Über Resource Guru

Web-basierte App zur Ressourcenplanung mit Urlaubsverwaltung, persönlichen Dashboards, Konflikt-Management, Team-Transparenz und Zusammenarbeit.

Erfahre mehr über Resource Guru

We can also integrate to the API to easily see who has free time and surface this through other channels. It also allows the whole company to get a view on who is free and when.

I think I'm missing the possibility to attach documents to tasks.

Bewertungen zu Resource Guru

Resource Guru hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 505 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Resource Guru bereits verwendet?

Myroslav
Myroslav
Integration Services Manager in Kanada
Bau, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple and very easy to use resource scheduling\tracking app.

Kommentare: Resource Guru is a great resource scheduling application for a simple use cases. It does what it promises perfectly. The UI is very friendly and pleasant - make for a great user experience. I used it to track the tasks for my team for almost a year. I would have kept using it but the company mandated a different tracking system and I had to abandon it. I like that Resource Guru'a focus on their product and customer service. I also appreciated the slow introduction of new features. Overall, very pleasant and satisfactory experience with a great application.

- Ease of use - Very pleasant UI - Flexibility

- Lack of features. The application does the simple scheduling\tracking perfectly though. - Copy\paste of resource tasks was not available at the time

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Hub Planner und Float

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru: The balance of features, ease-of-use, UI and the price.

Bill
CTO in USA
Öl & Energie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and to the point - Resource Gu does the one thing we need most, and it does it extremely well

Kommentare: It has been a significant enhancement o our workflow. Our prior use of our CRM system to do what Resource Guru does was costing us at least a full day per week. Now we get it all done in an hour our tow.

Simplicity and focus. Resource Guru solves one problem, a problem that is key to our business - which is project resource assignment and scheduling. It does it quickly, and easily. Our prior tool required us to understand a complex CRM system with multiple interrelated functions. Resource Guru gives us the availability, assignment and schedule tools we need to deliver our projects without needless overhead.

I would like more user defined fields when we assign a resource to a project. We assign a project sales phase type to each project, and we assign an individual billing rate to each resource, which can be different for each day of the project. We currently do that using a strict taxonomy in the "Notes" field and them use an Excel macro to parse that information out for sales and revue forecasting. While this doe take a bit of management and programming magic - it is still orders fo magnitude less complicated that it was previously when we managed this data in our CRM system. Having those filed would just make our lives all that much simpler.

Deven
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great team management solution

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Very positive. The product is great, but its my personality to always give feedback (solicited or not) and they always accept it graciously. Their reps are awesome and give prompt, helpful responses.

Beauty of the UI and ease of adding projects and bookings and moving them around.

There are lots of notification options which is great, but last I checked, there was know what was deleted if someone accidentally deletes a booking. Our solution is to restrict who can make edits.

Einzelhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Glorified spreadsheet

Kommentare: Causes more problems than it solves. We used to use a spreadsheet, it was much better than this.

Nothing at all. It has no redeeming qualities.

Allows you to book time without tasks. When asked to change this was told couldn't because some companies want that function, ie it isn't an option as it should be. The drop downs are fiddle and make it easy to select a blank, but doesn't warn you. Can't toggle between scrolling list and typing to search without cl king out of area. You have a set number of hours per day you need to book but it doesn't highlight those that are short- you have to hover to see remaining time but that function doesn't work properly, resulting in multiple clicks to get it to trigger. Colour by project doesn't actually do it, I'm on 6 projects yet only see 2 colours. Can push to calendar but not pull- useless function as meetings are booked in calendar to allow invites, you want guru to pull that data in to autofill. Though it is web based it is impossible to use on a mobile. The popups are always off screen, making it impossible to use - mobile friendly websites have been around for a very long time, lazy to not have it here, particularly as would allow people who are on the road to log their time on he go. Not worth the hassle even if free.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Some thoughts

Kommentare: ok

Relatively easy to use

Can't do everything I want to, or if it can I can't find it.

Nyaradzo
Project Manger in Südafrika
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

project manager

Kommentare: Am happy with it user friendly just some small changes then it will be supper good for us

Resource allocation, we were able to allocate resources and not clashing, also its necessary to see who is where and what is he doing.

Not able to add sub tasksnot able to close a task when done or track if its been done

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: JIRA Service Management und Asana

Warum Resource Guru gewählt wurde: Resource allocation

Zuvor genutzte Software: Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru: the critical issue was allocating resources of which the Resource guru is excellent with

Harald
Technical Manager in Norwegen
Unternehmensberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use calendar and resource management

Kommentare: Resource Guru is a great tool when you need to schedule multiple resources. It is easy to use, does not require any software installation and is a very good tool.

Easy to set up, use and implement. Great value for money and super customer support. Integrates with outlook.

Mobile solution could be better. It works fine, but could be improved.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Microsoft Outlook

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru: Easy sharing of calendar, making it very easy to identify free resource and assign them to a task. No need to email meeting invites back and forth. Easy to include external resources. Good value for money.

Marina
Marina
COO in Kroatien
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for resource planning

Kommentare: Overall, RG was a game-changer for us. Since we have implemented it, we got a better overview of our projects and became able to plan ahead and more long-term.

The product is very easy to use, intuitive, and fast. We love the ability to zoom in and out and have different views of our timeline.

What I (currently) miss most is the ability to quickly update the schedule. For example, to select multiple "tasks" for one employee and move them 1 or more days forward, in other words, to shift or postpone someone's entire schedule. We change schedules quite frequently so it would be easier for us to have this enabled. But I've heard that this would be possible down the road.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru: We wanted something specific for resource planning, not for task management, and the others we considered were more leaning toward task management.

Muhammad Farooq Ijaz
Team Lead Security Infrastructure in Katar
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good Product for Resource Management

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Very good. Using it for daily routing for resource management.

1. Easy to Use 2. User Friendly 3. Intuitive design

Lacking outlook integration which doesn't display the meeting scheduled to other members in the team

Brett
Neta Technician in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

User friendly

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Two thumbs up, very well designed and easy to navigate.

Ease of use, I can look at my schedule daily and it only takes a few moments to know my day to day tasks.

Nothing, I have had no issues at all with Resource Guru

Reshma
Studio Manager in UK
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SM user

Kommentare: As mentioned I have implement RG to both my previous and current working places. Its easy and simple, no complications, not clumpy.
I use RG on a daily basis to book my whole team's daily tasks.

Easy to use, simple for all team members. Looks visibly pleasing. I have implemented Resource Guru to my previous and current working places. Very good value for money.

Needs to have an action for users to click once they have completed the task. I have been waiting for this for a few years now. Still not very mobile friendly.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru: It was more beneficial for my team and how we work daily.

Stephanie
Branch Manager in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Game Changer

The ability to schedule out months at a time. Small projects do not get lost in the shuffle of construction projects that go on months at a time where we are constantly pulling on and off of. It is so easy to use and customize. Field staff caught on intuitively and almost immediately.

I cant think of anything I don't love about RG. I do not use many of the advanced features because we have project management software that gives us reporting.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Calendly und Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru: It seems easiest and most intuitively laid out.

Amirreza
Associate VP Operations in Estland
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Resource Guru is a great online tool that does a perfect job in scheduling resources on projects!

Kommentare: Overall, we are very happy with the tool. Over the course of years, we had to find work arounds and come up with creative solutions (within what's possible in Resource Guru) but having found those solutions, we are getting what we need from Resource Guru.

Generally speaking the UX/UI of this platform is very user friendly and easy to learn/use. I love the color coding feature (that can be used for marking projects, resources, etc) and the recently added filtering by the "Resource Booker" is very useful too. Last but not least, I like that Resource Guru keep this product alive as every once in a while they publish new features and enhancements.

Resource Guru for our organization does a great job of helping us schedule resources of projects over time. So I can't really think of major issues. But one minor pain point is once we create a "non-billable" project and schedule resources on that project. Often and after a while (usually when a project is signed and official) we have to change that project to "billable", but although we do that, we still need to manually update each and every resource booking under the "Schedule" section and mark each booking to be "billable". Ideally and if we change the billability on a project level, all those resource bookings should inherit the change that was applied to the project.

letztes Jahr

Hi Amirreza Thanks for leaving your great feedback! Regarding your query about billable/non-billable projects, we don't currently offer the functionality to change the Project-billable-status for every past booking, as we aim to keep historical bookings as accurate as possible, but I've shared your feedback on this with the relevant team here so it can be considered as we continue to develop the app and it's features constantly :) I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Michelle

Jeremie
CEO in Tschechien
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best stand alone solution for resource management

Kommentare: We're using ResourceGuru for weekly planing, when we plan the up-coming week for every creative and strategy members. And every day, through a short stand-up meeting, we review the daily plan of everyone to make sure everything is clear. Thanks to the simplicity of the UI we can easily replan on the fly in case of project changes.

UX is awesome Simplicity of the solution.

The one-side only integration with Google Calendar. If we plan meeting in people's calendar, ideally it populates ResourceGuru (and would place it in queue in case of conflict/overtime). The integration with other software, like Harvest, is inexistent, isn't it?

Antwort von Resource Guru

Hi Jeremie Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that 2-way calendar syncing is very firmly on our roadmap, so can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news :) When it comes to integrations with other tools, there are a couple of ways you can go about this. We have a 2 way REST style API which you can use if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation just here https://resourceguruapp.com/docs/api. We also have a Zapier integration which lets you quickly connect Resource Guru with 3,000+ other tools, without the need for any programming skills. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app Please let us know if we can help further :) Thanks, Kat

Piper
Research Director in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for small business

Kommentare: Overall we love it and it works perfectly for our small company (i.e., 35 people)

The software is intuitive and very useful for scheduling people to travel on projects, indicate time off, and let people know where you are each day.

I don't like that you can't organize your resources on your own. They are all alphabetical so we have to put the same letter at the beginning of each person in a group so they are grouped together on the schedule. Not a huge deal but seems a little odd for that the be the default and can't change it.

Antwort von Resource Guru

Hi Piper Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We do have plans to let you reorder your resources in future, so I've made a note to contact you as soon as this is available. In the meantime there are a couple of options. You can use custom fields and filters to display only the resources you're interested in. This is great if you want to focus in on specific teams, for example. You can read more about using custom fields here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942058-using-custom-fields-to-categorize-resources-by-skills-department-and-more And learn about filtering resources here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942088-filtering-resources The alternative option to put numbers at the start of your resource's names in order to group them on the schedule you currently use already and I hope it helps for now! If there's anything else I can do to help at any point please just let me know! Thanks, Michelle

Glenn
Project Coordinator in UK
Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Tool

Kommentare: It's just great. It's made my role so much easier.

The ease of use. It's helped me create buy-in among other departments internally with regards to schedule-driven process, whilst enabling everyone to maintain a proactive view on our resourcing capabilities (which ultimately informs everything else from our commercial functions, employment plans, etc).

I'd maybe tidy-up the 'Project' and 'Clients' tabs a little bit. Maybe introduce some filters to help you search for groups of each? That's about my only complaint, and it's not a big one by any means.

Antwort von Resource Guru

Hi Glenn Thanks for taking the time to share your review! It's great to hear that Resource Guru has made your role so much easier :) I wanted to let you know that we have firm plans to release filtering in the Projects/Clients sections in future, so I'd recommend signing up to our newsletter in the footer of our homepage (https://resourceguruapp.com/) if you haven't already. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news. I hope this helps :) Please don't be a stranger if you have any other questions or feedback at any point. Thanks! Kat

Lara
Senior conceptual Creative designer in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Review from a user perspective

Kommentare: Resource guru has been a bit of a god send as both a user checking when you're scheduled in for work but also as an admin to have big visibility of what everyone is working on and when.

Scheduling is really easy to do on the web version, I can book, amend or cancel resource in a matter of moments and easily drop and drag to move things around.

The mobile version on web browser can be a little clunky, it would be good to have an app version to make checking scheduling on the go (whilst at external meetings etc) easier to use, the same for booking resource on the go, its almost impossible to do so on mobile

Antwort von Resource Guru

Hi Lara Thanks for leaving a review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that the new schedule is mobile optimised, so you should now have a much better experience when using Resource Guru on a mobile in browser. We do have plans to release dedicated mobile apps in future, so keep your eyes peeled for further updates :) Happy scheduling! Kat

Paula
Executive Administrator in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Provides Great Resource Management!

Kommentare: With many staff members doing field work, Resource Guru helps greatly with schedule planning and tracking where staff are at any given time.

This software is easy to learn and use. We can see the availability of resources at a glance, and it's simple to make any edits to current entries as needed. The option to add personal photos for resources is fun to use and adds a bit of personalization to each resource.

When choosing a date to enter information, we need to scroll over the calendar instead of clicking, because clicking on dates will automatically trigger a window for entering new information.

Adile
Project Manager in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Resource scheduling never easier

Kommentare: It has make resourcing scheduling so much easier. Staff knows what they are supposed to be working on and managers can plan properly resources and understand conflicts or overtime required to complete projects on time.

It is a very easy tool to schedule resources. you can extend tasks across weeks, split tasks, duplicate tasks across different team members. It is visual and easy to use. It allow us to understand who is working on what projects. You can customise and filter resources by teams and you have a reporting tool where you can see by week how is your resource utilisation.

the Zoom -+ button will only show present week or next 6 weeks. It would be good if you can select how many weeks you want to see, between 1-6 weeks to visualise on the Schedule tab. sometimes when adding many tasks on a day for one resource, you create overtime unnecessarily it would be good to have a button/option to distribute same amount of time to all the tasks for a day, taking the amount of hours the resource works a day. Reporting- when reporting who is working on what project, it would be useful to have the percentages of time spent on each project.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Float

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru: value for money

Simon
Junior Art Director in Österreich

Easy-to-use, convenient scheduling software

Kommentare: We schedule all our daily tasks with Resource Guru.

+ flexible scheduling features + clear and easily readable UI

- if a day has 8h30m available, and 8h15m are scheduled, and another task is added with a 30m length, it shows up as "30m on waiting list and 15m free" - in my opinion, it would make more sense to show up as "15m on waiting list and 0m free"

Antwort von Resource Guru

Hi Simon Thanks for sharing your feedback with us :) When it comes to Overtime or Waiting list bookings, it isn't possible to have bookings partially on the waiting list as it would also be hard to display it on the Schedule. But in the meantime, you can add elastic overtime if needed, and drag the slider for overtime to 0 if the time should not be marked as overtime, but needs to extend availability. You can find more details in our help centre article here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942105-elastic-overtime I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help. Thanks, Michelle

Brent
Division Manager in USA
E-Learning, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Maintaining High Resource Utilization through Coordination and Resource Guru

Kommentare: Overall Resource Guru has significantly contributed to our ability to schedule, review and plan our resources. We have increased our overall utilization of resources by using this product.

We like the ability to visualize our employee utilization on a company-wide basis while being able to generate other utilization views by department and resource type. This helps us determine any utilization gaps and plan for cross utilization to ensure overall high utilization of our resources.

I would like to see a few more customization features for how the system currently treats over-bookings. We would like to be able to over-book resources and it show their utilization at 100%+ rather than it showing the conflict and a lower utilization until the over-allocation is corrected.

mimi
Resource manager in UK
Medienproduktion, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

usage of GURU

Kommentare: I do find it easy to use, very intuitive and clear interfaces. I do do the inductions of new 'Client managers' on how to view their requested resources and everybody likes it

The simplicity of the usage and interface

I could not edit information of members of the team once they are listed.

Antwort von Resource Guru

Hi Mimi Thanks for sharing your feedback! Once your team activate their account, their photo comes under their control (along with their name and email address). Resource Guru was designed so that each person invited into the app has control over their own details and can keep their own details up to date. This helps to prevent one person from being burdened with keeping everything up to date. So, the best thing to do is to ask your team to update their own photos themselves. If you have any resources that have been added to your account without being invited (or who have yet to activate their invite) then you should still be able to upload photos for them. Please let me know if there's anything else we can do to help :) Thanks, Michelle

Eric
Head of buildings and structures in Neuseeland
Tiefbau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Tool

Kommentare: it have been very positive. I implemented this across or company to get some visibility on our resource allocation. it have worked well and is not very expensive.

very easy to use and the calander view is great give me a sense of what is going on 2, 3, 4 weeks out.

would like to have a feature that allows the employee to be able to mark a task or a project complete, which would than send a notification back to me or the PM that they are available to do additional works.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Float und monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru: functionality, easy of use than the price.

Nikki
Graphic Designer in UK

A great way of organising your day

That you can easily move jobs around if they need to change and can book off holiday time and meeting time so that you don't overbook yourself.

The waiting time bit could be better if time is overbooked - doesn't allow for different lengths of working days.

Antwort von Resource Guru

Hi Nikki, Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely customise the availability of each of your resources on a daily basis - not every day has to have the same availability. You can set resources normal availability (which is the availability which repeats on a weekly basis) and you can also create availability exceptions if you need to make a temporary change to someone's normal availability. You might find this article on resource availability useful https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/portal/articles/2162590 I hope this helps, but please get in touch if you have any questions. We're always happy to help! Thanks, Kat

Sudip
Research Professor in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Resource Guru: An Easy-to-Use Resource Management Tool

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with Resource Guru was positive. The software was easy to use, intuitive, and provided me with a powerful suite of tools to help me manage my team's resources.

I liked the fact that Resource Guru was incredibly easy to use and allowed me to quickly and intuitively manage my team's resources. The software also allowed me to easily customize the way I view and organize resource data, which was very useful for staying organized.

One thing I disliked about Resource Guru was that it had a limited selection of integrations. This made it difficult for me to connect the software to other applications I used for project management. Additionally, there were some features that I had to pay extra for, which I felt was not ideal.