Zen Planner

Cheaper, better, friendlier

Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Mike C.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love their service and how much they've helped me. I would like the ACH only option for memberships though!

Vorteile: The customer service and ease of use, especially that everything you would essentially need is included with ZenPlanner, unlike MindBody or Triib. It's also cheaper because of PaySimple's merchant integration and I don't think most fitness businesses need the add ons that MindBody has and that you would pay for. I think being a good business owner, setting clearly defined roles and tasks for employees, and making sure they do them will lead to more sales than a email/text bot from MindBody.

Nachteile: I think the client facing side of signing up for memberships could be a little easier, for instance: you can't have a ACH only membership option, you do need an iPad or computer of which to then use ZenPlanner's Front Desk for, but I do know ZenPlanner is teaming up with PaySimple to possibly release a device to use instead of an iPad or computer.

von Zen Planner an 28.5.2019

Thanks Paul! We appreciate your feedback and kind words.

Excellent product with futures that are practical, easy to use, and visually appealing

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Alejandro L.

Kommentare: Endless , independence and function. Being a small business owner it allows me to run and automate many things such as financial reports, workouts, attendance. Reservation, automations of emails for customer retention , sales funnel , customer support, technically forward thingkong woth use of apps for iPad and iPhone to allow me to function on the run , away from the office, in the field, and manage coaches.

Vorteile: I love zenplanner. They started out with few features and no apps but they promised to improve regularly and they deliver. In the short 4 years I have been using they have incorporated a staff app for the iPhone, a users app to reserve, keep track of workouts , PRs, billing and much more. an app for the front desk to use as checking in, reserving, adding new clients at ease. On each of these products they improve and incorporated new needed features faster than any software I have ever used. Their customer service is truly second to none. Helping you not only in the set up stage but anytime you need help and they work to resolve your problem immediately. The software not only is packed full of great functions for financial, workout writing and publishing, emailing automation, reports of attendance, finances , and mass email intervention but it does it with a sleek appearance that is not only visually appealing but with an easy of use that it's simple and powerful.

Nachteile: Software is still growing and some features , not many anymore, can be improved. This is truly the worse thing I can think off as I have tried many many others do never been so satisfied and impressed with them delivering a great product and on a regular bases truly adding features to improve it without making it more complicated for the user.

Tried the others, using Zen Planner

Bewertet am 11.2.2020
Gavin V.

Kommentare: Extremely positive.

Vorteile: Extremely user friendly. I could figure out how it worked quite easily and i am not a tech Wiz which I found to be quite pleasing.

Nachteile: the common problems that happens with all of the software like it. when the whole system goes down. It is not unique to ZP it has happened with others as well.

Great Fitness Specific Software

Bewertet am 7.11.2019
Brian K.
Hochschulbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love it. Never going to leave them.

Vorteile: Cost for sure, ease of use, the user experience for client is also very simple.

Nachteile: I can't say there are any other "cons" - If i'm being nit picky they could give a bit more time towards automatic PDF invoices. Some of their invoicing procedures don't have a simple suer experience.

von Zen Planner an 14.11.2019

Thank you so much for the review Brian, we really appreciate it!

Good for very simple gym businesses, bad for everything else.

Bewertet am 16.10.2017
Strength and Conditioning Coach

Vorteile: ZP lets us schedule and bill clients in one place. It spits out reasonably useful accounting summaries and can handle some email automations.

Nachteile: This software is the worst part of my job. Do not be fooled by their slick sales staff: this cannot perform most of the functions advertised. It can, but only in a perfect world where you gym runs exactly as ZP imagines it. In this imaginary perfect world, you'd need a team of administrators working full-time to keep your database up-to-date and functioning. Our gym runs about 250 sessions per week. That's either classes or PT. They're all different. ZP's workout builder does not work for this. We were spending ~3 hours per day inputting workouts. It could not scale. So now we do not track workouts in the software. We see 100 leads per week and run free trials to get them into the gym. ZP's various 'prospect' systems cannot handle this. They are not manipulatable enough to handle the different types of trials we'd like to offer. Doing so, again, would take a team of administrators. We now use a separate sales software for everyone on trial. ZP goes down most days for 1-2 hours. 5-6 days per week. Just no software to run the gym. No attendance tracked, no bills processed, no member questions answered. ZP's calendar never works on the first try. Literally. When I click on a staff member's calender I wait 15sec for the software to reload the full gym calendar with no changes. Then I click the staff member a second time, wait another 15sec, and only then am I rewarded with his/her calendar. With 28 staff this is not working.

von Zen Planner an 20.10.2017

I¿m sorry to hear your experience with Zen Planner has been less than ideal. We'd like to offer help to ensure your database is set up efficiently and give you a direct point of contact for the issues you have brought to our attention. Please reach out to our retention expert, Nick Deprez at nick.deprez@zenplanner.com, to get set up as your review is anonymous and we are unable to reach you directly. In response to your note about down time: we diligently track the down time of our software and are currently at 99.87% availability. This would not be possible if we were down at the rate you described. I¿ve passed your feedback about our feature compatibility and sales to our Sales Team to review and ensure we maintain transparency and honesty in our sales process.

Solid Product for Crossfit Gyms

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Mary ellen C.
Director of Communications
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I do not use it for my business, but have used it as an avid fitness enthusiast for over 2 years. It is nice when gyms all over the country use this software. I can have multiple gym memberships under 1 zenplanner account and switch between them.

Vorteile: I have used this program at 3 crossfit facilities and have enjoyed it for viewing WODs, signing up for classes, and storing workout information and PRs. I enjoy the leaderboard feature and the support you can give your gym mates.

Nachteile: I wish you could add features like workout videos for various exercises that are scheduled. I find some gyms do not utilize all of the features correctly, and that can make the app rather pointless. If you are not using this app to sign up for classes, log workouts, not using the leader board feature, you really aren't getting your money's worth.

von Zen Planner an 14.11.2019

Thanks for the review, Mary Ellen! We've recently integrated our software with SugarWOD to improve our WOD experience even more!

Next Generation

Bewertet am 1.11.2019
Abraham K.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Choosing Zen Planner to partner with us in growing our business, was one of the best decision we have made to date. Their website design has contributed to 90% of our current clientele. They are a team of professionals representing their brand extremely well.

Vorteile: 1) Ease of use;
2) Customizability;
3) Professional;
4) Excellent customer support.

Nachteile: 1) Features to engage individual athletes.

von Zen Planner an 14.11.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Abraham! We are happy that our website is helping to grow your business and I will pass along your review to the website design team!

Great Experience!

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Keesey P.
Member Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I absolutely love Zen Planner Help Desk. They are the most patient and helpful people EVER. Never have I called and hung up without a solution to my issue. I wish I could have them for my daily life!

Vorteile: It's simplicity. It's not overly complicated and buttons are easy to find.

Nachteile: Reports and the filters within it can be confusing; sometimes I'm not sure what terminology or keyword I need to use to produce a report I need - or if I'm supposed to use a whole number in a text box or spell it out...

von Zen Planner an 10.12.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Keesey! I'll pass along your review to our support team!

Bewertet am 21.12.2019
Sara B.
president
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Zenplanner has awesome customer service, very friendly and helpful.

Vorteile: This software has so many features. If you need it, it probably has it.

Nachteile: Work out logging lacks the bells and whistles.

von Zen Planner an 6.1.2020

Thank you for your review Sara, we'll pass your kind words on to our customer service team!

Zen Planner Review

Bewertet am 3.11.2019
Mike C.
Head Trainer
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Zen Planner is a really good product that I will keep using moving forward.

Vorteile: This is a very capable piece of planning software. Part of my business involves scheduling clients for multiple classes through the day. Zen Planner allows myself and my staff to keep track of class dates, times, client attendance, etc. It also allows for communication of cancelled or modified classes instantly.

Nachteile: Somewhat limited in the ability to brand with your company's logo or color scheme.

von Zen Planner an 14.11.2019

Thanks for the kind review, Mike!

Finally Found the Right System

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Teagan K.
Assistant Opperational Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has made this much more simple and allowed us to enhance our customers experience in our facility!

Vorteile: -Set up was detailed step by step process and had video reviews that our staff could go back to
-Customer service is the best that we have seen
-Hotline always has a person you can talk to (have answered every question we have had and has taught us how to solve the problem should it ever come up again)
- Hotline is available 7am-7pm
-Email (you can send a detailed email and have it answered within one business day)
- Our on-boarding assistant fallowed up with us after a month to make sure everything was running
- Has easy quick reporting
- Great schedule (imbeds into website so you do not have to leave company page)
-Great point of sale (imbeds into website so you do not have to leave company page)
- Mobil app is simple for customers and makes scheduling simple

Nachteile: online mobil site cannot work with out cookies which most smart phones automatically disable so we needed to send out an email with instructions on how to enable them

von Zen Planner an 14.10.2019

Thank you for the review, Teagan! We're glad you've found the right system for your business!

You can't beat their support team!

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Kim R.
Owner & Instructor
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am love the people at ZP. There isn't one person I've come in contact with that hasn't been helpful, positive, encouraging, understanding and cheerful. I went to their office because I was starting a new program and wanted help with the set up of the program and the membership. They set me up with one person to be my helper that day. Now what company will do that? I can tell you that no other software company I've used would've offered me that. Also, love the Zen Academy. I learned about so many more things the software could do for me that I wasn't either using or doing in a google spreadsheet . So now ZP is helping me save more precious time and I'm learning more about my business in the process. Thank you reports and automations!

Vorteile: Honestly, their customer support! However, I don't have to call often as the on boarding team set me up wonderfully to begin with. But the support articles answer almost all my questions so I don't have to call. I am a small studio and don't have a front desk staff but ZP does it all for me (well, allows my clients to do it all for me). It is super easy to use on all fronts.

Nachteile: I have't run into anything that I don't like. I use ZP on my laptop in a web browser and I've found it confusing to try the staff app on my phone or tablet. This old dog struggles with learning new tricks :) So we can't blame ZP for that.

von Zen Planner an 19.9.2019

Thanks for your feedback, Kim!

Good Overall Studio Management Software

Bewertet am 10.7.2019
Beth G.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The migration process was rocky. About 30% of the database has inaccuracies. They need to improve and automate this process. Tech support is excellent. Customer support was slow to resolve a billing issue I had. They refused to speak to me on the phone and did not return emails. But everything finally got straightened out with persistence on my part, and an effort to make up for the issue on their part. Overall, customer support is generally very good. The software works well, is not buggy. Overall, I really like the software except for the way purchasing works.

Vorteile: Reporting is excellent, the best I've seen. I like the fact you can create your own reports. After learning how to use the system we have been able to create any reports we need. That is definitely not the case for Mindbody or Wellness Living. The Kiosk application is nice to have and our clients like it, but needs some improvement. The Front Desk and Kiosk Applications are easy to learn which is helpful as we have 10 teachers at the center.

Nachteile: The POS system does not work like all other online systems (choose what you want, put in user info, payment info then press complete or check out and credit card is charged), and works differently in their different interfaces. The Front Desk software does not allow for discounts (that is being addresses in a future release). The Dashboard processes the sale, then you have to process the payment separately in a different step. In the beginning we lost sales because our staff was confused. Many of my teachers are still unsure whether a sale goes through or not. When the Front Desk application can accept accept discounts and credit card swipes it will greatly improve the POS process. The client kiosk does not include a form for entering info for new clients and signing a waiver. For some strange reason that is on the staff side of the application. We keep it on the staff application but it means after a client signs the waiver they could get to a screen that offers a free class, which we do not actually offer. I have a hard time understanding why that is baked into their software, it is not considered a best practice. We have found work arounds for these issues but would like to see an updated and more robust kiosk application. The automated emails are very good and it integrates with Mail Chimp. You can also implement a retention process with tasks assigned to different people.

von Zen Planner an 24.7.2019

Thanks for the feedback, Beth!

easy to use to run my business for apointment settings

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Drew S.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: this has done wonders for my business I dont need someone to confirm appointments

Vorteile: when setting apointments customers can do it online and it sends out confirmations and reminds of appointments so they have no excuse to not miss an appointment

Nachteile: could be cheaper per month. sometimes is slow but does the job

von Zen Planner an 24.7.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Drew!

Best Customer Service On The Planet

Bewertet am 4.5.2017
Alyssa R.

Kommentare: Sanity.

Vorteile: Zen Planner seamlessly integrates everything we need as a gym. Although there are still key features we would like, what is there works well and allows us to keep all customer data and interactions in one place, which makes our life easier. Perhaps most importantly, best customer service on the planet. No matter how small an issue, they respond immediately. And when we recently had an ENORMOUS problem, that was totally our fault, our rep worked on it over the weekend for us. He saved our sanity, and thousands of dollars. I can't imagine that kind of service anywhere else.

Nachteile: My only real gripes are things that don't exist and need to. I would like my members to be able to purchase retail items and check-in using their app. Both of these features exist in the staff app, but not the member app. Also, I would like an option to NOT have a gender field at registration. I find the gender binary pointless and it's offensive to our trans and nonconforming clients.

Happy to be back!

Bewertet am 28.3.2019
Paul D.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The reintroduction to Zen planner has been great. I'm learning new things and I'm excited about the dashboard that will show me exactly what's going on every day at first glance. It's exciting that I can customize it as well! I can't say enough good things about my onboarding coach. She was and continues to be amazing support with Zen Planner. I appreciate all of her patience and genuine interest in helping me utilize the software to its​ maximum potential for my business. I'm looking forward to growing with Zen Planner

Vorteile: I left for about four years because I felt like the software was missing some integral parts for my business. Now I was needing something different and looked at Zen Planner again. The​ changes they have made over the past four years has been amazing. This is not a company that sits idle and is content with the status quo

Nachteile: The system is a little complex but I believe it's more to do with the novelty of it and all of its features.

von Zen Planner an 2.4.2019

Thanks Paul! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the new features and updates!

Great Software, Even Better Customer Support!

Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Jayne Y.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If I ever have an issue with the software, or a question on how to do something (like create a custom report) the customer support is always outstanding.

Vorteile: I have been using Zen for 10 years. The program is so easy to use & I am always finding new things to do with it.

Nachteile: When creating reports for attendance or payment history for a client, I would love to have our business name show at the header.

von Zen Planner an 4.6.2019

Thank you Jayne, we appreciate the kind words!

Awesome and they continue to work to add new and wanted fuctionality

Bewertet am 11.5.2017
Alejandro L.
Owner / Director of Sports Performance
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: One stop shop for managing my business. Automation. And the ability to do a lot with little or no staff.

Vorteile: Easy to use, easy to manage. It has a great modern look and they don't try to bundle everything in one app. They have different apps for sing in, staff use, and member. I love the reports, and the face check in. Easy to find athletes by their face. Great for when you have new staff. It truly is a great bundle for workout tracking, integration with current website, and integration with marketing emails. All things other companies charge extra for. I would and have recommended this software to other gym and martial art owners.

Nachteile: The apps are great for managing but missing some fuctionality such as being able to schedule privates on the app. They where missing staff clicks in, retail sales but they have recently added those. Hard to find much I dislike and what I do they don't seem to be standing still, adding new function all the time.

Workhorse

Bewertet am 20.7.2019
Justin O.
Owner / CEO
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: zenplanner does exactly what you need a CRM tool to do most, it manages your current customers. Sure it integrates well for other uses such as lead capture, retail purchases, payroll, etc. Bit what I love is that it never fails at what we really need it to do, allow our service to be used by our customers, collect payments and evaluate customer data, allowing us to retain more members.

Vorteile: Reporting capabilities are immense allowing us to evaluate our business’ performance metrics and understand exactly what to focus on improving. Customer service is the best out of any service our business uses.

Nachteile: It is very hard to learn how to use on your own. But, if you take the initiative to ask for help and training, the staff will teach you and save you hundreds of frustrating hours.

von Zen Planner an 24.7.2019

Thank you for the good words, Justin!

Constantly surprises and improves

Bewertet am 31.5.2019
Chris A.
Gym Owner
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The more I learn about this software (partly due to their fantastic customer help team) the more I love it and the more it gives me back time! I still think I have barely scratched the service In its capabalities and I'm excited to learn more.

Nachteile: There is a bit of a learning curve but thats the same for all software. The basics at first is all you will need.

von Zen Planner an 4.6.2019

Thanks Chris, we think our support team is pretty fantastic too!

Best Customer Service I ever experienced

Bewertet am 26.7.2019
Juan ignacio C.
GM
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I run all my programs, classes and appointments. I also use it to bill my customers and record all my expenses. It is a perfect solution for a gym of sport facility, we are a fencing club with over 100 active members.

Vorteile: It covers all my needs, but the best part of it is the Customer Service. They helped me for every step over the implementation and they have always been available over the 3 years I have used the SW to solve all my questions. It is not only about issues but also about functionality questions. They are super friendly and useful.

Nachteile: The SW is very good, sometimes I would have preferred a few things to be organized differently but it is not a good deal.

von Zen Planner an 9.9.2019

Thanks for the review, Juan! We'll be sure to pass along your kind words to our customer service team.

ABOUT ZENPLANNER

Bewertet am 13.8.2019
Penny K.
OWNER
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: THEY HAVE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT CAN SOLVE BASICALLY ANY PROBLEM WITHIN THE LIMITS OF THE SOFTWARE. THEY ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE WHEN YOU NEED THEM AND SO HELPFUL.

Vorteile: THAT IT MAKES MY JOB EASIER BY AUTOMATING PROCESSES

Nachteile: DOESN'T HAVE ALL THE FEATURES I NEED. ALSO TOO HARD TO LEARN ALL THE FEATURES SO I'M NOT MAXIMIZING IT'S FEATURES. THERE ARE LIMITED ON BOARDING SESSIONS SO WHEN THEY STOPPED, SO DID MY LEARNING

von Zen Planner an 9.9.2019

Thank you, Penny! We think our customer service team is pretty great as well!

Solid software, great support.

Bewertet am 7.4.2019
Colin D.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Zen Planner takes care of our membership tracking, payments, scheduling. It can be a powerful tool if you know how to use it.

Vorteile: We've used Zen Planner in our gym for six years, and it's been pretty uneventful overall - which is what you want with such software. It does its job with a minimum of drama. Any issues we've had have been dealt with in a timely fashion. We do not use the workout programming feature (we went with SugarWOD for that), so I can't comment on that particular feature.

Nachteile: Zen Planner is good about making constant improvements, but there have been some things over the years that are a bit clunky and not necessarily intuitive to use. It's likely a function of building incremental improvements into existing software rather than starting with a clean slate.

von Zen Planner an 9.4.2019

Thanks for the feedback, Colin!

martial arts use

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Shelly J.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer service has been great in helping us resolve issues and work around systems that aren't quite what we need.

Vorteile: We like that we can track student count/growth, attendance, belt ranking, finances, and appointments all in one place.

Nachteile: The calendar is not easy to use and often leads to errors if you don't follow certain steps.

von Zen Planner an 10.5.2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Zen Planner, Shelly!

Modern Interface with lots of flexibility

Bewertet am 20.2.2020
Joey J.
Owner, Head Instructor
Sport, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The onboarding process was thorough. I did have to be persistent in explaining some needs that were different from what they expected.

Vorteile: This product can be customized in many ways to meet the specific operation of your business. The interface is slick looking and makes good use of screen real estate. The interface is fast and responsive. The universal search button lets you get to what you need quickly.

Nachteile: The mobile app features are quite lacking. Although it is customizable in most ways, there are some ways it is not, and when you mention these to support, they can't fathom why you'd want that. There is a feedback option to submit feature requests, and they always reply to them, but it seems the dev cycle is VERY long.