Great Program for Purchasing

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Ilyssa R.
Purchasing Manager
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bellwether has helped our company tremendously. Over the last few years we have been able to utilize it to help us keep track of our spending like we were never able to before.

Vorteile: This software is very user friendly and simple to learn and use. My favorite thing about the program is the customer service that you get along with the product. They are always helpful and quick to answer any time I have a questions. They are improving all the time, which is actually a great thing because we've been able to make suggestions and express issues while having it fixed in a timely manner.

Nachteile: I feel that this is a growing software, so we've encountered some issues, but it's always very minimal. It can sometimes be picky on how you enter information, but it's nothing terrible.

von Bellwether Software an 1.11.2019

Ilyssa,
Thank you so much for the great endorsement of Bellwether!
Chief

Great program and Great customer service

Sue L.
Administrative Coordinator, Live Production
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The Bellwether program really helped us to get a handle on our purchase approval process and followup on outstanding orders. It tracks everything from purchase requests to invoices to budgets. The customer service has been stellar - we haven't had to make very many requests but when we do, we get a response very quickly.

Nachteile: A couple of minor things:
I would like to see the progress bar for the status of an order on the Purchase Order screen instead of the Requisition.
It would also be helpful to have the Add Item box a different color or somehow differentiate it from the Order Lines section. That has been a point of confusion for some of our users.

Bellwether has streamlined our entire purchasing process

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Mikayla H.
Principal Quality Engineer
Biotechnologie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it has streamlined our purchasing procedures.

Vorteile: Easy to keep things organized from requistion to approval to ordering. When we can use punchouts, they are awesome.

Nachteile: It would be nice to be able to upload a packing list/recipt after an item as been received in the system. Sometimes the "Receive" button gets pushed and there's no way to add a packing slip later. It's also a bit confusing at first to have the REQ numbers not match up with PO numbers - they should be different formats or something, otherwise a requisiton of 010530 might become a PO number of 010555 while a prior requisition becomes PO number 010530. It would also be handy to be able to search the list of POs for a certain vendor or item - as it is, you can sort the columns by vendor and find it that way but a search feature would be great.

Mikayla,
Thank you for your endorsement of Bellwether!
Kevin

having good experince while using this product

Bewertet am 11.10.2017
Anoosha D.
ISR

Kommentare: Great CS and response. Great on willingness to hear and work on improvements. Lots of opportunity for further improvement in functionality and use. Decent value for the money however some missing functions keep to close

Vorteile: it Eliminates our out of control manual purchasing process. No more paper! Gain accountability, tracking, and reporting.

Nachteile: On the downside, most of the challenges experienced with e-procurement emanate mostly from the supplier and not the company but can have an effect on the procurement process. Training cost may be high. Any time technology is involved there is some level of risk to compromised data. What of a supplier who has for all the years been handling clients on a face-to-face basis? E-procurement will definitely become a challenge but it should not be an excuse to ignore e-procurement software.

Heavy Bellwether User

Joshua M.
Assistant Project Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lot's of problems are being solved. One centralized place for all purchases makes keeping track of budgets a lot easier.

Vorteile: The User Interface is one of the best I've seen. Very easy to navigate. Very quick and snappy for being a cloud based program. Great catalog and template that make requisitions very easy to submit.

Nachteile: Not really any large cons. Easy to use and solves a lot of problems other software have.

Bellwether Purchasing and Inventory Software

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Juan G.
Engineering Manager
Baumaterial, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As a member of an organization with where my main use comes in the form of reviewing orders and looking up archived information, I can tell you I really appreciate the ease in which I can access the files I need.

Nachteile: No cons. The software meets all my needs

Juan,
Awesome comments on Bellwether!
Kevin

This was a good choice for our company

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Steve W.
VP Finance
Industrieautomation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very good experience with Bellwether, and the support has been effective and timely. The cost of the system kept me in budget.

Vorteile: The software is intuitive, and training employees was very easy. The set up and implementation process was very straight forward, and the Bellwether team very supportive. The automatic approval process from email is helpful, and means you don't have to log in to approve requisitions.

Nachteile: The report writer is chunky, and finding the right fields can be a challenge

von Bellwether Software an 18.9.2019

Steve,
Thank for the great endorsement of BPM. We have our new reporting module coming out in the next two months that will make your life easier.

Bellwether Purchasing Software Review

Chad M.
DMI Quality Control
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It saves the catalog which makes it easy when sending in equipment for calibration because the serial numbers are saved in the item description

Nachteile: There is nothing about this software that I do not like

Bellwether Review

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Ashley C.
Service Coordinator
Maschinerie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It keeps our business running smoothly and allows us to get things purchased in a timely manner.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to use this software.

Nachteile: When you have to add a new item when ordering, it gets kinda confusing.

This product fit our needs well both from capability and price point perspectives

Bewertet am 16.12.2015
Phil L.
Purchasing Specialist

Kommentare: Our organization was looking for a purchasing software package to replace an antiquated and cumbersome excel routine. After viewing a number of available packages at various price points we felt that ePMX would best meet our needs. Our set up included the institution of a part numbering system for repetitive needs and inventory management purposes. We also needed a custom bridge to output from the invoice system in ePMX to another acct'g system we use.
Working with ePMX to understand master file setup was easy. Setting up each module took some time but there were no real hitches. Loading data into ePMX went very smoothly. Overall the implementation was done within our time frame. I found ePMX trainers responsive and knowledgeable.
The custom bridge we needed worked properly with just a slight bit of tweaking up front.
I feel one negative was the length of time it took to develop a punchout for one of our large vendors. This was not just an ePMX issue but also involved that vendor's input. But I felt as though ePMX should have been driving this harder when things got bogged down.
Overall I would recommend ePMX to anyone looking for a package with the advertised features. Reporting is easy and quick. Finding information is easy and quick. We are able to manage our purchases and inventory much more effectively using ePMX.

Bellwether is a great product!

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Theresa T.
Executive Office Administrator
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Bellwether is very easy to navigate. This software has helped me easily keep track of orders/PO's. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a great product with great customer service!

Nachteile: The canned reports were not that easy to navigate in the beginning but when you take some time to read the help section you can figure out what report will satisfy your needs.

Theresa,
Thank you for the great endorsement for Bellwether!

Great Purchasing System

Summer T.
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really like the search function of this program. It is so easy to search through all of our purchases for an item that we have ordered.

Nachteile: I don't really have any complaints, this program does everything we need.

Review

Megan B.
Quality Control Manager
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Sending internal notes to our purchaser to let her know specifics without needing it to be on the actual Purchase Order itself helps when setting up welder's to test at a lab and also for having Subcontractors com to perform work. Extra emails are not necessary because of this feature.

Nachteile: N/A -- This program is far beyond what we were using before (excel spreadsheets) for purchasing.

Customer service is outstanding

Bewertet am 11.4.2016
Kelly W.

Kommentare: I was looking for PO generation software and came upon Bellwether. I scheduled a demo and went through the program with Travis Neville during which time we discussed our needs and how their program would need to be altered to fit those needs. Travis informed me he would speak to his development team and get back to me with changes that would need to be made. A few days later I received an email informing me that, while they could accomplish what I was looking for, perhaps it would be easier and more cost-efficient to try another company he recommended. He was right, the other company is a perfect fit and well within our budget. I really appreciated the candor and wonderful recommendation I received from this company. It appears they have a great system with many really good ideas and it looks very easy to use, it just wasn't exactly what we needed. Travis recognized that and got us on our way. I would count us among very happy customers even though we didn't end up going with their software.

Vendor and Purchase tracking just got easier!

Tim L.
Senior Lighting Specialist
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bellwether software has provided the perspective and tracking needed to define and make purchasing decisions quickly with neccessary accountability.

Vorteile: The software is simple to navigate with user-definable fields. The catalog function allows tracking various vendor pricing and the Requisition/Purchase Order functions allow approval tracking as well as quick reordering without building from scratch.

Nachteile: Budget tracking views and departmental information can be difficult for the first few purchase entries but that simplifies after regular use.

Easy to Use Product

Bewertet am 8.11.2018
Dana Z.
Accounting Associate
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has given us a streamlined approval process. It has also allowed us to monitor how much of a particular item we are purchasing and track cost increases.

Vorteile: The requisition and purchasing pieces of this software is very easy for the end user. The administrative side is also easy to navigate. I like that the menu items could be tailor for each user group and only see what is necessary.

Nachteile: I wish that the window size with in the program could be larger. At times the items descriptions could be difficult see.

Great PO software

Brandon d. M.
Associate Director | Live Video Production
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are finally able to have a cloud based software that allows us to easily track and gain necessary approvals for all PO and accounting needs!

Vorteile: We love the ease of use with approvals and cataloging. It is a great software that keeps everyone on the same page.

Nachteile: Sometimes the approvals can be randomized which makes the workflow take longer.

DMI Contractors Inc Review / Mustang Coatings, LLC

Blake K.
Paint Quality Control
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I am able to specify shelf life requirements for paint purchases

Nachteile: N/A - This product is exceptional compared to our process for purchasing prior.

Bellwether was easy to set up and easy to use.

Ryan M.
Facilities Director

Vorteile: Customer service for Bellwether has been amazing. They were available to help any time we had questions while implementing the software.

Nachteile: Sometimes I'll place a requisition for something that has already been requested, but since I can't see other people's orders I can't see that I'm duplicating a request that's already been made.

von Bellwether Software an 31.1.2018

Ryan,
Thank you for the perfect rating for Bellwether!
Please contact your admin for permission to see requisitions submitted by other users.
Kevin

I can coordinate orders for my team much easier with Bellwether.

Binjie X.
Senior Director of Technology Development

Vorteile: If I ask one of my technicians to place an order, they can do so very quickly and I can approve the order right away.

Nachteile: As an approver I would like to get updates anytime someone on my team requests an order. I have to periodically check the site to see if any requests have been made.

von Bellwether Software an 5.2.2018

Binjie,
Thank you very much for the 5 star ratings!!!
Our support team sent you an email to confirm that email notifications are reaching you so you are aware of the current team request.
Kevin

Bellwether saves me tons of time every single day.

Mikayla H.
Director of Quality

Vorteile: Bellwether is much easier to navigate than our old system. I used to spend hours on ordering every week and now I find myself only spending minutes out of every day.

Nachteile: I would like to see a custom notification feature added so I can control alerts about what items need to be approved.

von Bellwether Software an 5.2.2018

MiKayla
Thank you for your comments on how much time Bellwether saves you!
Our support team reached out to you to walk you through how you can be notified of pending approvals.
Kevin

The Bellwether software is the most complete inventory software I've ever used.

Kevin B.
Director of Engineering

Vorteile: I just started my job at Sharklet and Bellwether has made the transition into my role a lot smoother than I would have imagined. Learning Bellwether was very easy.

Nachteile: I want to be able to see what everyone at the company has put into the system from the time the requisition is made until it's been received.

von Bellwether Software an 1.2.2018

Kevin
Thank you for very much for the 5 star ratings.
Please contact you admin to gain permission to see all requisitions, PO's, and received items.
Kevin

The bellwether software is the best!

Axel P.
Electroforming Technician

Vorteile: We order from the same vendors most of the time, and bellwether stores all of their information for us so it only takes me a couple minutes to request many items.

Nachteile: I would like to be able to see what other requisitions have been made by people at my company, rather than just my own requisitions.

von Bellwether Software an 31.1.2018

Axel,
Thank your for the great review for Bellwether.
Please contact you admin for permission to see requisitions submitted by other users.
Kevin

Excellent customer service, quick response time, easy software to navigate.

Bewertet am 24.1.2018
Nic D.
Microbiology Technician
Biotechnologie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy transition from our old software, easy to add new vendors and items. Receiving orders is easy and uploading packing slips is very quick.

Nachteile: I can't see requisitions by other users which sometimes makes it hard to see if something I need to order has already been requested by someone else.

von Bellwether Software an 25.1.2018

Nic,
Thank you for the great endorsement!
Please contact your admin. They can change your personal setting to see all requisitions submitted.

Bellwether Epmx software

Bewertet am 21.1.2010
Toni B.
Purchasing Supervisor

Kommentare: I would recommend this to companies that want to get their spending under control.

Vorteile: works great for purchasing controls. Great Support staff that are willing to find a way to make a good fit. This is a great tool to help managers realize their budgets.

Nachteile: Time realization when you are going from no system to utilizing a system...education and ongoing addition time required to make it work. Computer adverse staff will resist.

von Bellwether Software an 3.5.2010

Bellwether Corp appreciates the challenge for some to convert from their paper purchasing system to a fully integrated SaaS model. Bellwether continues to strive to develop intuitive, user-friendly solutions for those of varying software/computer comfort levels while providing the capabilities needed by its customers.