Excellent Product and Service

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Nathan H.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have really enjoyed using 123signup for our association. It has helped us automate a lot of our processes and has helped us save an extraordinary amount of time and effort so we can focus more on our member services. My experience with 123signup's customer service has been excellent! Any time I have a question or need to make a shift to our organization's structure in the system they have been quick to respond...a huge selling point!

Vorteile: Our association needed software that could accommodate our complex membership structure and 123signup delivered on this need. The system makes it easy to pull membership reports, attendance reports, financial reports, and it also helps us with distributing certificates for members who attend our events. The event set-up is easy and straight forward and meets all our needs. Overall, 123signup is an excellent product.

Nachteile: At times it can be difficult to determine which report to pull when seeking specific information. That said, once you figure it out it is smooth sailing there on out. I would also like to see a better email system with the ability to send attachments as I don't believe the email system allows that at this time.

From large conferences to a 50th reunion, 123Signup makes it look easy.

Nancy B.
Reunion Committee Member
Programmentwicklung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We found 123Signup to be just a great time-saver for our committee. It is so worth the administration fee (which is very, very reasonable.) With about 200 people coming to our reunion from all over the country, it's been a tremendous organizational and communications tool. I don't know what we would have done without it. Thank you for an excellent product and wonderful customer support.

Vorteile: Our all-volunteer committee is planning a 50th high school reunion. We are using 123Signup to allow attendees to register online, keep track of dinner orders, let attendees submit a biography for our memory book, create a registration list in alphabetical order by last name AND if I want, in order by date registered, and take care of collecting credit card fees. We've also sent out several emails to update attendees on plans. I used 123Signup to help with conference administration and registration while I was working (now retired) and loved it, so I recommended that we use it to help with our reunion. It has been easy to use and has helped us to stay organized. Customer support is excellent! Whenever I have a question, I just email customer support and they answer with step-by-step instructions as to how to accomplish the task in question, and they answer usually within an hour. We also love the various reports, from registration to finance, that we can create quickly and easily on the site and then download. It saves hours of work in administration of the event.

Nachteile: This is a minor complaint. We put our dinner choice question in the questionnaire and didn't ask the user to repeat his/her guest's name. So when we print out the dinner choices, we don't have the guest/spouse's name (the attendee is listed as 'guest of only.) We solved this by just doublechecking with the "date of registration" list, which shows the names of spouses and guests. We needed this info because we made placecards with each spouse or guest name and their dinner choice.

Reliable, functional time-saving software for volunteers

Laura G.
Immobilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Customer service is knowledgeable and quick to respond when questions arise or special requests are made. The fees for the services and special requests are reasonable, and turnaround is excellent.

Vorteile: The 1-2-3 SignUp software combines previous membership/mailing list/contact software with event planning (registration, online payments, sign-in, and education/attendance tracking) to minimize the workload on volunteer board members while providing numerous added membership benefits (member education history, 24/7/365 access to certificates of completion, online CC payment option, etc.).

Nachteile: Some of the email formats (particularly those automatically generated by the software) are as flexible as our organization would like, and not yet available in HTML.

Excellent Resources for small business owners

Bewertet am 15.7.2016
Donna C.
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Going from educator to business woman was quite a transition. I looked for products and services that were cost effective, easy to use, and provided great tech support. I also looked for services that would support my newly acquired business skills. 123 Contact software addresses 90 % of our "bookkeeping" and organizational needs. Being new to the business world it took me awhile to learn and understand my way around 123 Sign up, however, when I needed support I always received thorough, step by step, detailed instructions from 123 staff. The customer support and the willingness to help meet my business needs, is the reason my company will stay with 123Signup until the day we close up shop.

Vorteile: the variety of organizational services it provides and the excellent , knowledgeable and professional tech support staff

Nachteile: A couple of pages are difficult to navigate.

von 123Signup an 9.11.2016

I'm so pleased to hear 123Signup is working so well for you and your business. Thank you for posting this kind review, Donna. Our team works really hard to help our clients meet their organizational goals, so your feedback means a lot to all of us. We'll continue to do our very best to support your business until you "close up shop". Ann Murphy - General Manager

Outstanding Customer Service Keeps Me Returning

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Michele G.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Customer Service is always patient, professional no matter how often I call

Nachteile: Inability to use more than one graphic and limited to one place/page Lack of overall Directions in the event of registration of more than one person at a time Lastly the fact that our funds are not released within 30 days

Learning curve a little high

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Victor V.
Secretary
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over the years, 123Signup has been stable, and we've never lost any data. Sometimes we have wanted to be able to manipulate people's records to better serve the client; eg when they cancel for one event but want to be added to another of equal value, and we haven't been able to (figure out how to) do that easily -- or if you can do it at all. Generally, it is kind of boring and time consuming, but it works, and that's the most important thing.

Vorteile: 123Signup was available when we first needed it many years ago, and it has worked since with very few glitches. The software has much more capability than I have ever learned to use. However, it does the job that we need it to do at a reasonable cost. It is a very stable program.

Nachteile: Learning curve is a bit high, and it can be clunky. It is not intuitive, and the user has to search through a lot of verbiage to find the subject needed. This can be vexing because the user generally wants instant gratification. It is sufficiently daunting that I've never had any desire to dig around in it and find out what all it will do, but mainly stay with the "minimum".

123Signup is as easy as 1...2...3!

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Managing Partner
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used 123Signup since 2007 and overall, I've been more than pleased with the platform. In fact, over the last several years they have made numerous improvements that have made the user experience even better. I also find that their customer care team is quite responsive.

Vorteile: Functionality of the platform is excellent, and it incorporates standard features such as calendar and social shares. With respect to memberships, it allows the user to be as simple or as thorough as necessary. Events are the same, with simple and advanced events.

Nachteile: Sometimes when creating mailers, a system bug occurs and it doesn't save the content. It doesn't happen often, but unfortunately it does happen from time to time. The 123Signup team is aware of the bug.

von 123Signup an 3.4.2019

Hi there,

Thank you for the kind review. We're working hard to bring you more functions and features this coming year, too! We're excited to have you on board with us.

-123Signup

123signup Review 2019

Ana G.
MITA Events and Communications Managers
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: GREAT!

Vorteile: ease of use, GREAT customer and technical support!

Nachteile: sometimes clunky system to use for our members; they have to approve being onour mailing list

123Signup review

Joann K.
Member Services Director
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this is a great software at a fair price. I have used it for at least four years now and keep coming back. The customer service is what keeps me coming back. They are so helpful!!

Vorteile: The customer service is outstanding. I always get a response within the hour and usually within 30 minutes of sending an email.
The set up for an event is very user friendly. They have made improvements over the years that have been very beneficial.
The reports tab keeps you updated on every aspect of your event.
The feature for the name tags is awesome. This year is the first time I have used it and it was GREAT!

Nachteile: It does seem to take a while for the checks to come in. Last year I had closed the books and then received a check much later. I haven't dug into the financial reports to much but I did look at it a few weeks ago and thought it said I only had $3,000 something more dollars coming then I received a check for $14k. So I'm not sure about that tab. I may have just read it wrong.

Long term statisfied user

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Richard Z.
executive director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We run multiple conferences and rely on 123 completely to keep registrations running smoothly. Almost like electricity . . . it is always there, operating without our attention and delivering accurate results. I appreciate a service/software that does what it is supposed to do without much supervision on my part.

Vorteile: We have been using 123 for 5+ years as our only online registration system. It easily provides all the services we need to run conferences. I cannot remember if it has ever been down; always there when you need it. The support staff is great and very quickly responds to our requests. It is now an integral part of our operations and we cannot run events without it.

Nachteile: My only issue is that there are sections of 123 which cannot be customized per event while other areas can be redesigned for a specific event. The support staff does it's best to modify sections when we need it, but some are untouchable.

Makes my job easier

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Donna G.
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Main use is so that we can take credit cards for registration, as we don't have a merchant account. Over time, signups have gone from about half online to almost 90% online which saves us a lot of time in sending out invoices or having to collect on the day of the event

Vorteile: The software allows us to take credit cards and capture signup information in a format that is easy to use. Support has always been super responsive, a rarity in the software industry.

Nachteile: Without using the membership option it is a little hard to classify people on some of the reports. Accounting would like to see the reporting by company, some reports only list names. During the signup process, people can check a box to receive future notices from us, but there is no report we can run informing us that they have checked that box.

First Responder Virginia Conference

Tarry P.
Convention Chair
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The application was well thought out and worked as advertised. There were limitations that did nto allow us to handle somethings as we wanted to. My biggest issue was with customer service. The hours were not convenient for us since we were on the East Coast. Additionally we experienced an issue with taking credit cards that ran for several days. This problem caused a lot dissatisfaction with 123Signup among our users.

Vorteile: The array of available reports were exceptional.

Nachteile: Not a flexible as we had hoped it would be. We were unable to use certain non alphabetic and numeric characters.

It looks simple - but it's a work horse and does a lot!

Bewertet am 14.5.2015
Bette C.
Consultant
4.5 / 5
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: Instant response - if I need something changed or updated, it's generally done within a day or two at the most. If I need some special report, likewise a simple explanation of what I am looking for and I have it. The support team is the best I've ever dealt with. And if you have any questions, an email generally solves it within an hour or two.

Nachteile: I would describe myself as a "power" user. The system is built for the general user with easy to understand screens, reports, etc. While I get everything I really need, there is sometimes more screens to accomplish a task than I think necessary.

Great Product for Membership Enrollment & Event Ticket Purchasing

Dawn N.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We could not have launched membership enrollment fee without it. It made the ability to convert from a non fee to a fee based company simple because it handles all of the enrollment processing.

Vorteile: The best part of the product is the ability to set customized automated emails upon renewal of membership.

Nachteile: Ability to request for donations during enrollment. We use a functionality, but it would be better if it was specifically for donations.
Connection to our database.

Customer Support

Jon K.
Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: While at times, the software is a bit extensive to set up events, but the overall workability is good. The thing that is most excellent is the customer service support! Always answer the phone calls and always have an answer or solution.

Nachteile: Set-up is tedious, as to the addition of events.... when adding an event, you must start at bottom and manually move one at a time upward. Cannot clip and paste into a slot

overall usability review

Bewertet am 30.11.2016
Jeanette D.
Controller
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The only drawback that I have encountered is that we cannot merge accounts with the same member.
We sometimes have members who register for exams for conferences with a different email address and thus start a non member account when they already have an account.
I usually terminate the non member second account, and can see their transaction history, but it would be nice to merge that info into their member account.
I wish that the Donation section could be categorized to various donation types.

Vorteile: ease of use

Nachteile: the two things I mentioned.

Association and event management review

Bewertet am 4.11.2016
Raymond lynn H.
International Chairman
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: 123Signup solved several challenges for our organization in a very easy, quick and cost effective manner. As a small non profit organization, we cannot afford elaborate software or paid administrators and clerical staff. 123 is the perfect solution.

Vorteile: prompt customer support

Nachteile: Not really designed for an international organization.

Pros and Cons on Use of 123Signup Over Many Years of Use

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
John L.
Chairman Emeritus
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I have been pleased in my use of 123Signup, although the clunky appearance does not appeal to many of my colleagues, who invariably prefer to use Eventbrite for event mailings. We used 123Signup for our newsletters many years ago, but my colleagues switched to Constant Contact and we have since stayed with that vendor for a very long time. Our organization does continue to use 123Signup to manage our membership database, which isn't that demanding a task, so overall, our use of 123Signup has been quite limited in recent years.

Vorteile: 1. Very easy to understand and use.
2. Even with changes, fundamental approach has not changed over the many years that I have used the software, which minimizes the time expended on use.
3. The software has sufficient flexibility to permit me as an administrator to override certain functions like membership payments and event selections.
4. Maintenance of past events in the archives permits repeated use of the same event templates, which is very convenient.
5. There is excellent variety of features to incorporate almost any variation of event registrations desired.

Nachteile: 1. Although very functional, the "look and feel" of the template convey a clunky appearance, as contrasted with the brighter and more modern look of Eventbrite.
2. When sending out emails to members, there is no way to find out prior to mailing which and how many members are included in the mailing based on the filters used, and even after these emails are sent out, the report identifies only the number of members who were targeted, with no further information on which ones were sent the emails.

Wow!!! Easy to Use

Bewertet am 30.11.2016
Steven W.
Board Member
Vorstandsbüro, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our organization had been using a small independent web service / training registration program for several years. I liked the person contact with the owner and the ability to pickup the phone and get someone to help. The organization expanded our web / training registration needs and unfortunately the owner wasn't able to produce what we needed. We found 123Signup and I have been impressed from day one with the easy and prompt service from customer support. I can't say enough positive things.

Vorteile: Easy of use and the immediate availability of customer service.

Nachteile: N/A. They have been very open minded when making suggestions to improving their system

great company in need of upgrade

Pam W.
VP of Operations
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: i have enjoyed working with 123 they are very responsive however, they things that the system lacks required me to us multiple companies to accomplish all of our needs. The system needs to updated on the event side. it causes a lot of work during month end with the way the reports intertwine.

Vorteile: The product is user friendly and the team is very responsive.

Nachteile: the ability to keep up with the growing tech world.

I've been using the system for a while and am very pleased and so is my treasurer.

Bewertet am 5.1.2018
Susan P.
Marketing Director
Sport, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Everything I need.

Vorteile: The variety of capabilities as well as the expansive reporting options. Our organization treasurer finds the reports very easy and helpful. The Customer Service personnel could not be better! As the administrator, I find this to be a huge plus! I know I can count on them to get back to me when I go to them for help.

Blow away CF

James B.
CEO/Northeast rep
Öl & Energie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Once I got the hang of it I was in the drivers seat but I will say event bright is more “mainstream” and “attractive” yet more expensive and 123 sign up got my job done. Comparison my go to is 123 sign up.
I feel as though 123 is missing an edge in marketing expect for new account holders. Being able to drag in an account is half the battle but if I could enter my contacts and create a data base that would be helpful

Vorteile: The customer service was fantastic.
Once I got past the learning curve I was good to go.

Nachteile: 1. The Learning curve/didn’t really gave time to learn it before launching tho either
2. Presentation on the web. Looks old school and less attractive to the client.

123Signup for Medical Conferences

Bewertet am 8.12.2016
Laura E.

Kommentare: We've been using 123Signup since 2009 and are very happy with the product. We present 3 annual pediatric conferences with about 200-300 registrants for each conference. 123Signup provides the flexibility & functionality we need at a very reasonable cost. In evaluating our product options, we found that many choices were either too simple (didn't have the functionality we needed) or were more robust (and expensive) than we needed and not scalable to our less-complicated needs. Our conferences have multiple registration types with varying fees and several fee deadlines. In addition, we offer optional "add-on" items which can be purchased during the initial registration process or at a later time. 123Signup has the functionality to handle all of these items and updates, as event items are added or changed, are easy. Our events are quite similar year-to-year. When setting up a new event, we can copy the prior year event and update dates, fees, etc. Pricing was a significant factor in our initial and on-going decision to use 123Signup. 123Signup's usage-based fee (percentage of registration cost) in combination with the fee cap (maximum per registration) makes this product cost-effective for our medium-sized medical conferences. We've had quick and effective customer support from 123Signup. We recently requested a customization for our events and it was implemented within 24 hours. On an overall basis, we've been very satisfied with 123Signup and would highly recommend this product.

Great service, great reports

Bewertet am 2.4.2015
Elissa P.
Co-Director

Kommentare: We needed an event management system for an annual event of about 200 to 300 people. 123Signup takes our registrations and allows me to view the data in various reports. We can get financial reports and attendee lists of course, but I really like the "Incomplete Registration" report for those who entered the system but did not complete the process. I email them to see if they really wanted to register or not. Some thought they were registered and are grateful to know they needed to complete the process. "Pending Payments" is another report that I love to run to email people who are overdue on payments. The statistical reports from our questionnaire which asks if they had previously attended and how they will be traveling are greatly helpful in understanding our population. Getting the word out to our subscriber database is no problem and very quick and efficient. The statistics on the number of delivered messages vs. bounced is helpful. The best part of 123Signup is the service. They are very responsive and work with you to give your registrants the best experience possible.

von 123Signup an 9.11.2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Elissa. The 123Signup customer support team really loves helping our clients and their attendees have the best experience possible. It's nice to hear that the reports are working well for your needs, too. It¿s been great working with you since you joined us in 2012, and we're looking forward to hearing from you again soon. Best Regards, Ann Murphy - General Manager

123 is great to work with!

Alyson C.
Meeting Planner
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 123 is great to work with and always willing to help solve any challenges.

Vorteile: I like the ease of the software and being able to quickly download reports and send mass emails.

Nachteile: I don't like that customers don't recognize the sender address from 123 and many times gets lots in spam.