Über Contentful

Die API-betriebene Inhalt-Management-Plattform, dank der Du Inhalte ganz einfach auf verschiedenen Plattformen verwalten kannst.

Erfahre mehr über Contentful

Finally, the robust API has been a game-changer for our team.

Previewing content prior to publication is limited.

Bewertungen zu Contentful

Contentful hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 56 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Contentful bereits verwendet?

Felix
Felix
CEO in Australien
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very innovative solution for Composable Content

Kommentare: Overall, I am extremely happy with our decision to use Contentful as our CMS. It has proven to be a powerful and flexible platform that has helped us to create, manage, and publish our digital content more effectively.

I recently started using Contentful as my company's content management system, and I have been extremely impressed with the platform's capabilities. One of the standout features for me has been the flexible content modeling. With Contentful, it's easy to create custom content types and fields, which has been a huge help in managing our structured content. The multiple language support has also been incredibly useful, as we have a global audience and need to be able to publish content in multiple languages.In addition to these core features, I've also appreciated the ability to integrate Contentful with other tools and platforms. This has made it much easier to manage our content across different channels and to track the performance of our content. The collaboration and workflow management tools have also been very helpful in keeping our content organized and ensuring that everything is reviewed and approved before it goes live.Finally, the robust API has been a game-changer for our team. It has allowed us to build custom integrations and applications on top of the platform, which has greatly increased our efficiency and allowed us to do more with our content.

As a small business owner, I was initially excited to try out Contentful as our company's content management system. However, I have to admit that I've been somewhat disappointed with the platform. While it does offer a wide range of features, I've found it to be quite complex and difficult to use, especially for someone like me who is new to content management systems. The learning curve has been steep, and I've had to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to use the various features and tools.Another issue I've had with Contentful is the price. It's a premium product, and it can be expensive compared to other content management systems on the market. As a small business owner, I have to be careful with my budget, and the cost of Contentful is a significant investment.Additionally, I've found the customization options to be somewhat limited. While I understand that Contentful is designed to be a general-purpose platform, I've had a few specific needs that the platform hasn't been able to accommodate. This has been frustrating, as I would have liked to be able to tailor the platform to our company's specific needs.Finally, I've had some negative experiences with Contentful's customer support. On several occasions, I've had to wait a long time to get a response, and when I have received a response, it hasn't always been helpful. This has added to my frustration with the platform.

Richard
Richard
Communication and Media Analyst in Argentinien
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Contentful helps you with content for a long time

Kommentare: Using Contentful Content Platform simplifies and provides quality for your content. It is a platform that can help you if you need to write a lot of content over a long time. The benefits of using Contentful Content Platform are that, if you need it, you can save a lot of writing time and help the quality and quantity of the content you write.

Save time and money when writing content. Contentful Platform can help your business or website save money with the right plan. It has many benefits over bulk writing, and you can use it to write content quickly with quality and quantity. The best place to create high-quality paper and editing work fast is Contentful. In addition, Contentful helps you organize content conveniently and can save time by preventing you from searching for content whenever you need to edit or add new content.

Contentful Platform is priced high monthly, and the free version has limited features. As a beginner, learning the material can be challenging. Contentful also has limitations on accessing content from others who wish to use it. Still, it is an excellent service for large teams or businesses that must write a lot of content quickly, easily, and well.

Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Very inflexible when it comes to styling changes, use only if you have plenty of engineers

It is impossible for users to create elements that are totally out of line with the corporate design. Contentful also loads faster than many other CMS.

There isn't much I like about Contentful. It is impossible to copy entire pages without a lot of effort, which makes it very time-consuming to create new pages. While you can re-use existing elements, the problem is that if you change them, they are changed everywhere, and there is no way to just copy an element in order to use it as a new element (i.e., changes you make to it don't affect the element you copied). As others have mentioned before, it sometimes takes a quarter of an hour for changes you made to appear on the preview pages, which is just painful (Wordpress is pretty much instant). But by far the biggest pain is that there is no way for the user to simply access the CSS. We have to go back to our engineering team for every little tweak we want, even if it is just the padding of an element or the alignment of a certain style of text. Another issue I have is that it is hard to figure out where on a new page you are while you are editing it. Unlike Wordpress, where you can see the overall structure of your page elements clearly on an overview page, you can only see the rows of the page on the overview in Contentful - you have no idea what the structure inside each row looks like until you click on it. That means you're getting disorientated quite quickly as to where you need to click to edit element X of the page. Overall, I find Contentful terrible to use. It has a few benefits, but at least from a content management user experience those don't outweigh the significant downsides at all.

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Aserbaidschan
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Enterprise website management platform for organization’s with lot of data

Kommentare: In the few years that we have been working with various CMSs, Contentful has been very successful and one of the safest and most well-designed decisions is being made for your organization. They are both safe and have a great status.

I like Single Sign-On for easy and secure access of team members, It is also a great platform when you’ve got a lot of content and data for your organization and need a professional platform for categorizing your data in the shortest time. GraphsQL is great, and at last, Contentful is user-friendly and easy to understand for newbies.

Because a team is working on a project in a short amount of time and maybe working two or three shifts to edit the content of several people, a more professional and secure log is needed to record all events in detail.

Brent
Chief Architect in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

An Excellent CMS

Kommentare: Overall I find it a delight to work with. Highly recommended.

I love all the following: the Infrastructure as Code that allows me to define my models through software, the SDK that allows me to load or update content via automation, the apps that allow webhook integrations such as with Gatsby, Netlify and Github. Finally, I love that it is a SaaS offering where data backups and DB upgrades are not my problem!

Thee free tier allows me to make two CMS systems. It would be nice if the free tier offered, say, up to five. The first paid for tier feels pricey if all I need was simply that third "not-free" CMS. It would be great if they had a "per CMS" paid tier that allowed a third, fourth, fifth CMS (etc.) at $3.95/month each...or something like that.

Nick
Nick
Email Marketing Specialist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

CMS Contender

Kommentare: Compared to other CMS platforms out there, this one isn't a bad option to have.

If properly set up, it's easy to find and navigate sections and areas of your site you'd like to edit.

You can get lost if you don't know what you're doing.

Ryan
SEO manager in UK
Automotive, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Contentful review

Kommentare: Definitely one of the better CMS I have used.

The platform is pretty self-intuitive and easy for new users to pick up. We have a lot of SEO modules and features in the platform which allow us to perform better in Google search results and our engineers don't seem to have any issues integrating these into the platform.

Can be quite difficult to find certain pages in the platform. The ability to search for pages by filters like URL would be helpful

Brett
Brett
Software Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Robust and intuitive CMS platform

It has a simple user interface and a small learning curve. It provides a powerful open API integration that allows you to connect with any third party application. It makes it easy to configure our content workflow to fit today's needs. The tool also has editing options available for published content and preview of the changes made.

For new users navigating the pages is a bit tricky. It is necessary that they improve the pricing models and adapt them to the needs of the companies.

Brandon
Brandon
Java Software Developer in Neuseeland
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Contentful is useful and wonderful

Kommentare: I'd like to recommand contentful as it is easy to use, and easy to config store data for develop a project.

stable, friendly configuration, data structure is clear, and have api auto configuration

navigation is a little bit tricky, like when duplicate an entity, it lost the original entity's position, so have to go back and track the entity again

Andrew
Andrew
Lead Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

So long, WordPress! Welcome to the future of nimble web development!

Kommentare: The free developer plan is amazing, and overall Contentful has made my life SO MUCH BETTER. I no longer have to worry about updates, databases, or clients breaking their sites.

The UI of Contentful is superb in its own right, but especially when compared to other similar CMS interfaces. Everything is laid out neatly, and it's easy to sort and edit your content. When paired with a static site generator like Gatsby, Contentful is WAY more safe, dependable, and low-maintenance than WordPress (which I'm sad to say, after being a WP dev for years, is a complete mess).

Modeling content can be tricky at first, especially since you can't have differing fields within a content type. But once you understand the general concept of "referencing," it becomes quite easy and even enjoyable to structure nested and/or complex data.

Cesar
Senior Frontend Architect in Portugal
Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Feature rich, dense and mature but watch out for the hidden quirks!

Kommentare: Feature rich, dense and feels mature. Still, the "not so great bits" of Contentful ended up being deal breakers and made us switch to other options on the market.

For editors and copywriters the experience was intuitive enough. All I can recall are some complaints about the asset picker. For developers, I loved that there's a certification exam and a curriculum. https://www.contentful.com/help/contentful-certification/ I did the exam and that helped me structure our projects in a way that reduced development complexity – and by extension, development costs for our clients. Other developers in our company who also took it share the same feeling.

The limits on how many content types you can have on a space. https://www.contentful.com/developers/docs/technical-limits/ Unless you're running the enterprise plan, chances are your team will quickly run out of content types. This makes working with a "component" based approach painful. For instance, if you wish to port an existing design system on a 1:1 mapping and don't have the enterprise plan you'll quickly run out of components. This was the case for one of our projects and it meant the development team had to prioritise which content types were actually critical enough to create – this frustrated both developers and the content team.

Cassidy
Consulting Team Lead in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Contentful will quickly adapt to the needs that you present

Kommentare: With Contentful, even people who aren't web professionals can have a reliable, straightforward, and uncomplicated experience. The ability to work together across teams is greatly enhanced, and content management is made easier for newbies, all without the need for any coding. It can be used in various ways, and there are never any page repetitions. It's equipped to compete with the most excellent content management systems (CMS) and keeps costs down without sacrificing features. It's a breeze to keep tabs on your digital marketing efforts. Contentful's exceptional potential enables web developers to work together to enhance and verify the accuracy of website content. We'll be able to save time and energy because it's all-inclusive.

Contentful's tools are quick and straightforward, and their technical implementation is effective and efficient. Thanks to their assistance, I needed help getting started with the program, and their ongoing support has been excellent. I may quickly and easily preview the progress of any project thanks to their streamlined UI. We've found it helpful in automating high-quality content production across multiple channels.

This excellent software has zero flaws and no drawbacks.

Herbert
Full Stack Developer in Deutschland
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent tool, quality service, and satisfied customers!

Kommentare: Contentful must provide a validated experience that is straightforward and consumer-friendly for all users, including those without any experience in website development. It doesn't necessitate any code. It enables several teams to work together on a single project. Contentful eliminates the need for newcomers to bother about maintaining and personalizing content. It's simple to use and adaptable. Using Contentful, duplicating pages has not been a problem. Think about how you intend to utilize Contentful in the longer run. If you have a team of people functioning on the CMS, the cost and functionalities might be limited.

It was convenient to get a free app. We greatly profited from moving to SaaS and headless after struggling with the operating expenses of Episerver (Optimizely DXP), which was highly costly to update and sustain owing to the PaaS service. In comparison to the WordPress option that I have used, Contentful's free edition is reasonably simple to utilize and extremely sturdy. The overall product is clean and elegant, as well as the learning curve was not too severe. It enables migrating website frameworks to a rather painless procedure.

In several areas, the UI appears to be tailored for coders rather than ordinary/generalist consumers and marketing personnel. For instance, that's not always feasible to see modifications as they would seem to the end customer, so I often have to rely on a feeling of what would look nice in the end. Yet none of these would deter me from adopting Contentful in the future.

Muneeb
Muneeb
Digital Marketing Lead in Kanada
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Contentful CMS is not only easy to learn and use but also easy to scale and maintain

Kommentare: Contentful is a very cost-effective content management tool if you're not planning to add tons of content. It's easy to scale but can be pricy.

I have worked with a number of different CMS platforms but I like Contentful for its ease of use and scalability. It can help you manage large amounts of data with minimal effort. It works great for static websites as well.

There's a fair bit of a learning curve, but benefits outweigh time investment. I'm not a fan of the pricing plans. The lowest tier is very affordable but other options are very expensive.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
VP of Marketing in USA

Content with Contentful

Kommentare: Easy to use, great for the c&$

Easy to use, updates quickly when edited. The CTA flexibility was the best.

The child pages and drop down menu were all intertwined or bootstrapped to Ruby and Heroku so the ability to edit those areas was more difficult

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Contentful - Best CMS

Kommentare: Overall i can say best experience.I can highly recommend this to everyone.

I have used contentful from past 2.8 years and it is the best CMS.We can do content modelling easily as per the project requirement and add the data in the content is also easy.Any one can learn easily.There are localisation also which helps us to do multiple localisation project data entering insertion in one project space.Also we can provide the user roles as per the need.

One thing which i want to highlight is when we want to copy one space to another space the locales should be same than only we can clone the data.So this should be more user friendly as sometimes we cant change the locales if we have started working in some other locale and than want to copy the data from some other space.

Matthew
Principal Investigator in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy To Use But Limited

Kommentare: Overall easy but I’d recommend a Webflow or Wordpress as a more elegant toral solution for content management.

I use Contentful to manage content for our website. Editing text and starting new templates is intuitive. Uploading images is easy. In fact, I learned HTML coding through add and editing Staff bios. Publishing and editing content is also easy although it’s not clear why un-publishing still requires you to delete content from categories/buckets even though the content isn’t live.

The things I like least are the tools that I didn’t know exist. I didn’t know there were collaboration tools and I think image editing is limited. The UX on the platform itself is not good and features are buried.

Benjamin
Web Developer and Designer in Südafrika
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Contentful is an agile 'CMS' and overall easy to work with

Kommentare: I can create a small site without bothering with a traditional CMS and allow the client to access important text copy and the same content could be repurposed for another platform, which is good to know for the future.

I should clarify that I am speaking from the perspective of a developer so I can't vouch for the experiences of a content contributor. As a developer, I really appreciate being pointed in the right direction with their Gatsby starter kit and Netlify. This has been a great intro into the trend of static react based sites and I love it so far. I will try to stay focused on Contentful though. As someone very familiar with the traditional LAMP stack CMS world, I appreciate that they try to keep CMS best practices and dispense with the countless technical issues plaguing the old school approach. I have only used it for a small site though, but I am psyched to try it out with a larger project to really use it to its best potential.

I was going to say that it is totally painless, but there are some adaptation pains involved. If, like me, you just jump right in with a Gatsby Starter Kit, you may do some newbie things here and there. But I never really got stuck or blocked, and always learned when going back to improve something. Like I said, I haven't dug deep enough to have had a real issue. The worst negative could be that there are some cross sale situations where you may feel obliged to purchase a plugin to work with your content. I don't know if I can really fault a business on this though. Depending on your dev skills, you can always figure out a way to get your Contentful content to work without necessarily buying a shortcut from a third party.

Technical Architect in USA
Design, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

The best option for a headless CMS

It is truly cloud-first for a headless approach. You can build your content model and control your input with easy validation (min/max/regex) and even dependencies on other models. It is truly headless and integration with node, react, asp.net, and php have all been relatively easy. Node was definitely the easiest integration.

I would have said migration between environments, but they recently released a solution for that. I haven't verified it but I'm excited about it. I think the other thing is dealing with deleted fields, it makes it a bit challenging that you have to remove it from view and then delete it to make sure it won't break the existing model. I also get frustrated when I make an existing field that is required and there is no notification that the content doesn't match the new criteria.

Yann
Yann
Translator in Frankreich
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig

Interesting content management platform

Kommentare: I work with a team of translators in many different languages, and we are often required to update sections or paragraphs of different articles we wrote previously. We've started to use Contentful in the beginning of this year and it showed really useful with regard to this matter.

Contentful comes really handy when you need to edit portions or paragraphs in your website. Besides, it supports a wide array of languages, which is a big plus when working with a multilingual team.

The full website is managed through Contentful, which means a lot of different pages and content listed, and at times it can get confusing retrieving a page or even a paragraph you are looking for.

Jashar
IT Engineer in Nordmazedonien
Internet, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to implement and powerful tool to manage content.

Kommentare: Little training for the team to get running. Easy adding any media. Love the ability of customizing modules.

Was very easy to implement and adapt to our workflow. Enables our team to work more efficiently and easily suited to our custom workflow. Very flexible tool when creating and managing content models. Easy to set up editorial workflows and a lot of helpful documentations how to do that. Love the design.

All good so far with the performance of the tool.

Ash
Product Manager in Niederlande
Museen & Institutionen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Taken a load off our team

Kommentare: We switched to Contentful as a way of consolidating our CMS from three to one. Development is currently ongoing, but I am over the moon with how effective it has been for us to work with Contentful. We're planning a significant relaunch of our product later this year with all curated experiences powered by Contentful.

The ability to flexibly model content according to what our output needs are, rather than being constrained by a pre-defined model. The ease of adding translations. The customer service we have received.

Only that the way that the pages are represented could be a little more visual when relating elements together. But it's a very minor thing.

Rachael
Marketing Generalist in Deutschland
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Impossible to get information from the 'expert's' (not at all experts) and the 'sales team'

Kommentare: Frustrating, being treated like an imbecile with over simplified explanations of content types which still don't answer the question

It is impossible to get a straight answer before even trying this platform. The 'expert' who was supposed to contact me back couldn't answer simple questions over the phone about costs for my needs, and was completely non-technical. Then they spam you will calls and emails and still absolutely no concrete information about the features and costs. WHAT THE HELL IS A CONTENT TYPE? is it each image you upload? is it every form field on a simple contact form no mater how many times it's re-used? They give you 24 content types for 39/month and then 48 for over 800/month !!!! WTH.. for a 15 person small business, no-one is going to pay over 800/month for their company website!! I gave up trying to get a straight answer out of them, and am looking elsewhere for a dual-language advanced website solution .

Terrible support. I notice also that they don't offer phone support, only email. I can only imagine how frustrating they would be in action if they're this hard to get information out of before purchase.

Courtney
Courtney
Content Producer in USA
Versicherung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

CMS solution that lets you publish content simply and easily

Contentful is a content management system solution which has a great API focus and allows us to develop our own data relationships and data structure. It provides us complete flexibility within projects and gives us the capacity to distribute to different types of platforms with less hassle. The user interface is straightforward and really simplifies the process for our backend system.

When used in Firefox browser, there are some occasional glitches. However, it works perfectly well in Chrome and Safari, so it’s not really a big problem. When I contacted support, they reviewed and tested it but they said it might just be a plugin issue.

Jean-Hugues
Jean-Hugues
Founder in Frankreich
Computer-Vernetzung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Contentful...

Kommentare: WYSIWYG interface is ok, but nothing crazy. Uploading images is a real pain and can only be done effectively (seo) by adding images one by one. How and when content appears when published is still a mystery to us. Technical limitations not mentioned, poor support.

Support says it all: "we only commit to offering community support in your current subscription plan". Even when you find-out your plan does not work. Check this post if you want to know more: http://bit.ly/2dWl5by