Filtern nach:

Über Contentful

Die API-betriebene Inhalt-Management-Plattform, dank der Du Inhalte ganz einfach auf verschiedenen Plattformen verwalten kannst.

Erfahre mehr über Contentful

Brandon Z.
Brandon Z.
Java Software Developer in Neuseeland
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Contentful is useful and wonderful

Kommentare: I'd like to recommand contentful as it is easy to use, and easy to config store data for develop a project.

stable, friendly configuration, data structure is clear, and have api auto configuration

navigation is a little bit tricky, like when duplicate an entity, it lost the original entity's position, so have to go back and track the entity again

Ali K.
Ali K.
Information Technology Adviser in Aserbaidschan

Enterprise website management platform for organization’s with lot of data

Kommentare: In the few years that we have been working with various CMSs, Contentful has been very successful and one of the safest and most well-designed decisions is being made for your organization. They are both safe and have a great status.

I like Single Sign-On for easy and secure access of team members, It is also a great platform when you’ve got a lot of content and data for your organization and need a professional platform for categorizing your data in the shortest time. GraphsQL is great, and at last, Contentful is user-friendly and easy to understand for newbies.

Because a team is working on a project in a short amount of time and maybe working two or three shifts to edit the content of several people, a more professional and secure log is needed to record all events in detail.

Chief Marketing Officer & Co-Founder UK in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Very inflexible when it comes to styling changes, use only if you have plenty of engineers

It is impossible for users to create elements that are totally out of line with the corporate design. Contentful also loads faster than many other CMS.

There isn't much I like about Contentful. It is impossible to copy entire pages without a lot of effort, which makes it very time-consuming to create new pages. While you can re-use existing elements, the problem is that if you change them, they are changed everywhere, and there is no way to just copy an element in order to use it as a new element (i.e., changes you make to it don't affect the element you copied). As others have mentioned before, it sometimes takes a quarter of an hour for changes you made to appear on the preview pages, which is just painful (Wordpress is pretty much instant). But by far the biggest pain is that there is no way for the user to simply access the CSS. We have to go back to our engineering team for every little tweak we want, even if it is just the padding of an element or the alignment of a certain style of text. Another issue I have is that it is hard to figure out where on a new page you are while you are editing it. Unlike Wordpress, where you can see the overall structure of your page elements clearly on an overview page, you can only see the rows of the page on the overview in Contentful - you have no idea what the structure inside each row looks like until you click on it. That means you're getting disorientated quite quickly as to where you need to click to edit element X of the page. Overall, I find Contentful terrible to use. It has a few benefits, but at least from a content management user experience those don't outweigh the significant downsides at all.

Brent A.
Chief Architect in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

An Excellent CMS

Kommentare: Overall I find it a delight to work with. Highly recommended.

I love all the following: the Infrastructure as Code that allows me to define my models through software, the SDK that allows me to load or update content via automation, the apps that allow webhook integrations such as with Gatsby, Netlify and Github. Finally, I love that it is a SaaS offering where data backups and DB upgrades are not my problem!

Thee free tier allows me to make two CMS systems. It would be nice if the free tier offered, say, up to five. The first paid for tier feels pricey if all I need was simply that third "not-free" CMS. It would be great if they had a "per CMS" paid tier that allowed a third, fourth, fifth CMS (etc.) at $3.95/month each...or something like that.

Nick W.
Nick W.
Email Marketing Specialist in USA

CMS Contender

Kommentare: Compared to other CMS platforms out there, this one isn't a bad option to have.

If properly set up, it's easy to find and navigate sections and areas of your site you'd like to edit.

You can get lost if you don't know what you're doing.

Contentful review in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Contentful - Best CMS

Kommentare: Overall i can say best experience.I can highly recommend this to everyone.

I have used contentful from past 2.8 years and it is the best CMS.We can do content modelling easily as per the project requirement and add the data in the content is also easy.Any one can learn easily.There are localisation also which helps us to do multiple localisation project data entering insertion in one project space.Also we can provide the user roles as per the need.

One thing which i want to highlight is when we want to copy one space to another space the locales should be same than only we can clone the data.So this should be more user friendly as sometimes we cant change the locales if we have started working in some other locale and than want to copy the data from some other space.

Andrew F.
Andrew F.
Lead Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

So long, WordPress! Welcome to the future of nimble web development!

Kommentare: The free developer plan is amazing, and overall Contentful has made my life SO MUCH BETTER. I no longer have to worry about updates, databases, or clients breaking their sites.

The UI of Contentful is superb in its own right, but especially when compared to other similar CMS interfaces. Everything is laid out neatly, and it's easy to sort and edit your content. When paired with a static site generator like Gatsby, Contentful is WAY more safe, dependable, and low-maintenance than WordPress (which I'm sad to say, after being a WP dev for years, is a complete mess).

Modeling content can be tricky at first, especially since you can't have differing fields within a content type. But once you understand the general concept of "referencing," it becomes quite easy and even enjoyable to structure nested and/or complex data.

Mohamd E.
Mohamd E.
Mohamed in Marokko
Design, Selbstständig

All about Contentful

Kommentare: I like to recommend you to use Contentful, because it is user friendly, and more professional in developing your projects.

The user interface of Contentful is great in comparison to the other sites. The user interface is easy to use. It is very easy to locate content. Best API capabilities.

I'm really satisfied with Contentful, but the interface can be improved to the best.

Jj F.
Jj F.
Creative Designer in USA
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great for developers, great for non-developers

I love the ability to completely customize the content types so that the editors are only able to edit exactly what you allow them to.

I would love more customizable paid plans. Since I use JAMStack static site generation I don't need a ton of API calls per month, however I would love to add users, locales and per-user permissions.

Jan P.
Jan P.
Internet
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten
Quelle: GetApp

Content Management done right.

Kommentare: After deciding to integrate an offline experience to our mobile shopping app Cash to Code I started looking at syncing solutions for mobile. Shouldn't be too hard to find something, many apps have to have this problem - or so I thought. Well, not that easy as it turned out. What was out there at that time was unfinished, limited or just broken. By accident I found Contentful and their API focused CMS. Now some months later we are live in the app stores and I couldn't be happier how it all turned out. Yes, back then we couldn't just drop in a SDK an get all the sync functionality out of the box (I hear this is different now), but we just wrote it ourselves based on the great API documentation and the sync endpoint. We use the API to create our content on Contentful directly from our backend system, then it just gets synced to all the clients out there.

API. Sync endpoint. People.

Benjamin M.
Web Developer and Designer in Südafrika
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Contentful is an agile 'CMS' and overall easy to work with

Kommentare: I can create a small site without bothering with a traditional CMS and allow the client to access important text copy and the same content could be repurposed for another platform, which is good to know for the future.

I should clarify that I am speaking from the perspective of a developer so I can't vouch for the experiences of a content contributor. As a developer, I really appreciate being pointed in the right direction with their Gatsby starter kit and Netlify. This has been a great intro into the trend of static react based sites and I love it so far. I will try to stay focused on Contentful though. As someone very familiar with the traditional LAMP stack CMS world, I appreciate that they try to keep CMS best practices and dispense with the countless technical issues plaguing the old school approach. I have only used it for a small site though, but I am psyched to try it out with a larger project to really use it to its best potential.

I was going to say that it is totally painless, but there are some adaptation pains involved. If, like me, you just jump right in with a Gatsby Starter Kit, you may do some newbie things here and there. But I never really got stuck or blocked, and always learned when going back to improve something. Like I said, I haven't dug deep enough to have had a real issue. The worst negative could be that there are some cross sale situations where you may feel obliged to purchase a plugin to work with your content. I don't know if I can really fault a business on this though. Depending on your dev skills, you can always figure out a way to get your Contentful content to work without necessarily buying a shortcut from a third party.

John M.
John M.
Technical Architect in USA
Design, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The best option for a headless CMS

It is truly cloud-first for a headless approach. You can build your content model and control your input with easy validation (min/max/regex) and even dependencies on other models. It is truly headless and integration with node, react, asp.net, and php have all been relatively easy. Node was definitely the easiest integration.

I would have said migration between environments, but they recently released a solution for that. I haven't verified it but I'm excited about it. I think the other thing is dealing with deleted fields, it makes it a bit challenging that you have to remove it from view and then delete it to make sure it won't break the existing model. I also get frustrated when I make an existing field that is required and there is no notification that the content doesn't match the new criteria.

Yann T.
Yann T.
Translator in Frankreich
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig

Interesting content management platform

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I work with a team of translators in many different languages, and we are often required to update sections or paragraphs of different articles we wrote previously. We've started to use Contentful in the beginning of this year and it showed really useful with regard to this matter.

Contentful comes really handy when you need to edit portions or paragraphs in your website. Besides, it supports a wide array of languages, which is a big plus when working with a multilingual team.

The full website is managed through Contentful, which means a lot of different pages and content listed, and at times it can get confusing retrieving a page or even a paragraph you are looking for.

Jashar A.
IT Engineer in Nordmazedonien
Internet, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to implement and powerful tool to manage content.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Little training for the team to get running. Easy adding any media. Love the ability of customizing modules.

Was very easy to implement and adapt to our workflow. Enables our team to work more efficiently and easily suited to our custom workflow. Very flexible tool when creating and managing content models. Easy to set up editorial workflows and a lot of helpful documentations how to do that. Love the design.

All good so far with the performance of the tool.

Ash M.
Product Manager in Niederlande
Museen & Institutionen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Taken a load off our team

Kommentare: We switched to Contentful as a way of consolidating our CMS from three to one. Development is currently ongoing, but I am over the moon with how effective it has been for us to work with Contentful. We're planning a significant relaunch of our product later this year with all curated experiences powered by Contentful.

The ability to flexibly model content according to what our output needs are, rather than being constrained by a pre-defined model. The ease of adding translations. The customer service we have received.

Only that the way that the pages are represented could be a little more visual when relating elements together. But it's a very minor thing.

Courtney H.
Courtney H.
Content Producer in USA
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

CMS solution that lets you publish content simply and easily

Contentful is a content management system solution which has a great API focus and allows us to develop our own data relationships and data structure. It provides us complete flexibility within projects and gives us the capacity to distribute to different types of platforms with less hassle. The user interface is straightforward and really simplifies the process for our backend system.

When used in Firefox browser, there are some occasional glitches. However, it works perfectly well in Chrome and Safari, so it’s not really a big problem. When I contacted support, they reviewed and tested it but they said it might just be a plugin issue.

Head of Strategy & Strategic Planning in Niederlande
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Takes some time to get working with it

Kommentare: We use Contentful to manage content on more than 10 websites in multiple languages.

The layout is clean. It helps us managing content in many different languages in one place.

It took me quite some time to figure out how Contentful works with all kind of layers in translations, products, pages and attributes. Sometimes you lose track of where you are in all those layers. Another thing is that it sometimes takes a long time for updates to go through the publishing queue. Especially when more people are working on it at the same time.

Andy B.
Chief Technology Officer in Neuseeland

Good for scalability, advanced validation would be a great next feature.

Kommentare: Easily got content libraries up and running, good API for pulling content into other platforms. Customisation doesn't feel the easiest and advanced validation would be good to be built in. We have been able to scale as we add additional partners easily.

Easy API Integration, good search and filter with customisable columns, comments from other users, different content models rollback and version ability.

Custom Validation didn't allow us to cross compare fields, different user levels is only available on higher plans.

Kevin C.
Business Operations in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

A great CMS

Kommentare: Overall, Contenful is a great content management system that's easy to use, secure, and scalable.

- Contentful is exceptionally easy to use for engineers and non-engineers alike. - Contenful is a headless CMS, which comes with endless benefits.

Previewing content prior to publication is limited. It's also less flexible for the non-engineer than other Content Management Systems (though this is probably a good thing).

Delivery Manager in USA

Be Contentful

4 vor 4 Tagen Neu

Ease of use and seamless integration allows users to navigate the interface without much training.

Make sure you have a solid wifi connection to ensure quick load times, it can lag sometimes.

Rachael P.
Marketing Generalist in Deutschland

Impossible to get information from the 'expert's' (not at all experts) and the 'sales team'

2 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Frustrating, being treated like an imbecile with over simplified explanations of content types which still don't answer the question

It is impossible to get a straight answer before even trying this platform. The 'expert' who was supposed to contact me back couldn't answer simple questions over the phone about costs for my needs, and was completely non-technical. Then they spam you will calls and emails and still absolutely no concrete information about the features and costs. WHAT THE HELL IS A CONTENT TYPE? is it each image you upload? is it every form field on a simple contact form no mater how many times it's re-used? They give you 24 content types for 39/month and then 48 for over 800/month !!!! WTH.. for a 15 person small business, no-one is going to pay over 800/month for their company website!! I gave up trying to get a straight answer out of them, and am looking elsewhere for a dual-language advanced website solution .

Terrible support. I notice also that they don't offer phone support, only email. I can only imagine how frustrating they would be in action if they're this hard to get information out of before purchase.

Directeur in Frankreich

I've used Contentful to develop the project of a corporate website.

Kommentare: A fast, rich and 100% reliable development experience.

Contentful offers number of useful features and it's incredibly smart and simple to use. I also appreciated the great discussion I had with one of Contentful main programmer on Github : it helped me to go way beyond my expectations for a CMS.

There could be one more step in pricing for small projects like the one I often deal with. I can't really find any reproach.

Ben B.
Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Make new pages for your custom front end, without being a developer

Kommentare: Content makes me feel like a web developer without knowing how to code.

First, let me say I am not a web developer. With that said, Contentful makes me feel like one, as it allows me to create new pages for my company website easily, without infringing our standardized UI and UX. The biggest benefit of Contentful for my team is that it has allowed our web developer to focus on larger initiatives, while handing the power to create high-quality, visually-appealing web pages. He created the parameters, effects, buttons, etc inside Contentful, and now it's a sandbox my team can use to create new pages without bugging him. This saves a tremendous amount of time, and multiplies our effectiveness as a team. If we need a new landing page for an event, we can do that all on our own.

The only negative I can think about with Contentful is the learning curve for the team. Because it is a sandbox type environment, it may take a few meetings for everyone to get on the same page with what can and cannot be done. That said, it makes our lives so much easier now that we have it.

David K.
Legal Content Developper in Kanada
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Incredible content management system

Contentful is a fantastic tool for writing and managing content. It makes it easy to edit content dynamically. We used it to populate copy and graphics for a Facebook-based chatbot. The interface is intuitive and quick. 5 stars!

Nothing. It's tremendous. Takes a bit of time to learn how it works (like any new software).

Ketan M.
Design Consultant in Australien

Contentful is so easy to use and integrate. I had my website up and running in no time!

The ease of use and functionality, paired with a great user interface. The fact you can create your own data structure and data relationships is so useful and enables complete flexibility within projects.

That it hasn't got anything that really annoys me :-) But, it could do with a better dashboard or something rather than the current "Space home" page.