Escapia is a powerful professional tool to help you run your businss

Bewertet am 11.7.2018
Cathy L.

Kommentare: A powerful tool for the complete needs of a vacation rental management company, from providing guest quotes, customizing guest arrival experience, to managing accounts.

Vorteile: The accounting side of this software is strong and a knowledgeable user has powerful tools. Owner statements are transparent and clearly structured. Correspondence is attractive and easy to customize. The various tools available for setting rates/manipulating rates are easy to use. The reservation grid is easy to understand, and the filters and quotes make the reservationists' work easier and more consistent. Integration with Glad Hospitality helps provide a good guest experience without much effort (once the initial setup is complete). The reports are informative and useful. Bank reconciliation tool is an absolute essential. Having used Escapia and other VRM software while working for other companies, when I started my own company, I knew the only software I wanted to use was Escapia.

Nachteile: Features for automated or scheduled correspondence are weak. There is no "notes" area associated with owners for keeping a record of requests, authorizations, etc. Because it is a powerful system, to develop the skills necessary to fully take advantage of its many useful features means you need to invest some time and effort. That is not really a "con" to me. If you have a good tool, you want to learn to take full advantage of it. However, for a new user, it could seem a little scary. But we found that it's not terribly difficult to learn what you need to learn in order to successfully take advantage of the system as a basic user, and that if you want to stop there, you can and you'll still have a good system. It's worth putting in the work, though, to become a skilled user to take advantage of the full capabilities of the system.

Best Overall Management Software

Bewertet am 27.6.2017
Hayley P.
Vacation Planner
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It makes the ease of making reservation easy for our staff overall and the guests have less wait time on the phone while making a reservation. The ease of adjusting rents and creating rate rules allows for more revenue at the end of each year without any mistakes.

Vorteile: So many great things to say it is hard to know where to start. It is so easy to keep track of what is being completed where and by who. Always time stamps with names on holds, reservations, payments, refunds as well as email correspondence. The visual calendar is another added bonus because it gives a great overall picture of each home and dates that are and are not available so filing spots is very easy. The quick quote feature is fabulous as you can pick a home in the drop down menu and apply any filter and discounts that you already have up to any home easily. Web based is a very huge bonus because you are able to view any information on any device no matter where you are. The software also links up to many other sites so linking and sharing homes and rates is as easy as clicking a button and everything feeds right over. The quick search button at the top makes it very easy to find reservations that are valid or cancelled without having to use many steps.

Nachteile: When adding some new charges they can be hard to track if you are not 100% sure which report that you should be running to find them. Processing revenue can be difficult at some times when guests are in house and reservations crossover between months. This is mostly because if you need to adjust a reservation and revenue has already been processed it can cause some errors with commissions. Just have to be extra aware of what you are doing to not make any mistakes.

Absolutely Over the Top Pleased with Escapia by HomeAway!

Bewertet am 20.10.2014
Joy M.
Director of Operations & Marketing

Kommentare: I made the decision that Escapia would suit our needs best (in Feb of 2014).The integration is very detailed, but I knew what the end goal was when I had researched Escapia. One determining factor in going with Escapia, was the fact that HomeAway was so active and aggressive in this industry. It only made sense to partner with the Giant and take advantage of all the opportunities it would offer my company. The things that I consider absolute PROS: They have automated all the tedious/time consuming processes such as rate building & yield management that I would spend days and hours on with our old software & now I do in about 30 minutes. I have the option of building my own rules & rate tiers, depending on our need to maximize occupancy & revenue. After my initial rules are built, I do not have to go in and spend 2 hours a day to make sure this is done..Escapia made it simple & it DOES the work for me. My saved time = revenue saved and made because I can now focus on new projects to produce new revenue streams. Escapia also has so many opportunities to partner with multiple booking sites, that I have "new eyes" looking and finding my company every hour of every day. For our marketing platform, I struggle with tracking and integrating between the time we developed a concept ->to putting it on our sites -> to launching the promotion(via any platform) ->to analytics->to eCommerce->to complete tracking. With our old software, it took sometimes a week to set all of that up from start to finish. With Escapia, I do it all at once, Again, so many saved hours and best of all ACCURATE Tracking and Conversion Reports & a websites that do what they are supposed to do: WORK. They have support that answer and listen to the issue and most of the time walk you thru it and find the problem immediately and "teach" you how to address and fix it. That is worth the integration itself. You have to do the work on the front end but after that it is pretty painless & we have more than made back the cost of the software in saved time, revenue, happy guests, our favorite: HAPPY OWNERS. The owner access is simple, easy & our owners are more than pleased with this aspect of Escapia & they have noticed the new and maximized exposure Escapia gives us. I can say without hesitation, I made THE BEST choice for our company and could not be more pleased and my expectations have been blown away by Escapia and what it gives me.

Best software out there for Property Managers

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Suzanne T.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: WE are very proud to be a part of the Escapia partnership with their software we have experienced tremendous growth year over year. By providing an excellent product we can spend more time on the things that matter.

Vorteile: Throughout the years our staff has worked with Barefoot, Property Plus and Property Boss. Escapia by far is the best choice for us. We like the grid view and the ease of reporting as well as the high level of support given by the customer service staff and account relations. If you advertise on HomeAway websites like VRBO the integration is seamless and easy. Great group of innovative individuals who are constantly trying to improve the software and stay ahead of the competitors

Nachteile: Sometimes there are a few too many steps to get things done, but when you provide feedback to the support staff they will work to improve things. We really feel like partners with with Escapia team.

Love Escapia, excited for their new software

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Guest Relations Manager
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have loved my experience with Escapia and VRBO! They have wonderful customer service and this software is very easy to use.

Vorteile: I have so many great things to say about Escapia. My number one is customer support. If you can't figure something out immediately, give them a call and it will be fixed within minutes. We manage 70 vacation rental properties and use Escapia for pictures, descriptions, rates, everything! We recently attended one of their meetings where they announced they will be launching a new, more updated Escapia to combine their other softwares as well. I am very excited!

Nachteile: Sometimes it will go out for a while, but they do always have it back up and running in a timely manner. There's nothing to say I like the least because they are always willing to fix anything.

Great product, full of features

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Michael V.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great customer service. Very robust feature list. I couldn't possibly manage our rental list without a strong piece of software like Escapia.

Vorteile: Escapia really is a full-service solution. Reservations, housekeeping, trust accounting...it's all in there and works together. I looked at several options before choosing Escapia and none of the others offered as complete a system. Also, they have amazing customer service. Tech support is great. They respond quickly and are very knowledgable.

Nachteile: The biggest complaint I have isn't about Escapia, but about HomeAway. When HomeAway switched to secure messaging, it made it more difficult to deal with inquiries in Escapia. Also, there are of course some minor changes I'd like them to make to Escapia, but they are constantly improving it.

We've built our whole company using Escapia. The sales and tech support teams are incredible.

Bewertet am 2.11.2017
Gary T.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use. Good owner statement and reporting features. Grid based inventory. Support questions are immediately addressed.

Nachteile: We need the ability to send correspondence from multiple email addresses. There should be a separate email address drop down menu box for each office, or for each unit somewhere in the set up. It's an odd feature to be missing, because everything else about every unit and office is customizable (the correspondence documents, the booking modules, the rate plans and the unit setup. It would be so great if each unit could be assigned to a "send from" email address so that confirmations and statements came from that email, or from the reservations agent in charge of managing that property.

Perfect for vacation rental management companies small to large!

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Alexandra M.
Director of Operations
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Escapia or V12 at several companies for more than 8 years and I think once you learn the basics, it is very easy to become a master user, and I keep finding new features and reports that are really helpful!

Vorteile: The 3 best features of Escapia are 1. they are always updating and adding new features to be current with trends and needs of property manager. 2. They have absolutely the best support team of any software I have used to date. 3. The seamless integration with VRBO/HomeAway is unmatched with any other program!

Nachteile: The upfront cost is steep especially given how many other web based programs charge per unit and not a huge upfront commitment. And the aesthetic of the site to me, is not very appealing and seems out of date.

Escapia is by far the best software I have ever used!!

Karrie L.
General Manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have nothing but positive things to say about Escapia software. It is the best!! They are constantly making it better by doing upgrades and adding features to an already great platform! This software has great functionality and is easy to use. It integrates with our website so our guests can see live availability calendars. The automatic payment processing along with some many other features are huge time savers. The customer support is phananominal! I always get a live person who is knowledgeable and can quickly help me solve what ever challenge I am having! They always follow-up to make sure everything is working correctly and to be sure the resolution is working. I highly recommend Escapia! You will be happy you converted to it! I know we are!!

Vorteile: Easy of use and Customer Support

Nachteile: I can'tell think of anything I don't like.

Great integrative tool for property managers, it has allowed me to professionalize business systems.

Bewertet am 3.4.2018
Pamela S.

Kommentare: All business information in one place.

Vorteile: There is a lot to learn at first and there was good training classes. Most beneficial is knowing there is customer support to support you with any issues and you can get that support right away. They are also helpful in customizing to meet our needs. It also becomes intuitive as time goes on. I love how it's integrated with HA/VRBO and Glad as well as other network partners, it makes my life easier.

Nachteile: Some limitations within correspondence templates. I wish there were ways to make the templates more professional, there are a lot of moving pieces within templates and I haven't found out how to lock in a template design.

Easy, efficient, and well worth the investment. We have been on for over 4 years now!

Bewertet am 27.2.2018
Brittany G.
Manager of Operations

Vorteile: Easy to use, constant updates with details/advanced notice and how-tos, many....MANY reports from which to choose. Great marketing API feeds for listing sites/software to help you succeed in the vacation rental space, color-coded reservation grid for easy filtering and tracking.

Nachteile: The ability for Homeaway/VRBO brand to match back reservations on source - I pay for a secure software. The last thing I want is my data being stored, shared, and who knows what else by marketing platforms. While the reports are fantastic, sometimes it'd be nice to have the ability to make your own report that didn't cost an arm and a leg for information that's already in the system.

A Big Complicated Software.

Bewertet am 5.1.2017
Bethany S.

Kommentare: Escape has a lot of features, and potentially a lot of power, but it's so complicated that it's easy to miss a step and mess something up badly. Almost nothing about the software is user-friendly or intuitive, everything is convoluted and complicated, and requires many steps and a lot of double-checking. This also applies to EscapiaNET, which is also not as straightforward as one would hope since property information shows up differently on different platforms. I would count this one of the most useful features of Escapia. We have enjoyed being able to integrate with Glad To Have You and use that for guest communication and contracts, and we also push our properties out to other platforms. EscapiaNET is not without flaws and we have had issues even integrating with VRBO (which is also owned by HomeAway so you would think that would be easy), mostly because of the number of complicated, easy-to-forget steps to make sure everything is perfect in Escape. However, to be fair, I don't know if integration through any other property management software would provide better integration. As it does seem like a very challenging thing to do well.

Vorteile: Escape customer support has done a good job troubleshooting and explaining how things work when I contact them. There are also lots of training resources, self-help articles, explanatory videos, etc, available. I have also heard that the Escape accounting features are useful and thorough. I have not had any experience with the accounting side of Escapia.

Nachteile: One of the things that have been most frustrating about Escapia is the Owner web feature, which is supposed to provide an owner portal where our property owners can log in and see property details, upcoming reservations, owner documents, etc. Owner web itself is pretty limited, which is fine if that's what you want. One problem is that as of now owners cannot reset their password, and so they always have to contact us if they forget it so that we can change it for them. Another challenge has been that many of our owners own more than one property and that for accounting purposes each of these units has to be set up with different owners. That means that when one of those owners logs into the owner portal they can only see one of their properties unless they set up separate logins for each property, which includes separate email addresses. But then those email addresses will automatically be where their owner statements are sent, so if they want all the owner's statements to go to one email, they will have to forward them. We do not want to make our owners jump through hoops like this. We want their experience to be as simple and streamlined as possible. Escapia also lacks some features (such as automated emails, simpler reports, better filters for sending a guest communication, and the ability to add attachments to that communication) that would make the software more functional. I have also heard from our maintenance and housekeeping teams that Escapia is challenging for them to understand and use as they would like to. Basically, we've ended up using other software and strategies to fill in the gaps and give us the features we want, which is a little disappointing considering the seeming hugeness and complexity of Escapia.

von HomeAway Software an 14.3.2017

Hi Bethany,
We apologize for the delay in response. We are continuously working on new features and enhancements and your Client Solutions Manager will be happy to share those with you. Please contact us at HomeAwaySoftware@homeaway.com and use the title of ¿Related to Capterra¿ if you would like. It sounds like you already take advantage of our training, support, and other resources, but we would love to show you what other tools we have that might be helpful for you and your team.
HomeAway Software

Escapia Keeps Getting Better

Shawn S.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Escapia/HomeAway team has a great group of individuals that I believe truly care for the future and well being of our company as well as other property management companies. Escapia offers a great training program for new employees as well as ongoing support and training for existing users. Every facet of the software is being constantly improved. Reservationists enjoy the grid's flexibility and functionality. Housekeepers love the Housekeeping dashboard. The use of automatic payments and contracts have been gamechangers in saving time and improving efficiency. Overall, I'm not sure if you will find a better rental management software and team behind it for the money. We love it.

Vorteile: Yield managment, training, uservoice, automatic payments

Nachteile: Still think there's room for improvement on the service order side.

Great investment for this small vacation rental company.

Bewertet am 19.12.2017
Melissa S.
Adminsistrative

Kommentare: Increased online exposure

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and has met the needs of our small rental office. We enjoy the self paced online tutorials for training new staff members. We are glad they have streamlined the Glad to Have you product directly into Escapia. They are always working to make the program better & more efficient.

Nachteile: These are very few but are mainly with the support staff. Recently called in and received 3 different answers on how to fix an accounting issue. When it comes to more complex accounting issues, a possible suggestion would be to send callers to more experienced staff verses having them speak to the "new" person.

Great Software

Hayley P.
Vacation Planner
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Like the new features that are constantly being added to the software, constantly making each function more efficient. Another great things is that it directly feeds into other 3rd party websites so rates are photos are always up to date. The visual planner is perfect for managing many homes all at once with a quick scroll. I definitely recommend Escapia if you are looking for a user friendly easy to use software.

Vorteile: It is very secure with passwords needing to be changed often and security questions. The new automatic payments tool is a great feature. Very user friendly and make it easy to navigate. Great for managing many homes and never having a double book problem.

Nachteile: Having to custom build some reports to be run

Rental Software that allows me to grow my business

Karen B.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been in the vacation rental industry for over 15 years and have been using Escapia for the last four years. A few of the reasons I am pleased with Escapia are: it is cloud based, extremely user friendly, integrates well with 3rd party channels, has built in auto responder to inquiries & auto sign contract capability, has great maintenance and housekeeping portals, and most importantly fantastic support. Another huge item to me is Escapia continually develops new ways to not only improve the product, but it truly focuses on ways their product can help my business grow. Hands down, best rental software I have ever used!

Vorteile: Ease of use, housekeeping and maintenance portals

Nachteile: A few minor glitches occasionally, but they are always on top of it!

Vacation Management Made Easy!

Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Crystal M.

Vorteile: This software makes it super easy to manage properties from adding them onto a program to renting the units on a weekly basis. It is very user friendly once you have everything set up. It puts the reservation process, owner management, and accounting into one system to make it easy to manage.

Nachteile: The training was my least favorite thing about Escapia. It was difficult to get everything set up and going and learning how to manage everything, but the trainers worked with us for hours on the phone to get everything set up correctly. The support staff was always willing to assist.

If we leave Escapia, I quit.

Bewertet am 9.11.2016
Emily V.
Director of Communications
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software is incredible. Support is a-ma-zing. Our Client Solutions Manager is possibly the most responsive person I've met in my whole life. Hands-down, my favorite thing about Escapia is that THEY are never satisfied with where they are. Any question I have or suggestion for improving functionality is taken seriously. I have never worked with any software (in this industry or any other) that is so in tune to what their clients want. I've told our business owner, "If we change software, I quit."

Vorteile: Escapia is never happy with the status quo. They listen to clients and make sure the software grows with our needs.

Nachteile: Check in! It's not functional. We go off-book and use a Google Spreadsheet. It has a long way to go.

Great support & value. Could update some functionalities

Bewertet am 10.11.2016
Thomas L.
General Manager
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The flat rate per property is very fair and much cheaper than other PM softwares that charge a percentage per booking (LiveRez). The system is relatively easy to use but could really benefit users and increase efficiency if they updated some functionalities such as custom filtering for reports (rather than having a set amount of pre-made reports and switching the photo function to drag placement ordering rather than drop-down box number ordering. Escapia is very receptive to new ideas which you can submit through User voice. Their support staff is exceptional.

Vorteile: Lots of functionalities and seamless integration with crucial partner sites such as homeaway, vrbo, GTHY and point central

Nachteile: some parts of it could use updating

I’m not liking the changes Homeaway has made

Bewertet am 1.3.2019
Gail C.
Rental Manager
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have a good account manager that helps me through the changes they make, and that has made my decision to continue to list with them easier. They used to be a lot more “ vacation manager friendly”. I prefer to stay with the subscription model vs the PP, and feel like since they changed I haven’t been getting as good of booking results.

Vorteile: The reach that Homeaway /Escapia has is undeniably huge. I like that they have established a bridge or portal with my software company, so I only have to enter the listing info once.

Nachteile: I really dislike the way they have changed their business platform from a marketing platform to a booking platform.

Great software that provides efficient property management

Bewertet am 5.10.2017
VP of Business Operations

Kommentare: they are well integrated within the hospitality industry and have multiple software options for smaller companies.

Vorteile: I like the features that it provides and the customer support (rep) that we receive. I like the maintenance app, the housekeeping dashboard, new owner portal, online university and dynamic pricing model that is in process (beta currently).

Nachteile: At our size, some of the more customizable items that we want are not able to be created. the housekeeping app (shared with maintenance), is not as user friendly as the dashboard, however, the dashboard can be accessed online via a website.

The Tool That Let Our Business Grow

Bewertet am 12.11.2018
Paula S.
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is always uncomfortable to change software but once you go through process it is very rewarding. The biggest hurdle is getting all the info transferred and entered. We took our time and did not try to rush the process and this made it easier on everyone the day we went live.

Vorteile: We needed a software that would not only book all our reservations but integrate with our accounting. This has been the biggest asset. It does not let anything fall through the cracks.

Nachteile: Rates are the biggest issue that we have found difficult but support has always been there to assist us.

Support is great but some changes to program seem rushed and not thought out well.

Bewertet am 4.10.2017
Brian B.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Escapia is a great retail rental reservation and property management software for vacation rental property managers. The system is always online and support is excellent. The industry is evolving quickly and Escapia tries to stay current.

Vorteile: The reservations section is very good, distribution partners, and support is great to communicate with. Trust the software and never reporting for reservations.

Nachteile: Lead management system, service orders, and some accounting reports are very challenging to use and we use outside software for these functions.

Escapia has gotten bigger and better over the last 7 years that we have been using the software.

Bewertet am 5.10.2017
Tere L.

Vorteile: Ease of use. The reservation grid is simple and reliable, giving you an accurate overview of bookings and availability. The support staff is excellent. Someone always answers the phone and has the solution, it wasn't always like that a few years ago. There are plenty of options with rate rules. Making last minute adjustments is not overly time consuming.

Nachteile: I love to utilize the booking reports, they are very useful. I wish there were more specific reports.

Ugly and complicated, but mostly works

Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Online Content Manager
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Escapia does do most of what it needs to. Especially from an accounting perspective, Escapia works for managing properties and owners, rates, fees, contracts, etc. Escapia also does integrate (with some flaws...) with a lot of other property softwares and listing sites. Finally, I have had mostly good experiences working with Escapia Support, and Homeaway Integration support when trying to figure out integration issues between Escapia and VRBO and other listing sites.

Nachteile: The sheer number of times that I had to contact support while using this product bear witness to the fact that it is not easy to use at all. Escapia can do a lot of things, but in order to get it to work you first have to be able to figure it out. There are all kinds of little nooks and crannies all over the software - boxes that have to be checked and extra steps that have to be remembered - if you want it to function. It's also not very pleasant to look at, which isn't a big deal, but also doesn't help. Compared to MyVR's interface Escapia just looks old and ugly. We gave up altogether on setting up an Escapia website, and went with MyVR instead.
Overall, Escapia does work for us, and does do what it needs to, but it's not a fun system to use.