Love this app

Casey ann Z.
Senior Director, Class & Affinity Giving
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love how easy this app is to use. At a touch of a button I can find out when and what my 2 year old ate, how long he napped, when he had his diaper changed, and photos of his activity throughout the day! I also like that I can see these updates in real-time. Our previous daycare used a different app that wouldn’t allow us to see his daily updates until his teacher signed him out at the end of the day.

Vorteile: Ease of use, real-time updates/entries, clear photos, and way communication with teachers

Nachteile: I don’t have a con for this app. It provides us with everything we need.

HiMama is a gem

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Shannon M.
Owner/Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I am very happy with my choice to implement HiMama in my school. The parents, and prospective parents , are impressed with the level of communication it allows us to have throughout the day. As an educator, I am please to be able to monitor the types of activities my teachers are providing the children and like that the Development Evidence provides a snapshot of this information for me, both as a Director and a parent. We recently added on the Development Assessment feature, which was the one thing that had previously been missing for me. I feel that HiMama is now a comprehensive tool that makes communication among teachers, parents, and administration the best it can be.

Vorteile: I like the ability to send messages, either to an individual, a classroom, or to the entire center. It makes communication with my families quite easy. I also like that I have the ability to send a whole school text blast (if needed) for more emergent matters. While I haven't used that feature yet, it gives me peace of mind knowing I can reach all my families in an emergency. I also like the real time classroom counts, the attendance reports, and the wealth of information it provides parents.

Nachteile: When uploading activities/lesson plans, it would be helpful for the teachers to have the ability to save a week's plans. This would allow teachers to copy and paste frequently used activities, which would in turn,save them time when inputting plans.
I also am not fond of certain adjectives used to describe the "mood" of a child, when , without context, can be misunderstood by a parent. I have instructed my teachers to only use positive descriptors and to save other adjectives for in person communication.

It's the best child care management platform I found

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Melanie F.
owner/director/teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I tried a few other programs prior to Himama. I was less impressed with the services and the tech support with those. Himama seems to be the only program with a balance of family/teacher communication and administration aspects without buying each segment separately. As a teacher AND administrator I see both sides of that and as a small private Early Childhood center I need an affordable system. And now with the Ounce package added on, we can save time, paper and trouble proving that we track individual development as well. But the best thing about Himama are the customer support and tech teams.

Vorteile: Actually the best thing about Himama is the responsiveness of the tech team behind the platform. I have submitted many ideas to improve the service, to assist us in billing, tracking regulated events and ease of recording and reporting information. Every time I received a quick and personal response to clarify my needs. Most of those ideas have been added over the last year to the service even though they all involved remodeling the categories in which they fit. The consistent movement to meet subscriber's needs is impressive to me.

Nachteile: There are still improvements to ease the need to record and report things like fire drills, but I believe they are working on it. I would also like to be able to add my own developmental categories.

Great preface, rough interface

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Danielle B.
Assistant Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It started out a little odd but once we got it up and running we were happy until we started seeing all the weird quirks. You can’t put in a student our parents address we put them in notes which was odd, the billing aspect is awful you can’t connect families, it started out a little odd but once we got it up and running we were happy until we started seeing all the weird quirks. You can’t put in a student our parents address we put them in notes which was odd, the billing aspect is awful you can’t connect families, no immunization record keeping. It’s fit for businesses that do not have to keep specific record keeping for tax purposes .

Vorteile: Looks great, easy for parents to use, checking in and out is easy. Easy to create tuition plans.

Nachteile: All the behind the scenes billing is awful. Nothing makes sense for bookkeeping purposes.

All Establishments Involving Children NEEDS this APP!!

Bewertet am 27.12.2019
Danieal J.
Administrative Assistant
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This app provides a peace of mind, in knowing what your child is doing throughout the day. I recommended this app to teachers and summer camp directors so parents can be more aware and receive a better format in receiving weekly invoices.

Vorteile: As a parent, This app provides the most effective source of communication and awareness of your child and their children productivity. I'm able to contact my child's teachers before, during, and after school hours.

Nachteile: Behavior charts are misleading and might not reflect the child accurate behavior. Some daily reports are not updated in real time.

HiMama Review

Adam F.
N/A
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I love the real time feedback that I could receive from my daughters daycare providers throughout the day. The concept is great.

Nachteile: It seems the staff still rely on a paper process and duplicate everything to the app after the fact. Setting better SOPs at the daycare level would help drive more in-app engagement. Most days the reports are very very vague. The idea is awesome but at the surface it appears to be some resistance at the daycare level from using the app more frequently. I’d recommend a more robust Customer Success team to help showcase the value of the app. I’d also appreciate more flexibility to message specific staff within the app (unique staff log-ins?). I find I still rely on email communications with the Center vs communicating through the app.

Excellent App... improvements needed but minimal

Amanda K.
Executive Assistant
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very good. As a parent of two children at the day care centre

Vorteile: Love the information that is received. I find I get what I need out of the app.

Nachteile: I find the location of where information is, is not always common sense or where you would think it is.

excellent alp

Muhammad hasan R.
IT consultant
Bankwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: excellent app overall in features and functionality

Vorteile: app is easy to use, gives you timely updates, keep photos and activities in one place with easy calendar access.

Nachteile: the UI is not friendly, need some improvements,

Love this little app

Amanda S.
Coach
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helps me feel much more connected with what my kids are doing during the day!

Vorteile: Pictures of my kids and updates from teachers.

Nachteile: No issues that I can think of, very easy to use

Wonderful App

Leah D.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love being able to check in on my child throughout the day. The ability to see pictures, see what she’s been eating, and other vital information makes it easier to go to work.

Nachteile: There have been no cons so far! Everything has been great!

Saves me time and money

Bewertet am 25.8.2019
Heather S.
Early Childhood Educator
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall I feel that this is one of the best things that I have done for my business. Attendance reports are easy to view and print off, I can easily access and share menus, calendars, messages, and alerts. I can't imagine ever going back to the way that I used to do things.

Vorteile: I absolutely love this program. I went from taking hours filling out reports to just minutes. It has greatly increased the communication between myself and the parents of children in care. I also feel that it looks much more professional than hastily scribbled notes passed on to parents at the end of the day.

Nachteile: Price was a big obstacle for me. Having to pay in advance rather than monthly meant I had to rearrange finances to make things work and I know that this is a major issue when I reccomend this program to others.

Communication Breakthrough!

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
June H.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our survey data from families has always focused on the lack of communication about centre happenings...not any more....since we have HiMama communication is no longer an issue. HiMama is organized, centered around the Continuum of Development which makes child observations and documentation easy - the pie graphs add a visual dimension to the app which allows staff at a glance to see which domains need addressing by staff. As a manger the weekly report confirm that the communication is happening within the centre, families are receiving their observations and families are engaged and checking items sent.

Vorteile: The software allows me to see at any given time child enrollment numbers, child observation data and ongoing communication with child care families. Families are purchasing a child care service on behalf of their children therefore the parents do not experience the full service directly...their children do. HiMama allows me to have connect/communicate with parents in real time keeping them up to date on centre happenings and sharing resources. This has always been the hardest part of the child care and HiMama bridges that communication gap on a daily basis.

Nachteile: A lot of American content......need more Canadian content.

Himama at Heatherwood

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Sarah L.
Senior Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have had a great experience, and feel like there have been regular updates that make the program better. The technical support is amazing and we were able to help push through the "parent sign in" feature that supported us through changing state regulations.

Vorteile: Communicates between signing in and classroom tablets, the app is great for parents, easy to do number checks for classrooms and to have kids "visit" classrooms when condensing at end of night.

Nachteile: The developmental stages are a little " cookie cutter"

Great app to have

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Doris G.
Executive Director
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This app has improved our communication with our parents/guardians. It has saved a lot of administration time in keeping track of children's hours, staff hours and communicating to parents regarding their child's progress, needs, and programming. Parents are feeling more connected with what is going on in their child's learning and development. Parents and extended family members enjoy the photo journal updates.
I always feel like HiMama are listening to their members as they are always implementing new features and improvements to their app.

Vorteile: The versatility of the HiMama tools and how it helped us with record keeping and connecting with the parents, staff and children with their progress and developmental needs. It has helped tremendously on lessen administration time with invoicing, attendance record, and staff time records. It also have features such as the meal calendar, event calendar and programming chart allowing more connection with the parents and staff.

Nachteile: We wish there was like a parents chat group that could be developed within the app. I know there is probably a video teaching parents how to use the app but I would say a high percentage of parents do not realize the capability/features of the app. For example, we had a parent who thought if she commented on a picture it was going to mass produce to everyone in the daycare. I guess there should be more incentive in learning about the features of the app.

Very Satisfied With HiMama

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Lindsay L.
Program Development Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love the interactions we can have with parents. As a parent who has children in a centre that uses HiMama I love learning about my children's day and see what they have been up to. As a coordinator I love that we are able to show parents what is going on how and show how their child(ren) are/is learning.

Nachteile: There isn't any huge issues. Sometimes I wish we could save items in the app and send them when we are in wifi. Sometimes things aren't sent because of internet services so that's on our internet not the software.

Easy Great App

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Sales Manager
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've enjoyed the available updates and being able to have something available to me that allows me to plan for my child. As a parent, its nice to know that its already written down and available to you at any time vs having to remember information when you get home from daycare like "did she poop today?", "when was her last bottle/diaper change/nap?"

Vorteile: HiMama allows you to see what and when your child has been up to all day - diapers, meals, and naps are so important to helping keep an infant on schedule and HiMama does a great job. Plus we get to see pictures posted of our little one throughout the day! I appreciate having the reports at the end of each day that tell me if we're low on supplies and just generally how her day was.

Nachteile: I don't see her activities (tummy time, play time) and I'm not sure that's an option as part of this app (I also don't know if its already available). It would also be nice to know her mood throughout the day (happy, crying, just fine) so I know how my kid is going to be when I'm going to get her...or if I should try and get her a little early if she's had a tough day. These things are not obviously life changing as I already get the most important information already through the app.

Mother of Four

Leah M.
RN
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a parent user, I appreciate being able to communicate throughout the day with my child's teacher/caregiver if need be. I appreciate seeing pictures and reading funny stories about them that I may not get otherwise. I'm very impressed with the HiMama app and tell /show everyone that asks me about where my kids go to daycare and how I like it. See above for recommendations on what could make it better as a parent/user in my opinion.

Vorteile: Comparatively, having anything that allows me to see what my children are doing, how they are doing, and if and when they get into trouble or get hurt is impressive. I have 2 older children who are 11 and 14 that I did not have anything like HiMama with when they were in daycare and preschool. I appreciate the way the school uses it, but as for the app itself, I'm impressed with the email notifications so I don't have to log in to see when there is a message and I love the pictures I get to see throughout the day.

Nachteile: It may be my cell phone, but I cannot seem to stay logged in. I have to log in everytime and, sometimes, this can be very frustrating. I also like using the messaging system, but it just seems a little bit cumbersome. Maybe if it were set up a little more like email and be able to pre-fill and.or even save messages such as running late or my child will be absent today, that would make it a little easier to use.

Excellent product with great features

Bewertet am 11.10.2019
Max N.
Operations
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Essentially a great tool for a day to day work, with many great options. Tremendous help with customer relations.

Vorteile: Very easy to use, has relevant information and well - regarded by our clients. Initial scepticism was over done features presenting info in a simplified form, but it turned out to be a great idea-to simplify presentation of data.

Nachteile: Took some time to learn the product, but once gotten used to- great to have software. Other than learning curve we didn't see many points that would be detrimental in value.

HiMama

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Jessica S.
Preschool Director
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been a very easy switch to HiMama. Staff was extremely helpful in the transition from the very first conversation and we couldn't be happier with the switch!

Vorteile: I love how user friendly the software is. We are able to input children's information with an easy click of a button and not have to spend lots of time updating each child. The quality and look of the daily reports are fantastic and parent's love the real time updates on their children during the day.

Nachteile: I would love to have a notification of parent messages when on the computer, right now i don't see those as easily unless I am on the dashboard. I would also like to see a function where administrators can approve pictures and videos before they are sent to the parents.

Watching Her Grow

Amber E.
Customer Service Manager
Bekleidung & Mode, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love having pictures sent to me throughout the day. Getting to see the smile on my child's face and knowing that she is having a good day, makes my day better. It's wonderful to be able to add family and friends to our crew as well. Those who do not get to see her regularly also get to watch her grow. Another great feature is the communication ability. As parents, it is great to know that we have immediate contact with her school at any time of the day. If we have questions or if they have any announcements or concerns, we know right away.

Nachteile: No matter how many times I select the log in on my desktop to remember me, it never does :( Not that this is a huge deal, but it would make it more convenient. And yes, I have it saved in my internet settings, and it works on other sites. I do use the app on my phone as well, and this always remembers and keeps me logged in. The phone app is great! I recommend it to all of my crew so that they can see her pictures at the of each day all in a row. No need to open each email, just open and scroll.

Game changer for our Child Care!

Bewertet am 15.7.2019
Amy C.
Executive Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Sales team and customer service are AWESOME! My sales rep still checks in to make make sure we do not need anything. The webinars and help center are so in depth and helpful! They have Educators on staff to make sure it is teacher friendly! I think that in itself speaks very highly for the company!

Vorteile: Hi Mama is very easy to learn and train staff on. It is set up so our teachers and staff are saving time in entering information and using their time to be with the children! Their messaging system is easy to use and very fast! We were able to both text and email parents when snow hit and we needed to close early. Our Parent and Teacher communication have grown considerably!

Nachteile: There are a few options we really need like CACFP collecting. As a child care using the Food Program it would save me a ton of time weekly by having a printable report. I also really do not like the check in process. It is a list of names which is a problem for some parents. We have a group of Foster children that should not be on a list seen by everyone so we are currently not able to use this function. I really wish they would let parents enter a 4 digit code and check in all their children at one time. This would also allow security and no list to scroll through!

Happy User

Brittany T.
Business Analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great way to communicate with teachers and staff. Messages go straight to my work inbox which is great since I am working on my computer for hours at a time. Seems simple and not overly technical which is great for grandparents!

Vorteile: Easy to navigate, locate historical photos/journals, etc. Functions appropriately... easy to email teachers and staff. Teachers respond promptly, so I assume the software fits into their daily schedule nicely.

Nachteile: I wish I could email/message photos to myself and other family members. Or it would be great if it connected to social media and I could upload daycare photos of my kids to share with family and friends. Would also be nice if you could bulk download photos and store them or send them somewhere. I plan at some point to go back and save all of these photos to my home computer and other photo apps for safe keeping... but I've been putting it off because it's not an easy task and it will take awhile.

Love getting updates throughout the day

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Adrienne K.
Medical Laboratory Scientist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I enjoy getting updates on my kiddos throughout the day. It's nice to be able to reference the reports on HiMama to see what my children ate, when they slept and what activities they did at school that day. The teachers even send us pictures! My boys are just starting to talk so it's helpful that the HiMama app includes what kinds of things they were working on so that I have a better idea of what they are trying to tell me about. We also really like the messaging system because you can send a message through the app or by email. It helps keep the lines of communication open and that is reassuring.

Nachteile: Sometimes the reports finalize at strange times. I'll get a message 5 hrs after my kiddos have been picked up that says the report is now final. I'm not sure if it's something the teachers are doing differently on some days but it's just odd.

HiMama- great features that need higher visibility

Anjali B.
Vp
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Aside from this we are very happy with our use of the himama app, the various security features that allow us to decide what to and not to share with other family members, and the general ease of use of the app itself.

Vorteile: We love how our email notifications include pictures and updates directly from the app so we dont always have to login separately to see those goodies. The two way communication and messaging to and from teachers is also extremely helpful, especially when our daycare has phone line issues etc.

Nachteile: The two way communication and messaging to and from teachers is also extremely helpful, especially when our daycare has phone line issues etc. However, I do find that feature sometimes hidden or hard to find depending on which part of the app you are using. I wish there waa just 1 overall button (same on every page) that could be highlighted in red or something highly visible for ease of navigation

We could not be happier!

Bewertet am 6.12.2016
Cynthia O.
Manager/Assistant Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using Himama for over a year we could not be happier! Parents love the value and the extra channel of communication that they get with the easy with the ability to send messages directly to the classroom teacher. My teachers are able to send pictures, videos and update parents on how their child is doing. Over all this application was one of the best investments we made at our Daycare, and I can truly say that no other app compares to Himama.

Vorteile: how easy it is to use it and how fast my teachers can input the child's information thought the day

Nachteile: there are a couple of options that I wish could be a little easier, which i have noted on the advice box.