Great Support

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Lori M.
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've had issues on and off using the program since going live in January 2019, however, AccountingSeed Customer Support has helped us through all of those issues. They've even done some customization for us as a courtesy. I've been working on a custom template (with Conga) for months now and the fields I need on the form were not available to us. CSR with AccountingSeed helped me today with these custom fields; he added them as a courtesy and also sent me a video on how he did this. VERY helpful to have in the future.

Vorteile: My favorite feature is being able to Clone repeat transactions; vendor invoices and journal entries. The Bank Reconciliation is a breeze. Submitting a Ticket for assistance is very convenient. I get an email within a few hours with a solution.

Nachteile: My least favorite features are the Financial Reports and AccountingSeed-created Forms. The reports we run are very different than what AccountingSeed offers. We've found a way to make it work by exporting to Excel, updating fields, adding/deleting, etc. Another feature is the various forms that AccountingSeed created for us; Purchase Order, Packing List and Billing. When we first started using AccountingSeed we found out they didn't have Sales Orders (order confirmations). We had to purchase another App (Conga) who created the Sales Order form for us. I'm currently working on a new Purchase Order template with Conga. The issue I have with the Billing form is that is says Billing. A lot of our customers comment, asking for the Invoice number. It's just a terminology issue; billing vs invoice. We will be creating our own Invoice template with Conga as well.

Accounting Seed Opinions

Bewertet am 22.3.2019
Donna B.
Accounting Manager
Maschinerie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Our company has a small amount of employees who all work from home. Accounting Seed is great because it allows all of us to have immediate access to the data and information at all times, and is much more powerful and customizable than QBO. And of course the integration with Salesforce goes without saying -everything is in one place. It is so simple to close an Opportunity, and create a Purchase Order and everything that follows with just a few clicks of some buttons.

Nachteile: Some features are very complicated and tedious to set-up and implement, like customizing Financial Reports and setting up a Budget for example. The Knowledge Base is helpful to a point, but doesn't seem straight forward at times. Also, the cost per user is too high. We are paying for the convenience of having everything in the cloud rather than the value of the actual product.

von Accounting Seed an 26.3.2019

Hi, Donna. Thank you so much for your review of Accounting Seed. We always appreciate the feedback from our customers. I'm glad to hear you have found value in Accounting Seed and our native connection to Salesforce.

Regarding setting up budgets and customizing reports, these tasks can certainly take time. I'd be happy to connect you with a product consultant if you would like any assistance or direction. Please feel free to reach out to me at scochran@accountingseed.com or 443.825.0646. Happy to help ensure your success with Accounting Seed!

Best,
Shannon Cochran

Expect to invest into development

Bewertet am 29.3.2019
Natalia P.
Salesforce Admin, Accounting Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In my opinion, AS orders & inventory would work best for medium-size business, mainly because of the cost of implementation and maintenance. We found that the Software was not easy to use out of the box: lot's of extra steps, intermediate screens, and extra data entry. We had to customize a lot (to auto-populate fields, build workarounds, improve reporting) to get it to work for us. Luckily, we were able to secure a knowledgeable consultant. Once implemented, though, it has been working well. Very customizable, lots of possibilities for automation, works seamlessly with Salesforce. We would recommend it for companies who already have a Salesforce Consultant on staff, preferably a developer who's familiar with Accounting.

Vorteile: Accounting Seed makes it possible to pull comprehensive reports, pulling your CRM, inventory, and accounting data, all in one place, very customizable, lots of possibilities for automation, scalable, if you are growing

Nachteile: Needed extensive customizations to be able to handle large volumes of billing, will use a lot of your salesforce data storage, archiving is possible, but will halt all your running balance type reports like daily bank account balances, etc.

A Limited Accounting Software Option

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Brian B.

Vorteile: Because it is small, the CEO often provides customer support. It overlays onto SalesForce (more or less). It was cost-effective compared to other options.

Nachteile: This is a small company so the software has some pretty significant limitations. It was very difficult for us to adapt to use via SalesForce, and had a lot of accounting quirks that we had to develop workarounds for (not because of issues on our end, but because of flaws in the software). Customer service was slow to respond and was--more often than not--helpful. Much of the software could not be modified or edited by our team to better meet our needs, which made it unwieldy to work with more often than not.

Complete and Comprehensive General Ledger and Financial Reporting

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Kathryn C.
Principal
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The system overall is a fabulous product that goes far beyond the functionality of other accounting solutions, such as: Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Sage, Quickbooks, Servman, Aljex, and Epicor.

Vorteile: Accounting Seed is intuitive, has internal controls, an audit trail, produces all financial statements including a Statement of Cash Flows, a full general ledger, has exemplary customer support, and combined with Salesforce applications, provides for complete and comprehensive financial reporting

Nachteile: There are some minor issues with the application, but nothing that prevented me from using it. For example, I would like to see the company name and logo on the financial statements.

Best Accounting Software for Fast Growing SMB

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Collin M.
Chief VoIP Evangelist
Telekommunikation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using Accounting Seed for a bit over a year now and our whole teams loves it!

Vorteile: Super easy to use and easy to customize to meet your needs

Nachteile: Not the easiest to transition over to and it lacks good quality consulting partners.

von Accounting Seed an 29.1.2019

Hi, Collin. Thank you for your awesome review of Accounting Seed!

We are thrilled to hear you are finding great value in the software and that it is meeting your needs as a fast growing small business.
We are always looking to improve - you mentioned there were some challenges with the transition. I would love to hear more about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at scochran@accountingseed.com to discuss in more detail or set up a phone call.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our accounting solution! I look forward to connecting. - Shannon

Functionality

Bewertet am 4.4.2019
Ayman I.
Senior Budgeting & control accountant
Logistik & Lieferkette, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Not bad , but I think you can facilitate it more

Vorteile: On operational perspective is highly effective .

Nachteile: Functionality from accounting perspective seems poor .

von Accounting Seed an 5.4.2019

Hi, Ayman. Thank you for your review of Accounting Seed. I'm thrilled to hear the operations of our product are proving highly effective for you. I'd love to hear more about your statement regarding the struggles from an accounting perspective. At Accounting Seed, your success is our top priority, and we want to provide you with all the tools and knowledge needed to be successful.

Please feel free to contact me at scochran@accountingseed.com if you'd like to discuss further. Thank you!

User-Friendly Cloud based accounting software

Bewertet am 18.3.2018
Sundeep M.
Manager, assurance

Kommentare: Generating reports for financial statement reporting for clients.

Vorteile: User friendly software that offers solutions for accounting, bank reconciliation, inventory management,

Nachteile: The price of the software is a bit more expensive than it's peers. Not a major drawback, but you may need to pay the premium pricing for features that your business may need for your reporting needs.

A great starter accounting program

Bewertet am 9.4.2018
Accounting Associate

Vorteile: I like how clean this software is and how easy it is to use. Very useful to small businesses or new accounting professionals

Nachteile: This software doesnt have lots of features. If you are willing to spend a little more there are tons of better equipped ones out there.

Bewertet am 25.9.2018