Über Accounting Seed

Reinvent the way you do accounting! Accounting Seed is a cloud-based accounting software backed by the power of the Salesforce platform

Erfahre mehr über Accounting Seed

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Accounting Seed bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Collin M.
Collin M.
Chief VoIP Evangelist in USA
Telekommunikation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Accounting Software for Fast Growing SMB

Kommentare: We have been using Accounting Seed for a bit over a year now and our whole teams loves it!

Super easy to use and easy to customize to meet your needs

Not the easiest to transition over to and it lacks good quality consulting partners.

Antwort von Accounting Seed

Hi, Collin. Thank you for your awesome review of Accounting Seed! We are thrilled to hear you are finding great value in the software and that it is meeting your needs as a fast growing small business. We are always looking to improve - you mentioned there were some challenges with the transition. I would love to hear more about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at scochran@accountingseed.com to discuss in more detail or set up a phone call. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our accounting solution! I look forward to connecting. - Shannon

Jennifer D.
Director of Operations in USA
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Accounting Seed

Kommentare: Our overall experience was good. We transitioned from Quickbooks to Accounting Seed and it was a major transition, but the accounting seed team worked with us to make sure it went smoothly.

We chose accounting seed because it integrates with Salesforce and it was the only Accounting software available at the time that could fully integrate within our platform. We also have a high number of credit card transactions that we have to reconcile each month and liked the Bank Direct Connect functionality.

There were some limitations within the software, but if feel with each update, the Accounting Seed team works to offer updates and solutions to key issues.

Phil M.
Solution Architect in USA

An Excellent Value Financial Solution

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall, we have had good experiences. The package has a straightforward install (save once when we didn't have the correct release, and good to very good support. The Knowledge Base is helpful.

Having a financial solution on the Salesforce platform is a game-changer for development and implementation speed. Real-time financial information available at the Account, Opportunity, and Project record level increases the speed, accuracy, and relevance of critical business intelligence. This, in turn, translates into greater business agility while exponentially increasing confidence in the processing and assessment of business threats and opportunities.

Recently the platform and license costing has been a bit of a moving target. I have evangelized for this product and assisted several of our clients with AS implementations, and more than once we have found out significant cost impacts after the initial purchase. The bank connections have also been challenging, as while the advertised "1400" banks might sound like a lot, we have discovered the hard way that having a bank name on the list does not guarantee a connection, as each bank can have several connectors, and not all are compatible with Accounting Seed.

Lori M.
Office Manager in USA
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Support

Kommentare: We've had issues on and off using the program since going live in January 2019, however, AccountingSeed Customer Support has helped us through all of those issues. They've even done some customization for us as a courtesy. I've been working on a custom template (with Conga) for months now and the fields I need on the form were not available to us. CSR with AccountingSeed helped me today with these custom fields; he added them as a courtesy and also sent me a video on how he did this. VERY helpful to have in the future.

My favorite feature is being able to Clone repeat transactions; vendor invoices and journal entries. The Bank Reconciliation is a breeze. Submitting a Ticket for assistance is very convenient. I get an email within a few hours with a solution.

My least favorite features are the Financial Reports and AccountingSeed-created Forms. The reports we run are very different than what AccountingSeed offers. We've found a way to make it work by exporting to Excel, updating fields, adding/deleting, etc. Another feature is the various forms that AccountingSeed created for us; Purchase Order, Packing List and Billing. When we first started using AccountingSeed we found out they didn't have Sales Orders (order confirmations). We had to purchase another App (Conga) who created the Sales Order form for us. I'm currently working on a new Purchase Order template with Conga. The issue I have with the Billing form is that is says Billing. A lot of our customers comment, asking for the Invoice number. It's just a terminology issue; billing vs invoice. We will be creating our own Invoice template with Conga as well.

Rickey F.
Director of International Operations in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Accounting Software built into SalesForce

Kommentare: We needed a system that integrated with our contacts and programs. We wanted to be able to see what programs a donor had given to along with financial data for those programs. With Accounting Seed working inside SalesForce, all our data, across all departments, is in one place can easily be linked, integrated, displayed, and reported. This allows us to better serve our constituents with accurate data immediately at our fingers via desktop or mobile apps with access anywhere in the world.

Accounting Seed works splendidly inside SalesForce. You get all the advantages of a product that integrates with all your SalesForce data. No need for imports or exports. Everything is in one place. Employees learn one system and they can work all across the organization. The availability of multi-levels of security allows you to tailor applications to the appropriate person, department, or team. Internal control features and audit trails are securely automated. Backing up your data is simple with just a few clicks. Project managment allow each project to act almost like its own company and integrates well with any other Salesforce data.

I would like to see more preformatted reports. There are a few in the system but I suspect there could be more that could print directly from the system in a more presentable format. All reports can be exported to Excel. This allows those that know Excel to manipulate the data as only Excel can do. That is nice but requires extra effort to format the data.

Donna B.
Accounting Manager in USA
Maschinerie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Accounting Seed Opinions

Our company has a small amount of employees who all work from home. Accounting Seed is great because it allows all of us to have immediate access to the data and information at all times, and is much more powerful and customizable than QBO. And of course the integration with Salesforce goes without saying -everything is in one place. It is so simple to close an Opportunity, and create a Purchase Order and everything that follows with just a few clicks of some buttons.

Some features are very complicated and tedious to set-up and implement, like customizing Financial Reports and setting up a Budget for example. The Knowledge Base is helpful to a point, but doesn't seem straight forward at times. Also, the cost per user is too high. We are paying for the convenience of having everything in the cloud rather than the value of the actual product.

Antwort von Accounting Seed

Hi, Donna. Thank you so much for your review of Accounting Seed. We always appreciate the feedback from our customers. I'm glad to hear you have found value in Accounting Seed and our native connection to Salesforce. Regarding setting up budgets and customizing reports, these tasks can certainly take time. I'd be happy to connect you with a product consultant if you would like any assistance or direction. Please feel free to reach out to me at scochran@accountingseed.com or 443.825.0646. Happy to help ensure your success with Accounting Seed! Best, Shannon Cochran

Nichol H.
CFO in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Accounting Seed Review

Kommentare: Honestly a product without good support is no good to me. Anytime something comes up I know I have to figure it out myself or waste time trying to correspond with someone.

Ease of importing data through the data import wizard

Customer support is terrible. The guy that was answering my support tickets was not understanding me and would not call on the phone. I never once talked to him through anything but messages in the ticket portal. My ticket was not resolved for over a month.

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Nichol, Thank you for your feedback. We have contacted our Support Team regarding your feedback and we understand they have reached out to you in order to further discuss the ticket that you had submitted. We apologize for the inconvenience. In the future, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Success team by emailing customersucess@accountingseed.com.

Director, Information Technology in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Solid accounting package for Salesforce

Kommentare: We've been happy with Accounting Seed. It has allowed us to store all of our financial data right in Salesforce and track the financial data with our client CRM data.

Relatively simple to configure and use. We got this up and running in a few short weeks and the majority of the few issues we ran into were simply due to us not referencing the well documented Knowledge Base

It appears that there is a lack of integrations available. Some of the other Salesforce platform ERP packages we evaluated had a few more third party integrations available allowing extending functionality.

Brian R.
CFO in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Good value, doesn't scale well

The integration with SF and our TMS is great, its fantastic to have all order information linked to the accounting objects. Reporting is great as well, that is mostly a SF feature.

The inability to send ACH payments out of the box was a huge piece for us. I was referred to Check21 which was ridiculously expensive. Also cash application takes too long if you have a customer that has x number of invoices. Some of our larger accounts have more than 2000 invoices open at a given time. Paging through screens takes a very long time. Seems like we have outgrown AS's sweet spot of transactions. In addition daily billing/payable posting takes a long time, (exceeding lines). Bank rec gets split into multiple recs due to 4k item limit.

Brian B.

A Limited Accounting Software Option

Because it is small, the CEO often provides customer support. It overlays onto SalesForce (more or less). It was cost-effective compared to other options.

This is a small company so the software has some pretty significant limitations. It was very difficult for us to adapt to use via SalesForce, and had a lot of accounting quirks that we had to develop workarounds for (not because of issues on our end, but because of flaws in the software). Customer service was slow to respond and was--more often than not--helpful. Much of the software could not be modified or edited by our team to better meet our needs, which made it unwieldy to work with more often than not.

Natalia P.
Salesforce Admin, Accounting Manager in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Expect to invest into development

Kommentare: In my opinion, AS orders & inventory would work best for medium-size business, mainly because of the cost of implementation and maintenance. We found that the Software was not easy to use out of the box: lot's of extra steps, intermediate screens, and extra data entry. We had to customize a lot (to auto-populate fields, build workarounds, improve reporting) to get it to work for us. Luckily, we were able to secure a knowledgeable consultant. Once implemented, though, it has been working well. Very customizable, lots of possibilities for automation, works seamlessly with Salesforce. We would recommend it for companies who already have a Salesforce Consultant on staff, preferably a developer who's familiar with Accounting.

Accounting Seed makes it possible to pull comprehensive reports, pulling your CRM, inventory, and accounting data, all in one place, very customizable, lots of possibilities for automation, scalable, if you are growing

Needed extensive customizations to be able to handle large volumes of billing, will use a lot of your salesforce data storage, archiving is possible, but will halt all your running balance type reports like daily bank account balances, etc.

Kathryn C.
Principal in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Complete and Comprehensive General Ledger and Financial Reporting

Kommentare: The system overall is a fabulous product that goes far beyond the functionality of other accounting solutions, such as: Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Sage, Quickbooks, Servman, Aljex, and Epicor.

Accounting Seed is intuitive, has internal controls, an audit trail, produces all financial statements including a Statement of Cash Flows, a full general ledger, has exemplary customer support, and combined with Salesforce applications, provides for complete and comprehensive financial reporting

There are some minor issues with the application, but nothing that prevented me from using it. For example, I would like to see the company name and logo on the financial statements.

Jennifer R.
Senior Salesforce Administrator in UK
Luxusgüter & Schmuck, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

So close yet just not there yet

Kommentare: AS Support Service is perfect, I've never worked with a 3rd party application that has such a good service desk. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great, personable and helps get the problem fixed! Absolute legend! Its this level of care that really helps make this the bee knees.

Simple, clean and clear. I'm not from a finance background and I find it easy (bar my cons) and logical to use.

Stock Transfer functionality, it only handles one item at a time. We have multiple locations with a pricebook of 9000+ not realistic and have had to custom develop. Stock Inventory History, is a manual process rather then automated or a bulk operation, again sought out other developments Projects/Manufacturing process, overly complicated.

Christine A.
Financial analyst in USA
Chemikalien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Accounting seed a sophisticated software that gives value for money

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My experience using Accounting seed software has been magical as I no longer have the worries of manually generating reports, the software does that for me

Accounting seed is plus for any accountant who seems stressed in generating financial reports. The software does everything for you in generating reports and will always give audit trail incase of errors

Accounting seed software needs you have basic knowledge of accounting principles,hence may not be user friendly if u lack that.

Jeff S.
Controller in USA
Gastgewerbe, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Heart of the House

Kommentare: It's ok I wish the reporting was best and easier to work with

It's integration with SF accounts. Software is on the cloud.

Can't post cash over the invoice amount to an invoice, when the client overpays that invoice. Reports are not good.

Ayman I.
Senior Budgeting & control accountant in Ägypten
Logistik & Lieferkette, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Functionality

Kommentare: Not bad , but I think you can facilitate it more

On operational perspective is highly effective .

Functionality from accounting perspective seems poor .

Antwort von Accounting Seed

Hi, Ayman. Thank you for your review of Accounting Seed. I'm thrilled to hear the operations of our product are proving highly effective for you. I'd love to hear more about your statement regarding the struggles from an accounting perspective. At Accounting Seed, your success is our top priority, and we want to provide you with all the tools and knowledge needed to be successful. Please feel free to contact me at scochran@accountingseed.com if you'd like to discuss further. Thank you!

Doug R.
Doug R.
Manager in USA
Versicherung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Bad experience

We were not able to use the accounting software because we were never fully implemented by their partner.

service and support wasn't helpful. After the software cancellation due to their partner going out of business, they cancelled our subscription and our salesforce instance ground to a halt. Very hard to get a hold of someone to help out solve the issue. Our SF org was left unusable.

Antwort von Accounting Seed

In response to this review, Covered by Sage received a full refund for the unused portion of their contract. The partner being referred to did not go out of business - they were bought by a larger firm. Several members of our support team have been in constant contact with Doug and have provided alternate solutions. We offered the company a solution that would have kept their implementation moving forward, but they turned down this option. Additionally, the company's Salesforce instance was not purchased through Accounting Seed. Therefore, their Salesforce instance will remain fully functional, even after their cancellation is complete. Our goal is to keep our customers moving towards success. Unfortunately, this organization turned down the options we provided.

Althea L.
Database Analyst in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly

4 vor 4 Wochen Neu

I am not an Accountant but I know the basics of Accounting from taking a couple of Accounting classes in Business School and with that knowledge, I am able to easily maneuver around the program.

There are some features that I wish it had like being able to edit some templates.

Sundeep M.
Manager, assurance in Kanada

User-Friendly Cloud based accounting software

Kommentare: Generating reports for financial statement reporting for clients.

User friendly software that offers solutions for accounting, bank reconciliation, inventory management,

The price of the software is a bit more expensive than it's peers. Not a major drawback, but you may need to pay the premium pricing for features that your business may need for your reporting needs.

Accounting Associate in USA

A great starter accounting program

I like how clean this software is and how easy it is to use. Very useful to small businesses or new accounting professionals

This software doesnt have lots of features. If you are willing to spend a little more there are tons of better equipped ones out there.

Monica G.