Über Smokeball

Smokeball ist eine komplette cloudbasierte Produktivitätssoftware für Anwält*innen für PCs. Verwalte deine Mitarbeiter*innen und das gesamte Unternehmen an einem Ort.

Erfahre mehr über Smokeball

The system is easy to use and technical support is very responsive if we ever have an issue or question. It has been such a game changer from google suites.

Bewertungen zu Smokeball

Smokeball hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 240 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Smokeball bereits verwendet?

Nicole
Nicole
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Paralegal review

My firm has used Smokeball for over 5 years. Every employee at the firm uses Smokeball daily, even those that would consider themselves to be less tech savvy. Smokeball has a number of features that I personally use daily, including an integrated feature through InfoTrack that allows me to easily electronically file pleadings directly from my matter. We have also created forms and templates that make generating pleadings and documents so easy without spending time messing with formatting. The customer support is always available to assist if I have any questions. They also have the ability to "remote in" on my computer to take care of any behind the scenes techy things that I don't know how to do myself.

The pros far outweigh the cons. I feel like there are always updates rolling out, so once we work through the bugs, Smokeball works seamlessly for exactly what we need it to do.

vor 3 Monaten

Nicole, it's so great that your firm finds Smokeball easy to use and is leveraging the powerful automation features and integrations. Thanks for your great review!

Troy
Law Office Manager, Private Investigator in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Smokeball Review - Cost = $$$$ - Value = Priceless!

Kommentare: Very friendly and helpful and out to see you succeed and get the most from the software. Everyone seems to have law firm experience from the Implementation Specialist and Account Manager who have many years of experience as a Paralegal to the Billing Trainer who is a Lawyer and they know what they are recommending or helping with and why. You are not alone, you have a great support staff, video training, webinar training, one on one training etc. Believe it or not...the Sales guy didn't lie.....pretty much everything he sold us on during the demo is true!

It tracks everything. Training and onboarding are fantastic. Customer Support is on top of things and great to help and give feedback. Everyone I have worked with seems to be an expert in the field with solid law firm experience backing their recommendations or help with the software. The integration with Ring Central, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word is SEAMLESS and PRICELESS! The Communicate App for the Client is great as well and even those clients that have previously said they don't text or use apps now use the Communicate app with ease (and seem to like it).

There are reports I would like to be able to customize for MY use vs a canned approach. As well as saving Favorite Reports the way I want them ran. I would also like to write my own reports. However, there is a great selection of reports that will make the majority of users very happy. Auto-time sometimes tracks too much time, however, it is better to see all and code those items as non billed vs not seeing the tracked time at all.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for your thorough 5-star review, Troy! We're delighted that Smokeball was everything you needed--and maybe even more. We appreciate your feedback on reports and are so glad you've enjoyed working with our team. We're here for you!

Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Document automation is great with this software

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It's been great. They have advance greatly over the years.

Document automation, storing emails with the matter, document organization.

When you schedule an event inside a matter, rather than on the calendar directly, it will not alert you that you have a conflict with your new appointment.

vor 2 Monaten

Thanks so much for your 5-star review, John. Document automation is an amazing way to save time and errors. We're so glad you're leveraging this Smokeball feature. Thanks for your feedback on how events calendared inside a matter don't reveal a conflict. We'll share this with our product team!

Alex

Disingenuous Company. Dead End Product. Stay Away

Kommentare: I said I wanted API access. They said, "what's an API?" I sent them a link to their website showing where they provide API access to developers. They refused. This became an issue because they will not provide your client and matter data in a useful format. It's a lawyer-run company. The support staff is legalistic and misleading. I would not do business with them again. I don't think "they'll make it right" if you have an issue. I know I sound like a crank. But I feel pretty badly treated by them and in 2023 the lack of an open API is insane. Now that I have my data out of their system, I am no longer hostage to their garbage. If I had read a review like this during my evaluation, I hope that I would have hesitated and made a different choice.

The software has a point of view. Its ideal user is a middle-aged tech-phobic lawyer that needs most decisions made for him.For that reason, the software makes a lot of choices for you. And mostly they are fine choices if you want a desktop-based app and a forms-heavy practice.They oversell their integration with MS Word and Outlook. Their custom add-ins are slow to load and unimpressive.If you truly want to play in the MS Dataverse, which I think is a smart long-term play, then use a product that integrates with Sharepoint and Teams. Also, the app is a POS.

This software is a technical dead end. They will never have an open API and integrate with the web. But if you ask for it, they "will submit a feature request" despite the fact they actually have an API that developers can use.They will not help you export your data. They provide you with your files in an unstructured mess of separate .csv files and client folders.They answer the customer service number 1 out of 5 calls. They shuttle you to email, where the support doesn't read the emails you send.Their document automation team screwed up my documents. I sent templates in Georgia 11 and got back documents with a mixture of Times New Roman 12 and Georgia. I sent over documents with tables for signature blocks and got back documents where the signature block was done with an underline and space bar.

letztes Jahr

Alex, we're very sorry to not be able to count you among our satisfied clients. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service with an average <30-minute response time to support tickets as well as a high satisfaction rating on automation of client documents. In an effort to preserve the integrity of our system for our clients, we have intentionally chosen to properly vet any integrations to our software resulting in developer only access to our API by approved tech companies. Our clients absolutely have access to their data and have the option to remove that data from their account using the methods provided in the software. Again, we're sorry if you felt the available options didn't meet your needs. We appreciate your feedback on our product, and the process of retrieving your data, and wish you the best.

Jonathan
Managing Member in USA

Never Practice Without It

Complete end to end practice management solution. Fantastic tech support and client account managers. Constantly improving the product for users. Actually does legal template automation (caption and proof of service etc) as opposed to Clio.

Cost of entry seemed very steep on 3-year contract basis. Because Smokeball integrates with all accounting processes except for operating accounts payable there is a great deal of work to get it stood up. Both of these hurdles are surmountable and worthwhile given the excellent product and service.

vor 3 Monaten

Thanks for your 5-star review, Jonathan. We're so glad that Smokeball is providing high-value, end-to-end solutions for your firm. We'll share your positive feedback with our client teams, who are always here for you!

Tabatha
Operations Administrator in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Smokeball Legal Software is leading the pack

Kommentare: Love Smokeball - I have been in the legal field for 18 years now and have worked with a number of different Legal Billing/Case Managment Programs. Smokeball, hands down, is leading the pack.

Time tracking, integration with Microsoft, intakes, Secure client portal, templates, document management system

I wish we had the option to create reports by selecting different fields.

vor 3 Monaten

Thanks so much for your 5-star review, Tabatha. Love to hear that you're using so many features from automatic time capture to integrations to intake forms. Sounds like Smokeball is a one-stop shop for your firm. And appreciate your feedback about the ability to create reports.

Mellissa
Senior Paralegal in USA

Game changer!

Kommentare: The productivity has increased. Training a new higher is so much easier and the features of Smokeball really allows you to set a Newby up for success! There are just to many amazing features that make the overall experience better than I could have ever expected!

Making my work product automatically generate on demand!

The Matter Types are not customizable and do not work for Texas cases.

vor 3 Monaten

We love hearing that Smokeball is a game-changer, Mellissa! If you have specific matter types or customizations you'd like to see, please let us know via "submit request" button at the URL below. We're continuously making updates and improvements to fit our clients' needs. https://support.smokeball.com/hc/en-us#footer-submit-ticket

Joseph
Law Clerk in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Smokeball has made a lasting impact

Kommentare: Overall, Smokeball has been a great addition to our firm and we thoroughly like it more than our previous case management software.

What I like most about Smokeball is that it is a user-friendly case management software that helps streamline workflow by integrating various interfaces, which significantly increases work productivity. Moreover, the automatics time tracking insures that I am making the most out of every document I draft, review, and revise.

The one thing I do not like about Smokeball is the timeframe it would take for their support team to create our templates into forms. Accordingly, my colleagues and I have had to divert billable time to create these "form" documents so that it further streamlines work productivity. Moreover, creating a "form" document is too simplified when certain forms require more complex coding.

vor 3 Monaten

We're so glad that our user-friendly automatic time tracking, workflows, and document automation are helping you be organized and productive. We appreciate your feedback around the timeline for templates. We're working to decrease the turn-around times on these. Thanks for your review, Joseph!

Kristi

Best Legal Practice Software

Kommentare: Smokeball has been the best lawfirm software yet! We have gone through 3 others and finally found the one! It has everything and is easy to navigate. All of our files are stored online making it easy to work anywhere. I highly recommend!

All of our files are stored online making it easy to work anywhere. Form automation, court rules integration.

whenever we dislike something or want something to add to our program they typically implement it at some point with updates.

vor 3 Monaten

Kristi, so glad to hear that Smokeball is making your work easier and more integrated. Thanks for your 5-star review!

Sharbel

Easy to maneuver

Kommentare: Very good. Happy I made the change to use Smokeball for my practice.

I like how easy it is to access the client's file. I do not need the hard file in order to review documents, share documents, and file documents.

The fact that the free website went away. When Smokeball was initially being presented to me, it included a free website, which I used for several years. Eventually they decided to do away with the website; now I pay $100 per month for a website. AND my smokeball subscription cost went up.

vor 2 Monaten

We're so glad that Smokeball is easy to use and was a positive change for your practice. To ensure we were providing the best solution to our clients, we partnered with LawLytics for website service. We understand that no one likes increased costs, but we're glad you believe Smokeball is worth the money. Thanks for your review, Sharbel!

Salvatore
Operations Manager in USA
Rechtsberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great CRM for Law Firms

Smokeball is very helpful in streamlining processes and increasing efficiency. You can assign tasks to users and auto populate a procedure with deadlines and assignments. Very useful.

There are still some bugs with the reporting feature of the software but the developers and support are easily accessible to assist and they are working on updates and fixes.

Owner/Member in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

GREAT product with ease of use!!

Kommentare: Overall, it's been great! Such an easy program to use and very thorough!

The ease of use is awesome! Document automation is also great!! It's easy to track nearly everything. In essence, it does the job and more!

It's difficult to switch from Plaintiff to Defendant if you open a case the wrong way, especially if you already have a lot of information in the case.

Antwort von Smokeball

Thanks for your positive review, David. I'll pass your comment on to the development team. In the meantime please reach out if we can do anything additional.

Amber

Smokeball for the Win!

Kommentare: We needed a new software system because our old one (very old) was aging out of the version we used and was no longer going to be supported. When looking at other options with them, they determined that our firm just wasn't big enough for their software. They tried to sell us on a smaller platform that they had purchased, but after demo-ing for a week I knew it wouldn't work for us. Someone had mentioned Smokeball to me and to my boss. Since we had both gotten word of it from separate sources we decided to check it out. Kind of a "the universe is telling us something" sort of deal. Once I started working in the demo and seeing how integrated it was, I knew this is the one we wanted. And it was cheaper than our old system! Onboarding wasn't difficult at all. Because we are a smaller firm and we only wanted active cases in the new system we transferred the data from the old system to the new system ourselves. It took a few people a few weeks to get all the data in, but it was great because there was a field for everything and we were able to find a place to the put all the information. Since then, we have trained new employees very easily, we are all using the software to its fullest potential. We all watch extra webinars and training videos when they come up and are continuing to improve our use of the software. It is really a very easy system to learn. Everything is logical. The forms and templates are a dream to work with.

The thing I like most about Smokeball is how integrated with other programs it is. I can create and save Word documents from inside the software. E-mails and attachments in Outlook are so easy to link. We changed the way we use our scanner so that it goes to our e-mails instead of a folder on the old server because it is so easy to get the documents into the correct file and name them correctly at the same time through Outlook.

The only thing I feel like Smokeball is missing is a date calculator. I miss being able to calculate forward and backward choosing calendar days or court days and such. Calendaring rules are great, but sometimes I need to know when I can schedule a motion for BEFORE it is calendared.

vor 4 Monaten

Amber, thanks so much for your thoughtful review! We're thrilled that Smokeball is streamlining your processes and making your work more efficient. It's also great to hear that onboarding was easy and that Smokeball is intuitive to your new staff. I'll pass on your great feedback about calendaring dates to our product team. Thanks again!

Sharon
Attorney/Owner in USA
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great high tech automation but misses on basic options

Kommentare: I have gained a lot from using Smokeball, but I have had to give up things that I view as basic and simple needs in exchange. The company is open to hearing suggestions, but they are not quickly implemented. They are aware of the complaints that new users have, but they still don't discuss them in the sales demo. I would suggest buying one license only if you decide to try the software. You can add more later if you find that it works for you, but really use the software before adding more as it will take you a minute to realize all of the simple tasks it can't perform. If you have used other major software programs like Abacus or Practice Panther, you may not feel like the benefits are worth the hassle of the change. If this is your first case management system, you will be happy.

The integration with Microsoft Word and Outlook are great. Unlike other software programs, they work all the time and are easy to use. The templates and automation features help you save tremendous amounts of times doing routine work. The software does not crash and have bugs all the time like the previous software I used.

This is an out of the box, canned solution. Even on simple requests, ZERO customization is allowed. Also, they are HORRIBLE with allowing you to import data from other software systems. They basically expect each firm to just start over from scratch, other than importing contacts. This is crazy and unrealistic for small or large firms. Smokeball is a one size fits all tool that frequently falls short. It is very difficult to run reports. You have the ability to add labels and input data, but extremely limited ability to run reports to transform the data you have collected into useful information. During the demo, they show you nifty features like automated time keeping, but they neglect to tell you that if you turn on that feature, your invoices will get all messed up. You won't have the ability to itemize or discount each line item of work performed on the case, instead they group them together with a list of daily worked. There is a reason why they do not offer a try before you buy option or a month to month option. You have to sign up for a full year and then you are locked in.

Kathleen
Solo Practiciaon in USA

We Love Smokeball

Kommentare: We have found Smokeball helped us to increase our revenue due to the automatic posting of billable hours. It was easy to learn and the customer service has been great. The Smokeball staff is friendly and responsive.

Smokeball streamlined our time tracking and billing.

I can't really think of anything negative about the version we have. We wish we could afford the more comprehension system, but we are a solo office, and it gets pricey for our firm.

vor 3 Monaten

Kathleen, thanks so much for your review. Love to hear that your firm is getting value out of Smokeball and capturing your billables with automatic time capture. We appreciate you!

Joseph

Satisfied customer

Kommentare: I enjoy Smokeball and recently looked into Mycase. Do not consider Mycase. I was informed by Mycase that the integration process would be easy and would take 5-10 days. Those were lies. I have 4+ years in Smokeball with over 1000 files.

I am able to pull up any document while in court along with access to my client. I am able to conduct a conflict check within minutes.

The billing program requires me to exit out and enter another program. Least favorite part of Smokeball.

vor 6 Monaten

Thanks for your 5-star review, Joseph. I'm so glad to hear Smokeball makes conflicts checks a breeze and that you can access everything you need on the go.

Laura
Managing Partner in USA

I'd be lost without Smokeball

Kommentare: My firm has used Smokeball for almost 5 years, and I'm still as happy with it as the day we onboarded. There are certainly cheaper options out there (most of them browser based), but you really do get what you pay for and Smokeball does pretty much everything. The main PC software is a tank, and there's also a lighter phone/tablet app for use on the go. My office uses tons and tons of features (most of which I don't see any other firms in our area using), and I bet we still don't utilize even half of what Smokeball has to offer. The integrations are excellent, and from both efficiency and organization standpoints I just don't think it can be beat.

Tons of features, useful integrations, time-saving, organization

There are so many features that sometimes it's hard to wade through everything at a glance, but when I make time to sit down and do a deep dive I almost always find what I'm looking for and the setup is easy and straightforward.

vor 3 Monaten

Thanks so much for your review, Laura. Really smart that you invest time to learn about the new functionality. If you ever need assistance, training is included in your subscription and our Training and Support teams are here for you!

Edward C

An Invaluable Tool for Lawyers

Kommentare: Smokeball has increased my firm's ability to organize our client database and keep it updated and available on a moments notice.

The organization and accessibility Smokeball provides for my practice is invaluable. The integration of Word, Outlook, and the Smokeball overlay keeps all client matters easily organized and accessible from the cloud. Smokeball was integral for my practice to transition from paper heavy documents to a digitally based system. The ease of access provides on the spot support and client records by laptop or phone when at court or remote locations. As a bonus Smokeball integrates automatic billing through calendar and email events to help me keep track of billable hours. I am, and will continue to be, a dedicated and satisfied user.

The only con is the necessary time to input basic information on a client and client matter. However, once the initial input is complete it is transferable to new client matters.

Antwort von Smokeball

Thank you for this positive review. We love hearing the things that are working, but are also cognizant of the time it takes to input new data, too. We're always working to streamline this process for you. More to come!

Deidre'
Associate Attorney in USA

Good system

Kommentare: Good platform, very user friendly and good for the attorney and attorney's office.

Smokeball is a great platform. I've used Clio and MyCase, both of which are good, but I like Smokeball best.

The document integration was offered but never materialized. Also could be more accessible for the client.

vor 3 Monaten

Deidre, thanks so much for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear Smokeball is your favorite legal software. We'll connect with you to learn more about your needs around document integration. We want to ensure you're getting the full value out of your subscription. Thanks!

Kathy
Executive Coordinator in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Smokeball is a time saver!

Kommentare: I was surprised how easy it is to create workflows and letter templates! Creating our own workflows unique to each matter type has made staying on track so simple for our team. Technology may not be my strongest skill, but with input from our team I easily create workflows that are convenient to use and highly functional.

Smokeball is exceptionally user friendly. It integrates very well with with Outlook, and importing/exporting documents between OneDrive and Smokeball couldn't be easier. There are so many ways to customize the calendar, which makes scheduling a little less hectic!

I would like to see a quicker, more thorough conflict check feature.

vor 7 Monaten

Kathy, thanks so much for your review! We're thrilled that Smokeball is saving you time and streamlining work for your firm. I'll pass along your feedback on more thorough conflict checks.

Kelly
Acct Mgr & Legal Asst in USA

Smokeball - get it!

Kommentare: Great

I would have to say customer service is their best attribute. You never have to wait for a live person or have to wait for a response. They are very knowledgeable and on their game at all times

There are a couple areas in the calendaring spots that could be better tailored so you could change the categories, and in boost billing, you should be able to see the operating retainer balance as well as the trust balance

Peter
owner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

I don't know how you practice in a small firm without this product!

Kommentare: I truly don't know how any small firm practices without Smokeball. I purchased Smokeball for the email tacking capabilities, but pay for because I capture ever minute of my time on a time. Just one hour covers the monthly cost. I can barely return emails outside the system because I am so addicted to the cloud based tracking of all file activities. I can securely transfer large files, encrypt messages, and automate every day forms. i think I am NY's biggest fan of this small office management software! I don't even use all of its functions.

I can multitask so easily by opening multiple matters at a time-- can handle 50% more files and matters because of this product. They finally upgraded their iphone App-- now truly portable!

I am not trying to be contrite, but there are very few "least" likes about this product. Some of my clients hae problems utilizing their encryption tools called "communicate" because it requires google Chrome, but most figure it out-- I would use it more if it worked more seemlessly.

Stephanie

All in one

Kommentare: The law office I work at started using Smoke Ball about 5 years ago. I was hesitant at first because there's a lot to it and change is hard. Now I completely love that there are a lot of components to it. I absolutely love that SB is integrated with Outlook to save emails right to the client matter, this way I never forget to save them.
Smoke Ball has local & state court forms that pull the information from the client matter and add it to the documents for you. They can also create your own documents for you. For example, if there is a certain letter or form that you use, they will create it.
It is also very easy to e-file documents with the integration of Info Track. I am looking forward to other implementations of integrations with other products in the near future. It is so nice having one program that you use for emails, calendar, case management, and e-filing.

I love the fact that Smoke Ball is able to integrate with e-filing programs and Outlook for contacts and the calendar.

Sometimes it's a little slow, but that could be our internet.

Jeffrey
Senior Partner in USA

My Smokeball Experience

Kommentare: Simplicity of creating documents, ease of tracking deadlines with reminders

Several features: Self populating documents, ability to download any document to my, responsive customer service.

Sometimes WORD interferes with the software.

Antwort von Smokeball

Thank you for this lovely review, Jeffrey. We'll continue to squash bugs and make sure everything is working optimally for you at all times.

Brenda
Legal Secretary in USA

Makes work easier

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been good. I would highly recommend this system to any office. It really does help keep files and documents organized and is easy to use.

This is a great system. It's easy to use and has a lot of useful features. What I really like is once you have entered a contact for one matter, it's in the system and you don't have to re-enter the same information again. Merging several documents into one large document is made simple too. Also, editing PDF documents is super easy.

Getting started with this system can be time consuming. Having to enter in all the information from each case took a long time.

Antwort von Smokeball

Thanks for this positive review. We understand the investment required to learn and set up a new system, but we're also positive that the investment pays for itself over time. Please let us know if there are things we can do to help you realize this investment sooner.