Über Smokeball

Smokeball ist eine komplette cloudbasierte Produktivitätssoftware für Anwält*innen für PCs. Verwalte deine Mitarbeiter*innen und das gesamte Unternehmen an einem Ort.

Erfahre mehr über Smokeball

Smokeball functions are so helpful and make my daily tasks much easier and quicker. The outlook integration is one of my favorite aspects as my job mostly involves emailing.

Bewertungen zu Smokeball

Smokeball hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 258 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Smokeball bereits verwendet?

Amanda
Amanda
Rechtsberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Highly recommend

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

I've been using Smokeball for a couple years now, at my previous law firm and now my current. The system is super easy to use and I even recommended it to my current firm as they were searching for a new system. Would highly recommend.

I can't think of anything I dislike about Smokeball. The setup and use of the system has been easy and super helpful in cleaning up our previous system.

vor 2 Wochen

Amanda, this is wonderful to hear! We're so glad that Smokeball is easy to use and helping your firm run more efficiently. Thanks for your great review and high recommendation.

Nicole
Nicole
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Paralegal review

My firm has used Smokeball for over 5 years. Every employee at the firm uses Smokeball daily, even those that would consider themselves to be less tech savvy. Smokeball has a number of features that I personally use daily, including an integrated feature through InfoTrack that allows me to easily electronically file pleadings directly from my matter. We have also created forms and templates that make generating pleadings and documents so easy without spending time messing with formatting. The customer support is always available to assist if I have any questions. They also have the ability to "remote in" on my computer to take care of any behind the scenes techy things that I don't know how to do myself.

The pros far outweigh the cons. I feel like there are always updates rolling out, so once we work through the bugs, Smokeball works seamlessly for exactly what we need it to do.

vor 7 Monaten

Nicole, it's so great that your firm finds Smokeball easy to use and is leveraging the powerful automation features and integrations. Thanks for your great review!

Alex

Disingenuous Company. Dead End Product. Stay Away

Kommentare: I said I wanted API access. They said, "what's an API?" I sent them a link to their website showing where they provide API access to developers. They refused. This became an issue because they will not provide your client and matter data in a useful format. It's a lawyer-run company. The support staff is legalistic and misleading. I would not do business with them again. I don't think "they'll make it right" if you have an issue. I know I sound like a crank. But I feel pretty badly treated by them and in 2023 the lack of an open API is insane. Now that I have my data out of their system, I am no longer hostage to their garbage. If I had read a review like this during my evaluation, I hope that I would have hesitated and made a different choice.

The software has a point of view. Its ideal user is a middle-aged tech-phobic lawyer that needs most decisions made for him.For that reason, the software makes a lot of choices for you. And mostly they are fine choices if you want a desktop-based app and a forms-heavy practice.They oversell their integration with MS Word and Outlook. Their custom add-ins are slow to load and unimpressive.If you truly want to play in the MS Dataverse, which I think is a smart long-term play, then use a product that integrates with Sharepoint and Teams. Also, the app is a POS.

This software is a technical dead end. They will never have an open API and integrate with the web. But if you ask for it, they "will submit a feature request" despite the fact they actually have an API that developers can use.They will not help you export your data. They provide you with your files in an unstructured mess of separate .csv files and client folders.They answer the customer service number 1 out of 5 calls. They shuttle you to email, where the support doesn't read the emails you send.Their document automation team screwed up my documents. I sent templates in Georgia 11 and got back documents with a mixture of Times New Roman 12 and Georgia. I sent over documents with tables for signature blocks and got back documents where the signature block was done with an underline and space bar.

letztes Jahr

Alex, we're very sorry to not be able to count you among our satisfied clients. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service with an average <30-minute response time to support tickets as well as a high satisfaction rating on automation of client documents. In an effort to preserve the integrity of our system for our clients, we have intentionally chosen to properly vet any integrations to our software resulting in developer only access to our API by approved tech companies. Our clients absolutely have access to their data and have the option to remove that data from their account using the methods provided in the software. Again, we're sorry if you felt the available options didn't meet your needs. We appreciate your feedback on our product, and the process of retrieving your data, and wish you the best.

Jacob
Associate Attorney in USA

One Year Later

Kommentare: Overall, the experience has been excellent. Other than the mobile application leaving much to be desired, the desktop-based application has been fantastic. They offer a wide variety of functionality, and their technical development team has been incredibly helpful in responding to our communications with them. There is so much good to be said about the product offered. Having seen a number of other practice management solutions, nobody else comes close to the full functionality of Smokeball for most practice areas.

Smokeball is an incredibly easy platform to use, and is a true "all in one" platform for practice management.

Smokeball's mobile application needs serious work.

vor 2 Monaten

Jacob, we're so glad to hear that your experience with Smokeball has been fantastic and that when it comes to practice management solutions, no one comes close to Smokeball! We so appreciate your 5-star review.

Troy
Law Office Manager, Private Investigator in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Smokeball Review - Cost = $$$$ - Value = Priceless!

Kommentare: Very friendly and helpful and out to see you succeed and get the most from the software. Everyone seems to have law firm experience from the Implementation Specialist and Account Manager who have many years of experience as a Paralegal to the Billing Trainer who is a Lawyer and they know what they are recommending or helping with and why. You are not alone, you have a great support staff, video training, webinar training, one on one training etc. Believe it or not...the Sales guy didn't lie.....pretty much everything he sold us on during the demo is true!

It tracks everything. Training and onboarding are fantastic. Customer Support is on top of things and great to help and give feedback. Everyone I have worked with seems to be an expert in the field with solid law firm experience backing their recommendations or help with the software. The integration with Ring Central, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word is SEAMLESS and PRICELESS! The Communicate App for the Client is great as well and even those clients that have previously said they don't text or use apps now use the Communicate app with ease (and seem to like it).

There are reports I would like to be able to customize for MY use vs a canned approach. As well as saving Favorite Reports the way I want them ran. I would also like to write my own reports. However, there is a great selection of reports that will make the majority of users very happy. Auto-time sometimes tracks too much time, however, it is better to see all and code those items as non billed vs not seeing the tracked time at all.

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks for your thorough 5-star review, Troy! We're delighted that Smokeball was everything you needed--and maybe even more. We appreciate your feedback on reports and are so glad you've enjoyed working with our team. We're here for you!

Tracy

Smokebal

Kommentare: I have used Smokeball for years. The features and customer service are phenomenal. I have used other programs that left me frustrated and having to use multiple programs to obtain less that perfect results. The reporting features let me stay on top of all things case related as well as keeping my firm profitability at my fingertips. I highly recommend Smokeball to everyone!

The integration with microsoft office, zoom, ring central, infotrack, and now TxDocs make Smokeball my hands down favorite. Smokeball communicate allows clients real time "text" access without having to give out personal numbers and is a wonderful customer service option. Reporting features are especially great for things such as "paid vs. incurred" and litigation deadlines.

Smokeball and mac are not friends. There is a work-around, but I hope to see mac fully integrated in the future.

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks so much for your 5-star review, Tracy. We're thrilled you continue to find so much value in Smokeball and are grateful to have clients like you!

Brennan

Useful and Intuitive

Smokeball is useful for managing any number of client files. The fact that it keeps contacts across all cases makes it easy to send form letters and make service lists. It also auto-generates captions.

I wish I could download documents from smoke ball directly rather than opening them and clicking save as and saving it. Maybe there's a better way to do it, but I haven't learned it.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for your review, Brennan. To quickly download a document from Smokeball to your computer, you will just right-click on the file and select export. If you have any other questions, our Support team is always here for you! https://support.smokeball.com/hc/en-us

Michelle
Rechtsberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We couldn't practice law without it

Kommentare: We are so happy that we found Smokeball four years ago and couldn't imagine our business running as seamlessly with any other case management software.

It is very easy to use and they keep updating the product. If we have an issue, they are quick to help us.

Sometimes there are glitches and the calendars don't update or we have to wait for tickets to get responded to.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for your review, Michelle. We love to hear that Smokeball is essential to your practice. We're always here for you!

Tim
Partner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Smokeball works well

It is more robust than browser based formats. Many people use it and in general its pretty strong.

Outlook and smokeball dont always go together like peas and carrots. Sometimes syncing can take a bit.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for your 5-star review, Tim!

Matt
Managing Attorney in USA

Smokeball is a game changer for Family Law

Kommentare: Great customer service and friendly team,

Document Automation and Auto Time Tracking

Mobile Apps Communicate is clunky on mobile. IOS app is hard to use and doesn’t include auto time tracking.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for your review, Matt! So glad Smokeball has been a game-changer for your family law firm.

Richard
Attorney / Member in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great organziation for a small legal practice

Kommentare: A very positive experience. After dealing with another practice management suite from one of the large, uncaring legal publishing companies, it is a breath of fresh air to be able to work with people who are responsive to and care about our needs and how we work rather than how they want to force us to work.

Being able to corral the mountains of emails and documents that pass back and forth in a legal transaction is great.

At times, the online nature of the software means you are waiting a few heartbeats for a page to load up. It is not unbearable.

Owner/Member in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

GREAT product with ease of use!!

Kommentare: Overall, it's been great! Such an easy program to use and very thorough!

The ease of use is awesome! Document automation is also great!! It's easy to track nearly everything. In essence, it does the job and more!

It's difficult to switch from Plaintiff to Defendant if you open a case the wrong way, especially if you already have a lot of information in the case.

Antwort von Smokeball

Thanks for your positive review, David. I'll pass your comment on to the development team. In the meantime please reach out if we can do anything additional.

Amber

Smokeball for the Win!

Kommentare: We needed a new software system because our old one (very old) was aging out of the version we used and was no longer going to be supported. When looking at other options with them, they determined that our firm just wasn't big enough for their software. They tried to sell us on a smaller platform that they had purchased, but after demo-ing for a week I knew it wouldn't work for us. Someone had mentioned Smokeball to me and to my boss. Since we had both gotten word of it from separate sources we decided to check it out. Kind of a "the universe is telling us something" sort of deal. Once I started working in the demo and seeing how integrated it was, I knew this is the one we wanted. And it was cheaper than our old system! Onboarding wasn't difficult at all. Because we are a smaller firm and we only wanted active cases in the new system we transferred the data from the old system to the new system ourselves. It took a few people a few weeks to get all the data in, but it was great because there was a field for everything and we were able to find a place to the put all the information. Since then, we have trained new employees very easily, we are all using the software to its fullest potential. We all watch extra webinars and training videos when they come up and are continuing to improve our use of the software. It is really a very easy system to learn. Everything is logical. The forms and templates are a dream to work with.

The thing I like most about Smokeball is how integrated with other programs it is. I can create and save Word documents from inside the software. E-mails and attachments in Outlook are so easy to link. We changed the way we use our scanner so that it goes to our e-mails instead of a folder on the old server because it is so easy to get the documents into the correct file and name them correctly at the same time through Outlook.

The only thing I feel like Smokeball is missing is a date calculator. I miss being able to calculate forward and backward choosing calendar days or court days and such. Calendaring rules are great, but sometimes I need to know when I can schedule a motion for BEFORE it is calendared.

vor 8 Monaten

Amber, thanks so much for your thoughtful review! We're thrilled that Smokeball is streamlining your processes and making your work more efficient. It's also great to hear that onboarding was easy and that Smokeball is intuitive to your new staff. I'll pass on your great feedback about calendaring dates to our product team. Thanks again!

Andrew
Lawyer in USA

A Good Investment

Kommentare: We are moving toward a paperless office, and have a better sense of organization, because with Smokeball, we know where everything is, and it's easy to find.

That it is cloud-based makes is usable anywhere: home, office, while traveling. That's especially important now, given the limitations imposed by Covid 19. I appreciate the ability to have all emails related to a case appear in the same place. I like the automation features, particularly for drafting quick letters.

There are still technical issues involving the relationship between Smokeball and Outlook, and even when everything works smoothly, which is most of the time, the loading of both programs takes a while.

Antwort von Smokeball

Thanks for your positive response. We'll gladly admit to being a bit more than some competitors but we're also happy to point out that our users get more features and value for the price, too.

Sharon
Attorney/Owner in USA
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great high tech automation but misses on basic options

Kommentare: I have gained a lot from using Smokeball, but I have had to give up things that I view as basic and simple needs in exchange. The company is open to hearing suggestions, but they are not quickly implemented. They are aware of the complaints that new users have, but they still don't discuss them in the sales demo. I would suggest buying one license only if you decide to try the software. You can add more later if you find that it works for you, but really use the software before adding more as it will take you a minute to realize all of the simple tasks it can't perform. If you have used other major software programs like Abacus or Practice Panther, you may not feel like the benefits are worth the hassle of the change. If this is your first case management system, you will be happy.

The integration with Microsoft Word and Outlook are great. Unlike other software programs, they work all the time and are easy to use. The templates and automation features help you save tremendous amounts of times doing routine work. The software does not crash and have bugs all the time like the previous software I used.

This is an out of the box, canned solution. Even on simple requests, ZERO customization is allowed. Also, they are HORRIBLE with allowing you to import data from other software systems. They basically expect each firm to just start over from scratch, other than importing contacts. This is crazy and unrealistic for small or large firms. Smokeball is a one size fits all tool that frequently falls short. It is very difficult to run reports. You have the ability to add labels and input data, but extremely limited ability to run reports to transform the data you have collected into useful information. During the demo, they show you nifty features like automated time keeping, but they neglect to tell you that if you turn on that feature, your invoices will get all messed up. You won't have the ability to itemize or discount each line item of work performed on the case, instead they group them together with a list of daily worked. There is a reason why they do not offer a try before you buy option or a month to month option. You have to sign up for a full year and then you are locked in.

Kathleen
Solo Practiciaon in USA

We Love Smokeball

Kommentare: We have found Smokeball helped us to increase our revenue due to the automatic posting of billable hours. It was easy to learn and the customer service has been great. The Smokeball staff is friendly and responsive.

Smokeball streamlined our time tracking and billing.

I can't really think of anything negative about the version we have. We wish we could afford the more comprehension system, but we are a solo office, and it gets pricey for our firm.

vor 7 Monaten

Kathleen, thanks so much for your review. Love to hear that your firm is getting value out of Smokeball and capturing your billables with automatic time capture. We appreciate you!

Joseph

Satisfied customer

Kommentare: I enjoy Smokeball and recently looked into Mycase. Do not consider Mycase. I was informed by Mycase that the integration process would be easy and would take 5-10 days. Those were lies. I have 4+ years in Smokeball with over 1000 files.

I am able to pull up any document while in court along with access to my client. I am able to conduct a conflict check within minutes.

The billing program requires me to exit out and enter another program. Least favorite part of Smokeball.

vor 10 Monaten

Thanks for your 5-star review, Joseph. I'm so glad to hear Smokeball makes conflicts checks a breeze and that you can access everything you need on the go.

Laura
Managing Partner in USA

I'd be lost without Smokeball

Kommentare: My firm has used Smokeball for almost 5 years, and I'm still as happy with it as the day we onboarded. There are certainly cheaper options out there (most of them browser based), but you really do get what you pay for and Smokeball does pretty much everything. The main PC software is a tank, and there's also a lighter phone/tablet app for use on the go. My office uses tons and tons of features (most of which I don't see any other firms in our area using), and I bet we still don't utilize even half of what Smokeball has to offer. The integrations are excellent, and from both efficiency and organization standpoints I just don't think it can be beat.

Tons of features, useful integrations, time-saving, organization

There are so many features that sometimes it's hard to wade through everything at a glance, but when I make time to sit down and do a deep dive I almost always find what I'm looking for and the setup is easy and straightforward.

vor 7 Monaten

Thanks so much for your review, Laura. Really smart that you invest time to learn about the new functionality. If you ever need assistance, training is included in your subscription and our Training and Support teams are here for you!

Sharbel

Easy to maneuver

Kommentare: Very good. Happy I made the change to use Smokeball for my practice.

I like how easy it is to access the client's file. I do not need the hard file in order to review documents, share documents, and file documents.

The fact that the free website went away. When Smokeball was initially being presented to me, it included a free website, which I used for several years. Eventually they decided to do away with the website; now I pay $100 per month for a website. AND my smokeball subscription cost went up.

vor 6 Monaten

We're so glad that Smokeball is easy to use and was a positive change for your practice. To ensure we were providing the best solution to our clients, we partnered with LawLytics for website service. We understand that no one likes increased costs, but we're glad you believe Smokeball is worth the money. Thanks for your review, Sharbel!

Angelika

Smokeball Review

Kommentare: I have enjoyed using smokeball and it has made real estate law a lot smoother.

I like being able to access all my files on one platform that can be shared with my team

The integration without look sometimes freezes and I have been having issues with outlook. It would be nice if there was an integration with Gmail.

vor 10 Monaten

Thanks for your review, Angelika. We love hearing that you and your team have a single source of truth to work from. The Outlook integration should be seamless. If you continue to experience issues, please reach out to our Support team. (Support and training are included with your subscription.)

James
Managing Partner in USA

Good Product - Very customizable

Kommentare: Generally speaking, no serious problems.

We have access to all of our files during this remote work period. It is easy to scan & add documents to the files and keep them organized. The system syncs with Outlook and Word in order to communicate through E-mail and create documents. The feature to create letters with our letterhead pre-loaded is great. The overall system give us a lot of options. We do not use the billing features because of our contingency-fee work. And I think we could use it more for client expenses if we work to train everyone and implement that. It is a good system.

It is expensive. I believe that it's worth what we pay, but it is not inexpensive.

Antwort von Smokeball

Thanks for the positive review, James. We understand that our price appears higher than our competitors, but we hope the value is worth it. Likewise our product is alone in the market in being all-in-one. So while others offer free trials and cheap entry-level packages, they are actually more expensive once you add all of their add-ons to get to Smokeball's level of functionality. And even then you won't get the personal account management and service we promise to our users!

Marianne
Legal Assistant in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Smokeball is Desparate for your money

Kommentare: Our firm has used Smokeball legal software since 2016. We have had 2 licenses which we paid for monthly/yearly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in our firm, passed away unexpectedly in December, 2019 at age 64. Our open cases were referred to outside counsel. The practice was closed on March 31, 2020. I have been working with Smokeball in a round-about way since the beginning of March. Smokeball refuses to refund the unused portion of our license renewal which is approximately 1 year, over $2,000. No one is using the Smokeball licenses and they have not been used for 3 months. User beware. I feel this is a scam. This could happen to you!

The best feature is being able to e-file directly from the matter.

Customer service passes you from one person to another. No one can answer your questions. Terrible customer service. When I asked to have our files backed up to close the account, 92 files did not come over.

Antwort von Smokeball

I'm very sorry to read this. We're aware of this case, and I've escalated it in order to address it as quickly as possible. Of course we're terribly sorry for the circumstances, but we can assure you that we're neither desperate for your money nor a scam; this is an unfortunate case that we'll do our best to assuage.

Kathy
Executive Coordinator in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Smokeball is a time saver!

Kommentare: I was surprised how easy it is to create workflows and letter templates! Creating our own workflows unique to each matter type has made staying on track so simple for our team. Technology may not be my strongest skill, but with input from our team I easily create workflows that are convenient to use and highly functional.

Smokeball is exceptionally user friendly. It integrates very well with with Outlook, and importing/exporting documents between OneDrive and Smokeball couldn't be easier. There are so many ways to customize the calendar, which makes scheduling a little less hectic!

I would like to see a quicker, more thorough conflict check feature.

vor 11 Monaten

Kathy, thanks so much for your review! We're thrilled that Smokeball is saving you time and streamlining work for your firm. I'll pass along your feedback on more thorough conflict checks.

Kelly
Acct Mgr & Legal Asst in USA

Smokeball - get it!

Kommentare: Great

I would have to say customer service is their best attribute. You never have to wait for a live person or have to wait for a response. They are very knowledgeable and on their game at all times

There are a couple areas in the calendaring spots that could be better tailored so you could change the categories, and in boost billing, you should be able to see the operating retainer balance as well as the trust balance

Peter
owner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

I don't know how you practice in a small firm without this product!

Kommentare: I truly don't know how any small firm practices without Smokeball. I purchased Smokeball for the email tacking capabilities, but pay for because I capture ever minute of my time on a time. Just one hour covers the monthly cost. I can barely return emails outside the system because I am so addicted to the cloud based tracking of all file activities. I can securely transfer large files, encrypt messages, and automate every day forms. i think I am NY's biggest fan of this small office management software! I don't even use all of its functions.

I can multitask so easily by opening multiple matters at a time-- can handle 50% more files and matters because of this product. They finally upgraded their iphone App-- now truly portable!

I am not trying to be contrite, but there are very few "least" likes about this product. Some of my clients hae problems utilizing their encryption tools called "communicate" because it requires google Chrome, but most figure it out-- I would use it more if it worked more seemlessly.