Clover - the Wonder tool!

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Raymond B.
Senior Operations Executive
Marktforschung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Clover has been an absolutely fantastic tool to use! I use it every day and love every minute of it! It has transformed my working life from sheer boredom (doing the same manual processes month after month) to being excited to come into work every day. For the team in the company I work in, it has been utilized to greatly decrease the turnaround time and data quality of the reports that we provide our clients.

Vorteile: - Clover gives you complete control of the data so that you are able to take any data input and turn it into the required data output. It also gives you the ability to validate any data input. Also, its speed of processing from input to output is fantastic. Tasks which once took hours to do now take minutes!

Nachteile: - one thing - it would be good if it could handle more file types such as Word or pdf documents.

CloverDX review

Bewertet am 12.6.2019
Bill B.
Software Engineer
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love that I don't need to loop against master records due to data parallelism. We haven't used data services yet, but are excited to use when we have the need for our own APIs. The product isn't always easy to use because of the items listed in the cons section.
I'd really like to see:
1. The ability to embed dictionary values in SQL components the way you can with parameters
2. Be able to use jobflow components on a CloverDX as well as a server project. A big part of my clover work is the design of moving between jobflows and graphs. I have found developing with a CloverDX project useless because I can only design/code jobflows on a server project.

Vorteile: Data parallelism
Data services can be used to create web services
XML Writer

Nachteile: Jobflow components can only be used on server projects
Dictionary values cannot be embedded in SQL statements
Managing meta data within jobflow/graphs can be tedious (as compared to SSIS)
Not much documentation other than Clover documentation (when I Google CloverDX topics)

Clover is convenient

Bewertet am 24.6.2019
Lebensmittelproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CloverDX has helped my business run smoothly and keep things organized. I would definitely recommend.

Vorteile: Using CloverDX was super easy once I got it all set up & going. I love how easy it is to customize things like settings, display, accounts, categories, and subcategories. It has definitely made my work life easier.

Nachteile: There should be a tutorial on the initial setup.

First time user

Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Jason H.
Senior Developer

Vorteile: This is the first time I have used an ETL tool and having manually coded ETL's in the past, I am impressed by the versatility and scope of CloverDX and in particular the ease of reading and writing data from anywhere to anywhere. It has been a fairly steep learning curve but well worth it and the Clover training course helped immensely in understanding how to understand and leverage the features of the tool. I use Clover daily and would see little point going back to hand coding ETL's

Nachteile: Some of the more complicated components can take a bit of working out how and when to use them. A lot of the functionality requires the server component to be purchased which is an expensive option when only a few of the features would be needed e.g calling a graph as a service.

Very Usefull!

Bewertet am 20.4.2017
Adriana N.

Kommentare: It is very useful for me because I need to process huge data daily. Its wonderful speed I allows to improve processing time of the data.