Über Kindful

Kindful bietet eine leistungsstarke Spendermanagementsoftware, die gemeinnützigen Organisationen hilft, Daten zu organisieren und Spender*innen besser zu verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über Kindful

Nikki W.
Director of Business and Finance
  • Bewertet am 17.12.2019

"Great for a mid sized non-profit and amazing customer service"

Kommentare: Overall, I love the ease of use of the software. My team isn't intimidated by it and are able to get on and navigate it well. Usually, if there is something that isn't easily available, the Kindful team will find a work around for the problem.

Vorteile: I love the ease of use of this software. And when I don't know how to do something, their customer service team is always available to talk and will figure it out. Kindful's customer service is beyond anything I have ever experienced.

Nachteile: There are a couple of features that I think should be available but are not. However, I have found that no software has it all.

Andrew H.
  • Bewertet am 7.2.2020

"Kindful: Simple for somethings, but not very flexible"

Kommentare: In general it has been good in that it enabled us to take payments from donors and recurring payments and ACH payments. But I feel that we are struggling to get it working the way it should or to fully meet our needs.

Vorteile: I really like the fact that Kindful has a clean interface and makes certain things really simple: e.g. running a campaign, accepting donations online, setting up automatic emails to thank people, etc.

Nachteile: Somethings just seem much harder than they should be. e.g. (1) designing reports to work the way you want them to. In most cases you have to export it to Excel and muck around with it there - even things like column ordering is non definable. (2) Integration with Mailchimp for instance works, as long as you do it exactly as they want. For instance, Mailchimp sets users Country to "United States", Kindful sets it to "United States of America". So, guess what - the contacts will not sync to Mailchimp! I updated all the country names in Mailchimp and it still did not work. Advice from Kindful= perhaps don't collect that information!? (3) Groups sound powerful (e.g. group all the people who live in a certain geographic area) BUT they are not dynamic. So you add a new user for that area and they don't end up in the group! Until you re-run the rules or manually add them to the group. This is super unhelpful - there definitely ought to be an auto-update option. (4) When you set up groups based on a set of rules, you can't go back and edit the criteria for the selection. I don't think you can even see what the criteria was...?? It's frustrating because the software has lots of great features and it works hard to be simple. It's just that somethings don't work as well as you expect them to. I don't think that this is a trade off of functionality for simplicity's sake - it just seems lacking in places.

Colleen I.
Development Director
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 13.8.2018

"A clumsy, confusing attempt at a Donor CRM system"

Vorteile: It is better than the system we were using before, which was not a CRM platform. We have the capability to add notes and upload documents to a constituent's record. That's about it.

Nachteile: Our problems with Kindful began with the data upload. Some of our batches were uploaded twice and the support team at Kindful could do nothing to rectify it. Once your data is into the system, it's a complete mess to view. It's organized in abstract boxes across the screen and difficult to filter for the info you need. We were excited that the platform integrated with MailChimp- but this has proven to be an awful integration. Kindful makes note of every time someone clicks on the email, so some records show as many as 20-30 actions for one sent email (apparently when users delete their emails in batches, this heightens the problem). Creating reports in Kindful is essentially impossible. Selecting your filters for output and view fields is difficult (a selection of check boxes organized alphabetically, not categorically). And once you finally create the awful report- you can save it, but can't go back and make any changes to the criteria you've set. So basically, start over. Then you might want to acknowledge your donors- good luck, because the merge fields are basic and dysfunctional, and the letters are ONLY generated as a PDF- so you can't edit them. Even the best of CRM systems doesn't get this perfect, and needs to offer editing capability. I also only learned the hard way that if you upload a gift manually, the system is going to automatically send an acknowledgement to that recipient unless you tell it otherwise. Overall- pay more for a slightly better system. Kindful is one of the cheapest on the market, and I can 100% see why.

von Bradley an 21.8.2018

Colleen, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take immense pride in providing software that makes donor management easier and provides meaningful insights into your donors. I want to start off by saying that I have reviewed your comments and suggestions with our support, onboarding and product teams as we do with all reviews and we will take all of your suggestions into consideration.

I do want to make sure I address a few of your comments directly:

As it pertains to the data our team helped you upload - It is important to understand that the quality of the data being uploaded is very important and that our team often works through duplication issues with many of our clients when they are bringing in data from multiple sources. It is common to initially have many duplicates. Your case was a bit more complex than many we see so we escalated the issue to our engineering team to have them help get everything deduped properly. However, I did see on August 1st that you had declined our offer for further help. Our team would love to help address any challenges you may be having here. If you’d like to reconsider our offer, please do not hesitate to reach out. We’re committed to ensuring that every new organization that joins Kindful starts with accurate data in our platform.

We are also so sorry to hear that you’re not finding value in our reporting and donor profiles. These are two areas that our clients rave about in Kindful. They love the ability to filter and report at a high level and also review in-depth data on individual donors and specific donor groups. I have asked Jared, your onboarding rep, to reach back out to see if we can provide any additional training around these features free of charge - As with any new system, there is a bit of a learning curve. We want to be sure you’re fully utilizing all of the features at your disposal and clarify any questions or concerns you may have.

As you continue to use Kindful we hope that you will find the tool as useful as so many of our organizations do, and just know that you can always reach our support team by phone or email during business hours to help you through any questions or concerns you have.

• Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 13.8.2018
Tara O.
  • Bewertet am 2.1.2020

"A Great Gift for a Growing Non-profit"

Kommentare: Our donor retention has increased, our organization and capacity for communication has more than double. We love Kindful!

Vorteile: When we decided to implement Kindful as our donor management and CRM software, we didn't realize the gift that we were giving ourselves as an organization. Kindful has allowed us to grow and scale in a way that wasn't possible before implementation. It has given us insight and helped us with donor retention. It has reduced our workload and made growth possible.

Nachteile: It's such a powerful tool that it can be difficult to learn sometimes; however, compared to other tools out there, it's a beautiful interface with a much shorter learning curve.

• Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Jim V.
Musik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.12.2019

"A step forward"

Kommentare: To date, it has been a positive experience from data entry to reporting. I hope, with the recent hire of an administrative manager, that we will make better use of the software.

Vorteile: After one year of using another product, I requested that my team member investigate other options. After reviewing several options, Kindful seemed to match the needs we had and addressed the paths that we hoped to go. We are still in the learning curve of the many features, but the software has been very helpful in achieving what we need.

Nachteile: I have not had too many negative experiences with the software. I wish there was a way to print the dashboard for overview reports for my board. If there is a way I would like to learn it.

• Bewertet am 21.12.2019
Jennifer H.
Development & Communications Director
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 17.12.2019

"Kindful has saved my life (only partially kidding) "

Kommentare: The customer service is fantastic - every person is helpful and kind and I can get someone on the phone. An actual PERSON. Our data migration was handled beautifully. There is so much training I wish I had time to take advantage of.

Vorteile: This program is so intuitive and well designed it just blows my mind. I'm still learning the ropes but every time I think "Hm I wonder if I can do ...." I realize that Kindful either automatically does that thing or makes it incredibly easy to do. Tasks that used to take me 20 minutes are now literally done automatically. It has a great "brain" that seems to sense what I need and how to deliver it to me quickly. The user interface is also beautiful, which is super important to me.

Nachteile: The only thing I don't like is that it does not make it easy to work with couples as a contact. (So Mr. and Mrs. Jones vs. Mr. Jones.) You can convert them to an organization vs and individual, so it's a minor quibble. I also wish that you could use and add more images on the templates.

Jeremy H.
Board President
  • Bewertet am 7.2.2020

"Kindful continues to grow"

Kommentare: We needed a place to both store historical donor data as well as organize a capital campaign as well as a sustaining campaign.

Vorteile: Ease of setup and use
Capture of information from Paypal
Automated tax receipts and easy end of year tax documents

Nachteile: Lack of ability to setup and link different paypal / payment accounts to each of the different campaigns
Awkward interactions when you are both an admin and a donor
Limited customization of public facing donation pages.

Cristi R.
Founder/President
  • Bewertet am 3.1.2020

"Definitely a Win!"

Kommentare: We love the software. I couldn't imagine running my organization without it.

Vorteile: I love that we no longer have to send receipts at the end of the year. It saves me hours of time. The fact that it interfaces with our accounting program has cut down time for our accountant and helped him keep track of donors. Perhaps the biggest win for us is that we get our donations within a few days. The last donor management system we used only paid out once a month.

Nachteile: The expense. It is competitively priced but as a small non profit it's a chunk out of our budget.

• Bewertet am 3.1.2020
Catherine H.
Director of Development
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2019

"Kindful is a great way to keep track of our donors"

Kommentare: I've enjoyed using Kindful to keep track of donations, supporter info, create contact lists, and track my progress as a fundraiser. My overall experience has been very positive!

Vorteile: I like that it's really user friendly, simple to view different lists, create groups, spreadsheets, and your customer service is really great!

Nachteile: I wish there was an email tracking system in the software, so I could select a group of donors, send them an email, and then view opens/clicks/etc.

Paul L.
  • Bewertet am 18.12.2019

"FCPO-USA's Kindful Review"

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been very positive. We are just a small staff that we have not been able to dig in to all the features available yet.

Vorteile: Easy to learn, use and implement.
Report configurations.
In fact all the features Kindful has and the cost.

Nachteile: We have not found any cons. We are just a small staff that we have not been able to dig in to all the features available yet.

• Bewertet am 18.12.2019
Director Of Development
  • Bewertet am 29.7.2019

"Customer Service and Powerful Updates make this an excellent CRM"

Kommentare: We use Kindful for all our donor, sponsor and grant tracking. It has all the features of any of the competitors and has an aesthetically pleasing, easy to use interface. I love the follow up tasks option, which helps for good donors stewardship. It also recently has a Wealth Data option integrated into the software. We don't pay for the extra, but event with our minimal plan, we get a little information. It's been great for a smooth transition in staff, since it's easy to see donor giving history, relationships with other people/org, as well as contact histroy.

Vorteile: The customer service is INSANE. It's timely and they will work with you until theyu find a solution. Even more, many issues I've had have been resolved when they do updates. They really listen to their customers and take their feedback into mind when doing updates.

Nachteile: There are very limited options for customizing mail. It's a great option to be able to automatically send tax receipts, but I wish we could upload a custom header. You can upload your logo, but it appears small on the pdf.

• Bewertet am 29.7.2019
David S.
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 13.10.2017

"I use Kindful for our non-profit accounting and donor management (CRM)"

Vorteile: Kindful is designed to be part of - not the whole of - a CRM/fund accounting strategy. The upside of this is that you are not pigeonholed into one system forever - it is designed to play nicely with other programs/systems. Once you go through the learning curve, the program is straightforward and easy to use. Customer support is fantastic for questions. I have to manually enter quite a few transactions, and it is much easier to do with Kindful than with Quickbooks. Automatic reports to my board of directors are fantastic. Also, for fund based accounting, this is much simpler to use than quickbooks - I do the math through kindful and my accountant does it through quickbooks - the information is automatically shared through the quickbooks integration. Zapier integration means you can get information in and out of kindful easily. Different price points for different organization sizes is key - a low cost entry point was a big deal for me.

Nachteile: Not the most intuitive layout, so takes some time getting used to, but once you do it is a very powerful tool. Looks good on a desktop, but not on iphone display. Integration with quickbooks is my main goal and is not perfect - numbers sync fine but sometimes followup is necessary to make sure the accounts/funds are credited properly. Would love to see an integration with campaign monitor for emails and a better to-do/task sharing interface (like basecamp).

von Kindful an 18.10.2017

Hey David,

Thanks a million for the positive review! We're extremely grateful for the overwhelmingly positive comments you have about Kindful. Our main focus is being a platform that can connect to the services you need ¿ so it's a huge pat on our back to hear that you're able to use the QuickBooks and Zapier integrations to improve your accounting and database management.

We also appreciate the critical feedback. Improving the QuickBooks integration is on our radar, as well as improving mobile friendliness. It's also good to know how our customers prefer to use tasks/to-do's, so that feedback is huge as well.

Thanks again for the awesome review. It's very thorough and lets us in on the ways our customers are using Kindful. We're grateful to have you in the Kindful family! ¿¿

- Jared E

• Bewertet am 13.10.2017
Brittany D.
Donor Relations Specialist
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2017

"We use it daily and it is very user friendly. Even those of us who aren't tech-savvy can 'get it'."

Kommentare: More streamlined than our previous interface, more user friendly.

Vorteile: I like the way everything is organized, Dashboard/Activities/Contacts... I like how reports can be automatic from the system straight to my email, daily. I like that once the credit card/ACH info is entered, we don't actually have access to those numbers, and helps with PCI compliance. When there is an issue, we email support and they respond promptly, within 24 hours, and are very friendly and very helpful. I love the size of Kindful, because I feel like they still take input from clients to improve their systems.

Nachteile: When a donor makes a donation and pays for the transaction fee, you have to go in manually and split the transaction fee from the donation. On days that we have recurring transactions come out, it takes us an incredible amount of time for us to find and go through all the transactions to manually split the transaction fees from the donation itself. That is very time consuming. I personally call donors often, and there is a way to make a 'note' on the donor's profile, however, to access the last time I called, I would need to scroll through transactions to find the last note or go out and create a report. There should be a 'note book' that I can open and see all our correspondence, no matter if the call was in 2012 or today. (Both of which I have brought up with Kindful Support, and they know it's an issue we have with the software).

Hi, Brittany!

Thanks for such a great review. It sounds like you're getting a ton out of the software, and that really excites and energizes us. We love seeing our customers succeed!

I really appreciate what you had to say about the size of Kindful. We really want to be personable with our customers (which includes receiving and responding to feedback!), and it sounds like you've had that experience. I also wanted you to know we've also started rolling out phone support for all customers, so you can reach our nice folks during normal business hours at (888) 854-3230.

As for the transaction fee splitting and notes view, those are both great ideas that I'll pass along to our product designers. I'm hopeful we can work on those as future updates!

Thanks again for writing in. Talk to you soon,
- Jared

Clay C.
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2017

"This CRM is easy to use, saves us time and money as well as provides a good platform for donations. "

Vorteile: The software is very easy to use, which means more of my staff will use it on a daily basis. The integrations with 3rd party vendors is fantastic. I can now capture all my PayPal donors data and it ties in with MailChimp nicely. The donation pages are very nice and allow me to segregate donations and allocate them to different campaigns and funds. The ability to allow the donor to cover the credit card fees has saved us per year as over 50% of people cover the fees. The email support is good and usually able to resolve an issue in less than 24 hours. I am very happy with Kindful.

Nachteile: Kindful's mobile responsiveness could be better. I wish they had a dedicated app or at least a better experience on small screens. Their email support is good, but I wish they had phone support for quicker resolution of issues. I feel the monthly fees are on the more expensive side of donor CRM tools. I would like better documentation and community involvement from customers. There is so much that could be done with it, but I don't know how to to implement some of it. Overall, I am happy with Kindful. They are a great company.

Hi Clay,
We're so glad you're happy with Kindful. It sounds like our PayPal and MailChimp integrations are working out great for you ¿ which makes us super happy!

We totally hear ya on the mobile responsiveness ¿ we're constantly working hard to make Kindful better on mobiles, since we know that's becoming more and more prevalent. We're also constantly working on new support articles, and ¿ just like you ¿ long for the day our customers become more communal participants on our support forums.

On the phone support side, we have good news for you! Our support line, (888) 854-3230 is now live! You'll get connected during normal business hours to a friendly Tennessean.

Thanks for writing a thorough and thoughtful review!

Catriona R.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2017

"Kindful has radically improved KBFPC's donor management"

Vorteile: Customer service is outstanding - I can often find my answers in the help menu, but when I don't the email response is almost immediate and very thoughtful & thorough.
There is little that I dislike about Kindful.
Support during start up was personalized and authentically interested in what my needs and questions were, I didn't ever feel that I was being pitched to.
It is quick and easy to set up and link with Stripe etc. Importing donor information from our previous system was very simple, but I felt that Kindful staff were ready to assist at every step if I needed.
Day-to-day I get just the right amount of updates in my email inbox. Payments and new donors are quick and easy to add. The dashboard is attractive and has very relevant information. Reports are easy to generate.
I have recommended Kindful to several other local agencies - and I found it myself from another local agency.
Price is right for a small non-profit, too.

Nachteile: Pros FAR outweigh the cons!
Some of the features are not completely intuitive, especially the naming and categorization of them. Sometimes I have to click on several tabs to find the feature I was looking for.
Some of the "field" names do not function as I expect them to - but customer support assisted me in writing a query to fix them all at once. (it was not too problematic)
I don't love the formatting for snailmailers and acknowledgements - but I haven't spent a whole lot of time trying to tweak them. I print envelopes from Kindful, and export the list of acknowledgements and mail-merge that data into a document I prepared in Microsoft Office; again, not a big deal, but I had to figure out this work-around.

Hi, Catriona!

Thanks for writing such a glimmering review. It really brings us joy to see how much you've been able to benefit from Kindful's features. It sounds like your setup was really straightforward, you've had good experience with processing payments, adding contacts, and reporting, you feel good about the price, and all your needs have been answered by our support team. We are incredibly excited to hear that has been your experience. Hi-fives all around!

User-friendliness is always top-of-mind around here, as we strive to make Kindful as approachable as possible. Your comments about navigating, tabs, and fields have been passed on to our product designers, as well as the comments about letter and acknowledgement templates. I'm glad you discovered a bit of a workaround in the meantime, but we'll pass all those details along to improve some functionality there.

Thanks again for the feedback. We are always looking to improve!

Karen P.
Partner Relations Manager
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2017

"Kindful is very user-friendly for a small, non-profit, non-technical staff."

Kommentare: Donor management and integration with other online tools is key for non-profit success. The support team is excellent in not only telling you what to do but explaining how it works within the system.

Vorteile: The software is designed to serve the needs of non-profits. It has been developed to balance the needs of the daily user and the required reporting for a growing organization. The support team is extremely helpful and responsive. For the most part the functionality is very user-friendly and user training can be done in a short time.

Nachteile: There is a gap in the donor management process. There is no automated process to move a contact through the Donor cycle which means manual updating through custom fields. The video instructions are good for explaining the benefits of specific features but they don't explain how to perform the tasks/process to get to the results promises.

Hi, Karen!

Thanks for writing a positive review! It thrills us that you've been able to take advantage of user-friendliness, and, in cases where you've needed help, have found it in our support team. We know not everything is perfectly intuitive, so it makes us happy to hear that when you've needed help, you've gotten it.

Your feedback about the donor cycle management is great. We preach the donor cycle to our customers all the time, as we firmly believe in using this method to fundraise. Making that process easier in our software is always coveted feedback. We also appreciate your critique on our videos. We're trying to ramp those up more in the future, and this feedback about what they're actually accomplishing will set us up really well in our future video efforts.

Thanks again for submitting this review and for being such a great person. Keep rockin' it!

Jordan M.
US Operations Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 6.11.2017

"Kindful has grown with us. This is huge for us, and they helped us get to the next level."

Kommentare: I've already recommended this software to many people. It is really easy to recommend to small organizations who are going from nothing to "online." However, there needs to be more development and automation with email marketing, in order for me to recommend this product for an already established (still smaller) organization. As a 1.2 M organization, we are ready for our next growth spurt.

Vorteile: The user experience is wonderful. From good colors and layouts to ease of use, we have been able to use Kindful to get organized on the backend and jump-start our fundraising.

Nachteile: The capabilities with email marketing and automation within groups, causes, campaigns, or forms have been a bit difficult for us. There are work-arounds, but we are hoping for more growth and potential in these areas.

von Kindful an 10.11.2017

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for writing such a great review! We pride ourselves in growing with our customers, so to hear that back from you is a huge pat on the back over here.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Kindful's interface and data management tools. Hopefully better organization is helping you segment and interact with donors on a deeper level.

Your feedback about email marketing and automation is outstanding. We love getting to know how our customers want to continue using Kindful, and I can definitely see that as a next logical step for you. I'll pass that detail along to our product team and we'll look forward to seeing how those tools evolve.

Thanks for being part of the Kindful family ¿ and for spreading the word about us! We're extremely grateful to support Oasis for Orphans.

Happy fundraising,
- Jared E

• Bewertet am 6.11.2017
David V.
CEO/Founder
  • Bewertet am 20.8.2018

"Mid-sized nonprofit with donor management needs"

Kommentare: Love the user friendly-ness of the software, especially for our donors. It is great for capturing info but we need to be able to sort and filter the info better.

Vorteile: Allows donors to designate their donations

Nachteile: We have some needs that Kindful does not provide:
-Ability to log calls within a donor's profile
-Table Within Contact with custom columns
-Auto-sync emails with donor’s profile
-Improve the note taking feature
-Individualized dashboard that shows the tasks and call history for the admin logged in.
-The ability to search donor profiles based on amounts they donated to specific programs/campaigns
-Be able to track all donations on each individual contact.
-Need ages for all donors so that when I’m calling I’ll know which generation of a family I’m calling
-Be able to actually see the pictures on each person’s profile. Not just a tiny circle that cannot be zoomed in on.
-Be able to tab between cells when entering or changing information in existing donor profiles. We currently have to enter and select “edit” for the next cell. (i.e. entering address changes)
-Being able to track recurring donors for those who send checks in monthly. The only way I can see to do this is making a group, which is fluid over time and doesn’t allow us to pull accurate historical information if a donor stops sending checks in and gets removed from the group.
-Attempt to make kindful by name and by email not just email. (Make it so that families don’t have to use a random email for their 14 year old.)
-Create a way other than the cause page for donated money for a mission trip will show up on the individuals profile not just their own donations.
-ability to search by birthday month

Darlene K.
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2019

"It's Worth A Look!"

Kommentare: If you are looking for donor software that is user friendly, a good price, and meets your needs, then I highly suggest you give Kindful a look.

Vorteile: I didn't know much about donor software when I started so I began researching multiple options. As a nonprofit, I was looking for something that would meet my needs without breaking the bank. What I liked about Kindful was that it offered most of the same features as other software programs at a great price. For options that are not included, Kindful partners with other agencies so you actually get everything you need. All the agencies that Kindful partners with, information can sync directly to Kindful which is very convenient. There is also a lot of support. You can call and they actually answer the phone and there are also many scripts and videos to walk you through various things. Kindful is always looking for ways to improve. They actually listen when we respond and they have already made many improvements.

Nachteile: I was skeptical about Kindful not including every possible feature within it's software. However, other software that does is double or triple the cost if not more. You also may be paying for things you don't need so I actually like this option a lot more than I thought I would. So far, Kindful meets all of my needs.

• Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Donor Services & Administration
  • Bewertet am 20.8.2018

"Great if you're flexible."

Kommentare: Overall, it gives us a lot of functionality especially for the price as compared to our former software, but at times gets a bit frustrating and/or time consuming. The service team is very helpful and on-going updates continue to improve the software and the software apps that can be used with Kindful.

Vorteile: Kindful is easy to use especially after the latest redo of the menu options. It's fun to use and I love having it sync with our donation page and being able to do special things like peer to peer fundraising and syncing to CrowdRise when we have special campaigns. It's great for automatic receipting and keeping an annual summary available to donors. Donors also an login to their account and do updates which really is a time saver for me - I do fewer updates on expired credit cards and address changes for example. The people who work for Kindful are very professional, friendly and helpful.

Nachteile: At times we get a little frustrated trying to figure out how to pull certain reports and often I run a report and then edit it in Excel. There's not a lot of flexibility as to how the report is printed. Also finding the group we want is sometimes difficult in the software - again, I may get it to a point and then manipulate the report in Excel. Some tasks in Kindful seem to take more steps than I'd prefer - somethings can be bulk updated but not all things for example.

Beth T.
Volunteer
Philanthropie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2019

"Right product for our needs and budget"

Kommentare: The organization is responsive to my questions and needs. I have seen changes to the software since we purchased that have directly addressed my or other users' issues.

Vorteile: Basic functions are easily taught, yet it has a robust reporting structure that is anything but basic. I can train others to do data entry as we get new donors and donations so they can gain confidence using the system quickly. Then I can show them other features as they are ready to learn more.

Nachteile: We are a membership organization and the software really isn't designed to manage memberships. They were upfront about this and give suggestions for addressing our needs and it is working for us.

Allessia E.
Partner Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 5.2.2019

"Big Upgrade for our NonProfit"

Kommentare: Honestly when we first signed up for Kindful we needed a lot of help with integrations and the general function of Kindful. At that time customer service was only through email and Kindful was in another time zone. I vented quite a bit in the beginning because as a new customer the tutorials didn't always provide specific solutions for our problems. NOW THEY HAVE A PHONE CALL OPTION!!! I would say that although we have grown as a customer in understanding the platform, Kindful too has grown by leaps and bounds in customer support. I feel like their IT is more knowledgeable about the platform and provides better solutions. This is one of the greatest improvements since coming on board 2 years ago! THANK YOU KINDFUL.

Vorteile: I love that this platform houses all of my donor information and that the donors have access to their information. I love the ease of creating new campaigns and receiving donations! I also love the ease of getting out the end of year tax receipts!

Nachteile: My least favorite thing about this platform is the reports. All though you can pull a report on virtually anything it doesn't provide totals and is a bit clunky. I am also still hoping for proper integration with our email platform Active Campaign to make our communications more seamless.

Nancy W.
Foundation Manager
Fundraising, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Kindful"

Kommentare: Kindful and the API integrations has allowed our organization to improve its ability to report on metrics to our board, communicate with our donors, seamlessly integrate with our crowdfunding donors and participants, annual gala attendees and silent auction purchasers with all the information in one database. With the touch on one program, we can access information in a timely manner and present our data in a professional manner.

Vorteile: Customer support is AWESOME and timely responses and follow-up. API integrations with other programs for silent auction, crowdfunding fundraising report card, mailing program, and our two credit card payment processors helps us to be more efficient and effective. Report functionality of canned reports and ability to customize and create our own canned reports is perfect. Online training tools are awesome as well as the help articles. Kindful continues to add new API integrations with other software programs giving us future options. We were able to train two new staff in one week for all of the basic functions and integrations to include groups, campaigns, posting of funds and some customization of reporting.

Nachteile: Currently, there is no system for tracking of drip marketing for prospects and stages of development. The assigning of tasks functionality could be improved.

Patrick P.
Development Director

"Very easy to use"

Kommentare: Kindful is a wonderful software, with a really strong customer service team. I have used a number of platforms over the years and I find Kindful to be my favorite. I have never used a "perfect" CRM and we know that there isn’t such a thing, so if you can't have perfect its really nice to have good, with great customer service.

Vorteile: - It's very user-friendly
- It works with most of the other software we use (Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Quickbooks, Zapier...)
- Kindful has the very best customer service

Nachteile: - It's "dashboard" doesn't report accurately, you have to create custom reports to get some of the actual data they advertise. The most frustrating dashboard number they display that isn't accurate is there "Retention Rate" number. Rather than showing donor retention, it shows activity retention, meaning that if someone came to a free event one time and doesn't end up giving a donation within a year it shows it as a drop in your retention.
- The duplicate finder isn't very strong, and takes a lot of manual work. We have to call kindful every few months to ask them to reset the duplicate finder so that it will work again.
- The "Fundraising" tools aren't very robust.

Esther F.
Operations Manager
  • Bewertet am 17.12.2019

"Fantastic CRM for nonprofits"

Kommentare: Overall I am incredibly happy with Kindful. It is very easy to use and on any type of hardware! Whenever I have a question or problem my customer support contact is always available and I get answers right away. The setup was easy and the care that the team at Kindful have for their customers is second to none.

Vorteile: I love the features, ease of use, quick access to support professionals and individualized customer service.

Nachteile: There are one or two features that our organization could use that are not on Kindful, like a very robust events and program management system. But to be fair, unless one is customizing a CRM, it is almost impossible to find. Additionally, the mail sync feature no longer works with gmail, and that would be a huge help to have.