Über Alma SIS

Eine Plattform, Hunderte von Funktionen, grenzenlose Einsicht. Almas integrierte SIS- und LMS-Tools unterstützen Pädagogen durch moderne Softwarelösungen.

Erfahre mehr über Alma SIS

Bewertungen zu Alma SIS

Alma SIS hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 298 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Alma SIS bereits verwendet?

Co-Founder in USA

Glad we're using Alma

Unlike other SIS's, Alma actually looks and feels like it was made in the 2010's. The system is solid, and has essentially every feature a smaller school like ours would want (and many more that we don't need to use). The gradebook is excellent, and it's easy to transfer classes and students from year-to-year. Their customer service has been great (we accidentally deleted multiple report cards in different places the other day and they quickly and helpfully solved our issue by restoring to a backup), and they are continually adding features and improving the platform. And the cost has been at least 50% less than quotes we were getting from major competitors. Many reasons to switch to Alma.

The latest transcripts update was helpful - there are still a couple of features we'd like on the transcripts front, but that's mostly because our school has a unique curriculum. This is totally just a personal preference, but I'd also like to be able to search for classes in the search feature in addition to contacts.

Antwort von Alma Technologies

What incredible feedback, James! Thank you so much and we look forward building on all of your school's successes!

Patrick
Technology Coordinator and Teacher in USA

Alma has been transformational

Kommentare: Incredible. I was astounded by the amount of support I have received from Alma in setting up, using, and expanding our use of the programs. They meet the needs of our school and help us learn how we can use Alma to its full potential. The customer service team is dedicated to making sure that we are getting the most out of our investment. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with Alma.

We switched to Alma from PowerSchool and it has made a major difference. Alma was able to be set up to match the needs of our school, as opposed to other SIS that we had to work to match their set up. The support from the Alma implementation and customer service teams is unmatched.

There is little to say in the negative about Alma. Whenever there has been an issue, the customer service team makes a note of it and tracks it as a feedback ticket. I have seen these get passed to their developers and new features have grown out of those. Alma takes their customers' needs seriously and works to create a great product.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: MySchool und Infinite Campus SIS

Warum Alma SIS gewählt wurde: PowerSchool customer service was terrible. It was a poorly designed product. It did not meet the needs of our school.

Zuvor genutzte Software: PowerSchool SIS und Schoology

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Alma SIS: One of the major reasons we chose Alma was the Alma Start feature, along with the pricing. Once we got into using it, it was clear we had made the right choice.

Antwort von Alma Technologies

vor 7 Monaten

Thank you for your glowing review of Alma! We're delighted to hear about your positive experience and the transformative impact Alma has had on your school. Your acknowledgment of our tailored support, customer service, and the effective transition from PowerSchool is greatly appreciated. It's rewarding to know our efforts in customization and responsiveness to feedback are making a real difference. The success of features like Alma Start and our approach to meeting your specific needs reaffirms our commitment to excellence. We're proud to be your chosen SIS and are dedicated to continuously enhancing our services. Your trust in Alma is invaluable, and we look forward to further supporting your school's journey.

Maggie
Office Manager in USA

Charter School Use

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Easiest platform for communicating with staff, students and families.

Setting up registration each year. Sometimes I would miss one small part and once parents started the process I couldn't go back and make adjustments.

Lauren
Assistant Academic Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Used for an elementary, has great services, could be improved.

I LOVE the customer service. They are always willing to work with us and help us adapt the program to what we need. I love the many different reporting features and how they each have a unique description that helps me find exactly what I need. I also like that I can star the reports I frequently use. I like that I am able to easily fill in grades in the "gradebook" tab, as well as having the opportunity to quickly report final grades at the end of the term. I am also happy with the ease in resetting a password for a user who has forgotten theirs as well as the quick ability to change a username. I appreciate that many users can have access to the same information (meaning a student and both of their parents can have their own accounts but access the same information on their child). I think overall I am mostly impressed with Alma's support team, how quickly and professionally they respond, how they will not let me leave the conversation until they are satisfied that all of my questions have been answered and my concerns resolved, and I love that they are constantly updating, making the website better, and then sending out an email with all of the updates and detailed instructions on how to utilize them.

I feel the website could be slightly more user friendly. There are often times it takes longer than I would like to access the information that I need (a lot of clicking through redundant tabs and not a lot of short cuts). I also wish it was easier for parents to understand the website. I don't like that there is no easy way for a parent to access a student's missing work, instead having to look through each class and assignment to see what has and has not been turned in. I also wish there was a way for us, as administrators and teachers, to see exactly what the parents see. It is hard to give advice and support to a parent when their screen looks different from mine; and I often don't know if they can see everything that I can, like all of the notes and assignment descriptions and what not. Otherwise, I am mostly happy with Alma.

Janna
Director of Student Enrollment in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Happy we made the switch!

Kommentare: So far, very positive - highly recommend.

It is an intuitive student management system, and their customer service can't be beat!

We would like to get more student information entered via Alma Start to migrate to Alma SIS - I think they are working on these updates though!

April
Data Systems Administrator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Alma Software Review (SBG school)

Kommentare: Support has been very helpful, typically it seems we have questions that either haven't been asked before or are not implemented yet. Faculty/staff is able to access the reports tab which helps them track students and contacts quickly and has access to student records and class schedules.

Alma is easier than our former software and allows us to use our Standards Based Grading which is our priority. Parents were able to quickly learn how to use the system and the attendance feature is great. Students were also able to learn the system and although it doesn't have a comprehensive calendar with their schedules and our school activities, they were able to use the daily tab to track their classes.

The calendar is static and unable to be exported to phones/other calendars so we had to create an app for that. The reports are not as in-depth as needed and we aren't able to save our filters/criteria that we use often. They are still working on SBG reporting so many items we aren't able to track as we typically do through reports. The report card set up is limited for what we need in our report cards; we had to use every work-around to get a report card as we needed, but they do work now.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: PraxiSchool und Schoology

Warum Alma SIS gewählt wurde: K-12 was trying to start Standards Based Grading but didn't meet our deadline.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Alma SIS: It has what we needed for Standard Based Grading both in assignments and report cards for tracking.

Paul
IT Director in Südkorea

Great Customer Support

Kommentare: We have really enjoyed the experience with ALMA. The support staff are very friendly, and if they don't have a solution to an issue, they work hard to find one. They are open to requesting additional options or features they may not currently have available. This makes me feel that they truly want to improve their product. We are very new to using ALMA, but they have proved so far that we made a good choice.

I don't have a lot to compare ALMA to, but I feel that the user interface is very intuitive. After light training, I felt that I was able to navigate the software with ease, and perform many of the functions without having to struggle to do so. The resources for questions called the "study guide" has really good searchable articles and videos that addressed almost every issue I had. If I couldn't find the answer, the support staff was quick to respond and help with a solution.

Education is so vastly different from one school to the next. On the similar needs of schools I think ALMA performs great, but for specific needs or differences they struggle to meet all our needs. Many times we have to find a work-around for issues we are having. I will add that this is very rare. A specific example is that we can search students by grade. We can search specific classes, but not the whole grade. There are times it would be beneficial to see all the students in one grade.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Sycamore School und FACTS

Warum Alma SIS gewählt wurde: It was very difficult to use. We had to pay for help every time we had an issue. The reports never looked the way we wanted. It did not handle standards based grading well, and trying to have both standards base with traditional grading was practically impossible without some major programing knowledge. The list goes on, but these were some of our main concerns.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Sycamore School und FACTS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Alma SIS: - I think the look was more updated - parent perception of quality - Standard or Traditional grading supported - Communication from the console - I'm not sure if the others did this, but it has been very helpful - Customer Support - the reviews on this was a big reason for choosing ALMA

Barbara
District Secretary/Registrar in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

ALMA is what we were looking for....

Kommentare: This program has helped our students, staff, and parents utilize one student management system and use it to it's fullest potential. Each people group is able to pull from the system the vital information they need; some need more than others and the program has addressed all levels of information and all levels of user. That was important to us as we needed something that our staff could use to keep track of vital demographics, our teachers could use to track student grades and assignments and yet parents and students could log on and keep track of grades, test assessments and missing assignments. It meets the needs of every level.

This product is very easy to use, in real time and easy to understand. Novel users can open up this SIS program and navigate in order to find the information they are looking for.

We were one of the first public schools to sign on with ALMA, therefore we have evolved with the company. There have been some growing pains as we have evolved. The tech support teams have been gracious and very helpful in keeping us up to speed and rolling.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Vision SIS

Warum Alma SIS gewählt wurde: SchoolMaster seemed to complicated for our small district. Parents and students seemed to struggle to find the information they needed within the program and often times just wouldn't bother to look as it was frustrating to them.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Alma SIS: It seemed very straight forward, easy to use, real-time, easy for our parents, students and staff to use.

Nick
Systems Administrator, Data Guru, Tech Support, and everything else. in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A solid Student SIS

Kommentare: They are a fantastic company with a bright future ahead of them. I'm happy to support them, enjoy using their product, and appreciate their customer service.

The main selling point from Alma was the ease of use. Out of all of the systems I've demoed and tried, it was easily the easiest to log in, poke around, and figure out how to do what I needed to do with minimal training. The second selling point is their customer service. Absolutely top notch. Their people are friendly, very responsive, and (most importantly) humans. I enjoy talking to them! I can usually get a response from a rep within minutes and even our teachers are welcome to message them with questions. The third selling point is that they are new system with a considerably active development cycle. We knew, going into it, that they wouldn't be as fully fleshed out as competitors like PowerSchool. That also means that it's easier for newer and fresher ideas to be implemented. It's not built on some old archaic database. Many of the features they do have that I use regularly such as the Report Card Builder and the Spreadsheet Data Editor/Report builder are very well done. We regularly get emails about new features being added and they listen to their customers when new features are requested. They've given us a lot of new toys since we first signed on with them. The final selling point is narwhals.

Probably the biggest issue that I face regularly is that their district level stuff isn't as fleshed out as I would like it to be. Many of the cool features that are available at each of the schools I manage can't be done in the district portion, aggregating all data and whatnot. I've been told they are working on that stuff though!

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: PowerSchool

Warum Alma SIS gewählt wurde: TylerSIS was horrible.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Alma SIS: PowerSchool had just released a new HTML5 interface. When asking for a sandbox demo, they couldn't even be bothered to show off their shiny new product. They gave us an old dinosaur of a sandbox that was not appealing at all. Alma whipped us up a sandbox no problem. Some of the fake names of students, teachers, and were hilarious references as well! Also, during the review process, we were using a Powerschool product known as Haiku. One day it went down. The page just wasn't loading. We emailed Powerschool for information and, just as a test, emailed Alma as well. Alma got back to us within 15 minutes. Powerschool got back to us about 2-3 days later. There were a number of other little things like that that swayed our decision.

Tom
Principal in USA

Alma SIS review

Kommentare: Good, we really like the software and it meets our needs at the elementary level. Their customer support is excellent.

Alma is intuitive and easy to navigate. Setup and implementation was smooth, overall, it is very user friendly and easy for teachers and families to navigate. The reporting is excellent and the report cards look professional. Accessing data is easy on a day to day basis.

There are some simple features missing, like schedule send, more editing options with school announcements which would have a bigger benefit.

Joshua
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Moving in good directions

Kommentare: Far better than any other software I’ve used to manage classes, but still approaches the problem from an administrative, quantitative standpoint, rather than a student development standpoint.

There are concessions made to narrative evaluation, which is great for an alternative school. Each block, the system gets cleaner and easier to handle as we write our evaluations for the kids, and, since our output is so much more complex than a single letter grade, it’s really important that the cognitive overhead for each evaluation be as small as possible. I’m really gratified that Alma continually improves this aspect.

Touchscreen integration is clunky but getting less so. It’s often hard to see what I’m doing, as column headers disappear as I scroll. There are a bunch of interface elements like this that make interactions awkward or repetitive, which induces frustration and boredom, which leads to errors. It feels like evaluations are 90° off. I want to be able to evaluate a student, but it’s easiest to evaluate not only one class at a time, but one skill for the whole class at a time. It discourages thinking holistically about individual students and encourages comparing them in each skill. I think this makes it harder to do evaluations and makes them less accurate. Daily evaluation notes go nowhere. We take attendance each day, which is dutifully reported, but any qualitative expression we have is thrown away. This does a great disservice to students because it means that, in the course of a day, it’s harder to make qualitative assessments of a student, leaving us only with their attendance data — a quantification that’s easy on a database designer but is hostile to learning.

Dan
Superintendent in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Alma SIS in a small, rural, school district.

Kommentare: The staff at Alma are excellent. The transition was difficult because it needed to occur over a short timeframe. But the support was there and we pulled it off.

Alma integrated well with Google Apps and provided integrations with other third party software. The interface and design were well thought out with the end-user in mind. Running reports and editing the data are easy and intuitive - and those are the most important aspects of an SIS. The support was excellent, and always available through the Alma Academy.

We would like a module that would allow our cafeteria software to integrate so parents could see their child's lunch balance in the same place they view their child's schedule, teacher, and fees. There were also growing pains, as state-required data collections differ in every state and sometimes this meant there were duplicate or similar data fields that confused some of our clerical staff.

IT Support in Japan

GETALMA for International Schools

Kommentare: I’m very satisfied with the overall performance of GetAlma, and I highly recommend it!

1) The features that where the most impactful: -Attendance and Report Cards 2.) Is the product easy to use? -The learning curve was a little steep in the beginning, but because of fantastic customer support, all concerns were quickly answered and solutions were given/suggested that solved the problems. 3.) Was the integration with your existing business processes easy? -Teachers found it easy to use overall.

1.) Are there features you feel are missing or could be improved? a.) Finer granular control over the lay-outing of the templates. b.) Ability to add drop-down dates in some places. c.) Manual inputting of each teacher’s class schedules for all grade levels is tedious. Alma should have a built-in feature of uploading .CSV files for creating and updating class schedules instead of using an optional 3rd party service. d.) The sandboxed sites for testing the look and feel of creating classes and report cards are geared for US school systems and not for international school systems, and which I did not find very useful. e.) There should be a feature during the initial set-up of the school year to allow certain weekends that can be ticked-off as part of the school year. 2.) Are there aspects of the product that are difficult to use? -ALMA Start (for creating online school enrollment forms, online parent info access, etc.) is a little complicated to learn and implement without a sandboxed testing environment when the school year has already started.

Theresa
Digital Learning Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Alma Software - The Superstar of Student Information Systems!

Alma's ease of use for all stakeholder is top notch. Teachers, parents, students and office personnel can easily navigate through this platform with minimal clicks, all the tools and information you need as a user are right there in front of you. You no longer have to click 4 layers deep to find what you are looking for. Alma also provides an easy way to communicate with all stakeholders. While in the gradebook you can email students and parents, eliminating the need to use a secondary software program. Along with a traditional grading program, Alma provides a true standards/competency based platform. This SIS has grown alongside the change in educational trends, meeting the needs of schools, transitioning their assessment/evaluation practices. Support services for Alma are outstanding. The customer support team is available in the matter of minutes, assisting and answering all questions one might have. The team is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and willing to take an idea you might suggest and make it happen! This support team makes transition/roll over periods stress free!

Alma's reporting section for state reports and other school information reports still needs to develop. As time goes on I believe Alma will continue to make improvements in this area. Reports are currently available in a a basic excel or csv files. These files work for what we need, but I feel this area could develop more in the future.

Quelle: GetApp

Good if your users are not picky

Kommentare: Was the right move at the right time (web based - SAS)

Web based Fast Quick support Google SSO SAS

Email editor is TOO basic. Report writer is not flexible, cost per extra fields. Retrieve unenrolled student's data from previous years should be easier. Apply changes to multiple classes, schedules, etc should allow to select randomly or by criteria. Backup/Restore feature not available. Mixed Letter, Numbers and Standards based grades are not compatible. Transcripts reports must allow more flexible design.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: PowerSchool Unified Classroom und Schoology

Warum Alma SIS gewählt wurde: Complete suite must be web based on the cloud

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Alma SIS: Lower cost Technical support

Ashley
Secondary Principal in Thailand

A Great SIS - and Getting Better

Kommentare: Our school has tried several different solutions for grading and record keeping, and Alma is by far the best we have encountered. We tried Power School (a user-unfriendly dinosaur) and internally developed software (effective but too labor-intensive and time consuming to develop and maintain), and Alma is far superior to both. I really cannot recommend Alma highly enough.

The best thing abour Alma is its ease of use. In addition, it has one of the most professional and responsive customer support departments I have ever encountered in any product or industry.

It does not yet have all of the functionality that we would like, particularly in the area of recording curriculum, but since we adopted it three years ago they have regulerly added new features and improved the functionality of what was already there. I really do believe that in short order they will address curriculum within the program, and at that point every major use we have for an SIS would be covered.

Jacob
Administrative Assistant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My Honest Review

I loved that our district made a deal to get a group purchase for ALMA so it made the price just perfect for us. ALMA looks beautiful and is an excellent tool. It is such a powerful data tracking tool which is great when you're trying to analyze large amounts of data. I love that you can run an extract and upload it to CALPADS, it makes reporting so much easier! The customer support team always has a great attitude and truly feels like they love helping you.

One of the major CONS is that it is not yet fully approved by the state for reporting, which adds another step to program administrators to get it approved for attendance. That was a major bummer. Another CON is that because it is such a powerful system, some training is required if you hope to use it properly. When I started using it I thought I could just teach myself how to use it and ended up costing myself and my teachers a week or so of grief until I could get proper training. It's all in the settings. If you don't have those set up properly, then you're doomed. Once you train for 2-3 hours though with their great staff, it's a breeze after that!

Kristen

Definitely a Product for Educators

Kommentare: Having just come from a visually exhausting, not user-friendly information management and grading system, Alma has been a breath of fresh air. It was a pretty easy transition, figuring out the lay of the land. I was never confident on the old system. After only a few months into using Alma, I feel like I have a really good grasp on using it, and if not, I know that they have a great support system to help me out if I get stuck.

Is the Alma system absolutely perfect in every way? No product out there is! What has really impressed me about Alma is their incredible support team and communication. If we (the people using Alma) have a need and make a suggestion, they are lightning fast in coming up with a solution that fits the need. It is incredibly user friendly, visually appealing in its organization, and houses all of the tools we need for student information management in one tidy place.

My only wish would be to see a record of the messages that are sent directly to students and parents. However, Alma does allow you to send the message to your email, so it is possible to keep a record of messages that way.

Diane
Counselor in Taiwan

School counselor review

Kommentare: Good, actually.

There's too much to list everything!!! I like the class function, the internal staff note function, the file cabinet, the graduation function and the reporting function, though I would tweak them all a bit.

I don't know how to ask for changes. That isn't really obvious to me at all. Everything below I'd probably be able to ask for, but don't know how. With the class function, I would like to print class lists without the pictures. I also LIKE printing lists with pictures, but a lot of time I just want the data. Also, I would love the print the class schedule as it is on the page, but it reverts to another version that I do not like at all. With the Internal Staff Note function, I would like to be able to hide it on the overview page. That's the page that has grades and I like to show them to students, but NOT the internal staff notes.

Karen
Office Manager in USA

Alma user

Kommentare: Alma is great for keeping all students, staff, family, etc., in one place with numerous options for reporting.

The software is easy to use and produces so many report options.

During Covid the response time to questions/problems has sometimes taken over a day. When a teacher or parent needs something the delay in resolution leaves the school appearing less professional.

Sandra
Financial Manager in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Switched to Alma, never going back!

Kommentare: Before we switched our school to Alma we were using multiple programs to help our teachers with their record keeping responsibilities. We had one program for grading, another one for rosters, and yet another one for communication with parents. We even had an entirely different program to help generate grade reports and student schedules. None of them interfaced with each other, and our staff were often doing double and triple entries for each student. Since switching to Alma we have reduced the administrative burden on our teachers and office staff by over 50%. Alma has enabled our teachers to better utilize their office time, and freed up valuable opportunities for more one on one teaching time. This is a win-win for everyone involved in the education process. Thank you Alma!

Alma integrates our administrative processes into one, easy to use program that both parents and teachers love!

The financial/billing component is not as comprehensive as we need.

Leslie
Admin Assistant in USA

Amazing ALMA

Kommentare: As I alluded to the Alma support staff is excellent and we have our SJA support staff for Alma too so we are doing well with the transition. Teachers have more at their finger tips for flexibility with report cards and that makes all of us so happy...actually its terrific to see them so pleased.

There are so MANY things at your fingertips as you delve into this great student information system! If you can't find them and/or understand them Alma's excellent support team will walk you through it.

Change in all facets of life is a challenge. Being accustomed to my previous SIS program there are things I miss and just can't have. Student Attendance is an important part of my daily life. It frustrates me that though student names are still alphabetical they are presented in reports by first name not last. In a true emergency LAST NAMES are what we are accustomed to look for. Sure I can go in and make up my own special document from excel but most likely NOT during an emergency.

Kimberly
School Counselor in USA

Alma SIS

Kommentare: Great! Love their customer service and speed of response

Ease of navigating, state reporting and Alma response to making sure reports work well.

Nothing so far, it has been very easy to set up and get our information into the system.

Patricia
Director of Teaching & Learning in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Alma makes it easy

Alma is a great software package. The gradebook feature is easy to use on the administrator end. If features need adjustment, you can contact the company and they LISTEN!

There's nothing to not like. Teachers and staff are still learning to use the features, and that's typically the most difficult thing - getting folks to change practices based on old software.

Dominick
Teacher in USA

Great for standards based grading, but would be much better if they had an app

-Very easy to grade an assessment on multiple standards -Constantly updating software to make it easier for teachers -Easy to put anecdotal notes on students accounts that parents and teachers can see -It seems that the team at Alma works hard to make any individual changes you might want for your school

-There is no app for teachers, this is a major downside for schools where teachers do a lot on their phone. I miss the days when I used to be able to easily take attendance or access student information from my phone -The grading portal still has some technological kinks that need to be worked out. Sometimes you will click on one student's name and you end up accidentally entering grades for another because the screen jumps. Once you do this it is difficult to delete the grade unless you mark the assignment N/A.