Using VolunteerMark to reserve volunteer groups

René C.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with VolunteerMark has been fantastic. We like the system and will continue to use it.

Vorteile: VolunteerMark is functional and easy to use. We use the system to reserve and book volunteer groups for our Family Meal program. I like the ease with which volunteer groups can view availability and sign up for a volunteer date. The process is short, simple and quick. Another feature of the software that I like and it's not related to the software itself, but the system's tech support and customer service. There have been a couple of instances where I have made suggestions to the tech team to improve our end-users experience. Not only were they receptive to my suggestions, but the implemented them as well. Most recently, they created custom links for my organization within the system so volunteers could easily and quickly find the next available volunteer date. Previously, volunteers had to click through several informational pages to get to the calendars for availability. Now, they are directed straight to the calendars. It's been a great improvement.

Nachteile: The system is frequently revised and tweaked for improvements/efficiencies, etc., and I'm not always made aware that changes to the system have been made. I wish that the organization's software administrators were told when changes are made and what the changes are before users discover them on their own.

Friendly and helpful customer service. Quick and easy event set-up. Good reporting tools!

Bewertet am 28.2.2018
Jenn W.

Kommentare: Saves me time and the hassle of trying to keep track of things on annoying spreadsheets and paper. Automation allows my volunteers to self manage, and I can better communicate with my volunteers and them with me. It's not easy to pull the trigger on software because it's an initial expense and everyone thinks they can save costs by doing it themselves, but once you use the software you realize that you're actually SAVING money by automating your processes. It makes the volunteers happier, improves retention and gives you time and sanity back to your day!

Vorteile: My favorite aspect of VolunteerMark is the customer support. They're easy to reach through chat and patiently walk me through my questions. They have a lot of FAQ, online tools and educational materials to help me not only with the software but practical volunteer management tips as well. I also appreciate the simplicity of the design. I don't have to hunt and find data because the interface is very user-friendly. I also appreciate that my volunteers have a lot of autonomy and can sign up for events on their own, which I can see and track. That alone has saved me so much time. Being able to see volunteer hours, which volunteers have signed up for what, and the ability to tag volunteers helps me match events quicker too. I will NEVER go back to spreadsheets and paper sign ups, that is for sure.

Nachteile: I don't have any major complaints. There are a couple of customized features I'd like, which I can get with the price plan a step up from what I have, but overall I'm happy with the software for what I use daily.

Easy to use- Wish it had more features!

Molly S.
Hospital Programs Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This product works well for our organization, but it still needs some adapting to better suit our needs. There are some missing functions and customizing capabilities that would make this software really stand out. In general, it is easy to use and serves its purpose, but could use some more functions.

Vorteile: - I like that it is easy for users to sign up and pick a date to volunteer.
- I like that I get an email every time someone signs up for a volunteer shift and that I have to confirm it before it goes on the calendar.
- I like that when someone has applied for a date, it appears as "blocked" on the calendar until I confirm it.
- The customer service reps are always quick to respond in the chat and help me solve the problem. It is not always a fast fix, but they are always helpful.

Nachteile: - You should be able to un-click a volunteer opportunity to not see it on your main calendar, or make it so that specific administrators can only see the volunteer opportunities that they coordinate. I have to go to our web page to see the calendar that the users would view to see which dates are open or covered.
- The messaging in the software is not user friendly.
- The customer service is helpful but it takes a long time to get answers.
- You cannot add one-time shifts to an ongoing volunteer opportunity. This means the one-time shifts will not be added to the main calendar for the volunteer opportunity, so all volunteer shifts are on fixed days and times. This works, in theory, but it is not realistic for the ever growing needs of an organization and its volunteers. It would be great to be able to track everything all in one place!
- In general, I think I wish it were more customizable.

Good platform with room to grow

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Danielle L.
Umweltdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that volunteers can sign themselves up and it's less logistical work on my end to schedule them. the IT service is fantastic and always available which I NEED. Features are updated and built in regularly.

Nachteile: I'm not a fan of some of the less than user friendly features - can't delete multiple events or users at a time. The shift level volunteer maximums is a HUGE deal and its taken months to create when it should have been around the whole time. on calendar view, the highlighted color for the current day is so faint that it blends in with the rest of the calendar and you can't find it easily. There's no easy way to print a weekly schedule of volunteers from either view pane. I could keep going. There's a lot of room to grow in the program.

Fantastic volunteer management tool for Nonprofits

Bewertet am 26.3.2015
Nicole G.
Director of Operations
Bildende Kunst
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: The VolunteerMark team is always accessible. I can communicate my questions or suggestions. They truly want to help and make the product work for our organization. I love that all of our volunteer opportunities can be showcased online and that we can manage that easily.

Nachteile: There are a few enhancements that I know are in the works. For example, we would like to have a "Pending" option when a volunteer applies for a volunteer opportunity. This would allow the volunteer that we received their interest, but we are in the process of reviewing, interviewing them, etc. before we can actually "Accept" them in the volunteer role.

Volunteer Mark review

Alex W.
Volunteer & Foster Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: it is a site that our volunteers can use to sign up for volunteer shifts and log their volunteer hours. I also like the live chat

Nachteile: it's complicated for our volunteers and some staff. It's not mobile friendly. It's not very easy to navigate through. I get a lot of volunteer complaints about little issues like them not being able to sign up for shifts, or not receiving the initial invite email, etc.

Love VolunteerMark!

Bewertet am 19.2.2018
Karyn L.
Dean of Culture
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love the ability to track volunteer hours!

Vorteile: I love the user friendly website and the ways I can track volunteer hours. I appreciate the customer support that is always available.

Nachteile: Sometimes parents have a hard time using the app. They get confused on whether they have to pay for an account or can become members on our team. They also say sometimes volunteer opportunities do not show up.

Great Concept - But Room for Improvement

Douglas W.
Director of Administration
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the product is good, however there is definite room for improvement as mentioned above. I will say, support has always been quick to help where they can and answer any questions we throw at them.

Vorteile: I do like the user friendly interface when interacting from a laptop or computer. I think most items are very intuitive and like the customization that can be done for each each event and shift.

Nachteile: I don't like that exporting data (and specifically custom data) is not easy at all and typically results in someone having to reach out to support just to extract that data (in our case, t-shirt sizes). Also, in reporting functionality, there is no easy way to export calendar or agenda views of the day in order for organizers to get a better idea of resources spread when event occur longer than one day. Also, most organizations require volunteers to sign waiver so I'm surprised that option has not been built into the workflow, where an event organizer could require a waiver to be signed, when a volunteer signs up for shifts.

Not good for event management, buggy, also user interface has room for improvement

Bewertet am 25.6.2019
Margaret O.
chair
Politische Organisation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it was difficult for me to set up in the way that I needed and there were so many weird bugs that were alarming. And there were many times when it was difficult for me to remember how to do something or I spent a lot of time learning how to do something (support documents leave out a lot of info) because the user interface isn't totally intuitive and it's easy to think that you go to a certain section or click on a link/button to do a task when you're actually supposed to use a different button or section to get to the right place to handle that task. I also don't have confidence that our data is secure with them. In the end I concluded that it didn't have the capabilities to serve our somewhat complex needs going forward.

Vorteile: Includes texting to volunteers; easy to send texts and emails for very reasonable price and a good number of features. Fairly responsive customer service.

Nachteile: lots of bugs. Too many to list. I spent a lot of time reporting all kinds of weird bugs that had to do with basic functionality. Even though they fixed most of them within 1-3 days, it was not confidence-inspiring. To their credit they did address/fix almost everything and their customer service is responsive. If you're doing event management, this software is not up to snuff. I spent a lot of time having to reconfigure how I entered stuff to be able to assign multiple shifts to specific coordinators to coordinate for a larger event. If you are a nonprofit with mostly day-to-day and simple volunteer scheduling needs, it will likely be adequate for you.

I rely almost entirely on volunteers. VolunteerMark definitely contributes to my team's success!

Bewertet am 22.2.2018
Tara H.
Event Chair
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a comprehensive platform for managing my events and volunteers.

Vorteile: There is so much to like about this software. It's user friendly for our volunteers. They can easily view and sign up for open positions and easy for my committee members to manage them and see at a glance where we are needing more help. We are also able to communicate directly through the platform. Many of our volunteers have to keep track and report their volunteer hours. VolunteerMark does this for them.

Nachteile: I like to work through problems myself which usually means starting with a FAQ page. There is not much to the FAQ page and definitely think it can be built up a little more.

VolunteerMark is good for some but not for everyone

Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Case Manager
Politische Organisation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I appreciate their years of service and prompt/helpful customer support.

Vorteile: Their customer support is hands down their best feature. They also did a lot of work to make the platform work for our organizations needs. Unfortunately, to no fault of their own, we just need out of the system that they cannot provide due to other client's needs.

Nachteile: The reporting tool does not report on the main things we need and also takes forever to load.

VERY easy to set-up as a Volunteer Director! Volunteers find it very user-friendly !

Bewertet am 13.2.2018
Jodi W.
Volunteer Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Affordable volunteer management system with easy-to-use sign up system for volunteers and user-friendly database for me as a Volunteer Director.

Vorteile: The simple sign-up system for volunteers and user-friendly database for my use as the Volunteer Director. The customer service availability via chat has been very valuable. The turn-around response via email is extremely fast!

Nachteile: My graphics/logos have a somewhat distorted appearance. Volunteers have expressed they are not able to sign up for multiple shifts at one time- they have to sign up for each one individually.

Tamed our volunteer beast!

Bewertet am 20.3.2015
Maureen S.
Volunteer Coordinator
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: This product is very intuitive to learn and use, has good tutorials, and the support team is very responsive. The one stop "marketplace" for volunteers has been a great idea and useful to us and our volunteers. The blog's ideas on best practices and how to recruit, retain and inspire volunteers has been helpful to me as a volunteer coordinator.

Nachteile: It's hard to incorporate our older, non-computer literate volunteers.

Great Volunteer Management Tool for Organizations and Volunteers!

Bewertet am 1.10.2014
Tara A.
Volunteer Manager

Kommentare: VolunteerMark has taken the scheduling of volunteers to a whole new level for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City. They are great to work with, open to new ideas to improve their product and service, timely in addressing issues, and have new features that are introduced regularly. Our volunteers find it easy to use and our staff does as well. Switching to VolunteerMark has saved our organization time and money. The impact it has made on the Volunteer Program is evident just after a few short months of using VolunteerMark. It is easy to set up volunteer opportunities, keep track of volunteers and communicate with our volunteer base from the website. We are excited to see what great, new things VolunteerMark will continue to do in the future!

We looked at the program, but decided to stick with another software

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Joe L.
Volunteer Managment

Kommentare: It would work for our special events, but did not work for our regular shifts.

Vorteile: They are still developing this software and work with their clients to keep making the program better. This software is great for organizations who have big projects that do not need specific skills or trainings to sign up to help with one day events.

Nachteile: It does not allow you to restrict volunteers from signing up for shifts they are not cleared to do. They are still a growing company and maybe that will change.

VolunteerMark

Karen S.
Volunteer Programs Coordinator
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is easy to set-up, implement and meets the majority of our needs.

Nachteile: There always seems to be some glitches that makes me concerned for when we go "live." The app is not labeled "VolunteerMark." It is labeled "Volunteer App" which could be anything.

Making work so much simpler!

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Hannah B.
ASA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This was an amazing investment into our program. It is incredibly user friendly and easy to transition to from the old system.

Nachteile: There were a few features that I would have liked to customize a little more to work specifically with our program.

Overall Platform Review

Bewertet am 11.10.2018
Account Executive

Vorteile: VolunteerMark is a wonderful tool for people who love to keep their volunteers organized. There are many functions and tools to use that make volunteer management much easier. I would recommend VolunteerMark to anyone looking to grow their volunteer base. The entire platform is also very easy to use which is a plus.

Nachteile: At this time I do not have any large concerns for the platform as a whole.

In all fairness, I am still new to the product so I have not formed a definitive opinion yet.

Bewertet am 19.5.2017
Joseph B.
Deputy Commissioner
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Clean website presentation. I have nothing else to add to this, but I am writing this out to meet the 100 character requirement. You should probably add this comment to the cons for my experience. I recommend removing the minimum character requirements here.

Nachteile: 1. No phone based helpline. It makes getting assistance very cumbersome and tied to typing out questions in chat or via email. I believe this makes it harder to communicate the issues that need addressing.
2. No way to enter events that have occurred in the past without technical assistance. This means I can't go back in time easily to capture volunteer events that happened prior to purchasing the software.

von VolunteerMark an 1.3.2018

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have the Phone Support 5 days a week with your upgraded plan.

After taking your feedback, we have added the support to enter the previous events without help from Customer Support.

Please let us know anything else we can help you with.

VolunteerMark

Bewertet am 7.3.2014
Brent L.

Kommentare: Before we partnered up with VolunteerMark, we found ourselves swamped in excel documents and sheets of paper. We tried to develop a scheduling software to alleviate the stress and problems, but nothing really worked. Then we met VolunteerMark and it was a life-changer. To be able to easily schedule, communicate and organize our outings and volunteers in one software application made everything so much easier and efficient. Just a great technology.

Makes it Easy for Volunteers to Help our Cause

Bewertet am 12.5.2014
Nicole G.
Director of Operations

Kommentare: The HALO Foundation uses VolunteerMark to help our volunteers to easily get involved with our mission. As opportunities arise, we simply add the description of what help we need on VolunteerMark, and then share it in our newsletter and through our social media posts. So easy to communicate! Plus, it's user friendly for the nonprofit manager.

Volunteer Mark Exceeded our Expectations!

Bewertet am 22.3.2015
Sharyn V.
Consultant

Vorteile: The People at VoluteerMark! Especially the founder who went out of his way to customize and make sure all of our needs were met and all of the obstacles and special circumstances could be accommodated.

Nachteile: Nothing that I can think of. The process was seamless and so easy to implement.

This software was a waste of our money.

Stuart D.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Not much... This software was virtually unusable.

Nachteile: Difficult to use
Filled With Bugs
Lacks critical functionality

Volunteer management

Patricia R.
Community Greening Coordinator
Programmentwicklung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer service is excellent!

Vorteile: It is simple for our volunteers to use to sign up.

Nachteile: Inability to transfer data (volunteers) to another volunteer option.