JoomlaLMS

Bewertet am 20.8.2018
Ljiljana G.
Online English Teacher
E-Learning, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As a teacher, I appreciate when a platform I use is very user-friendly and cost effective. I like that JoomlaLMS satisfies my professional needs. I am also very satisfied with the support team because they helped me a lot since my IT skills are not outstanding.

Nachteile: Some things are quite pricey but I still believe you get much more for that value of money.

Power Packed Learning Management Software

Bewertet am 28.3.2016
Marshall N.

Kommentare: More and more people are turning to more economical solutions like online training and the younger generations are accustomed to using their computers, technology and the internet for educational purposes. I was fortunate to have connected with someone who was a specialist in the field of online training. He had implemented many Joomla Learning Management software installations and was already consulting with many other large educational institutions and corporate clients in the Western US. He was very open about his experiences, he didn't want to tell me which platform I should go with, he shared all the possible options with me. However, when I pressed him for a recommendation, based on his experiences he highly recommended JoomlaLMS. Normally I prefer to farm out work like this to someone who is an expert. In this case however, I decided that I wanted to understand the capabilities and the limitations of the software. Quite honestly, the majority of the workload is related to the creation of the actual e-learning modules and materials not the JoomlaLMS software. JoomlaLMS is merely the engine that drives the online programs once they are created. There is an abundance of user friendly tutorial videos on Joomla LMS You Tube Channel and the JoomlaLMS website has a help section for users as well. In cases where a glitch has been encountered or I've been unable to find a quick answer, the support staff have been helpful and accommodating. The first week the site went live we landed our first client and our online training business became international! The Sales Advantage is no longer 100% dependent on work schedules and we are no longer restricted by geography. Online learning has added a new dimension to the business, another revenue stream and option that we can offer clients for their training needs. At first glance, for a smaller business, there can be some sticker shock when considering at the annual subscription fee. I took a risk based on the recommendation from someone that I trusted. As I have come to fully understand what I have purchased, I am blown away by how robust and feature rich Joomla LMS is. So many companies offer outrageous service support contracts for the most basic needs. With more complex installations I can imagine that this is necessary. In my case there has been the odd need for support and the JoomlaLMS support staff have answered my questions in a timely fashion, supported the product and I have not incurred additional costs.

Review from long time user.

Bewertet am 30.11.2016
Gary G.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I administer a moderately sized educational website (instructional material, quizzes, and certificates). It is built on the Joomla platform and we have about 10K users with about 300 actively using the site at any given time. After much research and trail and error, I switched to JoomlaLMS about 8 years ago. Here are reasons why:

Cost is a big factor in our operation. If costs are not reasonable, we cannot continue to operate.

1) The Joomla platform is robust, very cost effective, and can be administered by someone (me) with a moderate knowledge of IT, coding, etc.

2) JoomlaLMS is fully functional out of the box and again only requires a moderate level of IT/website skills to administer. The software continues to be developed/improved over time.

3) JoomlaLMS support is outstanding. It is timely, patient, and friendly.

4) The fees are not insignificant, but they are fair, and they are scaled to the size of your user base. When it comes to paying fees, remember that you want a company to partner with that makes enough money to be profitable and stay in business. It would be a major problem for me if I had to migrate to another LMS system.

Vorteile: See review

Nachteile: No significant cons.

A good first website learning opportunity

Bewertet am 2.1.2019
Mary W.
Music instructor and secretary
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: After learning it, it did seem somewhat easy to navigate. I was able to learn the basics to get a website up and running in just one day.

Nachteile: It is difficult to show someone else how to maintain the website, as so many features are organized in strange fashions. Also, you have to click many times just to get to one item, and often has very clunky ways to finish up a project. Also, after a while, many links were irreparably broken. I also got multiple emails from Joomla - sometimes every few minutes. That seemed to be a flaw

Joomla - Outstanding CMS system

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Jen L.
Senior Developer & Designer

Vorteile: Easy for the User to manage
Large array of growth options for building out the interface
Great CSS control
Great options for changing the face of the site anytime you wish
Overall, this is a super software and should be used by anyone wanting a presence online
Management and updates / upgrades are not difficult but can be time consuming depending on your particular set up
Overall, costs for managing this type of interface are very reasonable

Nachteile: I have very little negative to say about this product. It's really a great product. The only thing I can say negative is sometimes the components, modules or plugins are not always supported when they are free so I would recommend buying only licensed products from long time vendors.

This product is awesome in every way

Bewertet am 21.9.2018
Mark K.
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been working with Joomla LMS for about 4 years know and I can say that they have been instrumental in my company success. My students love my web site and the professional experience they have when they use it. I have asked for several customization and they will get it done. There is nothing they were not able to do to make my business grow. They are great in every way, product, process, and people.

Vorteile: The out of the box product is great and is always improving
Customer support is very attentive ready to help at a moments notice
Customization are spot on. whatever you need them to create it will get done at a very fair price

Nachteile: None that I can think of. product is working great.

Awesome Component For Learning

Bewertet am 27.7.2016
Elisha O.
Unternehmensberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We started with using the famous moodle elearning. Though it was opensource for us as a company we needed something that has awesome interface, easy to configure and manipulate. We started searching online and bumped onto joomlalms. This is a MUST have if you need :- 1. Affordable elearning solution
2. Responsive elearning solution
3. Top notch cutomer service delivery
Look no further joomla LMS is your perfect solution.

Vorteile: 1. Cost effective
2. Robust
3. Mobile ready

Nachteile: So far nothing negative can i comment. They have always ensured that we get the best and request for our thought on further system improvements

Great advanced product with a high level of customer service.

Bewertet am 28.6.2016
Oleg K.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have selected the JoomlaLMS solution for a joint project of the National Corporate Directors Association, Moscow State University and the Corporate Development Centre "Topcompetence" after a thorough analysis of the options available at the LMS market. We also appreciate that considering such a significant functionality the price of the eLearningSoft solutions and services is very attractive. Moreover our decision for the collaboration with eLearningSoft was significantly influenced by the amazing work of the technical support team and customer service department - all the issues are solved quickly and efficiently. To sum it all up JoomlaLMS provides great advanced products and a high level of customer service.

Vorteile: The main advantages of this LMS for us are as follows: 1) Uncluttered and intuitive interface both for students and for teachers and administrators
2) Flexibility of the layout settings for LMS in general and courses in particular
3) Perfect SCORM-compatibility
4) A mobile platform provides a possibility to study not only using PC but also tablets and smartphones
5) Additional plugins can be used inside the LMS, including e.g. a forum for students and teachers and a platform for conducting webinars

Nachteile: No cons are detected yet

Atomized Learning for the Businesses

Bewertet am 8.4.2019
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Continuous Learning is essential for any individual as well as for the organization. JoomlaLMS was chosen to house our learning online classes and materials for all employees. Training costs have been reduced, and now we have a centralized portal for learning. Archived classes are easily accessible, and new courses can easily be created and shared as well. Another use case was to use JoomlaLMS for onboarding training for new hires. Since after setup of the modules for the first batch (and some minor updates along the next few batches), everything is already set up and available within JoomlaLMS and we just had to add the new hire and let them access it from anywhere (mobile, laptop, workstation, etc). This made Training and Development more manageable and easier to track for an HRM perspective.

Nachteile: I have no reason not to like it. The cost is reasonable and our industry continues to promote learning especially online learning be it a full-blown course work or even atomized mini-lessons for a cumulative certificate collection.

I helped my advisor with the management of the course

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Cristian camilo G.
Research Student
Hochschulbildung

Kommentare: Application provides to you portability, reports by quiz, variety of the questions

Vorteile: Application provides to you portability and permits to the students access to the material from everywhere and every time
Reports by quiz was very easy to access and understand, it helps to my advisor identify which topic was the worst for the course
Variety of the questions, it provides to my advisor a lot of options and most of them helps with the grading, it permits to save time in the grading process

Nachteile: Cost was so expensive to my advisor and he had to paid it
The enrolling for a few students was difficult the course didn't appear online. Was strange

Simple and powerful LMS for Joomla

Bewertet am 19.9.2016
Dile S.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We needed a learning platform that integrated with Joomla and Articulate, was simple to use - with the possibility of customisation and work-arounds when that was not possible. We liked the clean simple layout and ease with which students and administrators can find their way around.

Vorteile: In every instance that we had, where customisation was not possible, we were able to find a satisfactory work-around. For example, if students need to sit a final, external exam that is not part of the online training , the results can be manually added via JoomlaLMS. No other moderately-priced programme that we looked at was able to do this. This flexibility make JoomlaLMS far more powerful than is seen at first glance.

Nachteile: There is no user-based forum. Whilst the support is excellent and JoomlaLMS staff are endlessly patient and prompt at answering queries, I do think that the exchange of ideas and work around that users have found could really benefit the community.

Well done - an easy to use and good eLearning Solution

Bewertet am 26.1.2017
Jo R.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our association Trader4Charity with around 100 members use the eLearning system since 2 Years and we are very glad, that we choose this system. The support is first class and you really feel in good hands. The functions are well designed and we really love to work with.

Vorteile: Fast, well designed

JoomlaLMS review

Bewertet am 26.3.2013
A. john
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: The open-source platform of Joomla allows JoomlaLMS to be one of the most competitively priced systems available. It is consistently at the top of the Low Cost LMS options, regardless of delivery of number of users. At the same time, however, Joomla LMS delivers a wide array of features and functions found in much more expensive solutions. Although some features come with added cost. There is a robust assessment tool included in the LMS that allows for a vast array of testing and reporting options. The user-interface for JoomlaLMS can at times seem somewhat busy, as there is quite a bit of information and options on the screen at any given time. The pages and navigation are not as slick as many of the higher priced systems that are available…
That said, users will get an awful lot for their money with JoomlaLMS.

Vorteile: moderate price for high service level;
tool based on Joomla! - powerful content management system with thousands of applications;
wide choice of e-learning features;
high scalability and unlimited customization opportunities

Nachteile: relatively poor reporting system
lack of mobile application

It is a good option to configure virtual classrooms.

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Victor francisco G.
student

Vorteile: It is a very complete platform that allows you to configure / manage virtual classrooms, providing a good amount of options for your configuration, in which the sections or partitions of the classroom are predetermined and the administrator adapts them to your requirements through its edition and configuration.

Nachteile: I would say that the user should observe the support material provided by this tool which is distributed in a comfortable way through short videos in which they teach the fundamentals of their configuration, since there are so many configurations that we can do that maybe a user inexperienced does not reach to take advantage of all the benefits that this virtual platform offers.

One of the best LMS on the market

Bewertet am 2.10.2018
Bofu I.
MR
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Is not too expensive, easy to setup and run and the UX is friendly. Also the fact that is available cross-platform is also a big plus.

Nachteile: You may need a bit of experience in IT. Some features are not too straight and intuitive so you may need to run the documentation or chat with the support.

Excellent Joomla integration, functionality and support

Bewertet am 1.7.2016
Mike S.
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have added about 15 extensions to my Joomla site. JoomlaLMS is near the top for integration, functionality and support.

Vorteile: Deep integration. Excellent support.

Nachteile: Installation can be difficult but their support was top notch. Probably best in the industry.

Joomla

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Jorge C.
It Coordinator
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: you have a lot of templates available to use, a lot of them are free, you can have a complete website without knowing programming

Nachteile: the security it is very very poor, it can be easily hacked, and it is very hard sometimes to present images as you want to

Creating a website made easy

Bewertet am 5.12.2016
Ashley A.

Kommentare: I have minimal web development skills but I am able to make simple adjustments to our new website with ease. I am able to add plugins and update blog and job listings. It has made my life much easier to not have to bother our web developers every time I was to post a new blog.

A very stable and full function LMS for Joomla

Bewertet am 25.11.2015
Paul N.

Kommentare: We have been using this LMS since 2009 and to deliver e-learning to project and programme managers around the world. We have found the LMS to be very reliable, fully featured with very few problems. Any problems have been resolved very quick by the customer support team at Joomal LMS

The most effective product on the market

Bewertet am 5.1.2016
Boris K.
Support and Administration

Kommentare: We needed a Learning Management System to provide online education, reach more delegates and keep the quality of the delivered services. We've chosen JoomlaLMS because it is an cost effective product that provides security for keeping confidential data.

Great software package

Bewertet am 29.4.2014
Dorina G.
Knowledge Leader

Kommentare: Easy to use and make changes as needed..excellent customer service.

Decent LMS

Bewertet am 15.11.2018
Eva V.
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use and decent interface - gets the job done

Nachteile: It needs more features in order to compete with other LMS softwares