Buyer Beware

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Kevin W.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Once this product was implemented my booking phone calls increased and online bookings decreased. These issues were discussed with senior Management and they will not allow cancellation or a refund. My web traffic shows the vast majority of customers visit my site with mobile devices yet only 7% of the bookings are mobile. The company’s response was that folks shop on their smart device and then get on the desktop to book. The product is useless yet they don’t allow cancellation or refund.

Vorteile: Fast customer support.
They helped set up the inventory (no way you can do it yourself without database knowledge)

Nachteile: Online booking is not customer friendly. Mobile booking is worse. Known issues with iFrame that they don’t tell you about until after purchase. Demo version is not the live version, it’s their upcoming release.

von Taste Provence an 28.10.2019

Thank you for your feedback. Regarding your comments, we feel strongly that they do not reflect the actual version of events. I will attempt to clarify: (in very limited space provided here)
You claim that we do not allow refunds yet we provided a full refund. Your review should be updated to reflect that you were reimbursed 100% of the fee.
You are correct in that a higher percentage of customers booked from a desktop, however as you know we spent a great deal of time reviewing the google analytics and testing the online booking experience across multiple mobile and desktop devices. Our findings revealed that your website fonts were too big and our iframe was not given sufficient room to be easily visible. This is completely outside of our control, and something we advised that you take up with your website provider. We did however provide a simple workaround which you advised you would implement, but never did.
We did our utmost to identify the problem and provide a workaround.

Has everything you need from a small fleet up to a massive one

Bewertet am 10.8.2017
Jonny M.
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lots- made setup a lot easier, and it is a complete package (mostly) so no need for too many other programmes at all. It is in all-in-1 system

Vorteile: -Can handle many different types of businesses, as each one is different
-Once set up, it can work extremely well- it is well integrated to provide links to Mailchimp and other programmes e.g Lightspeed
-It is constantly being developed and updated
-Fantastic Customer Service
-Great Knowledgebase about troubleshooting, ideas, improvements and how-to's which are often self explanatory
-You just need to understand what will work for you, and how to set it up
-Great to be able to include mechanic tasks and servicing, and multiple locations on there

Nachteile: -Currently it isn't the best software out there for non bike rentals (e.g selling tours)- but this is being improved apparently
-Little bit confusing to get your head around if you are setting up, but if you commit to it, it is a great asset. I'm only using a fraction of the system and it's capabilities

von Taste Provence an 6.7.2018

Hi Jonny,
many thanks for your kind words!

Yes, we are working on tours right now, it is going to be a fantastic place to manage bikes and tours alike.

Excellent bike rental software

Bewertet am 19.6.2016
Rachael V.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: By the start of our second season in business I knew that our manual systems just weren't cutting it and I was worried that I was going to lose track of our forward bookings or make mistakes with the bookings I had. I'd looked into a number of different options but just hadn't found what I wanted - I needed a system that would allocated specific bikes to a booking, not just a random bike from a group. Then I found BRM and all was well in my world. At this stage we are only using a fraction of what the system offers, but this will change as our in house systems and processes develop.

Vorteile: Our forward bookings are no longer a nightmare. With BRM we can allocate a specific bike(s) to each booking and changing dates, bikes or any other details is simple and fast. The company is very responsive to questions and issues raised have been addressed very quickly. Looking forward to changing to BRM online booking next month.

Nachteile: Being a Mac user Safari is the default so just have to remember to use Chrome instead as the system works best with this.

von Taste Provence an 20.6.2016

Hi Rachel,

thanks very much for your great review.
regarding your point about running on a Mac, I'd just like to confirm to all, it works great on a Mac and on Safari, it is just a bit quicker on Chrome browser on a Mac (also free to download).

Personally I use a Mac, but many or our users have PC's.

thanks!

Best software for bike rentals!

Bewertet am 3.2.2017
Kerstin K.
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: First of all, the service is fantastic and fast! The software never fails. Every need a bike rental has is featured. Until now, we are very happy with it!

Vorteile: it's very logical

Great solution for bike shops

Bewertet am 12.9.2016
Jeff M.

Kommentare: We're a small shop but do a big rental business. We really needed a comprehensive system that was within our price range, and BRM was the answer. We've been using it for a year now and it has improved our efficiency greatly, plus the Online Booking Wizard has reduced our workload tremendously.
I was going to give only 4 stars for ease of use, but I have to say that simplicity hinders flexibility; something this powerful will take a bit of time to master, yet my staff was using the system successfully within 1-2 days. And the customer support deserves 6 stars, so my review would average out to 5 stars anyway. Make that 6-1/2 because value deserves 6 stars as well. My compliments to Doug and his team, despite the difference in time zones, we always get quick answers to our questions, and their on-line Knowledge Base is very comprehensive as well.

von Taste Provence an 13.9.2016

Hi Jeff,

many thanks for the kind words, and great review. We've got some good innovations coming for 'ease of use' too, to try and earn a real 5*!

Five stars across the board for good reason!

Samuel W.

Kommentare: BRM has taken what was a menial and time consuming task and streamlined it into a simple and flexible platform that puts convenience at your fingertips and time back on the clock. Their software is easy to learn and has helped push my rental business to the next level. It's allowed me to easily integrate the choices both my clients and I need directly through my site and thus the power in the hands of the consumer. For rental businesses such as mine BRM has been the single best decision I've ever made. It's that efficient! Not only is the platform user friendly but the service behind it is second to none. BRM has always been both quick and thorough with their responses to any of my inquiries and issues. They listen and adapt. You can't ask for more than that! BRM is Paris Bike Co's solution and should be yours too. Thanks BRM!!!

von Taste Provence an 23.4.2015

Hey Sam,

many thanks for your very kind words! We'll continue to strive to make it even better rental platform, for renters and shops.

We use BRM for our extensive hire fleets across 5 locations

Bewertet am 27.4.2015
Paul R.
Store manager

Kommentare: We have been using and developing BRM for our stores for the last 3 years or so and can say we are getting on well with the system utilizing most of its features now.
Really does a good job of booking out our bikes in advance and on the day of what can be really busy at times, keeping and over view of the service schedules and usage of each asset.
Reasonably quick for staff to use on the day with the ability to capture all the data required for security and marketing. Keeps a good track of financials too.
Reporting is something we still need to get to grips with and use to full potential.
On line booking is something we are moving into right now and are getting great support to enable us to ensure that the system is doing exactly what we require from it to enable us to have a great offer whilst retaining the day to day functionality of the system.

von Taste Provence an 27.4.2015

Hi Paul,

many thanks for your kind words, we are striving to make it even easier to use!

Best investment any rental business can make!

Bewertet am 4.6.2016
Andy T.

Kommentare: I wish we would have known about BRM years ago, it has completely changed our rental business! At first we were just thrilled at how nice it was to be able to see live inventory and have an accurate rental inventory at all times. Recently we added the online booking feature to our website and started using the EVO self registration in store, the results have been amazing! The amount of reservations have dramatically increased allowing us to be better prepared for each day, and the self registration system makes walk-in rentals faster and more efficient than any process we have ever tried. The bottom line is, BRM saves us hours of work everyday while at the same time resulting in by far, the best rental experience we have ever been able to offer.

von Taste Provence an 4.6.2016

Hey guys,

many thanks for your kind words! We look forward to making it even better...

Great tool to lend many bikes

Bewertet am 3.4.2018
Onno O.

Vorteile: easy to use, great support, nice staff,
We have been looking for a long time to get a software like this, which specializes in the bicycle rental.
Keep it up

Nachteile: It would be nice if there were all menu items in German. Then the incorporation of employees would be a little faster. But you can not have everything ;-) We are happy so far!

I can finally stop pulling my hair out!

Bewertet am 19.4.2016
James K.

Kommentare: BRM has allowed me to take all the information I used to juggle around in my old calendars, spreadsheet (and brain...argh!) and feed it into a very powerful tool that lets me focus on providing a great service to my rental customers. The developers are ever-improving the software and provide excellent and timely customer service. Now that BRM is integrated with Lightspeed Retail, revenue is streamlined with our retail bike store. Many thanks to the BRM team!!

von Taste Provence an 19.4.2016

Hey James, many thanks for your kind words.
So nice to hear "....powerful tool that lets me focus on providing a great service to my rental customers" That's exactly what we set out to do!

Got me up and running fast

Bewertet am 24.2.2017
Luke Y.
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's been great and now I get the hang of it I find it very easy and reliable. No paper or fuss. Keeps track of all my bookings. Easy to edit. Stoked to work with you folks. Looking forward to automation!

Vorteile: User friendly, customisable. Response rate. Backup. Pricing. Online booking system for mobile

Nachteile: Sometimes confusing

still I think I just use 30% of the possibilities the software offers. It offers all I need

Bewertet am 6.4.2016
Kerstin K.
Manager / Co-owner

Kommentare: Cons:
- not multilingual
- I can only use the software for renting bikes, if I sell something (e.g. bike clothing) I need a different software (causes difficulties in the accounting. How to invoice: 1 rent of bike + 1 bike jersey? Have to do it seperately
Pros:
- good service
- fast overview
- good to handle

von Taste Provence an 19.4.2016

Many thanks Kerstin for the great review!

Just a note to say that the online part is multi-lingual - English, French, German & Spanish so far.
Correct, we don't currently support retail within BRM, but retail-lite is coming winter 2016!

Excellent

Bewertet am 7.4.2016
Grace C.

Kommentare: BRM is simple and easy to use and is the efficient way of managing your bike rental system. I have found that for a small rental company out in the pacific, it makes monitoring and managing inventory hassle free and the customer service and technical assistance is beautiful - screenshot your problem with an email to them and they respond instantly.
Thank you BRM!

von Taste Provence an 8.4.2016

Hi Grace,

many thanks for your kind words. Its great to hear nice words about our support - it is something we work very hard on and place great importance on.

thanks,
Doug

outstanding service and responsiveness to client needs

Michelle G.
Marketing Director/shareholder

Kommentare: in a sector that requires very specialist knowledge, BRM is the only package that does precisely what it says on the tin. software for managing a fleet of rental bikes. developers respond quickly to issues and functionality is being enhanced constantly.

von Taste Provence an 23.4.2015

Hi Michelle,

many thanks for your kind words. We are also striving to get a 5 in the ease of use box! we are constantly working to improve the user experience, so please continue to send in any suggestions.
Doug

Answer to all of our problems!

Cassie D.

Kommentare: This has been great for sorting out our hire and demo fleet. It took a little bit to get used to and we had a few teething problems but now I don't know how was survived without it!
Would recommend it to any bike shop or hire bike company.

von Taste Provence an 24.4.2015

Thanks Cassie for the great review! Really glad to hear it's been so helpful for your business.

Great software for bike shops

Bewertet am 27.4.2015
Andro T.

Kommentare: Easy navigation, control of payments, overview of rentals, calendar view.. Basically very user friendly software ideal for bike rental companies.

von Taste Provence an 27.4.2015

Hi Andro,

many thanks for taking the time to do a review, and for your kind words.