Über Kanban Tool

Kanban Tool ist ein visuelles Projektmanagement für die Visualisierung und Optimierung von Arbeitsabläufen und Teamzusammenarbeit in Echtzeit.

Erfahre mehr über Kanban Tool

Like a lot of people, I’ve been working from home more often, sometimes going into the office once or twice a week.

No shortcomings yet for my use but will update if I uncover any.

Bewertungen zu Kanban Tool

Kanban Tool hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 103 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Kanban Tool bereits verwendet?

Mariano P.
Mariano P.
Jefe in Spanien

Flexible and intuitive tool

Kommentare: Use in combination with Todoist, combining it through Zapier. This way I have the best of both worlds and I manage the work using few resources.

Execute well the metaphor of physical panel on the wall with all the power of online tools.

It is necessary to be organized not to overturn too much information and that the boards do not become unmanageable.

Isaiah M.
Isaiah M.
Telecom Engineer in USA
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kanban Tool user of 5 years

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience has been good, quick setup, customization, and the support group was very responsive to any challenges I experienced with the product.

When I became a project manager, I originally discovered Kanban Tools and wanted a visual way of tracking small sub-projects with short life cycles. It was easy to set up and adjust to the project's demands.

Today, I can't think of any cons, as most of them have been worked out. However, I will suggest more ideas to improve Kanban Tools with continued use.

Online Marketing Specialist in Slowakei
Automotive, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

I expected more

It is a good projects and task management tool, visual and easy-to-use. But as I've used other tools already, I'm not impressed with this one. It's cheap.

I advise you to try it out and see for yourself if this one fits your needs or not. For us Trello and Evernote are better but you might be delighted by it.

Alex G.
Project Manager in USA

Excellent Light-to-Medium Weight Tool

Kommentare: I love this tool. It's exactly what I need, and customization is a breeze. If you're new to task boards and/or have a smaller, simpler team or workflows, start with this before you dive into the deep end with Atlassian or other products, especially if your focus is more on "seeing the big picture" than keeping a detailed log of work across a large number of team members

It does everything I need from a Kanban Board out of the box, does so intuitively, and does not get bogged down in optimizations/extra features. However, if you want them, they're easy to implement.

It feels more like it was designed and documented by engineers rather than sales staff, and its no-frills design is a big selling point for me, but others may disagree. It's "simple out of the box, opt-in to additional features" also means a little more upfront configuration, but I still think it's good design. A few minor nice-to-have features (colored tags, saving multiple filtered views) might be missing or paywalled, but I haven't explored all the possibilities in their documentation yet.

Torsten T.
CEO in Schweiz
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Nice, simple looking Kanban Tool with a strong and comprehensive feature set.

Kommentare: After a short onboarding and testing phase due to good help files it was very satisfying having that tool up and running.

Workflow management - did not see that flexible way in other Kanban tools.

Sometimes I would like to change the font in tile headers.

Shoukhin M.
Found & CEO in Bangladesch
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Follow-up your workflow with this tool

Kommentare: The app is intuitive, easy to use, and has helped me organize my workflow. I love that I can add tasks from other project management software platforms such as Trello, Asana, Jira and others.

Kanban is based on the idea of limiting work in progress (WIP) to avoid overloading individual workers. It also leverages the concept of collaboration and communication, but it doesn’t stop there. Kanban helps manage projects holistically by providing a visual feedback loop that can be used to diagnose problems, identify bottlenecks, and see how changes impact the project as a whole.

user interface should be improved more to make this tool more user-friendly

Max F.
Agile Coach & Consultant in Deutschland
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

A great tool to use as a freelance consultant

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: For me the best tool for simple use on a personal (or small team) basis.

Its very minimalistic design style and intuitive handling. It's very quickly and easily set up and doesn't take long to get used to. Can really recommend when trying to organize multiple personal/business projects. Best of all, it's free!

Adding and collaborating with other team members/customers on a board requires a premium subscription - but that's fair, i guess ;)

Vugar R.
Vugar R.
Project Coach in Serbien
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best kanban tool to use

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: After deploying this tool our team started to follow limiting WIPs, increasing productivity and efficiency.

It is easy to use no-code platform which has different options starting from two team members to 10s. This software is simple, very impactful, and user-friendly for SMEs especially. Tools such as "Analytics" and "Changelog" are very convenient in following the tasks and progress of the project.

This software fully covers all the requirements we have for our ongoing two projects.

Leah K.
Case Manager in Kanada
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great product

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I really like the ability to visualize my day and prioritize tasks. It keeps me focused and on schedule. It is easy to use and very cost effective.

I like the visual component and the cost effectiveness of it. I find the colour coding of different tasks helps me organize and balance my day.

The app can be a little difficult to navigate. It doesn’t have the same functionality as the website. I would like to have more control over my tasks via app.

David B.
CEO in Argentinien
Computer-Hardware, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Excelent Tool

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

easy to use and be able to use it on different platforms

At the moment there is nothing I don't like

Ryan D.
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Flexible, Intuitive Time and Task Management

Kommentare: I was recently on the hunt for a task management tool that I could run separate from the commercial products used at my workplace. This would allow me to add in personal tasks and lower level tasks that weren't appropriate to track in the enterprise boards I was a part of. I came upon Kanban Tool and was immediately impressed by the set up options; At a basic level, you already have access to basic, time and event driven Kanban boards, as well as several types of team boards for collaboration. From there, you can further customize the columns, number of lanes, and functions. You can import and export tasks through .csv and and calendar, making everything portable. In practice, I was impressed with the simplicity of the cards on the board. They can be created by color, helpful when trying to manage a bunch of different workflows like I am. At a glance, I can also see the priority, days until due (or past due days!), and the number of sub-tasks within a card. That's right - You can set up checklists WITHIN the card, which is hugely useful. If you like to have a card for each subtask, you can do that to, and mark subsequent tasks as blocked until the subtask is complete. I also enabled a cool extra that causes cards to "fade" over time, giving another visual cue to things that aren't getting done. Time tracking for each task was a bit of a revelation. Once I got in the habit of shifting every task I was working (The timer starts as soon as you put it in the "in progress" zone), I got really good info on what type of tasks were chewing up time, and even on the fact that I was working on a lot of things throughout the day that I didn't think to track. Finally, Kanban Tool offers what they call "Power-ups", which are basically plugins. The ones I have been really excited about are the ability to attach files to Dropbox or Onedrive, a custom Chromecast feature that allows the board to be cast up to a TV (Great for my family chore board in particular!), and one that allows you to manipulate checklists without opening cards. In the end, the only real niggle I had with the product was that while I can manually arrange cards in the To Do area (I use multiple swim lanes), one lane can't be longer than the others. I am an enthusiastic product researcher, so I was a bit surprised when my productivity management hunt just lost steam after starting with Kanban Tool. For flexibility and daily use, I couldn't ask for more.

Flexibility, extensibility, intuitive interface.

Not being able to fully manually arrange to do items.

Luis M.
Security Architect in Mexiko
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Pure Kanban

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We were using other systems to track our projects, we tried several and our associates didn't identify themselves with any of them, we try it all, time managers, other online tools, none worked until we found out Kanban Tool, since the beginning we fell in love with the tool, they are tracking their work better than ever before, now they don't feel pressured or intimidated by the tools is easy simple take them seconds to track their work and overall we are happy campers.

The clean and intuitive user interface, it's really easy to feed and get information from the system, the personalization is great to, having your own domain, simplifies integration with internal systems, for us security is very important because we manage sensitive projects for our customers and Kanban Tool complies with our requirements like SSO, 2FA and user roles. The customization features are great too, you can start working with the system out of the box and once you are immerse in the daily activities you can customize the system to fit your needs it has lots of options at your disposal.

I think small business should have high quality options to start, it would be great that the free version had at least a 4 users for free, but well I understand is a business too

Trineka N.
Executive Officer in Neuseeland
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent

Kommentare: I can't believe how user friendly Kanban Tool is. We have used the physical Kanban board in the past, but using it online is great when one of us is offsite, we can easily check or add to our boards.

Having completed the Agile Foundation Course a few years ago, the Kanban Tool was a real find. It is quick, effective and good use of both our time. We have a quick 'stand-up' every day to look at the board and what each of us have added. We love the fact it is easy to move tasks around, add check lists, due dates and new boards and assign tasks to each other.

It may just be a feature I haven't discovered, but I would like to make the actual board wider across the page.

Stefan F.
CEO in Schweiz

Easy to start, use and at least one very important USP

You can start really easy and grow while using. The Setup is made very fast and the Powerups helps to not overload your Board. But the most useful feature which I didn't find anywhere else so far is, that you can show the ToDo-List of every card in the Board from the Beginning (always on). You don't need to expand it every time you want to look whats to do. Great feature! Hint: Check the PowerUps in Settings!

You have to take care how much Cards you pin to the board becaus it can get look overloaded fast. The missing of "EPIC" leads to use Swimlines as Epic (which works surprisingly good), but makes the board big in some cases. In General, Dependencys between the Cards can be created and Cards can be linked, but there is no visible Dependency on the Board itself (f.e. cards in cards ore somethind like that). On the other side, this is a good opportunity to not over-administrate your work ;-)

Richard J.
Mortgage Broker in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Kanban Tool For Mortgage Brokerage

Kommentare: I have spent 6 months looking for a cost effective Kanban tool. I have tried multiple CRM systems and Kanban tools throughout all of which have appeared overly complex, daunting and off putting without ever really giving me what I need as a sole trader. Kanbans flexibility, affordable low monthly cost and system functionality is perfect for me as a mortgage broker. I would gladly (and have) recommended this to other colleagues in the industry.

Easy to Use Quick to Set up Reminders linked to email and outlook calendar Personalisation features allow this to meet the needs of my business Multiple Boards available Future dated reminders for product renewals can be set.

Email task reminders take you direct to the clients card however sometimes for a client I can have multiple tasks so having the email specific to the task that is due that day would save time reviewing your clients card to establish which task is due on that given day.

Courtney M.
Site Manager in USA
Biotechnologie, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple and Effective

The software is easy to use and intuitive. I was able to easily set up a project board for myself and my team to manage several ongoing projects, include the dependencies, and have a quick visual available for team meetings. The software does not feel like it creates additional work just to track work, which is a bonus. Reoccurring tasks stay to the side, not cluttering the board with redundancy. Exporting due dates to the calendar allows for an additional safety check to not miss anything important.

Reoccurring tasks do not populate to Outlook, would be a great addition. Along the same lines, for reoccurring tasks, the ability to have them occur on a specific day instead of just date (i.e. the 3rd Monday of the month, instead of having to choose 14th of the month).

Andi S.
Head of the department of construction and transport in Schweiz
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Enjoy the swimlane!

Kommentare: Open Kanban Tool and work! It's easy to understand.

Easy to use and I like the swimlanes - never saw this in other tools.

Well, it's not cheap - but powerfull! The free version is about only two boards. A little more would be nice.

Anthony B.
Anthony B.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Immediate Visibility into my workflow

Kommentare: I was looking for a tool to create an actual view of my production environment and good flow metrics. In a very short period of time I have created a view that matches the flow of my work and is also able to adapt. The ability to create workstations for each phase of work and to subdivide those into working and waiting states has given me positive control of my orders. The ability to create swimlanes for expedited work and to visually highlight blockages makes it possible to better visualize the real state of our work.

Ability to have multiple tiers within a column that allows me to build out a real view of my process. Clarity of the view on screen to improve visibility of the process Potential to present the board on a larger screen in the workspace to provide live visibility of the state of work Initial reporting that provides basic metrics

I would like a little more reporting granularity so I can see and analyze times work spends sitting and show that in a graphical way. I would like a tighter restriction on WIP limits. It is present but not enforced.

Software Engineering Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A great tool for taking the lessons from the software development world into other domains.

When working as software development manager with multiple teams juggling many priorities and interruptions, I found the Kanban methodology extraordinarily beneficial in helping to organize multiple complex work streams. This affordable Kanban tool provides the same benefits for managing my personal affairs and volunteer organization commitments, by helping me easily break down often daunting/unpleasant epics into manageable chunks and defining the custom workflow I need to most effectively actually progress/accomplish them.

No shortcomings yet for my use but will update if I uncover any.

Miguel G.
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A Kanban board that caters to any needs

Kommentare: Kanban Tool is truly one of the best Kanban applications I have seen. It is definitely a Kanban purist, providing functionality beyond simple boards with drag and drop functionality. It provides plenty of features to make this a very functional application for environments who truly embrace the use of Kanban boards. The UI is simple and clean... nothing fancy, just pure functionality.

Kanban Tool offers true kanban board functionality with an amazing number of features and customization abilities not found in other Kanban products. Kanban Tool lets you create Kanban boards of any size and style. Start with a default simple board and expand columns and swimlanes as needed. Customize the cards by various types, as well as customize the fields you wish to display. Kanban Tool starts with 11 fields and lets you add another 15 custom fields. Reconfigure your board and choose from about 2 dozen power up apps to make your experience better.

Kanban Tool avoided the eye candy most other developers often rely on to bring customers on-board. They left well enough alone. No fancy UI's, just truly functional product. In hind-sight, this is not necessarily a CON, but thought it deserved to be mentioned.

Ran K.
Ran K.
Software Engineer in Israel
Versicherung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool to disseminate and monitor team tasks

Kommentare: great tool overall.

Kanban is used by many departments for tasks. We are able to track and disseminate tasks to team members and know were additional resources are needed. Very intuitive UI interface.

unable to sort tickets visually, search tool can be improved much more to do quick and more in depth search.

Antwort von Shore Labs

We highly recommend sorting cards by any chosen criteria, by right-clicking an empty space between cards in any column.

Director Of Technical Services in
Automotive, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Very efficient

Kommentare: Kanban tool does what it claims to be best at facilitating smooth team collaboration in an easy, no-nonsense way. Love the new design they've brought out, love the ease of creating new projects, love the maintenance-free time tracking, love their quick support team.

This is probably one of the 3 easiest to get to know applications I have come across.

Not the best mobile support, I'm afraid.

Simone F.
Laboratory Assistant and Webmaster in Italien
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Effective tool to master your personal and team productivity

Kommentare: The overall experience is fantastic because you can take note of every activity and make it done for sure!
Also it's funny to move cards and customize their colour, the visual impact is actually helping your work.
Finally a word must be said on Support Service: they are very professional!

The flexibility in task organisation, swim lanes are fantastic to group related tasks. The possibility to add details, files, checklists, is great! Also remainders and priority&due dates are very useful.

The software is free only for 2 users, this limitation is quite strict.

Casmin G.
Casmin G.
Public Relations Specialist in USA
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for productivity.

Kommentare: Improved efficiency and team output.

It's a great tool to improve team productivity. Whether you're in software development, sales, or marketing, it's awesome. You can easily view everyone's tasks on one board and then assign new ones, rate tasks based on difficulty and time needed, set deadlines, and more.

It is the best tool for project tracking and staying on task and productive. The only little complaint I have is that unless you log in, you can't easily see all the changes that have been made.

Edgar R.
Edgar R.
Consultor en comunicación y tecnologías de información in Mexiko
Museen & Institutionen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A great jump for Kanban boards online

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Using the trial version lets you play around with all the features for 15 days, plus someone from Kanban Tool's team wrote to me to be by my side in case I needed some guidance. Multi-language support is also available and cross app implementation (including a mobile version for Android an iOS) makes it a very rich and powerful tool.

Implementing Kanban boards on any industry not only helps improving time, resources and making life easier... If you know how to implement them. It's not that troublesome and thats what is great about this tool, finally a version online that is easily editable and adapted to your project needs is at your fingertips. No wonder why so many great companies are among their clients.

It's a little pricey for the small project manager but for bigger and more ambitious managers is this worth every penny.