Excellent tool for Project Management!

Bewertet am 12.4.2018
Nicole C.
Front Office Operations / Rooms Division Management
Gastgewerbe, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I was first exposed to this software in a Project Management course I took in college years ago. I loved how Gantter looks and feels just like Google, which made it so easy for me to learn how to use and store all of my files. It also imports Microsoft Project files which is a HUGE benefit for me. I became so well acquainted with the software that I decided to purchase my own subscription of Gantter when I began my career. Not to mention its low cost for a month is very affordable in comparison to similar software I looked into. Today, as a supervisor in the Hospitality Industry I use Gantter for all of my project management needs. I have introduced the software to co-workers who later adopted Gantter as well

Nachteile: I wish that there was a mobile edition available at this time, but I have been told that this will be released later in the year. That would be really cool if that's the case

One of the easiest ways to make a Gantt Chart in GSuite

Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Max P.
Manager, Professional Services & IT

Kommentare: This used to be the only way to make a gantt chart on Gsuite besides using Google Sheets manually. I used to use this all the time for projects and share out when this was free. Not that it costs money per user, our company went back to using Google Sheets manually or Gantt Project. The Web UI is great and you can share and export in many different ways or as a webpage which is really helpful.

Vorteile: This software used to be fully free. There are a lot of integrations and the UI looks clean and easy to get going. The webpage sharing feature is great as is the other export methods.

Nachteile: Now that this costs money, I am less inclined to use it. Also, sometimes the dependencies and moving things around takes a while to get used to, but that is Gantters in general.

Gantter works great for teaching project management!

Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Melanie A.
IT Director and Computer Science Adjunct
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In teaching project management at a University, it is difficult to find a product that all students can use easily and freely to allow learning to happen successfully. Gantter provides all the benefits of the more expensive project management suites with much easier use for everyone.

Vorteile: It is platform independent and all in the cloud. It is very collaborative and allows quick understanding of managing a project.

Nachteile: Occasionally people have issues installing the first time into their google accounts.

Works Great for my Students

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
David R.
Managing Partner
Internet, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I learned about Gantter from my students as they were working on their Senior Capstone project here at George Mason University. As there is an initiative to promote enterprise level tools and best practices to our students, I have found that Gantter is a perfect balance between ease of use and robust features and gives my students a taste of what to expect in the real world.

Vorteile: Cloud based, removes the need to manage software on different platforms and OS's. Integration with MS Project, which helps with student efficiency. As the instructor, I am able to monitor the class progress without interfering with their work. Integration of Risk Management is huge, as it is always challenging to convey the importance of proper risk awareness in an academic setting. Integration with Google is also helpful as it is common that students are already set up to collaborate with their tools.

Nachteile: There are always challenges when using a web based tool, but Gantter does an admirable job covering the shortcomings of browser based software.

Gantter for use in VCE Software Development

Bewertet am 18.2.2019
Mary H.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When we (students and myself) have contacted Gantter Customer service, they have been quick to respond and accommodate. But sometimes the request hasn't followed through and by the time my students visit Gantter again to update their SAT criterion, they've lost access.

Vorteile: The software is accessible anytime, any place. My past students have stated how easy it is to use and they like it because they use Google Chrome already and like that it is just a Google Add-On. I like it also for it's ease of use and taught as a teaching tool.

Nachteile: That you only get a limited free subscription. Last year my Y12 students used it and requested an extension but it was not given, so had to re-do their SAT using another project management tool which took time out of their already limited timeframe.

I use this program for my classroom activities.

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Associate Professor
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Accessibility. Flexibility. Freedom to use it and skip bureaucracy at state university.
I know that there is always a good program that I can relay to.
No installation needed. I can open it at any time and any device.

Vorteile: Easy to access in the classroom. The students can develop a project in the classroom and later they can work on the projects from home. This is needed a lot since other programs are not flexible.

Nachteile: It can be sometimes bit slow to open all the projects in same classroom in Macedonia. We liked the free version.

One of the Best software

Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Assistant Manager
Bau

Kommentare: Free tool that integrates fully with Google Drive, which makes sharing easy.

Vorteile: This is Web based Software. It is support Windows and Mac also. We can use this software in more than 15 languages. This is best software for Small business as well as big company.

Nachteile: It can be sometimes bit slow to open all the projects in same time. Printing is poor - to print large projects I have to export to MSP and then print.

Gantter App: this is a feature rich product with much scope for customisation.

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Rosemary R.
Technology Teacher

Vorteile: This software has capabilities that make it an industry standard - it is an opportunity to built marketable skills in our students before they leave school. It is also instrumental in managing their time.

Nachteile: The process of adding students to a subscription is cumbersome as only one student can be added at a time. I would like the facility to upload a CSV file of emails directly from our welfare system.

We use this app in our digital media project management courses and to help plan senior projects.

Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Trudy C.
Associate Professor
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Helps me teach students how to plan and schedule projects.

Vorteile: - Good way to give students experience using Gantt charts for planning
- Easy to learn to use
- Integration with Google Drive
- Adequate functionality for small to mid-sized project

Nachteile: - Assigning multiple resources to tasks is awkward when effort-driven processing is enabled
- Needs better scaling options for chart when creating reports

Regular user. I have managed in excess of 30 projects using Gantter.

Bewertet am 10.10.2017
Aaron P.
Head of Project Portfolio Management

Kommentare: The ease of use has made it a more accessible project management tool. Because staff can learn to use the tool so easily they have n=been more acceptable to using it than MSP.

Vorteile: Free tool that integrates fully with Google Drive, which makes sharing easy. Easy to learn and use - much easier than MSP and other project tools.

Nachteile: Printing is poor - to print large projects I have to export to MSP and then print. There is no auto resource levelling which is a weakness if you are managing multiple projects that share the same resources.

Gantter - Great for training and ease of use

Bewertet am 24.6.2019
Michael M.
Project Management Trainer
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use it as a tool when training people in project management. It is excellent software

Vorteile: I train people in project management at the KZN Business Training Centre in South Africa. I use Gantter in the training for people to capture their projects. I encourage them to continue to use the paid version in their organisations, which probably leads to more uptake of the product. Gantter is easy for learners to grasp in the limited duration of the course, and they love it! It is great for me as the facilitator as they experience great learning and are able to get hands on, and see meaningful results

Nachteile: Nothing I don't like - it serves our purposes perfectly

Excellent product for gantt charting. Enables me to see my project and its progress at a glance.

Bewertet am 5.10.2017
Jay F.
Commercial Property Manager

Kommentare: If you're not familiar with gantt charts, it can be difficult to pick up, but this is not a shortcoming of the product.

Vorteile: This free online tool is invaluable. I especially like how it integrates with Goggle Docs for multi-user functionality. The you-tube tutorials are outstanding and worth checking out.

Nachteile: Sometimes, when I return to update, my settings from the last time I entered data are not the same. This MAY be an issue with Google Docs integration.

Major usability problems

Bewertet am 20.12.2017
Partner and Lead Control Systems Engineer

Kommentare: Learned more about the alternatives in project management software.

Vorteile: Has all the needed features in an easy-to-understand configuration. Gantt chart, resource tracking, task lists all straightforward and as you'd expect coming from any kind of traditional project management software.

Nachteile: Major user interface and usability issues, poor support. I struggled with heaps of unnecessary mouse clicks required to perform some operations (or at least unintuitive alternatives that I never discovered). Most grating was that scrolling was completely messed up (on my Mac OSX 10.10.5 with either Chrome or Safari). Scrolling in the main display jittered up and down at random, and trying to scroll back and forth on the Gantt timeline also caused vertical scrolling in the tasks---completely unusable. Trying to find support for these issues also led down infinite rabbit holes of trying to submit a ticket and being told I have no tickets.

Very simple for gant planing

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Jan K.
asistant

Vorteile: Simpla nad free software for Gant charts. It also gives the ability to locate resources to tasks.

Nachteile: The software functionality is limited compared to Microsoft Project. However this tool is free and online.

It is a friendly and wonderful project management tools

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Leticia B.
Teacher, Project Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A web tool that helps to improve my project management classes.
Students loves the tool.

Vorteile: I teach project management classes, and It helps to may students to make knowledge tangible and apply what they learn in a real project.
The response of the forum is quickly and great

Nachteile: The tool now has a cost.
It could improve some functionalities like cost management, reports, and others, but I am conscious that the are always working in things that people ask to improve.

At our Marketing Agency, we use Gantter to manage internal project plans & work for our clients!

Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Susan sunita K.
Marketing Strategist

Vorteile: - The 'Suggest & Assist' feature has helps me create detailed project plans by prompting tasks, risks and resources as I'm typing my task! It gives me the confidence that I haven't overlooked something.
- With thousands of community-contributed templates to choose from, I haven't had to start from scratch with any of my project plans! It's saved me so much time.
- The Community Forum is full of tips & tricks, and help from peers around the world! I haven't needed to submit a ticket yet, since I always find my answers in the forum.
- Everyone on our team uses Google Apps, which made Gantter very familiar and easy to use for us!

Nachteile: Printing your file can be a little difficult if your plan has a detailed Gantt chart. But there are ways it can be done!

Easy to use work

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Fernando Z.
Student

Kommentare: I'm working on school project and is easy to do the follow up

Vorteile: It's really easy to start a new project
Adding activities is easy and you can view all the activities really quickly

Nachteile: I found it very easy to use, I didn't found any issue so far

Excelent project management tool

Bewertet am 7.10.2019
Leticia B.
Project Manager Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent

Vorteile: It´s on the cloud and very similar with Ms. Project
Integrated with Google Docs

Nachteile: Portafolio and program management is a weakness

I have evaluated this product for use in my Year 9 - 12 Digital Technologies,Programming classes

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Brian S.
ICT Coordinator

Kommentare: Google Apps and Drive support
Project management intro for students
Allows them to break down tasks in a useful and fiunctional manner

Vorteile: It is linked to Google drive where my student can easily access their charts and manage their projects

Nachteile: None at the moment but a full scale trial will be done in the second half of this year with all my classes trialling this for their projects

The visual work

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Harold C.
Personal docente
Design, Selbstständig

Vorteile: This it's very easy to customize and order the team target

Nachteile: not is compatible with other software about organizations

High Quality Inexpensive Project Tool

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Mike H.
Managing Director
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm a consultant who uses Gantter for my client projects and have now have clients using it.

Vorteile: 1) Work Breakdown process is easy and mimics other popular tools.
2) Task Types - handles fixed duration, units or work.
3) Resources - Easy to assign and customize the calendars of resources.
4) Constrains - Effectively handles constraints.
5) Critical Path - Highlights critical path.
6) Gantt Chart - Easily cusomizable.
7) Easy to learn and teach others
8) Price - This is the best part, it's too cheap to turn down!

Nachteile: Reporting is not extensive.
Can't filter tasks.

Tried to use it, not worthy

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Sales and Ops

Vorteile: Gantter is a tool for project management, although it allows to have several projects the easy of use of the solution is really a pain. Seems to be an old fashioned tools

Nachteile: User interface is not nice, its sluggy, and does not respond as you expect. Not recommended.

Great tool for project management. It got the work done just fine...

Bewertet am 13.6.2018
Marcos G.
Production and Content Director
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We used this tool for a little time at the office. It was very easy to use. I remember we found all the features we where looking for, specially for creating Gantt charts. And of course, it integrates with Google Drive, so we can share projects and files with everyone in the company.

Nachteile: We had several issues printing Gantt charts (a resource we use A LOT!), plus the fact that there was no mobile app forced us to keep looking for other solutions...

Simple but effective project management software

Bewertet am 9.12.2016
Ruggero G.

Kommentare: It a sort of simpler version of MS Project. It allows the creation of Gantt diagrams and monitoring the progress of the project and the resource usage. It is fully compatible with MS Project and allows online collaboration of team members. Very easy to use and appropriate for simple to medium complexity projects.

Great gantt chart tool for projects

Bewertet am 26.4.2018
David P.
Lecturer

Vorteile: This was a useful site for generating Gantt charts for project management and scheduling. It is very intuitive and easy to use for students who've never made a Gantt chart before.

Nachteile: The ability to integrate into more online project management websites. Having two different websites for project information is not very efficient if you're using another tool as well.