An Awesome Resource Network

Cheri M.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CharityTracker is a shared database of client assistance, its a way to communitycate with other assistance agencies, its a way to set client goals and work on them together to track and schieev shared outcomes. Its also the tool to use to track outcomes for a Getting Ahead in a just gettin' by world program, with it's own module customized to match the assessment and turn out progress reports, stability scores and Return on Investment.

Vorteile: Navigation of the software is as easy as navagating a common webpage. History of modifications eliminates the chance that another agency might update (and loose) an address or phone number that you need. The Alert system is very helpful for quickly communicationg to other agencies.

Nachteile: That every agency in the whole community isnt using it!

Love CharityTracker

Brock C.
Discipleship & Missions Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CharityTracker has been wonderful to work with. They have great customer service and have always responded quickly.

Vorteile: We have used CharityTracker for several years. I love that we are able to share information about how we have helped people in our community as well as see how other organizations have helped too. The alerts and notes are great tools. I can't imagine running a ministry that assists approximately 40 families per week without CharityTracker.

Nachteile: Nothing. We love CharityTracker and would recommend it to any organization or church that is doing benevolent ministries in their community.

keeps you in the loop

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Koya H.
Intake Manager
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Charity tracker to keep track of what services clients that come to us are receiving in the county so that we can make sure there aren't people abusing the system. We love it!

Vorteile: I love using Charity Tracker. Our agency has been using this software for years and it has been a lifesaver. I love that Charity tracker allows you to see services that clients are receiving from other agencies in the network. This has helped us tremendously in keeping down the amount of persons who abuse social services in the community.

Nachteile: Charity tracker freezes a lot! I mean at least 4 or times in an hour of use. Some days we can't even get into the software and getting someone to assist you is almost impossible. They make you put in a request which sometimes it's a week before we get a response. Anything that needs to be updated or worked out, you have to go through this lengthy process and it's just annoying.

Fundraising Fudamental

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Monte C.
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My organization uses this software to find potential donors.

Vorteile: Easily monitor grant funders for nonprofits by keeping track of donations and manage the number of donors for yearly fundraising.

Nachteile: Does not help with grant writing but it does monitor the number of grants you write and keeps track of contribution dollars.

Lack of training was the challenge we faced and are still dealing with nine months later.

Bewertet am 23.8.2017
Pj B.
HMIS Trainer
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ability to run reports, for individual agencies or for the entire CoC has been vital. NOTE: As far as the questions about our industry. We are an agency who serve both the vulnerable and homeless in our community and we serve as the lead agency for homelessness for the county. You industry list does not have a social services category.

Vorteile: Ability to view and cancel gives new users confidence to 'look' through the system. For folks that only have to input new and/or update data, the users feel confident because the software is not written in 'computerese'. Although I cannot get all the reports that I want as an administrator, the system has a large a variety of reporting options.

Nachteile: The lack of auto-population affords more opportunities for mistakes/keystroke errors. There are nuances to every software and because we did not have adequate training there has been too much 'learning on the job' when we are dealing with reports and data that impact grant requirements. There is verbiage that is confusing and used in different ways i.e. 'Show Assessments' in Projects versus 'Assessments' and Services/Assistance/Categories (with all three overlapping/conflicting when using). There are categories that have to be reflected under and agency's services which are (either one or both) used when you want to request or input an Assistance.

Charity Tracker Transformed our Non-profit Agency and our Community

Bewertet am 20.6.2019
Rebekah C.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have solved a huge communication and coordination issue in our community related to client needs and securing available resources.

Vorteile: Charity tracker is easy to use and easy to teach to our volunteers who have limited computer experience. We have not only used it as our in-house client data base but are administrating a Network in our community with several other non-profits. It has made it so much easier to share information with other agencies about clients and immediate needs.

Nachteile: We would like for other agencies in our area to join our network and use this software, however, the current software some are using for this purpose is either written or endorsed by a parent company for their use. Using Charity Tracker would require them to double enter their records.

Best Practice Decision

Lee P.
Library Social Work Manager
Bibliotheken, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: -the ability to update/change/customize the software at-will
-the responsive staff whenever I have questions
-the ability to run my own reports and pull-data quickly without having to interact with a support person.

Nachteile: What bothers me the most is that it is not fully HMIS integrated​ into the HMIS software that our county uses. It is vastly easier and more intuitive than HMIS and I wish we could use this instead of doing double entry on some cases.

A tool for moving clients towards self-sufficiency

Bewertet am 1.7.2019
Debbi A.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As mentioned above, my organization is not a direct service provider. Therefore, we do not actually input information into Charity Tracker - because we are not providing any rent, utilities, food, etc to our clients. However, it is an extremely important tool for us to use as we assess the level of crisis that our clients are in when they come to us.

Vorteile: This tool allows me to work towards the goal of our organization - moving individuals and families from dependency to self-sufficiency. A simply glance on charity tracker allows me to see the depth of their dependency on other local organizations and then move ahead with setting goals and finding solutions.

Nachteile: The software is amazing - but only as good as the number of organizations that use it. In our community, we need to see more "direct service providers" using this tool. There is no way to know of the services they are receiving throughout the community unless those organizations participate by sharing their information in this incredible tool.

Help track clients

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Gail F.
Secretary/Treasurer
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a very helpful tool to our organization as we can see everywhere they have been to for help.

Vorteile: It is an easy program to use and us very beneficial to our organization. It gives a lot of options for reports.

Nachteile: You can’t remove clients from list that haven’t been to any of agencies for over 2 years which makes the client list really long

Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Tracy B.
Operations
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this software has met most of our expectations.

Vorteile: I like that this software is easy to navigate. I can easily find what I am looking for when using this software.

Nachteile: The thing I do not like about this software is that it isn't very intuitive. You need to be very specific when searching.

Charity Tracker For a Network of Providers

Erin M.
Community Impact Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are attempting to address a multiple issues by implementing Charity Tracker:
1. Provide a useful tool for our non-profit, government and faith-based partners to track the assistance they are providing in our county.
2. Providing them a simple way to report on the assistance they are providing in our county.
3. Connect organizations to each other, across a network, to better serve clients with varying needs in a more holistic way. Organizations can make direct, electronic referrals to each other across the network for assistance they are not able to provide.
4. We are asking all organizations using the system to input program-level detail to ensure that the referrals that are made are "qualified leads".
5. Offering organizations a way to better goal-set and track outcomes with their clients, with multiple organizations having the ability to assist/participate in the goal-setting and outcome tracking.
6. We are seeking to understand gaps in assistance as well as reduce duplication of service.
7. We are streamlining the intake process by setting a minimum level of information that organizations must record during intake, which will also ensure that all organizations assisting a client have the information they need in order to do so.
8. We will utilize the collective data to bring more dollars into our county to help support the organizations in our county that are providing assistance.

Vorteile: What I like most about the software is that is easy to use, user-friendly for a variety of skill levels and intuitive. Also that the system is web-based, because that means I have access virtually anywhere.

Nachteile: What I like least about this software is that it can take upwards of 15 minutes or more to pull a CSV file report. Also, while I like the variety of reports available, the amount of options/combinations can make it confusing to know which information to pull and how to pull it.

Very dependable. Help is always available for the program in a timely and professional manner.

Bewertet am 29.8.2017
Jeralene M.
Executive Director

Vorteile: It is easy to get input for programs that is specific for the need of our organization. The programs as administrator are easy to edit. As administrator I can edit funding sources, I can make any necessary changes by just clicking a save change button. Like the reports sub-tab where I can go and run all the reports that pertains to this agency. I can customize agency reports. Running the reports could not be easier. I can filter the reports, I can choose the fields for the agency reports. I can easily get data for demographics reports. When using search it is not complicated. It will list all possible duplicate cases if any exists. If it is a duplicate case you can merge those cases, which is an excellent tool.

Nachteile: I would like to be able to go back into the relationship tab and make corrections as to if it is a dependent or living together without having to go all the way back to the beginning and edit the relative out and input again. I need this feature because I have volunteers that will not always input this data. I am not sure if it's my fault or the input of area we serve as the crisis. I have not been able to change that. For instance pantries- We have 5 pantries I would like for a heading to be for each pantry with the sub heading name of pantries. I don't know how to do that. I would like for the listing of our assistance program to be revised. I am not sure if I can do it, I have not call nor asked for help with this issue. I believe rearranging things that will best give us a more accurate count. I am not sure how to get a count from the sub heading of agencies, that is confusing to me. Again I have not spoken with anyone lately about it.

I have found Charity Tracker to be easy to learn, very transferable and an invaluable tool.

Lorie S.
Director of Compassion Ministries
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were a start up non-profit and the benefits are staggering. Affordable case management, easy to administrate and wonderful customer service. I have also benefited and appreciate the webinars provided. This software has helped link our faith based community. Get's us beyond denominational lines. We only have 5 paid staff. The rest is volunteer (company Size)

Vorteile: We are a faith based non-profit that with partners that extend county wide. Charity Tracker offers a framework to track assistance given among many churches, community agencies etc. Excellent case management tool as well as being able to track stats for reporting purposes, grants, etc. We have many ministries under The Hope Center umbrella and this offers us the opportunity for the right hand to know what the left hand is doing. It is simple to utilized even if the individual user is not computer literate. We utilize the alerts often and also use the caution, chronic, danger specifications that help us stay on track with so many different volunteers that may be serving the same guest.

Nachteile: With the number of volunteers that benefit from access to Charity Tracker, the cost of bases. Also, because of the amount of users on our network, we do end up with a lot of duplicates that go undetected. Would their be a way for a more pronounced alert to be developed that would even prevent a user from going forward until they used the search tab? Also, it is sometimes difficult to know what fields to select( or not) when running reports. I've learned most by trial and error and it seems like it is clunky. Perhaps it's just me and my inexperience but I wish the reports were more user friendly and as easy as the case management arm of Charity Tracker.

Wonderful, amazing, beneficial, easy to work with

Jennifer R.
Case Manager
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being in a Rural community - resources are often hard to find and locate. Often times in case management we run into a benefit that is not offered by any source in the community. Charity Tracker allows for communication to the community to ask for help on a case by case basis. Charity Tracker opens the lines of communication between community partners, increasing knowledge and awareness of what each community partner offers in the way of assistance. Charity tracker can be used to track individual assistance or total assistance given on a community level - offering a chance for funding opportunities, such as grant writing. Charity Tracker allows community leaders to see what services are being used the most, what services are least likely to be used and what services are still needing to be added. I can not stress enough how much this program means to our community! I was watched our community use this program from the beginning and I have watched it grow. Our United Way pays for this program in our community and it is money well spent. I support this funding effort and hope it is something we continue to achieve each year!

Vorteile: Charity Tracker is valued asset to any community willing to put forth the effort into making the program work in their community. As a case manager for 10 years - Charity Tracker has been a part of our community for the past 4 or 5 years, paid for through our local United Way office and it is money well spent! I was fortunate to be on board when Charity Tracker was implemented in our community and still fortunate to this day to work in the same community. Charity Tracker makes it easy to get information to community members or even get information from the community. Charity Tracker allows for key community members to collaborate about new ideas. Along with new ideas - Charity Tracker allows for all community partners to track and follow assistance given. This information on an agency level or community level is valuable information allowing for discussion topics to open up about funding or bringing in other resources into our community. With Charity Tracker we are able to see what we do well as a community and where we need to improve - what needs are being met and what needs still need to be met.

Nachteile: Limited to service areas - all communities should have this program - would be helpful to be tied in with other Charity Tracker communities across the state.

Charity Tracker makes networking with other organizations quick and easy.

Candace M.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The collaboration with other agencies assists clients better. Donor and funders like to see that partnerships happen because of this program.

Vorteile: Charity Tracker is easy to use, regardless of your computer skills. Someone who has very little knowledge of computers and data entry can easily be trained on this software. This is very handy as a non-profit, because many times an unpaid team member is using the system, and they are not always well trained. Charity Tracker makes tracking of services for clients very easy as well. It is great to see what services the client has already received in the community. This helps to better assist the clients overall, and makes connecting them with services much more efficient. Also, Charity Tracker's tech support is fabulous. Anytime I have a question, or need help running a report, I call their help desk. Within minutes, I am in contact with a technician, and they stay on the phone until my issue/need is addressed. The value for the amount you pay can't be found with most software.

Nachteile: Although Charity Tracker can run reports, the reports are not as sophisticated as I would like to see them be. We use the data collected by Charity Tracker to assist in grant writing, and there are times that I can not manipulate the data in the manner needed to get exactly what I need. Also, the data is only as good as the quality that is entered. I would like to see a feature that tells you when data is missing in a client's file. For example, if entering a new client, if you miss the DOB box, I would like to see a box pop up that says "You forgot the DOB for this client. Would like you to enter it or ignore it?" I know that sometimes it's not possible to enter ALL the information, so an ignore button would be nice. If this popped up every time you enter that client's file, it would be annoying enough that you would enter it to not have to have the box pop up anymore!

Being Good Stewards with CharityTracker

Donna B.
Treasurer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was once asked to help with a married couple's back rent. They owed more than $500 and were scheduled for eviction. That was a big amount of money for our small charitable organization. A quick glance at CharityTracker revealed the couple frequently asked area agencies to pay their rent, but more importantly, they had been counseled numerous times on their excessive use of cable TV pay channels. They were defiant in their refusal to disconnect because they wanted access to all the premium channels. I rarely turn down a request for assistance, but I did for that one. Without CharityTracker, I wouldn't have known they were routinely taking advantage of other people's generosity.

Vorteile: CharityTracker is an excellent way for charitable organizations within a community to share information. It allows those of us trusted with donation dollars to be good stewards of other people's money. Most everyone seeking assistance is honest and forthright, but CharityTracker gives local agencies the opportunity to work as a team in stopping those who try to abuse the system.

Nachteile: If I could change one thing about CharityTracker it would be to only list money, material goods (clothing, food, etc.) or services with a dollar value under the heading of Assistance. Oftentimes, I'll see an applicant with a VERY LARGE number of Assists only to find out that a great many of those Assists were for prayer or spiritual tracts. Don't get me wrong -- prayer is very important and greatly needed, but I don't think it should be added to the number of times a person receives Assistance. It makes that applicant appear to be a frequent flyer, so to speak -- seeking too much help. If our goal is to make sure no one is abusing the system by duplicating funding efforts, why track prayer? Prayer is free and unending and always available in abundance. Donation dollars are what we should protect against abuse.

Charity Tracker is very straight forward, easy to use, and fairly thorough.

Ryan V.
Director of Outreach and Education
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use it as our primary case management tool. It is also a major component in our reporting activities.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to use. We utilize a lot of volunteers at our organization, many of which are with us one day a week or even a month. The straight forward nature of the software helps to ensure these volunteers have little difficulty using the software even if they have not accessed it recently. I also like that it is a shared case management software so members of our organization can not only see assistance and notes entered by our organization but other local organizations as well.

Nachteile: I wish there were more layers and higher capabilities related to the report pulling functions. I do most of the reporting for our organization and very often I have to pull multiple reports, export them to excel, merge them into one document, and edit them to get the report I need. More detailed and higher level reporting options would make this task less cumbersome. I also wish it was HIPPA compliant. We provide some medical services at our organization and because Charity Tracker is not appropriate for health related information we are required to do double entry. Also very often if a medical clients is accessing outreach services or vice versa you do not get the full history since some information is in Charity Tracker and some is in our medical software.

Jill M.
Community Impact Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It allows me to see how other agencies have served a client before I decide what our level of support should be. It also helps me refer clients to other agencies for assistance if I don't have what they need. As stated above, if I could gather data saying that our combined agencies are helping a specific number of clients on a monthly basis, that would be very helpful. We don't know if we (as a community) are helping 1 client six times, or six separate clients. I would love to be able to pick out duplicates so that we knew the true need in our community.

Vorteile: It is simple and connects many of the agencies in our community by allowing us to see shared data on clients in need.

Nachteile: The ability to roll up and create reports is exclusive to the administrator, and I need this same option at the user level. It would prevent duplicate reporting that I do for my own agency, and allow me to see how other agencies are using the system. My organization pays for many of the agencies in our network to participate in Charity Tracker. The intent was so that we could evaluate how the clients are being served but I do not have that capability as a user.

Review of CT

Bewertet am 2.7.2019
Kristine S.
Counselor
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that all of the buttons are easily identified and large enough to see to access different parts of a client's file.
I like that you can link profiles together so we can keep track of multiple people who use our services who are connected or identify potential problem people linked to a client.
I like how the client's identifying information is easy to read as soon as you look at their profile.

Nachteile: I don't like the way the Release of Information feature is set up. I wish it was a fill in form that we could input who the ROI is filled out to, so that if someone calls into the front desk they know whether they can confidentially speak with that person or not versus having to pull the physical file and call back. It would be nice to be able to either fill out a form format or scan in our ROI form. The one CT uses isn't appropriate for our clientele and business.
I also don't like that there can be SO many options/fields under the different tabs. I know that has to do with the way our office person helped set it up, but it would be nice for the CT person to offer some advice regarding what information needs to be put in and deleting unnecessary fields that take up space.
I also wish that when you type a name in the search field and previous search entry pops up that you could arrow down to it and just press enter once to have it search instead of having the press enter twice.

I cannot say enough about how helpful Charity Tracker has been to our community!

Laura C.
Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of retrieval, all information available at the touch of my finger, people are able to access the information from their offices rather than calling me all the time, it is very hard to take advantage of our program now that we have Charity Tracker.

Vorteile: Previously, we were keeping all our assistance applications in notebooks and carting them around in a big cart from place to place so we could refer to them when clients applied for assistance. They were big and bulky and not always dependable. With Charity Tracker, everything is accessible with the touch of a finger and all involved can access it from various places at the same time. The ease and dependability of this program has revolutionized our Caring and Sharing program. I value the Notes section greatly because we can include information that we could never pull from memory down the road and it has saved us from being taken advantage of many times.

Nachteile: Actually, I can honestly say there is nothing that I dislike about this software. It fulfills all our needs and more. People from various organizations have visited my office to check it out.

A Reliable Way to Track and Share Client Data

Ashley F.
Human Services Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to record data, remember our case notes, share across multiple organizations, create reports for internal and external use.

Vorteile: I like the functionality of what we can track, reports, and client data. This program tracks names, DOBs, household members, visits, amounts given, income and expenses, relationships, and services received. We use this data to collect demographic information on what our needs are, how we are serving these needs, and comparison to other organizations, comparison from year to year, and reconciliation with our financials. This also allows us to keep notes on clients and repeat visits to see if our programs are making a difference long-term, or if we are seeing the same people repeatedly.

Nachteile: Sometimes the server crashes. I would also like to see the addition of a feature that would bring up potential matches of data when things are misspelled. Right now, typos mean that a case might not come up even if there is already one created.

CharityTracker is a phenomenal tool to help bring a community together.

Cathy E.
Director of Integrated Community Systems
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helped bring our community together as we serve those in need and help them move forward. We can track progress, collaborate and provide updated information to the community efficiently and effectively.

Vorteile: CharityTracker is very user friendly. Most people can use the software. The HELP desk and customer service are amazing and provide everything you need. It has an excellent reporting feature and the flexibility of customized reports is very helpful. The data it can provide has helped our community make many program decisions. The Bulletin Feature provides a very efficient and effective way for us to communicate community information. It can be used during a disaster to get information out to the community about where services are available. It has an incredible capacity!!!

Nachteile: I believe there is much more we could do with CharityTracker. It would be great to see how other communities use it and what features have been created for them.

We love using Charity Tracker in our community! It is easy to use & customer service is amazing!

Bewertet am 28.8.2017
Elisabeth F.
Housing Stability Coordinator

Vorteile: We love Charity Tracker because it allows us to streamline the tracking of services throughout our community. It is easy to use. The standard features paired with the customer service team allow us to manipulate the program to fit our community and agency needs. We also really enjoy the photo feature paired with the ID card. This allows our clients to easily use services but not be assigned just a number. The program has also helped to reduce abuse of services and increased communication between local partner agencies.

Nachteile: There are very few things I dislike. However, it would be nice if we had more access to surrounding communities as we have many clients that migrate into our town from other areas across the state. See past history with other agencies outside our network would be very helpful. Also, it would wonderful to have a way to assign and track case loads to a particular case worker.

Very easy to transfer old accounts into. Easy to add new clients. From beginning, excellent support.

Karen V.
Executive Director

Kommentare: Organized all of our historical, current, and new data on clients and the services they have received and for how long.

Vorteile: The ease to customize to our agency needs and ease to use. Extremely supportive staff and tech people. Knowledgable. Able to adapt and make changes as our agency needs and services have grown. Affordable. Ability to network with other local service providers has strengthened our partnerships and ability to recognize clients with multiple needs.

Nachteile: The reports are not as adaptable, changeable, or as flexible as needed when making statistical reports for multiple funders all requesting different information. Not all networked agencies are as professional as others and not always confident they are confidential or nonjudgemental with clients. Would be nice to select which members in a network see all of our information, while limit what some others can see. Feel the need to protect those seeking help from judgement .

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Loretta Y.
Personal Ministries director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software is very benificial to our Personal Ministries department and is used daily in our office to check on Food pantry assists given as well as for new client information. We use it everytime someone applies for assistance to determine if they have already received their yearly allotment and also on intake days to inform clients of their eligibility before they begin filling out the applications.

Vorteile: Charity tracker enables our department to safeguard the effective use of our resources to meet the needs of our community because we can easily accessthe information regarding how we have assisted a client in the past as well as important information on the resources which have already been provided by other local agencies.

Nachteile: The search process is not as effecient presently as it has been in the past making it necessary to sometimes search through 15-20 pages of names to find a name which should have popped up when the name was typed into the search box.