Good, logical product; excellent customer service and support tools! Thank you SkyTouch!

Bewertet am 15.8.2017
Kim U.
Owner/GM/CFO, etc.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Logical, easy to use, Tech Support is fabulous!

Vorteile: The best thing about the Skytouch HOS varies for me and my staff. For me, it's the Tape Chart, the Community Board (love this communication tool!!!), and the Tech Support team. I also like the variety of ways to access different tools which serves different learning/brain abilities. My staff likes the information accessible in Future Availability, but I'd like the Tape Chart to provide the same information all in one place. It seems it would be easy to incorporate mlos, and room rate into the pop up box for a room.

Nachteile: If I could make only one big change in this software, it would be access to past information. In particular, the Tape Chart, one of the most valuable parts of the software is not visible for the "past." For my Front Desk Staff and Risk Management teams, this makes searching for guests, even in the most recent days, sometimes complicated and much more time consuming than it should be. In addition, I cannot get a "visual" on a time period that includes any past days at all. My previous software, and others that I am aware of, provided that visual tool and access to reservations. As an owner, CFO, and the visionary leader in my company that is a HUGE loss to me. Along the same lines, we cannot acquire statistics for more than a 3 month period either making the past difficult/complicated to access and visualize. In addition, the need to delete cookies so often is frustrating to my staff, the Work Order reports are very limited when you need to keep track of rooms or areas in your building, and the Tape Chart pop up box should perform the same mlos, room rate and other info that the Future Availability does without having to go to two different places.

SkyTouch OS

Bewertet am 15.8.2018
Gayle S.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've seen SkyTouch OS being used at multiple properties and the only issue I see people having with it is it runs a little slow from time to time. Their support team is amazing and is open 24/7. I recommend you try it, you will not be disappointed.

Vorteile: SkyTouch Hotel OS is very easy to use for me and staff and colleagues. SkyTouch OS is basically a smaller version of the SkyTouch software. it shows your occupancy for your previous night and the day of. If you have had SkyTouch for over a year yu can see how many rooms you sold last year to this year. You can also see what the prices were on this day last year. It is super simple to use and well worth it.
There is also a house keeping tab as well in SkyTouch OS. You can see things like your stay overs, arrivals, and vacant rooms. This tab also shows you your clean and dirty rooms for occupied and vacant. Up top of the housekeeping tap you can type in a special room and see or even change the status of it. For example you click on room 31 you can change it from dirty to clean. If a guest complains about anything you can flag the room and put in notes on what the problem is so that your matance can fix it with out coming back to the lobby or office to ask you what needs to be done.

Nachteile: SkyTouch can be slow from time to time. They also do updates quiet often, whitch is great but running a hotel you need your system up 24/7 and a 2 hour update makes it hard to do that.

The EASIEST program to use!

Bewertet am 27.1.2019
Hunter S.
Management Assistant
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Skytouch Hotel OS is super user-friendly making it one of the easiest PMS systems to teach to New Hires. The User Admin and Rate Management aspects of the program are superb as well. The implementation of the user profile once it is created is almost instantaneous. It also gives you the ability to customize usernames. The software has helped our team gather the necessary information needed for making reservations, creating group blocks and contracts, as well as providing an E-learning platform that gets straight to the point. A+!

Vorteile: Compared to other PMS systems, this is definitely one of the easiest to use. Skytouch Hotel OS is web-based and it's systems are updated regularly--this also allows you to login from external devices--HUGE PLUS.
The Home Screen is completely customizable to your teams individual needs, allowing you to link external sites to your Quick Links. You can even leave bulletin messages for your team to see upon login.

Nachteile: The worst part about Skytouch Hotel OS is their Reports section. Although there is a search function, it is missing some of the filter criteria needed to run streamlined reports.
Another downfall for the OS is being web-based. Whenever you have internet/power issues, you can not login to an offline version of the system.

I have used several hotel software brands. Sky Touch is simply the best.

Bewertet am 20.12.2017
Tosha R.
Night Auditor
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like the way the reports are more than just reports. For example the Arrivals List. You can click on reservations from it. In other software you are only viewing a report. You have to go into another menu and then into the reservation itself to access it. This really saves time. On a busy night every second counts! I love the 24 hour Tech Support. As a Night Auditor it really helps to know that I can call and speak to a capable person whenever I need to. Often times my co-workers will ask me to call Tech Support for them with questions since I am less busy with guests. I know I will be helped patiently and professionally. The Tech Support folks take the time to teach me what I need to know instead of just fixing it for me. They answer my rapid fire questions like the pros they are. I love that they are right here in Arizona. . Thank you all!

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to look at a rate/check availability then make the reservation from the same place. At this point you have to look up the rate and check availability in one screen then go to a second screen to actually make the reservation. I have no idea if that's possible but it would be very cool if it was.

It makes my life easier! The staff are comfortable using Sky Touch and I can logon from anywhere.

Bewertet am 10.8.2017
Lori A.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Went from a property without a property management system to a property that went "why did I not have this sytem earlier!" Quicker access, more accurate information and data, happier staff, happier guests, more time to do other tasks and additional free time. In general less stress.

Vorteile: Customer service is exceptional always! It is easy to use, both daily operations and especially Rate Management. It is quick - it provides me with the information I need to do my job and stay on top of things. All departments can utilize Sky Touch and I can access the system from anywhere. It allows you to perform your duties in hospitality and still allow you to have a life outside of work in an industry that never closes.

Nachteile: The same thing that applies to all software - the "real time" factor when the property is reaching maximum occupancy. All properties have the same problem that reflects on the issue of being overbooked if the reservation lags on getting integrated to your system. The issue is with the industry and not the software.

Great System

Bewertet am 15.9.2019
Miguel L.
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had the oportunity to set up my entire systemand configure all and sink with my hotel. Overall it have been really greattowork with and easy to configure,the help at support is really great and they do the best to help out to fixed any problem or to answer any of your question or doughts.

Vorteile: It'seasy to used, help with overall setups and manage ans is easy to work with and manage.

Nachteile: It have minors cons, like thetype chart not allowing you to see back on days, system set updon't allow youto configure the space of the Registration card and other stuff that you thing wile working with the systam that are just toghts that you say if it just do this will be even better.

The system is so easy to use and never goes down. The team and I are extremely happy!!

Bewertet am 20.12.2017
Edgar B.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No more headaches!!!!!! Opera PMS was the worst service ever. Thank you and your team for such Great Service!!!!

Vorteile: Rate management , Housekeeping Room assignment options. Most of all, the check in , check out and reservation process are so quick to get done!!!

Nachteile: 1. It would be nice to extend the Occupancy Snap Shot up to 1 year, instead of three months only.
2. Show a total of forecasted revenue on the Reservation Activity Report.
3. Extend the window time of inactivity for Rate Management.
4. Expand Bar Levels from 9 to at least 15. Rates in Downtown Chicago IL. Change constantly
and the current bar levels don't work much. Manual over rides are time consuming. THIS
FEATURE IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO EXTEND.
5. From & Too check out dates on registration cards need to show actual check in and check
out dates. Currently the check in and check out show the same dates. Example; Check In
12-20-17, Check Out 12-20-17. It should say Check In 12-20-17 and Check Out 12-21-17.
Other than this. Everything else is great. I hope to hear from someone soon and let me know if these changes can be made? Thank you.

user friendly

Bewertet am 30.12.2017
Vicente F.
Front Desk Manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: experience with a new hos system

Vorteile: -check in process
- you can drag multiple items to folios which is a plus
-overall checkout process

Nachteile: - cant do multiple reservations at once
- system wont save correctly most of the time if you change from USA to any other country when putting in guest info - you have to go back to USA in order to save
- you cant suppress rate and also place notes simultaneously , you have to save each individually
- Many reservations come through with credit card expiration dates inputted incorrectly causing errors during check in .
-When trying to duplicate a reservation the credit card expiration date does not save so you have to set the guarantee payment to cash then go back to the old res and unmask the credit card info, it is too many steps that take up valuable time.

Skytouch

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Marj N.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We had previously been with Choice Hotels and this Software was very similar . So when we decided to go independent, It only make sense to choose a system that was so close to what we were familiar with. Ease of changing system & training employees was a piece of cake.

Nachteile: I have had no issues. Would choose this system again if needed.

von SkyTouch Technology an 30.7.2019

Thanks so much Marj! We appreciate your feedback and support.

We have been using skytouch since we changed our Hotel's name. And I must say it is fantastic.

Bewertet am 13.2.2018
Gayle S.
Management

Kommentare: Easy to use.

Vorteile: This software is amazing to use for all of our staff. The Customer Support is 24/7 and since I work nights it helps me get all my answers needed whenever I need them. The support staff is well knowledgeable and very friendly as well. The software is very easy to use and to navigate through without much training. You can set up groups in their own tabs and even direct a payment to one room. These features are very nice when someone books more than one room from us. Another thing is this software is all server based so your computer never runs slow with trying to save everything in files on your computer.

Nachteile: There is only a couple of cons when it comes to Skytouch.

System easy to use & support is always awesome.

Bewertet am 21.9.2017
Marj N.
general manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: System is so easy to use, training is easy due to how everything is categorized.

Vorteile: Easy to use & training new employees is not difficult at at all. Any time we have issues the
support team has been very easy to work with and always courteous when I ask the silliest questions.

Nachteile: There is one aspect that I would like to see added to system. Wondering if somehow we could
red flag difficult guests that we continually have issues with so that when they call again for another reservation we can immediately see that we have had issues with that particular guest and thus be prepared to deny a reservation or be alerted to possible issues at check in. Just an idea so that the front desk employees can alert management.

Sky's the Limit

Bewertet am 26.7.2019
Brian W.
Banquet Manager
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Favorite thing with this product is the customer support is there to help you and get the best out of the product.

Nachteile: It updates quite a bit and leaves you without your desktop view.

von SkyTouch Technology an 2.8.2019

Thanks Brian!We appreciate you advocating for SkyTouch and your kind words about our support team. We're constantly improving and here 24/7 to support your business..

In short, the product was oversold and underdelivered

Bewertet am 13.2.2018
Asia W.

Vorteile: I liked that it was a cloud based software, so that I could remotely manage multiple properties from my phone or laptop. During the sales process, I was impressed with its UI because out of most of the other products at this price point, this looked the most current and modern, comparable to other tech interfaces. It seemed it would be the most flexible for accommodating our needs and being flexible, so that if we had a sudden influx of guests, we could have another agent use a tablet to check guests in.

Nachteile: My BIGGEST problem with this system was that this system would authorize an unknown amount of money on a guest's card that WE did not set. Guests would pay for their stay, but an extra amount would also be withheld on their card, that we did not authorize. We were blind to the amount and the settings, and nobody could figure out nor fix the problem. During the sales process, we were told that with this product, we would never have to worry about being offline, because even if our Internet or power went out, it would save and give us access to our reservation information and re-sync whenever the internet or power came back on. There are frequent outages where the system is inaccessible because of an update to their system. Not only that, there is absolutely NO UX design in mind in their product. In terms of navigation, you need to pull up multiple tabs to achieve one objective, even though a basic UX designer could and would design a better process. We thought housekeeping would be easier with Skytouch. However it requires navigating through two different processes in order to produce a single list, and then exiting out of everything to generate a report. We had MANY other issues, that we tried to resolve. We have wasted so much time and money on implementing and using this software, I regret ever using this product. I should have run during the sales process, when they spent more time talking down their competitors rather than talking up their product.

von SkyTouch Technology an 14.2.2018

We understand are not a fit for every hotel. We hope that you have found the solution that fits your needs. If we can be assistance to you in the future, please don¿t hesitate to reach out to us.

Utmost User friendly program and syncs with all my OTA's

Bewertet am 18.8.2017
Tonny D.
General Controller
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Better control of room inventory, rates, accurate reports.

Vorteile: Extremely accurate; detailed reports, folios and the different views, group master is very helpful to manage charges to groups!

Nachteile: There are a few features that I would like added such as moving payments within a Group Master folio that are incorrectly posted to an individual folio belonging to the group. I recently experienced a posting error that could not be moved to the group master folio. I was told by support that only charges could be re-routed but NOT THE PAYMENTS!

Tech support is always helpful and informative.

Bewertet am 18.8.2017
Elizabeth D.
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ability to work from home or when out of town on business.

Vorteile: I like that I have access from any computer. Web access from home is the main thing I like about it. I also like the ability to make a correction in the guest folio even if they checked out several days or even months before mistake was found.

Nachteile: I don't like that you are not able to put a floor of rooms out of order at one time. I also don't like it when the computer defaults back to the current day of arrival if you are assigning rooms for a different date.

Easy Peasy

Bewertet am 8.2.2019
Monica L.
GM
Gastgewerbe, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have worked with skytouch and choice advantage for that matter and I am very pleased. It really does simplify the day to day operations. Thank you for upgrading the out of order feature

Vorteile: This software program is web based and the ease of training a new employee is fantastic. The training module provided are simple and the support is quick to getting you answers.

Nachteile: The group quick pick up and fast edit buttons are now unfunctional I do not like that !!!

SkyTouch software has worked extremely well for us the entire 2+ years since we purchased.

Stan S.
Owner Representative
Gastgewerbe, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is the most critical technology we use to manage our hotel.

Vorteile: The integration with third part sites (OTA's) such as booking.com, Expedia, etc. is very seamless and error free.

Nachteile: There are some minor maintenance periods. I had to really stretch to come up with anything negative as we are notified in advance about any scheduled maintenance and the maintenance is infrequent.

von SkyTouch Technology an 23.3.2018

Stan, thank you for being a valued customer for so long!

Sky Touch in SF

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
David I.
General Manager5
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience is excellent and cost efficient.

Vorteile: Web based
Intuitive operation
Easy to use/learn

Nachteile: Group Aspect limited
Limited reporting capability

von SkyTouch Technology an 1.8.2019

Thank you for being a SkyTouch advocate! I see some notes that you've been working with Aaron Price from our Account Management team. I'll let him know of your great review.

One of the Better Cloud Based Systems

Bewertet am 15.8.2017
Kajal P.

Kommentare: It allows flexibility by avoiding to have to physically be at the property to make changes.

Vorteile: The software is extremely user friendly and completely cloud based. I have the capability of managing rate changes and other features remotely compared to other software systems.

Nachteile: Some of the changes they make are better suited for other properties and it is not customizable. The team collects input for users over time and sometimes implement changes that do not necessarily apply to all users. As the user, we cannot opt out of the changes.

one bad single experience that has never been handled

Scott K.
general manager

Vorteile: generally great. The review I provided last week got me absolutely nowhere after being treated the way I was

Nachteile: Since my last review was the only negative review I have ever posted, No one has EVER bothered to respond to me, so why on earth would I bother ever leaving another review, they obvious don't get read, nor does anyone care enough about the end user or their complaint.

von SkyTouch Technology an 23.3.2018

Thank you for the review, Scott. It looks like our support team has been trying to reach out to you and I have let them know to try contacting you again.

just as nice as your Franchise Choice Advantage

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Tiffany H.
Front desk manager
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Its easy for the staff to pick up and learn.

Vorteile: its simple,
easy to navigate,
the customer service is always available 24/7 to help.
always up to date

Nachteile: The system is slow moving, Skytouch support wait time is ridiculously long.
The updates they do seem to make the system very slow.

von SkyTouch Technology an 29.3.2018

Thank you for the review, Tiffany. We really appreciate your feedback.

Your tech people are great to work with, very nice and knowledgeable.

Debora R.
Rooms Division Manager

Vorteile: The look of it... Some of the features I think it are could once you find them. It seems as though we have lots of reports but yet many are not needed. I would like to sit with your develop team sometime.

Nachteile: That the functionality when it comes to Goups and Direct Billing, accounts receivable really need ALOT of work...your software is behind others and doesn't seem to be improving. The people designing it clearly have never worked in hotel. You should get some help so the developmental team listens to the client or even your techs!!

von SkyTouch Technology an 23.3.2018

Hi Debora. We continuously work to improve our products and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you for the comments.

Updates seem to make things worse...

Bewertet am 24.4.2019
Marggi W.
Hotel Manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I do like the reports available to management. It makes keeping track of sales and percentages very easy. The Tech support team are wonderful about 90% of the time!

Vorteile: I love the customer support team. I use them often.

Nachteile: Waiting 3 years to get ALL the credit card user names transferred from the SkyTouch program to Shift4.
Now I'm told it isn't a SkyT problem but Shift4. I don't understand how that could happen when 3 years ago Shift4 and SkyTouch talked and figured out it was a SkyTouch problem. There was no problems at all until they updated their program. Another glitch is the Guest Profile/Future Reservations program is highly unreliable. I am told I have to go back to each of the 6 month's worth of reservations and physically attach the profile to the reservation. Ridiculous! All due to an "Update". N
Just recently, their auto check in was not working. We would slide the card in for payment and the charge could be found in Shift4 but not in the Guest's folio. We had to double charge the guest to get the money into the folio and go back and delete or refund the guest's original charge.

The software is easy to use.

Bewertet am 10.8.2017
Jean G.
Hotel Manager
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The accessibility and the easy to understand and find what you need to do. All the reports you have available.

Nachteile: Nothing with the software. My problem is with the tech support. It seems like every time you call they can't really help you. They have to put it to higher tech and it seems like things take a while to get fixed

Couldn't be Happier

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Stan S.
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our rate management is very easy because of SkyTouch.

Vorteile: The integration with third party web sites (OTA's) is easy to use and well designed.

Nachteile: Our staff has indicated they have no dislikes at all with SkyTouch.

von SkyTouch Technology an 25.7.2019

Thanks so much for your positive review! We look forward to continuing our successful partnership together.