Jenzabar One

Jenzabar One Bewertungen

von Jenzabar

Jenzabar is one of very few that works fairly well for clock hour schools.

Bewertet am 13.4.2018
Adult Education Coordinator
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Shared real time data - quality student transcripts and attendance reports.

Vorteile: The ability to customize features to meet unique needs is top notch, and their support team is highly responsive.

Nachteile: Still some inconsistency in processing data under unique needs for a clock hour school. Particularly when applying updated we will experience a "regression" on customized items when they interact with an update from time to time.

This software takes some time to get the hang of but once you do it is fairly straightforward.

Bewertet am 25.4.2018
Carley W.
admissions counselor
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easily organize vasts amounts of information that you can access simply and efficiently.

Vorteile: There are endless amounts of different reports that you can run to refine your search to the specific criteria that you would like. It is very easy to input information and conversations that you have had with clients so that you can look back and see your history with them.

Nachteile: Sometimes my Jenzabar will stop working and I need to quit the program and open it back up again if I stepped away from my desk for too long. I am not sure if this problem stems from the software or from my personal computer.

Decent ERP for Higher Education

Bewertet am 4.1.2020
Brad T.
ERP Analyst
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use this software company-wide for admissions, registration, HR, and Payroll.

Vorteile: The database for Jenzabar runs on SQL Server which makes most administration easy. I like how you can easily check window permissions.

Nachteile: The desktop client UI is a bit outdated. The new J1 Web interface is very nice. However, the roll-out of J1 Web for all modules has been slow and rebranded once already.

Clunky Implementation

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Mary W.
Director of Foundation Relations
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While various programs across campus departments can now share information, certain well-loved features that we had at the time of implementation have since broken. Instead of being able to fix these broken features, customer service was only able to offer a custom built software patch that would cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars. Jenzabar ultimately feels like something we have to work through instead of work with to accomplish projects.

Vorteile: This software was able to bridge gaps between various departments and created a situation where various softwares could suddenly speak to each other and share information.

Nachteile: The implementation was tremendously difficult, and I've heard from people at other institutions that it took nearly two years for things to start to go smoothly. This was the case at my workplace as well, and it feels like some are still getting used to the system despite having it for nearly three years now.

Clunky DBMS, but it gets the job done (for the most part)

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Distance Education Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Jenzabar to manage our University data and tasks. I personally am very familiar with the advising and registration modules. Learning curve can be steep, but it rewards one with access to some impressive versatility.

Vorteile: The best part of this software is versatility. Every department can use the same DBMS without a need to import/export data. It also integrates well with our Learning Management Software and Imaging Software, which allows for less manual entry and smoother workflow between departments.

Nachteile: It looks clunky and outdated (think Win XP style). The interface is not intuitive at all, it can be downright daunting to navigate. Multiple redundancies allow for manual entry of the same data by different departments, which in turn can create inconsistencies.

JENZABAR Review

Bewertet am 9.11.2018
Bonnie M.
Educator
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We need something that will work with two different systems and two different department's needs (for-credit and non-credit). It has been a really good "go between" for us when we have needed to connect the two systems data. And our management must be pleased with it, because although we have switched some functions from other software to new applications (software), the functions/tasks that have been in Jenzabar are still using it. Which would tell me that for our unique needs it is doing the job and for the right amount of cost, or they would have switched to a different program when they switched our other functions.

Vorteile: Jenzabar allows us to set up events/classes and track those who register, as well as copy over previous events/classes to the next term.

Nachteile: I think Jenzabar can be a confusing if you do not use it often or have to take over a task that someone else has started. It seems for our department those who work in it daily seem to use it well, but still don't like it. While others, including myself, only use it a few times per term to set up several events/classes and then don't touch it again for weeks.

Disappointing

Bewertet am 1.11.2016
Paula M.
Instructor, Business and IT
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: eLearning is cumbersome and time-consuming from the faculty side; I am an IT instructor at the collegiate level. The system involved several updates throughout the semester, and we often experience issues after an update. In August, the system crashed the first week of classes. We had to recreate over 500 courses. It was a nightmare. I am still working weekly to recreate as I go. In mid-October, we began experiencing some of the same issues we had prior to the August crash. Jenzabar support did not respond. We had another crash on October 28; this time, we "only" lost about a day's worth of work, and the system was down for two days while the latest backup was restored. The system went down again for a short time on October 31. It is very frustrating, and I would not recommend this system to anyone.

Vorteile: I cannot think of anything this product offers that is not found in most learning management systems.

Nachteile: Cumbersome to use (if you're used to a system like Blackboard, it's like going form riding a Harley to riding a tricycle), glitchy, too much down-time, not trustworthy

Makes managing Education easy

Bewertet am 30.3.2019
Linnea S.
Coordinator of Horse Care
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great all in one software for education management!

Vorteile: I have used this software as both a student and as an educator. As a student, it is easy to access your class schedules, forms, class handouts/projects, register for classes, see your transcript, etc. As an educator, it is easy to access your class - upload forms, presentations, assignments, manage and submit grades, contact your students, etc.

Nachteile: Configuring your grading choices (weights, points, etc.) can get a little tricky.

Very challenging to learn and not very functional in finding things quickly and easily.

Bewertet am 2.2.2018
Meghan M.
Administrative Assistant

Vorteile: I think how organized names and donations are in the database, and once you work with it a little bit, certain aspects are easy to use.

Nachteile: Reporting is extremely challenging. Paired with info makes, it almost impossible to get exactly what you're looking for.

It worked for what we needed

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Justin W.
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We eventually made a switch, however I came from a Jenzabar school. It worked well for our needs at the time.

Nachteile: I think the biggest thing is making the system something that anyone who accesses it can understand vs needing to have an expert on campus - it limits the abilities of smaller institutions.

Very antiquated and hard to navigate

Bewertet am 14.11.2017
Kyle M.
Quality Analyst
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: There are many areas within the software to explore -- which can be very overwhelming and hard to follow the complex system.

Nachteile: I think other Learning Management Systems do a better job at user experience and ease of use. From my point of view as a user, it is difficult to navigate.

My experience has been as an Academic Advisor. Sometimes the product can be difficult to understand.

Bewertet am 17.1.2018
Jacqueline R.
Success Coach/Academic Advisor
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to have student information in one location.

Vorteile: The customer service is great and things are worked on quickly. This product is very efficient for our university.

Nachteile: It would be great to have more ease of use and updating the look to something more appealing. It would be great if this was more user-friendly so that I can better serve my students.

A user-friendly application

Bewertet am 24.4.2018
Client Services Lead

Kommentare: simple application requiring a low learning curve.

Vorteile: the application is simplistic and easy to learn and navigate, especially if you have previous experience in other similar learning management systems.

Nachteile: the application requires frequent updates, which often result in system downtime and consequent innefficiencies

Useful Overall

Bewertet am 7.3.2019
Student worker
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I liked that you could easily locate constituents in the system by simply entering the number into any search field. Not all CRM software is like that. I liked that it was so easy to learn to use.

Nachteile: I can't remember anything I didn't especially like, which is good news!

So many options but too complex

Bewertet am 19.3.2018
Jen L.
Asst professor

Vorteile: I love the potential for Jenzabar's use for my needs. It has numerous great tools that could really help me.

Nachteile: It is so complex, it is hard to figure out how to use all of the tools, but with more time I might love it.