Über Freedcamp

Mühelose Teamzusammenarbeit. Es ist einfach und intuitiv zu bedienen und kann wachsen, wenn du erweiterte Funktionen benötigst.

Erfahre mehr über Freedcamp

Very easy to navigate and use. I liked the collaboration and integration with other products.

It's a tiny quibble that I hesitate even to mention here.

Bewertungen zu Freedcamp

Freedcamp hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 477 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Freedcamp bereits verwendet?

Founder and CEO in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Freedcamp is amazing and a life saver overall

Kommentare: It is an amazing amount of software for the free tier and I highly recommend it for those with large teams, and those with small minimal teams the premium version is well worth it.

Freedcamp is an amazing tool on the free version. For a company like mine, where I have a lot of different clients, and they have a lot of different marketers, designers, etc. that often need to be included on their tasks and conversations, it makes all the sense in the world for me to use this free tool... It organizes each client into its own project and we are able to create different types of task lists etc.

There are features in the pro/paid version that I would LOVE to have... The problem here is that if you have 30 - 50 clients, with 2 - 5 persons on each team, all with varying degrees of involvement on their website but all need to be kept in the loop on what tasks are open and what arent... It becomes impossible to upgrade, because I would have to upgrade for each user license... This kept me from an awesome appsumo deal that I really wanted to buy, but didnt make sense. My suggestion to them would be able to find a way to have just a few users, or even just one, that has the capabilities to upgrade the plan, and create subtasks, etc. while still keeping the same functionality for the free tier users. I NEED the clients to be able to create, edit, etc. their own tasks. I would literally lose functionality and the ability to use the platform for upgrading. My 2 cents.

Christopher
Christopher
CEO in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

All In One Business Management @ Amazing Prices

Kommentare: I think what impresses me about Freedcamp the most is the level of support. I asked about an automation feature I needed to maximize my workflow, and they rolled it out across the whole platform not long after! I have tons of experience with SaaS but this is next level.

I love how accessible the team here has made Freedcamp to just about anyone. At first this devalued the whole thing in my mind, until I started trying out the premium features. I love how responsive the team is, and how customizable the software is. Between the combination of these two things, you can achieve pretty much anything you can imagine as far as project management software goes. The enterprise features are super cool too. The custom domain is almost unheard of in this space, tie that in with the branding and wow my mind is blown.

The learning curve. There is SO many features that figuring out how to prioritize and train on the ones you want to use can be overwhelming. I think this is a good problem to have, but it must be taken into consideration especially with larger organizations

Becca
Volunteer Member in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Thank-you Freedcamp! You've stepped up our Volunteer Capacity!

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We are a committee under Ecology North that is dedicated to promoting safer, more inclusive streets, public transportation and electric vehicles. We have a variety of different types of volunteers. Some are very active and creating several projects every month, while others take more of a backseat, helping in research and different ways. We started to notice that when some people were writing lots of emails and updating people on a daily basis, other volunteers were starting to become a little overwhelmed. We didn't want our volunteers to get burnt out, and decided to do a little research into online project management and people management software that wouldn't scare people away.
We were in luck! We found Freedcamp - and we saw that they offered a free version for Not-For-Profit entities such as us. It was extremely easy to set up, and within a day, we could start isolating tasks and after educating our volunteers on how to minimize notifications, we think that the environment of our committee started to benefit from this change. The people who love being active and need to organize events, programs and projects could go nuts within Freedcamp, and then very carefully we select the appropriate volunteers to join a project.
We are still learning how to best use Freedcamp, but we feel confident that it will continue to provide us the support we need as our volunteer hub can ebb and flow.
Thank-you Freedcamp for offering your services to the not-for-profit community free of charge. In a way, you become another one of our dedicated people, pushing and supporting, lifting up our cause so that we can keep doing what we do best.

I like the ease of creating a new project/task, assigning it to people, and the immediate interactions that the projects can produce.

It can sometimes become overwhelming when there are a lot of projects running, and people can't find which projects they are working on. So we are still working out these kinks to be a little more organized.

Olga
University lecturer in Niederlande
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It was struggle, struggle and struggle again

Kommentare: See above
Switching to another tool (basecamp) was something I lobbied and asked and could support myself through my organisation but the project coordinator who liked the tool was not in favour of any changes. The project is almost over, I will be happy to forget this nightmare.
Please do more usability testing and make software user friendly!

The only thing I liked it that the person who implemented it seemed to enjoy all the intricacies of the tool . I can imagine that computer science background was of help to this person. Otherwise, as a user I found this the worst software package I had to use in my entire professional life.

3 years of struggle with each functionality of the tool - discussion threads, status, notifications etc. make it impossible to name one thing. I wonder whether there was any form of usability testing with new users ? I doubt it. I conquered the tool each time I needed some response from colleagues badly however it was never easy and I gave up doing an additional e-mail round to be sure the message reached the addressee.

Antwort von Freedcamp

Hi! I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We rarely get complaints like these, but we will consider implementing more usability testing. I would also like to add that we have no record of you ever being in contact with our support team, so I think the 1/5 rating in that category is a bit unfair.

Gerry
Gerry
Co-Founder in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best free project management system I have used

Creating projects, tasks and time tracking is a breeze with Freedcamp. Organising projects is even better; searching, sorting and filtering features are well thought out. I particularly like the Kanban settings when viewing each project because it gives me a quick, overall view. The Tasks Board saves me time when planning and prioritising to work on several projects on any given day; if I need to see which projects are close to the deadline, then it is just a click away with Saved Searches. I can't imagine being as organised and productive without Freedcamp.

I often have multiple task lists for a project. On the Tasks Board, this means the project name comes up several times, and I have to click on the project name to get to the task. But no matter which project name I click on, the tasks from the topmost task lists will always be displayed and I have to collapse the topmost task lists or scroll down to get to the tasks I want to work on.

Shawngela
Shawngela
Coach in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Freedcamp is an Amazing Project Management Software that is insanely affordable!

Kommentare: Freedcamp solved a desperate need for me to have an affordable project management software that fit my needs. Freedcamp fits that and more. I upgraded to the business plan and couldn't be more happy. The business plan for 5+ years, is far cheaper than what I was paying for a competitor for one year.

Freedcamp helps me easily see my upcoming tasks, tasks that are past due and comments on projects that need my attention.

As much as I love Freedcamp, I would say that setting it up, although not hard, did require some attention to detail. Figuring out how to add individual people and how to turn on specific apps for each project wasn't as intuitive as I would have liked. Having said this, after a few videos, I was up and going.

Val
Val
COO in Mexiko
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great value and great features

Kommentare: The experience was really good, as I mention before the only hassle is the user and roles management. I was able to set up my projects right away and start to focus on he actual activities.

One of the things that got me using Freedcamp is that the free plan its actually functional in the long run, you can do a lot in the free trier, so you can actually spend time getting to know the software and exploring it. I like that you can create as many projects as you like and you can change how you can view your project to suit the needs of that specific project. Adding task and sub task and changing the status its super easy. You just drag and drop. In general the projects are super flexible (you can add the modules you need for each project)and very easy to use.

The roles and teams are probably the only thing that's a bit complex, and how to manage that. I think there are probably to many and there are a lot of option sin how you can manage it, so that's what makes it a bit confussing.

Alexandra
Alexandra
COO in Kanada
Pharmazeutika, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A hidden gem in the world of SaaS PM tools

Kommentare: We were looking for a one-stop solution to handle our internal and client projects from end-to-end. So far, Freedcamp has met all of our needs. We're finding new uses for it every day.

Excellent feature set that integrates task, project, and time management apps together very nicely, with surprise features like password management, wikis, chat/notes, and invoicing. Handles both internal and external teams/projects and users well. Customizable. It's not bloated or slow like many enterprise-wide systems, but also offers many robust functionalities that make it much stronger than you'd first notice. Offer many different views and apps/functions, so it can truly be adapted to your needs. It can be a simple task manager, or a full planning tool. Appreciate the integration with other platforms and export options. Wonderful customer support. Good documentation and training.

Not much. So far almost every desired feature or functionality that I can think of either exists already or is planned for development. The UI is a little out-dated but they are currently releasing updates. The mobile app could use some more functionality.

Carlos
Carlos
Chief of department in Mexiko
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great tool for any size company

It is easy to use even for non-tech people and offers the possibility to connect all your work with other platforms where the team usually keep their files and program their activities like dropbox or gdrive and gcalendar, so, is very useful to have this conectivity

Some free features were moved only for subscription accounts without notice, anyway, the subscription is not expensive but some notification would be appreciated.

Ian
Director in UK
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Freedcamp - Couldn't do without it.

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: We love it. Helps us as Directors who are geographically apart work closely on projects.

Ease of use. Freedcamp is so easy to use. I like the post-it note view. Excellent!

It's all good. I can't really think of anything I don't like.

Mark
Administrator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Freedcamp is a hidden gem

Kommentare: Mainly used for project, incident, and help desk management.

The dashboard, task list, and multi-project tracking are the best features of this software. Most often used features like task priority, progress, status, etc. are one-click or drag and drop. Easily see all tasks across one or more projects Task list summaries contain all the needed details one one line including status, progress, assignee, start, etc. I use the multi-project task view all the time as it is easy to sort and filter tasks on a variety of fields and save those filters. The UI is clean and uncluttered. Flexible email notification system for tracking status changes. Using the Lite/Minimalist Plan, but the Free plan has everything most organizations need for project and task management. The free plan blows away many other project and task management offerings.

Antwort von Freedcamp

>Freedcamp has a very good multi-level and detailed user, role, and permission management structure, but the UI for managing this is more complicated than it needs to be. We want to redesign the Manage System page in the near future. If you have any specific tips please send them at help@freedcamp.com. I'll make sure our design team sees them.

Francesco
Senior Researcher in Italien
Nanotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for daily use in a R&D team

Kommentare: We use Freedcamp daily for organizing, planning and carrying out our work, setting priorities, organizing meetings and projects. I usually recommend Freedcamp to colleagues.

Calendar, project management, team management and task planning are great features. These features help us in organizing our workplan.

The management of completed/incomplete tasks is a bit messy. The user should be provided with the option of archiving old tasks without "deleting" them. Integration with external services (for example Google Drive) could be improved. A full mobile (Android, etc.) version of Freedcamp would be great.

Tom
Managing Partner in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Extraordinary Value, Flexibility, Features, Support, UI/UX that keeps improving

Kommentare: My consulting, ops and support support teams (from 3 to 20) have been using Freedcamp since 2017. Started with the free version which was met earlier requirements and quickly upgraded to the Business Plan. The platform has consistently met/exceeded my requirements for the wide range of use cases that my company encounters as we help internal and external clients with all aspects of business and product launches, turn-arounds, and M&As. The Freedcamp leadership, dev and support teams have always been responsive, they listen closely to the users, meet promised release dates and quickly roll out fixes and improvements that match or are better than competing platforms and customer feedback/requests

Features and Functions that match or greatly improve upon other all the popular platforms I've used Clean, customizable, well designed and easy to learn and use UI / UX Very easy to deploy, onboard new users (internal teams, distributed workgroups, and contractors and clients) Powerful and flexible for both experienced users & project managers (agile and waterfall) and for people with limited to no tech skills Helpful and intuitive dashboard, reporting, tracking, drill downs, integrations with popular workgroup and collaboration platforms including Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, etc Fast and continuous platform improvements Cost/Benefit/Feature set offers a much better value than other platform I've used or vetted

The CRM module is functional and usable, and may meet the needs of organizations that are seeking a single platform for project management, support, and customer contact management - but it's not as mature or feature-rich as many popular stand-alone 3rd party CRMs.

EW
Copyeditor in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

For small organizations, this is a great free option

I'm a freelancer working with several different clients. I use Freedcamp with clients who aren't already using another project-management service, and the free version gives me everything I need. My clients don't take to it immediately; they prefer to rely on email for most communication and file-sharing, but for my own personal projects or for working with subcontractors, I like the file-sharing capabilities and the calendar integrations. Filling out an honest survey about why Freedcamp has been a useful solution is the very least that I can do to thank them for keeping a free option for the platform, so here I am!

I wish that I didn't have to pay to get the ability to copy projects, but it was smart business for them to withhold that from the free service, because I've *almost* broken down and gotten it. But I'm a penny-pincher, so I'm holding out. I also still haven't quite figured out how to get global teams working quite right, but that's probably on me!

Brandon
Graphic Designer in USA
Grafikdesign, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and Highly Effective

Kommentare: Freedcamp has helped solve our disconnect on projects among different teams within our company. It has allowed everyone a space to work together and collaborate online while also organizing all of our projects. Eliminating threads of emails back and forth internally or to clients has been a blessing and has allowed our team to work more efficiently and effectively.

From day one, Freedcamp was extremely easy to use. Adapting to a new project management system can sometimes be difficult, but Freedcamp was seamless. There are some great features which allow users to stay on-task and organized and allow team members to communicate internally or directly with clients on projects. The variety of interfaces and views are also a plus!

Finding completed projects on Freedcamp can be rather intensive. We have been using Freedcamp for about 2 years and we occasionally need to refer to an old project which takes valuable time to find which I feel could be improved. There seems to be a variety of ways to find a completed project, but all take too much time.

Alessandro
Digital marketer in Italien
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One of our best friend

Kommentare: Our team works better and deliver more project in time

There are a lot of interesting features in the free version, but when you are ready to pay, you will discover the full functionality of this tool.

Maybe Freedcamp has not the best design in terms of usability, but you will get used to work with it after a couple of weeks

Scott
Creative Director in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Lifeline for a busy creative team with no budget

Kommentare: Freedcamp allows me to easily organize upwards of 400 projects a year with anywhere from 8-20 tasks per project while providing an easy view for my team of the various tasks they need to take on each day.

Even as a free user, the Freedcamp team does not hesitate to provide me with support when I need it and even helps me to improve my processes with workarounds for features that are available in the paid product.

I would like to have more ability to customize the system for my use, but I'm not one who can speak well to this as I have yet to get authorization to upgrade beyond the free version, so I know my functionality is limited.

Łukasz
architect in Polen
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Easy to use and straight to the point

Kommentare: I've been using freedcamp for over 3 years and set up home and my small business projects. Even inviting my parents was very easy and they didn't have problems using the software.
The interface is very clear and intuitive - you get exactly the results you expect. The calendar view is very useful to see upcoming tasks at a glance.
Also most of the interface is quite compact - no unneeded spaces allows to show more taks on the screen (save for mentioned "Add Task" field)
Overall I'm very satisfied with the software. It has everything I need without overwhelming me with unwanted features.

- clear layout, - ease of assigning dates, teammembers and priorities to taks, - helpful reminders - mobile app - layered task help to organize the project - intuitive to set up and use.

- no second sorting parameter (sort by X then by Y). Unhiding completed tasks can lead to unsorted mess of a list. - sorting by progress only sorts first task list in the project, the others don't sort. - every task list features a large bar below to enter new taks. This takes to much screen real estate and prolongs the view of the project.

Miguel
Project Manager in USA
Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My Favorite Project Management Application

Kommentare: Freedcamp is an amazing tool that works well in small businesses with no need for Program or Portfolio Management. Managing multiple projects at that level might not be an easy thing to do. I track a dozen projects at any given time, but my business structure is simple and does not rely on overly complex resource allocations or time management... I am a small shop managing projects as needed, keeping tabs on time spent for billing, and track of tasks to be completed. Freedcamp does provide a means of tracking milestones as well and fits the bill to my exact business needs. From what I can see with my daily use, Freedcamp can be cumbersome in environments with heavy development. It does not provide for defect management, testing, etc. It is a task board that can be customized to fit many needs, but definitely not an enterprise tool.

Freedcamp provides a flexible and effective pricing structure to fit any business needs, including a free account. The list of standard features alone are impressive: shared file management, tasks, discussion boards, calendar, message boards, unlimited users, projects and storage, even time tracking... a feature that is often considered a premium with other project management applications. It has a pleasant UI which makes it easy to use. Even the setup is easy. Most of all, it provides customization at each project level. The home page now offers a dashboard that displays specific information for each logged in user. Get a bird's eye view of your work, updates, projects and weekly calendar overview on a single page to start off your day. Want an even more customized experience? Head straight to the widgets and create your own dashboard tailored to your specific needs. Freedcamp also provides the ability to change the display of many pages to a different view (i.e. view projects as cards or as a list).

I use the free account because it provides me with all the features I find essential for my simple business structure. But, it would be nice if there was some sort of basic or simple reporting features at this level. Unfortunately, reporting is only part of their paid subscription. But their pricing is low enough that it is actually worth forking out the extra few bucks. For as long as I have been using Freedcamp, I have not yet encountered anything else I would consider a con, as it has provided me with a solution to all of my project management needs. I do not work with Program or Portfolio Management, so I am not sure if Freedcamp provides such level of management. Based on their features list, this does not appear to be something Freedcamp has been designed to do. But if Program or Portfolio Management is not a part of your environment, Freedcamp is definitely worth looking into.

Rob
Senior Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Perfect Contract Work Organizer

Kommentare: I couldn’t do what i do without it!!

I have been using Freedcamp for years now. I have worked with large advertising companies and marketing firms all while maintaining my own contract side-hustle. The large companies use sophisticated software like Basecamp which can take awhile to fully learn and can be confusing with multiple people interacting across departments. For myself, i love Freedcamp because of its simplicity (based on my settings) and ability to quickly view open tasks and where my daily priorities are.

Not much option for customization. Like having a dark theme. I have sensitive eyes and my Mac is all dark themed. So viewing FC for extended time tends to cause me to squint. Also, it would be nice to be able to have an avatar/logo for each client (task) for a more visual experience.

Jeremy
Creative Director in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Freedcamp Review

Kommentare: Freedcamp has allowed us as a team to work 10x more efficiently, ensuring clients are happy.

Freedcamp is an incredible tool for keeping projects on track and ensuring deadlines are met. It allows you as a producer to worry less about remembering those notes you wrote down in a notebook, knowing that your project is being tracked.

Freedcamp does not update as often as I would like. Software should constantly be changing to stay relevant with trends and industry needs.

Antwort von Freedcamp

Hi Jeremy Thanks for your review! Freedcamp is updated every 2 weeks and multiple times in between for bug fixes and small tweaks. If you have something in mind we did not implement - please feel free to use https://freedcamp.uservoice.com Please let us know how we can improve support - I searched any requests from you - found none and I am not sure why our support was valued with 3 stars :) Any extra details will be super useful. Thanks, Igor

Mark
Web Developer in UK
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent project management features and customer support.

Freedcamp is simply a pleasure to use, bringing projects to life. Projects can be managed in one place, without having to jump between multiple disconnected programs. From Todo/Task lists, Milestones, Time Tracking, Invoicing, the ability to Invite other users into a project and so much more. It's constantly evolving too, with features regularly being added and updated. Customer support is super responsive, which is a standout feature in its own right.

It's difficult to find a negative to be honest but I guess it would be that that it's updated quite regularly (via regular scheduled slots), which creates an access issue for me personally sometimes. The developers do choose quiet times to do this however since I'm in the UK (and they aren't), due to the time difference I often find myself unable to use it on a Saturday morning whilst updates are being pushed. The slight inconvenience is still a small price to pay for what has become one of my favourite programs.

Shawn
Product Engineering Manager in Kanada
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Daily Project Management

The visual kanban organization of "tasks" as well as the cloud base access drew me in to using this software. I use this to manage customer queries for engineering requests under a single "project". I create ~250 new requests each year while continuing to close/service ~ 90 old requests that require revisions. Freedcamp allows me to add notes internal to each task as well as externally add visual subtasks for immediate daily status updates of the active engineering request tasks. The task kanbans get moved between three existing columns: NoProgress, InProgress and Completed for immediate status feedback.

My use case has been adapted to the software organization limits to limit the data input overhead of assigning each engineering request as a "task" to each engineer to work on. The software is better organized to handle long term "projects" than my numerous engineering tasks. However, I have made it work within Freedcamp but I realize that my use case is not the typical project management scenario.

Martha
Owner / Lead Designer in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best free to use project management software!

Kommentare: It's been great. I haven't had any problems and the information they give you on their website is true. It is 100% free.

Freedcamp is, to put it simply, AWESOME. I've tried so many project management software and freedcamp is by far my favorite. It is free, easy to use, intuitive for my clients, and full of so many great features! These features include task lists, the ability to assign tasks to clients, due dates, item priority levels, reminders for upcoming deadlines, communication with clients, file management, & so much more. I have more than 40 projects on the free version and it has made my jobs go so much more smoothly. My clients are happy and so am I! The paid options are also great if you need a more robust project management software.

The one feature I would love to have is the ability to create a project that has all the items I use for every client and duplicate that project for each new client. Right now I have to set up a new project each time. I believe this may be a feature of the paid version that I have not tested out yet!

Antwort von Freedcamp

Hi Martha, Thank you for a review! You can copy tasks and tasks lists from one project to another on all paid plans You can copy projects on the Business plan https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/Ogaab You can import template tasks from XLS on all plans - https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/zxbab

Ernesto Enrique
Ernesto Enrique
Full-stack Developer in Venezuela
Personalwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very good task manager for entrepreneurs

Kommentare: In general it is the best application to handle tasks, work teams and projects if you are an entrepreneur. I stopped using it because I needed some features like custom statuses and custom labels. Unfortunately they added them when I had already moved to another application

I used this software for more than 4 years and was in love since its first use. If you are looking for a simple task manager to keep track of all your pending tasks, Freedcamp is undoubtedly your best option. You can manage your tasks by lists and projects, have as many projects as you want, even in its free version, manage users at your whim, filters, export tasks or entire projects. Freedcamp has instant synchronization with Google Calendar and now they added the integration feature with Zapier or you can develop your own API connection.

Something I do not like is the invoice manager, missing features that do have others, there is no continuity in the user interface, some features were added over time and look different and finally the mobile application, it still needs a lot of work.