4.6/5
    4.6/5
    4.7/5

Über Freedcamp

Mühelose Teamzusammenarbeit. Es ist einfach und intuitiv zu bedienen und kann wachsen, wenn du erweiterte Funktionen benötigst.

Erfahre mehr über Freedcamp

Comacell B.
Creative Director
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.11.2018

"Our Go-To Product Management Site"

Kommentare: Overall I love freedcamp, I've been using this software for two years now and it continues to upgrade the things I always have small issues with so I'm hoping to see them tune up the major flaws. I would suggest this to any group or team needing a software to effectively communicate and delegate work.

Vorteile: Freedcamp is my favorite collaboration service for multiple users which has helped me organize and collaborate effectively via the cloud. Freedcamp is my ideal software for staying in control of projects, resources, budget, and time. My favorite feature is getting notifications in real-time of updates, questions and or comments.

Nachteile: My least favorite thing about freedcamp is using the software via the app. I don't like the fact that I can't save images that are loaded up by collaborators or myself. The functions of the app aren't half as good as using the website.

von Freedcamp an 16.11.2018

Hi Comacell,

Thank you for a review. Regarding mobile apps - we just released a new version of our Android app https://blog.freedcamp.com/2018/10/25/freedcamp-android-invitation-install-test/ which has a ful support for attachments. For you iOS users - a new version is ready but since it a brand new application we keep it in beta to be released in December. You can send me a list of your iOS users and will add them to beta so they can also work with attachments - https://blog.freedcamp.com/2018/10/25/freedcamp-ios-invitation-install-test/

Regards,

• Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Jeremy C.
Creative Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2019

"Freedcamp Review"

Kommentare: Freedcamp has allowed us as a team to work 10x more efficiently, ensuring clients are happy.

Vorteile: Freedcamp is an incredible tool for keeping projects on track and ensuring deadlines are met. It allows you as a producer to worry less about remembering those notes you wrote down in a notebook, knowing that your project is being tracked.

Nachteile: Freedcamp does not update as often as I would like. Software should constantly be changing to stay relevant with trends and industry needs.

von Freedcamp an 23.9.2019

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for your review!

Freedcamp is updated every 2 weeks and multiple times in between for bug fixes and small tweaks.
If you have something in mind we did not implement - please feel free to use https://freedcamp.uservoice.com

Please let us know how we can improve support - I searched any requests from you - found none and I am not sure why our support was valued with 3 stars :) Any extra details will be super useful.

Thanks,

• Bewertet am 20.9.2019
Loïc A.
Web designer / Developer
Internet, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 18.3.2020

"A great tool that I & my clients enjoy working on"

Vorteile: I discovered Freedcamp while looking for an application to allow me to easily manage my projects.
As a freelance web designer/developer, I need to manage both my upcoming design projects as well as my clients with maintenance plans.
Freedcamp allows me to accomplish all of this and at an affordable price for a freelancer. In addition, the team in charge of the application is readily available, responsive, and open to suggestions.
What I particularly like about Freedcamp is its clear, simple and efficient interface.
This is particularly important for me because my clients are not computer scientists. I’ve used a variety of tools in the past to be able to say that it is quite rare to find a project management tool with a clear interface.
Based on my experience, many competing applications are complex to implement, and personalizations are difficult to access for non-IT specialists.
Is Freedcamp perfect? Let’s see! :D Perfection does not exist and will never exist.
Do I like Freedcamp as a customer? I love Freedcamp!
Lastly, I want to highlight that my opinion is completely free and not sponsored.

Nachteile: What didn't I like about Freedcamp? For not having developed it myself :p

• Bewertet am 18.3.2020
Sportartikel, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2020

"A Solid Product Full of Features That needs a Restyling"

Kommentare: We are very happy and using it daily but with our side projects as the User interface is very very outdated if this will be soon redesigned it will be for sure on top of most of the similar PM apps

Vorteile: Whitelabel portal
email notification and custom fields implementation
ability to add easily task and project

Nachteile: The user interface is not that easy to follow and can be highly improved
a missing detailed onboard approach which covers all the features of the software

• Bewertet am 26.3.2020
Chief Executive Officer
  • Bewertet am 7.3.2018

"Not the most flexible tool on the market"

Kommentare: It helped us in our earlier stages of project management and team alignment

Vorteile: We used Freedcamp for a few months and it really helped us align our team's projects and tasks. Intuitivne and easy to use, it did the job it was supposed to do.

Nachteile: It's too basic. You cannot edit project phases - there are only 3 basic stages : to do, in progress, done. If your team is practicing scrum, you see the problem. I think it's a good tool to start with, but as your appetites and team's projects get more complex, it will become obsolete.

von Freedcamp an 8.3.2018

We think that each task can be only in progress, not in progress or completed but true - not in progress task can have a clarification sub-status like 'waiting for a feedback' or 'postponed' and we do consider adding sub-statuses in the future.

Things like Testing, Review - task lusts can be used to handle. task in Testing task list will still be in progress, not started or completed because if you set it as status you will never know if actual testing phase not started, in progress or completed.

To handle this in Kanban view we plan to allow to switch Kanban view to show columns as task lists in addition to by status available now.

Hope it helps what is planned and what to expect.

• Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Shelby S.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.8.2019

"Freedcamp is an efficient way to keep track of tasks."

Vorteile: This product was a definite improvement of my coworkers and I emailing each other back and forth. Keeping track of web design projects and all of the changes or fixes that need to be done is all in one place and can be easily navigated.

Nachteile: Some aspects such as web passwords on the toolbar doesn't always show the list. I'm sure this is user fault, but it personally can be confusing to add things to the right places.

von Freedcamp an 30.8.2019

Hi Shelby,

Thanks for your review. Please post us more about "Some aspects such as web passwords on the toolbar doesn't always show the list. " - we would love to hear details to see if we can improve.

Thanks

• Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Simone M.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 2.9.2019

"A perfect tool to cooperate at work"

Kommentare: Very positive experience, I started use many years ago after having tested a similar platform on line.

Vorteile: The easy use of it, the clean and friendly interface, the possibility of setting each project with different tools.

Nachteile: It misses some minor functionality, as the possibility of bulk manage items (e.g. delete all past task at once...)

• Bewertet am 2.9.2019
Leonardo W.
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.11.2019

"Outstanding Project Management Tool"

Vorteile: I've tested a lot of pm's in the last decade or so, lately from new kids on the block to stablished one's, and I can say, Freedcamp is THE best investment I made in my business. When you open the tool, things just work, the flow just makes sense, and everything you need to manage a project is there. If you need more power, you can activate the add-ons, or if you have a simple project, you can deactivate them. The bug-tracker is awesome, and it was a game changer for us, when you use it with the email in feature. It's possible to set an email per project, task, subtask or the bug tracker, and have everything within one dashboard. Really awesome PM tool. My search is over!

Nachteile: Nothing I can point, this tool really have everything we need.

• Bewertet am 7.11.2019
Adina W.
Executive Administrative Assistant
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2019

"Best of Both Worlds"

Kommentare: I liked the potential of having an all in one tool, CRM + task manager but was unable to easily get started. It was not terribly intuitive and so I got 'stuck' pretty early on and then did not get very far in the 'using' of the system before the trial ran out.

Vorteile: We liked the CRM + Project management tool functionality the most. Being able to use one piece of software in place of two.

Nachteile: It was a little cumbersome to get started on your own. It would be great to have had a 'getting started' session or conversation with a sales rep to get some guidance on how to use the software most effectively for our particular needs.

• Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Aksa V.
Digital Marketing Executive
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.10.2019

"Optimal solution for marketers"

Vorteile: I'm a marketing professional and missing out small and recurring tasks is like part of the job. Freed-camp help me remember my tasks on time, I love the functionalities it provides and the UI. Although some might find it little hard to catch up at first, for me Freed-camp is perfect. It has cost efficient plans for all sized teams.

Nachteile: Recurring tasks feature is available for premium users only.

• Bewertet am 16.10.2019
Miguel G.
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 10.3.2018

"My Favorite Project Management Application"

Kommentare: Freedcamp is an amazing tool that works well in small businesses with no need for Program or Portfolio Management. Managing multiple projects at that level might not be an easy thing to do. I track a dozen projects at any given time, but my business structure is simple and does not rely on overly complex resource allocations or time management... I am a small shop managing projects as needed, keeping tabs on time spent for billing, and track of tasks to be completed. Freedcamp does provide a means of tracking milestones as well and fits the bill to my exact business needs. From what I can see with my daily use, Freedcamp can be cumbersome in environments with heavy development. It does not provide for defect management, testing, etc. It is a task board that can be customized to fit many needs, but definitely not an enterprise tool.

Vorteile: Freedcamp provides a flexible and effective pricing structure to fit any business needs, including a free account. The list of standard features alone are impressive: shared file management, tasks, discussion boards, calendar, message boards, unlimited users, projects and storage, even time tracking... a feature that is often considered a premium with other project management applications. It has a pleasant UI which makes it easy to use. Even the setup is easy. Most of all, it provides customization at each project level. The home page now offers a dashboard that displays specific information for each logged in user. Get a bird's eye view of your work, updates, projects and weekly calendar overview on a single page to start off your day. Want an even more customized experience? Head straight to the widgets and create your own dashboard tailored to your specific needs. Freedcamp also provides the ability to change the display of many pages to a different view (i.e. view projects as cards or as a list).

Nachteile: I use the free account because it provides me with all the features I find essential for my simple business structure. But, it would be nice if there was some sort of basic or simple reporting features at this level. Unfortunately, reporting is only part of their paid subscription. But their pricing is low enough that it is actually worth forking out the extra few bucks. For as long as I have been using Freedcamp, I have not yet encountered anything else I would consider a con, as it has provided me with a solution to all of my project management needs. I do not work with Program or Portfolio Management, so I am not sure if Freedcamp provides such level of management. Based on their features list, this does not appear to be something Freedcamp has been designed to do. But if Program or Portfolio Management is not a part of your environment, Freedcamp is definitely worth looking into.

• Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 10.3.2018
Uriah G.
Web Developer
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2017

"I use this application to monitor my task and complete timesheets. Very useful. Very efficient."

Kommentare: This software saves me time when doing my monthly timesheets and reports. It has helped me to better organize my work life, and my home life. I am looking forward to seeing this as a phone app, so that I can have access to it quickly, and on the go. Thank you to the freedcamp team.

Vorteile: Each project can be divided into task groups, which allows for a better separation of goals. The tool is probably designed for groups and teams to work together. But I am still in the midst of encouraging my team to use it officially. Currently, the Tasks page works well for self management. I am able to write as many notes as I like, set due dates which will show red when I am approaching the deadline. I love organization, and this page is by far the most useful for me. As a developer at a small company, I am responsible for many different tasks concerning several different projects at any given time. All of these tasks have deadlines and sometimes highly time sensitive. Coming into the task page and seeing things labeled in red, and due dates visible makes my job a little easier to manage. Before this, I was using Google Spreadsheets with the rest of my team to track tasks and deadlines. They still use Google, but I have been using this more and more. Even for my personal task and goals outside of work.

Nachteile: I like the time tracker. But I feel it could be better organized. It would be useful to store a collection of time records in an archived folder somewhere. I use the time records to keep track of my time each month, in order to bill my client. But after the bill is sent out, I no longer need to see the previous months records. However I would like to access them quickly without playing with the current filter setting. It would also be nice to have a MAX TIME option for a time record. Sometimes I get distracted and forget to hit the stop button. When I return to the time record, it may have 100+ hours and counting. Then I have to guess when I actually stopped working on the task. A selected many feature would be nice as well, in order to delete multiple records at once. I love the Tasks page, but I probably spend more time in the Time tracker page.

von Freedcamp an 8.7.2017

Hi Uriah,

Thank you for a great review!

Later this year you will see more new cool things related to Time/Tasks/Invoices
- set estimate hours on a task
- track time on Tasks - tasks will be exposed to Time app
- time will be tracked for each manual entry or each timer run separately so we can tell how many exactly hours/min you spent this week or this month
- Invoices app will allow to bill client by completed tasks or time period you select. Billed entries will be clearly marked and easily filtered out. You will also be able to pull a combination of completed only and, for example, last month.

- if you worked on a long task and spent 40 hours (billed) last week and 25 hours (not billed) this week - time entry will be marked as partially billed.

And yes - we will definitely add an email and pop-up reminder when timer is running more than 8 hours.

As always - I am happy to chat 1:1 directly to better understand requirements.

• Bewertet am 7.7.2017
Mick B.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.6.2016

"It changed the way we work"

Kommentare: Projects and ongoing service development was done using Word documents and Spreadsheets. these were emailed around and project documents stored in shared folders but in no real structure. Keeping track of tasks and their staus was difficult and keeping project documents up to date and tracking who changed them was very difficult.
We had a major project to implement and we looked at different project management solutions and decided on Freedcamp. Much of what you can do is in the free parts but some of the add ons make a big difference, especially sub tasks which expand your ability to allocate work within a particular task, and Wiki which allows you to hold 'live' documents, we use this for change control plus other things.
The biggest benefit I have found is it makes people work collaboratively. Using notifications you can control what people get update emails about. These give a precis of changes and keep people aware and involved and it has been a real culture change. It is much harder for people to forget about the project until the next meeting and if you do a task review based on due date it adds urgency.
You still have to drive the project but as a tool it really helps you do that.

Vorteile: Accessible anywhere
Intuitive to use and seems fine in all the browsers I have tried
Great for structuring the work. Really helps you do identify priorities and group tasks and documents
Milestones keep people focused and you can link tasks and sub tasks to them to get a fuller view of progress.
If you are a Google user you can synch project calendars to your Google calendar and utilise Google Drive, which gives you another option for collaborative documents

Nachteile: Some people mention a lack of Gant charts but I just work in a different way now. I just had to adjust to that and some colleagues find Gant charts confusing anyway.

• Bewertet am 15.6.2016
Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Bewertet am 2.1.2018

"A great task manager which works well for managing projects too"

Kommentare: Keeps me on track and reminds me when I need to do things.

Vorteile: The development team is constantly improving the software and it seems to get better and better. The interface is really nice, and it's very intuitive. You have have lists or kanban boards for tasks, and subtasks too. The projects are colour coded and it's easy to navigate them. You can import tasks from an excel sheet which is really helpful if you have a standard list of tasks for each new project. The free version is perfect for me since I work on my own but I can see that it would be great for teams to use as well.

Nachteile: At the moment you can't have recurring tasks, which is a massive negative. However, this this planned to be included in 2018 I believe. The Android app is currently a bit basic (and not very stable on my tablet), but I believe this is also due for an upgrade in 2018 so fingers crossed it will get better. Task reminders could be better - at the moment you can set filters to show tasks due in a certain number of days, but it's a bit clunky and it would be helpful to have start and end dates for tasks rather than just single dates.

von Freedcamp an 3.1.2018

Hi,

Just an update. Start date for tasks is available on Business Plan and we plan to add it to Lite plan as well in 2018. You are correct regarding recurrent tasks - planing to add in Q1 2018 to all paid plans.

New daily/weekly digest reminding on missed deadlines for both start and due dates in tasks, milestones, issues is coming early Jan,

Thanks for your review!

• Bewertet am 2.1.2018
Martha W.
Owner / Lead Designer
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.5.2019

"The best free to use project management software!"

Kommentare: It's been great. I haven't had any problems and the information they give you on their website is true. It is 100% free.

Vorteile: Freedcamp is, to put it simply, AWESOME. I've tried so many project management software and freedcamp is by far my favorite. It is free, easy to use, intuitive for my clients, and full of so many great features! These features include task lists, the ability to assign tasks to clients, due dates, item priority levels, reminders for upcoming deadlines, communication with clients, file management, & so much more. I have more than 40 projects on the free version and it has made my jobs go so much more smoothly. My clients are happy and so am I! The paid options are also great if you need a more robust project management software.

Nachteile: The one feature I would love to have is the ability to create a project that has all the items I use for every client and duplicate that project for each new client. Right now I have to set up a new project each time. I believe this may be a feature of the paid version that I have not tested out yet!

von Freedcamp an 23.5.2019

Hi Martha,

Thank you for a review!

You can copy tasks and tasks lists from one project to another on all paid plans

You can copy projects on the Business plan https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/Ogaab

You can import template tasks from XLS on all plans - https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/zxbab

• Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Alejandro A.
General Manager
  • Bewertet am 8.9.2015

"Freedcamp has done a lot for me and I feel attached."

Kommentare: For the past year I've been performing an unconventional role as area manager for two movie theatres in Silicon Valley. In March of 2013 I began overseeing both locations without a conventional general manager installed at either location. In customer service and retail industries this kind of flat "start up" organizational structure is unheard of. The "boss" was always off site and the managers were expected to function as a team without any hierarchy. I knew that a key aspect of this radical experiment in re-structuring would be to empower each of the managers to act on behalf of the company while also giving them a way to communicate upstream and downstream with little effort, so that I could "see" what was going on during each shift and the upper management and floor staff could also witness the engagement and commitment of the management team. After test-driving a few social "project" services, I chose Freedcamp. In addition to the cornerstone of manager logs, I use your system for staff schedules, facility maintenance task assignments, HR, special event coordination, logging vacation time, marketing/promotions, emergency forms for police and fire, reporting grosses to studios, a wishlist where all 50 employees can voice their desires for the company, and more. Every department in my company utilizes Freedcamp for something. I was unaware my HR department was using the manager logs until they demonstrated that they were using the search function to look up employees' names and track behaviour over time in advance of disciplinary action. I didn't show them how, they just took the initiative. This was the first clue I got that I wasn't "forcing" the system--that other departments were getting easy access to more information than they had before. A third satellite location in our company is overseen by a technophobe, who has recently and vigorously adapted to the Freedcamp-based maintenance system I developed without my coaching him at all, and now he posts more than anyone else. This is final proof that what I've instituted using your software is self-sustaining, creating a much-needed flow of information within a small but disjointed company that has grown in fits and spurts since 1975. When I took on the new role a year ago, I lost six managers in one month. The strain of the "boss-less" system was too great without some additional infrastructure. Since introducing Freedcamp, my attrition rate is zero. No one wants to leave now.

• Bewertet am 8.9.2015
Kassie L.
Staff Accountant
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2019

"Excellent Software even better customer service"

Kommentare: Excellent experience and happy with the features and support I have received. The software keeps all our projects in front of us and holds us all accountable since you can assign different tasks to different people.
I would recommend Freedcamp to others and encourage them to do the free trial, but watch the tutorials first.

Vorteile: The customer service is amazing. They respond quickly and truly want to work with you to help you with your needs.
The software is customizable for different industries and needs, and the tutorials are easy to listen to and follow. We really like that you can also save important discussions within each project and attach files to each project you may need. It is a one stop shop that allows us to see what needs to be done and keep everything in one easy to access place. It also holds each member of the project accountable as you can assign various tasks to different people within the project.

Nachteile: I wish the filters on the task page had more capabilities but again they have been working with me trying to help me get the functionality I need. The calendar feature is also a little hard to use for my needs but I am sure they will add more features as time goes on.

• Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Ernesto enrique F.
Full-stack Developer
Personalwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.12.2018

"Very good task manager for entrepreneurs"

Kommentare: In general it is the best application to handle tasks, work teams and projects if you are an entrepreneur. I stopped using it because I needed some features like custom statuses and custom labels. Unfortunately they added them when I had already moved to another application

Vorteile: I used this software for more than 4 years and was in love since its first use. If you are looking for a simple task manager to keep track of all your pending tasks, Freedcamp is undoubtedly your best option. You can manage your tasks by lists and projects, have as many projects as you want, even in its free version, manage users at your whim, filters, export tasks or entire projects. Freedcamp has instant synchronization with Google Calendar and now they added the integration feature with Zapier or you can develop your own API connection.

Nachteile: Something I do not like is the invoice manager, missing features that do have others, there is no continuity in the user interface, some features were added over time and look different and finally the mobile application, it still needs a lot of work.

• Bewertet am 29.12.2018
Alexander D.
Technical Artist/Owner
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2015

"My reasons - flexibility and a low threshold of entering"

Kommentare: The first thing I noticed about Freedcamp was its flexibility. Freedcamp doesn't limit the number of members in the project, or the number of projects. It has limits though by features enabled in your projects. This allows you to have a piece of mind when you create a new project. You simply know it is free for any number of participants and if you will need a paid feature ' cost is fixed and is affordable. Any extra module can be purchased separately for the project at any time. If you need Invoices for a particular project, you buy the module. If you need Issue Tracker ' also buy the required module. In this case, you only pay for the functions needed at a particular time. Project is finished and you don't need it' Simply cancel subscription. The second important aspect of the system is a low threshold of entering. It is hard to achieve, based on my evaluations of other system, but Freedcamp truly empowers my team and customers, educate them and show how such tool saves time. It allows to be more effective, work better together and gives us a competitive advantage because our journey with the client gives them new experience they buy. We just say: 'We are going to use Freedcamp. It doesn't require any special skills or special trainings'. Also, they shouldn't check Freedcamp all the time, they receive emails with all discussions and updates in tasks by email, including art work we attached. Freedcamp's basic functionality doesn't have any features aimed to specify type of business, being, in some sense, universal. In other systems, where they create vertical market PM tool (for engineers, marketers, designers etc.) ' language, UI can mislead and turn off clients making project a failure. Personally, I also like ability to add new version to my attachments anywhere in Freedcamp. In my job it's very important, because it allows not to litter a discussion or a task with dozens of copies of the same image by constantly posting minor changes. Instead, Freedcamp allows simply add a new version to an old attachment, while retaining the ability to see all previous changes in a well done interface. Of course, I don't want to say it has all I want to see, but feature set and design that exists now, and my conversations with Freedcamp team, which is always available and not only listens but reacts quickly for my personal bug reports and feature requests, leads me to believe that it will evolve to be an even better tool for me and my team.

• Bewertet am 20.9.2015
  • Bewertet am 23.3.2018

"Versatile Project Management Tool, Good Team Functionality, Affordable Pricing"

Vorteile: I've been using Freedcamp for a few simpler projects and it has everything you need: - Gantt charts to get a bird's eye view of your project
- easy storage of passwords, access codes etc.
- define tasks and subtasks
- Create tasks either as a list or arrange them in a sticky like note fashion
- You can extend the app with addons you can get from a built-in App Store
Also it's great for collaborating with other members as it's very simple to invite external users to your projects to work together

Nachteile: The interface is a bit old school for my taste and the task options are quite basic out of the box. Being able to create invoices is a nice feature, but it's a bit cumbersome and unfortunately too basic for European law. Day to day features like reverse charge invoices between members of the EU are not possible to do because there doesn't seem to be any way to add text fields to invoices to include e.g. the customer's VAT number. What's also lacking is a thorough right's management. E.g. you work together with a freelancer who can set the price he is charging you, but cannot see which price you put into a custom field he doesn't have access to. Apart from that I'm quite happy about the software actually.

von Freedcamp an 27.3.2018

Thanks for posting a review.

Invoicing app contains VAT ID (last field) when you set up a client.

All people invited to a project with Custom Fields can access and see them unless you meant something else.

If you want to clarify - please email me back

• Bewertet am 23.3.2018
Michelle C.
Steering Group Chairperson
  • Bewertet am 11.8.2017

"We used Freedcamp for project-managing our rural community-based fundraising event."

Vorteile: You can just jump in and use it without any advanced computer skills and your data is regularly backed up. It's just so easy to get up and going immediately. You can run multiple projects at a time. The other things I really like about Freedcamp is the speedy, knowledgeable and friendly help desk service, as well as the ability to post suggested improvements in a public forum that other users can comment and vote on. It's like being part of a development team all working to create the best programme possible. Also, Freedcamp kindly sponsored our non-profit community event by giving us access to all the add-ons at no cost. Apart from producing a wonderful product, it demonstrates a social conscience that is a rarity today. We are extremely grateful to them for supporting us.

Nachteile: I honestly can't think of a thing. It did everything we needed it to. I would recommend it to others in a heartbeat - particularly to small community groups that don't use project management software on a regular basis or have a large organisation behind them with lots of computer skills. This isn't to say it's not a complex and well-engineered product suitable for a wide range of organisations and businesses - simply that it's designed so that people with ALL levels of experience can use it. If I had to make a comment on what I'd like to see with Freedcamp, it would be that it is more widely advertised online so that when people search for project management software, it's right there in your face and you don't have to go looking through lists of other, more complex and expensive options. :-)

• Bewertet am 11.8.2017
Mary alice G.
Co-Owner & Director of Marketing
  • Bewertet am 26.1.2018

"Wonderfully Robust for a Free Project Management Platform"

Vorteile: As independent contractors, we are often added as team members to other project management platforms. After using Slack, Trello, BaseCamp, Jira and others, we actually opted for Freedcamp for our own internal purposes. We find it doesn't have the steep learning curve required to adequately and accurately use the features and functionality available and isn't nearly as overwhelming to uninitiated clients, increasing user engagement and buy-in. We recently upgraded to the Business version, but found that the free version met most of our needs for the first 2 years of use. The time-tracking feature is especially nice, and is what originally drew us to Freedcamp over some of the other options at the time.

Nachteile: The app isn't nearly as robust as the desktop version, being limited primarily to the management of tasks only. If some of the other features were integrated, I would be hard-pressed to find another platform to recommend as broadly to a wide variety of clients as I do Freedcamp.

• Bewertet am 26.1.2018
Jack H.
Partner
  • Bewertet am 15.11.2016

"Easily the Best Lightweight PM Tool around"

Kommentare: I needed a new lightweight PM tool. Checked out old faithful, (Basecamp). Ugh. Don't need to spend the money for these small projects. Tried Asana. Ok, but weird interface I could never get used to. Tried Meisterwork. (I think that was the name.) It wasn't bad, but it didn't wow me. Then I found Freedcamp. Wow! I signed up immediately, and have been using it literally every day for 6 months now. I manage a bunch of smallish projects all the time. None of them last long, but there are too many tasks and too many projects and too many statuses to do it on paper. Wow, do I love this little program. Like Basecamp, it does not do GANTT charts or WBS or Earned Value calculations or all that high-end NASA-centric calculating. What it does do is allow me to manage a butt-load of different projects with lots of tasks without losing my mind. It even has a time tracker.

Vorteile: I love the "bulletin board" interface option. Love the drag-n-drop status updates. Love the way it manages teams, files, projects. Love the ability to categorize & group. Actually, I love almost everything about this project.

Nachteile: There is NOTHING I don't like about this. It's like they crawled inside my head and designed the EXACT light project management tool I imagined.

• Bewertet am 15.11.2016
Tianna P.
Private Groups Consultant
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.11.2018

"Use Freedcamp, it makes life so much easier!"

Kommentare: I work for a tour company that has lots of regular departures and Freedcamp's business plan has been an excellent way for me to schedule and look after all of the operations tasks associated with each tour. Being able to create project templates with relative due dates makes my life so much easier. The best thing about Freedcamp is the level of customization that the projects can have. When I was searching for a project management software I found that so many other programs (such as Trello) didn't have all of the features I was looking for, and Freedcamp really ticks all of the boxes. Customer service is great as well, the team has been super responsive to all of my questions.

Vorteile: Level of customization for projects is awesome, integrates really well with Google calendar, Email-in is a fantastic feature. Freedcamp, in my opinion, can be used for anything that you want to keep organized.

Nachteile: CRM functionality can be a little confusing at times, but good overall. Would be wonderful if some display elements on the Freedcamp calendar could be more customizable, such as showing the project/lead name at a glance for a task without hovering over it or clicking into it.

• Bewertet am 21.11.2018
Allison G.
Marketing/Communications Strategist
  • Bewertet am 9.6.2016

"At a loss for words for how much I love this application"

Kommentare: I LITERALLY have never had a piece of software work so flawlessly and create team integration as successfully as Freedcamp has done for my team. I cannot speak highly enough about this product. If you are looking for PM software, compare the features of Basecamp and Freedcamp. I think that you will find that there really is no comparison. Basecamp is $29/month but that is only for your team. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think many companies and organizations operate in a vacuum and don't use outside contractors or partner with other organizations. So... when you are ready to bring in additional contractors and clients, your price goes to $79/month. Both of these include 100gb of storage. Nice, but filled very quickly if you upload art and larger files. Each of the marketplace add-ons are on a trial basis and if they work for you, great. You can pay monthly or by the year. If they don't, don't use them and don't pay for them. I think any team could customize their Freedcamp setup to include every plugin and it would STILL be cheaper than Basecamp. In terms of Customer Service, Freedcamp is outstanding. They truly want the product to be the best it can be and respond to the customer as a valuable asset to making the product better. I have communicated many times with their Customer Service folks and stand amazed that they care so much about their product and those using it. As I have no experience with basecamp, I can't speak to their customer service. Finally, the add-ons have all been great (at least the ones we have used). My team's new favorite add-on is FileEdit, which is an online document editor. No downloading files to make minor corrections just to reupload it back. It's intuitive aspects like this that make me think that this is the best PM software available for time management and collaboration. I highly recommend Freedcamp to any team looking for better collaboration and communication. I think that you will love it!!

• Bewertet am 9.6.2016