ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus

Bewertet am 12.11.2018
Brian D.
CTO
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Android tablets in our trucks so the devices are all in remote locations most of the time. I was using G Suite and GoTo Assist to manage them. G Suite is worthless for managing devices. There is no way to identify the device records in G Suite because there is no unique identifier that actually correlates to the the physical device... the device serial number in G Suite is a random number generated by G Suite not the actual serial number of the device and G Suite will not pick up the device name. GoTo assist is too expensive and requires extra steps from the user. This app solves both problems.

Vorteile: I live the ability to apply profiles, deploy apps, and remote control control the devices easily. Remote control is much better and cheaper than GoTo Assist!

Nachteile: I wish it could apply a template for app shortcuts and widgets on the Home page (Andoid) and set App permissions. There is a bit of a learning curve and some complex setup steps (i.e. Apps for Work using G Suite) but this is understandable given the functionality provided and not a huge problem.

von ManageEngine an 21.11.2018

Hello Brian,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

Could you elaborate more on your request regarding app shortcuts and widgets?

Regarding app permissions, MDM does lets you pre-configure app permissions as explained below:

In case of further queries, you can mail us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

ME MDM

Bewertet am 25.10.2018
Alberto R.
IT Manager
Pharmazeutika, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With ME MDM our company was able to improve security issues avoiding install unauthorized apps, at the same time the possibility to distribute new content to devices. The Geo-tracking functionality embedded in MDM let us save money cancelling to services provided with other external solution.

Vorteile: Platform is very easy to use and very intuitive in comparison with other MDS, many variety of ways to complete enrollment process supporting most important operating systems, new features are added continually and support is good.

Nachteile: Some issues in my particular case randomly some android devices request the set passcode according to the policy, but event the passcode si set MDM agent request once and once again so the devices keep blocked. It happens juts in a very few cases in group of devices with same model android OS version and MDM agent.

Hello Alberto,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

Regarding your issue about Android passcode policy, I've opened a support ticket for the same to fix it at the earnest.

In case of future queries, you can mail us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

Takes configurator to the . next level through the cloud

Bewertet am 16.2.2020
SBM
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: So far, so good. I'm looking to upgrade our configurator options for upwards of 500 devices across 9 seperate sites, so it needs to work, the very first time we have it configured.

Vorteile: The account is nicely and simply split into the separate elements. Once you've familiarised yourself with the separate pages, you can navigate easily between the option are looking to fulfil. If ever there's a doubt, a quick email to support and they respond timely, which is a rare thing these days !!

Nachteile: The initial differences between configurator and mdm took a little while to work out where things were, but once understood, not too bad.

ME MDM gets the job done at an unbeatable price

Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Bill C.
System Integrator
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The low cost of entry is the best I found out there. We primarily use our MDM to put devices in multi-app kiosk mode. ME MDM provides us with everything we need in an MDM at an unbeatable price! And, here's a story about my experience with ManageEngine's top-notch technical support ....
At first launch of the MDM, we discovered the app wasn't 100% compatible with our devices, because they were running a non-updatable older Android OS (ver 4.4.2). ME immediately went to work to figure out the problem. After about one month of testing and tweaking, their app developers delivered a fix and the app's successive version have all worked perfectly since. They truly put the customer first!

Nachteile: Honestly, I have no complaints about this app. But, to be fair, we're light users of the app...we only use it's geo-tracking and kiosk mode features. So, we've never put every feature of the app to the test. There may be a downside out there somewhere, but I haven't found one yet.

Hello Bill,

We're happy to know that MDM has helped you with your device management needs.

This software isn't bad.

Bewertet am 22.2.2018
David S.
IT Help Desk
Essen & Trinken, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that the management is all web/cloud-based, so it can be accessed from anywhere. I like the ability to have devices in groups and to push out apps/app updates, profiles, etc. on a per-group basis. We have multiple satellite locations, and the groups perfect for that.

Nachteile: I don't like the overall clunkiness of the web interface. I don't like that it doesn't resize very well based on the size of your browser window (I use Chrome) even when there is clearly white space that it can fill in. I don't like that you have to re-assign devices from the Enrollment tab, but you can only see the Serial Number on the Inventory tab, so I have to switch back and forth to make sure I have the right device.

von ManageEngine an 5.11.2018

Hello David,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We'll consider your feedback and work on the interface.

In case of future queries you can mail us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

So far so good

Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Michael H.
Business Analyst
Unterhaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used the solution to roll out Square POS devices for our Grey Cup event and since it worked so well we're looking to expand it to corporate owned devices. Overall I would definitely recommend this solution.

Vorteile: - Easy on-boarding of devices
- Fairly simple navigation
- Robust guides/how-tos
Overall, very happy with the solution so far, cloud based makes it easy for the team to utilize and we've encountered no issues applying any policies to devices.

Nachteile: I found a lot of redundancy in the navigation/application of policies. It may be more efficient to have more of the device settings, profiles, etc. in one spot. As well I found apply profiles to devices not the clearest to start. Also, profiles would benefit from being able to apply multiple WiFi SSID's at once.

Hello Michael,

We're happy to know MDM has helped you with your device management needs.

I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the concerned teams to improve the navigation as well as the features.

In case of future queries, you can write to us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

ManageEngine makes MDM Easy

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Brian C.
Application Support Lead
Pharmazeutika, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have a large amount of tablets amongst our company with no previous way to manage them. This software is making it easier for us to help whenever and wherever we can.

Vorteile: Android integration is a breeze, adding devices does not take much time at all. Creating any applying profiles can be a bit confusing but only because there is a large amount of options to go through.

Nachteile: Enrolling older Apple devices. Apple makes everything difficult.

Hello Brian,

As you may already know, in case of Apple enrollment, MDM leverages the methods provided by Apple to enroll these devices.

My Review

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Joel P.
IT Analys t
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This application is amazing, I've been using it over a year now to manage and track Apple and Samsung cellphones and tablets and it never lets me down.

Vorteile: Its user-friendly works seamlessly. The configuration is easy to do and the tutorials are easy to understand. The remote application allows for easy support for users and Geo-tracking allows for easy locating of lost mobile devices.

Nachteile: I had a little problem figuring out here to update mobile applications but I soon figured it out

Hello Joel,

Could you elaborate on what difficulties you faced with updating apps?

Zoho and ManageEngine Desktop

Bewertet am 1.12.2019
Anthony P.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to use the cloud based MDM solution

Nachteile: Tech support live chat does not work well but they respond to email quickly which makes up for it.

Hello Anthony,

I'll definitely pass your feedback to the requisite teams. In case of future issues, you can write to us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

All In One!

Bewertet am 10.1.2020
Laurent M.
Digital Project Manager Sr

Vorteile: You can manage all your devices all in one across different OS.
Enrolment fits all needs (from larger fleets to small teams to OEM)
Very Flexible

Nachteile: Don't jump into to program alone, follow the tutorials. ;-)

Does what we need it to do. While alittle rough around some edges, this MDM shines by its features.

Bewertet am 22.2.2018
Maximilian P.
Computer Technician
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to manage our mobile devices effectively and efficiently in a work and school environment.

Vorteile: Easy to setup with a relatively straightforward dashboard layout. Where as a handful of other MDMs I have trialed are a bit overly-feature rich and have awkwardly placed menus, ManageEngine's MDM layout is one that makes sense, and integrates all of the things that a school district like ours needs. While trialing this product on a half dozen android tablets, they were a breeze to lock down, and we were able to group them up and drill down and apply policies on group and individual basis' with out too much struggle at all. Geo-tracking, Android Apps for Work Integration, individualized and group-based app approval, but also curating a custom app store, swift QR Enrollments, and user assigning are all big things we need in a MDM. And of course, a few hidden gems like the web clips, and the integrated remote monitoring are wonderful additions to a otherwise comprehensive device management platform.

Nachteile: Only a couple concerns with the product itself. For some, the policy profile layout can be a bit overwhelming for some. We only have 5 schools, but certain things require a new profile for each minor change, like 1 profile for each WiFi profile you have to deploy, and each webclip requires its own as well. While straight forward, it can get make the profiles page a bit messy as you keep adding on to them, and should changes need to be made, going back between them can take a bit of time. Small thing, but a critique none the less. Another small critique is we had some issues connecting via the remote monitoring. Either it's our network or the service, but we were only able to get it working a couple times, and it requires a couple steps of user interaction to start the session more than I would like. The only noteworthy concern I experienced, & I will speak with a Customer Service rep for more info, is that I experienced a policy / app syncing issues on more than 1 occasion during deployment. During initial enrollments, I had instances where apps did not get downloaded to the devices, I had policy's that would not refresh despite manually refreshing them on the tablets themselves, and twice when I decided to remote wipe the device, the device did not wipe, despite it marked as removed from the console - where I then had to manually remove the mdm app from the tablet itself via a override code.

von ManageEngine an 5.11.2018

Hello Maximilian,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We'll consider your feedback and look into ways to ease profile management. Could you elaborate on the difficulty faced during remote control as well as app/profile syncing on devices, so that we can work on the same.

In case of future queries you can mail us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

Made my life massively easier

Bewertet am 4.6.2018
Technical Support

Kommentare: The management of our devices all round the UK was easy to setup and is rolling out now. Our primary concern is to minimise suppor calls, and this software allows us to remotely control the device, the applications installed, system updates and all other issues we come across on a daily basis. This means we can proactively push the latest version of our software out to all the tablets when it is released, saving us the hassle of having to talk end users through the update process. plus we can lock down the problem users to kiosk mode and completely limit their access to anything but the work applications. Our customers also have their own applications that they use, and we can manage these on behalf of our customers, offering a much more streamlined, yet personalised service.

Vorteile: I have more than 200 tablets around the UK with local councils. With Zoho I can remotely update the company software, lock problem users down to kiosk mode and stop them from watching TVPlayer on their lunch and using all the data allowance. Everything is in a single system, unlike Knox, is much simplified over other systems and even a total novice like me managed to pick it up in the space of a day or two.

Nachteile: There's a few things we'd love this to do... Remotely push json files to a set directory on the SDcard, and the one thing that knox has over ME, allow us to set the layout of the home screen. But the premium for Knox is not worth that single feature.

von ManageEngine an 7.6.2018

Hello there!

Greetings from ManageEngine!

I'll pass on your requirement of distributing JSON files to mobile devices, to my engineering team.

Additionally, we've been working on the home screen customization feature and this will be released soon.

If you provide your requirements for both cases, it'll help us understand it better.

You can e-mail any further queries to either me or to mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

Assure security with ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus

Bewertet am 7.5.2019
Manager Marketing
Wein und Spirituosen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This solution help us to manage, track and assure information security on our mobile devices (phones, tablets )

Vorteile: ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus is one of the best mobile device management solution for small companies. Easy to install and administrate, real time app and configuration push. Also you can track your devices and set boundaries.

Nachteile: We like this solution. Fit great with our requirements.

von ManageEngine an 24.5.2019

Hello there,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We're glad to know that MDM Cloud has helped you with your device management needs.

In case of future queries, you can contact us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

Free Trial

Bewertet am 1.6.2019
Wessam B.
Head of IT
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are trying to be compliant with GDPR and an MDM is essential. I had trialled many systems and ME so far came on the top from functions to cost and support.

Vorteile: I signed up for the free trial before I committed myself. I really love the functions of this application it suits my organisation in everyway. The most useful function is the Fence Repository.

Nachteile: The difference in hours between me and support sometime it took longer to get help.

von ManageEngine an 28.6.2019

Hello Wessam,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We'll definitely consider this feedback and try to improve our Support team.

Great Option for Small-Midsized Companies

Bewertet am 12.11.2018
IT Security Engineer
Sport, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This has been an easy solution for us as we look to implement an MDM for our 250 user environment.

Vorteile: We have spent a few weeks with Manage Engine and love the simplicity and ease of use. Device enrollment is seamless, and most options include a quick video tutorial which can make things much, much easier. This is also the only MDM I have found thus far that will let me track devices only if they are marked as Lost. I'm not trying to be big brother and don't need to know where our employee's phones are at all times, so the option to leave that off until a device is lost is a huge plus for us. ManageEngine is also very friendly for BYOD companies, and our users love the sense of security it provides.

Nachteile: I'm still trying to understand Knox integration and how to more effectively use that, but that is less on ManageEngine and more operator error. While the videos are helpful, they could be a bit easier to follow, and I wish they were narrated by a human and not a computer.

von ManageEngine an 21.11.2018

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We will consider your feedback and improve the videos.

In case of any future feedback, you can mail us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

Fine MDM to use

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Bruce F.
IT Admin
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was pretty positive when it worked and offered more than we needed.

Vorteile: It has a lot of features for the price. Amazing options available that you have to pay a lot more for from other vendors for example containerizing is something that was great to find on it since most do not have it. Kiosk mode, works with all major platforms, black and white list options auditing reports and asset management were all options we liked.

Nachteile: It did not consistently push software out to users and it was cluttered for the interface.

von ManageEngine an 6.1.2020

Hello Bruce,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

Could you elaborate on what issues you faced with app distribution and where exactly do you feel we can improve our UI/UX?

Excellent Product

Bewertet am 29.1.2020
Waco M.
IT Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have many busses that are dispatched to transport elderly and disabled individuals. Each driver receives a tablet that is used for scheduling and navigation. ManageEngine MDM allowed me to quickly onboard the tablets while also locking the tablets down to prevent unauthorized access and recovery options should a tablet become lost or stolen.

Vorteile: ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus is loaded with options. I use the MDM system to manage multiple, mission-critical, devices and cannot afford problems. Thankfully, I have experienced no issues and can rest easy while the MDM looks after things for me. As well, the staff at ManageEngine are quick to respond and provide many training opportunities. I highly recommend ManageEngine MDM.

Nachteile: Because ManageEngine offers so many options, it can be confusing to navigate. However, training videos are available and always free.

Excellent Management System

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Corey W.
IT Admin
Viehwirtschaft, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: So far in using the software, it has been great. Lets me keep an eye on devices and is very easy to use and deploy apps other settings to devices. We have been using Meraki but this will definitely replace it. We don't manage a large number of devices, less than 25, but it is looking very promising.

Vorteile: Easy to use
Many options to deploy and enroll devices
Location History

Nachteile: Having to factory reset Apple devices to make the most of the software

von ManageEngine an 12.11.2019

Hello Corey.

Greetings from ManageEngine!

It is Apple whose workflow mandates factory resetting the device. MDM simply follows the workflow defined by Apple.

In case of any future queries, you can write to us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

The overall experience ha been satisfactory, works well with samsung devices with android version 5

Bewertet am 23.7.2018
Aiah K.
ICT Manager
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We operate in a country where mobile data is prices are on the high side and we provide tablets to health workers fro disease surveillance and reporting, however without MDM we had issues with users misusing the data sent to the tablets. As soon as we introduced MDM plus on the device we were able to stop data misuse by staff and resulted i us abling to reliably estimate data cost to run the devices in the field.

Vorteile: Very good solution for samsung devices, works seamlessly with these devices and takes away the pain of setting up devices from scratch. You just need to give the device internet access and enroll and sit back and relax. the support is also good for the product, I normally get any issue resolved within an hour.

Nachteile: Working with other android devices can be painful at times. Features that are available for samsung devices are not available for other android devices so you are kind of limited to device selection if you want to benefit from the full package.

Hello Aiah,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We support more features for Samsung as it provides additional APIs for this purpose while in other Android devices we support almost all the basic features.

In case of any future queries, you can mail us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

Affordable Cloud-based MDM solution

Bewertet am 6.10.2019
Lj H.
Operations Assistant
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For the most part, MEMDM delivers. I'm looking forward to continuing development of the Cloud-based product. I'm hoping the reporting and staging.

Vorteile: We just recently upgraded about 100 devices, and the fact that you can set groups, policies, and push content and apps to the devices automatically reduced 80% of the migration time, where it would have taken weeks to complete this task without an MDM. The Geofencing and location tracking is also a bonus.

Nachteile: The lack of information in the staging process is a downfall. You can have 20 of the same hardware staged, with no information such as S/N or IMEI to identify the staged hardware. The MDM doesn't pick up any of this information until a user is assigned, which truly defeats the purpose of the staging process. At the very least, the hardware information should be recorded. The It's a guessing game when you have multiples of the same device. It's counter-intuitive and counter-productive.

von ManageEngine an 12.11.2019

Hello LJ,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

I'll pass this requirement to the concerned team and see how we can improve the staging feature in MDM.

MDM that you need

Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Director of IT
Wein und Spirituosen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have a very good experience with MDM from Manage engine. We like that tool and we recommend it.

Vorteile: MDM form ManageEngine is one of the best and powerful soft to manage your mobile devices - phones, tablets. Easy to install and administrate. Real time management of devices, geo location, application and configuration push are some of the possibilities.

Nachteile: Application documentation can be more detailed. No another thinks that we don`t like.

von ManageEngine an 24.5.2019

Hello there,

We'll pass on your feedback regarding the help docs to our documentation team and improve the app management help docs.

quick to setup, low learning curve

Bewertet am 18.7.2018
IT Specialist
Industrieautomation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: has some neat features, like remote view/control.
the app distribution feature is really nice to have, especially with the ability to blacklist certain apps.
enrolling and provisioning devices is straightforward once you get the profile and groups setup
updates to device profiles are pushed to devices, you don't have to wait for the device to check in

Nachteile: the deprovision of devices is a little confusing.
android device support is limited compared to iOS. some features are only available to iOS even though the same features are available to android in other MDM software, like adding a WPA/WPA2 Enterprise WiFi profile

Greetings from ManageEngine!

Support for features in particular platforms can be given only based on what types of APIs are publicly available. That said, you can configure Wi-Fi on Android as explained in the link below:

In case of future queries, you can mail us at
mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

Innovative and easy to use. Great for small and large businesses.

Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: - Allowed us to remote into our User's devices and help troubleshoot.
- Allowed us to disable our devices if it ever gets stolen or lost.
- Set up is a breeze.
+ Instructions are easy to follow
- Has a great inventory system.

Nachteile: - Sometimes site takes a bit to load (not sure if it is just my internet or my computer)
- At rare occasions, customer support responses take a bit too long.

von ManageEngine an 25.12.2018

Greetings from ManageEngine!

Our MDM solution is hosted on our own private Cloud to ensure it is speedy.

In case you encounter the same issues again or for future queries, you can mail us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com

Great value for the investment!

Bewertet am 12.6.2019
Justin M.
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Price is reasonable, functionality is growing and offers all the competitive MDM options. integrated with Apple DEP very easily.

Nachteile: troubleshooting enrollment problems is not easy, but the staff makes every effort to help.

von ManageEngine an 28.6.2019

Hello Justin,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

Could you let us know which aspect of enrollment was difficult for you, so that we can try improving the same.

Hits the right notes

Bewertet am 18.9.2018
Grant L.
General Manager
Logistik & Lieferkette, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were impressed with the wide platforms with worked with and the functionality. All with a great price point. I think it represents good value for money.

Vorteile: It has strong functionality and yet is user friendly enough to allow us to exploit the functionality. We were also impressed with its ability to work with some older operating systems. In transport we could not always expect the devices to be state of the art.

Nachteile: Some of it is a little clunky we had some issues with registration but for all its functionality we were able to persevere and overcome the teething challenges.

Hello Grant,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We'll look to improve workflows to ensure easier learning curve. In case of any future queries, mail us at mdmcloud-support@manageengine.com