XOLA is amazing for many reasons, but they need to speed up their process for fixing bugs

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Anna H.
Operations Manager
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: XOLA excels in many ways at many things, especially customer service, helping you learn, and ease of use. However, when there are things that don't work well for you, it feels like you are up against a wall and you just have to deal with bugs, and they give the impression that these things won't be changed for a long time, and maybe never. You just have to love it for the awesome things it does and accept the frustrating things it doesn't do.

Vorteile: The best part about XOLA is their customer service. You can instantly chat with somebody at all times, and if you need to call and talk to a real person that is easy too. I cannot stress how amazing this is, as we have all spent hours going around in circles with customer service with other companies countless times. Sometimes for me to the point of frustrated tears. XOLA sets the standard for how reachable and friendly and helpful all customer service should be! XOLA also makes certain things incredibly fast and easy to do. You can tell a lot of thought has gone into functionality and usability, such as navigating through the site.

Nachteile: My biggest complaint is also about customer service. You can easily talk to somebody and they will help you figure something out or teach you how to do something. However, sometimes I need to do things that XOLA is not capable of, and I feel that being able to do them is extremely important. In this case they simply say they will forward your request to their development team, and maybe someday there will be a meeting about it and it might get changed in the future. Sometimes when you tell them what you need to be able to do they disagree with you, which is odd, because they are not the ones actually using the software to run a business! One example is I need to be able to remove credit card numbers attached to people's accounts. This is very important for many reason, one of which is sometimes they belong to an ex-spouse, have been cancelled due to fraud, are cards they don't want you to charge any more, etc etc, and when collecting a balance it adds tons of time and correspondence with clients to figure this out. This is one example of many things that you can DO on XOLA, but you can't UNDO. Like when you accidentally enter a person on the questionnaire, you can't delete that person. I just think when you tell them things like this that seem really logical and practical they should be able to change them, or at least make you believe they understand it is important to your daily functioning and that they will try to change it.

von Xola an 27.1.2019

We are happy to see you love our customer service! I can understand the frustration that goes into a system not functioning how you need it to and that our process to resolve this seems slow. We take every request very seriously and want to make our customers happy with our software. I would be happy to set up a time to talk and discuss our process a little more in detail with you and also get more feedback from you on how we can handle these differently. I will be reaching out very soon to set up a time for us to talk. -Jessica

Smooth operator, but there's definitely room for improvement and new features

Bewertet am 11.1.2019
Jose S.
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall the experience has been transformative. However, we're coming from basically no booking software at all - before XOLA we had just implemented an extremely rudimentary home-grown solution in an effort to organize our burgeoning business and a significant shift in our business model that was producing a much higher level of traffic (and revenue.) As a result, we've been able to capitalize on these new channels and really bring our business to another level. There's hiccups, as with anything, but we've seen the software maturing and changing to accommodate and scale up, and we're very happy with the results. I recommend this software for any small to medium-sized business that is looking for a solid, smooth booking experience. As the software improves, I believe there's a very good chance that it will become a best-of-breed app and is absolutely worthy of consideration.

Vorteile: Without a doubt this is a smooth app that knows what silk feels like. The UI has gone through some great improvements that have improved the silkiness to a degree even silkworms would be jealous of, but it's clear that they're taking the time to listen to their users in the development process and that's important. Performance is more than just good, it's Tony-the-tiger great. Smooth and well executed interface. It's missing features - some of them might be important to you, it's hard to say - but the devs do a great job of listening to feature requests and we've seen real, significant improvements all around. That's the sign of a maturing application. Is it best-of-breed? Hard to say, and I'm sure there's arguments for and against, but I'll give them this: their support is out-freaking-standing. That alone is worth a few awkwardly implemented features or some gaps in how things are executed. If there's a problem, you connect to a staff that takes their support work seriously. I'm surprised they don't hop in a plane and come to your computer and help you out - they legitimately take every step just shy of that in an effort to find a solution. It's impressive and it outshines any downsides you might find in the app itself. Is there always a solution? No, that's unrealistic. But they often find a workaround and if they can't they'll make sure the devs know there's a gap that's been discovered and that needs to be looked at. Great, great support team.

Nachteile: There's feature gaps. Depending on any number of factors the software just doesn't quite fit - but it's close. Usually close enough - there's often a workaround that is... well, good enough. And you hope the devs close up the gap or shore it up and it won't get any worse. For the most part that happens, but when there's a 'feature release' you hold your breath and a lot of times you're left thinking to yourself "what? there's so much better things to have spent man-hours on than that..." To be fair, I've often found the implemented features to be useful once I've worked with them but there's still features - things I would consider fundamentally necessary - that haven't been implemented. It's a fail, but a relatively minor one. At least, for us - ymmv.

von Xola an 20.1.2019

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are always happy to see our customers enjoying our software, and be willing to give this kind of feedback as well. It is customers like you that help us grow and become better for our customers. We value your words and want to know how you feel about Xola. I want to reach out and get more information on the gaps you see with the software and what we can do to fix them. Again we really appreciate the time you took to give us this feedback and I look forward to connecting with you soon. - Jessica

My experience with Xola has been outstanding. I've used two other systems - PeekPro and Bookeo.

Bewertet am 2.4.2018
Kellie C.

Vorteile: I love the platform's ease of use, for both the customer and the user. When using previous platforms, we had customers calling continually because they were unable to complete transactions because they were confused with the setup. And, for the back-end user, it is a breeze! In fact, we never even had to train our employees to use Xola. The backend is extremely intuitive. And, I can't say enough about Xola's customer support. It's the best of any platform I've used. If I have a problem, Xola's chat is ALWAYS available. I also appreciate the backend functionality of being able to refund customers with store credit. The system automatically emails the customer a promo code for future use and stores the information within our system. Rebooking previous customers is also a breeze! And, what's BEST for me, is Xola's pricing model. We live in an area with a very high sales tax and I did not want to have to charge our customers an additional 6%. With Xola, we get an incredible platform (that more than pays for itself with the "abandoned shopping cart" feature) for a flat monthly rate. Xola is also continually tweaking the platform, making it better. The most recent backend mobile update is incredible -- giving me near full functionality from the ease of my iPad.

Nachteile: As for cons, yikes. I really can't think of anything. When I do come across functionality features that I would like to see, I have easy access to suggest my solutions. What's even better? Xola actually listens.

Hi Kellie-

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is valuable as we are constantly seeking to improve and our business only succeeds when our customers' businesses succeed. Thanks for choosing Xola and keep the feedback coming!

Cheers,
Sophie

Generally good - but not the very best

Bewertet am 31.3.2018
Maren R.
Owner and Manager

Kommentare: -- Online Ticket Booking Platform
-- Online Scheduling System

Vorteile: -- 24 hour customer support available by chat
-- Clients stay on my website while booking tickets for my escape rooms using Xola
-- Automated reminder e-mails
-- Ability to customize questionnaire and booking requirements
-- A salesperson quoted me a price and stuck to it
-- Report Features
-- Great Credit Card processing rate (through Stripe)
-- Ability to integrate with Google Cal so staff can see when they are scheduled to work
-- Instigation with Smartwaiver (limited, would like more)

Nachteile: LIMITED CLOSING OPT:
You can set sessions to have cut off times. This is important but when I used FareHarbor it allowed me to keep sessions open if the session was partially sold. I would like this feature on Xola. Currently there has to be a hard cut off time -- or I have to keep the session open until it's start time.
LIMITED INTEGRATIONS//NO CRM CAPABILITIES:
The system doesn't integrate with MailChimp, it integrates with Smartwaiver but on a limited basis. For example if Joe books 6 tickets Xola captures Joes information. His 5 friends information is added on Smartwaiver but then I have to dig into Smartwaiver to find their info. I doesn't turn them into a customer profile even through Smartwaiver waiver is connected to Xola. It doesn't integrate with Trip Advisor Review Express -- so I have to manually enter each customer e-mail between Smartwaiver and Xola.
BUGS & UPDATES:
They are constantly making changes. Sometimes I log on and have to look for something in a new place (updates are always accompanied by e-mails) however, I would prefer to choose if I want to update features or not. Sometimes these updates and improvements cause bugs -- At one point a bug was impacting my settings. It took them over a week to solve the problem and I didn't get any kind of update. I always had to ask for it.
I feel like complaints and requests go into a long report that no one reads. They have come out with lots of updates but none that I have requested.

Hi Maren-

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Your feedback, both pros and cons, is very helpful as we are always looking to improve.

Good news! We recently released Enhanced Cutoff Logic. I'll shoot you a followup email to make sure you have that info and are good to go there. Also we have a Zapier integration in beta that could help you connect to more apps. I'll include that info in the email as well.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with one of our updates and encountered issues. I will be sure to discuss this with our Director of Customer Success to ensure we are doing what we can to mitigate similar issues in the future.

Sophie

Xola is the best reservation service. Some bigger, others less expensive. So what? I want the best!

Bewertet am 9.2.2018
Kevin P.
Head Dark Ranger / Owner

Kommentare: My entire 6-figure income business (not bad for only 3 years in the ultimate boutique of astronomy tourism) is powered by Xola. I would not be nearly as successful as am, if not for Xola. My customers find it as easy and enjoyable to use as I do. I'm constantly referring others to Xola -- everybody except my closest competitors of course. I don't want everybody to wield the might power of Xola as I do. :-)

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and yet still has a lot of capability. Indeed Xola has allowed me to add capability and service (gift certificates, rain-check coupons, equipment rental, etc) to my business that I would not have thought of implementing if not for Xola showing me how easy and profitable it would be. The absolute best part about Xola is their customer support. I don't need much help, but occasionally a client's credit card company gets obnoxious when the guest asks me to add another person to their bill, but a quick online-chat with Xola folks (even if 3am as it usually is for me because my business is astronomy tourism) and problem resolved. Some reservation companies brag about how they assign specific agents to each client but that's not as great as it sounds. At Xola everybody knows my name and my business model which means I literally get 24-hr support. About twice a month one of Xola's so-called competitors try to woo me away. I sat through about 6 or so of these pitches just to confirm that Xola was the best, and now I turn the table on these poor interlopers. When they say "You should switch your business to us!" I argue, "You should switch your career to Xola!" And I follow through by providing a link to Xola's employment page and their excellent reviews at Glassdoor.

Nachteile: Xola's phone app has some limitations compared their html software, but they are steadily improving that too. I don't see this as a real problem because running a business is serious and complicated matter and nobody does serious stuff on their phone right? For example when I first tried to make this review for capterra on my phone, it crashed when the captcha failed to load correctly. Then I couldn't go back and lost everything. So I fired up my laptop and rewrote this review from scratch. Phones are silly.

von Xola an 1.10.2018

Thank you for the amazing review! We are glad to see how happy you are with Xola. I have to say as an employee that is working here, it is amazing job to have as well! As for the mobile app we are constantly working on improving it and we hope that you are seeing these improvements. Please keep the feedback coming, because it helps us grow as a company when we see these reviews and feedback.

Easy to learn/train/use, responsive to tech support needs, and good variety of features.

Justin H.

Kommentare: Xola has greatly enhanced our ability to make the sales process easy to use for the customer, as well as robust and easy to use for our sales and accounting team.

Vorteile: The ability to sell gift cards at discounts (and then to properly manage the accounting on the backend) is one of the great new features that we really like. This is quite a simple checkout process, but the underlying logic is quite complex. Xola did a great job on this rollout, which speaks more in general to their quality control with new releases. We find that as Xola rolls out new features, they are really well supported, with very limited "bugs" right out of the gate. This has been reassuring, as they have demonstrated the discipline to thoroughly vet updates prior to release, so that there are limited problems caused for their clients with the updates. This allows us to enjoy the new features without the headaches of "unintended consequences" that can sometimes come with feature releases.
Also, more in general, Xola has done a good job in making their product use intuitive, This aids the ease of the booking process, makes sales quick, training quick, and even helps in troublshooting.
Lastly, the existence of an API is nice, as we have been able to build a few integrations with other software that we also use.

Nachteile: The ability to export data to excel is nice, but it would be great to have more customizable reporting capability within the software, and/or the ability to create report templates. It would also be nice to do more with packaging of products, rather than just have the ability to sale individually. Lastly, it would be nice to be able to manage Lodging accommodations (i.e. multi-day bookings) a bit more cleanly. They have a workaround for Lodging, but it is a bit cumbersome to use.

von Xola an 22.3.2018

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for the review! Responses like this truly allow us to know what we need to work on and what we are doing right!

-Kris

Responsive to needs and continually improving the software from my feedback.

Susie D.
Owner/Office Manager
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: All booking info in one place and so easy to keep on track of what is coming up for both myself and my employees. Also, easy reporting to see trends, end of month reports, etc.
I can access the info from anywhere - even when away on vacation.
Also, I believe more customers will book, when it is right there with a "book now" button - they don't need to call, or email and so they do more impulse scheduling. I even use the feature to be able to contact those that don't complete a booking and it almost always results in a booking, once I've had the chance to contact them and answer the questions that may have stopped them from booking on their first impulse. Without Xola, I would never have even known they were considering booking....that results in more bookings and more satisfied customers.
My customers all rave about the ease of booking - Happy Customers means repeat customers.

Vorteile: Ease of Use and Customer Support -- I looked at many companies and did demos prior to making my decision to go with Xola. Xola is, by far, the easiest to use of all the companies that I demoed. Inputting product, making changes, updating info is all easy and very intuitive to use. When I can't easily figure something out, Xola's 'chat' feature is AWESOME! There is always someone there to quickly guide me through with very little or no wait time. They walk me through the process via chat and once even offered to call me, instead, so they could more easily guide me through how to do something. If I have a need that Xola can't fulfill, they immediately send that to their development team and in most cases, I get an email or call saying the feature (or a similar one) is now available.
I've had offers from other companies that may be less expensive - but am so impressed by Xola's customer responsiveness, that it would take a LOT before I would make a change. VERY happy overall with my choice to go with Xola!

Nachteile: Calendar does not show multi-day events (only the first day shows). Also - only allows for 'group' or bulk discounts on same item. I would like a way to have the system give "Xth purchase free" - for example - so once someone has booked 2 items, it could prompt them with a "Buy one more and you get a free one". I saw other companies with this capacity, BUT then they had other things that I did not like. Overall - Xola has more Positives for me, than negatives.

von Xola an 22.3.2018

Hi Susie,

So happy to see that both you and customers enjoy using Xola! Your feedback helps us improve our software. Cheers!

C'MON features!

Bewertet am 18.12.2017
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I started with Xola back when the booking software genre was almost nonexistent. Back then there was Bookeo and that was about it. Now I get a sales call every week from competitors. Peek Pro seems to be the only software that is more feature rich but they are pushy and spam your customers if they get ahold of your data base so beware about them. Xola has an easy and beautiful interface. Non-pushy sales people. Help when you need it. Great ability to manage customers IF you never have to reschedule. The cost is lower than other companies if your doing volume greater than 5K a month. A good choice but you need a dedicated reservationist if you are offering an experience were rescheduling is common.

Nachteile: When pricing out a booking software company for your business consider the cost of an employee to manually have to reschedule your customers if your experience is prone to cancellation i.e. rain, wind, snow etc. and add it to the monthly cost of Xola to get an accurate idea of the true cost. The point of having a booking software is so you can concentrate on running your business and making it grow. Playing secretary is part of owning a small business but when it takes from R&D, marketing, quality of life it can kill you. Xola only allows your customer to book and reschedule themselves prior to their scheduled date. If you cancel the day of the adventure the customer has NO ability to reschedule if your experience is cancelled due to weather. If you are in a tourist area where you don't have an option to reschedule people because they are on vacation or the experience that you provide is indoor and cancellations rarely occur Xola is a great choice. If your experience is subject to weather and you take the entirety of the experience cost in advance, Xola has fallen behind severely compared to the the other big name in booking software. I provide Hot Air Balloon rides in an area that is prone to strong winds and rain during the season. My demographic is local and I sell my experience to customers that can and know that rescheduling is normal. I leave a recorded message the day of the flight and if the flight is cancelled there is no way in Xola to email the passengers a link to reschedule! Xola allows the customer to select another date prior to the experience and you can set those perimeters but after the customers first date choice, if it is cancelled, that is where you are left back in the 80's. In order to get your customers rescheduled on another date you need to do it over the phone and manually move them in Xola and online for it to move in real time. Xola has completely missed the boat for the experience provider that has to cancel for environmental reasons. I have submitted this feature request for two years now and it has shown no movement. They said it is not a common feature request and told us we could give the customer a "store credit". A credit sounded good until we realized that the customer would have to put al their personal detail starting with their name again to go that route. That is just not an appropriate thing to have your customers who are paying good money have to do and it looks unprofessional. I know for a fact two other operations left Xola for a booking company that offers a solution to the common problem of rescheduling for us outdoor providers. I think that they perhaps specialize in the hiking tours, or biking tour company that goes wind, rain, or shine and just refunds their customer if they cancel. Perhaps most of Xola's merchants operate in tourist areas where the customer does not reschedule because they are going home from vacation. The irony is that they offer our customers a great option to reschedule themselves prior to their first date. Why not extend that availability to after the date in case the experience is cancelled and the customer doesn't want a refund or via policy has to reschedule. For customers booking online, selecting a date and paying is seamless. The merchant can customize a checklist for the customer i.e. what to bring, what's included, a map the meeting point. We receive just the odd phone call asking for clarification and payment is quick. On the other hand we need to hire staff to answer the phones just to rebook our customers on days it is raining or too windy to fly. On average another 40 hours of phone calls and talk time is added to our expense because of the lack of a customizable reschedule link we could send our customers so they could reschedule themselves. Customers like not having to leave voicemails if we are on the other line and %95 of customers would rather NOT wait to speak to a reservationist to go over dates that may or may not be filled. It's really frustrating and I do not believe we are the only one or one of the few merchants that need or would find a simple reschedule feature useful as they have implied to us. The only other con is that they now leave the price on the gift certificates when a customer buys one. This was not always the case. Xola has a mailable and printable gift certificate option which we utilize heavily and you can now offer experiences at a discount but they for some reason notify the recipient of the price. We have been told and agree with several of our customers that leaving the price on the gift certificate is tacky. It has not always been that way, just with the recent update. I understand if you are giving a cash card to someone, you would need and want the recipient to know the price to avoid an embarrassing moment at a store or restaurant but who leaves the price tag on a gift? Xola gives the recipient a code so the recipient can book only and that process is easy but it's clear how much nanny spent and loves them the moment they get the printed gift certificate or email. We went from chasing a couple hundred bucks a week to help pay for a hobby we love and turned it in to a serious 2 person small business with gross income in the six digits, well 3 person and income in the 5 digits because we need someone to handle all the manual reschedules. Feature requests do get noticed but at about 1.5 year turn around. It's been two years since we have been asking for this. We have grown and enjoyed Xola, we just for their sake since the booking software market is so competitive now want to see them be #1 and have the client base Peek Pro does as they are a lot more ethical but we fear they won't if this feature isn't added and if the feature turnaround isn't quicker. Our review may appear negative even though we enjoy most of Xola. We understand all businesses have their little intricacies but we have been an experience provider for over ten years now and have offered many activities, rescheduling is a part of booking management no matter what adventure you provide, we and we are certain most other experience providers agree, just understand you will NOT have that option with Xola. Xola could be the best by far with just a couple more features.

I recently moved 4 tour companies onto Xola from other options and I am happy to never look back!

Bewertet am 16.8.2017
John F.
That Guy
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Slicker guest interface as well as a more intuitive and cleaner user interface for staff.

Vorteile: My favorite thing about Xola has been the extremely knowledgeable and speedy support staff always being at the ready via email, phone or 24hrs a dang day via chat. I can not tell you how key it is to understand that hours of need to not happen between 9-5 somestandardtime but can happen at anytime. To me, having someone there to bounce questions and issues or even just log a feature request is key compared to the many other software companies that offer lame "help/knowledge bases" or "video tutorials" you can search forever and still not find what you need. I also appreciate that they are not resting on their laurels when it comes to updates and feature additions. Since I have been using Xola since Jan 2017 they have released many updates that actually have workflow function compared to "Wow.. we made it so you can add emoji's to your email signature" type of stuff I have suffered through as "function upgrades" on other platforms. Lastly I really like that the software has the ability to be cross platform and mobile and you can still have full functionality. It is helpful that they are working towards upgrading the app as they go so more actions can be tackled through there as well.

Nachteile: The mobile app for android at least could really use a "refresh" feature like on the web so I can swap between company accounts easier than restarting the app. The guide management is a growing feature so I hope more develops there sooner than later which is more about my personal workflow needs than anything else. Lastly, it is not something that has as much to do with Xola as it does with Google in that the subscribed calendar feature Xola offers does not work well with the way google imports them so I would love to see a push style calendar notification instead so those not on apple products are not left with inaccurate calendars. Again more a Google screw up than Xola but I really really want xola to rework the calendar notification option so it can integrate better cross-platform.

von Xola an 12.10.2017

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your review! So glad to see that you are enjoying Xola. We appreciate the feedback. We are certainly working to address some of the improvements you recommended.

- Kris Lawson

Great booking software for small business

Bewertet am 12.1.2019
Colton S.
Owner/manager
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Xola takes a ton of the work load from the booking process and streamlined it so people are ready to go as soon as possible. It makes it mischief easier for us to track and keep up with our customers and prospective customers and even makes marketing and promotion more effective. The support is great and the interface is easy for us and our customers.

Vorteile: The set up and user interface is really easy for the most part. The customer service is fast and responsive, anytime I have a problem it’s answer d in minutes over the phone. The pricing option are really good for small business/new start ups and the booking fees are very reasonable. The best part is Xola is geared towards the outdoor industry and the software easily integrates into your existing website. It also has automated features like abaindon cart as well as custom coupons and discounts which I really like. We use this software for our SUP/Kayak rental business and it has been fantastic so far.

Nachteile: There could be more customization on the backend of the booking parameters, for instance selecting availability dates for a rental unit takes some time. I think it would be nice if Xola offered it’s own credit card terminal. It is difficult to add two separate “experiences” to one purchase, meaning if a customer of mine wanted to rent one kayak and one SUP they would have to do separate transactions.

von Xola an 20.1.2019

Thank you for leaving us this review! We value our customers feedback! We are glad to see that you believe Xola is easy to use not only for your business but for your customers. I am going to be reaching out to get some more feedback on the customization you would like to see on the back end. As far as the separate transaction, we have just come out with a new feature called Single Transaction for Multiple Reservations, that allows you to have multiple bookings in one transaction. I am going to send you more information on this as well. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to connecting with you soon.-Jessica

Very easy and convenient to use

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Matt G.
Driver / Tour guide
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am an employee of the owner who uses Xola for Buffalo Pedal Tours. I really like that as I'm headed to a tour I can just open the app and within 5 seconds I'm looking at the name of the person who booked and it only shows tours that are booked for me. I really like that I don't have to "check the schedule" to see when I work, like restaurant staff, since sometimes tours are booked only a day in advanced. The notification system through email ensures I'm not missing any tours I've been booked. So overall its a great piece of software. Keep up the good work and keep improving!

Vorteile: -I love that with my tours I can just go onto the app and check without having to keep track myself of what days I work.
-The app is intuitive, clean, and easy to use.
-I like that I can see my bookings on the desktop site and sync the calendar with my gmail calendar.
-I like that when I get booked a tour it sends an email to me.

Nachteile: Improvements that can be made: -The desktop site does not allow me to see see the Questionnaire. I have to reference the app to see what the customer wrote.
-I don't have the need for a credit card reader, yet the app asks me every time I open it. Once I accidentally said "yes" while wearing headphones and thought I may have gone deaf when I high pitch tone assaulted my eardrums.
-I can't confirm a tour through the app. Its inconvenient because then I have to find the specific email and then enter my login thru a web browser. In-app tour confirmation would be much less hassle.

von Xola an 29.10.2018

Here at Xola we are always trying to improve our software for our customers! Your feedback helps us do that, so thank you!

Best live support I've ever seen. Great product. Easy to use.

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Alexander W.
Owner/Founder

Kommentare: Great 24/7 customer support for me. Easy interface for my guests. Makes setting up new products and automating my web bookings very simple.

Vorteile: The Xola sales system works fantastically well. Yes, it does take a little bit of time to familiarize yourself with all of the bells and whistles, but thankfully they have 24/7 live support that is actually there and are fantastic. Not only can they explain to my dumb ass what actions I need to accomplish in order to toggle product listings and calendar settings, they will do it for me when I am confused or lazy. I love XOLA.

Nachteile: Xola is made primarily for Tour Operator style businesses offering experiences and doesn't offer quite as much dynamic customizability for selling merch to the people buying tickets from you. Yes, your customers can "Add-on" an item like a T-shirt to their ticket purchase before checkout, but the Xola software doesn't give you the chance to (a) provide a product image for "Add-on" items and (b) retrieve preferential information - like Shirt Size and Color - for "Add-on" items. If your goal is to sell extra promotional merch to your clients, Xola may not be right for you. But if your goal is to make the online reservation process a breeze for your clients so that they can easily self-serve their own booking needs, Xola is HANDS DOWN the best and most intuitive I have seen.

von Xola an 17.4.2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback, Alexander. So happy to hear you love Xola. We definitely strive to meet the needs of businesses taking bookings and have the Add-on option is there to help with incrementally increasing revenue and selling a small selection of merchandise. Thanks again for the glowing review and don't hesitate to reach out if we can ever be of assistance!

Best in class

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Josh D.
Owner / Escape Specialist & Seriously Cool Guy
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Saves a tremendous amount of time with this easy and simple user interface. Saving time equals more time for more important stuff.

Vorteile: Xola is the simplest booking software out there. I have tried several, and this is hands-down the best there is! Easy to understand and a breeze to navigate through. One of the strongest points is how easy it is to train your staff on.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to customize things a little bit more than what is available.

von Xola an 13.9.2019

Thanks Josh! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm excited to let you know we'll be adding more options to customize elements of Xola over the coming months!
-Sophie

Almost perfect! - But missing a crucial functionality.

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Mike L.

Kommentare: It's been great - Xola is the clear choice for escape room scheduling and online booking payments.

Vorteile: Xola's has pretty much thought of everything and makes it very easy to manage checkouts and payments for a modern escape room. Their support is always there and willing to go the extra mile. I've been in online business since before Google was a search engine - and Xola is flat out impressive!

Nachteile: The only thing I can see that Xola can do better, is to allow the company (business owner) to redirect a customer to a specific page after the purchase has been made. That one feature would allow us to directly track all of of our Google AdWords and Facebook Conversions. ...Yes, I know that Xola has a "conversion tracking" setting... but it is not BULLSEYE accurate like when you are able to track your conversions DIRECTLY inside of your Google and Facebook Campaigns. I need to know "What ad triggered the conversion - what keyword did they click on - and then I know what is working inside of my ad campaigns." Pushing conversion tracking to Google Analytics (as Xola does now) does not allow me to do that. Let us redirect the user/purchaser to a specific page on our site - you'll give your clients insight into their advertising and they'll end up pushing more money back into Xola.

von Xola an 23.10.2018

Thank you for the feedback! Here at Xola we strive to meet the expectations of our customers. I am going to send your feedback to the team as a feature request and let them know your concerns about redirecting the customer to another page and conversion tracking. If our team has any questions they will reach out! Again thank you for the feedback! It is customers like you that help us grow our business. -Jessica

Good & easy to use

Bewertet am 8.8.2017
Seth K.
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Advance purchase and daily ACH deposits are great. Having client emails will be helpful too.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and mostly intuitive. Over the past few years a number of features have been added to make it more user friendly. Customer service is very responsive. Site has very few "down" times and only the occasional issue with international customers having interface issues. Overall, we are pleased.

Nachteile: There is still room for improvement. The two most annoying issues are: occasionally clients make errors entering contact email information. I cannot edit the email to help customer if they are a return client (we have a 70% return rate). System will not allow edit to a preexisting email address. Second, have have 40+ guides. There is no way to alphabetize the list of my guides when assigning them to tours. They are listed in order of joining my team. This ends up making guide assignment cumbersome. Finally, Xola is expensive. I am reluctant to have customers pay a 6% additional fee and absorb cost myself. That cost is significant and concerning.

von Xola an 15.8.2017

Hey Seth, thanks taking the time to leave a detailed review! It's been a pleasure working with you for so many years. Really glad you brought up the email addresses, the system does allow you to edit! I'll have one of my teammates follow up now to show you how to do it and discuss pricing options with you. I'll also make sure he gets more info on the guides list so we can put that into our customer feedback loop.

We appreciate your business!
-Alex

Xola has streamlined our booking process and made it easier for customers to sign-up online.

Bewertet am 3.5.2018
Guide Office Operations & Marketing Director

Kommentare: The overall ease of the booking process for our customers and even on the backend has been a huge improvement in saving time and being able to track all of our customers bookings.

Vorteile: Xola has really streamlined the booking process. It has made it easier for us, in the office, to manage bookings coming in and see when trips and courses are happening. If we are booking private trips or courses that are not listed on our website, we have built our backend system to allow for us to do this quickly. Xola keeps our customers credit card numbers on file in a safe and secure manor making it easy for us to take deposits and final payments prior to a trip or course. Our customers seem to find the booking process easy and user friendly. We have also integrated the use of Smartwaiver with Xola which has made tracking waivers much easier and taken the need of our guides to do it away. Our guides are still learning Xola but Xola has made it so the guides can quickly access the client information without having to send it in a seperate email.

Nachteile: The biggest thing that we wish was different was that on the calendar, during booking and on the backend, that Xola showed the length of our courses. It only shows the start date, and although this hasn't been a problem, it would be something that would be a nice addition to make life a bit easier. Along the same lines we have courses (single courses) that run Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday and would like to be able to show the custom schedule of that course in some capacity, even just on our backend calendar to see the overlap with other trips.

von Xola an 3.10.2018

Thank you for the review! I hope that you have found our new calendar features useful and hope they address your concerns! We are glad to see you find Xola easy to use!

Have been with Xola for 3 years - Happy to recommend!

Bewertet am 28.1.2018
Pete G.
Business Manager

Vorteile: We're a TO in Europe and have more or less had a good experience with Xola with no plans to jump ship. They began working with outward bound service providers in the US and when we arrived with dozens of complicated walking tours, we tested them. Xola have listened to us and made some improvements, but several are still pending and have been for 3 years. Their CEO has been notified about these service limitations (how to price private tours, how to store age banded price ranges for future time periods with 100% flexibility, and others...) and we hope he'll get on it. In general though, Xola is a big thumbs up against the weaker providers like Rezdy and Trekksoft which are both inferior to Xola. Chat support is first class (Milos, in particular).

Nachteile: Xola have hired some poor account managers in the past. They need to improve on this although I am referring to former staff who were at Xola in 2016. Now gone and all ok). Xola have a free account for start ups with only a few tours. This is only available for US customers and it's unfair. They must offer this to customers in all countries.

von Xola an 20.2.2018

Hi Pete,

Thank you so much for the review. We truly value the feedback. Some of the reason we are unable to offer our flex plan to all sellers are due to payment processors available in each country can vary. If you have more questions about this please write us at support@xola.com. Happy you are enjoying the software!

-Kris

This software makes everything about my business easier

Erik S.
Chief
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using this software saves me time money and headaches

Vorteile: from being able to integrate waivers, to reconciling my bookkeeping, to making notes, to creating waitlists for sold out trips, to making manifests, to having incredible customer service 24/7 live, to being able to keep making more and more functionality, it is hard to choose what I like best

Nachteile: The fact that there are not enough people using this software is what I like the least. If more businesses adopted Xola,instead of using many other online marketing and bookings CRM's then the end result would be the client would understand why they want to book on a Xola platform. Besides ease of use - there are NO HIDDEN FEES in Xola No surprise at check out -Unlike many other online platforms. I do not like that the businesses stick with other lessor platforms because they think making the client pays the cost of the platform in the form of hidden fees tacked on at the end to them wont be noticed . Those guys should understand that Xola excels because they are being paid by the Tour Company not the check out customer. When bugs and issues and features are needing to be addressed Xola treats its partners and customers properly and works to a resolution.

von Xola an 8.3.2018

Hi Erik,

Thank you so much for the review! So glad to see you are enjoying the software. Cheers!

Xola for the win

Bewertet am 10.11.2016
Tanner M.
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Xola was our first choice software for our new business and we are glad we went with them. Starting a new business is always tough but working with Xola gave us a quick launch with great insight and tips from their staff. Xola is constantly improving, offering education and studies on the tourism industry and is a quick phone call away. We are always looking for the most efficient way of doing business and clearly Xola is as well. Our calls are on time and our questions are answered. The UI is straightforward and robust. Something we were unable to find in other software. The costs are clear and easy to manage. Our contact at Xola regularly checks in with us and we have created a relationship that ensures our needs are met. We are looking forward to growing our business with Xola.

Vorteile: User Interface is simple but robust. There is no sacrificing ability for the sake of navigation.

Nachteile: Refunds have to come out of your xola account, there is a balance that stays in your account and gets sent to your account according to your desired time frame. If the account is empty and you need to refund a customer you have to load money to your account. This is supposed to change as we discussed it with our rep and they were already working on a solution.

von Xola an 10.11.2016

Hey Tanner. Chris here. Thanks so much for taking the time to review. I've enjoyed getting you setup with Xola and helping you get your business off the ground using our system and also giving you the 'best practices' based off of all the other pedal taverns who use us. Next year will be a big year for you and I'm excited to see you grow. In regards to refunds, we are totally restructuring that work flow and will have a new solution soon with plenty of time before your next season. Take care and talk soon!

Pub Cruiser Bikes

Bewertet am 3.9.2019
Laurie R.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like everything about it and love the Bots that run specials. This has worked well with us. Also, I like the integrated waiver with Wherewolf.com..

Nachteile: Cost is high unless you do the one where it basically passes the % charge onto the customer. I wish it had the ability to assign more than 1 bike to a time slot so that both of my bikes could run the same schedules and we did not have to have a bike 1 and a bike 2 schedule.

von Xola an 5.9.2019

Thanks for the review and feedback! Happy to see you are enjoying our Xolabots! As far as the assigning more than one bike to a timeslot, we are coming out with a way to do that soon. We will send out more information about this once it is completed and ready!

Jousting over the Cliffs and the Ocean

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Pamela C.
GM
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Best customer service ever
User Friendly
In comparison to Fare Harbor and Peek Pro - Hands down best!!
Love the Loading screen phrases. They always make me smile
Rescues are the stuff

Nachteile: not being able to use same guest email twice
not being able to delete guest emails
affiliates are not alphabetized in settings
not being able to have more than 1 code on a reservation

von Xola an 5.9.2019

Thank you for the review and feedback! You can now merge customers together that have the same email, so this should allow you use the same guest email if needed. I have taken notes on the rest of your feedback and will bring it to our product team. Please reach out anytime with any feedback you have, it is customers like you that help us grow our software to be the best!

Everything I need and Quick Support

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Deborah M.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We need to have an online booking system for a variety of services and the program accommodates those needs. I have tried a few other programs prior to Xola but have not had the need to look elsewhere since using them.

Vorteile: Ease of use.
Setting up the new listings is fairly easy, even if there is a lot of details to fill in each time. Customer service is top notch and usually always available on chat!

Nachteile: No option for more POS style bookings.
We have a lot of walk in customers who combine different activities but when making a booking for those though Xola at the counter, we have to creatively enter the activities. We have an arcade setting with Escape Rooms. Our arcade are is Virtual Reality with booth space rentals with various time slots. It is too difficult to create a time slot for each time and booth.

von Xola an 5.9.2019

Thanks for the review and feedback! I would love to get more information on your feedback and see what we can do to help you and your business. I will be reaching out soon to get connected. - Jessica

Great service until they changed

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Great booking software with wonderful tools like invoicing, analytics, and customization. Customer service is also wonderful and prompt.

Nachteile: It was about 4x the cost as my previous software but totally worth the cost until they changed their plan to get 6% of my customers money with their fees. I now pay “nothing” per month but my clients have to pay and I have to now switch companies since I don’t want to pass fees onto them.

von Xola an 20.6.2019

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback on our product and support, despite being unhappy about our recent pricing model changes.

A couple clarifications. We wanted to offer various options to our customers through this change, including extending subscription for a year so no one would have to rush to make a decision on any changes to their operations.

To clarify, we assess a 6% guest fee to your guests for online bookings only; we do not assess fees on back office on the standard configuration. We do offer you the option to absorb all or a portion of the fees if you like and would be happy to talk about options that have worked for many other customers as a middle ground. Please reach out to our support team and we'll go over some options!

The Flex plan includes all of our features, including many you did not have access to previously. If you'd like additional training on these please reach out!

Xola helped bring our business into the 21st century!

Bewertet am 28.4.2015
Jack A.
Director Sales and Marketing

Kommentare: Whitewater Adventures has been running the Upper Cache Creek in California for over 30 years. Until recently we didn't do online booking, and as a consequence the poor office staff had to hand type detailed booking notes and run credit card payments nonstop during the rafting season. Upon joining the team I immediately began searching for a cloud based solution to Whitewater Adventures online booking needs. While poking around on other outfitter's websites and on Google I kept seeing the same name come up at the top of every "best booking system" list. That name was Xola. After scheduling a demo time I was contacted by Delamon, one of Xola's biz/dev representatives. Delamon proceeded to walk me through an hour and fifteen minute in-depth demo of many of Xola's features, including how to set up a trip listing, how to collect and track customer information, how to utilize Xola's powerful marketing and customer outreach features, how to integrate Xola with our website, and much, much more. In these times of outsourced and call center driven sales and customer service Delamon stood out with his positive attitude, clear communicative style, product knowledge and professionalism. As for the booking system itself, well, all I can say is that the reviews weren't exaggerating . The Xola online booking and marketing system is, simply put, a pleasure to use. It is unbelievably robust and well thought out. The booking process is incredibly simple and straightforward. Just the other day I was training one of the office staff on how to use it and I was able to take her from never having seen the program to being totally able to set up her own bookings and create trip listings and add-ons in less than 30 minutes! Creating trip and product offerings through Xola is a breeze and there are multiple options for up-selling through their brilliant add-on feature. Things like trip times, dates, deposits, accepted payment types, built in credit card processors, customer questionnaires, automatic dropped checkout emails and conformation emails, driving directions, lists of what to bring, and much, much more are easily entered and even more easily customized for every listing that you want to create. I really can't recommend this service enough. The care and effort that the Xola team has put into their product and into supporting their customers through the onboarding process has been deeply appreciated by everyone at Whitewater Adventures.

von Xola an 4.11.2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad to see you are enjoying Xola!

Efficient, Effective, Perfect!

Bewertet am 24.3.2014
Mike L.
COO

Kommentare: Our adventures in trying to find the perfect online booking tool went from designing our own custom platform to using tools that were so big and had so many features they were cumbersome for our staff and nearly impossible for our customers. Needless to say, sales were down, customer satisfaction was low and our staff morale even lower. Then came Xola - an elegant and simple solution to our problems. With features the 'bigger and better' systems are trying to upsell you on, Xola has them all built in, it literally runs itself. Translation: less time working the system and more time with the system working for you. Pros: For our customers, a quick way to check out. No more getting shuttled to multiples screens or worse to a completely different URL! Confirmation emails getting to clients within minutes that contain all of the information they need to know to enjoy their outing. For our staff, a simple back office view with few buttons that make booking reservations quick, checking in guests fast and booking walk-ups a pleasurable experience. The analytics component provides all of the information we need to determine how our business is doing, providing the metrics that matter the most in a manner that's both comprehensible and effective to make quick decisions about pricing and performance. Last but certainly not least is the Xola method of distribution. We can provide check out points throughout our website and through partner websites. We can easily create discount codes and special coupons and feel comfortable that redemption will be easy for our customers. There are so many great features built into the Xola platform, we have saved time and money and with the level of customer support, downtime is a thing of the past, answers are quick and solutions are always an phone call away. Now: Sales are up almost twice what they were at this time last year, online conversion are up nearly 12%, customers are happy and we are getting outstanding reviews on sites like Trip Advisor, thanks to Xola's automated post experience emails. Seeing the entire range on online booking options that are on the market (and some that are not), this is by far the most intelligent system out there and it keeps getting better. Cons: N/A Xola knows who they are and knows who they are not, makes them the perfect solution for small to medium business who want to grow.

von Xola an 7.10.2018

Thank you for the feedback! We are happy to see you are enjoying Xola! You are right we know who we are and we know we love our customers like you!