Über Gusto

Gusto erleichtert kleinen Unternehmen die Gehaltsabrechnung, die Erbringung von Sozialleistungen und das Personalwesen auf erfrischende Weise.

Erfahre mehr über Gusto

It is super helpful especially for start ups when there might not be a designated HR person and the support staff is very helpful.

Hard to set up, produces the wrong information, is hard to correct, little to no customer support.

Bewertungen zu Gusto

Gusto hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 3.479 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Gusto bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (3.479)

Kalen rainbow K.
Kalen rainbow K.
Managing director in USA
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Gusto - a breeze for small biz

5 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: My experience managing Gusto is from the POV of a company with seasonal employees, but I also worked at two other companies that used it.
That's the thing: there's great carryover if someone already worked for a company that used Gusto, as administrators can access any stored documents easily (and the employees don't have to worry about uploading a new form every time).
It makes tracking tax forms a lot easier, knowing that they're always going to be in the same place.
Running payroll is mostly intuitive as well, though there's a bit of a learning curve involved to make sure all the automations are as needed.

Gusto makes it easy to interface with all your employees, making direct deposits and tax forms a breeze.

Honestly, I can't find any downsides that outweigh the benefits of Gusto for our small business. If anything, it challenges me (as a manager with not a lot of administrative experience, as we don't have a separate department to take care of it) to learn the ins & outs. This can be a learning curve when it comes to, say, automations and admin permissions, but a gentler one than I would expect.

Monica R.
HR Administrator in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

HR's perspective

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: The Gusto team is super helpful and knowledgeable about their product and services. It was a great experience.

Quick and easy to set up. Everything you need to run your HR and payroll department

It's a great tool and resources for small businesses

Eugene W.
OWNER in USA

Customer Support Non-Existent if you have a Tax issue

1 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: You have to monitor everything that is processed from them. My mistake. Do not rely on their quality. You have to keep tabs on everything.

Online, payrol. my accountant had access

Have a tax issue where Gusto failed to file 940 and was a year late on a 941. I didnt check this (foolish me, though I was paying a service for this). I have a tax liability now. The main issue is that if you call customer service, there is NO ONE beyond the front line service. NO ONE from the tax department will call you, speak with you, or give you an update. You will get a canned email "we are working on your issue". Its clear at this point, that they have canned my issue and are hoping I resolve on my own. I was told twice by the front line girl, that I should call IRS and ask for extension. My attorney said NO...gusto trying to get off the hook and state that you took over this issue from them. Ready to break down at this point. Small business that cannot afford to spend (35:26 on hold right now) every day calling them with them stating "Someone from Tax will call you back before the end of the day" Hot Take...the phone number of the tax preparer is on every 941...starting to call them bitching about this. I dont know whether I owe the tax, it was a reporting issue, payroll processing issue, no idea. CANT GET ANYONE TO GIVE ME ANTHING. FRUSTRATED...VERY VERY VERY FRUSTRATED. I would not recommend this service.

President in USA
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great for payroll

Kommentare: It's great for payroll. We don't pay for the leave management or other items because it is too expensive, but the payroll features are great.

Gusto is great for it's payroll and benefits platform. They do exactly as they say they are going to do and take care of all tax liabilities on time, with no concern of being wrong or late.

Their customer service is terrible. You typically get a representative that tells you the same thing that is in their knowledge base and then can't escalate you to talk to someone actually knowledgeable but can request a call back. The call backs don't happen and you receive an email, which typically doesn't answer your question because the initial representative didn't pass along the information correctly.

Dominic C.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Gusto Review

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall pleased with the software and it's been helpful to streamline our payroll.

The product was relatively easy to set up and to use. The customer service is helpful to talk through any issues we were having. Pretty straightforward overall.

The one issue we have with it is that it takes a couple days for direct deposit Training videos would be helpful. Can't pay an hourly rate and also commission

Ashley M.
Founder in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Super simple payroll - always accurate!

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

The ease of use and the accuray. They also submit all the tax forms for me which save me a ton of time!

nothing really, it was easy to get started. Support is always super helpful and incredibly fast!

Yunuen G.
Director de TI in Mexiko
Telekommunikation, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Gustó te ayuda en todo

5 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Mi experiencia en general es grata creo que con cualquier plataforma aún tiene detalles a mejorar pero fuera de eso a Sido de gran ayuda para mi equipo de trabajo

Lo principal es que es una plataforma sencilla de utilizar,puede obtener funciones modernas en el ámbito de recursos humanos,poder pagar la nómina de manera rápida y eficaz.

Me es un poco desagradable que siempre me lleguen Gmail recordándome cada cosa que hago en esta plataforma me parece innecesario y estresante ya que me saturan de mensajes.

Dave T.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I used to try and do payroll myself

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Saves hours and hours.

Once the dashboard was set up with my information processing payroll is a matter of selecting and employee and entering their timecard. Click done

Sometimes I get emails about payroll from government tax entities and I have know idea what they are about.

Lissette M.
Practice Manager in USA
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Gusto is great

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Payroll management

Great interphase, great user experience, user-friendly, and just beautiful to look at.

Features are fine for what I use. In the future, if my team expands and I need to use more features I will put a review.

Edie M.
Creative Assistant in USA
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Gusto Review

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

What we liked most about Gusto is the ease of use. It was very easy to understand.

We could not find anything that we disliked about this software.

David M.
Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Payroll Software for a Great Price

Kommentare: Overall, Gusto is great tool for achieving many of the Human Resource and Payroll functions for companies of all sizes. Gusto's ability to operate immediately as well as its ease of use make it perfect. The reminder functions in Gusto are phenomenal, well thought out and appropriately timed. The system runs well, without any issues. In fact, I don't really recall ever having an issue running payroll because Gusto was down. The product is well worth the money and has a great price point, considering all of the available functions. I would highly recommend Gusto.

Gusto allows you to run payroll, effectively, upon sign-up. The system has numerous features that help to ensure that you are reminded when payroll is supposed to be run (as an administrator its something that is frequently forgotten when extremely busy), automatically tabulates and prepares tax documents for employees and contractors and even assisted with the preparation of forms for SBA Loans during the COVID-19 pandemic. The software is straightforward and is fairly self explanatory. Gusto is also a great onboarding tool that allows you to collect a significant portion of information needed to effectively onboard an employee and comply with state and federal requirements (E-verify, etc.) Overall, the software is excellent for its price point and well worth the money.

The only con associated with Gusto is the lack of customizable report options. Obviously, this con is more of a company or need specific issue. We found that utilizing Gusto for certain reporting needs for data generation was cumbersome or not really possible. However, I must also say that there have only been two instances over the last 1-2 years that we have encountered this problem and were able to successfully obtain this information from other resources.

Milan M.
CPA, Financial Advisor in USA

Vimlan Tax Services LLC

Kommentare: Overall, 7 out of 10, could be better. It's better than most, but it needs to be better.

-It's web based -one login for staff for access to all clients. -MFA ability for each login -ability to control which clietns assigned to which login. - like other payroll engines, it does automatic paymetns (immediately) and automatic filings - multiple reports available, quarterly/monthly/yearly, etc. - tracks PTO, SIck, and auto generates if needed, - great integration with Tsheets for time clock

There is no ONE consolidated report for all clients on a custom period. EG, if I wanted a 1st quarter payroll report, with selected clients on each row of the report, and the columns having the headings for say, different data points like "gross payroll, net pay, 401K deferred, 401K roth, IL state tax paid, 941 done?" then that style of report is ONLY available if you pull that report down client by client, NOT for all clients or selected clients as a consolidated report. Email alerts are not there for specific things, like if a client exceeds a payrol amount or if a large net reimbursement check is done. There is NO mobile app. There is NO standard custom 401K year end "Annual census" report which ties in all the data points for a 5500 filing. Gusto also competes with providers for health insurance and 401K. Financial advisors like me only want Gusto to do the payroll part, not compete with us on the benefits part.

Brenton W.
Bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best payroll service period! I'm always recommending to others!

Kommentare: From my very first client to the many I've added since, Gusto has been easy to get in touch with.

Setting up the company is a breeze. It walks you through every step to help make sure you have all the information correct. It'll even show you how to get state and local tax numbers, if needed. Setting up employees is even easier! All you need is the employees name, pay rate, and email! How crazy is that. After you enter that information, and email gets sent to the new employee to fill out all their paperwork online. Remember though to get their i-9 forms, because once they are done filling out their paperwork, you'll need to verify their i-9 docs, but it's way too easy!! Haha. Let's run payroll. Well, if it's the same each time, you can have it set up to go auto. Set it and forget it! If not, again, they make it easy. Click run payoll. Enter the times for your employees, days off, yada yada, and then submit. If you need to make a change to an employee while running payroll, just click on their name and it pulls them up for editing. Gusto submits all tax payments and reports too. Even submits child support!

One time deductions. I would love to see that feature. As for now, you have to create a deduction on the employee screen, then go back to the process payroll screen. I wish it could be added to the other more detailed pay options.

Andrew H.
Systems administrator in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best payroll company out there

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Hands down the best and most cost-effective payroll bureau I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. I will not only recommend it to clients that don't have a payroll service but I will recommend it over any other payroll service there is essentially. It's way cheaper and way easier to use. I also have seen less mistakes then pay checks or ADP as I have worked with their payroll reports quite often when doing bookkeeping

We used to do around payroll through a company called pay soft.. or ProPay maybe another name for it. The program was decent a little bit cumbersome and the check stock was extremely expensive. They did their own payroll as a bureau. As a result of having their own proprietary software built they also sold it which was overpriced and in the long run didn't make us money. Just being a recommendation agency essentially and controlling if you ever clients payroll through gusto it's made us more money and they offer way more than ADP or paychecks ever has offered us.

There's not much I don't like about this software besides maybe the fact that it isn't really a software that you download it's an internet interface so if you're internet somehow becomes unreachable or it's down you can't really print out checks with proper taxes withheld. This is An occurrence few and far between and can always be advanced and then paid back once you can access it again. A desktop GUI that just calls in the website would be a handy tool for owners and accountants to be able to take more effort into their own hands on payroll

Rick M.
Director of photography in USA

Payroll with a personal touch

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I’ve used Gusto as a freelancer with clients that operate their business with this service. I also use it at my day job with my Agency to manage my team's time off benefits and payroll. It’s a great product that I find myself recommending to others all the time

There are many products available that handle payroll, benefits, and employee database. My favorite thing about Gusto is that it uses a very human and personal approach to what could very easily be a cold and lifeless system or department. I love the option to add contractors through he payroll system too. The gusto customer service team is top notch. Turbo Tax integration is fantastic

There’s very little to complain about with Gusto. I do wish it had a more catered option for freelancer one man band type of operations.

Jenni K.
Jenni K.
Payroll Specialist in USA
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best DIY software in the payroll market

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have been using Gusto for for a couple of years now and love it. They are consistently working on improving and seek guidance from their partners. Like with any software, there are funny little quirks that you get to know. Overall, it is a fantastic platform.

Gusto's self-onboarding and employee communication is leaps and bounds ahead of their competition, as is their clean, user-friendly interface.

Customer service has been struggling recently. There should be a way to have a salary that doesn't change when the hours are changed. The other downside is that if there is an error, you have to void the entire payroll. An option to void a single check would be a great improvement.

Carly F.
Carly F.
Office Manager in USA

Awesome Product and Support Staff

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Payroll and tax payments can be time consuming and Gusto allows for the accounting team to do more important work and still feel like everything is being taken care of on the payroll side. Their customer service teams are extremely supportive and helpful.

Auto-sync and tax payments are the best features of the product that go above other products. Gusto will file the taxes for you, will send corrections if need be, and keeps track of all of that for your ease of mind. Their customer service team is above reproach, always willing to look into a problem and resolve it as soon as possible.

This is nitpicky, but the layout of the website often changes slightly. It would be nice if there was more consistency in the format. But the tool itself is above reproach.

William P.
General Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Foundational HR Tools for the Little Guys

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Excellent! I love their customer service, I love that they keep me aware of what's going on in the world of HR/Payroll laws. I love that they helped find retirement and heath care options for my employees so that I can grow the benefits to my folks! I'm obviously a big fan of what these guys are doing.

These guys make me compliant with the evolving landscape of HR and payroll without distracting me from the core functions of my small business. They made on-boarding from my old payroll system easy. They found mistakes I'd made and helped me to correct them so even my tax history was compliant. Their customer service is excellent and I'm incredibly pleased with their Homebase integration. Super clean!

While the onboarding was much smoother than I anticipated, it was still a bit more cumbersome than described. It's definitely a hands-on process.

Karen A.
CEO in USA

Great Payroll Processing Platform for Small Businesses

Kommentare: Overall Gusto has been great for our company. We save time and money handling payroll in-house, as opposed to paying an outside service to do it for us. And we have peace of mind that Gusto is there to support us when/if we need it.

Gusto has been a great resource for us to handle our own payroll processing & HR management in-house. It is super easy to set up and manage and has a really intuitive user interface. Onboarding new employees is a snap, time-tracking is simple to manage for both employees and managers, and running payroll only takes us a few minutes twice a month. Having employees able to manage their own banking info and paycheck splits and W4s has saved our HR dept a ton of time and headaches. And we love having an online library of company forms and documents we can distribute to employees quickly and easily. Also, their customer support is amazing. We are signed up for the Conceriege level service and have a dedicated team of customer service people who are knowledgable and friendly and responsive and have helped us out with innumerable questions.

Moving from our previous payroll processor (ADP) to Gusto was easy, because we decided to do it at the beginning of a new fiscal year. The one issue we did experience was in setting up our company's Federal and State tax filing details. Gusto does not assist you with this, so we had to track down all of our company's employer account #s and UI tax rates and filing frequencies for the 3 different states where we have employees and manually enter it into Gusto. We ended up making a mistake on one state's filing frequency, which ended up costing us a bit of $$ in penalties. It would have been nice if Gusto had been able to assist us with this as part of the switch over from ADP. Also, Gusto does not offer benefits administration in our state (yet). Hopefully that will be coming soon, as it would be nice to handle payroll and benefits through one platform. And they could cut down on the number of "recommended" services from affiliated companies that pop up on the admin dashboard these days.

Alicia D.
Alicia D.
Lawyer in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I’m an employment lawyer and I consistently recommend Gusto to my clients

Kommentare: Customer support is great. This is a good company. They aren’t the cheapest. And they aren’t the most expensive. I think the extra cost is worth it to ensure compliance.

Gusto is easy and straightforward to use. But it doesn’t sacrifice accuracy for ease. What I like most about Gusto is that it makes it easy for small businesses to be legally compliant with complicated wage laws across jurisdictions. I haven’t found a legal error yet — and I can’t say that about any other payroll software or service I’ve worked with over the last 15 years.

I wish the price didn’t jump up so much for time clock feature. Getting clients to use the integrated time clock can be a challenge, and it creates unnecessary problems. It should be included in the base fee.

Delene O.
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OVER THE TOP

Kommentare: We have had Intuit (quickbooks) for years and years. And for years and years we have hated it. The customer service is horrible, and so we finally decided to try something else. We found Gusto on an internet search, did a little research and decided that this smaller company might just be what we were looking for. Entering all of the employee information and weekly payroll numbers is super simple. The screens are easy to understand, not cluttered at all. And the Pig - oh the pig - there's a cute little pig that takes a walk when you switch screens. He's a cutie!!!

We are finally done with Intuit Payroll. So difficult to actually talk to a live person when you need help. I did a little research and found that Gusto does payroll for small companies so I decided to give them a try. My thought was that it certainly can't be any worse than Intuit. And WOW - did they ever Overdeliver! The absolute best thing about Gusto is that you don't have to go through a bazillion menus on the phone trying to figure out which number to press so that your call gets routed to the right person. You actually get to talk to a live person when you call their company. Setting up all of the employees has been very easy, nothing difficult to figure out, the flow from one screen to the next is not complicated at all. So far - we love Gusto!

The only thing that I think they could improve on would be integrating your existing numbers into their system. In order to be able to print accurate W-2's at the end of the year, I have to enter my employee paystubs from January 1 through today (May) into their system. It makes sense, I know it has to be done. It is just a tedious job and I'd rather not do it. Although I must say, that the 3 times I ran into a snag while entering the information, I called them and the issue was fixed instantly. Their customer service ROCKS!

Alex B.

Gusto - Payroll Simplified For A Busy Small Business

Kommentare: Overall, Gusto is a great software. It has added some automation into our payroll and business. It gives me the peace of mind that my employees are being paid on time, and that taxes and insurance are being handled correctly. The added PTO features, and the ability to add retirement, and healthcare in the same platform is amazing as well.

We chose to move to Gusto when we looked to simplify and streamline our payroll. As a small business owner juggling payroll and all the other tasks associated with running a business, PTO management, HR management etc., was becoming a big time sink and we did some research and came across Gusto. Moving to Gusto simplified and automated many of those above tasks. It made it easier to track employee time off requests, made it dead simple and automated getting employees to fill out forms, and sign HR documents. And handling payroll, taxes, and such was so much easier after moving to Gusto. Once payroll was set up and configured, it runs on Autopilot. This allows me to know that payroll is being done every 2 weeks and that I have nothing to worry about. We hire a new employee and the employee is automatically added to the system and I know that everything is done correctly, including the workmen's comp insurance, etc. Overall, Gusto allows me to be more efficient with time and ensure everything is being taken care of.

The hardest part for us and the least liked feature in Gusto is trying to set up net-zero paychecks for me and my partner. There was no easy way to set up a paycheck to go completely to taxes. It required some calculations and messing with withholding amounts. Would be nice if there was an easier way to implement net-zero paychecks.

Knox P.
Founder & CEO in USA

Literally a worry-free payroll solution

Kommentare: Gusto saves our company lots of time! I spend literally an hour on HR/payroll each week, because Gusto does so much of the heavy lifting. For the price, I totally believe I am getting great ROI. It also integrates well with our accounting software.

Gusto makes managing employee relations, payroll, and benefits so simple. You truly get a lot of bang for your buck. We're able to manage payroll processing; time/attendance; benefits; onboarding; and salary offers all in place. Their web-based technology has great up-time and is very easy to use. I also like the fact that Gusto does all of your federal and state payroll document filings and return (quarterly and annual). Every form needed to remain in compliance with the feds and state are filed by Gusto on your behalf. That takes the headache away and allows my company to focus on matters that are more critical at this time.

There is not much I can say here other than their support isn't necessarily a phone call away. That said, they answer emails and tickets super quick. I haven't been much in a pinch to need an immediate response to issues, and their self-service support center is rather extensive.

Sandy G.
Manager in USA

User Friendly

Kommentare: Very good. We always recommend Gusto as one of the top payroll companies to use for our clients that are starting payroll for the first time.

I use Gusto for my clients as well as for our own company. I find it very user friendly, especially for my tech-phobic clients. I also like their tech support. They are easy to reach by phone, chat or email and the technicians are very patient.

The import mapping. This is the only reason I wouldn't give 5 stars. When the payroll is simple, the mapping is fine but for more complicated payrolls, the mapping is a nightmare. Also, that it imports to Xero as a bill. Clients find it really difficult to grasp how to work with this. In their mind payroll has already been "paid" so when they see it show up as an unpaid bill, they get confused or worried that their employees didn't get paid.

Jessi F.
Director of Marketing and Operations in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Gusto is my favorite payroll software ever!!

Kommentare: Great customer service, great value, great UI, I've referred to to so many people already.

It's like someone was listening to me complain about Quickbooks payroll and ADP (and Tsheets) and made a software just for me. It's so simple - I was using an accountant to run payroll through ADP - Gusto saves so much time I can do it myself.

The reporting tools aren't super robust.