Low Cost, same issues as full-service

Bewertet am 24.12.2018
Bryan H.
Vice President, Finance
Vorstandsbüro, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This system wins on cost and that is about it. It is a very low priced alternative to the full-service shops, which are extremely overpriced for what has become a very automated technology focused service. It comes relatively highly recommended simply because of this.

Vorteile: This is a very low-cost solution for self-service payroll. It allows you to pay your Employees and Contractors and handles virtually all of the taxes and processing of payments to the taxing authorities. The interface is extremely intuitive. Employees are emailed all end of year documents automatically. The company also offers access to two-day payroll processing.

Nachteile: The customer services has gone downhill. The firm is trying to be a higher margin HR platform and benefits provider. Additionally, it has begun to focus more on marketing (commercials) than on the system itself. There was a turning point when the firm produced a commercial with a popular actress and the hold times went up exponentially and the "chat available" times decreased. There was a Intuit integration issue that seems to have finally been solved. Additionally, the firm has the same problem with missed payments and 941 misfilings that other full-service platforms have, however the customer service is lacking and resolutions take forever. The platform also can not handle an employee working in two states (more common in the North East). The cost for paying contractors is too high which limits the usefulness of the system overall - forcing a company to keep Employee Payroll, Contractor Payments, and expense reimbursements on separate systems.

We've Been With Them Since Their Beginning

Bewertet am 14.8.2018
Pamela D.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would highly recommend them. Their site is so easy to use compared to other payroll companies (especially ADP). The people are nice and the price is great for all the things you get. They're more than just a payroll company.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Clear, concise interface. Pricing is reasonable. They make it really easy to open a 401k account for your team even if you're a super small company. Support has usually answered within 24-48 hours. Phone support is available. Integrates relatively easily with accounting software by mapping accounts and exporting as special files.

Nachteile: Really, only three minor complaints: I miss their old name, ZenPayroll. Gusto just doesn't explain them like ZenPayroll did. Payroll truly is easy with them. Gusto is literally defined as "the enjoyment or vigor in doing something; zest"—the direct opposite of Zen. That's a total reversal that doesn't make sense. Also, deposits into employee accounts show up as Gusto rather than our company. Finally, accounting integration is dependent on downloading files and then importing. I would really like to see direct integration with the major accounting platforms like Quickbooks and Xero. I know, I'm nitpicking in both cases, but I had to think of something...

I LOVE Gusto! Gusto is pleasant to use and takes care of soo many things I don't want to worry about

Bewertet am 2.7.2018
Brad H.
Co-Founder/Chief Janitor
Restaurants

Kommentare: 1- Saves the headache of having no idea where to start with many accounting and HR functions of your business: No business owner actually enjoys worrying about all of those things. Gusto takes many of the functions that are most confusing/frustrating as a business owner and does them for you so you feel confidence that you aren't missing anything and it's done right.
2- Saves time: It automates many of the functions that shouldn't ever be done manually. And because of that I don't have to do as much or I don't have to pay as much for routine services that don't add value to my business.
3- Saves money: As a startup, you feel like you need to figure out a lot of things a normal business would normally just pay for because you can't afford it. Gusto is affordable enough that it's doable for a young company all while doing enough work that it's easy to justify the cost, which many services fail to do.

Vorteile: It's SIMPLE!!! One of few products/software I unequivocally love! Most every business owner hates doing tedious accounting, payroll and HR work that takes away valuable time from their being able to work on what's most important, their business. Gusto takes care of Federal tax payments, calculations, payroll setup, and a number of other things that are a black hole to me and makes it all feel manageable. If I want to add a new employee, I just click to set up a new employee and Gusto walks you and the employee step by step through everything that needs to be done. And for far cheaper than paying an accounting firm!
I also love their playfulness and marketing. They make using their service truly a pleasure to use at every touchpoint.

Nachteile: I can't say this about many software that I use, but I have loved absolutely everything about Gusto. I can't say enough about it. Maybe my only complaint is that they don't take care of legal and other stuff I really dislike doing.

Want to hug Gusto

Bewertet am 28.7.2016
Miriam M.
Buchhaltung

Vorteile: I am a bookkeeper, but I hate payroll. Hate it! It's confusing, and there are a lot of regulations, and a lot of paperwork. Gusto's online system makes it more clear than any other system I've seen, and in fact, sometimes I use it to clean up messes that other payroll services have made. I haven't seen any errors yet for my clients, and when I call about something, I've always gotten a good and useful answer. Also handy to include contractor payments for small consulting firms. Employees and contractors like the online access to pay stubs and so on.

Nachteile: Some things are a little inflexible, due to it being a piece of software rather than a service. So, for example, you can't tell it to add $100 to someone's paycheck once a month for a transportation allowance. Rather, you have to do $50 each paycheck. This works fine if you do payroll monthly or bi-monthly, but if you're on a 2-week system, you end up adding it manually each time. Anyway, just a few issues like that. I think their contractor system is limited and a bit expensive - I would love to add a way to be clearer about invoice numbers and other memo/description issues.

Super Payroll Solution for Small Businesses

Bewertet am 8.9.2018
Karla G.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is my go-to solution for any client whose payroll we are involved with. We use it ourselves and highly recommend to small businesses. If you go through your accountant there is a discount on the subscription price. The subscription can be paid by the client or the accountant.

Vorteile: This is a cloud based solution with a subscription price that is less than the big payroll companies. I like that you can have employees "onboard" themselves by filling in their personal information and bank information for direct deposit. This increases accuracy and preserves the employee security. I also like that the business HAS to have the payroll tax payments withdrawn with the payroll submission thus enforcing compliance. Gusto does all the Payroll Tax Return fillings, you can log in and get them. There is no need to print or deliver paychecks, which saves money and time - employees can get their stubs and W-2 by download. It integrates with your accounting software for automated recording, another time saver that increases accuracy. Support is excellent, and they deal with any notices resulting from transactions on their watch. If payroll is the same each time you can set to autopay!

Nachteile: Some of my clients would like Gusto to submit garnishments or retirement payments, but that is not something they do.

Gusto? They didn't need my business any longer.

Bewertet am 2.7.2019
Sheila J.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Had a good experience until we had to suspend payroll due to a lull in business (you keep getting billed whether you run payroll or not). The stipulation is you have to reactivate within the quarter if you want to continue using Gusto. Well, the end of the quarter fell on a Sunday and trying to reactivate first thing Monday morning did not work. You cannot reactivate your account for another year. Makes absolutely no sense that a few hours made that much of a difference. The were willing to lose a customer and let me walk away instead of reactivating the account.

Vorteile: Easy to use and navigate. Customer service is friendly and helpful. Reports are clear and concise.

Nachteile: Wait time for customer service is lengthy and usually requires a call back which they prompt for automatically or disconnect if the wait time is over 10 minutes. Monthly invoices are hard to find if you don't use the link provided in your email notification.

Awesome payroll support for small businesses.

Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Neha T.
Tax Consultant
Unternehmensberatung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Gusto is a perfect and easy to use payroll portal both for employer & employees. It has a self on boarding system, for employers to send new hires their offer letter and paper work through its portal. Employees can easily update their address, direct deposit info, withholding all in one place. Previous month’s pay stubs can also be accessed easily. Employees can easily load W2 directly into turbo tax through its website. One can also keep track on the taxes paid. Gusto also offers detailed description and helpful tips of required information to be inputted. Its editing process is also very simple & straightforward when any changes need to be made to employee info or business features.

Nachteile: Gusto seems overwhelmed and unprepared for the renewal period. Also there is no invoice function, so contractors cannot submit an invoice and have their managers approve it. A separate system for contractors for invoicing needs to be maintained. Also Direct Deposit should be little faster. Customer service is also not that good.

Gusto changed my world!!

Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Professional Cleaner
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Gusto saves me so much time and worry. I know that our benefits are managed correctly and that we are always in compliance. I also know that everything on the payroll side is taken care of and if there is an issue or mistake the super amazing customer support team is ready to help!

Vorteile: We love using Gusto for not only our payroll but they also manage all of our benefits. Gusto managing our benefits has been such a life saver! I don't have to think about being in compliance anymore I know that they are keeping everything up to date. I get reminders when it's time to run payroll, when new employees need to sign up for benefits and when we need to renew our benefits.

Nachteile: Gusto has wonderful customer support the only downside for me is that when you call in you are always talking to a new person, sometimes that can make it a little challenging to efficiently get the answer or help I'm looking for, but they will help until the job is done!

Head of Business Improvmenent and HR

Bewertet am 30.6.2015
Nicole B.
HR Director
Computer-Software
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: Support. They see every issue through as if you're the most important or the only client. They're thorough and they tolerate you if you're on a learning curve (we're an Australian business setting up our US operations and health etc benefits is a new and unnatural thing for a business to grapple with). The software is flawless and usability is perfect. We run our payroll in a few clicks, and that's because we don't choose autopilot. Used to run benefits thru Zenefits who made a lot of errors, and zenpayroll stepped in without hesitation or complaint and ran every correction. It's complete, not half cooked. It's how software and support should be done.

Nachteile: We are a global business, and things are done differently in other countries for payroll. For instance, we don't need to go thru the pain and inefficiently of supporting benefits in other countries. Plus there is different legislation and tax setups etc. I wish zenpayroll was configured to support payroll in other countries so companies like ours growing elsewhere could benefit from One-payroll without considering the bigger and clunkier vendors. If you're growing, most likely you're growing globally or planning to. Otherwise it's perfect.

Finally! A quick and easy resource for paychecks.

Bewertet am 28.12.2018
Liz B.
Creative Department Manager

Vorteile: It is so hard to find a simple platform with a clean interface when it comes Payroll but Gusto has achieved that. I have used several different programs and Gusto is by far my favorite because of the ease of use. I also love the email they send on payday that says "Hooray! You got paid today." Gusto seems to know what the typical employee wants when they log into their payroll application - as soon as you sign in there is a big blue button that says "See your last paystub", super helpful and saves time! You can also easily access your PTO time, year to date statistics on your wages, taxes, net salary, hours worked, and other helpful statistics. On just a small fun note, their graphics on their website are adorable.

Nachteile: Honestly I do not have anything that I dislike about this software. It is incredibly simple and reliable.

Excellent payroll service for small businesses

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Lisa H.
PC/Network technician and business owner

Kommentare: I have used three other payroll services, and Gusto is much better than any of them for my business. I spend a few minutes each pay period and my employees get paid. I spend a little more time to add an employee, change a rate of pay, or remove an employee who quits, but all of those processes take a minimal amount of effort to provide me with a lot of peace of mind.

Vorteile: It is so easy to set up and use! On the regulatory and government side, it takes care of all filings and payments for federal and state taxes and unemployment, and it sends email reminders when I need to do something. The user interface, online help, and email help are all friendly, lighthearted, and unintimidating, but accurate and efficient, too. I have used this software for over three years, and I've never had any problem that wasn't solved quickly.

Nachteile: The reports are a little hard to navigate and they don't offer enough options; however, they can be exported as CSV files, so they can be customized further in a spreadsheet application like Excel. I'm having some difficulty with an employee advance that is still trying to be deducted, even though it was paid back last year, but I'm sure support can help me as soon as I get around to asking. Otherwise, great software.

Gusto makes payroll stupid easy

Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Daniel shatzkes ceo E.
Founder/CEO
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Gusto makes payroll incredibly easy, makes integrating with Quickbooks simple, and makes the entire payroll process very transparent. I can add bonuses or commissions to any employee for any payroll period and I get an easy breakdown of where all the money that is drawn out of my business account is going. Any time I've needed help or support Gusto has been fantastic either on the phone, via email or with Live Chat. I don't know how other payroll companies do things but I know that I love Gusto.

Vorteile: Taking care of payroll each month takes literally just seconds. My company is small, so maybe a larger company with a lot more employees might take a little longer. But probably no more than a couple of minutes. Plus, I love how Gusto gives an entire breakdown of what is being paid and to who so you can see exactly how much the employee gets and how much does to his/her taxes, and also how much in payroll taxes the company is paying.

Nachteile: The monthly price is the same regardless of whether or not you use a lot of the extra benefits and offerings. For example, Gusto offers a way to offer employees 401k benefits or health benefits. It would be nice if there were a slightly less expensive option for micro-businesses that don't necessarily make use of all those benefits.

I think this is one of the best software programs if you have to do payroll and filing

Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Cary C.
sales

Kommentare: Awesome software for keeping your payroll on point and it also allows employees, contractors etc etc to look at all their past payroll history any time they want. You can handle all kinds of situations with this software including notifications with money deposits, or if you need to turn in a time off notice you could do it through this software,

Vorteile: First of all I believe Gusto is more user friendly than any type of Quickbooks related software program. This program will literally keep your payroll organized and on point It actually gives me the exact amount of payroll that I owe every other week which helps me stay on track and eases up some of my frustrations crunching numbers and physically doing it myself. It literally does everything for you once you have the specific information entered, especially filing and organizing your payroll

Nachteile: It is priced a little bit more than similar programs but that is ok because I know for a fact with everything you ever buy that you will always get what you pay for. You want to be cheap, you get cheap software that you have to replace or winds up being junk, you want to spend a little extra your not paying out the butt later on new software.

Give it some Gusto

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Robert D.
Vice President of MSP relations

Kommentare: Gusto is a wonderful product. the integrations with services and the ability to customize your W4 digitally when things change is great.
The system is smooth with no hiccups.
The benefits section is great. having the ability to see contributions at a glance helps.
the only lacking feature is Calendar Synchronization to know when people are off and on.

Vorteile: Great Time Clock feature. Way better than our old choice.
the system is pretty, fluid, and we dig the fun facts they include in the submenus.
I did not know i could buy that many bananas.(only users will get it.)

Nachteile: I don't have any dislikes for gusto. It works great. the only issue is it does not give wider access to see multi location sites employee schedules.

Finally a payroll system that anyone can use and understand!

Bewertet am 21.2.2019
Self-Employed / Stubborn Dog Marketing

Kommentare: Payroll is no longer such a confusing and tedious process. I feel like I am back in control of my company finances with Gusto.

Vorteile: I absolutely love their support team. I have encountered many questions and potential problems on my end over the years, and their support has been super quick to reply to any of my concerns. They will go out of their way to help you navigate your payroll issues. Gusto is very easy to use and it gives me a safe and secure way to promptly fill out required forms and meet tax deadlines. I feel like my payroll process is essentially on auto-pilot now, so I'm saving time and money. The checklist approach to setting up accounts makes things very easy right from the start and the dashboard lets you know what actions are needed.

Nachteile: I wish I would have discovered Gusto sooner.

Gusto is the Hero Payroll System We All Need

Bewertet am 5.6.2019
Operations Manager
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Gusto is so easy to use and so user-friendly! We had a previous payroll system before Gusto and every payroll cycle we had to wrestle with the system to make sure pay was out on time. Gusto is so much better! It sends updates and alerts directly to your email - our old system forced you to log in to see an alert so unless you logged in every day, you would never know if something was off!

Nachteile: The only complaint we have about Gusto is that the price is very competitive until you start adding more features. Even the base package of Gusto has quite a few features which work great for us but I can see how if you want a more complex, intricate system, the price could go up pretty quickly.

Great product for payroll

Bewertet am 23.12.2018
Raghu Y.
Marketing and developer

Kommentare: Gusto Zen payroll does everything for my business, this software is face is getting access to high-quality, yet affordable, software, particularly in HR for our business, it as given a huge demand for my business, it can be used in health sector also, thanks for such a wonderful product, gusto gives a lot more packages for your needs, it's an ideal management online payroll gives our business to gain profits...

Vorteile: Gusto provides a cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution for businesses ,Gusto helps in handling payments to employees and contractors and saves time, it can manage electronically as of paper work to the client needs, Gusto benefits administration and compliance management platform. Designed to serve mainly small businesses across world , gusto mainly works for payroll system and human resource for your business i strongly recommend this software it's number one product for your businesses

Nachteile: Gusto lacks one con, everything is good but it doesn't provide mobile app to easily access thorough it for Android or ios, website is good and easliy maintained, try to improve this, over all no issues...

Gusto is a miracle tool for payroll!!!!

Bewertet am 10.10.2017
Beth M.
Owner/ Founder
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has made payroll and hiring such a breeze! I used to dread new hire processing- but with Gusto the new hire do all of the work! And the interface makes it totally easy for them. =)

Vorteile: I am obsessed with this product and the support staff that comes with it! I have tried Intuit and ADP before finding Gusto. Gusto was a total game changer for me. The software is easy to use and really makes payroll a breeze for those of us who have businesses to run! You can upload a CSV file with that week's hours and any other payments and BOOM- payroll is done. I also like that they give me the exact amount I owe each week for that payroll- no monthly or quarterly surprises to budget for. And I have opted to roll in my workers comp payments as well. SO EASY. They also offer AMAZING onboarding options that mean every time I hire, I only enter a new employee's email address and they do the rest. I then verify that things look ok against their ID, e-sign the i9 and it's back to business for me. Everything looks modern, fresh and fun- and that makes my company look polished and put together! I literally do not know how we managed while using the other companies. We love Gusto!!!!

Nachteile: It might be a tiny bit more expensive than some of the other guys, but those dollars are completely worth the time saving and error avoiding features included in Gusto. And their customer service far exceeds the other companies as well.

Makes payroll easy for a newbie

Bewertet am 15.11.2018
Amy T.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As a small business owner, I just hired my first couple employees last year. I was completely new to the whole thing, and was a bit intimidated by all the requirements of doing payroll. After looking into a few payroll software options, I went with Gusto and am glad I did. It walked me through everything, in a very user-friendly way. It has helpful articles about the various requirements of payroll taxes, steps for hiring employees, forms to fill out, etc. The setup took a bit of time, but was a pretty reasonable process. Now that it's all set up, I don't have to spend hardly any time at all on payroll. I spend maybe 10-15 minutes every two weeks on payroll, and then don't have to think about it. Gusto handles all the payroll taxes (filing, paying, etc), and employee direct deposits. It honestly couldn't be easier.

Nachteile: I had a little bit of a problem getting my state taxes account set up. For some reason, it was giving me error messages about account numbers and things. Customer service was able to help me through it, and figure out what the issue was on their end. That was the only part of the process that wasn't totally painless. The only thing I wish this software had is a timecard functionality.

Cheapest, fastest, best service

Bewertet am 27.7.2016
Robert D.
Accountant

Vorteile: Their pricing is not only competitive, but scales linearly with the size of your organization - beating many other services handily price-wise for smaller companies, especially if you run bi-weekly or weekly payrolls. The ability to pay Gusto by month rather than by the payroll gives me flexibility in paying our employees more frequently without added cost. To top it all off, their customer service reflects their aim of taking on their relatively enormous competitors - they have an incredible support team.

Nachteile: They don't show net pay until after you hit submit. It makes grossing up bonuses a pain, but that's ultimately not a big deal. Plus, for how few times I've had to do it, it remains a possibility that they've got this functionality now and I'm just not aware of it. The area for viewing prior payrolls also bothers me, as I'd prefer something less flashy and more strictly functional (don't gate viewing prior payrolls by making me click to scroll the list down, Gusto, it's aesthetically pleasing but functionally it's an unnecessary hassle).

Gusto makes tracking my pay a breeze!

Bewertet am 30.1.2019
Ethan K.
Customer Support Specialist + Account Manager

Kommentare: I wish my previous employers had used Gusto so I could have been introduced to it sooner. I will definitely be a little upset if I ever change jobs and my new employer doesn't use Gusto. It's just so handy and does EXACTLY what I need it to do.

Vorteile: There's so much I like about Gusto. Being able to track my paychecks digitally has helped me budget properly for the first time in my life. It was easy to set up direct deposit, and even get my paycheck split into different accounts. We also just recently switched to Gusto's time tracker for clocking in and out. Taxes are ramping up, and Gusto allows me to view my W2's online and even integrates directly with TurboTax to import my info quickly and easily. I filed my taxes in 15 minutes thanks to Gusto.

Nachteile: It would be nice if Gusto had a dedicated app for mobile phones to use the time tracker for clocking in and out, as right now you can only use the website.

An HR-solution revelation for employees

Bewertet am 16.9.2018
Digital Marketing Consultant for SaaS Startups
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I wish the HR solutions at my previous companies had been as helpful as Gusto has been. So many other providers create such needless headaches when looking for the most basic employment (pay, benefits, insurance, 401k, etc.) information. Gusto's been a revelation.

Vorteile: As an employee, it's been such a revelation using Gusto. It's so easy to get so many HR-related things done (check pay stubs, change tax exemption status, see benefits, etc.) in a friendly, well-designed solution that it's mind-boggling that some of the older, entrenched HR solutions have been getting away with such a painful UX for so long. It's one of those companies where they really seem to lean into their brand promise in every little interaction... even when I emailed them to ask a question about COBRA coverage, they responded sooner than expected with a friendly, personalized, helpful response. It felt like I was talking to someone who represented the company and genuinely cared about my experience with them. (Unlike, say, an outsourced call center person.)

Nachteile: I don't know what Gusto costs relative to the competition, so I don't know what the ROI will be for you, but frankly I haven't run into any frustrations with Gusto, yet. It's been nothing but pleasant surprises.

There's a reason why they call it ZenPayroll!

Bewertet am 2.5.2015
Alex L.
Marketing & Werbung
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: After trying out the Big Guys is payroll I was lucky enough to stumble upon Zen. Sign up was easy and implementing it into our business was a breeze. Everything can be done online so it saved a number of hours getting important data into the system. They also have an amazing contractor portal where independent professionals, temp staff and other workers can see their whole payroll history. My favorite part about ZenPayroll (other than the incredibly great support) is that they handle all of the filing for you. Working with the EDD can be a paperwork nightmare and ZenPayroll takes all the pain out of it. I love getting our quarterly filing notices that say "No action is required from you at this time." It's like having a dedicated person to handle all of that boring, yet necessary and legal paperwork of hiring, taxes and payments, who always knows what to do and when. I truly believe no one does payroll for small business better than ZenPayroll.

Vorteile: Quick. Easy. Efficient. Completely cloud based. All the filing and heavy lifting done for you. Great user interface and paying employees and contractors is super easy. I also really like the price. You get everything for one flat rate, and you only pay for the employees that you have and the contractors you pay for that month.

Nachteile: I can't say that I have "cons" with ZenPayroll, but a neat feature would be to add custom check printing. Currently if you have quickbooks they have it setup, but it would be neat if you could order checks from ZenPayroll to run through your company printer that were formatted just the way you needed them. We have our own template that works now, but if they had their own checks that would be better. I would also add multiple pay rates for employees (like regular rate vs training rate) but I believe this might be somewhere on their roadmap.

Gusto staff can't keep up with demand

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Claire P.
Technical Recruiter
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think Gusto has great ideas and will eventually get there. There needs to be a better system in place for pushing data to insurance carriers. Gusto needs better communication around what is happening and what the timeline will be for fixes. That takes more staff and a better trained staff.

Vorteile: It's nice to have a benefits dashboard and payroll system in one. Gusto makes the new hire paperwork process so simple and reminds me of birthdays and anniversaries.

Nachteile: Our benefit renewal was an absolute nightmare. There were tons of mistakes made by the Gusto team. It's obvious that information needed by carriers is being manually typed by someone at Gusto. Employees names were spelled incorrectly on insurance cards, addresses were wrong, the contribution table (company vs employee contributions) were completely off. We had to restart open enrollment twice for a company of 35 people. As the head of HR, I was embarrassed.

Perfect for start ups

Bewertet am 17.2.2019
Nichole P.
Founder + CEO
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it’s a valuable option for businesses just starting out that want the features a corporation would have, but at a great price and with fee limitations.

Vorteile: I love that this payroll software is easy to use, and decently priced for the average startup. It has HR management, payroll and benefits all dolled into one. The interface is well designed and it’s enjoyabke for an administrator and for employees to use. One of my favorite, small things about gusto is that each payday you get an email that says “woohoo you got paid” and a paystub is in your inbox waiting for you. As a business owner, you can automate payroll which is a necessity because you have a lot on your plate already running an entire business. Gusto has your typical year end forms and connects/integrates with other HR platforms that focus on non-payroll activities so it’s a win win.

Nachteile: Gustos benefits are only available in certain states, so if you’re lucky you can use this feature, and they are rolling out more but it takes time.