Über Gusto

Gusto erleichtert kleinen Unternehmen die Gehaltsabrechnung, die Erbringung von Sozialleistungen und das Personalwesen auf erfrischende Weise.

Erfahre mehr über Gusto

It is super helpful especially for start ups when there might not be a designated HR person and the support staff is very helpful.

Hard to set up, produces the wrong information, is hard to correct, little to no customer support.

Bewertungen zu Gusto

Gusto hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 3.888 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Gusto bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (3.888)

Stephen
Stephen
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Gusto is the iPhone of Payroll

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Rakesk
Rakesk
Data Entry Specialist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Highly Powerful Project Payroll Easy Management Solution.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Extremely helpful budgeting and project payment and expense management package and the interface is very easy to access.

Capabilities like time management and the multiple projects employee database management on this system are profitable. Creating financial data reports and the analytics production in real time via this platform is excellent and easy to coordinate.

The learning is easy and reliable technical service and for me i got nothing against the product.

Kristina
Marketing Specialist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The Gusto onboarding process is really simple

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: The ease of use is unrivaled, regardless of whether I'm using my phone or my PC. The degree of protection that Gusto offers is truly remarkable. I can log in with confidence every time because my information is protected.

The onboarding process has been very easy and clear, and I love it. As an added bonus, they offered us the first three months free of charge as a promotional offer. This is a huge advantage, especially when testing new software.

I see myself depending to a certain extent on the platform, which will limit my future possibilities, because that is the only drawback of any type of platform: that they are usually proprietary.

Je
Partner in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Gusto has some nice features but it's unreliable and has terrible customer service

3,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall we're disappointed and it's caused a lot of issues with our business that could have been avoided.

There are some nice features and a sleek user interface.

It's unreliable with payroll deposits and the customer service is terrible.

Judith
Director of Operations in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Gusto is worth it!

4,0 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Whenever we have had issues, Gusto has really tried to remedy them. I appreciate all that they have done and do for us. I needed to reach out and they really tried to work things our for us.

Gusto's ease of use is what we like most. It's so easy for our employees to onboard and use.

Their state tax compliance service need a bit of improvement, especially on the city and county level for taxes

Brandon
VP in USA
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product for a medium sized company!

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The team was great at Gusto with on boarding and helping us setup links to quick books and our scheduling software. They provide great customer service if you have problem or issues running payroll.

We have to get used to the pay cycle part and how off cycle payroll works. Off Cycle payrolls are a lot of manual entry of information and take a lot longer to run.

Felix
CEO, CMO and Co-Founder in Polen
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

An intuitive tool to manage time and performance

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Relatable performance experience in streamlining HR tasks with access anytime, anywhere.

Managing goals, training and objectives has become quite effortless. It is easy to find hire and reward the right talent with Gusto. It is also a wonderful online HR tool which helps us in empowering our employees.

Customization is not satisfying for me. It was not easy at all to setup this tool. Until now, some icons remains unchanged due to failures.

Yolanda
Digital Coordinator in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

User friendly and modern Payroll platform

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Great app to use for small businesses, but it may not be best suited for businesses with more than 100 employees or multiple locations.

I enjoy the interface and UI design of the app. Eye-catching and similar to understand. Easy to use for any user of any age.

Small bugs. Some businesses may prefer more flexibility to tailor features to their needs. Small issues with payroll.

Rickie
Intake Specialist in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Tracking

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Current user for work. Great for tracking hours and sending requests for time off via mobile app.

Super easy to use on desktop and mobile app. Keep up with time management and payroll without worry.

No issues to report. Easy access on mobile app.

Herbert
Head Of Operations in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Seamless payroll support

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It has been a transformative tool for our monthly payroll tasks, cutting them down to a mere minute.

Very clear and concise interface for payroll, benefits and reporting, and the customer support is always there when we need them.

I wish the time tracking was more detailed.

Sushmita
Developer in Indien
Computer-Software, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Amazing experience

Kommentare: Value for money ,easy to use,
Good features.

Gusto is the best overall payroll, gusto let you run payroll in minutes, with automatic state.

Unlimited payroll runs, transparent pricing .

Karen
CEO in USA

Great Payroll Processing Platform for Small Businesses

Kommentare: Overall Gusto has been great for our company. We save time and money handling payroll in-house, as opposed to paying an outside service to do it for us. And we have peace of mind that Gusto is there to support us when/if we need it.

Gusto has been a great resource for us to handle our own payroll processing & HR management in-house. It is super easy to set up and manage and has a really intuitive user interface. Onboarding new employees is a snap, time-tracking is simple to manage for both employees and managers, and running payroll only takes us a few minutes twice a month. Having employees able to manage their own banking info and paycheck splits and W4s has saved our HR dept a ton of time and headaches. And we love having an online library of company forms and documents we can distribute to employees quickly and easily. Also, their customer support is amazing. We are signed up for the Conceriege level service and have a dedicated team of customer service people who are knowledgable and friendly and responsive and have helped us out with innumerable questions.

Moving from our previous payroll processor (ADP) to Gusto was easy, because we decided to do it at the beginning of a new fiscal year. The one issue we did experience was in setting up our company's Federal and State tax filing details. Gusto does not assist you with this, so we had to track down all of our company's employer account #s and UI tax rates and filing frequencies for the 3 different states where we have employees and manually enter it into Gusto. We ended up making a mistake on one state's filing frequency, which ended up costing us a bit of $$ in penalties. It would have been nice if Gusto had been able to assist us with this as part of the switch over from ADP. Also, Gusto does not offer benefits administration in our state (yet). Hopefully that will be coming soon, as it would be nice to handle payroll and benefits through one platform. And they could cut down on the number of "recommended" services from affiliated companies that pop up on the admin dashboard these days.

Andrew
Systems administrator in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best payroll company out there

Kommentare: Hands down the best and most cost-effective payroll bureau I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. I will not only recommend it to clients that don't have a payroll service but I will recommend it over any other payroll service there is essentially. It's way cheaper and way easier to use. I also have seen less mistakes then pay checks or ADP as I have worked with their payroll reports quite often when doing bookkeeping

We used to do around payroll through a company called pay soft.. or ProPay maybe another name for it. The program was decent a little bit cumbersome and the check stock was extremely expensive. They did their own payroll as a bureau. As a result of having their own proprietary software built they also sold it which was overpriced and in the long run didn't make us money. Just being a recommendation agency essentially and controlling if you ever clients payroll through gusto it's made us more money and they offer way more than ADP or paychecks ever has offered us.

There's not much I don't like about this software besides maybe the fact that it isn't really a software that you download it's an internet interface so if you're internet somehow becomes unreachable or it's down you can't really print out checks with proper taxes withheld. This is An occurrence few and far between and can always be advanced and then paid back once you can access it again. A desktop GUI that just calls in the website would be a handy tool for owners and accountants to be able to take more effort into their own hands on payroll

Milan
CPA, Financial Advisor in USA

Vimlan Tax Services LLC

Kommentare: Overall, 7 out of 10, could be better. It's better than most, but it needs to be better.

-It's web based -one login for staff for access to all clients. -MFA ability for each login -ability to control which clietns assigned to which login. - like other payroll engines, it does automatic paymetns (immediately) and automatic filings - multiple reports available, quarterly/monthly/yearly, etc. - tracks PTO, SIck, and auto generates if needed, - great integration with Tsheets for time clock

There is no ONE consolidated report for all clients on a custom period. EG, if I wanted a 1st quarter payroll report, with selected clients on each row of the report, and the columns having the headings for say, different data points like "gross payroll, net pay, 401K deferred, 401K roth, IL state tax paid, 941 done?" then that style of report is ONLY available if you pull that report down client by client, NOT for all clients or selected clients as a consolidated report. Email alerts are not there for specific things, like if a client exceeds a payrol amount or if a large net reimbursement check is done. There is NO mobile app. There is NO standard custom 401K year end "Annual census" report which ties in all the data points for a 5500 filing. Gusto also competes with providers for health insurance and 401K. Financial advisors like me only want Gusto to do the payroll part, not compete with us on the benefits part.

Juli
Chief Accountant in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Support Severely Lacking

Kommentare: If you don't run into any problems, it's fine. However, I'd give their support a failing grade. I'll give them that it's better than Quickbooks Online payroll but that bar is underground it's so low. I was assured by the salesperson that sold me on Gusto that I would speak to a US-based real person if ever I should need support - that was a false assertion. I rarely, if ever, speak to a US-based person. Getting a hold of a person at all is not easy. There's no number to call. I don't have a contact person at the company. There's often no response on support tickets that I submit. It's inexcusable. Payroll affects people's lives and livelihoods. For a payroll company to expect their software to just work bug-free 100% of the time and thus never put resources into customer support is arrogant and short-sighted.

In general, the payroll features are easy to set-up and use.

I don't like that their payroll journal entries can only map to main accounts and not sub-accounts. I don't like that they don't seem to understand that Group Term Life Insurance premiums paid by the employer are taxable benefits to the employee, but no cash is exchanged between employer and employee. They set up the journal entries to reflect a cash payment to the employee and I haven't found a way to disable that. Finally, I have had repeated support issues, most notably, all of my employees that were employed during 2022 were notified of a "Draft" W-2c for the 2022 tax year uploaded to their employee accounts on 12/4/2023. Those "Draft" W-2cs for the prior year were erroneous. After spending hours upon hours reviewing each employee's payroll totals for the 2022 tax year and ensuring there was no such error that needed correcting, I reached out to Gusto through the only feature possible when you need to provide attachments which is an online form. I submitted one for every, single employee. I received a single reply email saying "not to worry" they would address it. I never received a follow-up until I insisted that they call me back. On follow-up, I was told that it was a "company-wide internal error." Furthermore, they couldn't remove the erroneous "Draft" 2022 W-2cs from my employees' accounts and they couldn't provide any official documentation to provide to my employees that the error was theirs and theirs alone. I demanded some sort of compensation at the very least to which they offered a 25% discount for 2 months which amounts to roughly $130 which barely covers 2 hours of my time spent dealing with the mess that they created. Furthermore, when my January bill came, they had not provided the discount. I'm assured that it will appear on my "next" bill but I'm not holding my breath. They should have reached out to their clients pre-emptively about this problem. They should have been responsive to my 16 support tickets about this problem. They should have offered multiple months of free service to compensate for this problem. They offered nothing voluntarily. Nothing. This is absolutely unacceptable handling of a "company-wide error." Oh, and I ran into a different tax compliance issue with city-wide occupational tax with which they should be intimately familiar since their headquarters are located in an adjacent city with an identical occupational tax and yet their own employees didn't seem to understand the nuance of this tax to which their own employees are subject. What kind of payroll company doesn't understand the payroll taxes in their own jurisdiction?

Rick
Director of photography in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Payroll with a personal touch

Kommentare: I’ve used Gusto as a freelancer with clients that operate their business with this service. I also use it at my day job with my Agency to manage my team's time off benefits and payroll. It’s a great product that I find myself recommending to others all the time

There are many products available that handle payroll, benefits, and employee database. My favorite thing about Gusto is that it uses a very human and personal approach to what could very easily be a cold and lifeless system or department. I love the option to add contractors through he payroll system too. The gusto customer service team is top notch. Turbo Tax integration is fantastic

There’s very little to complain about with Gusto. I do wish it had a more catered option for freelancer one man band type of operations.

Sandy
Manager in USA

User Friendly

Kommentare: Very good. We always recommend Gusto as one of the top payroll companies to use for our clients that are starting payroll for the first time.

I use Gusto for my clients as well as for our own company. I find it very user friendly, especially for my tech-phobic clients. I also like their tech support. They are easy to reach by phone, chat or email and the technicians are very patient.

The import mapping. This is the only reason I wouldn't give 5 stars. When the payroll is simple, the mapping is fine but for more complicated payrolls, the mapping is a nightmare. Also, that it imports to Xero as a bill. Clients find it really difficult to grasp how to work with this. In their mind payroll has already been "paid" so when they see it show up as an unpaid bill, they get confused or worried that their employees didn't get paid.

Thomas
Adviser in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Better than nothing

Kommentare: I am disappointed. I though I was getting a first tier payroll software with faster turnaround for less money. I got a lees than complete feature set with hit or miss service.

It is easy to use and set up. It is much more straightforward than many of its competitors. Onboarding was mostly drama free.

The system is not as robust and feature rich as its key top tier competitors like QB or ADP. Once we started using it we found features missing that we took for granted would be there. One of the key things that made us choose Gusto was the ability to give our staff direct deposit payments next day. In practice the design of the system makes that impossible for us. We discovered a glitch in the system that prevented us from properly reporting overtime in our state. Gusto was unable to find what was wrong or give us a workaround, We found one ourselves minutes from our payroll deadline. Customer support is erratic, with some folks providing helpful and timely support while others are not significantly better than us guessing . We kept getting routed to our designated representative when all we needed was a simple question to be answered. The time it took to locate and hook up with our rep was longer then it took to get an answer. Pro tip to customer support: If you don't know the answer, dont send me a link to some general background topic. It does not help.

Barbara

Switching back to Square Payroll by year-end

Kommentare: Not at all pleased. I was hoping to love this but did not

The accountant login feature is what drew me in so I could move multiple clients over under one user login and switch back and forth between payroll clients.

Difficult to use. Not user friendly. Time-consuming and complicated. Report section needs major overhaul. Their Indiana WH1 payroll report needs to be DETAILED but it is a generic "summary" that does NOT include employee name, wages, etc. which is information that was needed to file COVID reports and ERC amendments. I wanted to love this software but ended up hating it. One client ended up with double processing that caused an overdraw and it took forever to fix it. I had to give them money out of business account to cover this mistake. Gusto was not quick to help out and never made it right with my company nor my client. I am glad I did not move all of my clients to this software and have moved all but one, who will be switching back to Square payroll by year-end.

Lance
Web Developer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Gusto has won me over for life.

Kommentare: Time sheets, paycheck stubs, tax documents for my employees are all available to them without any extra work needed by me. Gusto takes care of it al.

I love how easy it is for my employees to see their paycheck stubs, get their tax documents, and even do a early cash out option if they need a little extra money before payday. They have recently introduced time tracking, which solved another issue I had with keeping track of everyone's hours in another product.

I don't have many cons regarding Gusto. So far it has met all my needs flawlessly. The one con I would say is that the insurance process could be a little less confusing.

Lianna
Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Payroll Made Easy

Kommentare: The time we have saved using Gusto has been extraordinary. What took us hours in the past now takes very little time. We have saved money by switching to Gusto who offers reasonable service charges. Not having to write checks and the additional bookkeeping that would go into uncashed and misplaced checks is another big savings. Our entire company loves direct deposit and we are very happy with the services Gusto has provided.

Gusto has many great and useful features. I love that I can run payroll, hire a new employee, change wage information or dismiss an employee, from anywhere I am by logging into my account on my phone or on a computer. Gusto sends reminder emails when it's time to run payroll or a new hire has not completed their onboarding. Tax information is clear and concise. My staff enjoy having their own individual accounts to change bank information, look at their documents and get other helpful information. Direct deposit is a fantastic time saver for both the company and the employees.

Integration with Gusto was very easy. Occasionally it is difficult to reach a live person for help but we have rarely had to speak to someone.

Bryan
Vice President, Finance in USA
Vorstandsbüro, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Terrible customer service, average system, Predatory Lender

Kommentare: The world has caught up to Gusto. It is just a run of the mill self-service payroll firm. Comparing any self-service firm to a full-service firm, the self-service firm will win on cost, though that is about it. In addition to losing on Customer Service, the constant annoying sales pitches and calls regarding HR benefits as well as the firm charging for simple improvements, such as adding paid-for time tracking is a severe detriment. The fact that it has now morphed into a Payday Lend is the last straw for me. I do not trust Gusto with my firm's or employee's data and am extremely happy that I never moved any healthcare or other benefit systems to their control. I have been with the firm since our beginning, but will be moving on to another system as soon as possible.

This is one of the many common low-cost self-service payroll solutions. It allows you to pay your Employees and Contractors and handles virtually all of the taxes and processing of payments to the taxing authorities. The interface is on par with the many other UX/UI's in the industry. As is industry standard, Employees are emailed all end of year documents automatically. The company also offers access to two-day payroll processing.

Customer Service is terrible - an absolute nightmare. When mistakes are made by Gusto, they are hard, if not impossible to fix and/or get them to admit to. The firm has attempted (and mostly failed to my knowledge) to enter the higher margin HR platform and benefits fold. The firm has also just begun predatory lending at rates advertised as 1% which are actually as high as 45.63% (per their own fine print). The Customer Service in this area (from my limited exposure) provides misleading at best and false at worst information. This used to be a great firm, but there was an initial turning point where it began to focus more on marketing than the system, which then led to the constant sales calls for HR and other insurance services, which has led now, to Payday Lending. There had been an Intuit integration issue that seems to have finally been solved. Additionally, the firm has the same problem with missed payments and 941 misfilings that other full-service platforms have, however the customer service is severely lacking and resolutions take forever. The platform also can not handle an employee working in two states (more common in the North East). The cost for paying contractors is too high which limits the usefulness of the system overall - forcing a company to keep Employee Payroll, Contractor Payments, and expense reimbursements on separate systems. I have also received tax filings from another firm as their own CSR system combined two threads and had to speak to the a

Bryan
Director Of Operations in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Love and Hate with Gusto

Kommentare: If all you are doing is simple payroll processing then I think this is a good option for you. If you have many employees and you offer benefits good luck. Gusto has the worst customer service I would say in the industry. It is extremely hard to get help from their customer service. It seems like the thought and belief is pass the buck to someone else.

This software is easy to setup and has basic things for businesses. Gusto has a nice user website site that you can do many things very quickly. If you are looking for simple reports and processing than this is good.

The Absolute worst customer service! If you ever need help with your payroll especially benefits administration good luck getting help. Gusto completely messed up our health insurance plans and signed up our employees with health plans that are not even offered in our state. It took 5 months and threats from our lawyers before they would finally respond from someone that knew what they were doing.

Jacquie
Program Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Absolutely Love this Full Feature Easy to Use Product!

Kommentare: If I were to leave this world today, ANYONE could jump onto Gusto and fall right into step. That is how easy this program is.

I cannot say enough about how much our company loves this product. If any company tries to sell us a product that claims to do the same things, we turn them down flat! So many companies are "Ala Cart". Not Gusto. We have been using Gusto since 2017 and hope that we can always use them. This is very user friendly, allows self-onboarding by the employee, allows time tracking for hourly employees, time tracking by project, handles your benefit plans, open enrollment, workers compensation insurance payments, payroll, taxes, new employee reports, tax reporting, W-2's, 1099's, payment of contractors both domestic and international (in November 2023, you will be able to pay international employees). Nothing is complicated in any way shape or form. Gusto is so stress free and works with many other programs. We use their partner EasyLlama for training (yes, that is a minimal fee payable to EasyLlama) and that is amazing. I can't say enough about how wonderful this is. If I ask the owners if they want to add a benefit, their first questions is always, "do they work with Gusto"?

In 8+ years, I have not found a single negative thing with Gusto, even through COVID, they seemed to not miss a beat with their customer service.

Knox
Founder & CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Literally a worry-free payroll solution

Kommentare: Gusto saves our company lots of time! I spend literally an hour on HR/payroll each week, because Gusto does so much of the heavy lifting. For the price, I totally believe I am getting great ROI. It also integrates well with our accounting software.

Gusto makes managing employee relations, payroll, and benefits so simple. You truly get a lot of bang for your buck. We're able to manage payroll processing; time/attendance; benefits; onboarding; and salary offers all in place. Their web-based technology has great up-time and is very easy to use. I also like the fact that Gusto does all of your federal and state payroll document filings and return (quarterly and annual). Every form needed to remain in compliance with the feds and state are filed by Gusto on your behalf. That takes the headache away and allows my company to focus on matters that are more critical at this time.

There is not much I can say here other than their support isn't necessarily a phone call away. That said, they answer emails and tickets super quick. I haven't been much in a pinch to need an immediate response to issues, and their self-service support center is rather extensive.

Eugene
OWNER in USA

Customer Support Non-Existent if you have a Tax issue

Kommentare: You have to monitor everything that is processed from them. My mistake. Do not rely on their quality. You have to keep tabs on everything.

Online, payrol. my accountant had access

Have a tax issue where Gusto failed to file 940 and was a year late on a 941. I didnt check this (foolish me, though I was paying a service for this). I have a tax liability now. The main issue is that if you call customer service, there is NO ONE beyond the front line service. NO ONE from the tax department will call you, speak with you, or give you an update. You will get a canned email "we are working on your issue". Its clear at this point, that they have canned my issue and are hoping I resolve on my own. I was told twice by the front line girl, that I should call IRS and ask for extension. My attorney said NO...gusto trying to get off the hook and state that you took over this issue from them. Ready to break down at this point. Small business that cannot afford to spend (35:26 on hold right now) every day calling them with them stating "Someone from Tax will call you back before the end of the day" Hot Take...the phone number of the tax preparer is on every 941...starting to call them bitching about this. I dont know whether I owe the tax, it was a reporting issue, payroll processing issue, no idea. CANT GET ANYONE TO GIVE ME ANTHING. FRUSTRATED...VERY VERY VERY FRUSTRATED. I would not recommend this service.