Filtern nach:

Über Logos Bible Software

Passe Texte, Umrisse und Bilder mit dieser webbasierten Lösung an, die deine Präsentationen für die zukünftige Verwendung speichert.

Erfahre mehr über Logos Bible Software

Jeremy B.
Jeremy B.
Writer in USA

Like a Print Bible, but Enhanced and Easy to Search

Kommentare: The Bible is a sacred text, and any reader who’s serious about understanding it will want to understand it as the writers intended. However, because translations require scrutiny among language experts, keeping an accurate representation of the original language is important. That said, some translations are better than others. But even when the translation is accurate, the context may be lost because people who live in a 21st century technical environment may exhibit a cultural misunderstanding of the old world. The Logos Bible helps to bridge the gap between history and context by considering the original language and what words mean, as well as how historical records match the moments written about in the Bible. For anyone who wants to truly understand the Bible according to its original language, then the Logos Bible is a great place to start.

(Referring to the Logos Bible app only--I'm not a pastor or teacher, so I don't use the full suite of products.) For starters, Logos Bible Software puts the Bible in electronic format and allows the user to access it from his or her phone, tablet, or computer. This is handy for anyone who wants to read when they’re away from home. Pretty obvious. However, what makes Logos a great tool, not just a great digitization of a sacred text, is that it comes with searchable glossaries, historical accounts, contextual stories or events, connections to other instances in the Bible where that information cross-references, tables, language glossaries (from the original language), and more. If there was ever a version of the Bible that logical-minded readers could get into, it’s this one. Oh, and it has access to multiple translations, including the New American Standard, which is regarded as among the most accurate. Note: This software has components that pastors and teachers may benefit from, but any layman like me who wants to understand the Bible will get plenty out of its features, too.

Honestly, there aren’t many cons here. The bible mobile app is free to download, so if you want to read the Bible, you can, for free, anytime, anywhere. However, there is a paid subscription version for advanced features, so not everything is free, but I think this is reasonable because someone needs to get paid to build and maintain these features. Plus, Logos Bible Software is geared toward pastors, teachers, and other professionals, and professional apps tend to cost something. But I’m nit-picking here. There isn’t much to complain about.

Jeff S.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best money can buy - only so much you can do

Kommentare: In many ways it is overkill for the typical pastor.
I teach through the Bible and often it takes a year to get through two books of the Bible.
It is hard to find the time to utilize everything on Logos unless you start studying Logos. And I feel the purpose is to study the Bible and not get tied up with hours of technical abilities to use the software.
Don’t get me wrong it is wonderful and I love it but I was hoping that the upgrades would help bring further time saving tools. But I feel in all the packages I just get so many things that I don’t need all at once. It’s easier just to order the single study book or whatever I’m studying then to buy the whole series. I was also excited when LOGOS purchased WORDsearch products which I owned and now they are merged into logos.

LOGOS software is the best Bible software on the market and its features are incredible. I even joined Morris Proctor subscription to learn more about LOGOS and its features. But then I end up studying LOGOS software more than the Bible.

I think the main problem is it’s just too much. I want to use it to study the Bible not to spend hours figuring out how the software works. Many books that you purchase in packages are like infomercial channels you get on cable. It’s very expensive and it seems every year with the upgrade you lose a level even though they say you don’t. I just purchased platinum but now while it’s still platinum in Logos 8 The upgrade brought me a level down. It seems like an endless ability to catch up to portfolio which is way beyond what I need this for. There’s only so many study materials you can use even when they are virtual. What I have seems sufficient. I don’t need endless magazines from the 1950s to today. The video courses are a bit bland.

Jeff L.
pastor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Keep your Books and Build Your Physically Library

Kommentare: Horrible. The techs are condescending and rude when you ask for help. The software is just beyond frustrating. Why would you take a platform like WordSearch away from pastors that are already struggling to find time and energy to prepare with all the added issues of Covid and the chaos in our culture?

Nothing. It is expensive, over complicated and not practical for a pastor that has multiple demands on his time and attention.

Everything. I resent the fact that I was forced by LifeWay to leave WordSearch that I have invested thousands of dollars in to build a wonderful library. Logos cannot compete with WordSearch so they bought and shut it down. This is one the most unethical things I have witnessed and it is no difference than someone walking in my house and stealing over 2,000 volumes from my library.

Roderick G.
Executive Director in USA

A Researcher's Dream

Kommentare: Logos Bible Software is a biblical researcher's dream come true. As in other spheres of technological advancement, Logos is allowing us to do things in biblical studies that 20 years ago we would have thought was science fiction. Aside from the software itself, the support has been superb. I'm grateful for Logos/FaithLife every day.

Every individual has a personal style for studying, doing research, and preparing sermons or class sessions. We can celebrate the fact, therefore, that Logos Bible Software has such a vast array of interconnected tools and resources that anyone using Logos can do their Bible-related prep work in the manner that suits their study-research personality. Over the years of using Logos, making extensive use of the notes and visual filters features, I have been able to dive deeper into the biblical text, its cultural background, and its underlying structures than I ever thought possible. Because of the vast library of books, journals and other resources available in the Logos format, I have often thought of the learning opportunities that Logos Bible Software has given me as nearly equal to the Oxford education I was never in a position to pursue.

What's not to like? Except that Logos Bible Software has more power and features than you'll ever get around to using! I do wish that some of the more advanced grammatical tools were easier and more intuitive to use (I've never been able to assemble a working Syntax Search of my own). However, a higher learning curve for more advanced tools is to be expected.

Jon G.
Researcher and Writer in USA

My Tech Support Experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Resource availability. I bought the TDOT TDNT Bundle 2 days ago, the complete installation of Logos Bible Software was run overnight. All I can say, due to my lack of experience with it is "I am excited about its potential for my Biblical research."

Such a HUGE program it is expected to have some early challenges. Mine was that I could not find the large set I had bought and couldn't even find the Library which would be my main work area. In my desire to at least find that before you closed on [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I called for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. It was so wonderful that the day I bought the TDOT TDNT Bundle he kindly sent an email relative about your support department. He included a number of links that have been most helpful. At that time was impressed with his patience as I talked with him and ask a few questions. He seemed to be very well versed by the way he responded to my questions. Then, when I got the helpful links I thought he had graciously taken additional time to send me that information. He graciously included his contact information. I was so pleased to have that reference on his email so I could go directly to him today when I could not locate the library so I could start using it tomorrow. Again, he went the 2nd mile to get me up and going. You have an excellent employee with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He presents a good face and helpful attitude! Your Pleased Customer, Jon Green.

Steven D.
Steven D.

A Great research tool

Kommentare: I have used Logos for over twelve years and have been pleased with how they keep the software up to date and are constantly expanding the resources available.

The ability to have a wide range of Bible and ministry resources available with the press of a button or or the touch of a screen is a huge time saver and makes research and reading much more flexible.

While there are a wide range of resources occasionally there are books and other resources that Logos does not have the license for which can be an inconvenience at times.

Timothy W.
Associate Pastor in USA

My favorite Bible Software

Kommentare: I have used Logos for many years. I find it superior to all other Bible softwares.

I love the fact that through the years I’ve been able to amass quite a significant library. I also enjoy the fact that I can use it on many platforms and devices. I also look forward to the monthly free books and my birthday gift.

Sometimes the language study section is a little clunky for me.

iSeries Administrator in USA

Great in-depth software

Kommentare: Logos has really made it easy to do in depth analysis of Bible texts, including original language tools. The cross reference system allows you to find connections you might otherwise miss.

The complete integration of all Bible resources into one place makes Logos software a powerful tool. The free books that come with the base application are a good place to start and it is possible to continually add new books to your system. Purchases are upgrade proof and any books you buy are always compatible with the next version.

There is a high price tag to get in to the deepest features of the program. Additionally, the price of individual books can be cost prohibitive.

Damián L.
Director in Argentinien
Schreiben & Editieren, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

El mejor software de estudio bíblico

Tiene todo lo que necesitas, atlas, enciclopedia bíblica, un módulo recientemente agregado para consejería muy útil, módulo de notas, una sección de multimedia y lo que agrega mas valor todavía es el escritor de sermones. Todos los escritos en un solo lugar y nunca más perder un mensaje

Ninguno salvo el alto costo comparado con otros similares, pero por supuesto vale cada dolar !!

David C.
David C.
Pastor for Creative Arts in USA

Powerful Sermon/Study Tool

Kommentare: I use Logos every time I preach as a way of supplementing my language research and combing through multiple commentaries at once. Its value is hard to measure, since it shortens research time significantly for some and less for others.

I love the ability to open multiple commentaries and Bible translations with a click. Logos has simplified my study process by combining digital resources into a relatively intuitive interface.

There are some items that I 'own' through the Logos Library that are harder to find or recognize when using the search tools.

Austin H.
Assistant Headmaster in USA

Massive library program that does more than previous giants would have thought possible.

Logos is really incredible. It places thousands of resources at your fingertips and has them all cross-referenced and indexed. I don't know of another program that has this level of intertextuality built into the program. You can follow links and references to the works they were citing. You can build searches on top of searches. This is a one-stop-shop library program and powerful language tool all in one. They are constantly upgrading and adding features to keep Logos cutting edge. Their language tools are rapidly catching up to their competitors and there are more things possible that I am even aware of. I probably only know how to use about 15% of this software, but the benefits it brings are astronomical. I love that they are also expanding into the classics field with Not and other resources. I hope their language tools in Latin will improve to match what they have in Greek.

Logos is not cheap. At all. All of their resources cost significantly more than what they would cost in print. Add in the fact that I don't like reading on a screen, and I retain information far better when I can deal with the geography of a book, and that makes it a losing proposition. Their bundles inflate book numbers with filler junk that you will never use, and would never want. You will be oversold resources and features that you will never use.

Buck D.
Pastor of Outreach and Discipleship in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

The Swiss Army Knife of Bible Study

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I've used a lot of Bible software over the years. Many of them have been very well done. But Logos is more powerful and feature rich than others. It seems very mature and polished having a professional feel to it. For me it takes my Bible study to the next level. It provides quick cross references, images, Greek and Hebrew resources including audible pronunciations, maps, and much more.

Logos Bible Software is simple enough to be used by anyone yet has enough power for the scholar or theologian. There are quite a few different packages which can help get you started for less money and still have some solid features. However, if you can afford it a more expensive package comes with an amazing amount of resources. One of my favorite features is how you can hover over words and instantly get all kinds of information in an instant. Also, the Reading Plans can really help keep you on track and there are many to chose from. You can have multiple panels open and then link them together so that as you scroll through the Bible and other resources they all stay synchronized. Hover over any Bible reference and it displays a preview. Click on it and it takes you to that passage in your preferred Bible. Another great feature is that all your data, notes, highlights and documents are kept in sync and available if you go to another computer or Logos on a mobile device.

Honestly, the downside would be the price. I understand why it can be expensive with all the resources and features you get but it makes it hard for the average person to purchase. Lately they have provided some good options though, whether it's Faithlife Connect or through your church using Faithlife Equip.

Sean C.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

My go-to resource for sermon preparation

Kommentare: It would be hard to imagine my sermon preparation without Logos. From looking up number of occurrences of words, to research in the original languages, to having dozens of commentaries at my fingertips, Logos helps me consistently present well-researched messages in a fraction of the time it would take to do manually.

Logos dramatically cuts down the amount of time I spend writing sermons each week by compiling all the resources I need in one location. Not only that, but with the fairly recent addition of the Sermon Builder component, my message slides can be automatically generated and inserted into Proclaim, Faithlife's presentation software. This saves this small-church pastor some valuable time while still delivering an excellent end result.

The biggest con with Logos is the price. However, I believe it has more than paid for itself in the last 10 years of ministry.

Antwort von Faithlife Corporation

Sean, thank you for this. We love seeing people take advantage of the sermon builder and its integration with Proclaim. We're working on some great features to take this even further. Also, make sure you check out our new website builder at https://sites.faithlife.com. If you publish your sermon to https://sermons.faithlife.com, it will automatically appear on your Faithlife Site. We're trying to remove more pain points for pastors of small churches. We hear you have a few things on your plate. =)

Mark A.
Senior Minister in Australien

Invaluable Bible Software

Kommentare: I find Logos Bible Software an invaluable tool for researching the Bible to write sermons and produce research papers. I love the integration with Proclaim presentation software. The breadth of features are enormous and the output is well organised and accessible.

Logos bible software is a dynamic integration of research features available for serious students of the Bible. I use the product regularly to prepare sermons and research topics. The software is vast in its scope but has good entry level points for the inexperienced user. Advanced use of the software allows complex searches using other languages. Greek and Hebrew students will find excellent resources. I love the clear presentation of results which enables me to make sense of lots of material.

Software of this complexity does not come cheaply. However, I have found the investment well rewarded over many years. Intermediate and advanced users of the software may struggle to come to grips with the nuances but there is paid and free support from an enthusiastic community. Logos themselves support the product well. Of course, logos cannot provide every book needed for study, so the software will likely need to be supplemented from a print library.

Asael I.
Director in Guatemala
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Mi experiencia con Logos 9 - Asael Illú

Kommentare: Una de las ventajas grandes que veo con Logos es el ahorro de tiempo para realizar estudios de la Biblia, de
igual manera veo que la compra de libros es más accesible y rápido, además que tiene la opción de devolver
un producto si no satisface al cliente (al menos en un período de 30 días).

Considero que las funciones son muy buenas mayormente a partir de la biblioteca Tesoro para arriba, simplifica la búsqueda de ciertos temas y ayuda a emprender un análisis más rápido del Texto Sagrado. La ventaja es que puedo usarlo en todos mis dispositivos y descargar los libros y Biblias para mi estudio personal en cualquier lugar

Necesita mejorar en extensiones de biblioteca que incluya recursos netamente académicos, veo que actualmente para adquirir ese tipo de recursos hay que adquirir la biblioteca Platino, entonces eso en ocasiones está fuera del alcance económico. Sugiero extensiones académicas o en integración con algunos recursos en inglés para profundizar más en el estudio tanto del Antiguo como del Nuevo Testamento, sin descartar el conocimiento en Literatura del Período del Segundo Templo. También sugiero. Además algunos libros en las bibliotecas actuales son libros con contenido no relevante para nuestro tiempo.

Dominic A.
Lead Pastor in USA

A nearly perfect Bible software

Kommentare: This is the most used and most cherished program on my Mac. I have been a Logos (formerly Libronix) user since 1999. I am thankful for the effort and ingenuity of the Logos team to continue to advance the exceptional quality of their product.

You can't beat having an entire digital library in the palm of your hands. The speed at which users can access resources is unparalleled and the linking up of books is genius.

Two features that would dramatically improve my Logos experience: 1. Allow users to move more quickly through opened resources. At present a user has to click on the left and right button in order to move through resources. This is slow, cumbersome and inefficient. Especially when a user has 20 or more resources opened. 2. On the mobile app allow users to set their own highlighter defaults. The current default is set to highlighter. But this user prefers solid colors as well as bold, underline and large text. This feature would be greatly improved if you allowed user to selected their own default highlight once a text is selected rather than creating a few extra steps.

Gregory W.
Elder in USA

Best Bible Software Package

Kommentare: Logos is great for developing sermons and lesson plans!

This review is for Logos Bible Software, NOT for Proclaim Logos simply has the largest library available for the student. The number of tools that are available are (honestly) overwhelming, but the experienced user can master these tools quickly. It is possible to easily get lost in the weeds with Logos because the weeds are so easily gotten to. However, sometimes chasing a rabbit down its hole is worth it!

It can easily get very expensive. I would recommend buying sets you want or only investing in a library if just about everything it contains is something you want to add to your library. It may be more expensive to purchase individual books, but you won't get hundreds of resources you don't want/need.

Antwort von Faithlife Corporation

Gregory, thank you for this review. We appreciate it. You're correct. Purchasing libraries is definitely more cost effective than the individual titles. If you're ever considering a larger purchase, don't hesitate to call in to our team. We're happy to help crunch the numbers and recommend the most cost-effective way to add the resources you're looking at to your library.

Daniel E.
Senior Pastor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best Bible and Literature Research Software on the Market

Kommentare: My overall experience with Logos is that is makes my research of important topics for projects more efficient and easier to complete. This software also allows me to take an entire research library anywhere I go. This is the best research software that I know of.

What I like most is that this software transforms books into resources that can be searched and analyzed. I also enjoy that the Layout feature that allows me to save a layout of books for next timeI want to work on that particular project.

This software’s weakness is its strength. It is so powerful and feature rich that it can take time to learn and memorize the feature. Another downfall is that the books for this software are more than print books, typically.

Peter K.
Peter K.
President in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Can't Live Without It

Kommentare: I am thoroughly impressed by Faithlife (the corporation behind the production of Logos). I use Logos every day, and can't imagine a day without it.

I use Logos every single day, and I have no regrets. I have almost completely migrated my theological library from physical books to Logos. It is unbelievable how useful it is to be able to search through my library when studying a passage of Scripture, as everything is cross-linked. What used to take hours in study or research, I can now do with Logos in minutes or even seconds. This gets me farther than before, faster and more effectively than ever.

Logos has a drastic learning curve. The software is not very intuitive but requires lots of patience and instruction. I have found that curve worth plodding, however. The customer service is fabulous in helping people get up to speed with the system.

Joe W.
Senior Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Can't Go Wrong with Logos!

Kommentare: My overall experience with Logos has been tremendous. The support I've gotten through technical support to the sales representatives has been great. I am able to have Logos up on another Screen so that I can flow seamlessly from Logos to my Sermon for the week. It's awesome!

There are so many different things that I love about Logos. It's easy to use. You can have multiple commentaries or translations of the Bible up at one time. It makes it easy then to look at a particular passage and study them in a variety of different ways. The library depending on the package you choose is fantastic! And they often offer some good discounts to jump up a level. It is fantastic! I love that when my laptop was running out of space, I could then use the web app version of Logos and access my library that way. So huge!

I have rarely had an issue if ever with Logos. I think it is set-up and run well. I really love it!

Igor P.
PhD candidate in UK

Good

I like the availability and practicality of the material. There are many valuable resources available there. Also, they are always offering new content and it is perceptive that they want to cover many books that are important in the field of biblical studies and theology. There is also a discount program for students, which has been helpful to get essential sources for a less high price.

More advanced research is still tricky. By contrast, there are many features that are possible to achieve with Bible Works that are not possible in Logos. For example, Logos is not helpful when I want to research specific lemmas and common phrases within the Hebrew Bible. It is still very dependent on traditional, though important, lexicons and theological dictionaries. It is not versatile and dynamic, though. In that case, the advanced reader needs to combine logos with Bible Works. Both are, however, very expensive.

Chris E.
Chris E.
Student Life Pastor > Church Ministries Pastor in Kanada

Love the amazing array of features and the consolidation of my library into one place.

Kommentare: Financially, buying logos was challenging, but the reward was a great variety of tools. Don't buy beyond what you will use, however. Lot's of things look great, but you'll only ever use a fraction of it.

Love the fact that you can search across all resources and instantly pull those resources up in the links - basically like wikipedia. Saves so much time in searching out important resources. The portability of a library is also great. Being able to pick up where you left off on one device is also super useful. The extensive tools for studying the original languages are also incredibly useful - even if it takes a few hours to learn them all.

Slows down your computer a lot if it isn't powerful enough. Some things are not as intuitive as could be hoped, but fortunately there are really good Youtube channels to explain how to use it. The mobile app doesn't have/allow for the reading out loud option.

Ken B.

Best Product for Bible Study

Kommentare: Fantastic!

I love the great variety of digital resources that are available in the software and for purchase. I love the way the works are all tagged and can be searched. The integration features are fantastic. This software beats the old days when I would have multiple commentaries & resources open and spread out all over my desk while studying for sermons, listens, et.

It has so many options that it takes a lot of time investment to learn how to utilize them all. Of course, you don't have to use all the options, but you feel like you're paying for stuff that could be helpful and and you hate to pay for it and then not use it.

Warren F.
Lead Minister in USA

Logos 8 review

Kommentare: Overall, your product is great. I use it everyday to write sermons, Sunday school lessons, and Bible studies. Your customer service is great. You offer free and discounted books every month. I recommend this product to all my minister friends.

The thing I use the most is for the Greek and Hebrew. Also, the multiple translations. The integration of books is also very useful. I also enjoy all the free books. I glad you keep upgrading your product, but this is also a con (see below).

Learning a new program every year or every other year. All changes makes it hard to keep up, especially when you get used to a certain way of doing things. Your full new program upgrades are expensive for a minister on a small budget. I would appreciate a full upgrade with all the features without spending $200 or plus dollars.

Cory M.
Photographer in USA

The Resources Alone Make this Software Worth Using

Kommentare: I enjoy using Logos. It is not overly difficult to jump into using, and it is easy to find instructional videos online that will further supplement your information and experience. It is useful for personal study, but it is available and can be implemented for use with a broader teaching or congregational study.

Logos Bible Software is a tool that I would recommend to anyone seeking to learn more about theological topics and dig deeper into the Bible. It has a variety of tools and features, perhaps too many to list here. Most frequently, I find myself using the exegetical guide provided to users, which breaks down the Greek and Hebrew text word-for-word and provides parsing tools. The search feature is excellent, and allows users to select which resources they want to search through, whether that be books, the Old and New Testaments, and other possible reference works. Additionally, free users are provided with a great beginning library, and all users are offered one free new book each month, selected by Logos. Overall, this is a great product.

There are still resources available elsewhere that are not available on Logos. Some books may take some time to arrive on the Logos platform, but by and large, this will not be a problem due to the number of other books and resources available.