Logos Bible Software

Logos Bible Software Bewertungen

von Faithlife Corporation

My go-to resource for sermon preparation

Bewertet am 10.10.2018
Sean C.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It would be hard to imagine my sermon preparation without Logos. From looking up number of occurrences of words, to research in the original languages, to having dozens of commentaries at my fingertips, Logos helps me consistently present well-researched messages in a fraction of the time it would take to do manually.

Vorteile: Logos dramatically cuts down the amount of time I spend writing sermons each week by compiling all the resources I need in one location. Not only that, but with the fairly recent addition of the Sermon Builder component, my message slides can be automatically generated and inserted into Proclaim, Faithlife's presentation software. This saves this small-church pastor some valuable time while still delivering an excellent end result.

Nachteile: The biggest con with Logos is the price. However, I believe it has more than paid for itself in the last 10 years of ministry.

von Faithlife Corporation an 13.10.2018

Sean, thank you for this. We love seeing people take advantage of the sermon builder and its integration with Proclaim. We're working on some great features to take this even further.

Also, make sure you check out our new website builder at https://sites.faithlife.com. If you publish your sermon to https://sermons.faithlife.com, it will automatically appear on your Faithlife Site.

We're trying to remove more pain points for pastors of small churches. We hear you have a few things on your plate. =)

So much material!

Bewertet am 4.1.2020
Brett H.
Associate Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I do love Logos. I don't use it as regularly as I should, nor do I use it to it's full potential. Even with that, it is a great product that gives me the information I need to teach and preach. Kudos, Logos!

Vorteile: The best thing about Logos is the amount of biblical material. Regardless of what platform you purchase, there is an ample amount of resources. Many are scholarly material...many I wouldn't touch, but the higher level you purchase the greater amount of the scholarly materials you get. Helps with writing papers and preaching sermons!

Nachteile: Number one con is definitely the price. I understand the amount of resources compared to the price isn't even comparable; however, it is incredible too expensive for students and especially for ministry leaders. I own it, but I can't afford it. Originally got it working at a Christian book store and received a huge discount since we were selling the products. Second con is the amount of materials that no one should use in a sermon or paper.

Incredibly powerful Bible study tools!

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Church Arranging Board Member
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Really fantastic. I wish that they would make software like this more available to more people by making it less expensive. In my opinion it's not right to profit to this extent when providing people the tools they need to study the Bible, but I understand they also have to cover their R&D costs.

Vorteile: It is PACKED with features. So many that you probably won't use 1/2 of them, but that's not a bad thing. It can hardly be overstated how many great features this software has to assist in big ways with Bible study.

Nachteile: The plethora of features are a bit daunting to be honest. There are features I haven't even uncovered yet, because there's so much this software can do and it's not always super easy to figure out how to use the features. But to be fair, that's on me to learn. Most of the features I've used so far really are very useful.
The software does need a pretty new/fast computer to make it easily useable, otherwise it seems to run pretty slow.
Oh yah, and it's crazy expensive!

Powerful tool

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Eric M.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall - it has been really great. The more I use it the more familiar I have become with the product.

Vorteile: It has a ton of resources that can be added and updated to the base package. The ability to type in a passage of scripture or even a word and all your resources are then brought up in an organized panel is awesome. No need to open different resources.

Nachteile: It seems a little cumbersome to use in the beginning but have some helpful tutorials. I think it can be a little overwhelming trying to choose which software package best meets your needs.

Absolute Best Bible Software Available!

Bewertet am 6.2.2020
Phil R.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love every single aspect of Logos! I use it on my phone and my desktop!

Vorteile: Where do I start??? I use Logos every day, both for my use at and during church; and for my private use when during devotions and talking with other people. I expanded my desk to include two wide screen monitors just for Logos and all the resources it contains!

Nachteile: It has to be the price... some pastors could certainly use it but the expense is hard to pay with small parishes. I've not upgraded to newer and better versions due to the pricing.

A game changer for Bible study and sermon prep

Bewertet am 18.2.2020
Steven D.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Logos for bible study and sermon preparation especially when I am away from my study.

Vorteile: It gives me quick and portable access to a vast library of theological and biblical resources, which makes it far easier to prepare sermons and Bible studies when on the go.

Nachteile: With a library my size, as I am always adding new resource, I am either forced to frequently upgrade the computer I use or deal with long loading times.

Great Software

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
David S.
Assocoate Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a great help in any study situation - preaching, teaching or studying for school!

Vorteile: Great Software with lots of info at your fingertips. As a Pastor and student having so much information all in one place is a big help. Great for Teaching, Preaching and Studying.

Nachteile: While it is a great software the cost is probably the biggest issue. While it can get a little pricey it is well worth the investment.

Love this Bible Study Tool

Bewertet am 26.12.2019
Michael S.
Finance Team Leader
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If you are someone who regularly teaches the bible, Logos is for you.

Vorteile: Multi-platform access, online, as a phone app, as a downloadable software. This is the most comprehensive bible study tool on the market. I find the tools for original language studies the most helpful. Pulls information from thousands of sources (depending on your library) and links them together based on common themes or references.

Nachteile: The various set and packages can be quite expensive - there is no savings from actually buying the print editions to these resources. What you are paying for is the search engine and integration the tool provides.

Wonderful Application

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Jon V.
Information Technology Field Technician
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being out of school for quite sometime, its nice to be able to get quick reference for passages all at my fingertips, literally.

Vorteile: I love love love Logos Bible Software. A phenomenal resource with a ton of information. I use the mobile version a ton. I love the ability to cross reference anything I'm reading about and gain further insight. I love that I can highlight passages and make notes. Such a great product.

Nachteile: What I like least about Logos is that it not very user friendly at first. I had such a hard time figuring out what features did and I would wind up opening 7 or 8 tabs worth of information and not really understanding what I was doing. After some time, I was able to understand how to search and how to get the information I wanted the first time.

Logos Bible Software

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Ashleigh P.
Customer Service Representative
Verlagswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Logos helps those study the Bible on a deeper level and helps so much with sermon preparation. As a Bible College student this was the software that dreams were made of.

Vorteile: This is a must-have tool for students studying the Bible, pastors, or anyone who wants to have easy access to amazing Bible study tools. It is the definitive resource for research and study.

Nachteile: The price!! It is so out of reach for most people and makes it so only a very exclusive clientele can afford it. I do understand all the materials and the value is there but I wish there was a more affordable option or at least a Black Friday sale.

Massive library program that does more than previous giants would have thought possible.

Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Austin H.
Assistant Headmaster

Vorteile: Logos is really incredible. It places thousands of resources at your fingertips and has them all cross-referenced and indexed. I don't know of another program that has this level of intertextuality built into the program. You can follow links and references to the works they were citing. You can build searches on top of searches. This is a one-stop-shop library program and powerful language tool all in one. They are constantly upgrading and adding features to keep Logos cutting edge. Their language tools are rapidly catching up to their competitors and there are more things possible that I am even aware of. I probably only know how to use about 15% of this software, but the benefits it brings are astronomical. I love that they are also expanding into the classics field with Not and other resources. I hope their language tools in Latin will improve to match what they have in Greek.

Nachteile: Logos is not cheap. At all. All of their resources cost significantly more than what they would cost in print. Add in the fact that I don't like reading on a screen, and I retain information far better when I can deal with the geography of a book, and that makes it a losing proposition. Their bundles inflate book numbers with filler junk that you will never use, and would never want. You will be oversold resources and features that you will never use.

Best Bible Software Package

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Gregory W.
Elder
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Logos is great for developing sermons and lesson plans!

Vorteile: This review is for Logos Bible Software, NOT for Proclaim Logos simply has the largest library available for the student. The number of tools that are available are (honestly) overwhelming, but the experienced user can master these tools quickly. It is possible to easily get lost in the weeds with Logos because the weeds are so easily gotten to. However, sometimes chasing a rabbit down its hole is worth it!

Nachteile: It can easily get very expensive. I would recommend buying sets you want or only investing in a library if just about everything it contains is something you want to add to your library. It may be more expensive to purchase individual books, but you won't get hundreds of resources you don't want/need.

von Faithlife Corporation an 12.10.2018

Gregory, thank you for this review. We appreciate it. You're correct. Purchasing libraries is definitely more cost effective than the individual titles.

If you're ever considering a larger purchase, don't hesitate to call in to our team. We're happy to help crunch the numbers and recommend the most cost-effective way to add the resources you're looking at to your library.

Good

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Igor P.
PhD candidate

Vorteile: I like the availability and practicality of the material. There are many valuable resources available there. Also, they are always offering new content and it is perceptive that they want to cover many books that are important in the field of biblical studies and theology. There is also a discount program for students, which has been helpful to get essential sources for a less high price.

Nachteile: More advanced research is still tricky. By contrast, there are many features that are possible to achieve with Bible Works that are not possible in Logos. For example, Logos is not helpful when I want to research specific lemmas and common phrases within the Hebrew Bible. It is still very dependent on traditional, though important, lexicons and theological dictionaries. It is not versatile and dynamic, though. In that case, the advanced reader needs to combine logos with Bible Works. Both are, however, very expensive.

Love the amazing array of features and the consolidation of my library into one place.

Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Chris E.
Student Life Pastor > Church Ministries Pastor

Kommentare: Financially, buying logos was challenging, but the reward was a great variety of tools. Don't buy beyond what you will use, however. Lot's of things look great, but you'll only ever use a fraction of it.

Vorteile: Love the fact that you can search across all resources and instantly pull those resources up in the links - basically like wikipedia. Saves so much time in searching out important resources. The portability of a library is also great. Being able to pick up where you left off on one device is also super useful. The extensive tools for studying the original languages are also incredibly useful - even if it takes a few hours to learn them all.

Nachteile: Slows down your computer a lot if it isn't powerful enough. Some things are not as intuitive as could be hoped, but fortunately there are really good Youtube channels to explain how to use it. The mobile app doesn't have/allow for the reading out loud option.

Logos--expensive, complex, but totally worth it

Bewertet am 7.12.2018
John M.
Teacher
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I first started using this as a bible translator and was provided it by my organization. Unfortunately, my old computer was very slow and logos caused the computer to run so slow I was unable to use it. However, with my new computer it works great! I use it regularly in my own Bible study and in my work.

Vorteile: I keep finding more and more things on there I didn't know where there! I found an entire course (with the workbook, grammar, vocabulary, and video lectures) by Mounce on Greek that i was planning to spend $150 for! I love the resources for bible translators.

Nachteile: It is kind of hard to figure out. The tutorials are good, but also very long, many, and annoyingly slow. Also, it is very good technology so it runs super slow on old computers. I feel like since it's mainly text-based things, it should find a way to have less things running at once. Also, for many Bible Translators who work in areas with bad internet, the fact that it constantly updates itself is annoying and expensive.

I have been a Logos user since 2005 and purchased while in seminary

Bewertet am 3.10.2018
Derek I.
vCIO & Founder
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It is one of my favorite bible tools for discipleship evangelism and with the latest editions of Jeff Vanderstelt materials, it went over the top!!! Highly recommend.

Vorteile: I read a book by Randy Alcorn called Money, Eternity, and Possessions about how Christians hoard books and do not get them back into circulation, and I made a decision to build an electronic library instead of the libraries I grew up with as a kid. As a biblical counselor and a passion for discipleship evangelism, this allows me to have reproducible tools at my finger tips and the ability to create quality lessons and materials with hours of work and paying retail.

Nachteile: Sometimes the pre-pubs can hit without notice otherwise great product.

von Faithlife Corporation an 12.10.2018

Derek, thank you for the review! We'll pass your note about the pre-pubs on to the team.

Immensely Powerful Study Tools And More

Bewertet am 17.8.2018
David S.
Design Director, Website Dept.
Druck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Logos opens up a huge world of exploration when it comes to studying scripture, and goes even further with complex highlighting and notation features, sermon editor and prep guides, and more. There is really nothing else like it, and I feel lucky to live in an era where this depth of study is possible at the tips of my fingers. People even just a few short decades ago could only dream of being able to access so much information in such dynamic and "smart" ways made possible by modern technology.

Nachteile: The biggest drawback is price. It is extremely expensive when you start looking at larger resource packages, and just to unlock all the features of the software. To make matters worse, the amount of different pricing tires and resource packages is dizzying. I understand they want to be flexible for different denominations and offer multiple price points of entry for different budgets, but deciding on a package is quite an undertaking that can take hours to sort out if you are at all worried about spending less than $10,000.

It is a simple and complete mobile library.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Oladayo O.
Chaplain

Kommentare: This product has made me to be more observant of things the more. Especially, all the daily applications that are essential for self development and office organization.

Vorteile: The way the software developer packaged so many features together on a platform is amazing.
In same manner, the quick search mode is linguistically loaded for beginners and advanced users.
Coupled with suggestions for quick word references is another icing on the cake.
The tracking percentages of respective books is also a side attraction.

Nachteile: Anyway, there are some features that are needed to be worked upon.
1. If the interactive surface is simplified the more.
2. A program that will be relaunched on the same platform whereby you have logged off is better for continuity in study.

Incredible Bible Software

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Jon H.
Senior Minister
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really like Logos Bible Software. I love being able to access so many commentaries in one place. I just wish I knew how to do more with it, because I know it has so much more to offer.

Vorteile: TONS of resources. It's got commentaries, dictionaries, lexicons, ebooks, and on and on. I mostly use it for the commentaries. You can search passages, and get all kinds of resources that pop up. You can also search topics, and get incredible info there, too. They also have a store where you can buy more resources, and they give away free books every month.

Nachteile: There is so much that Logos does, that what I use it for only scratches the surface of all it's capabilities. There are training videos that you can pay for to learn how to do more, but it would be nice to find some free resources to train me on how to do more. If there are free trainings, I don't know about them. Also, it is very expensive. I was able to get an incredible discount on mine almost 10 years ago, but to buy it outright is far more than I'd be willing to spend.

An investment, but definitely worth it.

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have been using Logos for 15 years, and it keeps getting better. The library I have available to me enables me to learn God's Word and teach it better than I could have done without it. Although it is quite an investment, it has been worth it for me. Would highly recommend it! My only caution would be to wait until after seminary to purchase it. I found myself relying too heavily on its tools while learning the original languages, so I didn't learn them as well as I should have. Would recommend waiting until you have a good handle on the languages before you purchase it.

Vorteile: Gives me access to more resources than I could ever use, dramatically enriching my Bible study while saving tremendous time.

Nachteile: It is expensive to purchase and keep upgraded.

Logos has changed the way I read & study God's word. I'm in Bible College & having Logos is a must!

Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Cody C.
Student/Part Time Preacher

Vorteile: Where to start? The amount of resources at the top of your finger and all in one place? The books, commentaries, and other resources that come with the base package is worth much more than what you pay. They have almost every book you would purchase on Amazon and then you can have those tools open with multiple translations of Bibles, and whatever commentaries you want to use. I write sermons using Logos and they have tools that help with that as well!

Nachteile: I wish the interface was a bit more user friendly, but I have been told by many they really like it, so it might just be me.

Exactly what a pastor needs

Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Blair P.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have enjoyed Logos significantly and would highly recommend it to any pastor or leader looking for a study resource.

Vorteile: Logos is deep and rich with valuable insight and information to help any pastor better prepare for sermons, bible studies and small groups. The search feature is very good and creates a lot of options for reading and research. There is plenty of resources here that everyday pastors' will find incredibly useful. This software saves time by having all the information in one spot and makes having a large library unnecessary. The phone app is pretty good as well, although I don't find I use it much.

Nachteile: It's a bit expensive, which will limit some from being able to access of the great features. That being said, it's worth the price if you're able to afford it. The layout is a bit clunky sometimes with several windows on one screen and I find that difficult to navigate. It could be that I use a 13" laptop but I suspect it would be the same on a larger screen. I can't say I have a different idea of how it should work so this criticism is not significant.

Logos is an invaluable tool for my ministry.

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Pastor

Kommentare: Helps me deepen my walk with Christ, my messages, and recover my time.

Vorteile: Logos allows me to write sermons with greater depth in less time by bringing all my resources in one place. With the recent addition of the Sermon Builder and integration with Faithlife Proclaim, my workflow has been streamlined even further as I can now write it, build slides, and export them without ever having to leave Logos.

Nachteile: It is pricey. I was able to purchase it at a significant discount while a student, but it can get expensive quickly. I would still say it is worth the investment!

Logos Bible Software makes my study time more productive

Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Paul R.
Pastor

Vorteile: Logos is a vast software. It allows me to access my library with a few clicks and saves me hours of time in research (or to be honest, it allows me to do research that I would otherwise skip). The functionality of the Logos apps allows me to study on my mobile device even when I am on the road.

Nachteile: The vastness is also one of Logos' drawbacks. This program huge and there are literally 2 day seminars to teach you how to use it. I will never use anywhere close to its full functionality. It also requires a very fast PC/MAC to run well.

Good, if you have the money

Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Joshua C.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love the ease of finding a lot of information about a text quickly on one screen. I also enjoy being about to work across my desktop, tablet, and phone somewhat seamlessly.

Nachteile: The software itself is expensive. Also, the resources are costly; it is almost always cheaper to buy a used commentary from the internet than to buy the same commentary in Logos. Finally, the newer version is a memory hog and runs slow, even on my fairly new laptop.