CMiC

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Rachel B.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After several years on CMiC software I would say that it is absolutely the best integrated project management and accounting ERP available. The implementation can be time consuming, but the benefits are definitely worth it. Everyone is up to date with the latest information on our projects, so it makes collaboration a breeze. Our management loves the ability to get real time accurate and detailed reports of exactly what they need to make business decisions. Great company and great software.

Vorteile: CMiC's greatest contributions to our organization are that it provides a powerful and scalable infrastructure that allows everyone to collaborate, stores all our organization's data and documents in a central location, and has excellent reporting capabilities to analyze our data. CMiC is great at getting our company to collaborate and share data. No more calling around for information or searching through files. We believe that the reports from CMiC are a significant contributing to our organizations ability to make decisions and be successful. Tip for Success: Taking the time to thoroughly review and understand the settings for each module will greatly improve your organization's experience with CMiC. Don't guess at what the settings do. Try recording the training sessions with your CMiC implementation team, so that you can review it later. Ask questions freely. And be sure sure to join CMUG, the CMiC users group. They have forums, monthly calls, demos, and are a great help.

Nachteile: The implementation process can be long. The distribution and segregation of the software settings to multiple locations makes it difficult to manage the system and troubleshoot issues. One central control panel would make it much more user friendly.

CMiC - The Future of the Construction Industry

Bewertet am 21.2.2017
Caloub H.

Kommentare: I think CMiC is a solid solution with abundant features and capabilities. We have only "unlocked" about 10% of the tool, so I hope we keep growing and leaning the CMiC solution. I wish our company used more of the program - there's so many helpful tools. The CMiC team has been a pleasure, overall, to work with. We look forward to growing with CMiC in the future.

Vorteile: People that work at CMiC, overall, are all awesome. Paul in sales, and Chet in support, are (2) especially solid individuals that come to mind. The ECM Plug In is great! That tool alone is worth CMiC. Support staff is usually very responsive when issues arise. TONS of features and capabilities! I like that CMiC has updates often - makes you feel comfortable that they're continually trying to support their clients and improve their product.

My Review

Alexandra B.
Application Engineer
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Well integrated system overall, but everyone needs to pitch in to make it great!

Vorteile: - Business Process Integration -
Job Billing module is fantastic from my experience. We can customize our contracts/bills ALMOST any way our users need (with the exception of some change order options).
- Gords passion - Constantly trying to evolve/innovate CMiC to keep up with what people. No one wants users to go and find another program to do something that they feel CMiC cannot do. Mobile and BI are some of the newer things that have kept us from having to explore other options.

Nachteile: - Performance/Speed is overall a bit slow
- We have BI in our DEV environment. It is on its way to becoming very useful for us, but it's not quite there, but I know it's still being developed. I wouldn't say that it's really the least favorite of mine, just that I am really excited to see what else is coming.

Contracts Administrator Review

Kristi T.
Contracts Administrator
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Explore as much as you can, there are so many things that this software is capable of to make your job easier!

Vorteile: I am the Contracts Administrator for Gramoll Construction Company. I use this software for many different purposes and once I have gotten the hang of some of the uses I have come to rely quite heavily on this program (when it is down I panic)!! When I have issues I have been very pleased with the support available (the most common asked questions usually will fix my problem) the customer service goes above and beyond expectations (always very friendly and helpful)! Overall I am very pleased with this software and the updates are wonderful!

Nachteile: I wish there was training more readily available...there are so many functions that I am sure that I am not utilizing but I find myself fumbling through trying to figure what they do and why.

Payroll Manager

Bewertet am 25.8.2017
Grace D.
Payroll manager
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: General payroll needs met by software. Would like to see more standard payroll reports. For data I can't get from a report, I have to download data from view screens, and create excel reports on my own. Would also like to see historical pay, hire/term/rehire data in a sub screen within the Employee Profile Maintenance screens, instead of having to go to Employee History Adjustment screen in Utilities. Three things I really like about CMiC:
1) Ability to download data to excel.
2) The system is able to recognize state reciprocity/non-reciprocity and withholding tax accordingly
3) Ability to find specific data using query operators/functions

Nachteile: User should have proficient excel knowledge to get desired data from system.

Integrated Accounting and Project Managment Solution

Luis B.
Director of Construction Technologies
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If you are an operations-oriented firm (as opposed to an accounting-driven firm), this is the right ERP system for you. It is also the best commercial construction ERP system for your dollar. Like most ERP systems and large-scale software implementations, CMiC will take significant resources, planning, and training to deploy and maintain.

Vorteile: The fact the CMiC provides an integrated platform for our accounting and operations personnel to have real-time visibility into our projects without the need for custom-built integrations is the primary reason that we switched from Viewpoint to CMiC. This also provides us with a unified database to perform real-time data analytics through our BI applications.

Nachteile: - Environment Management (patch testing, hot fixes, bugs)

Miron Construction Co., Inc - Review

Bewertet am 13.2.2017
Edward R.
Director of Technology
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been in production with CMIC for almost three years now. As we have become more adept at the function and
features, we continue to find more value and benefits to the application. We are impressed with the scope of the
application, as CMIC handles almost all aspects of our financials, human capital management and project management.
New features for mobile, dashboards & analytics and digital signature are all very positive additions to the product.

Vorteile: CMIC is highly integrated and was designed as such from the very beginning. Nothing in CMIC feels "bolted on".
The quality of the software is high and scope and breadth of the system are excellent.

Nachteile: Output & reporting is a bit weak. We are anxious to see the new dashboard and analytics feature to see if the new
module will help to address this issue.

CMiC - A Valuable Tool for Collaborating and Reporting

Rachel B.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Taking the time to thoroughly review and understand the settings for each module will greatly improve your organization's experience with CMiC. Don't guess at what the settings do. Try recording the training sessions with your CMiC implementation team, so that you can review it later. And ask questions freely.

Vorteile: CMiC is great at getting our company to collaborate and share data. Setting up CMiC was a lengthy process for us, but with CMiC's help, we were able to get to fit our needs. The most important aspect of the software for us is the reporting capabilities. We are able to access our data and provide great real-time reports and analysis. CMiC's greatest contributions to our organization are that it provides a powerful and scalable infrastructure that allows everyone to collaborate, stores all our organization's data in a central location, and has excellent reporting capabilities to analyze our data.

Nachteile: The distribution and segregation of the software settings to multiple locations makes it difficult to manage the system and troubleshoot issues. One central control panel would make it much more user friendly.

Good Work Keep it up!

Bewertet am 25.8.2017
Heather B.
Application Manager
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: For the most part, CMIC meets our needs. It has come a long way in the 11 years I have been using it and I like the direction it's going in. When ADF gets all the little nuances worked out it, it will be a great replacement for the old Forms screens. I think the JSP screens need to get a face lift next which mobile is helping with that. All in all, I've used a few other construction ERP systems and CMIC, while quirky at times, is my favorite.

Nachteile: Take the time to understand why the system is doing what it's doing. Once you understand the "why", then it makes determining your process easier. Sometimes, minor tweaks to processes can make the world of difference in how something is done and makes the process as a whole work better within the system.

CMiC Review

Jeff S.
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Just use it. It makes your job easier.

Vorteile: Three things i like about CMiC:
1) That is a universal solution, meaning it handles accounting, field operations, safety, document control, all in one place. (i'm hoping that mobile increases this functionality)
2) That is geared toward the basic functions of a general contractor (workflow is good)
3) That it appears like continual improvement of the software is a focus (technological advancement is never ending)

Nachteile: The rigidity and limited nature of the reporting. (I'm working on MIP and hopefully will soon have access to oracle or jasper reporting tools to customize reports) The 'Captive data' aspect of the JSP data entry. (How you must hit "edit", then modify/enter data, then hit 'save")

A Great Construction Enterprise Solution

Bewertet am 15.3.2017
Serena Z.
IT Director
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using CMiC since 2005 and our overall experience has been very positive. Over the years, the solution continues to evolve and is part of our competitive advantage. When implementing for the first time, it is important to redefine workflows to be consistent with the system so that the
full benefits can be achieved.

Vorteile: 1. A centralized enterprise solution that includes Finance, HR, CRM and workflow as well project management.
2. The collaboration functionality enables us to engage all project participants anywhere, anytime.
3. Integration with other applications such as Plangrid and Docusign.

Nachteile: 1. New releases sometimes result in loss of existing functionality that we have been relying on.
2. Training for new releases is not provided free of charge creating a disincentive to upgrade.

Beck CMiC Support Review

Henry C.
Senior Database Developer
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Beck is a long time user of CMIC, and we rely on the Job Costing and Job Billing modules to bill our customers. Beck uses almost all of the CMIC modules and we most recently added the 3rd Party Payment feature to our ACH and check printing procedures. We utilize the forms, JSP and ADF screens, and Beck has a large number of custom forms, JSP queries and reports. We utilize over 100 user extension forms. As a database developer, I am impressed with the open architecture of the CMIC system. We are able to do many enhancements (or implement restrictions) that might be impossible in a closed system. The CMIC system is easy to manage, and there are a large community of users and 3rd party support partners. I really get a lot of information from the annual Connect conference

Vorteile: open architecture billing options ease of management and support

Power with future in mind

Randy L.
Director of Information Technology
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CMIC is a powerful tool constantly improving. Recent conference displayed mobile, resource planning and the future thereby allowing us to react at our pace. We often lead the pack is utilizing the software suite but have taken a more relaxed state to prepare internal SOPs. We often learn about things from support and customers we didn't know saving us time and money. The past along with the future product enhancements makes the investment worth it and nothing beats an ERP suite for our industry.

Vorteile: Integrated systems, reliable with plenty of checks and balances. Room for personalization is nice feature thus not being too limited.

Nachteile: Old Oracle technologies and reliance on Java (can't wait for us to get to ADF and mobile).

A globally great product

Bewertet am 21.2.2017
Jean-christophe G.
Project Coordinator/System Admin
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CMiC is a really powerful tool. The product itself is really good. The data flows between all different modules without any problem. It is great to be able to run the pay for a week than being able to track our cost in real-time. CMiC also provides us a way to implement different standards in the company. Instead of having multiple ways of doing things, we now have "THE" way. Overall, CMiC is a great product built towards GC. CMiC does everything, or almost. It will give any construction company a clear advantage over competitor if enough time and resources are spent to make it fits the need of the company

Vorteile: Having the data in real-time for PM. ADF is a powerful technology allowing us to customize the software. Being able to import/export from Excel is great. It should be available in almost all screens. Log Builder. It does everything: payroll, AP, AR, PM, ....

CMiC - Powerful Construction Management Software

Mary D.
Administrative Assistant
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using CMiC since 2009 and was a member of the Pirtle Implementation Team. I assist with training, procedure and reports of the Project Management module. At first some new trainees can be overwhelmed, but they soon find that this software can automate many tasks and improve efficiency. Employees who have moved on to "non-CMiC" companies have expressed how much they miss the software.

Vorteile: CMiC has the capability to capture as many details as the user desires and then provides exceptional reporting capabilities. I especially appreciate the uploading of documentation to CMiC and linking it directly to applicable records.

How I View CMiC

Jackie S.
Project Manager Assistant
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My primary use is in the accounting portion of the software which at times can present a challenge but I believe it is like that with any and possibly all specific software. We always want it to be easier than it was a week ago. Some of the necessary steps seem redundant in some ways and could just be safe passages to get the end result, I do not know. For my work in this system, I can get my job done easy enough, answer questions through the available info access points accurately which is what the leader want. Is there room for improvement - Yes, when is there not?

Vorteile: The invoice data entry mod is great, whether it be registered or voucher. Kind of hard to mess that up which is nice. Vendor detail reports are key to tracking - love them and that I can get them in any format I choose.

CMiC Review

Bewertet am 7.9.2019
Project Engineer
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall i enjoy using the software not only for change order needs, but also submittals and RFIs' which makes it nice to send notifications through one system and not have to exchange multiple emails.

Vorteile: I use CMiC on all of my projects and what I like most is being able to arrange different projects and have all the respective subcontractors. To be able to handle all change orders between the owner, the GC and the subcontractors makes the project run smoothly, along with being able to determine what is proceeding, what is pending and what has been completed.

Nachteile: What I like least is that the CMiC software is very sensitive. There tends to be issues with the forecasting when a change order or Potential change item is posted which can sway the budget and what it actually is.

A Complete ERP solution

Pascal P.
Programmer
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If your team has some programming knowledge, this software can do wonders!

Vorteile: Our business, being in the construction industry, has some particular needs and protocols to respect, and CMiC offers the perfect solution. It gives us the tools we need to do most of our project management, and also provide an easy way to customize and add modules we developed ourselves.
1. Highly customizable
2. Lots of shortcuts, and navigating in the software is consistent.
3. Their development team is consistently working toward new and innovative solutions.

Nachteile: 1. Currently between 2 technologies. "Forms" is old and not well adapted for latest computing protocols. 2. "ADF", even though appealing, still has some unresolved issues.

Very Good Software

Jenn D.
IT Business Analyst
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Take your time to really test and vet through your software before rolling it out to the masses.

Vorteile: I have been using CMiC for 16 years and it has definitely evolved for the better over that time. I am looking forward to moving to the ADF platform by next year. I usually get quick responses from CMiC when I have a problem with the system. The connect user conference is also a big plus.

Nachteile: 1. The Submittal process in CMiC Collab is not easy to use 2. It is not intuitive for a new user 3. There is a lot of functionality that users still don't about

Bhavin's Review

Bhavin P.
Project Engineer
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Go through the tutorials and play around with it. It takes some time to get used to, and I can understand the frustration when something doesn't work the way you want it to.

Vorteile: CMiC's software is very user-friendly, and navigating through the software becomes easier the more you go through it. There are some redundant components with regards to submittal logs, but the tutorials CMiC offers help ease the difficult portions of the software. I like how user-friendly it is, especially for beginners that have never used the software before. It is also very adaptable and the organization throughout the software makes it easy to navigate through the different sections.

Nachteile: There is some redundancy throughout the different sections. The amount of information within each section can be a little overwhelming. Saving after each step can be a little irritating.

Overall good software

Ryan H.
Project Accountant
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Overall, CMiC is more user friendly than other project software I've used. 1) The AP Module is straightforward and user-friendly 2) The lookup module for AP and Subcontractor invoices are effective 3) The filters within the program allow for quick searches

Nachteile: There are idiosyncrasies to parts of CMiC that are not user friendly and can result in a frustrating experience. 1) Error messages provide no helpful guidance on how to correct and proceed 2) Ticket submissions often sit idle for months before resolution

CMiC's Development

Connor M.
Operations Manager
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Take time implementing the software, do not do it all at once as this was challenging.

Vorteile: We have been implementing and using CMiC now for 2 years. While challenging to implement at first, CMiC has grown into becoming an excellent communication device between field and office employees. With the added enhancement of the financials, CMiC benefits both field and office employees when tracking costs of each project. CMiC has been worth the time and money that was invested to implement the software.

Nachteile: 1. The cost and time to edit and change certain report formats.
2. Slow support time when tickets are submitted and at times it is difficult to speak with somebody.

Great for project teams

Bewertet am 29.12.2018
Engineer
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall CMiC has been beneficial in my current role. With this system I am much more efficient in tracking documents and project financials all on one platform.

Vorteile: CMiC has a tremendous amount of tools encompassed in the software. The ability for project teams to work within the software simultaneously helps to enhance the user experience. This comes in handy when you have multiple subcontractors and/or project team members who all need to view the same documents.

Nachteile: Although a great tool, CMiC is a fairly robust software. New users should be prepared to spend a good amount of time learning the ins and outside of the software to really become proficient with it.

Ashley's CMiC review

Bewertet am 15.3.2017
J-ashley N.
CMiC Systems Analyst
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using this software since 2004. CMiC has come a long way not only on functionality but in customer
service. From day one I have recommended CMiC to other Generals. I am looking forward to all the new functionality
we have yet to implement and what the future holds for CMiC and our company.

Vorteile: Integration: Accounting, Human Resources/Payroll and Project Management
Collaboration with the project team (internal & external users)

Nachteile: It is not always easy to extract the data into 'reports'
Changes/enhancements to the software can sometimes be a tedious process

One system to handle it all!

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Jean M.
Payroll Coordinator
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It can handle contracts, change orders, billing, payroll, a/r etc.

Nachteile: Very difficult to learn & I found the training lacking.....