Timely is an essential tool for my translation business

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Jennyffer P.
Freelance Translator
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Working as a freelance translator, I needed a tool to plan my daily schedule and I came across Timely. It's the best planning tool I've found so far. At a single glance, I can know if my schedule for the week/day is already full or if I can keep accepting new assignments. I also started tracking the time I spent on each of my projects, which allowed me to realise just how little time I spent actually working because ultimately my day was full of distractions. Timely has allowed me not only to keep track of my ongoing and future projects, but also to optimize my work time and it does so beautifully: it is very easy to use and visually appealing. There are tons of extra features that I don't use, such as automatic time tracking and project budgeting, but it's still perfect for what I need. Couldn't work without it!

Nachteile: Maybe, just maybe, it's a little "too large" for my needs, so to keep things minimal, a plan with just the basic features would be welcome.

Revolutionary for Time capture

Bewertet am 23.12.2019
Rick R.
Computer-Hardware, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a business owner, it is fantastic to get accurate and 'timely' submitted time sheets from staff each and every week. For the user, once you find your preferred method of capture, it is a breeze from there in.

Vorteile: The best thing about Timely is that it lets you focus on your work first, time capture second. Traditionally within an organisation with time sheets you need to constantly keep on top of your time entries or it will snowball into a big mess by the end of the week. Timely allows you to just get on with things and perhaps at the end of the week, you just approve the timesheet pre-filled for you.

Nachteile: When I sign up my staff to the software it can be a little overwhelming to get your head around things, and some have had minor teething issues with the memory app tracking. Once they get going its full steam ahead.

Lifesaver

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Siger S.
Multimedia Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It saves me a lot of money because I track time I missed otherwise. And in that way it is more fun to do!

Vorteile: I really like the memory function. Some days you are so busy you forget about tracking time (and thus missing income). But with memory I can easily see what I have done, when I have done it and how much time I spend on it. Clear overview of spend budget within projects.

Nachteile: The reporting function could use a little more branding, now it's just a standard template.

Timely Is Very Good To Use!

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
NA
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Main benefit of Timely is is the ease of use and how to get your time managed in a beneficial manner. I think Timely came up with a fantastic service that.

Vorteile: Timely is a fantastic service to use. I love their way of management with their system and how they want their users to do the same with their personal lives. You can give yourself set limits on what yo do, such as a task for your home or even school work. You can keep track of the time that you spent on your task as well. I think services like this is especially great for parents of children should use, because not only will they benefit from it, but it will help manage time as well.

Nachteile: I used this as a trial, I didn't have any complains. Timely is very simple and good to use because it will keep everyone on time and guide everyone in the right direction on getting tasks finished.

Used Timely to record time worked and tasks completed

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Ad Writer/Writing Department Manager
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Timely organizes time info visually very well.

Vorteile: I liked the way that Timely visually assembled information to be seen en mass. It made the ability to see quickly and easily where time opportunities were for our business.

Nachteile: Timely was not quite what we were looking for. It's a good program but ultimately we were unable to use it in tandem with other programs we were more committed to.

Timely helps organize my freelance time

Bewertet am 31.3.2019
Brianna d. R.
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Being in a full-time position where I track my time, I needed something different for my freelance projects. Timely solves that for me and gives me a solution where I can keep my day job and freelance separate.

Vorteile: I like planning my time toward multiple freelance by day and project, but love I can adjust time if things change. It really helps me keep track in all of the time and resources I put toward a project. I like the ability to pull reports, seeing how much time/money was planned vs. actually accrued.

Nachteile: There isn't anything that I least liked. I have used customer service once in my three years of using the service and it was pretty decent,

Automate your timesheets with Timely

Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Ella D.
founder
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: The AI memory feature of Timely is the most awesomest time tracking feature for any consultant who hates timesheeting. It tracks what you do on your computer, your appointments in Google Calendar and your location, so you can fill out your timesheets in a heartbeat. Also the customer service is great! Overall great value for your money.

Nachteile: It's very hard to come up with something.

The Search Has Ended!

Bewertet am 22.5.2019
Laura S.
Freelance Product Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I needed an accurate way of tracking my time and billing my clients across several different projects. This couldn't be easier. I've tried several different time tracking software programs, including a Google sheets extension, 17hats, Quickbooks, HoursTracker, Tsheets, and a few more. This is by far the best!

Vorteile: My favorite feature of this software is the Memory app that works with it. This app tracks the software, websites, and programs that I use throughout the workday. If I forget to set the "timer" I can always go back and click on each tracked usage and add it to a project. This also tracks time on your phone, which would also be lost time and lost money otherwise. I have captured so much additional work time that would have been lost otherwise.

Nachteile: The only thing that I wish, is that I could apply payments to the bills that I run. Also, on the shared weblink of reports, if we could also show individual line items for each project, that would be great. I can only do that through an exported report at this point.

Great Time Tracking Software

Bewertet am 10.5.2019
Joshwin G.
UI/UX Design & React Native Contractor

Vorteile: - The Memory Tracker. I liked the fact that it automatically tracked how long I was on specific websites and desktop applications. As a contractor, this made it easy for me to know how long I worked on a specific task.
- It was easy to update work periods with the associated details, like the associated project and other information.
- The reporting functionality was great. I could easily use the generated info for invoices and etc.

Nachteile: - I wish it offered the ability to create an invoice. It would have saved me a lot of time.

Time tracking for digital marketers

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Anda S.
Digital marketing manager

Vorteile: Timely is a really useful tool for my job. It tracks all the sites and apps I use on a daily basis (Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, Sketch, Photoshop etc) and helps me keep track of my work.

Nachteile: The developers are still working on a definitive version, which can actually be a good thing as they are open to feature requests.

Very handy software for time tracking

Bewertet am 1.2.2017
Gunnar B.
CEO + associate consultant
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As a consultant supporting several projects, timely is a very easy to use and quick way to keep track on time spent on each activity. I have it on my PC, MAC and iPhone, and logging time is done in seconds. It synchronises instantly across platforms provided they are online. I also use Move on my iPhone and I really look forward to have these two functions come together shortly.

Vorteile: Easy to use and always available.

Nachteile: None so far.

Ideal time tracking software for my business

Bewertet am 25.3.2019
Andy G.
Web Developer
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I can’t imagine finding a better fit for me and the way I work. Timely makes time-tracking painless and effortless.

Vorteile: It’s quick to get up and running with Timely, entering clients and projects is a breeze. Being able to add a time or money budget is handy for those fixed-price projects – and Timely will send you notifications when you’ve reached a budget milestone (50 %, 80% and 100% of the allocated budget). An essential feature for me is being able to track my timings across different devices – if I need to work on a project at home, all my timings from work are synced. I can also log in to my timesheets via a web browser, should I need to. Creating reports at the end of the month when I need to do my invoicing is also a pleasure. Timely can export to Excel or PDF. I don’t use the “Memory” feature of Timely much, but it’s been very useful on those occasions that I’ve forgotten to start a timer and need to refer back to what I was doing during that period.

Nachteile: No significant cons spring to mind. Being able to save more project colours as defaults would be handy, as I use a single colour for each client (based on their brand colours) which means opening a previous project to copy the colour, and then pasting that in for the new project.

Things I Didn't Know When I Started Freelancing

Bewertet am 31.3.2017
Kate P.
UI/UX Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I started freelancing and had been tracking my hours on scratch paper and Notes files on my phone (it sounds so obviously stupid that I did that, but I hated time trackers from my agency days. I tended to forget to use them and then had to mentally reconstruct my days). It was making my life hectic. I put off invoicing until the last second because it was stressful and I felt guilty - like I had made my hours up. Even if I knew what client I did work for, I almost never remembered to write down what I did. Timely has tools built in to help me remember to track hours, to remember what I worked on, even days later. I also volunteer and hadn't been tracking my non-billable time until Timely. Now I can see how I'm splitting my days. It's made me a better estimator for future work; I never see my own estimates and think "wow, that's way too high a number. I should lower that," because now I have it documented, including the stuff I forget to factor in, like meetings and emails. I recommend this to everyone, especially visual people. It looks just like a calendar interface so there's very little learning curve. Timely is beautiful, easy, and --dare I say it -- rewarding to use.

Vorteile: The visual, colorful, easy to use interface. The integration with Rescue Time, which helps me remember what I did.

Nachteile: None. I work in UI/UX and I have no constructive crtiticism for Timely. Well done.

Perfect for entrepreneurs

Bewertet am 25.2.2019
Elizabeth N.
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Timely has provided me with a simple and professional tool for tracking time that is cost effective and efficient. I don't need to spend a lot of time preparing back up for invoices because Timely produces a professional report that is flexible enough to be adapted to the needs of each client. It saves me so much time and is a great value for the money.

Vorteile: Timely is so easy to use and very intuitive. It is so simple to set up new clients and projects and the connection to my calendar is great. My favorite feature is the reporting function that creates professional looking billing summaries that support invoicing. (I continue to use the old reporting format as that works best for me). One unexpected benefit is how much it has helped me track how I'm using my time. Having the dashboard visual that shows how my hours have been allocated and when has been very helpful for time management.

Nachteile: It's so minor but the range in colors for projects is pretty limited.

Timely is the best thing to happen to our business!

Bewertet am 19.11.2018
Lauren A.
Business Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a medical office, we use medical documentation software so we can appropriately document and bill for services. However, when we started selling retail wellness products and offering other wellness services, using our EMR was much too cumbersome to keep track of these things - we didn't want to have to set up a whole case for someone who just came in to buy a set of weights, and most of the things that Timely does fell on me - keeping track of inventory, tracking used visits against packages, etc. When I found Timely, it almost seemed too good to be true. Other software would track inventory, but not packages. Timely not only did everything I wanted and more, but it's a user-friendly software. Very intuitive. It was easy to train my staff on the system and has taken a lot off my plate.

Vorteile: Timely tracks product inventory, package purchases, has a scheduling module, reports for sales and many other things, a place to write notes associated with each visit, and is simply easy to use.

Nachteile: The ONLY thing I'd say is that I wish if I entered a client twice, it would warn me before creating the client a second time. The good thing is that there is an option to merge customers if you realize you did create someone more than once.

Timely is my go-to app to record my consulting and board hours

Bewertet am 30.12.2017
Brian R.
Consultant
Unternehmensberatung

Vorteile: I use Timely across 3 platforms - iPhone, iPad, Mac - and all work seamlessly to keep track of my billable (and unbillable) hours. The interfaces are simple to understand and to use, and I'm much more confident in my recorded time than with other methods I've used. I appreciate how hard the Timely team works to add features to the product, and the company is responsive to my questions.

Nachteile: I pay a monthly subscription fee for unlimited project/client time tracking, which is great for Timely and would be fine for a consultant / lawyer / business owner who has multiple clients or projects to bill to. Most times I only have 1 or 2 projects on the go at once, and I'd like to see a "light" monthly fee added. If you have billable and non-billable hours for a project/client, you have to set up 2 different projects in order to properly tabulate the hours and invoice amounts. Timely's "tag" feature doesn't really work to keep billable and non-billable hours distinct when it comes time to determine how much to bill the client.

Work Efficiently

Bewertet am 1.11.2018
Business Operations Analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: There are days when I need to focus on a specific project or task and it’s very difficult not to get distracted. There are other days when I need to multi-task and juggle everything due to time and deadlines. This is why I decided to invest in a time tracking software to see how much time I spend working on specific tasks. I found Timely online and it’s phenomenal. I get this neat software to teach me to be more productive with the work I do. It has other features, but I mainly use it for this service and it has been great.

Nachteile: My main issue with Timely is sometimes it freezes and lags which means I have to reload the page. It doesn’t happen too often and thank God for that, otherwise I won’t get the accurate time I spend on my tasks.

I couldn't run my creative business without this

Bewertet am 20.2.2019
Kirby C.
Business Owner
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am making more money because I'm not losing those 15 minute client task hours anymore thanks to the memory tracker. Also, I lost my billing from months ago, and I was easily able to go back and reprint it, dig through my tracker and see where I was missing stuff. I'd lose out on more than $1,000 a month if I didn't have this feature.

Vorteile: I cannot describe how incredible it is. I am ADD and very creative. I have multiple clients and multiple contractors. The unique thing about timely is the memory tracker, which tracks my open windows, times, and even suggests clients. I never have to start and stop a clock anymore. At the end of the day, I pour a glass of wine and open the memory tracker, simply select the client, click save, and it takes me 3 minutes to MONETIZE my day! It's amazing. There are tons of other cool features, but this is my favorite one.

Nachteile: There is nothing not to like. I like it all.

Mr

Bewertet am 11.5.2017
Espen S.
Senior Consultant

Vorteile: Timely has a nice and modern interface with all the bells and whistles one has come to expect from high end services. This service is what all the others should have been. Hopeful, more integrations will be implemented so that mass adoption can start. * Planning is a very useful feature that I have not seen in other similar services.
* The ability to easily create projects; set budgets, hourly rates and so on is nice.

Nachteile: Windows(desktop Memory) and Android(App) does not seem to be prioritized as much as their OSX and iOS counterparts. This causes some frustration for me as I can see features arrive for the Apple products, but I have to wait 6 months until the Windows/Android equivalent.

Best time tracking software I've ever used

Bewertet am 8.2.2019
Flavio A.
Creative Director
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using Timely has allowed us to better visualize our business as a whole, from a high-level project and scheduling perspective down to reporting and identifying the most profitable / desired type of work to pursue in business development.

Vorteile: Timely combines a simple, intuitive interface with smart back-end features to deliver the best time tracking solution, hands down. Having used a number of different time tracking apps I was incredibly happy to find Timely - it's user interface is beautiful, the tracking and reporting tools are simple and easy to use and the product team is continuously evolving the platform, adding new features and improving the system.

Nachteile: Minor glitches when saving changes, which rarely ever happen.

Really loving Timely on all of my Apple devices

Bewertet am 5.4.2017
Brian R.
Management Consultant
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been a Timely user for a couple of years now, and the product has matured nicely. It has loads of features to help me keep track of work I'm doing for different clients, and the reporting feature makes end-of-month invoicing pretty painless. I use Timely on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook, and everything transfers from one device to the other seamlessly. A great product! I highly recommend it!

Vorteile: Extremely easy to use across different devices. Customer support is great on the few times I've needed it.

Nachteile: I don't dislike anything. The company is good about bringing out new features, which I appreciate. Keep evolving the product!

Free time tracking app

Bewertet am 28.12.2018
Jenny M.
Freelance Content Writer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Was having trouble with current time tracking apps that were either low on features or hard to look at. Timely brought a nice balance between functionality and design for scheduling my time and sticking to it.

Vorteile: As a freelancer, I rely on solid time-tracking to monitor my performance and give estimates for work, so naturally, I've used more apps than I can count. So far, Timely is my favorite. The UI, features, and glorious reports give it an extra edge over most apps I've used. You can plan out your weeks of work in advance and it displays as nicely colored blocks that you can drag and drop if you need to shuffle tasks around. (You can also choose a custom color for each block!) You can set an hourly rate for tasks or set a budget for a project and it'll tell you how much your hourly fee should be. I love how it integrates with my Google Calendar so I'm not going back and forth to see which calendar has what.

Nachteile: While I love the custom color feature, it would be great if Timely could automatically assign that color for future blocks with the same name. Another useful addition would be to move a future task to the current week without having to type it out all over again.

Timely app

Bewertet am 4.3.2019
Olli N.
DIRECTOR
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Timely has helped track timing of projects which has helped quote for new projects. From scheduling and pricing jobs it has be a pleasure using it and has become a key tool for us to use each and every day. Great interface that works great on mobile - on the go and always easy to reference any data or information you require.

Vorteile: Great interface and ease of use, it has become a really key tool for us for time tracking and scheduling work from start to finish.

Nachteile: Not many, all I would say now and again updates are released I would just like to see more quicker!

Best Time Tracker for Freelancers

Bewertet am 23.4.2019
Chelsea S.
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Whenever I have had issues, it has always been handled almost immediately, the customer service is stellar and the AI feature is the best addition. It has made my life so much easier!

Vorteile: I love the ability to review the memories of work I have completed, I have easily increased my billable hours by 20% because I'm not guessing or estimating the time I spent on certain tasks. My clients love the timesheet reports, and I love how easy it is to use!

Nachteile: That I didn't find it sooner! The only problem I have had is that my timesheet details when shared do not share the worked to-from times, but that is easily corrected by exporting to a pdf instead, it just doesn't look as pretty.

Great option for small enterprises and independent workers

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
DIgital Designer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Super satisfied with it. As a freelancer this my preferred software for time / budget tracking.

Vorteile: The simplest of its features is one I love the most: the fact that your timer can count money and not just hours/minutes/seconds. As you start a new project you define a budget and an hourly rate and that's it. The reports you can export are cool. And obviously it's new intelligent features are awesome. With a few tweaks, you connect your timely account to the software you work on usually, so it automatically tracks time by software / project.

Nachteile: Honestly, just the fact it became a paid software. It was free in the old days and it was great!