Very handy software for time tracking

Bewertet am 1.2.2017
Gunnar B.
CEO + associate consultant
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As a consultant supporting several projects, timely is a very easy to use and quick way to keep track on time spent on each activity. I have it on my PC, MAC and iPhone, and logging time is done in seconds. It synchronises instantly across platforms provided they are online. I also use Move on my iPhone and I really look forward to have these two functions come together shortly.

Vorteile: Easy to use and always available.

Nachteile: None so far.

Ideal time tracking software for my business

Bewertet am 25.3.2019
Andy G.
Web Developer
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I can’t imagine finding a better fit for me and the way I work. Timely makes time-tracking painless and effortless.

Vorteile: It’s quick to get up and running with Timely, entering clients and projects is a breeze. Being able to add a time or money budget is handy for those fixed-price projects – and Timely will send you notifications when you’ve reached a budget milestone (50 %, 80% and 100% of the allocated budget). An essential feature for me is being able to track my timings across different devices – if I need to work on a project at home, all my timings from work are synced. I can also log in to my timesheets via a web browser, should I need to. Creating reports at the end of the month when I need to do my invoicing is also a pleasure. Timely can export to Excel or PDF. I don’t use the “Memory” feature of Timely much, but it’s been very useful on those occasions that I’ve forgotten to start a timer and need to refer back to what I was doing during that period.

Nachteile: No significant cons spring to mind. Being able to save more project colours as defaults would be handy, as I use a single colour for each client (based on their brand colours) which means opening a previous project to copy the colour, and then pasting that in for the new project.

Things I Didn't Know When I Started Freelancing

Bewertet am 31.3.2017
Kate P.
UI/UX Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I started freelancing and had been tracking my hours on scratch paper and Notes files on my phone (it sounds so obviously stupid that I did that, but I hated time trackers from my agency days. I tended to forget to use them and then had to mentally reconstruct my days). It was making my life hectic. I put off invoicing until the last second because it was stressful and I felt guilty - like I had made my hours up. Even if I knew what client I did work for, I almost never remembered to write down what I did. Timely has tools built in to help me remember to track hours, to remember what I worked on, even days later. I also volunteer and hadn't been tracking my non-billable time until Timely. Now I can see how I'm splitting my days. It's made me a better estimator for future work; I never see my own estimates and think "wow, that's way too high a number. I should lower that," because now I have it documented, including the stuff I forget to factor in, like meetings and emails. I recommend this to everyone, especially visual people. It looks just like a calendar interface so there's very little learning curve. Timely is beautiful, easy, and --dare I say it -- rewarding to use.

Vorteile: The visual, colorful, easy to use interface. The integration with Rescue Time, which helps me remember what I did.

Nachteile: None. I work in UI/UX and I have no constructive crtiticism for Timely. Well done.

Timely is an essential tool for my translation business

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Jennyffer P.
Freelance Translator
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Working as a freelance translator, I needed a tool to plan my daily schedule and I came across Timely. It's the best planning tool I've found so far. At a single glance, I can know if my schedule for the week/day is already full or if I can keep accepting new assignments. I also started tracking the time I spent on each of my projects, which allowed me to realise just how little time I spent actually working because ultimately my day was full of distractions. Timely has allowed me not only to keep track of my ongoing and future projects, but also to optimize my work time and it does so beautifully: it is very easy to use and visually appealing. There are tons of extra features that I don't use, such as automatic time tracking and project budgeting, but it's still perfect for what I need. Couldn't work without it!

Nachteile: Maybe, just maybe, it's a little "too large" for my needs, so to keep things minimal, a plan with just the basic features would be welcome.

Perfect for entrepreneurs

Bewertet am 25.2.2019
Elizabeth N.
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Timely has provided me with a simple and professional tool for tracking time that is cost effective and efficient. I don't need to spend a lot of time preparing back up for invoices because Timely produces a professional report that is flexible enough to be adapted to the needs of each client. It saves me so much time and is a great value for the money.

Vorteile: Timely is so easy to use and very intuitive. It is so simple to set up new clients and projects and the connection to my calendar is great. My favorite feature is the reporting function that creates professional looking billing summaries that support invoicing. (I continue to use the old reporting format as that works best for me). One unexpected benefit is how much it has helped me track how I'm using my time. Having the dashboard visual that shows how my hours have been allocated and when has been very helpful for time management.

Nachteile: It's so minor but the range in colors for projects is pretty limited.

Timely is the best thing to happen to our business!

Bewertet am 19.11.2018
Lauren A.
Business Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a medical office, we use medical documentation software so we can appropriately document and bill for services. However, when we started selling retail wellness products and offering other wellness services, using our EMR was much too cumbersome to keep track of these things - we didn't want to have to set up a whole case for someone who just came in to buy a set of weights, and most of the things that Timely does fell on me - keeping track of inventory, tracking used visits against packages, etc. When I found Timely, it almost seemed too good to be true. Other software would track inventory, but not packages. Timely not only did everything I wanted and more, but it's a user-friendly software. Very intuitive. It was easy to train my staff on the system and has taken a lot off my plate.

Vorteile: Timely tracks product inventory, package purchases, has a scheduling module, reports for sales and many other things, a place to write notes associated with each visit, and is simply easy to use.

Nachteile: The ONLY thing I'd say is that I wish if I entered a client twice, it would warn me before creating the client a second time. The good thing is that there is an option to merge customers if you realize you did create someone more than once.

Lifesaver

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Siger S.
Multimedia Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It saves me a lot of money because I track time I missed otherwise. And in that way it is more fun to do!

Vorteile: I really like the memory function. Some days you are so busy you forget about tracking time (and thus missing income). But with memory I can easily see what I have done, when I have done it and how much time I spend on it. Clear overview of spend budget within projects.

Nachteile: The reporting function could use a little more branding, now it's just a standard template.

Timely is my go-to app to record my consulting and board hours

Bewertet am 30.12.2017
Brian R.
Consultant
Unternehmensberatung

Vorteile: I use Timely across 3 platforms - iPhone, iPad, Mac - and all work seamlessly to keep track of my billable (and unbillable) hours. The interfaces are simple to understand and to use, and I'm much more confident in my recorded time than with other methods I've used. I appreciate how hard the Timely team works to add features to the product, and the company is responsive to my questions.

Nachteile: I pay a monthly subscription fee for unlimited project/client time tracking, which is great for Timely and would be fine for a consultant / lawyer / business owner who has multiple clients or projects to bill to. Most times I only have 1 or 2 projects on the go at once, and I'd like to see a "light" monthly fee added. If you have billable and non-billable hours for a project/client, you have to set up 2 different projects in order to properly tabulate the hours and invoice amounts. Timely's "tag" feature doesn't really work to keep billable and non-billable hours distinct when it comes time to determine how much to bill the client.

Timely helps organize my freelance time

Bewertet am 31.3.2019
Brianna d. R.
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Being in a full-time position where I track my time, I needed something different for my freelance projects. Timely solves that for me and gives me a solution where I can keep my day job and freelance separate.

Vorteile: I like planning my time toward multiple freelance by day and project, but love I can adjust time if things change. It really helps me keep track in all of the time and resources I put toward a project. I like the ability to pull reports, seeing how much time/money was planned vs. actually accrued.

Nachteile: There isn't anything that I least liked. I have used customer service once in my three years of using the service and it was pretty decent,

Work Efficiently

Bewertet am 1.11.2018
Business Operations Analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: There are days when I need to focus on a specific project or task and it’s very difficult not to get distracted. There are other days when I need to multi-task and juggle everything due to time and deadlines. This is why I decided to invest in a time tracking software to see how much time I spend working on specific tasks. I found Timely online and it’s phenomenal. I get this neat software to teach me to be more productive with the work I do. It has other features, but I mainly use it for this service and it has been great.

Nachteile: My main issue with Timely is sometimes it freezes and lags which means I have to reload the page. It doesn’t happen too often and thank God for that, otherwise I won’t get the accurate time I spend on my tasks.

I couldn't run my creative business without this

Bewertet am 20.2.2019
Kirby C.
Business Owner
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am making more money because I'm not losing those 15 minute client task hours anymore thanks to the memory tracker. Also, I lost my billing from months ago, and I was easily able to go back and reprint it, dig through my tracker and see where I was missing stuff. I'd lose out on more than $1,000 a month if I didn't have this feature.

Vorteile: I cannot describe how incredible it is. I am ADD and very creative. I have multiple clients and multiple contractors. The unique thing about timely is the memory tracker, which tracks my open windows, times, and even suggests clients. I never have to start and stop a clock anymore. At the end of the day, I pour a glass of wine and open the memory tracker, simply select the client, click save, and it takes me 3 minutes to MONETIZE my day! It's amazing. There are tons of other cool features, but this is my favorite one.

Nachteile: There is nothing not to like. I like it all.

Mr

Bewertet am 11.5.2017
Espen S.
Senior Consultant

Vorteile: Timely has a nice and modern interface with all the bells and whistles one has come to expect from high end services. This service is what all the others should have been. Hopeful, more integrations will be implemented so that mass adoption can start. * Planning is a very useful feature that I have not seen in other similar services.
* The ability to easily create projects; set budgets, hourly rates and so on is nice.

Nachteile: Windows(desktop Memory) and Android(App) does not seem to be prioritized as much as their OSX and iOS counterparts. This causes some frustration for me as I can see features arrive for the Apple products, but I have to wait 6 months until the Windows/Android equivalent.

Best time tracking software I've ever used

Bewertet am 8.2.2019
Flavio A.
Creative Director
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using Timely has allowed us to better visualize our business as a whole, from a high-level project and scheduling perspective down to reporting and identifying the most profitable / desired type of work to pursue in business development.

Vorteile: Timely combines a simple, intuitive interface with smart back-end features to deliver the best time tracking solution, hands down. Having used a number of different time tracking apps I was incredibly happy to find Timely - it's user interface is beautiful, the tracking and reporting tools are simple and easy to use and the product team is continuously evolving the platform, adding new features and improving the system.

Nachteile: Minor glitches when saving changes, which rarely ever happen.

Really loving Timely on all of my Apple devices

Bewertet am 5.4.2017
Brian R.
Management Consultant
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been a Timely user for a couple of years now, and the product has matured nicely. It has loads of features to help me keep track of work I'm doing for different clients, and the reporting feature makes end-of-month invoicing pretty painless. I use Timely on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook, and everything transfers from one device to the other seamlessly. A great product! I highly recommend it!

Vorteile: Extremely easy to use across different devices. Customer support is great on the few times I've needed it.

Nachteile: I don't dislike anything. The company is good about bringing out new features, which I appreciate. Keep evolving the product!

Free time tracking app

Bewertet am 28.12.2018
Jenny M.
Freelance Content Writer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Was having trouble with current time tracking apps that were either low on features or hard to look at. Timely brought a nice balance between functionality and design for scheduling my time and sticking to it.

Vorteile: As a freelancer, I rely on solid time-tracking to monitor my performance and give estimates for work, so naturally, I've used more apps than I can count. So far, Timely is my favorite. The UI, features, and glorious reports give it an extra edge over most apps I've used. You can plan out your weeks of work in advance and it displays as nicely colored blocks that you can drag and drop if you need to shuffle tasks around. (You can also choose a custom color for each block!) You can set an hourly rate for tasks or set a budget for a project and it'll tell you how much your hourly fee should be. I love how it integrates with my Google Calendar so I'm not going back and forth to see which calendar has what.

Nachteile: While I love the custom color feature, it would be great if Timely could automatically assign that color for future blocks with the same name. Another useful addition would be to move a future task to the current week without having to type it out all over again.

Timely app

Bewertet am 4.3.2019
Olli N.
DIRECTOR
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Timely has helped track timing of projects which has helped quote for new projects. From scheduling and pricing jobs it has be a pleasure using it and has become a key tool for us to use each and every day. Great interface that works great on mobile - on the go and always easy to reference any data or information you require.

Vorteile: Great interface and ease of use, it has become a really key tool for us for time tracking and scheduling work from start to finish.

Nachteile: Not many, all I would say now and again updates are released I would just like to see more quicker!

Best Time Tracker for Freelancers

Bewertet am 23.4.2019
Chelsea S.
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Whenever I have had issues, it has always been handled almost immediately, the customer service is stellar and the AI feature is the best addition. It has made my life so much easier!

Vorteile: I love the ability to review the memories of work I have completed, I have easily increased my billable hours by 20% because I'm not guessing or estimating the time I spent on certain tasks. My clients love the timesheet reports, and I love how easy it is to use!

Nachteile: That I didn't find it sooner! The only problem I have had is that my timesheet details when shared do not share the worked to-from times, but that is easily corrected by exporting to a pdf instead, it just doesn't look as pretty.

Great option for small enterprises and independent workers

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
DIgital Designer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Super satisfied with it. As a freelancer this my preferred software for time / budget tracking.

Vorteile: The simplest of its features is one I love the most: the fact that your timer can count money and not just hours/minutes/seconds. As you start a new project you define a budget and an hourly rate and that's it. The reports you can export are cool. And obviously it's new intelligent features are awesome. With a few tweaks, you connect your timely account to the software you work on usually, so it automatically tracks time by software / project.

Nachteile: Honestly, just the fact it became a paid software. It was free in the old days and it was great!

An all round great product thats really helped my admin and billing.

Bewertet am 20.1.2017
Jim F.
Creative lead
Animation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Timely for years now, and its completely transformed my billing and process. When I first started to use it, i was a freelancer, so found it extremely useful to log the precise timings of the varied jobs I had to work on throughout a day. Now I look after a team and spend much more time on Skype and in email and such, which is harder to bill. However with the introduction of the new day planner and connected apps, I plugged in Rescuetime and Trello. Now and a don't miss a single task during the day. Timely is the first app I open in the morning. Great work guys. Keep it up!

Integral to my freelance process

Bewertet am 13.3.2017
Alex D.
Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use this all day every day. It has not only allowed me to help keep an accurate record of my freelance hours , but it is pretty and satisfying to use. Seeing my custom color palette blocks grow along with the weekly balance is the progress I need to keep going. There are times when it can be slightly glitchy (I use it on Chrome), but nothing a simple refresh can't handle. Also, the continuing updates and upgrades are only increasing how seamlessly this is integrated into my workflow.

Vorteile: The colors (I wish I could set my own standard palette, tho!); the balance up top, the flexibility

Nachteile: Sometimes it glitches and doesn't save my changes. I wish I could set a budget for a project and when it runs out, no more is added to my balance (because that's how my flat rate projects work in real life -- even though it is useful to know how long I have worked over my budget)

This helps me keep track of all my hours at different rates for all my contracts

Bewertet am 14.6.2017
Waqar M.
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Ease of billing my clients accurately, hours of work and what was done for each period.

Vorteile: Organizing hours by client, contract; exporting to excel; ease of use; able to use across ALL my devices; accessible from anywhere.

Nachteile: Filtering for specific contracts in the reporting environment is a little clunky - not easy to select just one contract as the window disappears and you have to reselect it to get in and pick the e-contract of interest.

Automate your timesheets with Timely

Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Ella D.
founder
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: The AI memory feature of Timely is the most awesomest time tracking feature for any consultant who hates timesheeting. It tracks what you do on your computer, your appointments in Google Calendar and your location, so you can fill out your timesheets in a heartbeat. Also the customer service is great! Overall great value for your money.

Nachteile: It's very hard to come up with something.

Very easy to use

Bewertet am 4.3.2019
Programmentwicklung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've done time tracking with several different apps and Timely is the app that lets me spend the least amount of time on time tracking while it also gives me the reports I need for it to be useful.

Vorteile: - Easy to use
- Spend less time tracking hours
- Good reports that's used both for invoicing clients and track projects

Nachteile: - Time tracking simply isn't fun.
- Would've been good with a recurring budget for projects

Timely a great tool for time tracking and project management

Bewertet am 11.1.2019
Ally S.
Auditor

Kommentare: We can now manage our every projects remotely using Timely as it is cloud based and can be used on all devices

Vorteile: Timely is a great tool to manage time and increase profitability on a project, it is a well recommended tool for project managers. We are using this tool to manage our various offshore projects. The feature set is so good that we are really happy as we get all the needy features like time tracking, profit/loss tracking, task assigning etc. Timely is a great platform to manage a project in all aspects. We are really happy with their service too.

Nachteile: The only problem that I see is with the pricing plans, please try to make it more advanced so as to keep with the new trends.

Fantastic Time Tracking

Bewertet am 10.4.2017
Richard P.
Photo-artist and writer
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: After comparing every time tracker imaginable, this one is by far my favorite, and the most attractive. The features are perfectly balanced to make it super-easy to use, and setup. The overlapping expected vs. actual time function is a VERY useful and easy way to see how you can manage your time better. The web UI is fantastic and beautiful, too, and the Memory function makes a clear and most useful timeline record. Sync between devices is flawless, and the Apple Watch app makes it always available. In my opinion, this is one of the best software companies in the world today.

Vorteile: Beautiful: As an artist-type, attractive software is important to me. Super easy to use and to make the initial setup. Fun to use: makes a person want to use it. Useful: very easy to read data without using up all your cognitive-abilities trying to figure it out.

Nachteile: Price, although the discount you provided helps :-)