Filtern nach:

Über SmartAdvocate

Fallmanagementanwendung für Anwälte und Juristen.

Erfahre mehr über SmartAdvocate

Joe A.
Joe A.
System Administrator in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

One of our tools for success

Kommentare: The problem of inefficiency corrects itself with many of SmartAdvocate's customizations and automation. For example, we are expediting electronic contracts/agreements to clients via text message and email, whereas other firms are still stuck on paper contracts. Never would I have thought clients would embrace technology, like the use of text over email. Yes, snail mail still has a role and a place, but the practicality and adaptiveness text messages give clients is excellent. This program stays relevant at the speed of shifts and trends, as well as changes with technology.

Our personal injury law firm switched from Needles to Smart Advocate about three years ago. The amount of growth we've had plays largely thanks to this case management software, especially after Covid-19 hit. This software made the transition from working in the office to working from home almost effortless. Our staff never missed a beat, and our clients never realize the change happened virtually overnight. While other firms struggled with technological, let alone case management issues, for us, it was business as usual. With Smart Advocate's features, updates, support, and innovation, there is no other way but growth. It's a powerhouse of a tool for great staff, which gives clients the most significant outcome.

There is not much to dislike, but there is always room for improvement. That said, when a dislike does arise, reaching out to SmartAdvocate usually remedies our dislikes. For example, the recommendation was to set up multiplaintiff parties under one case number. We tried that out and realized that would not work for our reporting and usage needs. Their development team quickly remedied a solution for each party to work with one case number while still giving us the linking ability needed for multi-party cases.

Susan P.
Susan P.
Operations Manager in Kanada

Intuitive & Robust

Kommentare: Much more effective reporting on intake, client contact, and staff management. Very effective case browsing and searching. Implementing SmartAdvocate has allowed us to move much closer to a "less paper" work environment.

I love the templates in SA. They are easy to create and administer as well as user friendly. I also really like the searchability of each window, particularly documents.

I like the UDF Editor, except for the way that items are re-ordered. It would be easier if there was a way to drag and drop to put the items in the order you want.

Andrew C.
senior partner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

not as flexible as I told it would be

Kommentare: case management of arbitrations status reports

assists with arbitration and personal injury departments / used and understood by all employees /

does not assist enough; limited capacities salespeople made promises that they could not keep overpriced for its value

Antwort von SmartAdvocate

We are surprised by this review and have reached out to Mr. Costella. As I wrote to Mr. Costella: "Your comments that the system "does not assist enough" and has "limited capacities" frankly caught me by surprise. We pride ourselves on the fact that SmartAdvocate is the most comprehensive and full featured case management software system on the market. There seems to be a disconnect here, one that we want to resolve. We want you to be satisfied and get everything you should out of the system." We hope to get a more detailed understanding of criticism and see how we can help them to get more out of the many features and capabilities contained in the system.

Selena T.
Administrative Manager in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Dynamic, effective, and efficient software!

Hi! My name is Selena. We've been using SA for over a year. This software can be either cloud or server based. Our office has cloud, so I can work from anywhere with just my log in. Also have Smart Advocate on my phone so I can see cases even when I'm not near a computer/laptop. Also it makes managing cases so easy with all the reports you can run and dashboards you can customize. You can run reports on financial information, calendar, outstanding fees, and you can have the reports generated and emailed to you automatically.

Integrating documents and learning the plug ins was a little difficult for my office but once practiced a few times we got the hang of it.

Arren W.
Anwaltskanzlei, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A great case management tool for any office.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Our office has been able to keep much better track of cases with Smart Advocate, specifically calendaring. Everything is in ONE PLACE and very easy to find. Additionally, the document production portion has been wonderful. We are not re-creating the wheel everytime we want to send something to a client, opposing counsel, or the court.

The user interface of SmartAdvocate is much easier than the many competitors out there. Not only do the capabilities outweigh other platforms, but the training and assistance we have received in our office has been excellent. Everything is easily able to be found in one place and the templates for document production have saved us countless hours of work.

There is not much I don't like about SmartAdvocate. Every time I have had a question about a capability, it seems that it already exists or has been easily able to be integrated.

Brian F.
Law Clerk in USA

Comprehensive Case Management and Endless Ability to Customize

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, the software is a powerful tool to help with the day-to-day management of a large caseload.

The ability to customize every feature to best fit our needs. The quick responses from SmartAdvocate support and their willingness to listen to suggested changes. The reporting features are robust and also customizable, so that even when you are requested to produce a very specific report, with a little work, it is possible.

The steep learning curve to get started. Out of the box, SmartAdvocate needs a lot of work in order to get running in a manner that works well for your firm. However, the time and effort is assuredly worth it.

Nicholas j.n. S.
Nicholas j.n. S.
Associate Attorney in USA

Smart Advocate is a Competent Case Management Software Catered to your Needs

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Smart Advocate has allowed my firm to automate significant portions of our pre-litigation practice which is a huge time-saver. As we continue to learn about Smart Advocate's features and further develop our use of it, the logistics of our practice has been improved significantly .

Smart Advocate easily integrated into our firm with a relatively seamless transition from our prior case management software. Since then, Smart Advocate has been easy to pick up and learn and its wide breadth of features makes customizing the program to our specific practice worth taking the extra time to learn.

Not all litigation management tabs in Smart Advocate are self-explanatory, requiring a dedicated support person who is intimately familiar with Smart Advocate to wade through feature functionality at times.

Laura B.
Operations Manager in USA
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Smart Advocate is a Winner!

Kommentare: My 4 years of experience with Smart Advocate has been a positive experience. Over the course of the last 4 years this software has allowed us to grow without the normal growing pains. The automation and dashboard reporting are amazing tools to manage cases and personnel with a few clicks. We are better able to communicate with our clients using automation tools, have streamlined work processes using workplans and have been able to maintain labor costs even during growth due to the specific use of workplans. I had been a Needles user for several years prior to using Smart Advocate and hands down this is a winner.

Ease of use, intuitive nature of program. Automation and dashboards.

Inability to write custom reports and intake functionality.

Steve M.
President in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Life changing practice management software

Kommentare: The SmartAdvocate support team is amazing and very responsive. You have to be patient with any software product that you launch, but the team at SmartAdvocate has seen it all and they will solve any issue quickly.

SmartAdvocate has all of the tools necessary to successfully operate a personal injury law firm with incredible efficiency. The ability to text and esign right from within the program is a game changer in terms of client satisfaction. Ordering medical records is simplified to a few clicks and tracking those requests is totally transparent. A huge benefit of SmartAdvocate is that they are not new to the space which gives them a huge advantage over their competitors because they know what makes a PI firm tick.

You have to be committed to SmartAdvocate and it will pay to back handsomely. If you take the extra seconds to input the data, it’s well worth it.

Stacey O.
Managing Partner in USA

Great Product

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Customer support is amazing, and the product itself delivers.

We have been using Smart Advocate for roughly 7 years for our case management software. It has streamlined our practice and is a great tool to manage both our cases and our team.

The lack of ability to seamlessly handle single event accident cases involving multiple parties.

Jonathan P.
Pre-Litigation Director in USA

Unequivocally Amazing

Kommentare: Smart Advocate has helped us be more efficient, and more detailed. Because there is a place in which to put every shred of data, our employees are obtaining it. Before Smart Advocate, employees would get busy and forget to ask our clients for the little details. Since Smart Advocate has the option to build your own workplans, we can put every required detail in as an automatic task which reminds/requires the employees to get that information.

Smart Advocate is completely customizable, optionally automated, and such a time saver. If you have ever said to yourself "there must be a better/easier/quicker way" to do something, Smart Advocate likely has the solution in place already. If you do have an idea that they're not doing yet, they are always at the ready to create and implement new solutions. More than a business, they become family! Customer service is top notch!

If there is anything to dislike, it's that I don't have enough time in the day to learn and utilize everything they offer.

Lauren S.
Paralegal in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, not always user-friendly. VERY detailed which can be a good or bad thing

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Organizational problems solved with SmartAdvocate. The best benefit to Smart Advocate is when you actually use all of its functions and input all the information in its necessary place/fill out all the fields, it makes life very easy.

That you can add almost ANY detail to the case to SA that is separated into so many different categories to find info about the case. I love how it can be connected to our Outlook email to send/set tasks or email tasks to anyone. If all the information is inputted into the correct places, it can be VERY helpful. Love how it puts all the info into the template for you.

It can be overwhelming the amount of information that SA shows/requires to fill out for the case. Not always user friendly...especially if you are still learning how to use SA and ALL of its features. I do not like when searching for a client in search bar that multiple tabs open up and can make the screen overwhelming to look at with multiple tabs. It is both a good and a bad thing how much information can be stored into SA. I wish the dashboard was easier to read, too crowded.

Justin V.
Partner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Tailor made to meet our needs

Kommentare: SmartAdvocate is simply the best case management software out there. It's great to finally use a program designed for Plaintiff's personal injury practice. The ease of use in generating forms, managing the calendar & statutes, tracking the status of cases, and easily accessing documents is phenominal. We've become so much more efficient thanks to this program.

Features of this program are specifically tailored to meet the needs of a plaintiff's personal injury practice. Makes keeping up with deadlines and workflow between staff members incredibly easy. Ultimately makes us much more efficient.

The interface could be a little more intuitive in places, but generally very user friendly.

Antwort von SmartAdvocate

Justin, Thank you for your great review of SmartAdvocate. The reason you feel so comfortable using SmartAdvocate is SmartAdvocate was designed hands-on by and for litigation attorneys and paralegals and only became a retail product many years later. As you know, SmartAdvocate has been listening very carefully to its clients and issues 3 releases per year with over 300 enhancements PER RELEASE. We will be contacting you to get your suggestions on what we can do to make SmartAdvocate even better. Thanks again, Jerry

Philip F.
Partner in
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

The only Personal Injury Case Management Software to consider

Kommentare: I recently installed SmartAdvocate after switching from software for which I paid $5,000 just 11 months ago. I thought the software I had was extremely powerful but my partner didn't think it was easy to use. The admin side was even more difficult. I am the one who created template documents, especially since it was extremely complicated requiring 26 separate steps to save a template document after it was created. I can honestly say I'm excited about SmartAdvocate. SmartAdvocate is not only much more powerful than my previous software, but it's very easy to use. My partner is also excited because he found it easy to learn how to use. It's not only easy to learn but it's also easy to enter data. It has time-saving features such as when entering a zip code, the town and state is automatically populated in the appropriate fields. The admin side is also easy to use. One of the most critical aspects, creating template documents, is now extremely simple. After creating a template document, you just save it like a regular word document. No more multiple steps to save a template document. SmartAdvocate is more powerful than any other software in every respect from the number of available merge codes to the information provided in the dashboards. It's also extremely customizable. There are so many features that I couldn't possibly go into all of them here. However, the first four and probably most important categories to look at is ease of creating and saving template documents; the number of merge codes available; ease of use; and the information displayed in the dashboard. Only SmartAdvocate wins all four categories. One of the reasons that make SmartAdvocate different from most of the other case management software is that SmartAdvocate has been designed, for over 10 years, specifically for personal injury by a very large personal injury law firm. They currently have 7 programmers and customer support couldn't be better. I have have had issues corrected and suggestions implemented within minutes of my call or email. I have been using personal injury case management software since 1992 with a 100% personal injury practice in NY. I currently have over 200 websites which I built and maintain. I have more experience than I would like de-hacking phising files from websites and I have designed my own software including personal injury lead capture software and software for the mortgage industry.

Emily M.
Legal Assistant in USA
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

SmartAdvocate is useful for a large case load

Kommentare: Overall it's a good system, it just takes some getting use too.

I love the many diffrent ways we can pull-up a client, that my be in SA (Thats what we call it), wrong. I also, like the feature to look for someone by their first name. You just use *and name. Takes out a lot of guess work. Great feature!

I'm not real wild about, how many steps it takes to attach documents in the system.

Eric P.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

It has been a first class experience working with Smart Advocate. I am a very satisfied customer!

Kommentare: This is the best case management program on the market for a personal injury practice.

I love the ease of use of the program. I love the case wizard which allows my staff to quickly set up a new matter in the program. I love the customization of the program to make it work for my particular practice and my jurisdiction. I love the document management capability of the program and the extension merge codes that make template generation and the preparation of form documents smooth and seamless. The report capabilities are tremendous to bring up the information to review all stages of a matter. The custom user defined fields allow the firm to be able to capture any particular piece of information that we feel is vital to the management of our cases for our clients. i am tried numerous case management programs for my firm over the last 25 years. There is none in my opinion that comes close to Smart Advocate.

None as of the time of this writing. i have not encountered any problems with the software that would cause me to comment on it at this time.

Joseph R.
Joseph R.
Intake Paralegal in USA

SA is Effective and Easy to use

Kommentare: Great, as someone who came into an office job for the first time, using this software has been easy, and is very helpful in organization.

This software is easy to learn and use. It does a great job of keeping things organized and has lots of options for easy accessibility.

Sometimes it can load slow, and customer support is not the best, sometimes needing to wait long times for response or follow up on submitted issues.

Natalie F.
paralegal in USA

Effect & Easy to understand Case Management System

Smart Advocate is an easy and self-explanatory case management system. Once you get accustomed to using inputting all the details, it helps a lot throughout all the stages of the case. Smart Advocate has helped us keep better track of all the deadlines. The note section specifically is helping everyone who needs to know the details of the case, what is going on, and should the client call and have any questions; anyone can help them once they read the notes on the case

No longer being able to add a new contact from disbursements directly. Also, not being able to save a word document from my Microsoft Word directly onto Smart Advocate.

Managing Partner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent case management system and terrific customer support

Kommentare: I have found SA to be more robust and user friendly as compared to our prior CMS (Needles). Moreover, the staff at SmartAdvocate has been an amazing resource for helping us to integrate into the new system, and where we ask, help us to create numerous functionalities that allow SmartAdvocate to function in a way that works best for our specific firm. I can't imagine a better group to work with and I have found SmartAdvocate to be robust and superior to anything I have used before. I also spent a tremendous amount of time with demos on other CMS systems and believed (and still believe) SmartAdvocate is the best of the bunch.

* Dashboards and overall reporting functionality. * Bar coding for documents. * Integrations that allow for texting, faxing, etc. directly out of SmartAdvocate. * The summary page for each case allows you to quickly see all highlights of a case with a quick glance.

Like any new system, there is a learning curve which created some challenged, but once you have figured things out (and the SA team did help with plenty of support for my office), the system greatly surpasses Needles.

Hilari B.
Paralegal Manager in USA

Intuitive legal software with great customizations available and support

Intuitive legal software with great customizations available and support

Some features are difficult to customize and implement but great support if needed

Patty H.
Executive Secretary in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great for going paperless!

Kommentare: Customer service has been great. They are always quick to respond to my questions. They also have frequent training webinars to help learn the many many features.

I really like the added features for attaching documents that are applicable in that particular setting. We have been transitioning to going more paperless and SmartAdvocate is great for that! I like all the extra functionality it provides

Runs slow sometimes. For the most part it functions well but occasionally seems to get stuck

Juan B.

incredibly versatile and customizable

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Much better organizing and reporting than what I'm used to (Needles)

It can be customized to fit the needs of the user, just as much as the practice area.

Document saving is more difficult than it needs to be. As documents have to be transferred to the SA platform, they lose the original metadata source, which can be very important in a legal setting.

Hemily F.
Paralegal in USA

AMAZING AMAZING AND NOTHING BUT AMAZING

Kommentare: I have worked with SA and their team since we got the software and I could only recommend it!

There's is so much to love but the Documents system is a big plus.

there is no Con, its all love! honestly speak with time and some guidance everything is possible.

Nicole B.
Litigation Paralegal in USA

Great Software Product

Smart Advocate makes it easy to manage a high case load effectively and efficiently. I love the lien tracking page and the medical providers tab in our build out. Smart Advocate makes it easy to keep data updated in the case files so that everything is live and accurate. I love that we can build out the product in the way that it works great for our law firm.

The product has a learning curve to it for new users, but once trained on it and playing with it people then master it.

Claudina A.
Administrative Assistant in Kanada

Good

Kommentare: Overall it's quite easy to use. SmartAdvocate hosts seminars fairly frequently which I have been finding useful. I'm new to this program and still learning. There are times when I feel like our operations in Class Actions may not fully fit in with this program, but Mass Torts seem to work well. We try to keep up to date and implement any features from the webinars as we go along.

I like that everything is in one place and that we use significantly less paper. The notes feature is great for keeping track of every interaction with the client. The search feature works well in the documents section. It is hooked up to my outlook which makes it easy to save all correspondence into the appropriate files.

When searching client names in the data base, you have to ensure there are no extra spaces or it wont come up even if it is indeed in the system.