Über SmartAdvocate

Fallmanagementanwendung für Anwälte und Juristen.

Erfahre mehr über SmartAdvocate

Smart Advocate easily integrated into our firm with a relatively seamless transition from our prior case management software.

Not many cons - design/features inclined towards Personal Injury practice.

Bewertungen zu SmartAdvocate

SmartAdvocate hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 103 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SmartAdvocate bereits verwendet?

Joe
Joe
System Administrator in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

One of our tools for success

Kommentare: The problem of inefficiency corrects itself with many of SmartAdvocate's customizations and automation. For example, we are expediting electronic contracts/agreements to clients via text message and email, whereas other firms are still stuck on paper contracts. Never would I have thought clients would embrace technology, like the use of text over email. Yes, snail mail still has a role and a place, but the practicality and adaptiveness text messages give clients is excellent. This program stays relevant at the speed of shifts and trends, as well as changes with technology.

Our personal injury law firm switched from Needles to Smart Advocate about three years ago. The amount of growth we've had plays largely thanks to this case management software, especially after Covid-19 hit. This software made the transition from working in the office to working from home almost effortless. Our staff never missed a beat, and our clients never realize the change happened virtually overnight. While other firms struggled with technological, let alone case management issues, for us, it was business as usual. With Smart Advocate's features, updates, support, and innovation, there is no other way but growth. It's a powerhouse of a tool for great staff, which gives clients the most significant outcome.

There is not much to dislike, but there is always room for improvement. That said, when a dislike does arise, reaching out to SmartAdvocate usually remedies our dislikes. For example, the recommendation was to set up multiplaintiff parties under one case number. We tried that out and realized that would not work for our reporting and usage needs. Their development team quickly remedied a solution for each party to work with one case number while still giving us the linking ability needed for multi-party cases.

Matt
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Matt's Review

How easy it is to use. Everything makes sense and easy to navigate. Love all the integration capabilities for client communication, document signing, records requests...

SmartAdvocate may already have this feature but would be nice to have some kind of document production management tool. The ability to summarize medical vists (records) is great. However, it would be nice to be able to do some mass ocr searches within medical records.

Antwort von SmartAdvocate

vor 6 Monaten

Hi Matt, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of SmartAdvocate, and we couldn't be happier that you gave us five-stars! We do have an OCR (Optical Character Recognition.) feature through one of our integration partners. Please have the firm contact your Business Development Specialist to add it to your system.

Best Software on the Market

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Best investment a firm could make. If I ever move away from my current firm, I have to take SA with me. I wish I had a SA for my personal life. The sky is the limit with what SA can do as long as you take the time to input the information needed for the software to do what it can do. But the time it takes to prepare templates; enter client/expert/medical facility information is completely worth the benefits in efficiency that SA provides

SA has made me 100x better at my job and more efficient than I thought possible. Taking the time to set up templates, auto-run reports, and input client information makes handling an extremely high case volume manageable. I love that SA can correct firm errors. For example if one of our paralegals does not report an expense to accounting, we can perform a notes search for the day of the charge and identify the case to charge the expense to.

I wish SA was able to auto-change case status and sub status based on when a specific document category and sub-category was uploaded to the documents tab. SA implements this feature with the Med Providers Tab to change the status of a medical records request from internal to received when records are uploaded. It would be nice to be able to change the status of a case based on whether a specific document has been uploaded to the document tab so that a case browse report would give you a real-time look at where each case stands without having to rely on the users manual changes.

andrew
senior partner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

not as flexible as I told it would be

Kommentare: case management of arbitrations status reports

assists with arbitration and personal injury departments / used and understood by all employees /

does not assist enough; limited capacities salespeople made promises that they could not keep overpriced for its value

Antwort von SmartAdvocate

We are surprised by this review and have reached out to Mr. Costella. As I wrote to Mr. Costella: "Your comments that the system "does not assist enough" and has "limited capacities" frankly caught me by surprise. We pride ourselves on the fact that SmartAdvocate is the most comprehensive and full featured case management software system on the market. There seems to be a disconnect here, one that we want to resolve. We want you to be satisfied and get everything you should out of the system." We hope to get a more detailed understanding of criticism and see how we can help them to get more out of the many features and capabilities contained in the system.

Justin
Case Manager Legal Assistant in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

SmartAdvocate Case Manager / Legal Assistant Review

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I enjoy the Document Handler, that allows me to view case documents, without having to actually download the documents.

It has a long download time. I have to download the document into my download folders before being able to open the document. I might have to download the same file several times. The same file will be in the download folder several times, causing the computer to run slower. It would be helpful to pull documents directly from a database, rather then having to download each time.

Susan
Susan
Operations Manager in Kanada
Rechtsberatung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Intuitive & Robust

Kommentare: Much more effective reporting on intake, client contact, and staff management. Very effective case browsing and searching. Implementing SmartAdvocate has allowed us to move much closer to a "less paper" work environment.

I love the templates in SA. They are easy to create and administer as well as user friendly. I also really like the searchability of each window, particularly documents.

I like the UDF Editor, except for the way that items are re-ordered. It would be easier if there was a way to drag and drop to put the items in the order you want.

Arren
Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A great case management tool for any office.

Kommentare: Our office has been able to keep much better track of cases with Smart Advocate, specifically calendaring. Everything is in ONE PLACE and very easy to find. Additionally, the document production portion has been wonderful. We are not re-creating the wheel everytime we want to send something to a client, opposing counsel, or the court.

The user interface of SmartAdvocate is much easier than the many competitors out there. Not only do the capabilities outweigh other platforms, but the training and assistance we have received in our office has been excellent. Everything is easily able to be found in one place and the templates for document production have saved us countless hours of work.

There is not much I don't like about SmartAdvocate. Every time I have had a question about a capability, it seems that it already exists or has been easily able to be integrated.

Brian
Law Clerk in USA
Rechtsberatung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Comprehensive Case Management and Endless Ability to Customize

Kommentare: Overall, the software is a powerful tool to help with the day-to-day management of a large caseload.

The ability to customize every feature to best fit our needs. The quick responses from SmartAdvocate support and their willingness to listen to suggested changes. The reporting features are robust and also customizable, so that even when you are requested to produce a very specific report, with a little work, it is possible.

The steep learning curve to get started. Out of the box, SmartAdvocate needs a lot of work in order to get running in a manner that works well for your firm. However, the time and effort is assuredly worth it.

Edan
attorney in USA

THE BEST CRM FOR ALL YOUR PI NEEDS

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I can not stop raving about the system these guys created, which is, by far, the best CRM for personal injury attorneys. I, Edan Darmoni, the managing attorney at Darmoni Law, would highly recommend this software to anyone in the market. I want to highlight [sensitive content hidden] fantastic technical support skills and customer service. They always tend to my needs and ensure that I am on track! THE BEST THERE IS!

Everything is just so seemless. Great system to use once you have learned all of its functions.

NOTHING AT ALL. IT IS PERFECT. WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING.

Renee
Executive Legal Assistant in USA

Updates with Using SmartAdvocate

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

I have been using SmartAdvocate for over five years now. I have learned so much more with it's use post the pandemic.

Being that i continue to learn more about SmartAdvocate, I don't have much of a con to provide as I am continuing to learn its current and new features

Sherri
Office Manager/Operations Manager in USA

Best decision made!

Kommentare: We were looking for a program to help us achieve efficiency and better productivity from our staff. I believe that we will achieve our goals in the upcoming months. I can see many good things coming since we moved over to SA.

There is too much "most liked" features of SA to list.

The calendar is not as welcoming as the remainder of the program. We would love more ability to change the view and color scheme of the calendar

Natalie
paralegal in USA

Effect & Easy to understand Case Management System

Smart Advocate is an easy and self-explanatory case management system. Once you get accustomed to using inputting all the details, it helps a lot throughout all the stages of the case. Smart Advocate has helped us keep better track of all the deadlines. The note section specifically is helping everyone who needs to know the details of the case, what is going on, and should the client call and have any questions; anyone can help them once they read the notes on the case

No longer being able to add a new contact from disbursements directly. Also, not being able to save a word document from my Microsoft Word directly onto Smart Advocate.

Patty
Executive Secretary in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great for going paperless!

Kommentare: Customer service has been great. They are always quick to respond to my questions. They also have frequent training webinars to help learn the many many features.

I really like the added features for attaching documents that are applicable in that particular setting. We have been transitioning to going more paperless and SmartAdvocate is great for that! I like all the extra functionality it provides

Runs slow sometimes. For the most part it functions well but occasionally seems to get stuck

Selena
Administrative Manager in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Dynamic, effective, and efficient software!

Hi! My name is Selena. We've been using SA for over a year. This software can be either cloud or server based. Our office has cloud, so I can work from anywhere with just my log in. Also have Smart Advocate on my phone so I can see cases even when I'm not near a computer/laptop. Also it makes managing cases so easy with all the reports you can run and dashboards you can customize. You can run reports on financial information, calendar, outstanding fees, and you can have the reports generated and emailed to you automatically.

Integrating documents and learning the plug ins was a little difficult for my office but once practiced a few times we got the hang of it.

Oowen

SA Review

Kommentare: Great experience much better than using just files on windows, makes the day to day a simple process.

The customer service is excellent! If you ever have any issues at all they are always there to help!

Changing certain dates can be a hassle, requiring you to change multiple other sections to change simple things.

Kayla
Personal Injury Legal Assistant in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Pretty user friendly once you learn the system.

Kommentare: Overall using SmartAdvocate to work and communicate with my colleagues has been very useful and user friendly once I figured out how to use the system.

I like that SmartAdvocate is that it's a web-based system, so I could access it from any web browser. It's pretty helpful that we can create barcodes to scan any type of mail-piece into Smart Advocate, and it will automatically find the file to place it in. I like being able to mark a task as "in progress" once I've started it so the attorney or paralegal that assigned me the task knows I've started it. I also like that there are templates saved for documents I can generate to send to providers.

Sometimes I wish that I didn't have to select the "type" of mail-piece I'm trying to scan in... There isn't a button for "other" for me to select, and sometimes I don't know what to label it as for the scan. Additionally, It would be great to able to search for adjusters, providers, lawyers, etc. in the system like we can do when we search for clients. It can be difficult to learn the system since there is a lot to learn, but once you know where everything is it's very simple to use.

Joshua
Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic for personal injury plaintiff firms

Kommentare: SmartAdvocate has made an enormous difference in our law firm and has helped us tremendously. The software allows you to have a bird's-eye view of everything going on in the cases and manage matters efficiently. I researched and demoed many software programs, and SmartAdvocate is by far the most superior out of all the choices.

It is very customizable but also provides an out-of-the-box turnkey solution. Everything is organized, and streamlines the process, and reduces errors by forcing your team to do things the right way every time.

None. They are constantly updating with new features to meet their customer's requests.

Bill
Legal Administrator in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Powerful. Hard to understand all the functionality available.

Kommentare: Again. I think its the right solution for us but we need more granular post implementation collaboration.

I think it's very capable but I struggle with understanding all the things it will do. Wish we had more access to SA experts to actually work with out firm on a regular basis and understand how we use it.

I am frustrated that I suspect we are not maximizing it's value.

Timothy
Technology Manager in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Automation at its Finest!

Kommentare: We've gone from calling and emailing clients ourselves to letting SA take the reins. That saved time converts to more time spent working on legal research and writing for our attorneys and new potential client outreach for our support staff.

The automated client outreach and task systems have been phenomenal. It doesn't get any better than this.

Out initial roll-out was rocky. Sometimes, features are labelled incorrectly or are not clearly defined. The automated processes rely heavily on inputting the information in the least visible parts of the application.

Austin
Austin

Seamless integration of Microsoft products

Smart advocate has an almost flawless integration with Microsoft products. Which makes tasks such as drafting document with information already prefilled from the specific case you are working on to adding emails related to the case uploaded directly into the case notes.Austin Deck

with some generated documents such as envelopes do not populate with the proper addresses or will not auto generate the actual envelope

Tanya
Accountant in USA

It's a great program

It is very user friendly and give a lot of options. The reports are great for keeping track of cases and their statuses. Note section is really awesome because we can pretty much note anything that is important for the case.

We are really happy with this program! We have not have any huge issues with anything. It is easy to learn.

Amanda
Operations Consultant in USA

White Glove Service

Kommentare: I work with all CMS in the plaintiff PI world as the company I work with consultants with law firms across the country and Canada. SA continues to know the firms they work with, truly care about their success, and ALWAYS goes over and beyond expectations! [sensitive content hidden] every single team member are top notch!

SA is detailed and easy to use. Some CMS in the industry have too many customization options. The team at SA thinks through problems and are constantly evolving the product.

SA is like buying your all time favorite car, with every bell and whistle you can imagine. It takes time to know how all the options on your new car work. Sometimes I think there should be different versions for a client. Maybe a base model to start with for firms who have never had the kind of poser SA holds.

Melanie
Melanie
IT Admin in USA

Excellent Case Management

Kommentare: After a year of use, I find that this product is a wonderful way to keep track of our mass tort clients / documents.

SmartAdvocate is end user friendly for staff. We are able to work on site or remote without any hiccups.

I would like more customizable reporting options.

Eric
Partner in USA

A very good program

Kommentare: Very pleased

Works seamlessly w a personal injury practice

Some basics like "clipboard" aren't useful, but the company is responsive to requests for features

President in USA

Great Program

Kommentare: I'm very happy

Simplicity of use and program capabilities are off the charts.

While I am very happy with the program, I would like it if it was cheaper for integrations.