Brightpod

Bewertet am 22.11.2018
Katie L.
Associate Director of Internal Communications
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great for a smaller organization managing marketing campaigns with a small internal team and freelancers/agencies. Keeps everything in one place, keeps us on track, and helps us collaborate across distances.

Vorteile: The fact that Brightpod is created specifically for marketing teams makes it extremely user-friendly. It has all the features I was looking for, including file sharing, content editorial calendar, recurring tasks, delegation, and more. We use it to collaborate both with our internal team as well as with external agencies and freelancers.

Nachteile: Brightpod has done everything I need it to--I haven't found a weakness yet!

Great Product! Great Service! Great Company!

Bewertet am 24.8.2015
Pamela H.

Kommentare: I started using Brightpod a little over two years ago when I was looking for an easy-to-use app for marketing and social media projects for my companies and for my clients. At the time, Brightpod was still in beta, coming out of beta soon after I signed on.
Features I love:
Each client or project has its own "pod" where milestones, tasks, messages, and files can be kept organized. All activity is updated in real-time and the app can be accessed on any device that has web access. All tasks, events, and milestones for each pod automatically go into a calendar which syncs to a web-based calendar such as GCal or iCal.
There are marketing workflow templates available, and you can very easily revise those and make your own templates for similar task lists for different clients or pods.
You can add and subtract team members, contractors, and clients to work with you on a pod and give different people different permission levels. You also track your billable and non-billable time if you desire.
You can get real-time activity reports for each team member and for yourself and set up a weekly "focus" of your tasks. You can also generate very detailed "insights" for each team member, yourself, and other metrics.
The customer service is top notch. Not only are there several detailed Vimeo videos for each component of the app, you can also directly contact the Brightpod team with a question or problem and receive an answer back in less than 24 hours; usually in 3-4 hours.
The app has pretty colors. That is important for me as a creative professional.
The only "con" is more of a feature request: You can generate a dedicated email address for each pod so that you can email tasks, messages, files, etc. to each pod. However, if you have a lot of pods, that's a lot of email addresses to keep up with. One day, I'd like to see the ability to just name the pod within one email address sent to the account and the email is automatically sent to the right place!
I highly recommend this app for marketing teams, no matter what size.

Happy Customer

Lamees A.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was looking for a task management tool for our small team that's intuitive and flexible enough for our work style. My teammates recommended a few other software options, which I considered and tested but didn't like much. I learned about Brightpod from another tool I used for years now called DeskAway by the same developer. It didn't take me much to figure it out once I signed up for the free account. What I love most about Brightpod is the ability to create "workflows," this basically allowed us to setup our processes through this tool (e.g., we setup eBook production with task lists and tasks and for each new eBook, we simply add a new Pod with the eBook workflow and teda, the tasks and task lists are loaded and we only need to assign to members and set dates .) It was easy enough for other team members to start using the tool without any learning curve.

Vorteile: Workflows, list view vs. workflow view, predefined workflows for digital marketing work. Customer service is great: the built-in support interface is very easy and convenient to use and customer support respond in very timely fashion.

Nachteile: Can get expensive with busy project schedule.

Brightpod is a decent project management solution without app support

Bewertet am 16.4.2018
David M.
Web Design & Development Leader

Vorteile: I like that I can easily add projects and manage tasks across my team. As a leader, I can get a good idea what my team is working on and delegate tasks accordingly.

Nachteile: The main thing I don't like the fact that this software has no accompanying app. It would be very useful, especially at night when I'm away from my computer, to be able to manage projects and tasks.

Brightpod Review

Sarah R.
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love the software. My team handles upwards of 300 tasks at any given time and Brightpod has made that process more efficient and managable. Brightpod makes it easier to organize my work and track each items current status, time spent working on it, due date and more. The only thing that would make Brightpod even better would be a timer with in the program itself, ideally similar to the way Toggl manages time.

Vorteile: I love the way everything is displayed. One of my biggest issues with competing project managing apps is that the projects are not organized in a easy to view, hierarchical, format. I love that you can view the pods all together, then the pods individually, then the tasks themselves, and all in one window. There's no bouncing around from page to page and hard to navigate links. Everything is straight forward and even color coded.

Nachteile: I would love there to be a built-in timer feature in this program as opposed to logging in each time manually.

Great for marketing teams, but lacks some integrations

Kristen S.
Marketing Manager

Kommentare: I love that there is a collaboration tool like Brightpod that is so focused on marketing project details. However, I'm not aware of any integrations with accounting programs or even a CRM that would allow us to directly bill customers for billable time. Instead, we're running manual reports monthly to identify billable time by client and project. Then accounting has to invoice manually. It would be awesome if all of this could be automated!

Vorteile: Easy to use. Templates come in handy. Even easier to collaborate now that we can duplicate pods and task lists for similar projects.

Nachteile: Limited/no integration with CRM and/or billing software to automate the invoicing process.

Brightpod has made project management for my social media team simple and efficient.

Bewertet am 14.11.2017
Joe B.
Social Media Director
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It makes collaboration and communication a breeze.

Vorteile: What's not to like? All of the pods are highly customizable. There are several different ways to utilize Brightpod to accomplish the same goal. Collaboration is a breeze, especially on projects that require more than 2 or 3 team memebers.

Nachteile: There isn't a mobile application at this point and that is something, I think, that would make it a lot more useful in the future.

Trello with more features

Bewertet am 19.3.2018
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to have a team all on the same page with projects. Looks really nice as well!

Vorteile: The visual layout of this project management software is really aesthically pleasing. It makes it easy to group your tasks and super simple to see what stage each process is in. I really like the way you can easily duplicate common workflows!

Nachteile: There aren't quite as many levels of sub-tasks as some people on our team are used to, so learning to layer the tasks in a different way has been a bit of a challenge moving from another project management tool.

Lovely program, very easy to use and aesthetically pleasing

Bewertet am 27.6.2017
Sarah R.
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Made project management much more organized and compact.

Vorteile: I love the structure of this program - it is extremely easy to navigate and the "pod" setup is nice for keeping things organized and compact.

Nachteile: The program is NOT mobile friendly. It is near unusable on mobile though I am told they are coming out with a mobile friendly app soon.

Perfect for Small Team Colaboration

Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Bobby B.
President & Founder

Kommentare: Overall, the software hit all the levels we were searching for. As, the pricing was right, it was feature-rich, and allowed for a good team atmosphere for colaboration.

Vorteile: I like the idea that the software was created for marketing vertical. It offers a team environment that is very user-friendly and its packed with features!

Nachteile: I would love to see a better process between project tracking for production.

In Technicolor, Brightpod is a verb now

Bewertet am 27.10.2016
Werner B.
Creative Director
Unterhaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Brightpod for project management in the marketing creative team. We are a worldwide company and my team supports marketing people on all continents.
Brightpod changed our lives: it is so easy to use for everyone, so very straightforward, there has been zero reluctance to use it - not always a given when you introduce new tools.
You have a full overview of everything that is going on and good tracking functionalities, great when you're dealing with different time zones and different clients.
The clients are constantly aware of the status and can be notified whenever there is the need.
The interaction with Outlook works great, by the way, so there is not always the need to log into the tool.
The Brightpod team are very responsive and very helpful as well.
We've been using it for over a year now and it's still the best dollars ever spent.

Vorteile: ease of use
functionalities
support

Nachteile: don't really have anything negative to say

Brightpod. I'd be lost without you.

Shad E.
Multimedia Artist in Marketing
Baumaterial, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When I took over the marketing department at a growing business, I was essentially jumping onboard a moving freight train. With dozens of newspaper ad deadlines every month, right off the bat, I knew I needed a project management app that would let me keep track of recurring deadlines as well as keep my supervisor and me on the same page. After testing other apps, I can say without a doubt, Brightpod is the best. Both with the product and their (almost) live support. Here is how I use it. I set up a pod. Inside the pod (Print Advertising), I create a task list (Recurring Ads, Pending Review, etc...), then I create an individual task and set up the deadline and how often it will repeat (never, every month, or every week). From there I create the ad and add it as a comment in the task. My supervisor is notified, he approves the ad, I mark it complete, and if it is a recurring ad, a new one is automatically created with the proper deadline. I'd be lost without Brightpod.

Brightpod is a superior app for managing, recording, and billing collaborative projects

Joe M.
Operations Manager

Kommentare: Brightpod is so intuitive that the entire team was up and running in less than a day with no setup. Because its so easy to use, you can include contractors and alternative workforce personnel with almost no training, which is usually a big headache for integrating (and billing) these resources into a project. Brightpod is flexible so that it quick and easy to create a tangent within your project, start a conversation, post files, attribute time, and then write off some of the time and close the tangent. This can all be done by line-level workers without having an administrator build out a skeleton and assign tasks. The quick setup and tear down allows for ideas to be explored with ease and at the same time recording the conversation and the files for later access.

Vorteile: Price
Ease of use
Intuitive
Email-based

Nachteile: Could have a tighter relationship between recording time and tasks. When recording time, there is only a notes field and it does not have to tie to a task, which is easier to use, but less useful for billing presentation. I suppose the whole time recording feature could be more robust with a place to enter your time against all your tasks.

Great tool for project management

Brooke B.
Marketing Specialist
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our company loves brightpod! We use it for project management to balance projects throughout our marketing team of eight people. We love the ease of use of transfering projects to other team members and addding comments. The emojis are a fun new feature as well. Customer service has always been really helpful, but there are some limitations to the software. In the future, we would like to be able to change the project entry date (currently can't add it to past dates).

Vorteile: Comment section, export to Excel feature, calendar, ability to personalize pods to our complex company

Nachteile: Can't use in Citrix and want to be able to change date of entry

The Best Task Managment Software Money Can Buy!

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Creative Director
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Super easy to use, clean interface, makes staying on top of recurring tasks easy as pie. The customer support is top-notch and I have even had the joy of watching my feature requests turn into features.

Nachteile: I would love it even more if the recurring tasks could be set to "First Monday of the Month" in addition to the same date option.

Great Marketing Project Management Tool

Caleb R.

Kommentare: Brightpod was a great addition for me as a freelancer and as a growing agency. As a freelancer, I was involved with Brightpod through my clients and found it very helpful in ensuring that I was accomplishing the work and making sure that my clients knew it. As the owner of a small, but growing agency, Brightpod's price point and offerings are a great fit for my small business. I use it on a daily basis to show clients the work that we've accomplished and what are plans are moving forward. They love it and so does my team.

Vorteile: Ease of use, price point.

Nachteile: Of course, I'd love to have the full features included with the premium account level but they have a business to run and as soon as I can justify it, I'll be purchasing it.

Works well for our department's needs

Chantal K.
Sr. Mar/Com Consultant
Forschung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My marketing communications team has used BrightPod for more than a year now. It's allowed us to streamline our work processes, eliminating the "who's on first" issue. We are all now better connected with the needs and timelines of deliverables that require a cross-team approach. I love the reminders and updates I receive from BrightPod. It keeps me honest.

Vorteile: It's relatively easy to use and personalize based upon preference. It promotes a high degree of organization and collaboration.

Nachteile: There's nothing I dislike about it.

BSE Loves Brightpod

Samantha B.

Kommentare: This system is super easy to use, at this point I can add tasks with my eyes closed. I love the support we receive, always an answer almost instantly to any questions we have. Love how they are always adding things too :)

Vorteile: Ease of use, colors, look of system

Nachteile: Wish it could tie into invoicing and billing and a little more robust client portal

Pleased with platform

Krystal O.
Account Manager

Kommentare: Brightpod has been a large use of project management success for our team/industry, and it is becoming more and more involved in our new projects for other clients.

Vorteile: It is easy to assign tasks, and send through emails.

Nachteile: The layout is not very attractive.

Love this product need more productive features

Bewertet am 31.10.2016
Venkat R.
Advertising
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: overall experience is good. UI is simple, clean and neat. most of the updates i receive seems to be not relevant for my business. from a manager perspective i seek for more productive features.

Vorteile: compare to other similar product i like the UI, which is clean and neat

Nachteile: 'Me' page lack features

Great! But take your time.

Paul S.
Web Designer
Grafikdesign, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer service and reaching out ranges from ignoring you to just annoying. They try to reach out and when they do they are in your face 24/7 (chat,email etc). When you have a question tho it seems to fall by the wayside. Granted, in their defense, I've only used this for one week so I could be totally off with them so far. Overall, it's a greats solution for what you need and best of all, it's all online so nothing g to download.

Vorteile: It's online
Easy to figure out

Nachteile: Need more support on how to...
Too many reach outs (chat,email) when I don't need it

Good Management System

Chris V.
Business Director

Kommentare: We use brightpod to help us manage our daily tasks and ensure that our employees are completing what is needed. Overall it does get the job done. The major suggestion I would make is the reoccurring tasks. Having a button to click rather then remember how to word the phrase to get it to reoccur. Just some food for thought

Vorteile: Some what easy to use

Nachteile: Reoccurring feature.

Arena Sports Review

Justin M.
Marketing Assistant
Sport, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This tool has helped the marketing department and I stay organized on all of our projects. This tool is super easy to use and is a great tool to show clients what exactly we are working on for them. This also helps us allocate appropriate time to certain projects, while being able to communicate with our peers. This will also help us in the future to see what tests we have run in previous years.

Vorteile: Easy to use, centralizes all of our projects, shows how much time is spent on each project, easy to track progress of projects

Very Efficient

Lindsay B.
Client Service Manager

Kommentare: I'm a user coming off from using Salesforce, which all my projects revolved around and I was hesitant about using a new project management system. So far I feel Brightpod is awesome, it's a great way to stay on top of all of my client projects, and I love that I can set them to recur each month so I don't have to recreate new tasks every month, big time saver! And it's cool that I can see what my coworkers are working on also.

Vorteile: able to customize the whole system according to our needs

Nachteile: I've noticed tasks get duplicated for no reason

We are using the software to organized a new start up

Bewertet am 18.7.2017
Monica G.
Marketing Manager

Vorteile: We like how we can share our status with clients clearly. I also like that we are able to assign tasks to team members, and store data.

Nachteile: I wish the calendar options were more robust. I also wish that the tasks organized accounting to client calendars.