Über Carbonite

Bietet ein webbasiertes administratives Dashboard, automatisches Back-up, Back-up-Scheduling (für Windows) und Versionierungsfunktionen.

Erfahre mehr über Carbonite

Transferring files and large deliverables that our company receives never takes long and we are given an incredible amount of space for an inexpensive cost, so it frees up our hard drives at work.

The backup runs frequently and slows the computer down, restoring files after a computer crashes is a huge pain, and accessing the vault can be confusing.

Bewertungen zu Carbonite

4,0
4,0

Carbonite hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 165 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Carbonite bereits verwendet?

Nicole
IT-Fachmann in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Für Backups nicht zu gebrauchen

Leider kann ich keine positiven Aspekte finden, da es für mich den Zweck nicht erfüllt.

Nach fast drei Jahren Nutzung kam es nun zu einem Daten-GAU und ich musste ca. 1,5TB an Daten wiederherstellen. Zu meiner Überaschung läuft die Wiederherstellung nur mit ca. 2Mbit/s was natürlich viel zu langsam ist. Also habe ich mich für die Zusendung eines Backup-Mediens per Courier für knapp 100 USD entschieden. Nun kam aber die Überaschung. Carbonite versendet NUR an US-Bürger. Jegliche Postfächer können NICHT benutzt werden. Ich komme also nicht zeitnah an meine Daten. Es droht also der totale Datenverlust. Danke Carbonite !!!

Andrew
Andrew
Marketing Consultant in Australien
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Makes for very easy regualr backups

Kommentare: Very good. We trialled a few different options but this was the best one.

Once it is set up properly you don't need to touch it again. If a problem occurs, it gives you a notification and is fixed easy.

Indicating which files and folders to back up can be a pain. By default, it backs up heaps of things that don't need backing up.

Sarah
Diretor of Creative Content in USA
Rundfunkmedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for Baking Up Data

Kommentare: If Carbonite changed those two factors I mentioned as cons, I would feel way more confident recommending them to friends because I do like the affordable plan and how easy it is to backup files compared to competitors. And like I mentioned, I also like how they will back up your external hard drive which a competitor I was looking at does not do.

As a backstory, I was talking to our tech advisor about our need for backing up our data. While I ensure that I back up my data through my external hard drive, I also know that my external hard drive can go kaput as all of them do eventually. So I mentioned to our tech guy that I feel like we need a cloud storage but I wasn't too fond of Dropbox or Google Drive. He had similar sentiments and recommended Carbonite. He said he uses it with a number of clients with good results. So I took the plunge with their Black Friday deal that included backup for my computer and external hardrive. Pros: I liked that it backed up all of my data itself and that I didn't have to do it manually. The only thing I need to do manually is for my future data and the process is SUPER simple even for the tech-challenged. I also liked that there was the mid-tier option (the one I chose) that backs up your external hard drive. You get unlimited storage for the tier I chose which is not true of Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and others.

I don't like that I can't easily access my data to see with my own eyes that my data is backed up which is very different than OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and Dropbox that I can pull up at any time my backup files. I can't tell how good Carbonite is at backing up the files until something goes wrong which makes me nervous. I don't like that if my external hard drive isn't connected for 30 days, the data is wiped out. What if I'm taking a break from my technology and don't have it hooked up? What if I'm using a different computer at the time because my original laptop and backup hard drive are getting repaired? That made me feel uneasy.

Antwort von OpenText

Thank you so much for leaving us some actionable feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to be thorough and honest with us!

Dustin
Dustin
Information Technology Administrator in USA
Forschung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Reliable Software that provides piece of mind

Kommentare: I really liked it until they implemented the HUGE price increase. Perhaps it was a problem with just that one employee but they definitely need to get better at communicating changes to their customers. I'll be switching to a more cost effective product once our subscription is up.

Ease of install - It is extremely easy to deploy Carbonite. I have installed it on our Windows 10 workstations as well as our server VMs running Windows Server 2012. Each time the process is quick and simple. I also like the custom updates it provides on backup status. It also lets you customize backup policies for each individual device to optimize utilization.

They wanted to increase our yearly cost by more than 50% with minimal account upgrades. Our account was set to renew automatically at this increased price with no warning. An account rep reached out to me a 6-8 weeks ahead of our renewal date but wouldn't respond until we were about 2 weeks out. At that time he informed me our price was going up. The strange thing was that under billing it still showed the price we had been paying for the past six years, and showed we would be charged the same amount again on our renewal date. If he hadn't mentioned it on the call they would have charged us the new price without informing us until we received the receipt. I really did not like that their system was showing one price but they planned to spring another on us.

Systems Architect in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Carbonite for personal or small business

Kommentare: Complete system restoration was a huge problem solver. Also real time continuous synched back up helped immensely for incidents such as accidental deletion.

The product was easy to implement and configure. The best features were continuous synchronous backup, and backup with encryption. It also had a feature to back up the entire system that could be used to restorer after a hardware failure.

The features were never a problem, however the pricing model changed significantly that made the prodcut unaffordable to my business and my clients.

Antwort von OpenText

Thank you for leaving us a review. I'm sorry to hear that our pricing model was not to your satisfaction. Please reach out to our sales team to see if we can work something out: https://www.carbonite.com/contact-us

Randy
IT Support Manager in USA
Chemikalien, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Carbonite - Great solutiuon for protection!

Kommentare: Awesome. I ave had to use the backups to recover failed drives, and ransomed disks.

The software is easy to setup. It allows the individual to set up different backups. Incremental (daily), full (weekly or daily). Support is great and very helpful. You can encrypt the backups. Carbonite checks the backups on a continuous basis for ransomware.

By default it selects the folders for you. This is OK, but not all folders need backed up. It is easy to unselect the folders.

Antwort von OpenText

Thanks for leaving us some detailed and positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to be descriptive and honest!

mike
IT Administrator in USA
Militär, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Information and file redundancy is key

Kommentare: My experience with Carbonite has been entirely positive. The few times that I have had to restore a file or several files were just a minor inconvenience compare to recreating the information from scratch. I would definitely recommend using this backup platform.

After a small learning curve the platform's UI is easy to configure and is intuitive. I can retrieve a backup copy of a lost file through the software's pop up in a matter of minutes and continue on with the project.

Unfortunately, any older files which are in my back up must be restored by a Carbonite representative. This involves a phone call and some time with the representative. Not a bad experience, just a minor inconvenience compared to the do-it-yourself newer backed up files.

DANIEL
Senior IT Specialist in USA
Bibliotheken, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Carbonite backup solution

Kommentare: Overall this software runs well. Again after a few adjustments with the policy, the backup solution runs at full throttle uploading data based on your specifications. The restore options are also wonderful and take less time than other backup solutions.

Carbonite endpoint backup solution has ease of deployment and policy settings. Once you set it up correctly based on your companies values, carbonite does the rest.

Coming off of the trial and into production it seemed that policy settings where missed. It would have been beneficial for carbonite to explain more in depth about restrictions within their policy settings. After a few phone calls back and forth everything seems to be running well. Communication to the customer is key

Darell
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Carbonite is a Valuable Tool

Kommentare: I have been using Carbonite for Years and the Customer Service is 5 star and the software will auto backup all your data all day long just set it and forget it.

I have used Carbonite for a long time and recommend to all my business customers because it is the most reliable backup on the market and easy to use.

The pricing is a little expensive but it is a Great Product

Cody
NA in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Industry standard tool, with good encryption options

Able to encrypt with higher-level encryption keys than alternatives like Backblaze, which was a requirement for the business. Continuous background tool is one of the smoothest-operating I've worked with - files backup on a regular basis without user interaction, and tracks version history for easy rollback for 30 days.

The online portal is very slow, and doesn't add much value to the tool.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for leaving us a review - Appreciate the feedback about the online portal.

Jessica
Jessica
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Set it and forget it while having peace of mind

Kommentare: I've had them for over 10 years in my personal computer and I've been very happy. I didn't care for the business version so chose not to use it for my business as there are other products that offer a better value.

Once you configure your initial backup, Carbonite will take care of everything for you on auto pilot. New files and changed files will automatically be backed up without you having to remember to. Restoring files after a catastrophic hard drive failure took a while due to the size of the backup but worked well.

Price has been increasing steadily over the years without adding value, other providers are now more competitive price wise.

Vassili
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Solid product, on the expensive side

Kommentare: Multiple clients of mine use Carbonite to backup both servers and individual PCs. It's probably the best overall cloud backup solution out there - solid, functional, excellent support, can be deployed in minutes. Generally speaking once you schedule your backup it just works and you can easily restore files either to the same system or a completely different one. And if there is a problem their US-based support center will connect to your system and resolve it. If you need a lot of storage their plans can get rather expensive

-Simple installation and scheduling - Easy to restore backups-Excellent support- Impressive array of plugins (like backup for SQL Server, Exchange Server, Cloud-to-Cloud)- Fast backup speed

Storage from Carbonite is costly, if you need to backup a lot of data it may not be the best solution

James
IT Technician in USA
Landwirtschaft, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

I do not have enough space to tell you of how this software fails.

Kommentare: I can not offer any user a benefit to using this company for backing up critical user documents, pictures and data.
My recommendation is to find something different.

It was installed and configured by the previous admin, that's it.Honestly there is nothing positive about this software.

Horrible user setup, Bad server support, Software required daily administration to keep users up to date. Customer service was terrible. No matter what the reason for contact tech support they could not resolve even basic errors. Server support would bloat our data backup and would not release expired backups. Unable to restore ANY user files no matter the user backup size. The software/ company cost me over 300gb of lost data due to failed server backups. The final straw was when they had a security breech and sent all users an email "click on this link to reset your password" What happened, as I was told a senior executive decided to blow out ALL customer access passwords and send this email to reset. Oh, and let's not forget that this little blowup allowed you to use the SAME password that just got dumped.

Jacob
Operations Manager in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

100% back up... but not for your videos...

Kommentare: Backed up most of my files, but not my videos.

Price was reasonable and setting it up was pretty easy. This service worked great for most of my files. This is an update to my previous review.

They don't backup 100% of your computer as advertised. I learned this the hard way. I set up my computer to back up everything with Carbonite. When my hard drive failed I was happy I had this cloud service... but when restoring my files it was a pain restoring my wife's saved fonts and family pictures. To my horror I couldn't find my ripped classic movie collection nor most of my family videos. All of these were saved in my iTunes library and after speaking with customer service I learned that Carbonite does not automatically back up any videos not found in the Photos app. They will back up videos, but you have to manually do it, I am still mad to this day!

Monique
Recreation Coordinator in USA
Regierungsbeziehungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Worth the Money

Kommentare: Carbonite is definitely worth the money. Yes, it may be a little pricey; however, the cost is relative if you ever need to recover information/data from several PCs.

We use Carbonite in our office and it is a great program to have. The software runs in the background and doesn't slow your computer down. I also appreciate the friendly reminders of when we're either running out of space or didn't backup a computer during the week.

Make sure each machine has a specific profile name because the system will get confused. Also, please don't attempt to duplicate machine names (i.e. if your computer is completing an IT replacement) as this also confusing the system.

William
Office manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Carbonite keeps your information safe

Kommentare: Carbonite is a great product that's very reasonably priced and does an excellent job backing up your information. We have personally relied on them more than once to backup information that was lost in a computer crash and we have never been disappointed.

Carbonite makes keeping a record of your valuable information extremely easy and reliable. In the past when we have had a computer crash and vital information was lost from the unit we were able to easily find and backup the information from Carbonite.

We really have not had any negative experience with using Carbonite. It is easy to set up and to download your lost information.

sharon
owner in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good backup software for personal or home use

Kommentare: Peace of mind knowing my files are backed up.

- You can back up an unlimited amount of photos, music, and files. - You can easily see what files are included in the backup, and easily add more files. - Backup is continuous, you don't have to check it or worry about it. - Overall a good backup solution. I have not had any problems or errors.

- It takes forever to retrieve your files. I am restoring files from my old computer to my new one. It has been going for about three WEEKS and it is now at 83%. However, if I needed one particular file right away, I could search for and download that one sooner.

Trevor
Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

An absolute Must

Kommentare: Overall very positive. I will always use an online backup system and carbonite is the best I've ever used.

After losing all my files on an external hard drive, I switched to Carbonite. It automatically backs up my computer files daily. I can access them online and download them on any computer. If in the event my computer crashes, I can download all my files to my new computer.

It didn't back up all my videos. Not sure why it may have been my subscription. But I lost several video files.

Lee
CEO in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I can get support to help me

Kommentare: it a saturday so i asume the level 3 tech are not working and no one can hepl me reinstall the sofware...so right now my last back up was 10/31/18 and its 3/23/19 ...ouch

that it backs up my files on my computer?

its does not work, the software stops working and does not back up my computer. the last time it backed up my computer was Oct 31 and it March 23. so I call support spend an hour trying to get them to reinstall the software. and the said i need a level 3 tech to do so. so they are going to call me back in the mean time the software is off line right now ... this is crazy.

Santosh
Database Administrator in USA
Rechtsberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Carbonite - Review

Kommentare: - it is a good overall experience with Carbonite application.

- This is an application which helps us to keep a backup of all our servers daily - This application is very easy to setup and access. - This application is very efficient is storing and retrieving data files without any issues.

- the pricing can be more affordable in pricing - this application can have more features to handle more use cases. - this application can be more optimized on UI

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Great product for all kinds of backups

Kommentare: Overall it continues to be a great experience. Support has been great. its saved my clients bacon a number of times when it comes to local restores. highly recommend

Ease of setup, ease of use. backup types and styles, and the ability to customize. Solid interface. Customer service and support.

When they updated to version 6, they changed the software interface quiet a bit, it feels restricted in terms of the ability to administer tasks. I much prefer that older classic look and feel for those of us who know their way about backup software. Price point is a little high, especially for small offices who only have 2-3 servers vs bigger clients who could have 6-10 or more.

Brian
Loan Officer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great in the background back-up

Kommentare: It has been very good and reliable. I don't even have to think about it.

I love that it backs up everything on my computer automatically to the cloud. I would not remember to manually backup my computer often enough to save myself from a hard drive failure. I also like to be able to access any file from my phone at any time.

I wish that I could download multiple files at once when I go into Remote Access. I can only get one at a time.

Spencer
Director of Researcfh in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Carbonite provides the peace of mind you need for your files

I like the peace of mind that Carbonite provides, knowing that my files are constantly being backed up. I don't have to worry about losing one file should something go wrong at my workplace.

Sometimes Carbonite loses its connection to the internet and sends a message that you have not backed up in X number of days/weeks. I have to reboot the server and this usually fixes the problem, but it can be annoying to have to do that.

BRAD
Construction Division Foreman in USA

An essential product for anyone with critical information stored on their computer

Very easy to use. We first started using Carbonite about 7 years ago when we lost our entire hard drive to a virus. Unfortunately, we hadn't signed up for the service prior but we quickly learned our lesson and have used since.

I've never been a fan of monthly subscriptions. I would rather buy the product and purchase additional storage if needed. Other than that it is a great product.

Becky
Director of Implementation in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Peace of mind and ease of access

I love how quickly I can access a file on my computer remotely from my phone - for example, I recently went on a trip and forgot the itinerary spreadsheet I had saved to my desktop at home. It only took a minute to retrieve it while waiting at baggage claim.

I have not had any issues with this software, except forgetting to unpause the backup sometimes.