Citrix ShareFile Erfahrungen

Über Citrix ShareFile

Eine sichere Dateifreigabe- und Speicherlösung für Unternehmen. Mit modernster, Compliance-unterstützender Sicherheit.

Erfahre mehr über Citrix ShareFile

I like that there is an app that integrates to my computer (and my coworkers computers) to basically make a folder that acts like its own hard drive on our computers.

I dislike the outlook extension for Sharefile.

Bewertungen zu Citrix ShareFile

Citrix ShareFile hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 320 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Citrix ShareFile bereits verwendet?

Neelam
Neelam
Associate in Indien
Unternehmensberatung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Citrix share File Review

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall I liked it as it solves the purpose and all my documents are secure.

I really like that we can share the link with multiple users to upload the docs. It's very simple just click and upload. We can share multiple files at a time. this link will be active for a couple of months it depends on how you set it up. It is a very secure way to share documents.

The only problem is who so ever uploads the documents that person can't access those file in future and you can't track what you have already shared and what is pending.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
Marketing Communications Specialist in Malaysia
Internet, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Storage hosting is easy with ShareFile

Sharefile is a cloud-hosted file server at its most basic level that replaces the need to host one within a workplace or business. It also allows you to offer download links to consumers to upload or download specific files, provided you have the proper rights. Because it is hosted offshore, it has the advantage of not requiring the office to operate servers or an Infrastructure rack.

You won't be able to view your file structure if your external internet connection goes down. If you're a remote worker trying to connect to a server hosted by your company, this can happen. Another problem might be a lack of bandwidth while uploading/downloading to Sharefile. It was also quite sluggish and complicated when we initially started using it, requiring multiple periods longer to transfer or explore than a self-hosted server. We also have at least 1-2 service interruptions every month, during which users are unable to conduct their job for a while.

Tim
Practice Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

THINGS ARE CHANGING

Kommentare: Well, after around 10 years of using Sharefile without any issues and only using customer support about 2-3 times we were told that the charges would be basically multiplying by ten times the amount and if we didn't like it, TOO BAD!!!! No negotiation, no warning period (don't consider a 30-60 window after being told you're screwed to quit service or pay a valid warning), no understanding, just "do this or else... don't like it, we don't care.... see ya later scrub." Very unprofessional and in my opinion can and maybe will break your company. With a marketing plan/ploy like that where you corner customers and then on top of that don't care about them in the slightest sense you are heading for disaster.

I liked that it was affordable, easy to use, and we could do more if we wanted to. The actual log in and navigation was easy to use for the most part after some updates and the customer care used to be okay the few times I needed it.

They have now hiked up the prices basically telling Small/Medium Businesses to pay up or leave (only about a 30-60 day window to decide do I want to pay more or not). For most small businesses it's an easy choice as alternative affordable pricing is out there all over as I found. I guess they only care about big time companies now that they are "Big Time". Lol, while searching for them I see that they were one of best in 2017... big heads? Seems to be the case. I think this new change will make everything they were doing go down hill fast... good luck shareholders (if they are public).

Meg
Meg
Director of Operations in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Sends Securely

Kommentare: Does exactly what we need it to do.

Sends medical records securely, per local and state laws.

Often disconnects from Outlook, recipients often find it confusing to use.

Joey
Staff Engineer in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Secure File Sharing Solution

Easy to navigate UI. ShareFile has an add-on that integrates into standard Outlook email platform. The add-on allows you to email large files using a secure third party FTP, where sensitive documents can only be accessed by permitted parties. It's easy to set permissions if you allow the document to be shared with others. Works well for cloud sharing documents and files where collaboration is needed. You can set a time duration for files to automatically delete themselves, so that makes managing storage capacity easier.

No real cons that I can think of. Perhaps for some people who are not tech savvy might have trouble setting up their personal preferences, but this could apply to any software. I found it easy and intuitive to set up using the web app, mobile app, and the Outlook extension.

Greg
CEO in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very versitile and easy to figure out program

Kommentare: overall experience was very good and will continue to recommend it where I work and for my clients.

The software includes a number of additional features, including secure email, and the ability to easily and affordably add more. I have used this software now at three different companies. Set up was easy and the help center guidance was very good.

Set up of folders was a little tedious and slightly cumbersome but was very easy to figure out and add/subtract people as needed.

Nathan
Tax Associate in USA
Buchhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Security and comfort

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

It is a reliable file backup software that helps my firm manage its clients and access our large number of client

The encryption on the sign in and file access can be a little slow, but it is needed for the nature of the documents

Robyn
Owner in Kanada
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Was good when I used it, but pricey.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Ease of use and secure file transferring system.

Secure file transferring system and able to add on folders just for client's employees.

The price kept on increasing and I needed to find an alternative after loosing a major client due to the company closing.

Gabriela
PARALEGAL in USA
Rechtsberatung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Try it out!

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Highly satisfied!

I feel very secure sending out documents

Nothing bad to say, do give Citrix a try!

Jeni
ELC Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Took a minute to get acquainted but then was easy to use.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

This product has been very helpful in sharing files that are too big to email.

At first it can seem like a lot to learn but then when you start using it it gets easier.

Ravinder
Ravinder
Consultant in Indien
Rechtsberatung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

ShareFile - Easy to use file sharing and secure data storage app

Kommentare: We used Sharefile to share large files (typically in Gigabytes) with our clients and internally. Earlier, we used emails and FTP for the same which is kind of very tedious task, but with Sharefile sharing large files have become an easy task and saves a lot of time.

ShareFile is one of the best platforms to share large files with your clients, vendors and even internally within your company. It allows you to organize files in different folders. To share a file, users have to upload the files into the right folder and then the user has options to give access to the files wither via a web-link or you can share an entire folder with a group of people. Files uploaded on the Sharefile account can be accessed seamlessly from any endpoint including a mobile app, desktop or web-browser. In terms of security, Sharefile is equipped with two-factor authentication and single sign-on feature. Other important features include integration with third-party software such as office 365, Microsoft outlook and Gmail via plugins which allows real-time co-editing and co-authoring of a document.

Sharefile subscriptions come with very different pricing options with varied features. So, if you go with a basic plan you would only get basic features like storage and sharing. Other plans are a little bit costly and include features like Office 365 co-editing, Gmail and Outlook plugins, encryptions, and electronic signatures. The set of features in the Sharefile mobile app is limited and allows only basic functions. Integration with third-party software such as embedded video player, Image viewer can be improved.

Operations Manager in USA
Verlagswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great as a File Storage System

Kommentare: We put Sharefile in place without an IT admin or any IT specialists on hand. A group of four of us tackled the transition from our university's shared drive, handling the data migration and the set up of folder structures. Because of this, I'm sure we didn't have all file storage best practices down pat. I don't know that Citrix provides much in way of recommendations for how to structure the data; that said, we only purchased Sharefile rather than a more enterprise-minded solution. I am sure with heftier purchases that there'd be more consultation and interaction. For the several-thousand annual price we pay for a team of around 40, the benefits of Sharefile are immense. As with any system of this size that's cloud-based, there's a bit of a learning curve to get comfortable with the more in-depth features and functionality, but once we learned how certain aspects work, it's been great and has become a core part of how we conduct the sharing of files with clients.

Cloud-based and easy to understand web interface is nice. Onboarding and implementation was good and inexpensive. The check-in and check-out file features are nice, as are the abilities to share files with external users. The security and uptime as well as ability to resolve any system-wide outages quickly.

Some frustrations in features that I was expecting to be more fully fleshed out, such as workflows or ability to work on documents online without the lag of connecting with 365 and handling some of those handovers.

Quelle: GetApp

Beta tester turned daily user

Kommentare: I have a long history with Citrix. I beta tested the GoToAssist line of products. So they asked me to beta test the ShareFile product. In the beginning it was crap. I tried to upload my files (about 1 TB) and it croaked after 5 GB. I called support and they referred me to a company that was writing a migration tool. I beta tested that too. they asked for my honest opinion and I gave it to them. I told them Citrix should just fix their software and I shouldn't have to buy an extra tool to get my data into the cloud. Fast forward 2 years later, my Accountant tells me we are bleeding money paying for something we're not using (ShareFile) he said use it or dump it. So I download it again, started using it, uploaded my 1TB+ of data into it and was impressed. They have come a LONG way. I can even modify word documents and PDF's within the ShareFile client. Now they have an iOS app and droid app. I see improvements on a regular basis, like now they have a "save to sharefile" option on the iOS. This is Citrix after all they make good stuff. I am glad I stuck with them so long because now I have a grandfathered account type. It's coming along really well and I'm really happy I stuck with them. they used to support WebDav for windows integration, now they have a "Mapped drive app"

iOS save to sharefile Easy to use interface progress bar when uploading files MODIFY DOCUMENTS in sharefile share a file/folder for a # of downloads share a file/folder for a # of days download notifications no sharefile account? no problem you can still see my files Ha Ha I FORCE you to create an account, to see me files because I can! (or because my regulations state I have to require individual accounts.)

Relatively speaking they are coming late to the market, Box and Dropbox have been out a long time. I'm trying to think of some con's but the truth is I know they are improving the software as I type. Oh I though of one. In Microsoft word they don't have "save to sharefile" option like dropbox does, but they do have the "Drive mapper app" so you can save it to Z: or whatever. They don't synchronize with my NAS, it's deliberate. I'm a network engineer I tried all the tricks and workarounds, yes even symbolic links and hard links. They don't work. You're not supposed to do it. They're not trying to be a backup for your NAS.

Jason
Senior IT Auditor in USA

Easy to Use

Kommentare: Overall, sharefile is a great tool if you need to quickly find a file sharing solution and a way to send files securely vs. sending items through e-mail attachments. The alerting/notification features are also nice so users are reminded when new information is available to download and review. It's great for file sharing, but there may be better options if you intend to perform an entire audit within sharefile as documentation can get voluminous. Sharefile is a great document portal to send files here and there as needed, but it really shouldn't be used as the interface for a working file if multiple users need to access and work within at the same time.

The software offers alot of benefit in sending files securely between parties, and offering a shared drive between internal and external users to exchange documentation for purposes of performing professional services (audits, tax, consulting, etc.) It's intuitive to use and set permissions and access control as an administrator. Alerts and notification settings are also useful to alert users when information is available.

Unlike other similar offerings, users can't work in the same files at the same time without causing the system to save new versions of the file. This can be frustrating when multiple users need to access and work on the same file as needed, and no ones work overrides others when trying to save the file. Additionally, it's sometime difficult to tell what folder contain files as Citrix doesnt show the size (MB) of any folders, the web browser version does, but the browser is less user friendly than navigating the shared drive structures through the citrix addon.

Falisha
Falisha
Software Engineer in Malaysia
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

ShareFile review

The program has a variety of advantages, such as securely exchanging data between parties and providing a shared drive for different users to exchange paperwork for business services. As a user, it's simple to use and create rights and access controls. Notifications and alerts help consumers stay on top of new information by letting them know when it's accessible.

Compared to other similar services, this software forces users to save updated versions of files every time they make changes. Several users editing on the same file simultaneously might be annoying if no one's effort overrides the others when saving the file. Also, Citrix doesn't disclose the volume (MB) of any files, but the web browser version provides, but it's less friendly than traversing the shared folder hierarchies with the Citrix addon.

Technical Support in USA
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

I deployed ShareFile on my platform

ShareFile is easy to use. The Outlook plug-in allows an easy way for customers to send secure files as well as secure emails with a few short clicks. Users are able to create their own folders and we share folders with our clients. There are templates for subfolders as well as retention periods for files. We are able to send attachments beyond Outlook's size limitations and ShareFile helps scan for potentially dangerous content. You can also control what network users access their ShareFile account. There are a lot of options available if you're looking to protect information that leaves your company.

There can be issues with downloading a lot of files at once from the browser. However; Citrix makes a ShareFile desktop app this helps speed up this process. You can turn two factor on, but you have to have each user go to their account and manually enable it. That makes us work with each user in order to enable two factor. The cost can be expensive, but we had reduced rate. Its well worth looking around for a good deal if you decide to implement ShareFile. A small downside is when a user goes to preview a password protected document, they have to download the file because ShareFile's website cannot prompt you for the password.

Shahirah
Shahirah
Personal Banker in Malaysia
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The best for cloud file sharing

Kommentare: Overall, ShareFile is very fine software and has help our organization to centralize our data at one place and not depending on the local storage device as we used before.

ShareFile gives an easy option for files transferring which user only need to upload the files, and then the public link of the file will automatically generated for us and ready to be distributed to the relevant parties. The recipient of the files is not compulsory to register account with the website to start download the file.

The software is quite slow to show all the files that i have on the cloud storage. It keep loading and takes some time to completely populate all of the files that i own. Sometimes, it just keep loading and i need to refresh the application to fix it.

Levi
Levi
Supply Chain Coordinator in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion

Turned a file sharing mess into an easy to use hub for our plants.

Kommentare: It cut down the time it took our workers to properly catalogue and upload video records. It also was easier to track down mis-labled records and put them where they needed to be. Having switched all our plants over to Sharefile, we are better able to view and respond to issues promptly. It's ease of use has left us with fewer errors in our documentation.

The web interface was easy to pick up on. We migrated to Sharefile from another large file sharing site that was falling short in what we needed for our multiple plants. Sharefile gave a central space to the large amount of video files we use for inspections and documentation of various equipment that we own and lease. Having a central space to record and track all inspections was fundamental to our business needs. What impressed me most about Sharefile was the cleanliness of the website and the ease of use that it exemplifies. It took less than an hour to get all our workers on board with the how to use the site and catalog our files.

The only real down side is with the gross amount of folders we have, you have to wait for the page to populate when you reach the end of the first set. Enabling a manual shortcut (like typing in a folder name to take you to that folder) would be a great benefit.

Great file storage and management that has grown along with our organization

Kommentare: Since jumping on board with ShareFile in 2012, the platform has grown along with our organization and has allowed us to reliably request, store and manage client advertising materials for our publication. It has also helped automate our internal and external communication processes regarding advertising material.

One of our most-used features of ShareFile is setting up our clients with individual folders to allow them to upload and store their advertising creative. This is similar to FTP, but ShareFile allows us to receive notifications based on upload, download, etc on a per-folder and per-user basis. We also set it up to notify the client when their ad is downloaded by a member of our team, thereby completely automating the ad delivery process for our publication. The other great feature of ShareFile that we use is desktop app synchronization. This allows ads to be curated by our ad manager and delivered to our production team automatically.

The web interface can be a bit hit or miss at times, and performance can also vary. The desktop sync apps also are a bit sluggish and would benefit from an improvement in responsiveness.

Matt "Griff"
Matt "Griff"
Sales Representative at Geist, a division of Vertiv in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Webhosted Data Storage

Kommentare: Departments did not want to have files hosted locally due to potential server outages as we did not have a great server setup. This was achieved, but with internet outages it makes it difficult to access those files.

Sharefile at it's most basic a cloud hosted file server instead of hosting one within an office or company. It does allow also the ability to send download links, given the right permissions, for customers to upload or download specific files. Being hosted offsite, it definitely gives an upside for not having to maintain servers or an IT rack within the office.

If your outside internet connection goes down, then you have no access to your file structure. This happens to if you are a remote person trying to access an office hosted server. The other issue can be bandwidth for uploading/downloading to Sharefile. When we first started using it, it was also very slow and cumbersome, taking several times longer to upload or navigate than a locally hosted server. We also experience at least 1-2 internet downtime events a month, so people cannot access their work for certain periods of time.

SVP in USA
Bankwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Sharefile is a quick easy way to manage, store, host, receive, request, and transmit documents.

Kommentare: This software gives me a peace of mind I couldn't get through many other document repository sites. I suppose the only issue is some of my clients aren't sure how secure transmissions of unencrypted data is via the site.

I don't ever worry about Sharefile glitching. When my coworker experienced trouble syncing, she told me the support team she called stayed on the phone with her and walked her through everything and waited to make sure the issues resolved. It puts my mind at ease, which is very important when talking about all the documentation for everything I do. My business relies on my documentation. It's great knowing it's also cloud-hosted so I don't have to worry about losing access due to any potential hardware malfunctions.

I don't have much to say in terms of cons related to Sharefile's service and product. It is so straightforward and user friendly. It's intuitive - my boss was shocked when I had downloaded, synced, and set up the whole company Sharefile on my new device before he got the chance to explain what I needed to do. I attribute that to the intuitive, consistent, helpful design.

Justin
Project Manager/Estimator in USA
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Works just as we hoped

This product was a part of a bundle deal we purchased with Podio. Podio was the original program we went after, but when we realized this would be part of the deal, we were very pleased. Before we had been storing files on everyone dropbox and google drive accounts, and it became tedious to keep up with all of the logins and which account the files were on. Now, all of our cloud files are in one place. It is very easy to share large files with other companies or our field crews through sharefile. It also has an addin for outlook that will automatically generate a link if the attachments in the email are too large (user defined size), which is fantastic. It takes out the guessing game of, hmm....I wonder if this email will go through or not.

Having used this product for over a year now, at least weekly, I have not had any issues with the software. We did not shop around too much for cloud storage services, however, I cannot speak for certain to the price and features of the competition out there.

Nur Hana
Nur Hana
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Unterhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Sharing file with ShareFile

ShareFile goes extra length in protecting and securing files that i sent and shares using this software. The encryption that they add to each files that are sent out giving peace of mind for anyone that using their service, because we know, it will be safe and secure.

ShareFile is a one purposes software, which is transferring a files but it comes with a extra step to start it working and unnecessary process that it think it can be simplified. Using the basic file transferring tools is free, but to upgrade it to premium account is too expensive.

Nurain
Nurain
Human Resources Assistant in Malaysia
Versorgungsunternehmen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Easy to work with

ShareFile offer a quick and straightforward process that help in sending a files or document, with no size limit imposed n the files size. It is the best solution for anyone that need a simple way to moving their files around without having to register an account with the software.

One of thing that i think that ShareFile need to upgrade is the file upload speed. It is too slow and will taking too much time for a large files thus making me frustrating more when the process get interrupted and had to repeating the same process again.

Noah
Legal Assistant in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Noah's review of Sharefile

Kommentare: Overall, for the price (billed quarterly), it's not bad. They seem to be the most prominent secure file sharing service, and I'm not sure if their competitors are able to offer the same quality of service at a comparable price. For the time being, I would say Sharefile is a safe bet.

The services provided by Sharefile that I like the most are: A) The "send a link" option for emailing confidential documents to clients. This allows me to quickly upload the documents, copy a link, and paste it into an email, without cluttering the email with a large graphic or anything of that nature. B) The ease in which you can set up notification email forwarding. I like to keep track of what other users are receiving from clients, and Sharefile makes it easy to set up a system where I get email notifications regardless of the user in our firm who is receiving documents.

I dislike the outlook extension for Sharefile. When inserting files to share into an email using the outlook extension (not the "send a link" option), a large box autogenerates in the body of the email that disrupts the format of the email. I also dislike the fact you have to have purchase a certain "tier" of membership in order to upload folders to clients through Sharefile. Without being able to organize files into folders, the burden of organization falls upon the client.