Elucidat

Bewertet am 9.6.2017
Rimoun O.
Senior Manager, Learning & Development
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: What if your team had an e-learning authoring tool that gave your team the capability to built beautiful e-learning modules in half the time it would normally take using the others guys. This is exactly what I found in using Elucidat's powerful web-based authoring tool for e-learning developers. This is a must have for companies serious about stepping up their e-learning offerings. Try them out and check out all the wonderful customizable templates that make the work so simple, fun and productive.

Nachteile: Pricing was the only issue. It is a premium product with a premium price tag. However I found that my team was making that money back in their incensed productivity.

Easy, Powerful, and Efficient Course Authoring Software for All Technical Skill Levels

Bewertet am 29.10.2015
Steve F.
Content Developer

Kommentare: A few years ago I was mainly creating courses utilizing Flash, but with the shift in focus towards mobile learning and responsive design it was clear that I needed to find another course development solution. I tried out a handful of other course authoring software solutions (Lectora Inspire, Captivate 8, Articulate) before stumbling upon Elucidat. All of the course authoring solutions had their pros and cons, but I somehow always felt restricted with what I could do in some of the other authoring tools and the learning curve seemed pretty steep. Elucidat really impressed me with how simple it was to just hop in and get started without a lot of learning and familiarization with the tool. It also has some more advanced features via the theme builder that allow for increased customization and branding options utilizing HTML/CSS that made it seem like almost anything is possible. I created my first project (a proof of concept for a possible client) in Elucidat within a couple of days and decided to move forward with Elucidat from that point on. Since then, I've created approximately 50 courses within Elucidat ranging from simple, low budget courses to high budget, high fidelity, gamified courses. I think one of the most important aspects is the support team that they have working for them. Any questions I have or any issues I run into while creating a course are quickly and efficiently handled by their support team. They always go above and beyond what you would expect from a software support team and I couldn't be happier that I chose to move forward with this development tool. Pros: Responsive Design, Mobile Ready, Easy to Learn, Flexible customization options, Great support team, constantly improving and adding features, web-based collaborative environment, basic learner tracking built right into the interface, great help section and documentation for learning the tool if needed Cons: Relatively new tool, not quite as feature rich as some more established (read older) tools, but they're constantly adding some of the more requested features, web-based (requires internet connection so no working from the beach without a mobile hotspot)

Cost Saving

Bewertet am 9.9.2016
Susie W.
Associate of Learning
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: From my first contact through current, by experience has been nothing but wonderful. The customer support given to me on start up was timely and spot on. As our training evolved, Elucidat was there to assist and support us in enhancing our presentations.

Vorteile: Cost Saving: In this year alone, we will save 60K plus. The saving is seen in reduction of training labor hours needed to produce and present trainings. As well in labor cost in staff time to take the training. It has improved our training efficiency by 95%. With Elucidat we no longer use printed training materials. Feedback from field staff is overwhelmingly positive. They like the option of participating in the training at their convince. They report the format is easy and holds their attention as well as "learning" from the training. From a training prospective, this is priceless.

Nachteile: Initially for us, there were a few hiccups in the on-boarding of some trainings. But again, those were easily addressed through Elucidat support team. Because I was relative new to putting together training presentation in this format, getting use to the "look" of things and figuring out which Themes to use was a pinch overwhelming. But as with most things, the more time I spent in the system, the more at home I felt.

Easiest authoring out there!

Bewertet am 17.6.2017
Fabiana H.
Learning and Development

Vorteile: It's ease of use will blow your mind! The clean and eye friendly interface really makes it nice to work with.

Nachteile: Pricing and plans goes from 0 to 100 really quickly. There should be more plans as options for several corporations. (startups)

A very satisfied distributor

Bewertet am 29.9.2016
Mathieu H.
Sales & Marketing Director
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been distributing Elucidat for 2 years on the French market. We have very happy customers. They can be absolute beginners or people that left the most famous tools of the market for Elucidat. They love the result, the easyness, the responsiveness, the collaborative functions, and the possibility of automated updates on there LMS.

Vorteile: So easy to use, wonderfull results, good for pedagogy, online collaborative authoring, efficient responsive design, very regular evolutions, great support and relationship with the editor

Nachteile: Last month, I still had a cons, but Elucidat made an update. So, no one left.

A very good authoring platform but only for high end clientele

Bewertet am 15.2.2018
Akhilesh K.
Proprietor

Vorteile: 1) The final look of courses made on elucidat are terrific and very different from any other authoring tool . In short , it has its own identity. 2) The course plays very smooth on both desktop and mobile and a is visual delight . 3) The number of content types is pretty exhaustive for anyone to make almost any kind of learning activity.

Nachteile: 1)The pricing is just too steep. Perhaps they target only high end companies . But they should know that a huge number of small companies and solo entrepreneurs is what they should aim at additionally to get quantum jumps in their revenue . Best way is to offer a bit more low priced options as well. 2) On lower paid plans , when the course made on elucidat opens up , it shows up "elucidate.com" branding . This is very irritating . Almost every authoring tool I have used / tried remove their branding even on their lowest plans . And when I approached the customer service about the issue , they asked me to buy one of their steepest priced plans to remove the branding !

Best rapid authoring tool I've come across

Bewertet am 12.9.2016
Paul B.
Learning Technologies Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our learners prefer Elucidat, we enjoy using it and it has had a positive impact on our department's bottom line. (We've seen a 45% improvement in development efficiency since introducing the platform.) The lovely thing about Elucidat, is that it continually evolves. It is the opposite of our old software, which was very slow to improve. In a little over a year, Elucidat has introduced six or seven new features that we are actually using and that have made a real difference.

I can create content 10 times faster with Elucidat than other authoring tools I have used.

Bewertet am 30.10.2015
Jo G.

Kommentare: I have been using Elucidat for a year now and I would rate it as the best authoring tool on the market. It's simple to use, has a lovely intuitive interface. This means you can get up and running with no training and if you do get stuck there are lots of helpful video tutorials to help you.
There's more to Elucidat than first appears, with animation, gamification and the ability to create responsive content for multiple devices. There are lots of 'clever' features, which have been really well thought through such as the ability to refresh a release to your LMS without having to upload any files, support for multiple languages based around a master course concept, and lots more. It's just a great tool and the technical support from the team is the best I have every encountered from a supplier.

A great and intuitive tool for rapid e-learning creation

Bewertet am 20.11.2015
Katarzyna H.

Kommentare: I have found Elucidat extremely helpful in developing intuitive and easily accessible e-learning in a very fast manner. Although the templates do not allow for totally customizing the design, they do include lots of engaging activities and page formats.
There are a couple of options the current version of Elucidat is lacking (like copying pages between courses, for example), but I am confident that they will be provided in the near future as Elucidat seems to be a rapidly-growing content creation software.
A great advantage of Elucidat is it's support team - very fast to respond and solve the issue.
I recommend Elucidat especially for those who are at the beginning of their e-learning development career, as it is easy to use and provides quick results.

Easy to use and overall good experience

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Holly S.

Vorteile: Interface is very easy to use and is very basic. Simple enough for someone who is new to instructional design. Customer service is very thorough.

Nachteile: There is a lot of clicking. Although updating in Elucidat is easy, they have made sure that it is very thorough and therefore, requires lots of click-throughs.

It's as simple as i need it to be

Bewertet am 3.10.2016
Mark M.
Account Director
Professionelles Training & Coaching

Kommentare: I've had the pleasure of self-learning Elucidat and it's a very simple, pragmatic tool that has enabled me to build some quick and interactive learning modules for customers, changing themes, colours, templates and functionality is a doddle. i'd recommend it to those who are highly experienced eLearning authors and those who are just starting out.

Vorteile: Very easy to use, intuitive and enables 'remote' customers to comment and give feedback on the design and functionality of a project. Also the testing function is great as it can link into a CLMS or LMS with SCORM or TinCan complaint data.

Nachteile: not come across anything yet

Intuitive course authoring but a bit spendy.

Bewertet am 14.10.2016
Mary C.
Senior Training Manager

Kommentare: Elucidat is a fantastic course authoring solution. I found it to be quite user-friendly and was able to build a mini course using it in about 45 minutes (prototype, to be fair). I like that it publishes to a variety of outputs as well (HTML5, SCORM) but the BEST thing is its collaborative review features. I have paid $ to outside solutions for hosting SME reviews - Elucidat provides this as part of the solution. Brilliant! The only con for us was pricing: the cost was outside of our budget and ended up going with a competitor.

Vorteile: Ease of use, templates, expert review/collaboration features that are built in.

Nachteile: Pricing

Elucidat is the best authoring tool on the market for creating e-learning modules

Bewertet am 8.9.2016
Harry B.

Kommentare: I've worked with the Elucidat product for over 2 years, and having battled with Captivate and Articulate for many years, has been a pleasure to work with this tool. The support from Elucidat is second to none and the tool just keeps getting better and better. Software updates are automatic, and always come with a personal notification of what's changed and why. It's 'properly' responsive - unlike other products that claim to be. Great product - try it!

von Elucidat an 7.1.2018

Thank you for the feedback Harry! It's great to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Elucidat compared to other tools you've used!

excellent scalable responsive tool

Bewertet am 30.9.2016
Sam T.

Kommentare: Consistently being developed, elucidat is a tool which can grow with organisational capability. I've selected it as a development tool of choice in 2 companies now because the themes enable a novice developer to create content which works and looks good visually with little instruction and the layout designer enables more confident and advanced users to keep on using the tool. The responsive output is excellent and has had little or no technical issues working with LMS'. Support and customer service is excellent.

Excellent, excellent, excellent

Bewertet am 16.12.2015
Laura H.
Learning & Development Advisor

Kommentare: Elucidat is such ancomplicated system and super easy to use - I didn't need any training. I hadn't used e-learning design software prior but have released over 40 modules this year! The team are extremely helpful, and the 'help me' tool within the software offers instant messaging support; I don't think i've ever waited more than half an hour for a response! :-) Highly recommend!

Fantastic

Bewertet am 29.10.2015
Russell B.
Co-Founder

Kommentare: We are approaching our first year using Elucidat and it has accelerated our training creation significantly. It is our go to authoring tool for e-learning.

Elucidat - Not Expensive if You Have a Large Population to TRain

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
HR and Learning Experiemce Professional
Bankwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It showed me some new e-learning authorizing tool features that I now like to have.

Vorteile: I had never paid a lot of attention to course analytics functions before, and I have found Elucidat's analytics easy to sue.

Nachteile: Takes more time to learn how to use than some of its competitors.

von Elucidat an 6.2.2019

Hi there, thank you so much for your review! It's great to hear that you've found the analytics beneficial. If you need any help at all then our customer success team is always on hand :)