Über Bloomerang

Cloudbasiertes Spendermanagement für moderne Spendenaktionen.

Erfahre mehr über Bloomerang

Bloomerang is easy to use, their costumer service is fast and efficient and they offer useful resources and webinars. They also have great price options for varying business sizes.

The automated surveys could be revised. I wish you could edit them because the lapsed one has offended some donors so we have stopped using it.

Bewertungen zu Bloomerang

Bloomerang hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.277 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Bloomerang bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.277)

Karen
Karen
CEO in USA

I love Bloomerang

Kommentare: Most fundraising vendors I've worked with feel very "salesy". Not Bloomerang. The company is made up of genuinely good people who honestly care about improving nonprofits' relationships with donors and helping them reach fundraising goals. I've been a customer for over 10 years and their culture continues to be this way. I also love how much time I save - other CRMs require a lot of time to clean up and input data; with Bloomerang I am able to spend more time actually raising money.

The reporting meets all our needs, data is easy to import and read, customer service and tutorial videos and articles are on point, and the company offers continuing education courses on fundraising strategies.

I've converted to Bloomerang from other CRMs at three different organizations now. Whatever cons they are, they are very minimal, and Bloomerang is constantly improving its system. Any major cons I could think of in the past have been resolved through upgrades they've done over the years. If I ever do have an issue, they are extremely open to feedback and will add my concerns to their list of features to improve.

Megan
Director of Programs in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Finally a donor management built for small nonprofits!

Kommentare: I used another donor management system that was NOT built for nonprofits - and certainly not for small nonprofits - for years. It was a pain and rarely were we able to extract useful, reliable information from it because of all the various service packages and layers added over the years by different administrators! Bloomerang is so simple to use, and the information we extract from Bloomerang is accurate and useful.

I absolutely love how easy it is to customize Bloomerang to fit our needs. There aren't a million different products and service packages that you have to juggle to use your donor data. Reports are super easy to build. Donor acknowledgement is really as easy as a push of the a button!

We do have some issues with formatting emails and letters that we're working through. I also don't like that you cannot apparently schedule reminder emails for tasks or assign multiple responsible parties for tasks.

Amy

Buyer's remorse

Kommentare: Diappointing.

Great work from the implementation team.

We have been on Bloomerang for 2 weeks. So far, I have learned that:The Bloomerang interaction dropdown is all donor facing - there's no way to describe interactions with students except "other" - and the menu can't be changed. There's no ability to pre-load brand guidelines (logo, colors, font) that would pre-populate letters & emails For events, there's no way to show sponsors or honorees on an event page. It requires self-hosting - which costs us $$ for web design services. On Kindful events, I can't set up discount tickets - I was told to set up A SEPARATE EVENT for free tickets, which is ridiculous. I can't change the order of ticket types without deleting and re-entering them (this is minor).There's also no way to track non-fundraising event attendance, as for one of our workshops. They can't have a $0 ticket. Even in the Year-End Tax Receipts webinar yesterday, when the presenter pulled up the template for that very letter on Bloomerang, it wasn't set up as he recommended but had to be customized. It seems like nearly everything in this program requires a workaround, and that it really is entirely a donor management program and not set up for constituents.

Director of Mission Advancement in USA

Excellent for Most Non-Profits

Kommentare: At a prior non-profit, I switched them from Raiser's Edge (desktop) to Bloomerang. I gained a ton of features and saved quite a bit. The conversion was painless. I've only had to contact support a few times and they have always been extremely helpful.
In my current role, I set them up with Bloomerang as their first database.
I have also recommended it on multiple occasions.

Bloomerang is intuitive and easy to use. Creating and reporting with custom field has never been easier and really allows you to customize it to your needs rather than using a standard field for something else. The ability to create embedded forms is a lifesaver. The integrated email capabilities save me from having to purchase another solution like Constant Contact. Plus, these interactions are automatically recorded in the donor/prospects data file. The integrated DonorSearch option is convenient, useful and cost-effective.

If my organization ran a ton of events, I'm not sure this would be my optimal solution. Currently, there is only one level of access - so I can't let a Board Member in to look around because any accidental changes they make would be permanent. I know that Bloomerang is working on this though.

Alex
Campaign Chair in USA
Philanthropie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It Sure Beats Home-grown

Kommentare: As per the title of this review, Bloomerang replaces software that I and a few other volunteers wrote and used over the last 3 decades. Bloomerang is web-centric; ours wasn't. Bloomerang handles backups; ours didn't. Bloomerang handles security and bug fixes and support; we no longer have to. Bloomerang is sustainable; our home-grown approach was on life support. It was a lot of work to move into the Bloomerang world, but it's now paying off.

Bloomerang has all the pieces we need to manage donors and donations. The customer support is superb. While the FAQs and help pages solve most problems, the phone support is better than most software firms.

Any time new software comes along, the way the authors view the world is different than what users have been doing. It takes a while to get the new gestalt.

Kristine
Kristine
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Customer Support is HANDS DOWN the best.

Kommentare: Wonderful. That is all.

I am a sole user of our agency's donor/constituent software. I'm stubborn and like to try to figure things out before asking for help, BUT Bloomerang's customer service team is outstanding. I've never been on hold or had to wait long at all for support. Plus, you get a real person that also helps you implement things that come about during your conversation. There are also many avenues you can contact them. AND, their webinars with other community partners are always so insightful, and fun!

I'm hoping that we can, down the line, make online donation forms--for general donations and events--a little more visually inviting (easier to read). Also, more like a menu with a shopping cart for check out, instead of working with an outside vendor that integrates with Bloomerang.

Antwort von Bloomerang

Thanks so much Kristine! I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Support. Since Bloomerang acquired Kindful, we have drastically upgraded our online giving tools, as well as added new functionality like peer-to-peer! You can check them out here: https://bloomerang.co/features/online-giving-tools/

Mindy
Director of Business Operations in USA

Bloomerang is great!

Kommentare: Bloomerang is a robust, affordable donor management software that is easy to implement and has a lot of great features such as dashboards, reporting, search functions. communications and donor research.

Bloomerang is easy to use, reports are easy to build, donations are easy to enter and donors are easy to manage. Bloomerang provides free trainings that are very useful and can be shared with your team based on function and need, as well as excellent customer service and support.

The only thing I'd like is to be able to download letters in word format rather than PDF as we often will make minor edits to personalize.

Alicia
Alicia
Chief Operations and Development Officer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A great option for any nonprofit!

Kommentare: Bloomerang is a pleasure to work with! Their customer services is topnotch.

Bloomerang is an excellent donor management tool for our team. After careful research of many options, Bloomerang stood out for its ease of use, library of video tutorials, and functionality. It was easy to set up and has been integral in growing our development pipelines.

Every once in a while we run into a feature we wish was available. Our team is able to quickly open a ticket with the technology team at Bloomerang and many times the feature can be added!

Antwort von Bloomerang

Thanks, Alicia! Keep those product/feature requests coming; we love it!

Lana
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bloomerang is a great choice for nonprofits!

Very easy to use and reasonably priced. Works seamlessly with MailChimp and is easy to tailor to your agency.

Reporting is limited, but good overall .

Bekka
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Bloomerang is a great resource - especially for small nonprofits

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Bloomerang has been an amazing resource for our young and fast growing nonprofit organization.

Ease of use and implementation of giving and funding areas and opportunities.

Some of the forms and reports are overcomplicated.

Development Manager in USA
Musik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic software for the nonprofit fundraiser!

The software is *very* easy to use. The pages load quickly. The search function is very efficient. The product is thoroughly and thoughtfully designed with the nonprofit fundraiser in mind to make most every situation easy to navigate (from, the basics to such things as tributes, or soft credits). Customizing it is very easy and intuitive. In addition to a computer, it may be used on a tablet (e.g. iPad), and a phone (e.g. iPhone) in most scenarios, although on a phone things can be a little awkward, but still usable. Importing a database of 800 accounts was seamless, after taking the time to prepare the import files properly (using the instructions provided on the web site). Coaching for this was available using email or live chat, although the instructions on the web site are so thorough, concise, and clear, that I did not need that. There is a vast library of instructional materials for assisting with most functions (articles and videos), and their customer service department is very easy to access and get clear instruction on things that need more in depth assistance. Regular instructional webinars are offered, which are very informative, and become videos within their vast instructional video library for any user's use.

I use the product at odd times, and live customer support is not available late at night, or on weekends or holidays.

Amanda
Associate Director for Philanthropy in USA

The reporting is Amazing

Kommentare: I've had a great experience and I am really enjoying this CRM more and more as it integrates with so many third party apps.

The reporting feature is by far one of the best parts of this software. I can segment donors, analyze year over year data, and run fundraising to date reports with such ease. There is no need to export data and run analytics in excel when this software does it all for you. I am also a big fan of the bcc feature that allows me to append emails to donors directly to their constituent files.

As an arts and culture nonprofit, we have a membership component to our fundraising structure. I feel that bloomerang's ability to really provide for a membership program is weak. We've made it work with some custom fields but it's not ideal.

Michelle
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bloomerang has everything we need.

Kommentare: Bloomerang has changed how we keep track of almost everything and put it all into one place. We are very pleased with it, and we are still learning more good things.

Bloomerang has amazing customer service. As a small non-profit selecting our first DMS, we reviewed many and then took the plunge and signed up for Bloomerang. Our chats and emails asking for help always receive prompt responses from knowledgeable people. There is no substitute for that level of assistance. We also love the ability to customize our data and all of the other things that can be done with Bloomerang. We have left behind our old systems for keeping track of donations, volunteers, trainings, newsletters, and more!

We are getting better at creating reports that show what we want to track, but this is an area that feels a little convoluted, probably due to my lack of experience. I have received excellent help from Customer Service to get what I need, though. I have a feeling that the large number of steps it sometimes takes to create a report is necessary and can't be changed. I would also like a smoother way to keep track of people who sign up for a free class, and then to track who actually attends the class.

Russ
CEO in USA
Musik, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Game Changer

Kommentare: It was a game changer for our organization. It's probably the only software we use that the entire team (a 9 person staff) agrees on and enjoys using. The Bloomerang team did a wonderful job of onboarding our organization and we really felt like we could access the full power of the software from day one.

Bloomerang is easy to use and keeps our development efforts on track. I especially like the engagement level meter and the integration with Donor Search. Reports have never been easier and are wonderfully dynamic. The integration with our website is seamless, so donors who give online go right into the database and we're immediately notified of every gift. Donors have been surprised when I sometimes email them a personal thank you before they've even logged off of their computer - in addition to the automated thank you they receive right from Bloomerang. It's the one software I actually look forward to logging into each day.

Very few cons. We are a school and I wish it integrated with our registration software. Other than that, love it!

Gina
Executive Assistant in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Could not be more pleased with Bloomerang CRM!

Kommentare: We had previously used a CRM that we were very displeased with and our database was a mess in our previous software. Bloomerang helped clean that up so that we could have a clean transition to Bloomerang. So appreciated!

From start to finish, Bloomerang makes it a priority that the customer is working with a real, live person. Not only is their staff informed and reputable, they are personally invested in their work at Bloomerang and the organizations that utilize the CRM.

This software has been efficient and useful across all categories!

Diane
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bloomerang is easy to use and access stored information plus they have A+ customer support

Bloomerang is very easy to use compared to E-Tapestry which is what we had been using before. Running reports and lists is a breeze and I love that our e-communications and online/recurring giving is all integrated in Bloomerang which was not the case in E-Tapestry. We're very pleased with it. It has saved me lots of time because everything is really intuitive and simple. Plus, the chat support is awesome. If I run into problems I get quick help and usually it's easy to do whatever is I need to do!

The online giving forms aren't integrated into our website (people are directed to a Bloomerang hosted pate) which I think would be nice and enhance the donor experience. I've not done a good job or spent the necessary time to set up grant tracking as I would like to have it and I wish that felt as easy as running reports does.

Bloomerang Review

Kommentare: I work with several clients that use Bloomerang for their database. This software is very easy to use and very user friendly. They are very responsive when you have questions or are having issues using their software. I would highly recommend this database software to any organization. I have worked with two other database soft wares and Boomerang has been the best so far.

I switched to Bloomerang about two years ago and this has been a great change. Their customer service and help center is very easy to navigate and a representative responds to your questions within seconds. From step by step instructions on how to pull reports, trouble shooting problems, helping with deleting and importing new constituents, any issues or questions you have they have answer for you within minutes. I love their feature of online webinars that introduce you to their new features and updates. These webinars are extremely helpful and give me the knowledge and information I need to train new employees on this software. Another pro is that they are open to suggestions and improvements. I have sent in a few changes that would make pulling reports easier and updates that will help decrease entering duplicate constituents and they have taken this feedback and acted on it. Several of their new features address the recommendations I have sent them.

What I like least about this software is that it does not auto populate the city and state when you put in the zip code for a constituents account. This is a feature that I was use to using with other software. This was a helpful feature to have that made data entry easier. I am also not in love with their acknowledgment generator because you can not edit individual letters once they are merged into the Bloomerang template. This is a feature I would like to see, because many of the clients I work with like to add a personal touch to each acknowledgment. We are not able to use Bloomerang for this process because to edit each individual letter we would have to generate acknowledgments one by one, not in bulk, which is very inconvenient and time consuming.

Melinda
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Got out of hostage situation

Kommentare: I came into a new position and when the company mentioned their donor database it was like they were caught up in a hostage situation. They were stuck in an expensive contract with something they barely knew how to work with. A key component of my hire was that I knew how to work with this big, aggressive, expensive system. What a backward way to think! I had always heard of Bloomerang thanks to their presence at conferences, webinars and experts. To move to a simpler system meant more people could use this tool. So what do I like best? Bloomerang became an effective tool so that more than one person could use the system. Increased functionality meant we could accept online donations and training people became a cinch.
Bloomerang is an excellent tool and I can't see any areas for improvement. One feature several users including myself have requested is currently in development. So Bloomerang listens to their users to offer solutions and keep the platform moving forward. They are patching the holes in the roof and doing the maintenance needed- not making you buy a whole new house to get upgrades.

I came into a new position and when the company mentioned their donor database it was like they were caught up in a hostage situation. They were stuck in an expensive contract with something they barely knew how to work with. A key component of my hire was that I knew how to work with this big, aggressive, expensive system. What a backward way to think! I had always heard of Bloomerang thanks to their presence at conferences, webinars, and experts. To move to a simpler system meant more people could use this tool. So what do I like best? Bloomerang became an effective tool so that more than one person could use the system. Increased functionality meant we could accept online donations and training people became a cinch.

Sara
Fundraising, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bloomerang is AMAZING!

Kommentare: Our previous data was kept in an Access Data Base (It was HORRIBLE) Since switching to Bloomerang I've had no issues tracking donors, reaching out to first time donors and our repeat donors by having reports to run at my fingertips. It's simple to enter new information into and so incredibly user friendly for someone who didn't know much about data bases. Right from the beginning when I was researching software programs I found the sales people to be super friendly, non-pushy and incredibly helpful in building my presentation to the board. Hands down it was easiest software to navigate and can do so much more than I've even used it for.

User-friendly; Easy to learn; Awesome customer assistance when it's been needed; prompt responses; dedicated employees (my original sales rep (Gabriel) STILL emails me a couple times in a year to see how things are going and if there's anything I need... :) ) Very easy to get almost any type of a report I need-quickly and effortlessly. I would recommend it to any agency looking to purchase donor software (and have). Sales rep was NEVER pushy but extremely helpful in assisting me with "selling" this product to my Board of Directors. Love all the webinars and teaching tools in the library that I can use if I want.

I just don't have the time in my every day job to use this software to it's full potential. (That's on me, not the product though...) I wish it did grant tracking too.

Carolyn
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bloomerang Review

Kommentare: Exceptional. The best ever experience I have had with a database product vendor.

1. Ease of use: Bloomerang has been easy to learn even for staff members with limited data base experience. Data pages are large and easy to read.Information on the home page is helpful. It is easy to manage and change settings. 2. Customer support: If having difficulty with any aspect of Bloomerang, customer support is only minutes away. I have never had to wait for a response to a requst for a chat. Futhermore, every customer support person provided easy to understand answers, was always friendly and never made me feel unimportant. 3. Always making improvements. The Bloomerang team provides an easy way to make suggestions for future improvements and they are always adding improvements. Plus they communicate well about the improvements. 4. Cost. At the time of our purchase, Bloomerang was a mid-priced option. I do not know how the price compares to other options now but if it is still a mid-range or higher option, it is worth every penny. 5. Reporting is very flexible. 6. The ability to link people in the database and combine them into households. This is very important for a school environment.

I really do not have any dislikes of Bloomerang. The reason is because if I ever have difficulties, I contact them and receive immediate assistance.

Paula

Donor Management Can Be Functional ... and Fun

Kommentare: The reporting and tracking features make forecasting and budgeting process so much easier. I also love the extras like generosity level and True Givers. These bonuses have helped me track down some great new donors.

I came for using another donor management software that was dull and reports were impossible to obtain. My first view of Bloomerang had me falling in love with it's interface. It doesn't just work right, it functions the way I think. And it's so pretty. I don't know about you but I need something that I stare into for hours to be easy on the eyes and Bloomerang's color scheme and playfulness makes it less of a chore. I love the little button up top that links me to direct chat help. Almost weekly, I have someone help me make a new report that I think might be helpful. It's easy enough to do the reports on my own but sometimes their help makes my reports a bit less chunky. They help me weed through the data I don't need to get to what really matters. The support team is awesome, friendly, knowledgeable and willing! The integrations are great, too.

Not much I don't like about it but if I had to pick out one thing: I wish there was Social Media integration with more than just Twitter - IG and FB would seal the deal. Being able to produce an e-blast that translated to a FB or IG post would be ideal.

Antwort von Bloomerang

What a delightful review, thank you Paula!

Kerrie
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Bloomerang CRM

Kommentare: Bloomerang is a quick and fast resource for donor retention, average gift and reports that tell me who I need to connect with and who loves our work. It helps to identify major donor prospects and who are biggest fans are. We use it to monitor email open and click through rates and to help us evaluate our fundraising goals. It's useful for donor engagement as well.

Bloomerang is a simple to use CRM system for donor management and communication. I love that I can do donor emails and donation management all in one system. The customer service/help desk is great, always very patient with a non-techy person. Loads of training resources. So many features that a one person shop can find it hard to learn or use them all.

I wish there was a peer to peer fundraising option or integration with more peer to peer platforms, would love to see a text to give option, would love more automated messaging options, would like donors to be able to log in to change their giving options, would like to be able to go into a recurring donation and change it based on the donor's request instead of having to cancel it and have the donor provide their account details etc again. I have lost over $450 per month in revenue because of this. The donation page doesn't allow for any major changes- I would love to see a button that says 'one time' and one that says 'monthly' so that its clearer to donors who want to give monthly instead of a small box they need to check at the bottom of the donation options. I've lost revenue because of that as well- months later had donors tell me they thought they had set up monthly giving.

Antwort von Bloomerang

Thank you Kerrie! Have you had a chance to take a peek at GiveButter? More details here! https://bloomerang.co/blog/new-feature-givebutter-integration/

Renee
Technology Coordinator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bloomerang is easy to use for all staff at small nonprofit

Kommentare: We are very pleased with the chat feature for help; it has surpassed all of our expectations (it makes it easy to recommend the software because of this). We did not jump into using Bloomerang as a tool to increase donations right away, we first focused on building our system. We had a new development person who, after a year, is finally digging deeper into report analysis, which has been our goal. Bloomerang support is continually updating their product. Understandably, new implementations can take time, but their tech team does listen to their users, so I always take the time to let them know of an improvement I would like to see them make (which hasn't been much!). I think new users need to know that it's not an out-of-the box solution. My team knew exactly what we wanted to improve on from our old software. We put a lot of thought into "building" our Bloomerang. For example, we wanted "organization type" further broke down (academic, business, city/county, civic group/other, faith, foundation/trust, municipal (library/police dept/fire dept etc), public health). We also wanted to gather data by county, but realized later we aren't really using it. We created our database in 2016, so maybe they have examples to provide inspiration to new users, this would have been very useful. We have not used any of the additional paid features, such as viewing in DonorSearch. We serve a rural, low-income area and likely would not see a benefit.

The interface is very user-friendly. I am the tech support person at the agency, but other staff has been comfortable enough to build reports on their own and manage the e-newsletter (mostly admin asst and development director). That takes a lot off of my plate; I only swing in for questions if staff ask, which isn't much. Staff likes generating the thank you letters right from the Bloomerang platform. Regarding the cost, it is a good value especially compared to other platforms. As a small nonprofit of 4500 households, we felt that we could justify the cost, which we choose to pay annually. We rely on Bloomerang for generating our mailing lists. We have two appeals, the fall appeal goes out to everyone. We are able to target our spring appeal to our most dedicated donors. We like the soft credit feature so we can track a person who brought in a donation on behalf of their church and the relationships feature so we can connect how donors are connected with other donors. We expanded the relationships list to faith/faith member, civic group/civic group member, municipal group/municipal member, housemate, academic in addition to family relationships. We use the secure embed donation forms, which removes our responsibility for PCI compliance for credit cards.

We still struggle with the report feature. We have no problem with simple reports, but some can get very complicated and we are not sure if we are doing them right. We always reach out to Bloomerang support to make sure that our info is drawing accurately on the more complicated reports. Usually these reports are staples, so once they are created, the user is good to go for all future use, except changing the dates of the report. We have become very resourceful in finding new uses for reports. We have had to get creative with how we do other things in the system - Bloomerang doesn't fit every nonprofit situation. For example, we use the Pledges feature as a billing solution for sponsors of our annual Holiday Lights drive-through display. We enter commitments as a 1, 2, or 3 year pledge. I can see room for improvement in the volunteer data collection options.

Connie

Great non-profit CRM

Kommentare: One of the biggest benefits for our staff is the ability for all to be able to use the system at the same time, and any changes made in the files are immediately stored and accessible. Obviously this was not the case when we were using an Excel spreadsheet for our record keeping. The ability to add a donor's picture to their file is also a great benefit. We have thousands of supporters and appreciate being able to have reference for who they are, especially prior to an event we are attending. Bloomerang is available anytime, anywhere online. So I can open a file on my phone in an instant to reference a picture, an address or phone number, a recent donation, or to know the giving level of a particular donor.

We are a small agency with 5 employees. We used to use a spreadsheet to track all donations for our agency. After much searching and comparing, we chose Bloomerang as the best option to manage our donor data base. At the time, we wanted to add pictures of our donors for familiarity, but that was not yet available. We were told that would be added in the future, and within the year, it was an added feature in Bloomerang. It is one of our favorite features now. The system is very user-friendly, and anytime we need assistance, or have a question, the Bloomerang staff is very responsive in the live "chat" option and always very helpful. The online free training that is continually available is also great. We recently hired a new staff member who has access to all the beginning level training as well.

One feature that I would like to have, that is not available, is the option to upload a WORD document to send in an email blast. The templates for newsletters, etc. is fine, but sometimes I want to send an event flyer or other custom documents that cannot be loaded in the system.

Fernette
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen

Limited Options and Poor Customer Support

We sought this vendor because of its simple platform and reduced cost.

There are so many negative experiences, it's hard to identify what I liked least. 1. Revolving door customer support. Sales was very attentive, but after we purchased, we had difficulty getting ahold of our customer support. At one point she said she only worked 2 days a week, and then she called from a noisy street. Customer support didn't know about integrations with other products or setting the platform for automation, so it took weeks to allow her to put me in contact with engineering. He answered in a helpful email that took 5 minutes. Constant Contact support is much better than this - it doesn't matter to me who I get on the phone if they are knowledgeable and nice. Other platforms definitely have their support personnel better trained to answer questions. 2. Inadequate documentation for support - Videos, no Texts. As is common I think for startup companies, Bloomerang filmed short videos, but neglected proper text documentation. Our donation director would watch videos, then have trouble finding appropriate parts if she had any questions. Good tutorial documentation has text (that can be searched) and also screenshots to help people know what to do. 3. Poor default donation forms - the donation forms were ugly and not what someone would expect for a donation software. We had to go with MailChimp anyway and so there was the added cost. Bloomerang is definitely not a good option for emailing your list (others have mentioned). 4. Poor search of the donation database. If you wanted to select a list by a certain demographic - like donors of a certain amount or from a different state and some other feature and then email them, then Bloomerang couldn't do it. Although they will take some customization of the donor entry, we often found that adding different client details couldn't be searched. What is the point of adding more details if you can't find them later? We had used another platform with better search capabilities. 5. They do not search for duplicates or common typographical errors. As a result, you may be charged for a much higher number of people that are not truly in your database. Other mail lists like Constant Contact search for duplicates and also make corrections in email addresses (like a missed period between gmail and com). Nothing like that in Bloomerang. 6. They do not stand by their product. There is no customer satisfaction guarantee. Although we stated a desire to cancel the product entirely after the first year and asked the rep not to process our direct deposit, she did it anyway. Bloomerang told me that their policy is not to refund any money even though we will not be using their product at all. I was not contesting the 1 year that we already paid into, what I didn't want to do was pay for the future year because we would not use it because it had so many missing needs. Just using an integration with Mail Chimp would serve us better than Bloomerang. The communication piece with Bloomerang is extremely weak.

Antwort von Bloomerang

Hello, Software Advice community! I'd like to address you, the reader of this review, directly rather than the author, whose review is largely punitive rather than constructive. Bloomerang absolutely stands by its product, which is why we did not allow this customer to break their signed agreement. We did, however, offer to pay for their third year in full. You can see from the feedback on this site that a vast majority of our customers (whom this reviewer condescends) are satisfied. I'd like to address individually some of the more dubious claims found in this review: "Revolving door customer support." Our support team currently consists of seven, US-based internal staff members. Their schedules are as follows (all times are eastern): Jason: 9am-6pm M-F James: 9am-6pm M-F Diana: 830am-530pm M-F Kristen: 830am-530pm M-F Daniel: 11am-8pm M-F Ron: 9am-3pm (3-5pm in another department) MTRF Susie: 11am-4pm T-F Our last turnover in the department was voluntary and occurred in June of 2014. Furthermore, our phone system routes support calls to a dedicated phone on each of our reps's desk. They do not give our their cell phone numbers to customers and do not take calls after hours. Calling from "a noisy street" would have been impossible. Lastly, our support reps are incredibly knowledgeable, not just in the Bloomerang product but in the nonprofit sector overall. For example, Ron has been working with nonprofits since 1987 when he became Executive Director of the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. Kristen holds an MPA in Nonprofit Management from Indiana University. "Inadequate documentation for support - Videos, no Texts." This is simply untrue. Our knowledgebase is filled with text-based documentation, including screenshots and videos. Anyone wishing to see for themselves can visit https://bloomerang.freshdesk.com/support/home and log on with the username: "demo.wayne" and the password "grace123". As for the rest, I invite anyone interested in Bloomerang to learn all that they can about the product's functionality by reaching out to customers who have left constructive reviews here. Transparency is one of our core values, and anyone wishing to discuss this review further - or any of our business practices - can reach out to me or our CEO, Jay Love, anytime day or night. Contact info is readily accessible on our website. -- Steven Shattuck, VP of Marketing