Great Product for a Small Business

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Erika M.
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have had great success with Bloomerang. It has allowed us to become more independent in our finances and really get the information that we need, when we need it. This is invaluable to us, as we have a lot of volunteers that do things for us. We love our volunteers, but still have a business to run and when we have a need, we need to get it figured out quickly.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use, even for entry-level staff with little computer background. I have a few staff that use it to record donations, and it is very easy to show them how it works and what to do. It is also internet-based, so that we can access it from anywhere. It does everything that we need it to, though we are still learning some of the more challenging things like labels, year-end letters, e-mails, etc. The program keeps great records and we can print reports based on whether the information is a transaction or a person. We can also pull information from specific events, campaigns, etc to let us know how much we actually raised from that time period. That helps us budget for the next fiscal year and set goals for future campaigns. That is very helpful.

Nachteile: The software can get very complicated when you start getting into filters. I have yet to figure out how to to get the date the funds were given to us on their thank you letter, instead of the date that I am putting the funds in. Labels are very difficult and at times the reports don't include all the information that we are looking for, and I have to run multiple reports that we add together. I would also like to have a client database attached to it, so that we can run all our programs from one program.

Best Bang for Your Buck

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Lindsey J.
Database Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bloomerang handles not only our team's contact management but is also the financial hub for all of our donations. It is now a tool essential for our department's analytics and fundraising team. We can't live without it!

Vorteile: I like that this software is extremely user-friendly. There is a multitude of tutorials, articles, and narratives of explanation of functions of this product. You will never question how to use this product!

Nachteile: I do wish this product had more add-on features such as texting, social media tracking, and a mobile app.

The best option for small nonprofits

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Ailithir M.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The fact that we can manage our contact database, membership database, donations, and email marketing all in one place has been transformative for our organization. We were previously using Constant Contact, generic spreadsheets, and Razor's Edge separately to do these functions and we wasted a significant amount of time trying to force these tools to do what we needed and to play nicely together. Customer service and tech support have always been available for even the silliest question, and we've been able to get volunteers from teens to senior citizens confidently entering data for us in a very short amount of time. The set-up period was well-organized: looking back, I wish we had done a few things differently, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Vorteile: This software is easy to navigate and intuit. It is built with small businesses & nonprofits in mind, which is obvious in it's design. It is great to be able to track so much data about our constituents in one place, as well as to link that data with transactions, contact information, and even email communication. It's not perfect, but it's improving all the time and is so much better than the other many options we tried!

Nachteile: The email builder (event after the most recent update) is pretty primitive and does not provide all of design the flexibility we'd like - we're an arts organization and our visual branding is really important to us. We wish that there were ways to import formatted blocks from one template into another, to change the background color of a single block, or to manipulate the code more easily. I also wish that we had the options to separate types of transactions (we receive payments for art sales as well as donations) more easily so that constituents' purchases could be separated from their charitable giving.

Bloomerang is AMAZING!

Sara M.
Development Director
Fundraising, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our previous data was kept in an Access Data Base (It was HORRIBLE) Since switching to Bloomerang I've had no issues tracking donors, reaching out to first time donors and our repeat donors by having reports to run at my fingertips. It's simple to enter new information into and so incredibly user friendly for someone who didn't know much about data bases. Right from the beginning when I was researching software programs I found the sales people to be super friendly, non-pushy and incredibly helpful in building my presentation to the board. Hands down it was easiest software to navigate and can do so much more than I've even used it for.

Vorteile: User-friendly; Easy to learn; Awesome customer assistance when it's been needed; prompt responses; dedicated employees (my original sales rep (Gabriel) STILL emails me a couple times in a year to see how things are going and if there's anything I need... :) ) Very easy to get almost any type of a report I need-quickly and effortlessly. I would recommend it to any agency looking to purchase donor software (and have). Sales rep was NEVER pushy but extremely helpful in assisting me with "selling" this product to my Board of Directors. Love all the webinars and teaching tools in the library that I can use if I want.

Nachteile: I just don't have the time in my every day job to use this software to it's full potential. (That's on me, not the product though...)
I wish it did grant tracking too.

Bloomerang Shines In My Toolkit

Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Linda L.
Chief Advancement Officer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The transition was very smooth and I was immediately able to use the features to do my work. Training guides were easy to understand; there was very little ramp-up time required. I was updating and adding constituent records in no time. Creating and printing acknowledgement letters, and sharing reports with my team was accomplished in short time with professional and informative results. I am a one-person shop and Bloomerang allows me to manage my time well and to deliver results.

Vorteile: Ease of adding and updating constituent records - very little time required to master these skills.
Report writing simplified
Email templates easy to use
Retention report updates daily and I see it as soon as I sign on
Flexibility for me to use anywhere

Nachteile: As a new user, edit options were not available for acknowledgment letters with out re-running letters. I am having a hard time identifying what I did not like as I really enjoy using Bloomerang.
Input was given to tech support and software changes were made based on user expectations.

Great for Small Teams!

Bewertet am 7.11.2019
Jacquelyn G.
Development Officer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it's been mostly a positive experience. It is definitely an improvement over our old system (DonorPerfect) and I really enjoy using it.

Vorteile: The reporting abilities and interface is very easy to use even for beginners, very intuitive overall. The customer chat is also really helpful in figuring out the reporting so that makes it even easier. The only issue would be organizing existing reports as they really don't have a good way of doing that yet, but they are trying to improve it. The system itself is also easy to navigate and they are constantly trying to make it better. I also like that the email features are built in which makes it easier to report on results. I also like a lot of the free webinars.

Nachteile: While I like the system overall, it needs a bit more work on core functionality before they carried away on new features. Sometimes they make features that are very one-size-fits-all which often leaves us out. We know what's best for our org, so sometimes we have to opt out of something if they don't let us customize it enough to work for our donors.

Best Product for the Price

Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Lindsey S.
Database Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Perfect. Bloomerang is exactly what my team was looking for and continues to grow and improve daily.

Vorteile: This software is extremely user-friendly. Everything is explained in pop-ups, videos, articles, and by the support team. The system could be picked up and used by anyone on our team.

Nachteile: I wish there were add ons like social media listening or text to give. I also wish there was an app. But these features would cost more, and the low cost is one of the best things about this product!

Best Database for no-profit cultivation

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Stephanie F.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Top notch from software, to pricing, to customer service. I've never seen a company so in tune to what their user wants and needs.

Vorteile: EVERYTHING!! I cannot say enough good about this product. The customer service is out of this world and I can ask a question via chat and have an answer immediately. THey are constantly gathering ideas for upgrades from users and rolling them out. It's extremely easy to use, compared to our old Raiser's Edge Software. The price is less than any other product we researched and they are always following up to ensure our happiness. The software caters to prospect cultivation and offers tons of preloaded reports or that. The ease of creating a report will leave you speechless.

Nachteile: I miss my batch feature, but they are working on creating that and should release it in the future. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues. I'm constantly referring and recommending this product and they reward you with each referral.

Great platform

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Kristina B.
Manager of Annual Giving
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a small shop and need to be able to minimize the time we spend managing the data side of the house so that we can be out meeting with our donors and focusing on donor acquisition. I feel like Bloomerang allows us to manage our data in a user friendly, functional way so that we can focus our time on raising money. My background is major gifts and I have limited technical skills with database management, but Bloomerang is so user friendly that I am able to pull reports, produce lists, upload data, process gifts and acknowledge gifts with ease so that I can focus on utilizing the MOVES management aspects of the database to move our donors through our donor pipeline.

Vorteile: I'm a development professional and my background is high level database work. In my new role I'm having to delve deeper into database management and I'm so happy we have Bloomerang. For the most part I can navigate and produce what I need on my own. However, when I get stuck the customer service of Bloomerang is beyond measure. They are always so friendly and kind, they listen to what I'm trying to do and understand my needs. They help walk me through how to do what I am trying to do, so I learn how to do it on my own moving forward. I honestly can't say enough about their customer support. They also have great (and very relevant) webinars.

Nachteile: The thing I struggle with the most is the usability of the letters and email functions. Formatting is tricky and there seems to be limitations to being able to move images around etc. It always ends up taking me longer to produce a letter or email than I anticipate because I have to play around with the formatting so much. This is the one part of the software that doesn't feel as user friendly.

von Bloomerang an 12.11.2019

Hi Kristina! I'm so happy you're happy with our Support team; they are the best! Check out this upgrade we made to our email editor - it now has drag-and-drop functionality: https://bloomerang.co/blog/feature-spotlight-an-upgrade-to-bloomerangs-built-in-email-marketing/

Fantastic software for the nonprofit fundraiser!

Bewertet am 4.7.2019
Jeff F.
Development Manager
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software is *very* easy to use. The pages load quickly. The search function is very efficient. The product is thoroughly and thoughtfully designed with the nonprofit fundraiser in mind to make most every situation easy to navigate (from, the basics to such things as tributes, or soft credits). Customizing it is very easy and intuitive. In addition to a computer, it may be used on a tablet (e.g. iPad), and a phone (e.g. iPhone) in most scenarios, although on a phone things can be a little awkward, but still usable. Importing a database of 800 accounts was seamless, after taking the time to prepare the import files properly (using the instructions provided on the web site). Coaching for this was available using email or live chat, although the instructions on the web site are so thorough, concise, and clear, that I did not need that. There is a vast library of instructional materials for assisting with most functions (articles and videos), and their customer service department is very easy to access and get clear instruction on things that need more in depth assistance. Regular instructional webinars are offered, which are very informative, and become videos within their vast instructional video library for any user's use.

Nachteile: I use the product at odd times, and live customer support is not available late at night, or on weekends or holidays.

Fantastic support, easy to set up, easy to teach

Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Bryan C.
Development Coordinator
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Bloomerang is a breeze to navigate and search, with a detailed (but not overwhelming) summary view of each constituent, organization, and household in the database. When someone asks, "Who is this person?" I can tell them their top-line donation history, how we met, their capacity to give more, and who they're connected to, in less than a minute and with no effort at all. I can't overstate how intuitive and easy it is to get around, which is always helpful when training new users. After you build a few letter templates, gift processing and drafting acknowledgement letters become a joy. Integrations with Twitter, DonorSearch, and TrueGivers help us know more about our prospects and donors, and keep our address records up to date, automatically. But what I truly like most about Bloomerang is their support. They offer weekly training webinars not only about how to use the platform better, but also about topics in the larger nonprofit field. They offer a whole vault of resources for nonprofit organizations at any stage of growth. Every interaction I've had with their support staff -- by email, phone, live chat -- has been as thorough and helpful as I need it to be. Their "Features Portal" is always seeking feedback on what they could improve, and they're incredibly transparent about what they're working on next and when we might expect an update. In the year since we migrated to Bloomerang, it's been more than clear that they take this feedback loop seriously and listen well.

Nachteile: Bloomerang is easy to use -- at the cost of being fully customizable. I am not a programmer, so this exchange works out mostly great for me and my team, but I can imagine a programmer growing frustrated by the constraints in place to keep the platform easy to use. Take one example: you can add multiple addresses (email or physical) for each constituent, but there is no "note" field for each address. What if three email addresses go to the constituent's various assistants, and only one goes straight to the constituent? What if you mark an address "bad," but now need a place to say why? We've had to add custom fields (super easy to do, by the way) for "Additional Contact Information" so we can track these details, but those custom fields get buried at the bottom of a constituent's profile -- after the default profile information -- and there's no way to reorder the profile so that custom content appears more intuitively for how our organization uses the database. We've had to build in a few clumsy workarounds like this to solve problems that have a more straightforward solution, but those straightforward solutions then become suggestions in the features portal, to be solved if and when Bloomerang decides to. The reporting is a powerful tool, but the filter logic is unusual and has a few pitfalls ("raised" versus "revenue," for example) and a few hidden powers to know about ("has" and nested filters). Definitely take the time to dive deep into reporting resources.

Would recommend Bloomerang to ANYONE

Bewertet am 26.6.2019
Diane H.
Communications Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are in the midst of transitioning some of our processes so that we can really thrive, but I've been surprised that -- thanks to Bloomerang -- we have been able to survive with two less fundraising staff. (You might not want to tell your boss that part!) If you are working in the typical non-profit where you wear so many hats you can't count them all, I strongly recommend that you look into Bloomerang to help you be efficient and effective...and actually enjoy working with your fundraising system.

Vorteile: We're coming up on a year of using Bloomerang, and if it's possible, I love Bloomerang more every day. First, it's easy to use, and there are so many awesome "live" links and features--they've really designed the software to make fundraising work easier! It was designed by fundraising experts so "thinks" like a Development Director, and it helps our small staff spend our very limited time well. Second, reporting and query are a million times easier and more straightforward than with our previous software. We actually trust the results now! And my last "most favorite" thing about Bloomerang is the dashboard. I didn't think I would use it so much, but the fact that it has so many "live" links has made us watch our progress week-to-week, month-to-month and now, for the whole year. Wait! I have to include the AWESOME people (sales, conversion, support, developers, even) who have been there every step of the way. They're super knowledgeable, great communicators, and always friendly and helpful.

Nachteile: To get the quality that I want when I change out our receipt text monthly, I have to work in the html code behind the letter merge function. That takes a little longer and is more tedious than I'd like, but even there, the system makes it much more simple than receipting in our previous software. I should also add that I wish I knew Bloomerang as well as I do now when we started conversion to it. We would have made better choices, but again, I can see how our conversion manager really worked behind the scenes to save us a lot of headaches!

Bloomerang Review

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Event Coordinator/ Data Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I work with several clients that use Bloomerang for their database. This software is very easy to use and very user friendly. They are very responsive when you have questions or are having issues using their software. I would highly recommend this database software to any organization. I have worked with two other database soft wares and Boomerang has been the best so far.

Vorteile: I switched to Bloomerang about two years ago and this has been a great change. Their customer service and help center is very easy to navigate and a representative responds to your questions within seconds. From step by step instructions on how to pull reports, trouble shooting problems, helping with deleting and importing new constituents, any issues or questions you have they have answer for you within minutes. I love their feature of online webinars that introduce you to their new features and updates. These webinars are extremely helpful and give me the knowledge and information I need to train new employees on this software. Another pro is that they are open to suggestions and improvements. I have sent in a few changes that would make pulling reports easier and updates that will help decrease entering duplicate constituents and they have taken this feedback and acted on it. Several of their new features address the recommendations I have sent them.

Nachteile: What I like least about this software is that it does not auto populate the city and state when you put in the zip code for a constituents account. This is a feature that I was use to using with other software. This was a helpful feature to have that made data entry easier. I am also not in love with their acknowledgment generator because you can not edit individual letters once they are merged into the Bloomerang template. This is a feature I would like to see, because many of the clients I work with like to add a personal touch to each acknowledgment. We are not able to use Bloomerang for this process because to edit each individual letter we would have to generate acknowledgments one by one, not in bulk, which is very inconvenient and time consuming.

Bloomerang is an inutitive and user-friendly game changer!

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Annah grace M.
Foundation Director
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My organization was looking to make the switch from Excel spreadsheets to a true donor database. After I was immediately impressed with Bloomerang’s focus on donor retention and all the ways it could help my organization. Bloomerang has been a game changer for my team by providing key metrics in donor engagement, donor capacity and donor retention. It has helped keep us organized and get our fundraising on track. Bloomerang has been a game-changer for us. Not only do we use it for donors, we use it for all givers (which include our volunteers and other community resources). We have found a time-saver in this product! I love that it functions as a CRM tool in addition to the fundraising components. I love that you can customize it to make it work for you, no matter your industry or the complexity of your organization, and still it’s so user-friendly and intuitive! Not to mention, the incredible commitment to education! The free webinars and information are extremely on point and helpful. We are happy to highly recommend Bloomerang any time!

Vorteile: I love the donor-centered nature of Bloomerang and how it focuses on donor engagement. It is customizable, easy-to-use and super intuitive. I am able to easily egment communication to donors and reach them with specific messaging they need to hear. I also love that Bloomerang is constantly improving and has great support. I sincerely appreciate Bloomerang’s knowledgeable support staff and their willingness to take customer feedback seriously. The product team continually makes updates and improvements to Bloomerang based on our suggestions.

Nachteile: It doesn't yet interface with a mass texting or text-to-give software, but I have no doubt that it probably will soon. It is ALWAYS improving!

For organizations small and large, Bloomerang is good fit.

Bewertet am 24.10.2018
Nic M.
Founder and Principal
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our organization moved from Raiser's Edge to Bloomerang just over a year ago. If you are familiar with Raiser's Edge, you likely understand that this is a massive transition to undertake both technologically and fundamentally--but I'm glad we did. We moved away from Raiser's Edge because we needed software that was powerful yet highly intuitive and didn't ship with a price tag that is difficult to justify. A year later, all of my team members are comfortable using the CRM and do so wherever they need to because it relies only on a web browser and internet connect -- no proprietary software or hardware required; no desk to which you're chained. There is a lot of power in Bloomerang at a price point that I guarantee will fit any budget, and the Bloomreang team does a great job of creating a product experience that actually has you celebrating the renewal date because you can cut the check knowing you made an excellent choice. From our first call with the sale's rep and through 12+ months of communication, I have enjoyed our experience with Bloomerang and look forward to many years as a client.

Vorteile: Greater than the Bloomerang CRM itself is the company's incredible support team that is not only quick to respond and meaningfully engage, but does so humanely. Too many vendors staff their support teams with specialists who are technically proficient, but lack the ability to translate their knowledge into kind and understanding support. Without this type of support, clients like me would be left frustrated, defeated and with unresolved issues. Boomerang recognizes that their software AND support team needs to be human, and they do a great job putting this understanding into practice. This understanding is well-implemented in the software itself which requires minimal training to comfortably navigate and use. I am able to train-in team members on Bloomerang's basic functions within 60 minutes, and thanks to the software's intuitive interface, team members aren't intimidated by what they see on-screen, allowing them to explore Bloomerang's functionality on their own. This ease-of-use rings true for me as an administrator, too. Because I can swiftly navigate through the CRM's features, I am more efficient with my time and able to focus on completing projects and tasks without needing to consult a encyclopedia-length user manual. Overall, I have found that Bloomerang's great product and excellent support has elevated our team's ability to do our jobs well. We're not bogged down in the software anymore. We're focused on fundraising.

Nachteile: There are a lot of strategic opportunities for the Bloomerang team to take advantage of as they continue to grow as a company, and an area where I'd like to see growth is with third-party integrations. There is currently a MailChimp integration in the pipeline, but I'd also love to see the door open to platform access through API integration services such as Zapier, which would allow customers like me to easily and securely connect Bloomerang to other key software in use within our department and organization.

Got out of hostage situation

Bewertet am 27.12.2016
Melinda W.
Development Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I came into a new position and when the company mentioned their donor database it was like they were caught up in a hostage situation. They were stuck in an expensive contract with something they barely knew how to work with. A key component of my hire was that I knew how to work with this big, aggressive, expensive system. What a backward way to think! I had always heard of Bloomerang thanks to their presence at conferences, webinars and experts. To move to a simpler system meant more people could use this tool. So what do I like best? Bloomerang became an effective tool so that more than one person could use the system. Increased functionality meant we could accept online donations and training people became a cinch.

Vorteile: I came into a new position and when the company mentioned their donor database it was like they were caught up in a hostage situation. They were stuck in an expensive contract with something they barely knew how to work with. A key component of my hire was that I knew how to work with this big, aggressive, expensive system. What a backward way to think! I had always heard of Bloomerang thanks to their presence at conferences, webinars, and experts. To move to a simpler system meant more people could use this tool. So what do I like best? Bloomerang became an effective tool so that more than one person could use the system. Increased functionality meant we could accept online donations and training people became a cinch.

Nachteile: Bloomerang is an excellent tool and I can't see any areas for improvement. One feature several users including myself have requested is currently in development. So Bloomerang listens to their users to offer solutions and keep the platform moving forward. They are patching the holes in the roof and doing the maintenance needed- not making you buy a whole new house to get upgrades.

Great CRM

Bewertet am 4.5.2017
Lisa N.
Director of Community Relations
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Bloomerang is ideal for agencies that are looking for a straightforward interface with the ability to customize fields and reports to your needs. Their social media integration, relationship tracking, and interaction fields takes our ability to get to know donors to another level. The import function, once you get the hang of it, is an incredible time saver. The ability to embed online donations via a custom Bloomerang form into our website has increased our online donations significantly. The program is continually improving and the customer service is excellent.

Vorteile: -User-friendly interface
-Pretty easy for beginners to pick up
-I love how you can make relationships between people (very nice to pull up a church and find out what volunteers and donors attend that church or go to that book club) and put people into households
-The giving summary on the donor profile and dashboard is a nice visual.
-I like the ability to create tasks (but it would be nice if they sent you email reminders for deadlines that are coming up)
-The ability to create interactions field is very helpful to keep track of your communications, meetings, and other cultivation items that don’t necessarily include a donation.
-Custom forms, including custom donation forms make it so easy to tailor fundraising campaigns.
-Very customizable reports and fields (we now use Bloomerang instead of paying for Volgistics to track volunteer hours)
-Using Bloomerang stripe with our online donation page is fantastic—Our online donations went WAY up from Paypal.
-Great responsive technical support---we use just the online chats and emails and haven’t found a need for phone support.
-Love that this database is always improving. Our last one did not have that capability, so I think Bloomerang has a lot of potential.
-Also love that it’s cloud based---our last database was not.
-You can link your Twitter feed to Bloom and it will automatically populate tweets that your constituents have tweeted, and it gets added to their engagement level.
-I’m using the import function for more and more things…donation entry, mailing interactions, attendance sheets, volunteer hour tracking. Once you get the hang of it, it can save a lot of time if done correctly.

Nachteile: -Report formatting: All reports export to excel, but it only exports the table and information. It would be nice if it at least included a title (so you remember what you’re looking at), and maybe a time and date it was run.
-Reporting: The new reporting function is very powerful and you can pull great information from it. I do have trouble with how Bloomerang collapses each query. With more complex reports it's hard for me to remember each part of my query when everything is collapsed into a small
-Multiple tributes/notificants (for holidays): You can only put in one tribute per donation right now.
-They need a much better way to input tributes and they also need a way to track and send acknowledgements to people: The honor/memorial function is currently the worst part of Bloomerang…it has a terrible, backwards work flow and a major oversight for nonprofits that process a lot of tribute gifts. Although you can add a “notificant” to a donation, there’s no way to actually send letters to notificants through the letter function. We’ve created a process to notify honorees and notificants manually that works great, but that’s something to keep in mind for folks that process a lot of honor/memorial gifts.
-Special note if you go through the conversion process: When you add a new constituent, there’s a field that Bloomerang populates a date called “Created”. However, when your data is transferred, your original Created dates (if it was tracked in your previous system) will be lost and they’ll all be put into Bloomerang as the date the data was transferred. Bloomerang needs to keep the integrity of the original "Created" date of constituents OR create a custom field to place that information so you can run future reports. [There is no way to use the import feature for us to go back and add this information in, so volunteers are adding it for us].
-Task list: I’d like the task list to show more details to help you know what the task is, and send email reminders. Right now you make a task and then forget about it.
-Letters need to export to word instead of a PDF. We have a pdf editing software here to get around that, but would like to keep our Family House fonts and make minor changes if needed, etc.
-Need a way to catch duplicate records (either with a report, or alert if you're entering an address that's already in the system)

von Bloomerang an 9.7.2019

Hey Lisa, good news: you now have the ability to edit individual letters and manage duplicates!

Bloomerang to the rescue!

Bewertet am 14.11.2016
Samantha P.
Development Associate
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a small shop non-profit and because of Bloomerang's affordability, we have been able to transform our fundraising strategies in ways that we could have never imagined. With only three individuals working on the administrative side (Development Associate, Administrative Director, and President & CEO) and needing to raise just over a million dollars each year, we are dependent on the services that Bloomerang provides us. The customer service team is unbelievably amazing and each and every question is always answered in a timely manner. Each rep takes the time to explain WHY and HOW certain steps are important so that you actually can grow and learn. We just generated our year-end appeal mailing list and on our old reporting program, it took running several reports and then using formulas in excel to remove duplicate records. Countless staff hours used to go into this endeavor but because of Bloomerang and the Bloomerang team, we have our most carefully curated and hand-selected year-end mailing list that we have ever had (at a fraction of staff time nonetheless!) Our team chatted with the Bloomerang staff for 5-6 hours and they answered EVERY SINGLE question. We went from spending 30-40 hours creating this list to no more than 10. For this, we are incredibly grateful. The reporting features have enabled us to better direct our fundraising endeavors and we can send targeted mailings with tailored asks based off of future giving capacity. Our acknowledgement letters have an incredibly fast turnaround time and this simply was not feasible when we were still using our previous database. The ability to add interactions and notes to our donor profiles have helped us form a better understanding of our constituents and have provided us with the opportunity to develop deeper relationships with our donors. We also love that our online donation forms can sync with Bloomerang so that we are able to quickly detect whose given to us. The layout and setup of the system is so simple that we can easily have volunteers or interns hop onto the system to help us clean up our database or add constituents. Going back to our earlier point that we only have three people working on the administrative side, it is so important to us that our system is easy enough for other individuals to be able to work on. Bloomerang came to our rescue and I firmly believe it is one of the reasons that this has been our best year to date!

Vorteile: Ease of use, reporting features, capacity to add custom fields to constituent records, affordability, ease of generating acknowledgement letters, simple and easy--to-use email templates, online donation forms syncing with database

Nachteile: None (no really!)

von Bloomerang an 9.7.2019

Can't even begin to tell you how awesome it is to hear this, Samantha. Your experience is what we hope for and strive to provide to every single Bloomerang user!

Easy, Simple Donor Management System with Great Features

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Rj B.
Operations Manager
Fundraising, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We ended up choosing a different system because it had more features and we liked the feel of using it better. However, I spent considerable time demoing and trialing Bloomerang and had regular, relevant communication with my sales person. He was amazing! By his actions and intentionality alone I could tell that if we went with Bloomerang, we would have had outstanding customer service. This company contributes a great deal to the non-profit and fund-raising industry in all its offerings (blog, etc.) and in how it partners with industry experts. Bloomerang wasn't exactly right for us, but I know that if we would have encountered this software a little earlier in our organization's history, we would have gone with it and loved it no doubt.

Vorteile: The Bloomerang system makes it very easy to segment supporters:
- It has unlimited custom field opportunities, which you can easily configure to look nice on a supporter's record without looking cluttered
- It has an excellent "Engagement Meter" that rates by affinity and interactions with your org
- All of those options are easily reportable, and reports are intuitive to run
It also helps organizations keep donor retention as one of the highest priorities through its Donor Retention meter on the main home page. Supporter records are easy to view and have a great timeline showing gifts, interactions, and some automatic highlights (like second gift, lapsed, etc.).

Nachteile: Its user interface feels a little outdated compared to some other CRMs out there. It did not have a reminders feature to remind fundraisers of tasks (though it did have a list of current and past due tasks). The email and letter tools felt limited in the formatting options. It is very simple to use, and when coming from a very robust system, it felt somewhat limiting.

von Bloomerang an 12.11.2019

Hi RJ! Thanks so much for your kind words. Hopefully our paths will cross again someday! You might be enticed by some upgrades we've made to our email system: https://bloomerang.co/blog/feature-spotlight-an-upgrade-to-bloomerangs-built-in-email-marketing/

Great tool for our Advancement team!

Bewertet am 27.9.2018
Erin H.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, our organization has been very happy with our switch to Bloomerang over 2 years ago. It has allowed us to better track donor cultivation and retention efforts, which means we are engaging with our donors more effectively. It's a great tool for our team as we develop our annual fundraising plans and allows all team members to easily check in throughout the year to see how we are progressing toward our goals.

Vorteile: The database is easy to use and customize. The dashboard provides a great snapshot of how our organization is doing on any given day in terms of donor retention and money raised for any active campaigns. Designing custom reports is straightforward with features like drag and drop columns, and the reports run to screen, so it's easy to tell if you have all the relevant information before exporting data. New features are regularly added, including features based on user-requests. One of my favorite features is the live chat support. I'm able to connect right away with someone on the support team, they are knowledgeable about the systems and are able to work with me to effectively solve problems, suggest relevant tips or work-arounds, and are pleasant to deal with.

Nachteile: Currently, in the event registration piece of the database, people can purchase multiple tickets in a single transaction, but only of the same ticket type. I'm hopeful that soon constituents will be able to select more than one ticket type in the same transaction (adult & child, member & non-member, etc.).

Excellent for Most Non-Profits

Jeff M.
Director of Mission Advancement
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: At a prior non-profit, I switched them from Raiser's Edge (desktop) to Bloomerang. I gained a ton of features and saved quite a bit. The conversion was painless. I've only had to contact support a few times and they have always been extremely helpful.
In my current role, I set them up with Bloomerang as their first database.
I have also recommended it on multiple occasions.

Vorteile: Bloomerang is intuitive and easy to use.
Creating and reporting with custom field has never been easier and really allows you to customize it to your needs rather than using a standard field for something else.
The ability to create embedded forms is a lifesaver.
The integrated email capabilities save me from having to purchase another solution like Constant Contact. Plus, these interactions are automatically recorded in the donor/prospects data file.
The integrated DonorSearch option is convenient, useful and cost-effective.

Nachteile: If my organization ran a ton of events, I'm not sure this would be my optimal solution.
Currently, there is only one level of access - so I can't let a Board Member in to look around because any accidental changes they make would be permanent. I know that Bloomerang is working on this though.

Highly Recommend Bloomerang

Melissa S.
Community Engagement & Development Specialist
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy-to-use interface, tons of instructional webinars and training, data entry is streamlined and efficient, reports are user-friendly, web-based system makes it easy to log in anytime.

Nachteile: I wish that duplicate constituents and repetitive data were easier to spot and clean up.

High Quality CRM Product

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Ruth ann L.
Business Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While I am not part of our Fundraising Team but rather am in charge of sending receipts and managing donor satisfaction, I believe that our fundraising efforts have benefited from the options such as "Campaigns" and "Appeals" in ability to build reports that are meaningful to the Fundraising Team.

Vorteile: Boomerang's interface is easy to use and intuitive. I feel confident in using the software for these reasons:
1. I can find my donor's information easily and change (update, merge or delete) information with confidence.
2. I can enter data into the program easily so that the new data is available for the reports I need.
3. I can enter and track constituent donations easily and with confidence.
4. I have transaction history going back to the beginning of our company record keeping because we chose to import all transactions from our previous bookkeeping (not CRM) program.
5. Ability to add notes and interactions helps me establish an easier rapport with my donors when I talk to them by phone or write to them in an email.
6. We made and make use of custom fields to tailor the Bloomerang program to the needs of our animal welfare nonprofit organization.

Nachteile: 1. I wish I could email or print receipts for donors in a single step instead of the 4 to 6 steps it takes to send or print a receipt a second time. While I understand the process, I feel I waste a lot of time working towards sending duplicate receipts to my donors. It is frustrating.
2. I am frustrated that Bloomerang labels so many valid constituent emails as bad. I am constantly trying to validate an email address to the satisfaction of the Bloomerang support team. It is a waste of my time and frustrating to me.

Simple and easy to use!

Miguel M.
Finance & Accouting Assistant
Umweltdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We love this system mainly because of its simplicity, ease of use, and user friendly.

Vorteile: What my team and I like the most about Bloomerang is: 1. The ease of use and customization of fields
2. Simplicity in running customized reports
3. EXCELLENT customer service
4. Gets the job done!:) Not too complex.

Nachteile: 1. Could use a look refresh, the system looks a little outdated as far as style
2. The reporting section could be better organized. Many at my work use this system and all of our reports show in one long list. Would be nice if we could only see our reports or if the reports were broken down by departments.

Bloomerang - Easy to Use and Amazing Customer Support

Bewertet am 9.8.2016
Ben S.
Chief Operating Officer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My organization started using Bloomerang in 2015 when we wanted to switch to a donor management platform where our donation form could be embedded into our actual website (instead of having our donor be taken to an external site). I was immediately impressed with the customer support and ease of setting up my account and importing my existing/past donations. I continue to be impressed with Bloomerang and they address all of our needs as a small nonprofit organization.

Vorteile: Not only is Bloomerang easy to use and navigate, but their customer service is amazing. They are always extremely quick to respond to requests and if I ever have an issue, it is always resolved right away. It allows me to not be worried if something looks off or if an issue arises, because I know I can expect a response almost immediately. I also like the ease of running reports and the variability of the possible reports. I enjoy that I can filter out many details, whether it's regarding donor type or transaction type.

Nachteile: There are a few small kinks that need to be resolved, but I know the Bloomerang team is aware of them. For example, there is an issue when trying to track "Tribute" donations through the platform, as well as being able to review/resend automatic acknowledgment letters to donors. Lastly, I would like to be able to track recurring donations as pledges, but this is not possible with the current platform. All of these are small things compared to the positives that Bloomerang provides.