Über BigTime

BigTime ist für professionelle Dienstleistungsunternehmen gedacht, die einen tieferen Einblick in ihre wichtigsten Ressourcen, ihre Gewinne und ihre Produktivität benötigen.

Erfahre mehr über BigTime

BigTime is incredibly inexpensive and easy to get into compared to competing software. If you have a dedicated team, you could be implemented in as little as a month.

The only thing I can say we really dislike about BigTime is not having a "clock-in, clock-out" function. Meaning the software does not record the time of day you start and end.

Bewertungen zu BigTime

BigTime hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 636 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du BigTime bereits verwendet?

Game Programmer in USA
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A fantastic tool for managing projects

Kommentare: The best approach to keep track of many projects' time and expenditures. Invoicing is also a breeze because to the platform's user-friendly interface. I can view all of my projects and team members in this platform, and we can all manage everything together. The Bigtime team's assistance is also a big plus in my book.

It's a piece of software that performs exactly what it's supposed to and does it well. The process of implementation was quite fair, and the accompanying customer service was excellent. Time tracking and the ability to divide it into other sections if necessary. For numerous projects, I've taken use of the platform's ability to develop custom reports, which have been useful.

BigTime doesn't always communicate to itself, so you have to dig a little further to find the answer you're looking for. In addition, I've used BigTime's "help" option and spoken with a live person who was able to diagnose my difficulties immediately away.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy entry of time and expenses using Bigtime

Kommentare: Companies who bill their customers by the hour and have different hourly rates for different types of work can benefit greatly from using BigTime. Time and expenses can be entered by employees and reviewed by managers before being sent to the client for billing. It's convenient that you may log your time and expenses from any device, be it a desktop computer, laptop, or mobile phone.

BigTime is the program we use for tracking time, managing expenses, and sending out invoices. Using QuickBooks as our primary accounting software has its advantages, and one of those is that BigTime can sync up with QuickBooks during the day to make sure that the two are always up to date.

The approval screen does not currently allow for invoices to be filtered by Team Lead, so all Team Leads have access to all invoices rather than just their own. It's not easy to modify your own report, therefore we typically have to contact support for assistance.

Jenna

Bigtime

Kommentare: Overall this is for big company's with employees over 100 plus to time manage them but need a better system for invoicing.

I like that you are able to create your own engagements per client.

I least like the invoice part as it does not function how it is suppose too. There are to many steps for it to be integrated into QuickBooks.

Antwort von BigTime Software

Jenna, Thanks so much for this review- we really appreciate hearing from all our customers here at BigTime! We are very glad to hear that you're happy with our engagements and how you can create unique engagements per client, but we're sad to hear that you feel that invoicing is not working for you. There are many ways you can use BigTime's invoicing, and there are many help features that can help you learn how. Here are just a few: Knowledge Base Articles/Videos: http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/#invoicing http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/invoicing/posting-invoices-to-quickbooks/ http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/invoicing/posting-invoices-to-quickbooks/video-tutorial-post-invoices-to-quickbooks/ Our Invoicing Webinar: https://youtu.be/yt2LrF9mRAk Schedule a Live Webinar here: https://www.bigtime.net/webinars/ Also, feel free to reach out to us here at Customer Success - we'd love to help you learn more about invoicing! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Georgios
Engineer in Griechenland
Maritime Wirtschaft, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

BigTime review

Kommentare: BigTime is a very useful program.
I suggest it without a second thought.
You can control everything with very big ease and the very imortant is that you know at any time you have next to you the support team to answer all your queries and solve all your problems.
Is my pleasure to use BigTime.

BigTime program can do it all, you can use it for project management modules, time tracking, expenses, resource allocation and finances. Very friendly for use program. Can have integration with WIP tracking and other programs. The 24/7 chat support is very helpful and gently and they can answer to all of our queries.

The mobile app is very limited and it stucks very often. Except this I cannot say that I find something else negative by using BigTime.

Brandon
Brandon
Sales Specialist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

BigTime helps with expense and project management

Kommentare: We are using BigTime to handle our expenses and our projects. We've been having some money problems, and our finance department had been using Divvy before they found BigTime. While Divvy did provide us with a bird's-eye view of our spending, BigTime provided us with a glimpse as well as other, more in-depth insights into our expense management challenges.

You'll be able to teach your coworkers how to use BigTime in no time at all thanks to its straightforward design and user-friendliness. In addition, they sent us materials that taught us how to use the program.

It's possible to spend a lot of money on BigTime. Since the plan we could afford for BigTime didn't include most of the capabilities we required, we had to cancel certain low-priority projects in order to use BigTime to its full potential.

Maddie
Maddie
Game Developer in USA
Computerspiele, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Both the interface and the customer service are excellent

Kommentare: Through the BigTime Wallet, sending and receiving invoices is a breeze. BigTime has improved the speed with which we are paid. The fact that it integrates with Quickbooks makes billing a breeze. Using BigTime wallet, you can get paid much more quickly.

It's simple to use, and the help desk service is excellent. Brittany U. and I got on a Zoom session to discuss the problem, and we were able to address it quickly. You can count on an immediate response from the support team, or at least a prompt reply.

Until the features are explained in greater detail, they may be difficult to use. Is there a way to add files or links to external files to a project? Not yet, at least.

Jean
Jean
Executive Assistant in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Accounts Receivable/Accounting Manager BigTime Review (Not project management)

Kommentare: The training was really amazing. And the capabilities made it well worth the switch from Productive.

The customization and the ability to track just about anything you want for project management, profitability and invoicing. And the integration with Quickbooks.

I wish more fields were customizable. The handful that they allow you to rename are great, but more would be better! I wish there was a 45 day training session to ask questions that arise after using for a bit.

Courtney
Courtney
System Administrator in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

BigTime streamlines our projects efficiently

Kommentare: BigTime's live chat feature is fantastic because of how quickly you can get a response. The interface is quite simple to use. When I need to submit my timesheet, I always turn to BigTime, and I've never had any trouble with it locking up on me or taking too long to load or reload the website.

BigTime makes keeping track of time and money very easy.It provides smooth interaction with QuickBooks Online.With BigTime, it's easy to organize your day and keep track of your projects.

The developer has adopted the idea that fixing all known operational faults will boost business productivity and open the door to future modifications.

Joanna
Business Manager in Kanada
Umweltdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

New to Big Time

Kommentare: The implementation process was time consuming but thorough and we had plenty of assistance along the way. There are various way to learn the systems which is great for a team that may not be able to commit to learning at the same time.

Big Time is so easy to use for time entry, project tracking and reporting. The capabilities of the system are very impressive and the team is committed to continuing to product enhancements.

The amount of time required to get through the data conversion preparation, reviewing data, training and learning to setup the system.

Greg
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Invoicing and interfacing with QuickBooks is a huge plus for my business

It is a full featured package with many tools I am not using since they don't apply to my business

Some features are not intuitive which leads to extra time to complete or change something

Director of Operations in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Lots of Options

Kommentare: Support team is quick to respond and has multiple options to contact them. Account managers follow up frequently.

Ease of timekeeping and expense module.

There are lots of different options to set things up and you need to fine tune what works best for your organization and the other softwares you implement into. Still fine tuning 2 years later to find the best ways to set up projects and tasks for quality reporting. Would like to see white labeling and SSO integrations in the future.

Co-Founder & Partner in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Solid Platform for Professional Services Organizations

Kommentare: Automating, improving, and reducing time and cost required to process weekly time and expense. Providing reporting and audit-ability across the entire process with a few button clicks vs having to sort through manual data collection templates.

Overall, we have been very happy with BigTime and its use in support of our field consultants. Our production implementation went smoothly and their staff provided helpful training and support to assist us with our launch. In addition, we have been very pleased with the configurability of the platform - just about every time we wanted to do something a certain way, for example how we wanted to display the form for our field's timesheet data entry, there was a way to configure the system to our liking. Also, we have been very impressed with the speed of the system and the design of the user interface. It's very responsive, easy to use, and everything is laid out intuitively. Also, the Reporting module is very comprehensive and it provides a way to pull data just about any which way one could want. BigTime has also been responsive and helpful in helping to support us when certain custom reports were required and we needed some guidance. Special thanks to both CSRs for their support with our implementation.

We have no outstanding support tickets currently and we have only seen a few small glitches but once we bring them to the vendors attention there is usually a way to correct it or some type of acceptable workaround. As far as suggested areas we think they can improve upon, one would be having the ability to set up to send specific invoices to multiple customer contacts on the To: line. Another area for improvement is sometimes the bill rate isn’t pulled into the invoicing module consistently so we have to re-enter all the rates in that particular project code. As far as platform enhancements to make BigTime even better, we have suggested the ability to enhance the Allocations module so a manager can forecast a resource across multiple projects within the same or multiple accounts from the same screen/grid. Today this must be done via clicking into each project in the Project List section which is time consuming and a little clunky. This would be huge for us since we have a number of consultants who work on multiple projects across a given week/month/etc. Another enhancement would be to provide easy-to-pull reports that show a consultants profitability (revenue generated minus cost) across a given date range. This is not currently doable with the platform, but all the data is there since the system maintains both bill rate and cost-level information. We are hoping these items make their way onto the product roadmap here in the relative near future.

Antwort von BigTime Software

David, First of all, thanks so much for posting this extensive review for us here at BigTime. It is most appreciated and valuable to get specific feedback from our users. We are pleased that you're finding the platform responsive and flexible enough to meet your needs and we are very pleased that both Jeff and Kevin have provided excellent support to you. Please do reach out to us here at Customer Success if we can be of further assistance in any way - we are always happy to help. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Benjah Maina
marketing in Katar
Schreiben & Editieren, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Honest Review of BigTime

Kommentare: Finding the right project manage the software to keep your projects on time and on budget can be tough. Luckily, big time aims to do just that.Big time is project management software with a focus on time tracking and budgeting.
Big time is project management and billing software targeted at professional service firms such as engineering, legal or IP services. The project management tools allow PMS to track time expenses, project status and task assignments, resource management tools to help keep teams on the same page and see how project plans fit together in big time includes a billing and invoicing features with a variety of industry standard billing scenarios to fit users and their clients specific needs.
Big time is priced per user per month billed annually and offers three plans with increasing prices and features Express Pro and Premier. The bulk of big times features start with that Pro Plan with Premier adding items like resource allocation, revenue projections and unlimited API access. There's no free version of big time but there is a free trial available. Big time is web based and accessible via modern browsers. But it's also available for download on both Mac and Windows, and has mobile apps for both the iOS and Android devices. Big Time comes with a number of features to help you manage project management functions. Big time features project management tools to keep projects running on time and on budget.

-Ease of use -The staff and support as being especially helpful -The mobile timesheet app is convenient for tracking time on a granular level

-Data import from previous systems can be cumbersome with the user citing data not matching up after the import -The intergration with Quickbooks can prove difficult with some users complaing that the system have had a hard time syncing up

Sonia
operations manager in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The training sessions have been paramount to my success with using the software. Brea rocks!

Kommentare: Ease of use with Quickbooks integrations and lots of customizations for staff

Straight forward navigation on all tabs makes all operations easy. I like that all of the administrator functions are kept fairly simple; there are a lot of great ways to customize almost everything, without being overwhelming to learn. Most customizations are nice since you really only need to set them up once, then make small tweaks until everything is just right. The software will be very easy to train new employees to use. I love that it links to Quickbooks; I have so much less leg work than my previous software when it comes to data entry. So far a fairly smooth transition from the previous software.

While there are a lot of ways to customize the appearance of pages for employees, the invoices are still fairly restrictive. I find it odd that I can't change little things like: justifications (Overall message stuck in the center of the page and I can't indent it lower), and the job name is right justified and continues long names to the next line mid word sometimes; the color or boldness of each text line (ex. I would like the job name bold or larger font and some lines to be in color). I know these changes can be made as a word doc, but then it won't change my template in Big Time.. Second, creating a report to my liking has been very challenging. I need a monthly report for each project manager with an individual detailed overview of each project every month. However, when I have tried to tailor existing reports or make my own I always get an error that my report can't be created. Third, our billing cycle falls mid month and it would be preferable if timesheets and billing could be broken up by custom billing cycle rather than monthly. It's hard to track the cycle with just a weekly timesheet view. It's a change we can work with, but it requires a lot of extra work for the admin to constantly filter in invoicing. Lastly, the character limit on job titles is painfully small. We have a hard time getting all crucial information to fit. It would help dramatically if the job info screen had a place to record the address of the job.

Forschung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good Basic system that is easy to use

Kommentare: Overall BigTime is a good system that works for what it is suppose to and is simple to use for someone that knows how to use a computer. We have been able to track hours against certain projects by person which helps us with cost estimating. I am sure there are plenty of good systems out there but I have been satisfied for my responsibility when using BigTime.

The ability to pull out job lists with titles is very convenient for having team review meetings. You are able to pull out most reports into excel and filter and sort from there. Having the task status is very useful for those who utilize that feature. My office does not take full advantage of the capabilities this system offers but does work for us when being used.

For the new Gantt chart feature I have not been able to use very much but am disappointed it is not able to be exported into excel like the other reports. The difficulty with this system is that it is only as good as your weakest link. For my office enforcing full participation is difficult and that prevents us from taking full advantage. I do not work in accounting but apparently it does not sync as well as it used to for quick books and other software. This makes work duplicated on that end which is really inconvenient. Another item that is irritating is when pulling complete job list you have to do it a certain way or else it will not pull old jobs that you were not listed as team member for. That caused some confusion/concern during review meetings.

Tamara
Director of Operations in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Small Business Review of BigTime

Kommentare: Overall, BigTime is effective and does what we need it to do. We are happy with it. Customer Support is also really good. They are helpful, patient, and thorough.

BigTime has all the features we need to track time and expenses and automate billing. Forecasting and utilization tools are also great features which allow us to better manage staffer availability so clients are covered and staffer's aren't over worked. Reporting and analytics are very good, though there are some reporting features that could be improved

There are some idiosyncrasies that can get tiresome; date ranges disappear constantly when drafting invoices; there are features that have an adverse effect on rate population if not used properly, some internal functions clash if entered (or not entered) in multiple places, online tutorials could be better, live chat can take a very long time - i have noticed that upgrading to Premier has helped - the wait is now no more than a few minutes.

Soncerie
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Big Time Switch from Timeslips after 20+Years

It is bendable once you figure out exactly what you need it to do. Customer Support works with you to get to your end goal. I am particularly pleased with the ongoing support have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who handles every support ticket with Support, Satisfaction and Complete Competence . Her knowledgebase is clearly an asset to her customers and what she is unsure of, she escalates and does not spin her or your wheels wasting time, which is a precious commodity in the World of REMOTE WORK Space.

Its inability to perform some task that I am used to which is to be expected in a switch form one system to the next.

Terri

Invoicing Webinar

Kommentare: I love the software for invoicing.

I think the software is very user friendly, however, there are parts of it that I have never used and not sure how to use it.

I think the software is very easy to use, but I would like to know more about how to use the features I don't use.

Antwort von BigTime Software

Terri, Thanks so much for this review! We're most pleased that you found our Invoicing Webinar useful and that you're also finding your BigTime user-friendly and easy to understand. In regards to learning more about BigTime, there are many options: Knowledge Base: http://kb.bigtime.net/ - we have 100's of articles on almost every topic imaginable about BigTime here. Just type in what you're looking for and hit enter! Blog - https://blog.bigtime.net/ - our weekly updated blog has tons of excellent articles: industry best practices, tips & tricks, frequently asked questions, and much more! Webinars - https://www.bigtime.net/webinars/ - webinars that cover multiple topics offered each month. All free, all the time. Also, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support or Customer Success Teams - we're happy to help! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Amy
Design Director in USA

Big Time Review

Kommentare: I really love Bigtime because of the customer support. Without that this would be extremely challenging. I hope there will be more development to make the program more fluid for various types of projects.

Simple interface, fairly user friendly, and customer support!

The behind the scene formulas are not always intuitive - negatives mean positives and vice versa. There isn't a ton of flexibility with customizing the workflow as it relates to the process in our studio. For instance, we had to set up our tasks as labor codes and each timesheet entry that has a different labor code needs a new line. There is often a lot of back and forth to understand workarounds. Also trying to understand how to display something the way we want to see it is challenging and without the support we would have been lost.

Antwort von BigTime Software

Amy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review for us here at BigTime. We are very pleased that our software and support and proving helpful to you. Also, we wanted to let you know that in addition to our support offerings, we have an excellent Knowledge Base that can also be used to assist you when you have questions. Feel free to check it out here: http://kb.bigtime.net/ Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions - we look forward to hearing from you! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Ben
Vice President in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Core features have degraded - Buggy updates

This product is easy to track time with. When features work, the dashboards and reports are helpful for analysis.

It is difficult to use reporting because it breaks frequently. This seems to have occurred more often over the last several months than earlier in our time using the product. Customer support acknowledges bugs, but development is slow to correct key features, such as the loss of the ability to export simple reports to Excel. The product seems to over promise and underdeliver a lot of the time. We recently upgraded one of the modules based on meetings with the sales team. Shortly after purchasing, key dashboards suddenly stopped working. Communication could be improved. Customer service has acknowledged being aware of a bug before we reported it, but never let us know. I would value communication regarding the health of the product to help with our planning, rather than the frequent marketing notices.

Jonathan
Architect & Engineer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Really Great Software for my day to day!

As a startup architectural business, keeping track of billable time on jobs is of utmost importance. I just finished the implementation phase and I am extremely pleased with BigTime and the implementation staff. When making my decision to go with BigTime, I researched various companies. I found BigTime’s fee structure to be welcoming of startup businesses. Once we began the process of implementation, I realized that BigTIme is very robust and that I currently only need a small portion of what the software can do. My contact at BigTime was easy to work with and he let me lead the process and drill down to only what I need and exactly what I need. During one video call my contact invited a BigTime programmer to listen to what I was trying to accomplish. That step made all the difference and I am extremely grateful for the custom reports that were set up for me. It’s a good feeling to know that the fee structure and software capabilities of BigTime are all in place for me to grow my business. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and BigTime!

Nothing to note yet. There might be something once I get farther in.

Carlos
Partner in USA

implementation support was lacking

Kommentare: the software is nice, the implementation guy and the support team does not seem to know it well enough

ease of use, sync with Lacerte, cloud, layout and features

Implementation person assigned to us ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) lacked good knowledge on the software and was vague and unclear on best practices of the software, did not have a full understanding of features, import capabilities, etc. We purchase the data import package and that process was bad, the numbers did not match ours, he just told us the import was done and provided not reports to show the numbers matched. Also the WIP import time was not able to be billed and he pushed us to support.

Antwort von BigTime Software

Carlos, Thank you for posting your review for us here at BigTime. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback from our customers and we're glad that you're finding the software easy to use and that our features are working well for you. We do apologize for your data import related experiences and please know that we're taking your feedback to heart and examining our processes to ensure that our BigTime customers receive only the best training and support. Thanks again for letting us know. Please reach out if there is anything we can do to help. Thank you, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Paula
Controller in USA
Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Controller

Kommentare: We are still implementing

User friendly Dashboards however set up is much more than originally thought

More difficult to integrate with Quickbooks that originally told.

Antwort von BigTime Software

Paula, Thanks so much for submitting a review for us - we sincerely appreciate hearing from all of our customers. We're very pleased to find that the Dashboards are user friendly and we understand that the front-end load for implementing BigTime can be a bit much, but luckily, once this is complete, using the software becomes much easier. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team, or your Customer Success Representative - we're always happy to help. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Christopher
Director in USA
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Smooth Transition

Kommentare: Overall great experience. rep has been extremely helpful, thorough, and patient! He has made the transition as smooth as smooth could be given the amount of data we had to migrate. If you can you should ask to have him as your migration manager

Well, it's the next evolution of something we've been using for a long time. Love all the new features, the new, easier to manipulate, analytical tools are great. We are hoping that making this level of control available to project managers will alleviate the manual paperwork workload they currently shoulder given our antiquated invoicing practices.

It doesn't have the ability to export and sync invoice data to QB as a percentage of phase fee. This makes it difficult to integrate BT invoicing directly into QB data. A problem made even more difficult given that all of our projects to date have been invoiced from QB

Al
Network Administrator in USA

BigTIme makes time and expense tracking easy.

The web interface works well and is very intuitive to use. Since it is cloud based you can aceess it from any web browser.

I would like to be able to have more than one timer running concurrently, but I understand wht this is not allowed.

Antwort von BigTime Software

Al, Thanks so much for leaving a review for us here on Capterra, we truly appreciate it. We're also very happy that your BigTime is making your life a little easier by helping you record your time and tracking your expenses via the web! Regarding your question about running multiple timers at once - the reason for this is straight forward: BigTime timers are not a clock-in/clock-out system, but are tracking your time minute-by-minute, second-by-second, like a stopwatch. If you could run multiple timers at once, then, there's a possibility that you might double-charge some customers, or even accidentally charge "Customer A" for work that was actually done for "Customer B"- and no one wants that. However, it's very easy to switch from one timer to another - just a click! If you'd like more info on timers, please check out this KB Article: https://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/tracking-time/using-timers/ We hope this helps! The BigTime Customer Success Team