A Great Auction Management Option

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Barbara M.
Fundraising Committee Co-Chair
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We found that using Bidding Owl helped us to organize our auction items and gave us greater flexibility with making adjustments to pricing and bid increments than we had using manual bidding process. It saved hassle and frustration for both us and our bidders at the end of the night! It was exciting to track the progress of the bidding in real time and obtain data that can be used going forward. Overall, it was a positive experience and we look forward to using it again next year!

Vorteile: For a small organization, it was great to have an online auction management service option that had a simple, relatively low cost pricing structure in order to eliminate the risk associated with subscription fees or high up-front costs. The customer service was very responsive and quick, whether by email or by phone. Item entry and management was simple and generally intuitive. It was great to have the ability to enter default choices as a batch and to update them as needed individually or as a group. Also, it was helpful to have the ability to upload 3 pictures per item.

Nachteile: There were some features that are less intuitive, so perhaps a more robust help section to eliminate the need to contact Customer Service. However, as mentioned above, they are very responsive, but it would be nice to find more answers without that step. Although there is a nice printable instruction sheet for registering and bidding for users, I would find it helpful for future updates if there were more printable step-by-step instructions for volunteers (who may be less familiar with the software) to reference during bidding and check out. I was disappointed that there is not an automated way within the software to create display bid description sheets automatically. However, customer service recommended that we use the export items feature and perform a mail merge in Word, and that worked beautifully for our purposes.

Bidding Owl is a great, cost effective way to get your fundraising auction online.

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Auction Chair
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been really pleased with the overall experience with Bidding Owl. I think its best feature is the customer service. They have helped me repeatedly, even when the problem is on my computer's end and not a site issue. I highly recommend Bidding Owl for a small to medium fundraising effort. Ours is a school parent club raising approximately $35k-$50k per year.

Vorteile: I find it really user friendly for the most part. I like the ability to include items that are in our silent and live auctions without being charged a % fee for them. Bidding Owl has really reasonable rates and amazing customer service. I love that we have our own auction site name that is easy for people to remember and to use in marketing materials. I would love to try mobile bidding, which I think is a great feature, but the location we've used for many years for our auction event has really poor internet.

Nachteile: There are certain features I wish would be implemented, such as the ability to rearrange images and the ability for bidders to right click on items to open them in new tabs. Other auction sites have this feature, and I wish BiddingOwl had it as well. I also really wish we could store people's credit card information to make checkout more streamlined at the end of the live/silent auction event. I wish there was more flexibility in editing our home page design.

Bidding Owl is great for schools and non-profits

Bewertet am 4.4.2019
Melissa M.
Vice President
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a school group and non-profit we really needed a low cost auction solution. Not only was this low cost, but we increased our auction revenue so much over the standard paper and pen silent auction. Our parents and bidders loved it and loved being able to bid on their phones during the event. Just remember not to plan anything big at your event during the last 10 minutes of auction bidding, because everyone will be glued to their phones and having fun bidding. Proxy bid functionality is awesome, but lots of bidders still like to be in the moment and do it manually.

Vorteile: We liked that we could use it and test it out before buying. It is user friendly and we are able to quickly add new items to our auction. This is our second year using it and we really liked the option to carry over the listing from last year and edit, delete or add as needed. It saved a lot of time.

Nachteile: We wish the pictures on each listing could be larger or that the bidder could zoom in on them. I feel like all of our bidders can't see the amazing detail in our auction baskets. We also experienced a slight issue with bid increments and proxy bids. We set the bid increment on all of our auctions to $5, but the way proxy bids would outbid regular bids sometimes allowed a bid of $91 for example. It confused some of our bidders.

BiddingOwl has completely restructured our annual fundraising auction

Bewertet am 21.3.2019
Julie M.
Auciton Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After 10 years of doing the traditional live and silent auction, we decided to give the online auction option a try. After quite a bit of research, we chose BiddingOwl as our online software. We now make more than half of our total profit from the online part of our auction, and I am pushing to completely move to online only. BiddingOwl has made this shift incredibly easy and profitable. We are now able to reach a much wider audience. This is our fourth year using BiddingOwl and we will continue to do so!

Vorteile: Great customer support, especially for a "newbie" like me. The overall look is generally nice and clean. The bidding and check out process is fairly easy from the consumer end.
I like that we can save items from year to year. Once you've set it up once, the work has decreased immensely over the years.

Nachteile: I'd like to have a little more choice in font, colors, etc during the set up.
It would make sense to have the logo (and other info) for a donor come up when they are chosen as a donor for an item.
It would be helpful to keep bidders in the database when the auction is reset.

BiddingOwl Review

Bewertet am 11.6.2019
Joel N.
Data Analyst
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lets you plan online auction with less hassle. Adding items for auctioning is simple and you can add them prior to the day of auctioning. It also reaches a wider audience in the most convenient way. Online auction is way simpler thanks to BidOwl and smart devices.

Vorteile: One of the best thing about online world is being able to reach many people, and working with this software just shows how sometimes you can limit yourself when you stick to traditional systems of handling business. The software lets you track the entire auction process in real time. You can tell how you're performing and track progress to identify trends. Reports on auction activities can also be saved for future references in case you want to know which direction is best for your next online auction. No one is good at everything and you have to learn and try new things. Great customer support makes it possible to wrap your head around the tool and be able to take off just in good time. It's also cost-effective, which lets you focus more on revenue maximization. Since you can reach a wider audience, good planning and execution can get you tremendous results It's very user-friendly. Adding items for auction on the tool is much simpler with templates. Also, you can add items prior to the big day so your bidders can get to know what's available.

Nachteile: There should be an option that lets you print bidding sheets. Drag and drop feature isn't available. Would be a good thing to have.

von BiddingOwl.com an 14.11.2019

Thank you so much for your feedback! We wanted to make sure that you knew that there is an option to automatically print your bid sheets in a run through the Print section of your Auction Administrators page. If you ever need any assistance please feel free to give us a call!

An experience like NONE other with www.biddingowl.com

Bewertet am 25.10.2019
Cynthia B.
Exec.Director
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our agency has experienced no problems with biddingowl.com. Everything about them is top-notch and professional. Each time I use the system for an annual auction fundraiser, I am more and more pleased with this software. There is no way we could spend the time 're-inventing the wheel' to have our on line auction. We are very pleased at Arthritis Patient Services in Charlotte, NC.

Vorteile: We have been long standing customers with bidding owl! The system is user friendly, and it works like a charm! I am so pleased when I email or call in to the bidding owl office that someone is always able to help me get through any issue. This service matters most to our non-profit. In all our years using the system, no one has ever complained about access and usage.

Nachteile: It is difficult to think of cons...but if there was one thing I would change it would be to allow for larger photographs! Sometimes I just want to almost 'shout' about an item and its' value for the bidder!

Amazing customer support for the most effective bidding site

Bewertet am 26.11.2018
Aude S.
Buyer - Compliance and Development
Fundraising, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used BiddingOwl.com for 2 separate school fair auctions (2017, 2018) and i'm about to use it again in May 2019 for an other association.
As I use Bidding Owl for fundraising and volunteering activities, I would love to see the 5% decreased for non-for-profit activities, however, BiddingOwl.com has been the most effective, helpful, bidder friendly online auction site I have ever used.
The auction set up is easy enough but it's the bidding side which is the highlight and main benefit as the bidders are the most important part of the auction.
The support is exceptional, diligent and prompt.
I would definitely recommend BiddingOwl.com to any enterprises looking for a auction site.

Vorteile: Ease of sharing website with bidders and user friendly bidding
Great advertising inserts for donors
Extremely helpful customer support

Nachteile: Cheaper fees
Website creation and pulling out can be labor intense
Bids sheets and certificates templates could be a little fancier

Super easy and fun way to set-up an auction to fundraise for our non-profit

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Melanie J.
Admin Asst
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bidding Owl made our online auction run smoothly. It was easy to set-up and manage plus our bidders had a positive experience as well. Would definitely use Bidding Owl again.

Vorteile: Easy step by step process to set-up an auction. Allowed for multiple pictures of the items. Easy to use and manage the auction. Easy to close out the items and locate shipping information for winning bidders. Connects with PayPal for easy and quick payment.

Nachteile: We had one bidder who backed out of the purchase and I couldn't locate a place on the bidding site to cancel his bid and select the next highest bidder. I had to call customer support and they handled it quickly.

Perfect for first time online auction for school fundraiser

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Cynthia L.
volunteer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Since i am typing this review before the auction ends, my overall experience is good. This is the first time our school moves from traditional paper silent auction to online bidding. We'll see how much this is better than the traditional way.

Vorteile: With the simple and easy-to-enter templates, i got a bunch of items online in no time. Customer support replied to email within a day. With the software, we can now let parents to see what items are on auction before the day of event.

Nachteile: it would be nice if they support more than 1 count of an item in an auction. i don't want to have 12 identical items on a page because we have received 12 of them. it would be better if we can limit the site to invitation only.

Another Successful Auction

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Robert W.
Treasurer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It was a great experience and i found the support to be very helpful. I sometimes felt bad having to call them about something I probably should know, but they were patient and helpful.

Vorteile: Bidding Owl is user friendly even for someone who is not techy. As we continue to use it we find even more features that have helped us with our Auction.

Nachteile: At first i was afraid to click on some of the menu buttons for fear of what might happen. I soon learned however that they have safeguards to prevent you from having to proceed in something you are not sure of.

Bidding Owl helped us make our Silent Auction the most successful ever!

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Connie T.
Carnival Chair
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our auction raised 50% more than last year, thanks to Bidding Owl. This whole process made the day of our event so much more manageable, streamlined and FUN! Can’t wait to use Bidding Owl again next year!!

Vorteile: The software was very user-friendly and the Help options and videos were extremely helpful! If I couldn't find an answer, Customer support were a quick email/phone call away...and they were quick to respond! It was also a breeze for our bidders to navigate as well.

Nachteile: I suppose there were a couple times we weren't able to manipulate the grids the way we wanted to, but that's likely because none of us were too computer savvy. Having said that, it was surprisingly easy for us computer novices to get the information we needed. Again, Customer support clarified pretty much everything for us!

Fantastic site and great customer service!

Bewertet am 9.9.2018
Kathi Q.
Treasurer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used this for our yearly on line auction for 4 years with great results. It is our biggest fund raiser of the year. It is a way to raise money that is successful for our rescue and people have a lot of fun using Bidding Owl. They have told us they look forward to this auction every year.

Vorteile: It is easy to use and the customer service is top notch! This is the 4th year we have used Bidding Owl and have been more than pleased each time.

Nachteile: In all honesty I can't say that there is anything that we have not been pleased with while using this service.

Bidding Owl a great product!

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Jennifer G.
Manager Strategic Relationship Management
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used this software for our elementary school online auction. It was great to use for bidders, visually really bright and pretty! The cost was wonderful too for what you receive! Im a huge fan!

Vorteile: I loved the ease of use for this product. Set up was extremely easy, support was quick very responsive and helpful!
The product has reports you can run and emails you can send to bidders and winners. Easy to download to excel as well. I also loved that it works on your mobile as well for easy access. Great for the price.

Nachteile: Only con would be if it would ask users for their childs name as well so it would appear on the invoices since im using this for school.

Out Not-For-Profit Business experience of Bidding Owl

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Valentine X.
VP
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was great. We initially thought the SMS alerts were not working but in fact they were and worked fantastic! Having a different pricing structure for NFP (Not For Profit) organisations would definitely get more customers their way.

Vorteile: We liked how easy it was to enter the the Bidding Item, the Donor and the bidding specifics, such as Market Value, Start and Bidding increments. We also like the ease of updating these details. The Multiple edit options to change from Silent to Online auction was really great as it saved as individually going thorough each item and manually changing it!

Nachteile: Not many, except we are based in Australia, and even thought the Bidding End Date and time was shown, the countdown clock was showing what I'm guessing was Michigan Time zone. Although this could have been our fault for not configuring it properly. I'm sure there is an easy fix for it, otherwise we couldn't find any faults with it.

Outstanding Customer Service

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Melissa C.
Fundraising Coordinator
Fundraising, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are new to using an online system for our auction, and I have been very pleased with BiddingOwl.com. From my initial questions before we decided to use their platform for our auction, throughout the entire set-up process, their customer service has been top notch. Very responsive and informative.

Vorteile: I love the ease of setting up individual auction items. The item management system is very easy to use, which makes my job so much easier!

Nachteile: I wish that there was an online app for biddingowl, that was optimized for smart phones.

Basic and Useful Fundraising Platform

Bewertet am 15.11.2018
Marina S.
Events & Development
Umweltdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Customer service responses are timely and helpful. I would love to see an updated look for auction pages and more customization options.

Vorteile: User friendly platform to raise funds for our non profit organization.

Nachteile: Payment integration, there is always the concern that a bidder can commit to purchasing an item but not follow through with payment as it is collected through another platform

Great For Elementary School Auction

Bewertet am 22.3.2019
Sarah W.
auction chair
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is our school's third year using BiddingOwl.com to run our online auction and to sell our auction tickets. It works perfectly for our needs and charges a very fair price. The customer support is great.

Vorteile: I love that there is no subscription fee. The costumer support is great and I love that you can "reset" your auction if most items stay the same from year to year, rather than having to re-enter all items every year.

Nachteile: The close out process took me a little bit to figure out (although I am not super tech savvy).

Overall, a great value with lots to offer.

Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Christa P.
Auction Chair

Kommentare: Economical way to provide online fundraising services.

Vorteile: A lot of tools to use for fundraising
I like that you can preset auction preferences so you do not need to enter the same info for all items
Customer Support was very quick with all inquiries!

Nachteile: Item management was tedious. The full list of items was difficult to sort in any way. Once sorted, as soon as you update another item, it defaults back to how it was originally sorted. I had to keep resorting my item list to find the items I needed to update. I would have like the ability to print bid sheets for online auction, as ours started as an online auction and finishes at an event, as an online auction. Providing QR codes to each item is a miss. We had to manually do this for our event, where other services provide it. If web addresses and logos are provided in donor section, that should pull through to item section when you tie it to a donor. Instead, we had to re-enter all logos and websites on items.

Highly Recommend Bidding Owl

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Laura H.
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience with Bidding Owl was fantastic! The customer service they offer is truly top-notch. They are polite, helpful and quick to respond. We look forward to utilizing this software again in the future.

Vorteile: Bidding Owl is incredibly user-friendly and offers a variety of options to customize the type of auction you are trying to build. I love how quickly we can add items, track bids and adjust features as needed.

Nachteile: We had a lot of donors, and the scrolling banner only offers a single-line scroll. 2 or 3 scroll lines to maximize the donor view would be a great addition.

GREAT PRODUCT FOR NON-PROFITS

Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Maritta m. H.
Co- Vice President
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a small K-5 elementary school and Bidding Owl has allowed us to keep providing a fun community event (our online auction) without a significant profit reduction.

Vorteile: It is pretty intuitive and not hard to navigate for first-time users.

Nachteile: There isn't a way to upload a spreadsheet for the auction items, so there's lots of key strokes necessary for each item. The Item Management portion is the most cumbersome of the entire site.

AMAZING ONLINE AUCTION SITE

Bewertet am 1.5.2018
Dylan K.
N/A

Vorteile: Bidding Owl was so incredibly easy to use! Its a great site to manage auction items, bidders, donors, sponsors and more for an amazing price. Bidding Owl's customer service was top notch! They were always there to answer questions and help us. Whether you are an online expert or novice, first time fundraiser or a professional fundraiser, you will love this site and software.

Nachteile: Nothing. The software was so easy to use and manage.

Great tool for auctions!

Bewertet am 5.4.2019
Dayshel R.
Director of Community Development & Operations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software has comparable tools to those that charge large membership fees. This is the perfect tool for organizations that want to streamline bidding.

Nachteile: There is nothing I don't like about this program.

Easy online auction option!

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Annie L.
Receptionist
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ease of use in creating items, uploading pictures and seeing bidding statistics.

Nachteile: It would be nice to have an option to save the previous auction when starting a new one. I was able to export excel files with item and winner information though. It's also very simple to email customer support and they reset my auction to start a new one within 15 minutes!!

Kudos to support staff

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Lonnie I.
Golf committee chairman
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While at first we were unsure that an auction site was for us the ease of setting up our auction and the apparent ease of bidders to set them selves up we are on track to meet our goals for the auction. The support staff are FANTASTIC. Product is a definite 10

Vorteile: Never used a site like this before but was able to set up our auction and add items with ease

Nachteile: Haven’t discovered any part of site I dislike

User and NonProfit Friendly!

Bewertet am 30.1.2019
Alayna M.
Crisis Intervention Specialist
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Super happy with Bidding Owl and will use them again in the future for online auctions! Highly recommended! Good price of 5% for nonprofits too!

Vorteile: Bidding Owl was easy to understand and use. As a first time user of an online auction site (and first time for the nonprofit), Bidding Owl was my first choice and we are so happy with the outcome! The ease of uploading information and pictures of your auction items and the invoices with totals made our auction successful and organized. Customer service was also super helpful in answering questions and getting back to me quickly!

Nachteile: The only critique I have is the shipping costs. I expected it to be optional for the bidders/winners and unfortunately they were charged for shipping regardless if they picked up their items. Waiting to hear back from customer service about this one!