Über BiddingOwl.com

Kosteneffektive Lösung für gemeinnützige Spendenauktionen. Alle Funktionen – Umfassender Support – Ein einfacher Preis – 5 % pauschal

Erfahre mehr über BiddingOwl.com

I love how quickly we can add items, track bids and adjust features as needed.

There should be an option that lets you print bidding sheets. Drag and drop feature isn't available.

Bewertungen zu BiddingOwl.com

4,9

BiddingOwl.com hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 117 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du BiddingOwl.com bereits verwendet?

Aude
Aude
Buyer - Compliance and Development in Australien
Fundraising, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing customer support for the most effective bidding site

Kommentare: I have used BiddingOwl.com for 2 separate school fair auctions (2017, 2018) and i'm about to use it again in May 2019 for an other association.
As I use Bidding Owl for fundraising and volunteering activities, I would love to see the 5% decreased for non-for-profit activities, however, BiddingOwl.com has been the most effective, helpful, bidder friendly online auction site I have ever used.
The auction set up is easy enough but it's the bidding side which is the highlight and main benefit as the bidders are the most important part of the auction.
The support is exceptional, diligent and prompt.
I would definitely recommend BiddingOwl.com to any enterprises looking for a auction site.

Ease of sharing website with bidders and user friendly bidding Great advertising inserts for donors Extremely helpful customer support

Cheaper fees Website creation and pulling out can be labor intense Bids sheets and certificates templates could be a little fancier

Jamie
President in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Absolutely fantastic for fundraising and the best customer service!

Kommentare: Their price point for non-profits can not be beat! Personal one-on-one service and a great piece of software.

Bidding Owl has revolutionized the way that our non-profit organization is able to fundraise! Previously we were only able to reach people at in-person events and with the ease of use, registration process, and ease of sharing to the world, we have raised 20 times as much money. It's really astounding. The best part has truly been the customer service! Very helpful to walk through all the set-up steps to ensure we had everything correct before launching. Plus they've also been really quick to help me and my bidders when we needed help. Will absolutely use again and planning on using it for another non-profit that I volunteer with. A+++++

Would be great if the short url code worked on social media, much easier to market and have others share. Not a huge deal, though.

Aryn
Executive Director in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Bidding Owl for our Organization

Kommentare: Overall it was a great resource for our stopgap online auction. It was quick and easy to set-up, and you can't beat the fees, especially for a small nonprofit and small auction. We would consider using the software again, however if we were putting on a larger and more complicated online auction, we might consider a more sophisticated and intuitive system.

I like how it is a simple platform that allows you to get an auction up and running very quickly. I found most of the set-up intuitive, although there were a few things that required some trial and error.

A lot of individuals looking to bid on items had trouble figuring out how to do so. We had to create our own instructions and instructional videos to add to our home page to guide users through the process. I wish there were instructional videos front and center on each auction welcome page, so we didn't have to create that and guide people how to use the site. Also, the information on how to bid using increments was difficult for people. I wish the minimum increment information was more easily identifiable with instructions on how to bid on each item listing, or that the system automatically suggested the next applicable bid amount based on the increments in the bid field.

BARBARA
VOLUNTEER in Kanada
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bidding Owl-A Review

Kommentare: Overall our experience has been very good from the set-up to the final invoicing!

We like the 'look' of the auction pages! It is an improvement to be able to add 5 photos to each item. Also, the bids are easy to make and bidders can be reminded if they lose a bid. Support is very prompt and helpful!

Some of the instructions are a bit hard to understand-ie at the top of Item Management.

Jessi
Lead Fundraiser in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A life saver in the middle of a pandemic!

Kommentare: We will definitely be using Bidding Owl again and recommending it to other non profits in similar situations like us. Now that we know how wonderful online auctions are we’ll never go back to paper!

Our school has had silent auctions in the past, but never an online one. When the Covid19 pandemic sent everyone into quarantine our school scrambled to find an alternative spring auction we had already started planning. Bidding Owl’s software made it so easy to set up, edit, and promote before the auction started. While our 3 day auction took place we received a lot of feedback from our school’s families on how easy they felt it was use and how professional everything looked. Post auction we have made more money than any of other other auctions in the past and the checkout process has been simple and straightforward. I can’t wait to do another one!

I wish that it would show the opening bid before users had to click on the item to see its details. It would also be nice to have the option of more than 3 photos on some items.

Lynne
Design/Marketing in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A win-win for auction hosts and bidders!

Kommentare: Very positive! BiddingOwl.com is a solid auction platform with a dedicated support team behind it.

Loved the ability to test it out, then convert it into my live online auction event. Easy setup with knowledgeable, responsive support when questions arose. Bidders can view items larger to see details and receive an email or text message if outbid.

I look forward to the new release coming soon. Hoping for more customization of fonts, colors and backgrounds. Also the ability to change the title of “Fund-a-Need and More” non-biddable items, easily reorder them, and see an improved user-friendly interface for checkout.

Caitlin
Development & Special Projects Consultant in USA
Darstellende Künste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Parity Productions Review of Bidding Owl

Kommentare: Overall, our experience with BiddingOwl.com was positive and met our needs for this particular event.

We were able to customize the schedule & pricing of auction items to meet our specific needs. We had access to live customer service via email, phone and even got on a Zoom call for a walkthrough. We were able to direct people to the site easily via social media and our e-newsletter marketing. Set-up & management was relatively easy and we were able to track progress on items in real time and easily manage items.

That our users had to register separately for the site in order to bid.

Melissa
Fundraising Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great platform for online auction

I love that we can open the auction up to more people outside of just the attendees at our event. BiddingOwl makes it so easy for customers to see the items available and easily place their bids. Then they can enjoy other activities and be notified when they need to adjust their bid.

If you have a large ticket item, the fee you pay is a bit steep, but that is the tradeoff for having an easily and accessible auction with all of the tools for invoicing.

Jill
Jill
Vice President in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

No bells and whistles, but a quality vendor that will get the job done!

We like that our auction homepage is customizable, and that we can add "Fund-a-Need" items for a la carte purchase in addition to bidding on our live and silent auction items. We also appreciate that purchases can be made via PayPal or directly with a credit card. The site is user-friendly provides concise direction for setup. Every time I've called in for support, I've spoken with the same representative (Hi, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]), which has given me a nice sense of continuity through this endeavor. The fact that the pricing is the lowest in the industry is such a great bonus!

I experienced an issue with the payment integration with PayPal, that I wish Bidding Owl could have resolved on my behalf. Instead, I spent several hours, over the course of multiple days, working through it. After all was finished, I was pleased with the outcome, but it was definitely a flustering experience.

Rachel
Board member in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good option for nonprofit auctions

Kommentare: I have set up an auction with over 70 items single handedly, with a minimum of pain.

I like how Bidding Owl lets you set up an attractive auction website, with very straightforward and foolproof functionality. I also like how it is all inclusive, rather than nickle and diming you for each bit of functionality. Also, when I reached out to customer support with a concern by email, they got back to me immediately.

I would love to be able to list an auction item under two categories. I feel like by having to choose a category for each item, you run the risk that you will mis-categorize and lose a potential bidder. I also wish there was real time, live person, chat support.

Barbara
Fundraising Committee Co-Chair in USA

A Great Auction Management Option

Kommentare: We found that using Bidding Owl helped us to organize our auction items and gave us greater flexibility with making adjustments to pricing and bid increments than we had using manual bidding process. It saved hassle and frustration for both us and our bidders at the end of the night! It was exciting to track the progress of the bidding in real time and obtain data that can be used going forward. Overall, it was a positive experience and we look forward to using it again next year!

For a small organization, it was great to have an online auction management service option that had a simple, relatively low cost pricing structure in order to eliminate the risk associated with subscription fees or high up-front costs. The customer service was very responsive and quick, whether by email or by phone. Item entry and management was simple and generally intuitive. It was great to have the ability to enter default choices as a batch and to update them as needed individually or as a group. Also, it was helpful to have the ability to upload 3 pictures per item.

There were some features that are less intuitive, so perhaps a more robust help section to eliminate the need to contact Customer Service. However, as mentioned above, they are very responsive, but it would be nice to find more answers without that step. Although there is a nice printable instruction sheet for registering and bidding for users, I would find it helpful for future updates if there were more printable step-by-step instructions for volunteers (who may be less familiar with the software) to reference during bidding and check out. I was disappointed that there is not an automated way within the software to create display bid description sheets automatically. However, customer service recommended that we use the export items feature and perform a mail merge in Word, and that worked beautifully for our purposes.

Syifa
Event Marketing in Indonesien
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very Recommended Auction Software

Kommentare: The thing that I love about BiddingOwl is they have a very supportive team, as an NGO sometimes it is hard for us to pay the fee, but they're patiently waiting for us!

My organization has been using BiddingOwl for more than 3 years, we loved it! It easy to use as the administrator and as the user.

I think it would be great if BiddingOwl can provide the "clicks statistic" in the future so we can identify how many clicks on some particular item without really bidding on it.

Antwort von BiddingOwl.com

Hi Syifa, We wanted to let you know that you are able to view the number of views/clicks per item from your Item Export report, column Q. We hope this helps!

Robert
Treasurer in USA

Another Successful Auction

Kommentare: It was a great experience and i found the support to be very helpful. I sometimes felt bad having to call them about something I probably should know, but they were patient and helpful.

Bidding Owl is user friendly even for someone who is not techy. As we continue to use it we find even more features that have helped us with our Auction.

At first i was afraid to click on some of the menu buttons for fear of what might happen. I soon learned however that they have safeguards to prevent you from having to proceed in something you are not sure of.

Patricia
Head of Marketing in USA
Sportartikel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not Just for Non-profits

Kommentare: Really top-notch. I feel like they care about our business and want us to succeed.

I was able to roll out a professional auction platform in just 3 weeks. This was a result of the well-organized tutorials and BiddingOwl's absolutely outstanding and consistent customer support. Our bidders tell us how easy it is to search product, bid and pay. We are a small, for-profit company and we are able to configure the software parameters to adequately meet our needs. Our experience with BiddingOwl has given us the confidence to strongly pursue this new (for us) sales channel.

The tutorials could be much better. I found the answers to questions to be "bare bones" and I often had to query support to get the rest of the answers I was seeking. In addition, I would love to see bidding on all of our auction items (usually 6 per auction) on one page, real time; currently, we have to jump from page to page. And, for some reason, we must update our credit card before each auction (two per month) even though it does not change and the expiration date is far in the future. Scratching my head.

Kelly
President in USA
Bibliotheken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

BiddingOwl works great for our organization.

Kommentare: BiddingOwl.com has been an excellent host for our annual December silent auction. I even was able to look at other organizations auctions for ideas. Any time that I have needed help with the software or for setting up an event, the response time and quality of the response has been great!

We have a small group and the features of bidding owl, as well as their staff support, make the program very user-friendly. I highly recommend their software for online auction events.

There is a learning curve to quickly enter items for a silent auction, but only because the software has many features with options to help cater the site to your group's needs.

Sarah
auction chair in USA

Great For Elementary School Auction

Kommentare: This is our school's third year using BiddingOwl.com to run our online auction and to sell our auction tickets. It works perfectly for our needs and charges a very fair price. The customer support is great.

I love that there is no subscription fee. The costumer support is great and I love that you can "reset" your auction if most items stay the same from year to year, rather than having to re-enter all items every year.

The close out process took me a little bit to figure out (although I am not super tech savvy).

Robyn
executive director in USA

Great online auction site

Kommentare: The site is pretty user friendly. I love that we can run a fundraising auction without an upfront cost. They just take a small percentage of our earnings. Customer service has been amazing whenever we need help.

It is a great way to fundraise without spending money upfront.

You cannot look back at past auctions to see items.

Lonnie
Golf committee chairman in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Kudos to support staff

Kommentare: While at first we were unsure that an auction site was for us the ease of setting up our auction and the apparent ease of bidders to set them selves up we are on track to meet our goals for the auction. The support staff are FANTASTIC. Product is a definite 10

Never used a site like this before but was able to set up our auction and add items with ease

Haven’t discovered any part of site I dislike

Annie
Receptionist in USA
Tierarzt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy online auction option!

The ease of use in creating items, uploading pictures and seeing bidding statistics.

It would be nice to have an option to save the previous auction when starting a new one. I was able to export excel files with item and winner information though. It's also very simple to email customer support and they reset my auction to start a new one within 15 minutes!!

Katherine
Music Teacher/Silent Auction Co-Chair in USA
Musik, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Customer Service! Great Value!

Kommentare: Fabulous return for investment! Would recommend and use again. Great value!

This online bidding software is very easy to use and set up. Photos are easy to load and it's easy for Bidders to register and customizable for notifications. Great value!

Not quite as many features as some other auction software companies, service went down twice during event, but we are using again. Great technical service, and all worked out well in the end.

Past President in Thailand
Vorstandsbüro, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for nonprofit auctions

Kommentare: We have always used spreadsheets and paper for our silent auctions before. Bidding Owl let's us get bids before the gala even started.

Their customer service is really helpful and responsive. They really care and it shows. I'm located in Thailand and they made the changes in currency symbols to allow us to use Bidding Owl.

There is a bit of a learning curve involved in using Bidding Owl to it's fullest. It's easy once you spend that time.

MAYA
president in USA

great software

it has a wider audience than just who we market to.

still is a bit archaic. You can't drop photos into it. It needs major updating.

Elaine
Auction Co-Chair in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Pop Up Online Auction

Kommentare: The need to find an alternative way to auction off some items and give us a little cash led us to this platform. It has been an easy and effective platform and technical support is wonderful. We couldn't be happier with our experience.

We were able to set up this online auction very quickly which was necessary because of the virus precautions that forced us to reschedule our auction to the fall. We put together items that would expire by then. The set up was extremely easy and quite intuitive to use.

Using just photos in the scrolling banner is a great feature, but wasn't explained how to do that in any tutorial available. The technical support staff available both by phone and by e-mail were awesome however and were quickly able to resolve any questions I had, including this one.

Susan
Susan
Board Member in USA

Extremely happy with Bidding Owl!

The ease of use. It was my first time using bidding software for a charity event, and I was up and running in minutes.

I could get expensive, but so far we have managed to keep the fees reasonable for a non profit. Other than that, it was excellent.

Monica
volunteer in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Customer Service

Kommentare: The customer service has been AMAZING

This is our first time using the software for a non-profit auction. There's a ton of flexibility and the ability to do both the auction, manage donors and ticket sales in one place makes it the right fit for us.

Would love to see more customization on the auction page, including ability to remove footers