Ceros is a True Game Changer for the Interactive Industry

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Gina L.
Publication Design Director
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ceros is the WYSIWYG platform for interactive design that every non-web designer has been looking for. I'm simply a graphic designer who can bob and weave my way around InDesign and Illustrator in my sleep, but once Dreamweaver and HTML are involved, I'm lost. When you think about how advanced design is getting on the internet, graphic design gets to be very limiting. Ceros solves that problem. I, as a traditionally static designer, can jump into this easy-to-use platform and whip up lively experiences with fun interactions and animations. The content I create in Ceros is so much more engaging than anything I could create as a simple static PDF. For our team, it's been a cost effective way to create web experiences without paying an outside developer. Both our internal team and our clients love the Ceros work that we do. As Ceros adds new features, our design work gets increasingly better, so I hope to continue to use Ceros and make my work even stronger each year.

Vorteile: Many of my interactive designs have complicated carousels, click-to-reveals, navigation, menus, etc. Some of these things can really give you grey hairs at a young age, but Ceros makes detailed interactions easy to build out. The tools are laid out easily so that you know what each button is going to do and how it's going to interact with other objects on your canvas. It can be tedious, but it beats having to learn coding and deal with the HTML myself. A few other honorable mentions: Ceros has an excellent array of templates that users can take and build onto; Ceros also is very receptive to feedback from users, and I've found in my 3+ years using the platform that a lot of idea I've added to the suggestion box have been implemented.

Nachteile: The lack of functionality for quizzes and assessments is a bummer. To define what I mean by quizzes, I'm strictly talking about assets where you're posed with a question, you select an answer (possibly multiple choice) and the end result after a handful of questions is to be dumped into a specific bucket category. I've talked to many Ceros reps about making quizzes, and while it's doable, it's extremely convoluted and the output of metrics is unorganized. With that said, the analytics you receive from any experience isn't really all that much to brag about. The Ceros platform has a really nice display of visuals for users to see, but once it's time to pass the data onto a client or anyone outside of the Ceros platform, you get this extremely messy and hard-to-read CSV file. I don't love that. It would be better if you could export the graphs and data visuals straight from the backend of Ceros.

Great software

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Daria W.
Designer
Verlagswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For me the experience has been great. I have been working with the software for over 2 years and have created several custom content pages for various brands. They are always improving and adding new features and listen to their users. As an example, you no longer have to create separate experience for desktop or mobile - it now lives in one file and you can just switch between and resize or replace the elements independently. You don't have to be a developer to understand this software and in a way can be more free in design. You don't have to worry as much about how to implement it - once you have an understanding of how the various animations and other tools work - alone or together to create the effect you need. Tech support is almost immediate and very helpful.

Vorteile: Overall I'm very happy working with this software - once you get to know it and have a better understanding of the tools and how they can help you, it's pretty simple to create great animated content whether it's a landing page, quiz or a article embedded graph. You can make it as simple or complex as you want and additionally you can embed other code (like JS or forms) to add features that might not exist within Ceros. Ceros has a lot of various standard JS type animations which can transform a page into something that is fun or exciting to scroll through. I'm very impressed with the Inspire gallery showing so many different applications and fun projects using the software and it gives us ideas to use in next project.

Nachteile: While there are not a lot of things I am not happy with, I do wish there were more shape features and line options ( octagon, maybe a free form shape, dotted or double line - sort of like Photoshop ). I also would like to see a masking tool. There are occasional bugs.

Easy to use and wonderful support team

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Meredith B.
Creative Services Senior Manager
Buchhaltung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using this platform has made our process of creating interactive and dynamic content so much easier. The response from our internal teams has been incredible. Working with the Ceros team has been great - they are really invested in our success and support us as much as they can.

Vorteile: The software feels familiar, which made onboarding and training quick. The Ceros team provides so many training resources, both on their site and via regular webinars, which helps to train my team and keep us up to date on new features. The IT support team is incredibly responsive - some of the best I’ve experienced!

Nachteile: I think there are a lot of opportunities for the software to expand its functionality around paragraph and character styles that would make layout and styling faster and more streamlined. The animations are good but I would like to see them be more customizable, and the interactions more dynamic, in the future.

Gabby G.
Senior Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the platform is great and the customer service is amazing! I don't have web development experience. I actually came from commercial printing and self-taught Ceros with their educational tools. I've been able to create dynamic sites.

Vorteile: As an Adobe based designer, the Ceros platform is easy to create a layout with previous Adobe InDesign experience. Ceros Inspire is an amazing tool for quick layout templates to get your ideas following and also features some custom created sites for inspiration. The animation is easy to add and elevate any layout as someone who hasn't worked much with After Effects or other timeline animation tools.

Nachteile: The functionality could use some work. Features like paragraph and character styles are missing in the capabilities. The latest major update added some capabilities like "adaptive" layouts, meaning not quite responsive, but better than nothing mobile layout conversion from desktop designs. The platform isn't great for customizing SEO or social sharing.

Love this product!

Kayla P.
Content Marketing Strategist
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ceros platform is super easy to learn how to use, and it allows me to make extremely high quality content in a quick time frame. I love the flexibility it provides to bring creative visions and ideas to life, without having to know anything about code at all. I'm able to create impressive, engaging and unique content that makes both internal teams and external prospects and customers really excited about what we're doing, and it brings a new level of creativity to the way we think about producing marketing collateral and assets.

Nachteile: The only negative thing I've noticed about this software is that there can sometimes be bugs or the studio can sometimes freeze when creating really complex content with lots of layers or interactions. However, the support chat in the studio is always available and I've found them super helpful and responsive when trying to solve these issues.

Ceros is a great tool for beautiful experiences done quickly, if you can afford it.

Caisa B.
Graphic Designer
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have created some beautiful web pages with Ceros and the support team is extremely helpful and quick to respond! Overall it has been a nice partnership but there are some serious issues that should be addressed.

Vorteile: Ceros is easy to use if the user is familiar with adobe programs. After about one week of daily use, it becomes super easy to navigate and start creating!

Nachteile: Ceros is marketed as a way to create entire websites but it's just not quite there. The animation and design options are extensive but the inability to directly view and edit the code of your experience is such a detriment that it makes it hard to justify using Ceros over hiring a web developer.

Ceros for interactive client projects

Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Courtney F.
Senior Art Director
Verlagswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ceros has been a really challenging creative platform, and a lot of tools have been added in the last few years to compliment the ideas in my head! adding an action to an element, grouping it and adding a second has been great...can we do more please? like a 3+ actions on one element?

Vorteile: Create animated projects for clients and not have to worry about elaborate coding begin the scenes. Some of the 'hacks' i had as shortcuts several year ago have become standard tools (color palettes, layers) to make initial project setup much easier.

Nachteile: Been waiting 4+ years for some fine details, specifically rotating items at a percentage...for example, a 1/4 (90˚) turn, or 10% rotation. Found some workarounds, but there have been numerous instances when a client wants a clock-type motion and have been unable to produce exactly what they have in mind.

Great product that has changed the way we create content

Bewertet am 14.11.2019
Jess R.
Sr. Graphic Designer
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As a service provider our industry is based on relationships, so finding new and interactive ways to reach our clients and influencer base is so important. Now we create content through the lens of user interaction and functionality instead of static web and white pages – we're seeing a dramatic increase in our engagements rates across the board, not only in click rates but time spent on the pages themselves.

Nachteile: The learning curve from static to interactive content can be steep, especially for teams that don't have designers available to work solely on this software. Even with Ceros' ability to simplify the process, it can still feel like a heavy lift for teams with high pressure deadlines that already run lean.

Kristen S.
Senior Regional Digital Designer
Immobilien, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: AWESOME. Great client relations team, great customer support. 10/10.

Vorteile: I love how dynamic the platform and design interface is , truly graphic designer friendly, doesn't take a lot of code or web design knowledge.

Nachteile: Not the most SEO friendly platform I've worked with, there aren't drag and drop pre-designed design blocks, and although features do continue to be rolled out and product updates, there are some formatting and functionality features missing.

My favorite platform

Holly celeste F.
Marketing

Kommentare: We've been using Ceros since the early days, and it's been so cool to watch it grow and evolve. Our creative directors and design leads have always had good things to say about their interactions with the Ceros team, and of course I've enjoyed meeting them at B2BMX, Sirius, B2BSMX and other conferences over the years. I'm always a fan of Ceros' marketing, too.

Vorteile: I love that we can build immersive content experiences for all our clients, with tools that help us accomplish just about anything we think of when it comes to cool callouts, animations, layouts. And of course, it's great that we can then dig into the data to see what the users are actually responding to.

Nachteile: I wish metrics were available in a more customizable dashboard, and easier to download or share a custom report with a client... although I suspect Ceros is focusing more on one-on-one client relationships vs. agencies, so I won't hold my breath for that. Still cool that we can learn so much about what users are looking at.

Ceros - An Invaluable Marketing Tool!

Jamie M.
Marketing & Werbung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ceros allows us to create custom, unique, interactive experiences for our clients. We can create both proactive and reactive experiences to help us showcase our offerings and executions in the most compelling way. Building detailed and creative micro-sites enables us to show our clients how much we care and value their business.

Nachteile: I honestly don't have any complaints about the software. The Ceros team is very open to change and listening to feedback. They adapt the product constantly, upgrading it to meet the ever-evolving needs of the users.

Stunning product with okay features

Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Justin U.
Sr. Channel Marketing Manager
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was able to leverage my Adobe Illustrator skills to create some really impressive motion infographics. Ceros also helps make your infographics interactive, condensing the size of the final product, and helping deliver snackable nuggets of info, as opposed to super long-form content.

Vorteile: If you're any good at creating PowerPoint animations, Ceros is a really cool tool that can help take your infographics to the next level. It uses a similar approach to animations as PowerPoint (fly in, fly out, fade in/out, etc) with an interface that is similar to Adobe Illustrator.

Nachteile: Ceros is very expensive for what it can do. The short trial costs too much, and you don't get to keep the assets you create. Animation options are also somewhat limiting. You can't really combine multiple animations on the same object simultaneously. It's also very time consuming to create assets that are worthwhile.

Great software

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Lisbeth L.
Director of Marketing
Möbel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience is good. the customer service is great!

Vorteile: Ease of used and ability to make it what you want it to be.

Nachteile: Some features could be easier to use. I wish there was a direct mailing feature integrated into the software.

Great software for creating interactive, eye-catching experience

Chase H.
Creative Director
Einzelhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've had a lot of fun working with the platform and have a great customer success manager who always finds us great examples to work from and answers any and all questions. It's been a big timesaver and has come in handy for a lot of projects.

Vorteile: WYSIWYG interface with lots of animations and tools to create content. The support for embedding other code and objects (and even embedding ceros experiences inside other ones) has been great. Makes it quick and fairly easy to create simple interactive pieces of microcontent as well as has the depth to create really in-depth, interactive experiences with minimal coding involved.

Nachteile: A few bugs here and there, and is a little on the pricier side.

The idea was super cool, but the time needed to learn it and the money turned us off

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Hannah B.
Lead Client Success

Kommentare: Not much seeing as I wound up canceling after using it for a few months.

Vorteile: As a whole, the things that Ceros is capable of is pretty bad ass. The examples they show you are super cool and get you super psyched to get started and buy the product right away. They have a ton of premade templates that you can use to jump off with if you are not quite ready to build a template from scratch.

Nachteile: The complexity. I mean, they are really targetting graphic designers, which I am not, so I can't be mad, but it is insane. I loved the demo and was super jazzed to get started with the software, but once I started I realized I was not going to be able to make anything worthwhile. The time needed to really delve into the software and learn everything that it can do totally turned me off. The price seemed great for everything it could create, but if you are not an expert in photoshop it is a waste of money. You might as well just stick with Canva because you are going to get frustrated and hate everything you create.

Easy and intuitive

Alvaro G.
Designer and web master
Immobilien, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has saved lot of time with nice and visual results.

Vorteile: The simplicity, it's very intuitive if you are used to design tools.

Nachteile: The text functionality, it has to be improved, there is no way to give different formats in the same text box.

Level up your digital marketing

Bewertet am 8.11.2019
David D.
Visual Design Strategist
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The team at Ceros amazing; responsive, super friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help. It's obvious Ceros prioritizes the people behind the software. Pair that with this very powerful game-changing application, and you've got a huge win for any digital marketing team.

Vorteile: The overall concept of building interactive experiences with a WYSIWYG interface! We can create so much more content at a higher frequency with the same or less amount of work.

Nachteile: Sometimes a very random issue can only be resolved with a couple quit and restarts, but that is very rare. It's a solid platform.

Easy to use with high quality results

Marlene S.
Marketing VP
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Ceros for a lot of our thought leadership experiences. It provides us with a way to engage our readers and creatively express the content we are interested in sharing.

Vorteile: The software is very easy to use and the Ceros team is always quick to respond with creative ideas, solutions and assistance if you get in a jam.

Nachteile: The price is a bit high but you get what you pay for with the quality of the output.

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Michael F.
Mr
Gewerbeimmobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love its ability to create great web experiences, without the coding knowledge.

Nachteile: It can be quite buggy at times, but it seems to be improving over the year.

Game Changer

Alliana S.
Marketing Director
Rundfunkmedien, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ceros is easy to use. The interface is very comparable to the Adobe creative suite, and is intuitive to learn. It makes it simple to create interactive websites that differentiate us from our competition. The ceros team is easy to work with, and the chat function helps smooth over any bumps in the road you may encounter.

Nachteile: On occasion there are bugs, but you could say that about any software. And the Ceros team is always working to improve the software, so any issues that arise are quickly fixed.

Makes HTML 5 animation approachable

Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Marketing Manager, Law Schools and Large Law
Informationsdienst, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Producing interactive content pieces for customers and prospects. Helps educate and explain without a longer print piece, website, or forcing them to watch a video. We are looking for a more engaging way to present content.

Vorteile: Ceros has basically made a WYSIWYG HTML 5 Animation tool that is a fairly easy and friendly jump for those experienced with Adobe tools. It requires no coding and I was able to get my designers up and using it fairly quickly. The tool has a good number of features and basic analytics. Support has been helpful getting us up and running.

Nachteile: There is still a decent learning curve. It takes some time to get ramped up. By default, the code runs on their servers and we are still assessing impact to SEO (there is an option to download and run on our side, but that makes updating harder).

Strong program overall

Bewertet am 6.9.2017
Mike V.
Senior Graphic Designer

Vorteile: The interface is very user friendly. Very similar to Adobe CS. Allows the designer to experiment with layout scaling and sizing easily. Gives you the ability to work off the pasteboard. The interactive controls are very intuitive and allow for many complex interactions with minimal programming.

Nachteile: Haven't found to many as of yet. Some of the effects transitions could be a litttle smoother. They are choppy at times.

Ceros

Kelly B.
Visual Designer
Einzelhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were hoping to get more interaction & more sales. we are still evaluating.

Vorteile: I like the easy animations and the new crop tool makes it easy to edit photos without having to go back to Photoshop.

Nachteile: The way it handles text isn't consistent with other design programs. I mostly use Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, PremierPro, Photoshop where the text is scalable & viewable when zooming in or zooming out. While updating new product descriptions on our lookbooks, Ceros crashed almost every time. So simple text changes took way longer than they should have. I found that if I ungrouped the text it seemed to work a little better but then I have to regroup & re-apply the animations.

Love it

Bewertet am 11.1.2019
Jesse B.
Mentorship poster
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was asked to make a poster and I didn't know even where to start but venngage help me a lot to make my designs. Also I'm happy that I came across it on line.

Vorteile: I like the help cuz when starting some people may be their first time to use venngage.

Nachteile: The cost, cuz some students are in high school they don't have the money to pay for it.

LOVE CEROS

Eric M.
Associate Art Director
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to use. If you know Photoshop, then using Ceros is a piece of cake.

Nachteile: Nothing to note. Ceros is a great product!