SimplePractice Bewertungen

von SimplePractice

Über SimplePractice

Wechsle noch heute kostenlos zu SimplePractice und schließe dich mehr als 40.000 Kund*innen an, die florierende Gesundheits- und Wellnessunternehmen betreiben.

Erfahre mehr über SimplePractice

Zeigt 2.409 Bewertungen

Amanda G.
Program Director
  • Bewertet am 7.8.2019

"Simple Practice saved me! "

Kommentare: Truly a lifesaver. I feel like I am not a business person, but simple practice simplifies so many aspects of this.

Vorteile: I love all of the things that the developers decided to incorporate in this platform. You can upload your business documents, any documents relevant to your client records and so much more. I have created questionnaires that are specific to my practice so that I can gather data upfront and this prevents me from missing out on money. I love the integration for scheduling appointments, telehealth and billing and invoicing. If you want to streamline your practice, this is for you.

Nachteile: Clients cannot pay partial balances in their client portal yet, those payments have to be taken in the office.

von SimplePractice an 13.8.2019

Amanda, thanks for your positive review. We're proud to give you the back office you need to run a professional practice. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's any additional feedback you have. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Bewertet am 7.8.2019
David M.
Psychologist
  • Bewertet am 3.12.2019

"The name of the software says it all."

Kommentare: Overall, I find Simple Practice to be just that, simple. It has all manner of features that I do not employ nor does it force me to jump through hoops I don't require. I might well use some of the bells and whistles at some point but the ease of doing just what I need to do in minimal time is it's major selling point for my practice.

Vorteile: The EHR is simple, uncomplicated, and lets me get my work documented without fuss or having to click through various pages to record progress notes. Also, the names in the calendar appear as first, and last, as opposed to some gibberish assigned to each patient that I am forced to remember as my former EHR software required.

Nachteile: The setting of the appointment time I find to be clunky. It defaults to the current time, which means I have to scroll to the correct time when I make an appointment for the patient. Yes, a minor issue but I wish there was some other way to ascribe an appointment time. I frequently return appointment requests in the evening. having the calendar time default to a PM time is a minor issue but I'm not fond of it. A minor quibble, but I need to be careful or I schedule someone for 8:00 PM when it should have been a morning appointment. I'll get used to it I am sure.

• Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Robin F.
LCMHCS
  • Bewertet am 16.6.2020

"Simple practice honest review "

Kommentare: Overall my experience with SimplePractice has been positive and I would recommend it over other electronic health records. In doing my research and talking with others, simple practice stood out as the most user-friendly and clinically professional platform.

Vorteile: As a former pen and paper therapist, getting started with SimplePractice was a bit tedious, But that would have been the case with any electronic record. Once that process was complete using it daily with current and new clients has helped me run a more professional and organized practice. It is easy to use and has a lot of helpful features like forms, templates and assessments.

Nachteile: There may be a way to do group sessions when you upgrade to the platform for Telehealth but I have not figured this out yet. I would like to be able to do a group meeting with multiple colleagues or supervisees.

• Bewertet am 16.6.2020
Charna C.
Therapist
  • Bewertet am 3.7.2016

"Buggy system"

Kommentare: I am a brand new user and apparently made the mistake of trying to set things up over a holiday weekend when SP team is away. That's not their fault. Since I haven't been using it for long I can't comment on all the features, but i will say I'm considering asking for my money back after spending two days adding my client info and getting repeatedly frustrated.
I pretty much just wanted software that would organize my clients info ( dx codes, different fees) so making receipts would be easier. And I was considering online scheduling. I'm not sure this is the best solution. I've been in practice for 14 years and this is my first attempt at using software for note taking. I should also say my growing edge is being patient with technology. I wish i'd just paid someone to set it up for me because I don't find it fun to figure it out.
Once it's all set up maybe I'll love it, but the problem is they sent me this option to review two days after I started data entry.
I'll get more specific in the pro and con section.

Vorteile: Adding clients in calendar seems relatively easy. Since i have sliding scale i like that i can personalize the amount they pay and keep it clear and organized.
Don't know how it will work, but I am excited to be able to have a credit card payment linked so I don't have to ask clients for their card each time.

Nachteile: There are a lot of buggy things where you have to add what the system wants vs being able to customize info.
While Adding new clients the option to add an email or address didn't automatically show up, and since I wanted to have all that info for receipts I tried to figure out how to do this. Under editting client info each time I tried to add their email and home address when I pressed save it would automatically change the name and phone number to my name and number. No idea why this would happen? Perhaps a special bonus mindfulness test? This process took twice as long because of this. Eventuslly i figured out if I just added an email and pressed save , then added address and saved again it seemed to be ok. Also cutting and pasting info didn't work. I kept being told it was an invalid email. It doesn't like if there are any extra spaces.
Then adding cpt... I have questions, since I charge more how if will all come together on the invoices/receipts.
I just wanted to upload my forms I created and I did not find this easy. Have yet to figure it out.
Unnerved to even touch the billing / invoicing but that's why i bought the software so I'm waiting to get SP support since my friend who uses it said he's inexperienced with this feature.
Even submitting this review it insisted on me adding an organizational name. What if their isn't one?

von SimplePractice an 15.7.2016

Charna, I'm so sorry you had this experience with us right off the bat. We're here to make things simple, not complicated. I checked in our our email conversations with you and it looks like we've worked on getting things working for you together! If you're still having any trouble, let us know by filling out a request: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new We're here to help!

• Bewertet am 3.7.2016
Drew A.
Licensed Psychologist

"Best system out there"

Kommentare: I have had, by and large, an excellent experience with SP so far. I am very happy I signed on and really wish I had done this much sooner. Their customer support, in particular, has been very much appreciated. This is already enhancing my practice. Thank you!

Vorteile: There are many features that feel intuitive and allow you to nimbly move through the system handling different aspects of a client file. I also like how the system looks and that I can access it through the phone app. Also, it is a great value, especially when compared to other systems. Trust me, I tested them all out.

Nachteile: There are some pieces that feel clunky. For instance transitioning between the client side and the clinician side sometimes confuses me. Also, while the forms are customizable there have been some aspects I couldn't change. I also wish that you could use your own Stripe account with the system instead of needing to create a new one. It makes it difficult to track where my funds are at any given moment. Finally, when you open a note but abandon it, it leaves your task list. That can make it hard to track what notes need to be completed or remain unlocked.

Nicolais C.
Owner/Clinician
  • Bewertet am 1.11.2019

"Great software - could use some simple features"

Kommentare: Good. Some key features that I wish were present with billing graphics and information, which I mentioned in the cons section. If these upgrades/changes could be made, I would rate SimplePractice as excellent.

Vorteile: I love the editable notes/forms and the online access! Client portal is also more streamlined and user friendly compared to competitors. Reports are nice and helpful for the most part. Free text and voice are nice (however you pay the difference with the higher cost of claim submission compared to competitors).

Nachteile: The billing tabs are difficult to understand as they don’t seem to be graphically easy to understand where each invoice is being applied. Looking quickly at the billing tab, it looks as if I have twice as many invoices than I actually need and some invoices, invoice for a zero balance (or even before an insurance payment is made). This makes the billing harder to understand than some of SimplePractice’s top competitors. Also, I wish the reports would show overall totals of figures (I.e. insurance payments owed, client balances owed, etc.). These features allow me to look quickly at client balances and billing and get an idea of where billing sits very quickly, and again, is a feature with competitors. Being a one man office right now, theses features save valuable time and seem like easy fixes to the system. I also wish Simple Practice had phone support - just for the fact that time is valuable and I don’t want to wait to resolve an question.

• Bewertet am 1.11.2019
Anny G.
Clinical Social Worker/private practive propriator
  • Bewertet am 28.4.2020

"Simple Practice is simple, for the most part."

Kommentare: Very easy to use for simple tasks. Once you get into getting reports from insurance and writing/creating forms. There is a learning curve.

Vorteile: Price. It's very affordable compared to Therabill. In edition, they are able to transfer the client's list to their system.

Nachteile: Receiving ERA's. With some insurance, there are complicated forms to be emailed/scan/fax so it delays the receipt of ERA's. I wish they would simplify the process.

• Bewertet am 28.4.2020
Wanda L.
Licensed Professional Counselor
  • Bewertet am 17.3.2020

"Great Software for Clinicians"

Kommentare: So far I am really enjoying Simple Practice and look forward to using all features.

Vorteile: I love the fact the Simple Practice is very easy to navigate. It is very easy to access and is available on all devices.

Nachteile: The only function that could be improved is that, during the free trial you are using all the features of the Professional Plan v/s the Essential plan. If you wanted to choose the Essential Plan you no longer have access to some of the documents. I would have liked to know this information up front. However, I still think that this product is better than the other products that I reviewed.

Lisan M.
Psychotherapist
  • Bewertet am 16.3.2020

"Very easy to use and intuitive!"

Vorteile: I found it quite easy to get up and running with this software and I'm not at all a compute whiz! it is a very intuitive program and really clear instructions to walk you through.

Nachteile: I wish you could actually call someone when you need help, but the online help is really good.

• Bewertet am 16.3.2020
Samantha B.
Registered Dietitian
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.4.2020

"Samantha B"

Kommentare: Great! Very reasonable for the price.

Vorteile: Simple Practice is very user friendly. My business partner and I have used another software in the past and it does not even compare. I love that it is very RD friendly and tailored to the nutrition care process.

Nachteile: I have not found any yet and am still learning and exploring.

• Bewertet am 8.4.2020
Daren C.
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2019

"Great Overall, but Their Settings Menu Needs Work"

Kommentare: My experience has been good overall. I think they make a lot of aspects of treatment easy which is good given their name. I don't like very many EHR's in the world because all they care about is practice management and are pretty terrible for high-volume clinical tasks - which makes them indirectly quite expensive in terms of labor to use. I think SimplePractice is a good balance between the two - though their reporting and practice management is still pretty weak.

Vorteile: I really like their balance between practice management and clinical documentation for a small practice, as well as the degree of customization for forms and documents. Their portal is pretty easy for clients to use (I rarely get people having trouble with it). I like their booking widget for my website. The telehealth video/audio quality is very good. Their help database is one of the better ones I've seen, lots of great articles and clear instructions that seems to be kept up to date.

Nachteile: Their settings menu is not intuitive and you have to hunt around to find the setting you are looking for. CEU offerings are not on topics of interest to me. Their clearinghouse doesn't have one of the carriers I need. Reporting and practice management tools are weak. Their paid therapist collaboration group where potentially sensitive information is discussed is hosted by Facebook (perhaps the most untrustworthy and unethical software company on the planet) AND they charge us to be invited to participate on a platform that doesn't cost SimplePractice any money to host other than maybe some moderating? That doesn't align well with the brand reputation and quality of SimplePractice and isn't really a good value for the money (in my opinion).

• Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Erin F.
Owner, LPC, Alive Holistic Counseling.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2019

"A step in the right direction for our group practice. "

Kommentare: So far, very excited, very pleased with your customer service and overall happy that we made the jump from three separate software over to one. Please see the comments above, in regard to your calendar which -- is the main criticism for your software. I would be happy to follow up on my ideas via email. The overall cost for simple practice technically isn't saving us any money, but it is saving lots of time.

Vorteile: I love how FAST and transparent the claims billing and processing experience is. It takes just moments to file and send information out to insurance companies. Whereas we used to have to manually work back and forth from various accounts when using our previous EHR program. I love the reporting features. We can cut out having to manually track information in excel sheets because Simple Practice makes it available to us at any time. This helps us to track claims, understand our financials and to keep on target with our clients' copays and claims. The dropdown menus featured, to pull up information on a specific clinician, and pull up their practice information, clients and more is SUCH a great feature for managing our group practice. Did I mention, that sending claims is easier than ever? - this ease alone is what has me and my team jumping for joy.

Nachteile: I don't like your calendar. This is where things seem to go awry for myself and our clinicians. I think that you guys would benefit by updating and creating a much more user-friendly experience with more control and detail from the calendar. Before making the change to Simple Practice, our office utilized and paid for Acuity Scheduling. While we totally understand that things would naturally be different from one program to the other, we were, and continue to be baffled and very confused with your calendar programming. Especially using it as a group practice. The calendar is very unorganized, there really is no detail and it technically takes us 2-3 minutes longer to schedule new clients because you do not offer a drop-down box or mini-calendar to select from in order to see available times. I also cannot stand, the way that when you click in an availble slot in the day view, it defaults to the very minute -- 60 minute sessions need to begin on the hour, and when we are selecting the date, we are having to correct it from " 5:15 pm" to "5:00 pm". Managing therapists schedules is also a pain. I would like to see an overhaul to your calendar that features new availability designation, new appointment selection, and one that works based on the times and hours that each therapist states for their own schedule. I want to see more control int he calendar. End request: Create a much better, user friendly calendar!

• Bewertet am 27.11.2019
C laire M.
LPC
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 31.10.2019

"Big Help for Small Practice"

Kommentare: I really appreciate the automatic reminders to clients, especially those who may not come in weekly. It saves me a great deal of hassle for them to get the reminder and cancel well ahead of time if they need to rather than belatedly notifying me the day of the appointment. I have so far only billed one insurance company using SP but assume it will be equally as easy for others. That alone is well worth the price. Having the option to create treatment plans is also nice as is their offering of a HIPAA compliant platform for telehealth since that keeps me from having to find a third party to host those sessions. Overall, my experience has been very positive.

Vorteile: Simple Practice makes it really easy to get intake paperwork done quickly and in a HIPAA compliant manner. You can set up payment information on the site and easily bill insurance providers, something that typically strikes dread in the hearts of therapists. In fact, when I first started to take insurance and was at a complete loss, one of my colleagues asked, "Are you using Simple Practice?" The site also provides a way to contact clients confidentially by sending them a message with a link to their client portal and has a feature I'm about to try for the first time, a secure platform for telehealth. Clients can request appointments online and are sent appointment reminders automatically. It also offers a treatment plan option and probably has many other features that I haven't used yet. Support is good and they offer webinars and seem to always be looking for ways to improve and innovate. I choose Simple Practice after reading about a variety of options and I'm glad I did. They take a lot of work out of having a private practice and help therapists streamline their practices. I highly recommend.

Nachteile: It took me a few frustrating attempts to learn how to navigate the site (but they do offer many training tips). There are many things I still don't understand and haven't bothered to learn. I doubt that I am really taking advantage of all the site offers perhaps because some of the processes seem to be a little too complicated. But again, it may be a user issue rather than a platform one and I'm not what one would call a "sophisticated" consumer of tech.

• Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Jennifer W.
Private Practice Psychotherapist
  • Bewertet am 23.10.2019

"Satisfied with Current Services and Optimistic about Future Improvements"

Kommentare: The primary reason I am using Simple Practice is for the insurance billing capabilities so I can make my life easier and not hire a biller.

Vorteile: I love the overnight billing with auto-pay and the entirely digital intake and consent forms.

Nachteile: I have encountered issues when trying to create insurance claims. Additionally, it is a bit pricey considering the fact that many of the offered services can be achieved through GSuite for $6 a month for HIPAA protected documentation and intake forms, and through Square Appointments (a service that comes free when Square is utilized for fee collection).

• Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Braden D.
Behavioral Health Consultant
  • Bewertet am 30.9.2019

"Excellent software, simple design"

Kommentare: Overall it is the best software solution that I was able to find and I tested quite a few. The only other one that came close at a comparable price was Therapy Appointment but I found Simple Practice to be overall better. I do like it and really hope that they constantly improve the software to include the things I mentioned above. If they do then I do not see myself leaving Simple Practice for a long time.

Vorteile: For me the best feature of this software is the online integration such as the client portal, the syncing with my google calendar, the video appointment capability, online scheduling, online bill payment, texting feature, automatic appointment reminders and easy online access to my EHR. I also like the simple modern design - this is what initially attracted me to simple practice. I have had good experience with customer service. Sometimes chat has been available but other times I've had to email them (but I wish chat was always available).

Nachteile: I want more customization capability. Such as customizing what the client portal looks like (graphic design of the portal is lacking). Also would like to better customize the reminder and welcome emails, such as by being able to use rich text formatting. I would like to be able to customize discreet data fields in the EHR, such as being able to edit my demographics form to include things I want to track. And also be able to have discreet custom data fields such as to keep track of PHQ-9 scores or other biometric data I want to be able to track over time. I would also like to have faxing built into the software because I work closely with medical providers and this is their primary way of communicating with other providers. Also wish they would offer a different credit card processing vendor because Stripe is one of the most expensive ones I compared.

von SimplePractice an 10.12.2019

Thank you for your positive review, Braden. We're glad that SimplePractice is the solution you chose for your practice. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Heather K.
Clinical Social Worker
  • Bewertet am 8.9.2019

"Not Bad, but I miss Epic"

Kommentare: So far, I've only created templates, added clients, and input insurance information. I'm moving on to billing next week so I'll know more then. I would add that I really appreciated the half-hour in-person tutorial (via zoom) I received near the end of my trial period.

Vorteile: There are many things I like about this EMR: the format is pleasing and (mostly) intuitive, the side bars are handy, and the trove of FAQ's and videos is astounding and often very helpful.

Nachteile: The templates limit the user to certain forms and give fairly small boxes for narrative responses. I used to use EPIC and I miss being able to populate an open page with my template and add/adjust it as desired, like a Word document. I also wish the calendar allowed for more detail--like, a different color for intakes vs follow-up appointments would be really nice. Or, there could be a code before the client's name in the calendar slot--like, 'I - Jane Doe' and 'F - John Doe'. I also wish that the end time of the appts was more clear. I like to schedule a 15 min break between my appts and the "Weekly" view is definitely better than the "monthly" view for this, but still not as clear as I would like.

von SimplePractice an 11.9.2019

Heather, thank you for your positive review. We're glad that you've found a lot to like about SimplePractice. We're always working on improving SimplePractice to streamline your workflows even further - thank you for your suggestions of what you'd like to see in SimplePractice in the future. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Bewertet am 8.9.2019
Geoff G.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2019

"Seamless transition, works exactly as described"

Vorteile: - Seamless transition from prior electronic medical record (EMR) to SimplePractice. Just great.
- Everything works, and loads fast
- UI is clear, intuitive
- Features work really well, including the videoconferencing add-on. Just really great!
Bottom line: It works exactly as described, was easy to set up, and really is a joy to use. Seriously.

Nachteile: I have not found something I didn’t like yet. I have been using it for a few days since I set it up this week, and everything is working really well! No problems.

von SimplePractice an 4.9.2019

Geoff, welcome to the SimplePractice Community. We're glad that your transition to SimplePractice was seamless, and that you enjoy using our all-in-one practice management platform. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Michelle H.
CEO/Psychotherapist
  • Bewertet am 6.8.2019

"Super Easy for Solo Practitioners. Need Some Work for Group Practice Use."

Kommentare: In spite of the cons noted above (and I could have written more), Simple Practice is VERY good software and would actually kill the game so to speak if they fixed some of the flaws noted above as well as improving customer service. While I do like that why have not outsourced customer service to a foreign country like many others, the lack of phone support can be rather irritating. No one wants to send emails back and forth to resolve issues,

Vorteile: Simple Practice really is super easy for the average user. It has a modern look and feel. In less than 60 seconds (52 seconds to be exact) you and create a new client, schedule and send intake forms to be electronically signed. Overall the system is pretty intuitive. I love that you can create your own document and forms. The template creator is fairly easy. I also like that clients can "request" an appointment, which I can approve or deny. Finally, the calendar has very robust features (even better than 'many' of the scheduling apps). Also this comment isnt about the software per se but about the company-- I truly appreciate the they encourage feedback and suggestions from their subscribers and take action on 'some' of the suggestions.

Nachteile: Simple Practice takes a really long time to get enrollments with Medicaid & Medicare. They blame CMS but even CMS says it doesn't take months to get approved to bill though a clearinghouse (Yes, I know SP is not a clearinghouse). Secondary billing with is an absolutely nightmare. You literally have to do it manually--as in printing and mailing. I'm not really sure why but every single client I have with secondary insurance billing section is messed up. Allocating payments appropriately is a mystery and there is a 'special' way you have to do it which Ive never been able to grasp. The end result is no client with secondary insurance has a zero balance. Treatment Plans do not have electronic signatures, which is a great disappointment. While there is a template builder, it's not intended for Treatment Plans only Progress Notes. Technically you can create an ITP of your own liking but in order to see your ITP goals/objectives to write your notes, you MUST use one of their templates (creating double work). Simple Practice is now being marketed for use for Group Practices. I was disappointed to learn that if you have Interns or Intermediate/Pre-Licensed Clinicians while you can review and sign their notes, there is not notification of any kind. This mean the Intern/Pre-Licensed Clinicians would need to email the Supervisor which client notes to read either daily or weekly--which is simply ridiculous.

von SimplePractice an 13.8.2019

Michelle, thank you for your comprehensive review. We're glad to support your practice with our best-in-class practice management platform. We're constantly working on improving our platform, as you've pointed out in our review, and are looking forward to improving our functionality around secondary claims, documentation, and group practices. Thanks for being our customer over the years. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Victoria F.
Psychotherapist
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2019

"Best Scope of Functionality for Price Out There"

Vorteile: I love all that I can do with Simple Practice. I was looking for a service that can house my client documents for my in-person private practice, teletherapy practice, and coaching business all in one. It makes the onboarding/intake process for new clients so streamlined and easy. It's so nice to have one less thing to worry about as a new small business owner. Customer support has been excellent. It feels great knowing I'll have help if I need it for something so essential to my business.

Nachteile: Sometimes it's not that simple to use! But I think it speaks more to the breadth of options available than to the software itself. There's so much I could do with it, at times it is overwhelming.

von SimplePractice an 13.8.2019

Victoria, we appreciate your glowing review. Our goal is to support practices like yours so they can grow and thrive. Thanks for choosing SimplePractice as your all-in-one practice management platform. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Casey C.
LPC
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2019

"Overall great software that could use a few improvements"

Kommentare: Overall, I have been happy with Simple Practice. I wanted a place I could handle paperwork, notes, billing, scheduling, and secure video and messaging--this has got it all. It's priced fairly, and so far has been more consistent than more expensive competitors. The support staff is helpful and quick to respond, but I would like to see clients have direct support access so that I am not having to be a middle person when they have technical issues. (I was told they try to limit client contact for privacy reasons, but with a BAA and informed consent in place, I don't see how privacy would be an issue.) The biggest change I would like to see is for clients to be able to upload and send documents. This is something I'd imagine multiple users would appreciate as many of us are offering telehealth and need to have a copy of each client's ID. Also, it would be more convenient for providers if clients could access their demographics so that the provider is not responsible for making changes whenever they'd like to opt in/out of text or email alerts. Finally, I'd like to see the consent documents moved out of the client portal and with the other forms so they are more easily accessible for updating.

Vorteile: Mostly user-friendly, responsive and helpful customer support, customizable templates, clear video, easy client onboarding and billing, great value for the price

Nachteile: Placement of consent documents is awkward and not intuitive. I would like the client to be able to send documents to me, access tech support, and change their demographic info and opt in/out choices.

von SimplePractice an 12.8.2019

Hi Casey, thanks for your positive review, and for calling SimplePractice a great value for the price. We're proud to provide an excellent product at a great value to private practices everywhere. Welcome to our community. - Gillian from SimplePractice

• Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Lisa e G.
Board Certified Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist in Private Practice
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 25.1.2019

"Does a lot. "

Kommentare: Good overall. The one other thing I would like to mention is that you can’t get a live help from Tech support in real time. You can “attend” virtual classes, sign up for live classes (which I haven’t done. Time thing) and if you have a question, you can submit it to a chat community (not helpful, not enough docs so they responses are non-relevant) or you submit an email to technical support and they write back. Here’s the catch. You have to respond to their response right away or if you miss the 2; hour window they consider your request “satisfied” and they move in. My suggestion would be to hire more live real time tech support. And if you want to add physicians, consider adding eprescribe and a lab interface. Just my suggestions. There are lots of reasons to not cater to doctors, but if Simple Practice would want to do that, a few small fixes could make this a very usable and more complete package.

Vorteile: Nice and plain in a lot of ways yet let’s you do these things:
Set up your own intake forms, diagnostic codes, billing forms, scheduling, a secure patient portal so when patients contact you, you can send them a secure link they can use to sign your consent forms, pay you using a credit card which you don’t have to handle, schedule a session, and do a telehealth visit in a secure HIPAA compliant way. There is also a way to do billing so bills can be submitted to an insurance company.

Nachteile: Simple practice is designed for mental health professionals and non-MD’s mainly, so as a psychiatrist, it does MOST but NOT ALL of the things I need for a telepsych practice. For example, I cannot e-prescribe, order labs or review lab results using simple practice. But that’s okay. They never claimed it could be used for this. So I am still getting off the ground with my own practice and will probably just use some work arounds such as writing paper scripts for now, and this is fine unless I get a patient who needs clozaril, lithium or delante, at which time I will need to get lab ordering and reviewing capabilities from somewhere else. So the thing is this. Simple Practice does a lot of things. For a psychotherapist non-prescriber, it would pretty much do everything you could ever want a platform to do. For a psychiatrist, it hits about 2/3 of the total function domain needed. For internal medicine, family medicine or endocrinology I would definitely recommend doing something else. They make no claims to physician specific and the main reason I picked it is for the telehealth and the billing simplification and the collect payment without touching money feature.

von SimplePractice an 8.2.2019

Lisa, thanks for your positive SimplePractice review. We¿re glad that SimplePractice is working for your telepsyche practice - you can always submit suggestions to our team on how to improve SimplePractice even more at simplepractice.uservoice.com.

• Bewertet am 25.1.2019
Nadirah M.
LMFTA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 28.11.2018

"Now that I experineced it for myself-Telehealth (Therapy) Not as scary and awakard it sounded!"

Kommentare: First, I am still learning the software, yet from my experience, I believe I will keep it. I am not shopping around for another one. The support is helpful, daily update and reminders that help keep me organized. At some time, I will add the calendar to my website. For now, the software lives up to it name in that it is a simple practice. When I rented office space, I had to be there to meet my client and some would cancel at the last moment. Now, I set the reminders, phone, email, text... and if I client doesn't show, after I have braved the traffic and rushed across town to get to the office, sitting and waiting and wondering if the client will show, I don't feel that I wasted time, gas and frustrated because the client did not call to cancel hours or days before. I really like my online office. I thought it would feel distant and cold...so far, the online face-to-face still feel personal. I also like that the system meet HIPPA and my state requirements.

Vorteile: I like the ease of scheduling appointments without having to complete lots of training of how to do so. I appreciate the stripe credit card system that is built into the software as this was one concern I had of accepting payments from client. I like the video conferencing and the fact that live training is offered and I actually get to see the people behind the scene as opposed to email. My inquiry to customer support turn around time was a reasonable and issue resolved. I love the fact the I can send a client a paid invoice immediately, after accepting credit card payment over the phone...thank goodness less paperwork. I really love all of the forms clients need to complete are available...ease of writing progress notes, etc...

Nachteile: I am still learning to use the software and got confused when I accepted payment the first time, and not certain if I needed to accept stripe versus manual credit card. I accepted manual credit card and had to make a correction. Each client recent activity is a running list and it would be nice if all activity were grouped under the client name. For example, when I click the client name, I see all activity that took place versus a running list of the same client name numerous times and activity. I wish that I could change the portal name. It appears once decided on a name, it is a url and locked, no changes afterward.

von SimplePractice an 7.12.2018

Hi Nadirah,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. We are so happy to hear that our Telehealth feature is working so well for your practice, and that reminders have helped your clients show up for their appointments on time. With respect to your comments about the Activity logs and your practice URL, we can provide more assistance here. Please reach out to us with an email request by clicking the orange 'Help' button in the bottom left corner of your account, or by following this link: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We look forward to hearing from you.

- Natasha from SimplePractice

• Bewertet am 28.11.2018
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2018

"Still learning, but loving it!"

Kommentare: It is obvious that a great deal of thoughtful consideration has gone into the development of this software. While there elements that I would like to see incorporated as a matter of convenience, there are absolutely no deal breakers here! I do have much to learn, but I feel confident that I made the choice for my private practice. Try the free month ~ be impressed!

Vorteile: It's only fair to say that I still have many things to learn! I've not experienced the insurance side of things yet, and that's a beast all its own. That said...
I find the online "How To" articles helpful and easy to follow. The videos are also helpful most of the time. I have not attempted to reach a person by phone, however, mostly b/c I've not needed to (yet).
Being cloud based was an absolute must. Love the intuitive and attractive visual interface! The Client Portal has been easy to incorporate into the company website, and clients find it easy to use. I like being able to initiate the intake process immediately with a client who requests an appointment. Super like the reminders that help me keep up with what needs to be completed. It has also been helpful to receive an email of my agenda for the day. Having the flexibility to modify forms or create my own is awesome! It took me some time to understand how, but I got it.

Nachteile: I prefer structure when I'm just learning how to navigate new software. It is helpful to me to have "How To" guides in an order that leads me through necessary processes. I found myself wondering if I'd completed everything required in a process, was there a tab I hadn't discovered, etc. Having a check list, an order, some sort of structure to remove the mystery as I acclimated would have been reassuring. Color coding features would be helpful to differentiate between clinicians, insurance companies, etc. I find the mobile app to be difficult to navigate. Attempting to schedule clients or see what is available is cumbersome. I've since synced the calendar with Google, and that appears to be working more smoothly. It would be wonderful if there was a way to connect local SP users. I've had questions come up that a user more seasoned than myself could likely answer in five minutes....versus the hour or more I spent chasing rabbits.

von SimplePractice an 30.10.2018

Thanks so much for your positive review. We have a thriving community of SimplePractice customers - most likely in your local area - on our Community Forum at community.simplepractice.com and in our Facebook community at facebook.com/groups/simplepractice. We're here to help - thanks for choosing SimplePractice.

• Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Lisa V.
Psychiatrist
  • Bewertet am 24.7.2018

"Overall, a well-designed and easy-to-use EMR"

Kommentare: This software keeps me organized, allows me to keep my patient information secure, integrates scheduling/billing/documentation in one place, and offers an app that is well coordinated with the full desktop experience.

Vorteile: The design of the software is clean and intuitive, not just the portion experienced by clinicians but also the patient/client portal. I found it easy to create my own templates and appreciate the ability to import the prior note to edit it for each session rather than having to start anew each time I meet with someone. Scheduling both by desktop and by app are very easy to use, allowing to set up repeat appointments. I appreciate the ease of generating superbills and invoices, changing charges and correcting them, and the option of manual inputs of payment if you choose not to use the integrated credit card payment system (Stripe).
I really appreciate the option of "privacy mode" so that patient's full names are not displayed on my calendar.
The 30-day trial was very helpful for ensuring that I was getting what I hoped I was and it was nice to be able to try both the essential and the professional features to figure out which plan made more sense for my practice.

Nachteile: 1. I think others have mentioned the irritation of not being able to contact someone directly for customer support. Emailing is fine, it's not a huge deal, but it just creates delays with issues that I think could be worked out quickly with a phone call.
2. As a psychiatrist, it would be helpful if there were ways to prominently post the patient's allergies, medications, etc in a way where you wouldn't have to hunt through your prior notes to find them. However, this software is marketed to behavioral health professionals broadly rather than psychiatrists specifically, so I wouldn't expect it to be so tailored.
3. I would like to be able to customize the mini-website that my patients see in more ways than what's currently available.
4. The rates for Stripe seemed a little steep (at least for a solo practitioner) but it's your only option if you want an integrated credit card system. In the end, I am doing that piece with a different service to avoid the higher rates.

von SimplePractice an 25.7.2018

Lisa, thank you so much for your thorough and thoughtful review of SimplePractice. We're glad to hear that you find SimplePractice to be clean and intuitive, and proud to support the work that you do! Did you know you can schedule a one-on-one screensharing session with a Product Specialist at your convenience, any time? We're always standing by to help. I'd also recommend using a Sticky Chart Note to keep information like allergies and medications at the top of the client's chart - just create a Chart Note and set the date to sometime in the future, and it'll stay at the top of the chart! Thanks again for choosing SimplePractice. We're glad you're a part of our community!

• Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Ariel W.
Business Manager
  • Bewertet am 28.2.2018

"Satisfied Chiropractor & Acupuncturist"

Vorteile: Lots of important pros. 1) Online scheduling and intake, 2) integrated payment processing and auto-pay, 3) cloud based, 4) competitive pricing, 5) very easy to learn, 6) the team is getting faster (slightly) with updates/improvements, 7) works for chiropractic billing now, 8) free online help articles, and 9) free month trial. We looked into so many options, and Simple Practice was clearly the best in our opinion. We're still happy with our choice; the pros outweigh the cons!

Nachteile: 1) Text reminders: you only have a few options of when they go out, and all options are 24+ before the appointment. A text reminder shortly before greatly reduces no-shows, so it's a major feature missing.
2) Confirming appointments: you can't turn off the need to confirm appointments, and it's time consuming to confirm every. single. appointment. We want the option to turn off confirmation, or at least for some appointment types.
3) Email reminders: you have to turn them on for every patient, and it's not quick to get to it.
4) Sales tax: they don't track it, so you have to manually keep track. You shouldn't use this software if you sell products regularly.
5) Customer service: too slow. Not just initial response time, but how many back and forth emails it takes to get an answer. I tried the live q&a and it didn't get me an answer any faster. Chat would be a big improvement.
6) Group practice: overall it works well. The thing that is lacking is the report to help with payroll. It's confusing and needs better instructions/help articles
7) Online scheduling: overall good. The con is cancelling online. A) it's hard to find, so we get more phone calls than we used to. B) we let patients cancel up to 12 hours beforehand, but the software cuts it off 24 hours before, so we again get more calls than before.
8) Color coding: you can't set the background color of appointments. For us, it would be so helpful to make insurance appointments a different color than self-pay.

von SimplePractice an 10.3.2018

Hi Ariel - We love hearing from our customers that have shopped around and find SimplePractice the best platform for their needs! It's great to see you're utilizing so many features already. When it comes to your requests for feature adjustments, we regularly take customer requests into consideration to make sure our product meets the needs of all types of business owners. We're created a Product RoadMap to share what we've done lately and what is in the works here if you're interested in checking it out: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005264123-SimplePractice-Product-Roadmap

Thanks for your detailed review!

• Bewertet am 28.2.2018