Know your value - it's invaluable!

Bewertet am 24.4.2018
Janine L.
User

Kommentare: Self confidence, a vision for where I want to aim my career, and an abundance of resources.

Vorteile: From gaining confidence in your current job, embarking on a promotion, to looking for a new job... this is an invaluable resource!! Knowing your worth can be liberating and empowering. It can also give you the much-needed boost to get a certification that would significantly increase your worth. The career advice and informative materials on Payscale are a huge bonus to really get a grip on the current employment climate. Things are changing at a rapid pace and even if you start a new job now, chances are high that things will be very different in a few years if you are looking for a new opportunity again.

Nachteile: I was a little weary of having to put my current company's name in my report because I am part of a VERY small team and they would know it is me. I still get good information from the site without having a complete profile.

I have used payscale to price positions as well as to benchmark my own compensation.

Bewertet am 12.5.2018
Aimee F.
OD/HR Professional
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Its a helpful tool whether you are looking to price out your 'worth' in consideration of a potential job offer, or you are looking to bench mark positions within your organization.

Vorteile: It's a great tool--they have an impressive amount of data from which they are pulling results. It's one of the more impressive salary tools out there because it takes into consideration factors that other tools are not - such as level of experience, region of the country, how much education you've had, and drills down even more specific than that. You can price by a job title if you are a recruiter or other HR professional or you can price out a potential offer for a position for which you've applied as a potential candidate.

Nachteile: While it seems to drill down specifically enough to differentiate between the non-profit and for-profit sector, I don't always agree with the results for my region. From my 15+ yrs experience, they seem to be pricing certain positions in the non-profit sector a bit lower. Perhaps they need to survey and add more non-profit data.

PayScale is a necessary tool to know what market value pay is for professional roles.

Bewertet am 7.6.2018
Christian P.
VP of Human Resources & Finance
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to use real data in order to estimate market rates for pay. This accuracy proves necessary for anyone in HR or an employee wanting to get a better idea of financial brackets for their roles.

Vorteile: PayScale helps you determine market rates and is a great help to any HR Department and employee. I find it to be fairly accurate to current marketplace pay rates and it is a trustworthy reflection of the current pay scale. If you need to gather supporting data and information on pay rates, this is a good source.

Nachteile: It can be a little one note, but it is targeted for a specific purpose, so it cannot be faulted for that.

I learned where I could be from information about my position, education, and experience

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
IT Solutions Architect
Staatsverwaltung

Kommentare: I was able to see where I ranked in terms of salary among people in my region with similar titles. I could possibly use this in future salary negotiations, but I think I would need a good bit more proof to really make my case.

Vorteile: PayScale showed me where I ranked in terms of salary and benefits among people in my region with similar titles and backgrounds.

Nachteile: It relies heavily on keyword matching, and people who have similar titles at different companies could be performing vastly different functions. It would be nice if they included some responsibilities in their questionnaire for a sanity check.

Huge help

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Manager - Talent Acquisition
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: PayScale has helped us build pay ranges throughout our organization. We now feel like we have a deeper understanding of what the pay should be in our different locations.

Nachteile: Not a con necessarily but we have several jobs that are hard to match up correctly. Our industry is very specific and pays more with certain experience.

Amazing team offering great data to help remain competitive with out compensation program

Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Stephanie O.
Senior HR Generalist
Verlagswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: All of our comp data in one place. We have employees in other states and PayScale comp experts helped us create labor markets for each area we have remote staff. This allowed us to have salary ranges applicable to those locations to ensure we were paying them relative to the COL vs. the DC market.

Vorteile: We have 125 jobs in our company and we were able to match all but two with this one system. These two were very niche to our industry and company so we are very pleased with that. The data is very comprehensive and made our salary structure review project very easy.

Nachteile: Some customization for us to be able to upload specialized job details would be helpful. We may find that other companies in similar industries have jobs that are hard to match.

Payscale is a great tool for making sure you're paying fair. We use it for every job.

Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Human Resources Manager
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great tool for making sure you're paying fair. Allows us to track our current employees and follow trends in pay so we stay competitive with current and new employees.

Vorteile: It's in depth reports for every position researched. Payscale more often than not comes back with great salary data based on our local market, with the ability to tweak depending on position, competition, time in role, qualifications, etc. A great all around tool that we depend on for every position. It also gives you the ability to keep track of all your employees and where their salary falls according to the local market.

Nachteile: Some positions, depending on the job title you have chosen, are mismatched. While this doesn't mean your data isn't available or relevant, a little more digging needs to be done to match up your role with the benchmark you want.

Change the game by persuasion

Bewertet am 24.3.2019
Recruiting Coordinator & Sourcer - Operations
Verbraucherdienste, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very detailed reports on compensation and total rewards, easy to read and utilize, good leverage when trying to convince internal stakeholders to rethink compensation strategy, Formulaic settings help stamp out new reports at the click of a button, good customer support and walkthrough

Nachteile: A bit confusing to toggle between settings if you are a new user, not entirely organized on the dashboard as it displays your most recent reports first

Amazing tool for HR

Bewertet am 18.6.2018
Ashante C.

Vorteile: I love the real-time market data in how much a profession pays and in what market depending on education, experience, etc. I also like the customer service, very helpful in negotiations and even with offering alternative perks to pay for a position.

Nachteile: The three year contract that locks you in is kind of a downside. I truly needed a tool to reference quickly with the limited staff size I have right now so all in all good stuff.

Great tool for compensation

Bewertet am 28.9.2018
Amy L.
Manager of Finance and Administration

Vorteile: Very easy to use. They do a great job with onboarding and making sure that you use the product to the fullest.

Nachteile: I have not had any issues with the product. So far, one year in, I love the tool and use ifor each new hire.

Great tool for benchmarking compensation

Bewertet am 17.10.2017
Senior Human Resources Manager
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Payscale is a great tool for benchmarking compensation for an organization, or simply seeing how much you're worth on the market. Payscale has been great to work with when we've sent job descriptions over to benchmark compensation within our industry and has given us great insight on where our pay strategy needs to be.

Nachteile: Benchmarking hasn't been a breeze for all of our positions, but that's mostly because we have some unique, specialized positions.

PayScale has been wonderful to use in so many areas of our business

Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Recruiter
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We have used it for competitives analysis, analyzing internal salaries, comparing markets, etc - it has been vital to several different areas of our business.

Nachteile: Sometimes the info I need for a specific city won't come up, but that is not all PayScale's fault - I'm sure it's a lot to keep track of that much data or they don't have enough data to support certain smaller areas.

Amazing software to detemine fair Salary range in the market.

Bewertet am 21.12.2016
Nithin B.

Kommentare: This software has helped our organization save a lot of money by helping us determine the salary range to offer a candidate for a particular role. I would definitely recommend this software to determine current salary bracket.

Saves us thousands a year!

Bewertet am 6.12.2016
Asher P.

Kommentare: No HR team should go without a tool like this with data that constantly updates and allows you to really hone in on the market range for a position.