My first choice in Payroll and HR Software

Bewertet am 25.2.2019
Melissa C.
Chief Financial Officer
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, this is the most comprehensive, yet user friendly, HRIS/Payroll system available. Having working with almost every large payroll product on the market over my 30+ years in business, the fact that I have implemented SentricWorkforce in the last 3 companies that I have worked with will be an indicator that this is a quality product, supported by a quality team of programmers, implementation specialists, and customer support and service providers. SentricWorkforce allows our company to drive supervisory responsibilities down to the managers that need it, while providing HR and Finance the confidentiality necessary to maintain our team members' privacy of information.

Vorteile: SentricWorkforce is a well-designed and well-rounded HRIS/Payroll System. The integration between Time and Labor Management (time cards) and HR (benefits, time off plan, performance) is seamless and makes running payroll a breeze.
The Time Off Plans, electronic forecasting, requesting time off, and approval process is always a "fan favorite" with the company employees, and they like being able to manage their own demographic information, direct deposits, tax information, etc.
As an Administrator, the wealth of stock reports, along with the ability to write ad hoc reports, means that I can always have the information I need, when I need it.

Nachteile: The one area where the software can be better, and rumor has it this is being add for a future release, is in providing calendar view of schedules and time off, both departmentally and company-wide.

I like working with Sentric and have found the reps to be accommodating and friendly.

Brenda T.
Payroll Specialist

Vorteile: I have found Sentric to be fairly easy to use and your reps are generally pretty quick to respond to questions.

Nachteile: I think that sometimes questions or requests are lost in translation when it comes to email. There have been times when what I have attempted to communicate has not being interpreted correctly. That can be frustrating, although you do have some reps who will pick up the phone and call to be sure that everyone is on the same page.
We have learned allot about the software through trial and error. There are probably many more benefits to using your program that we just have not figured out yet. It would be very nice if you would offer more training in all the aspects of using Sentric.

Sentric Workforce is so helpful

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Linda S.
Human Resources
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This solved our problem of keeping track of all Employee information and having it all in one place is just wonderful.

Vorteile: I like that Sentric is able to handle so many functions. We use it for everything! We keep all of our staff information, qualifications, benefits, payroll, etc. in the system. We also use it for recruiting and posting jobs as well. We can track our applicants and all of our openings. Once the applicant's information is in the system, it transfers over when they are hired so we do not need to reenter addresses, education, etc. It also has the capacity to run reports. We use it for so many functions, we don't know what we would do without it!

Nachteile: Some of the functions (such as reports) do require practice but the more you use it, the easier it becomes.

The entire platform needs an improvement from web portal to mobile application.

Derek A.
Director of Information Technology and Software Engineering
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Adding data into a central location.

Vorteile: I like that I can see my PTO and W2 information. I can easily review my teams hours for the previous and current pay period.

Nachteile: * Mobile application on android is flakey and disconnects constantly even though GPS /location services are enabled. * There are many times I used the mobile app and it caused multiple punches which in the end annoys me and HR to fix. * Everytime I submit a review for an employee, I get an error to contact the system admin. By the way I am the director of IT and this is super annoying to have managers call my department for software that is not managed by us. * after submitting a review the format is stripped and becomes a huge paragraph and hard to actually conduct a review. You should keep the format or all HTML. * Employees that are salary should be able to manage there own time and fix there mistakes in punching in and out. I have to review and approve anyways later for payroll. This is an extra step that causes distractions for both management and employee. * The web interface is not responsive. * the home page should nit display any sensitive information, because when I am conducting a review, I have to login to my account. Employees should never see my PTO. * Its easy to see how much hours my employee works in time and attendance, but its harder to see my own time per pay period, Why? * It was not intuitive to find how to create additional punches or modify segments. having an icon or visual display would help. I have more to add, you can give me a call.

Transitioning and adapting to Sentric Workforce has proven mostly favorable

Payroll Manager/Accounting Analyst
Metallabbau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A better understanding of how payroll/time clock software integrates with HR.

Vorteile: System works well for mid-size organizations and can be customized according to the organization's needs and pay rules. More or less it was a seamless transition from the larger payroll provider I had utilized in the past, as well as more affordable. The account representatives that I deal with the majority of the time are professional, kind, hard-working, and knowledgeable.

Nachteile: We utilize Attendance On Demand, which is the time clock side of Sentric and it is more challenging to correct issues since it's a 3rd party application. Additionally, some of the features within Sentric are less than user-friendly and do not often have clear instructional guides on "how-to's" (I can assume this is mostly due to all the customizations).

Top notch customer service. They are very responsive and have been helpful in implementation.

Matt W.
HR Specialist
Medizinische Geräte, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Sentric helped us streamline multiple software systems into one all in one solution for payroll and HRIS and ATS. Helped a lot in simplifying our time tracking to payroll.

Vorteile: The payroll module and open enrollment are great. Love the performance management feature as well. If you have some basic html knowledge, you can do a lot to make the system your own.

Nachteile: I believe there is room to improve on the ATS/Recruiting portion of the software. It works and can get the job done, but would love the ability to put more notes and chat with hiring managers within user profile. I will note that Sentric has consistently made changes and continues to get better.

Stellar - Wonderful

Deborah G.
Human Resources Manager
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Payroll, expertise, simplicity, access to information, reporting

Vorteile: It does everything we need it. Customer service is prompt and professional. Sentric is always working to improve the software. Recommend to all my friends.

Nachteile: Time keeping....the time keeping side of the software is not as great as the workforce side. Feel it could have an overhaul or needs some major improvements compared to how our previous time keeping worked.

A Good HRIS System

Lindy P.
Office Administrator

Vorteile: Sentric is a pretty good HRIS system. When it comes to employee self-service, it is intuitive and easy to use. From an administrator stand point it is also pretty intuitive, but if you have any issues it's pretty easy to get help through the Community Hub or from your representative. I haven't run into any downtime, which is great. The program is updated approximately once a month (as needed) and is during low-access times.

Nachteile: It doesn't do all that we hoped- for instance the calendar only shares with supervisors instead of the whole team. They are anticipating that this will change in June or July of 2018. Also, the only way to add pay stubs is to use the Sentric payroll administration. We are unable to upload employee pay stubs securely from another payroll administrator. Their time administration is also a bit wonky- the punch in/out on a cell phone doesn't always work like it should. That said our representative is great about sending in feedback to developers and keeping us apprised of changes that we have requested!

Overall a good experience in the beginning -

Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Beth N.
Payroll Administrator
Buchhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Time and attendance has made our life easier. Used to do a lot of manual keying.

Vorteile: Ease of operation - Easy to understand reporting system. Easy to navigate in the system to find information that you need.

Nachteile: The change from one contact person to the support team. Can't get some reporting items to run how we would like them to be. And not being able to change our GL without being charged.

Fantastic Service

Bewertet am 13.12.2016
Sandra P.
Director of Human Resources
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ease of the software is really great. There are a few things that need to be tweaked. Transferring from one company to another should be much easier than it is but that is my only real complaint. Our account representative is OUTSTANDING! I do not know what I would do without her. She is so knowledgeable and patient. She is a great teacher and always thinks ahead. I am so thankful to have her.

Vorteile: Ease of the software

Nachteile: Not being able to transfer from one company to another. The system does not keep track of terminated employees and the day they are terminated. That is done by us and not the system which it should be

von Sentric an 13.12.2016

Thanks for the feedback Sandra. We'll be sure to pass it along to the product team and let Bridgette know you're singing her praises!

Good services for the price!

Bewertet am 29.7.2016
Rachel A.
Director, HR
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Awesome implementation from start to finish, although the implementation team should probably learn more about the backend of the system, as we ended up creating more PTO policies than we needed (there's an override function I wasn't aware of).

Vorteile: Easy for me to use as an administrator, and they just added a mobile app, which is awesome!!

Nachteile: Some of the self-service functions should be more user-friendly.

von Sentric an 29.7.2016

Thanks for the feedback Rachel! We'll be sure to forward it onto the implementation team and product team!

It is very effective to have and saves our HR department time.

Elizbeth J.
Bookkeeper

Vorteile: Most employees can update their own stuff such as insurance, w-4's, banks information and they can pull previous stubs. They can request PTO and have an overall count of PTO time available and left. You can also check for future PTO availability for those people that like to plan ahead.

Nachteile: Sometimes is not as user friendly, where employees call to ask where what is. For Example when an employee needs a past check stub, it is a little hard to see the date change in the corner at the bottom.

Good quality product

Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Bethany R.
Human Resource Coordinator
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ACA reporting is a great tool. I love that employees are able to update their contact information and can view /print their pay stubs.

Nachteile: It does not seem like all parts of the product integrate seamlessly. If a manager puts in sick time for an employee in their time card, it does not pay them or update the attendance module.

HRIS and Payroll System

Bewertet am 16.1.2018
Lexi K.
Engagement Specialist
Philanthropie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: customizable, many options, completes the following functions: payroll, benefits, qualifications, employee profiles, talent management, reports, attendance, notifications, and is user friendly once you get to know the system

Nachteile: When something isn't customizable and you have to wait for your next upgrade in order to possibly get it.

Generally a good experience. Able to customize Sentric to our industry.

Lyndsey W.
HR/Payroll Specialist
Einzelhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Attendance, Benefits Module, Recruiting

Vorteile: Very user friendly. Our employees are able to use. The mobile app is a huge plus for our employees so they can view their pay stubs, schedule, etc.

Nachteile: There are some features we wish Sentric had that Sentric is not capable of doing. The customer service is lacking at times.

I have used this system since January 2017. Pretty straight forward!

Scott G.
Controller

Vorteile: Relatively easy to use. Navigating through the tabs and finding information is intuitive. Making changes on the timekeeping side has helped us manage hourly employees.

Nachteile: The reporting is less than optimal. We would love to be able to download reports into Excel that are dumped columns instead of having to convert the data into columnar format. Very inefficient. Would like to see a web based version!

BergerABAM HR Generalist

Bewertet am 5.1.2017
Donna M.
Senior HR Generalist
Tiefbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I enjoy using Sentric except when I need to delete/remove an employee record due to a duplicate or other reason. When this occurs, I have to notify our service rep to remove the employee record. Not sure why certain issues are controlled by Sentric instead of our HR team.

Vorteile: Easy to use once you figure out the layout of the Sentric software.

Nachteile: Ability to make certain changes in Sentric instead of having to contact service reps. Sentric seems to control certain aspects of the software.

Customer Service is excellent and people are easy to work with

Rachel T.
Corporate Accounting Manager
Gewerbeimmobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ease of using the payroll services and HR. The services are good and the customer service when we have issues is timely

Nachteile: The app does not work correctly. The cost effectiveness when implanting new features seem to be very expense.

Some things can be confusing to navigate but the support teams are great!

Jayme K.
Human Resources Specialist
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to run reports to complete other tasks. A good place to store personnel information.

Vorteile: The site provides everything you need in one place. Prior to using this system we had to rely on personnel files, so this makes it a lot easier.

Nachteile: Sometimes hard to navigate. There are also glitches with new hires and setting them up to appear correctly the first time when it comes to actually processing payroll.

Payroll Software

Bewertet am 10.1.2017
Linda B.
Payroll Coordinator
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: SentricWorkforce was easy to use and was very functional payroll wise, no payroll software is without issues, but Sentric's customer service was excellent. I really miss them and was sorry we had to change providers, not a decision made by the payroll department here.

Vorteile: Ease of use

Nachteile: None

Very good!

Wendy P.
Human Resources Manager
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to have everything centralized. Very good support.

Vorteile: The ability to house everything in one area. One stop shop. The technical support is fantastic. It is accessible to all employees in various degrees of permission level.

Nachteile: Sometimes it can be complicated and not intuitive. It took quite awhile to become proficient. I've been using it a little over a year.

Overall Great Platform

Ashley W.
Corporate Accountant II
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy payroll processing!

Vorteile: The software is user friendly and easy to use! I also love the customer support. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable and friendly. They certainly go above and beyond for their clients!

Nachteile: Updates to the system can cause glitches in the first 24 hours, however, Sentric is steadfast about resolving all issues expeditiously.

My take on Sentric

Bewertet am 6.1.2017
Joe M.
It services

Kommentare: I have greatly enjoyed these products. I love how user friendly they are. They offer such a wide variety. I would recommend these products for any type of business big or small.

Vorteile: The ease of use.

Nachteile: Nothing so far.

Sentric is user friendly & is a great all in one package.

Bewertet am 12.5.2018
Jessica L.
Accounts Payable
Unterhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: time keeping and payroll being integrated. My managers can on board their own employees.

Vorteile: Payroll and timekeeping being all in on. Payroll used to take me 3 - 5 hours but now it's about 30 minutes. My managers really like it as well. We track absences and tardy s a lot easier and efficiently.

Nachteile: The app only displays schedules in military time. I have the option on the website to switch, and our employees easily get confused using military time. Employees also don't see the full schedule to switch with other employees which would cut down time my managers spend reaching out to employees to get shifts covered. The prenote date is really inconvenient even set at 7 days. Our employees get a live check no matter how quickly their direct deposit info is put in the system. Our previous system was 3 - 4 days & usually their first check made the direct deposit.

So Easy to Use

Bewertet am 13.12.2016
Adrienne H.
Accounting Associate
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've worked with most major payroll software programs, including some that are specific to the industry they're used in. (ADP, Kronos, Meridian, Ceridian, Oracle). Nothing else has ever been this user-friendly. The only downgrade is for minor trouble with ad hoc reports, but everything else is wonderful.

Vorteile: User-friendly. Screens are easy to read and logical

Nachteile: Wish it was easier to write ad hoc (custom) reports