Dataforma

Dataforma Bewertungen

von Dataforma

I've used DataForma for a little over 11 years and wouldn't consider another program.

Bewertet am 20.4.2018
Michelle B.
Service Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Offsite access to all our info no matter where I am vs. where my teams are working. I don't have to be in the office to help, access info or make WO's while I am away from my desk.

Vorteile: Specific for the roofing industry. No need to change things to make it work for us. Things that don't work for me are customizable so they do. Listens to what customers say and grows utilizing user feedback.

Nachteile: I honestly have nothing negative to say about the program. Anything we don't like or would like to see added or changed can be discussed and considered. Most requests are implemented over time.

A great tool for roofers.

Bewertet am 22.1.2020
Tracey D.
VP Service
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Dataforma has been one the biggest reasons I have been able to grow my service department from 4 to 23 trucks. The software enables KPost to keep all our previous, current and proposed work organized, while the app allows my technicians in the field to process their work orders easily which allows our staff to bill faster. The analytics and reports I can produce with Dataforma gives me the information and data to know where my strengths and weaknesses are throughout my business. Allowing me plan for the future and train away errors. With Dataforma, I can read the future.

Vorteile: Ease of use to keep everything organized and sorted.

Nachteile: No mapping feature to locate defeciences on a map.

You need Dataforma!

Bewertet am 21.1.2020
Doug K.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We could not run our business operation without Dataforma.

Vorteile: We have been using Dataforma since 2006. In 2005 I thought it was interesting but decided to stick to our paper processes. After starting to use this everyone, and I mean everyone in our office agrees that business life without DF would be like going back to the dark ages. It is comprehensive yet easy to learn. We have never dealt with software support as good as they are. We use it for our service business, project management and customer management. Because it is cloud based it is constantly evolving. Don't miss the mobile APP for outside workers and the client portal for customers.

Nachteile: Not much. Waiting for accounting.

Will Make Your Office Paperless

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Jonathan S.
Hausmeisterservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I am thankful for Dataforma, it has taken our business to a paperless office and we are running more efficiently. I would like to make the potential buyer aware that it's not a finished product and there are bugs and glitches that I am still waiting for them to fix for us. The customer experience is inconsistent, sometimes really good and helpful while other times it's very difficult to get the help you need.

Vorteile: I love Dataforma because it allowed us to move to a paperless office, gone are the days of file folders! I also love the software because it works in a logical way, and has the potential to help your office run more efficiently. One cool feature is that Dataforma allows you to have custom templates made to meet your specific need, this feature has had the biggest impact for us.

Nachteile: There a few things to mention when it comes to the cons. One of the biggest aspects of Dataforma that I do not like is the Timecard feature. There's no way for our employees to see their hours for the week, and overall the employee experience is lacking when it comes to keeping track of timecard hours-this holds us back from becoming completely paperless .One of the reasons for this is that Dataforma is in transition right now and there are some glitches and bugs, which hold the product back in a big way. To go along with this, they recently raised their fees, charging a per user fee which if we would have kept our current users, our price would have doubled. So this has been a big setback for us. Dataforma is not a polished or finished product, thus the high price really is not justified at this point.

Perfect for Construction Services

Bewertet am 21.1.2020
Adrian H.
Estimator
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Dataforma is THE business management tool for the construction industry. The software allows the user to collect and retrieve any piece of information needed to serve the customer.

Vorteile: Easy to use! There are many business management software options but many of them are convoluted and leaves users unsure of how to output the data they need to effectively service the customer. Dataforma breaks down the business into modules which makes it easy for the users to get all the information they need to provide impeccable customer service.

Nachteile: I cannot think of one aspect within the software which doesn't make my life easy; it really is that great!

For better or worse.

Lisa S.
Production Data Manager
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ability to track Bids, Projects, Work Orders, Change Orders, Hours, Employee information.

Nachteile: Reporting function. Must pay for downloads/templates to be created, no templates to choose from.
Lack of ability to track employee training records.
Cost of use changed from unlimited users to a pay by user basis after we had been signed up for several years.
We are no longer able to pull hours out the way we used to which caused hours of lost time on our end in order to develop a new system.
No ability to track quanities of product installed.
No ability to view plan pages on the mobile app.

User Friendly & Robust Software

Bewertet am 27.1.2020
Kim B.
Vice President
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Dataforma daily for 8 years. I have to train new users and it is always the easiest part of training a new employee due to the ease of use. Dataforma is always helpful and quick to respond when you have an issue or need to add a new user.

Vorteile: Ease of use and the fact that it can do just about everything we need it to do.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, two separate customers can not duplicate information. There is double entry. But, the reason you can not makes sense as all the building ID's would have to match. The API's that they are building should help.

Dataforma Review

Stephen L.
Head Coach
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great experience, don't feel DF is adapting or modernizing colored to new competition

Vorteile: Initial industry CRM LEADER
Great Industry Partner
Closed system
Former Roofer designed Roofer system

Nachteile: Not designed for larger contractors
Closed systems -needs to be API FRIENDLY
Not connected through MS OUTLOOK
CLUNKY to navigate
Focused on accounting not basic core competencies

Review of Dataforma

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Tiffany W.
Service Coordinator
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is working for our service dept but not as functional as I had hoped.

Vorteile: The ability to save important customer information to the cloud and access remotely.

Nachteile: The software is not user friendly and is very detailed. It takes new users a long time to understand how to input new information correctly.
The way things are broken apart-building, company, customer, etc is too much. It makes it very difficult to make changes to companies as a whole.
The additional cost for templates is unfair at best.

It works if you make it work for you

Dan D.
WE Care Manager
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We needed a way to track where we have been with roofing repairs in the past and where money is being spent by our clients. The software allows for reports to be built extremely quickly and with the cloud integration adding photos to repair invoices is very simple.

Vorteile: The software is very powerful and useful once the foundation is built and then added to over time. If you want the software to really be productive historical input is key.

Nachteile: It can be a little repetitive when adding new information but this is because of checks and balances.

Dataforma Review

Lisa I.
Service Department Manager/VP
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been a great experience. It has actually streamlined our side (Service) of the business and allows us to invoice quickly and get info to our customers in a timely manner. DF was able to patch into our accounting system which is very helpful.

Vorteile: I love the convenience of the program. I can pull information within seconds. Also the calendar is great as well. You can do so much through the calendar. The mobile app is easy for our techs to use so we are getting real time information that can be passed to the customer. In addition, we can do inspection reports while the techs are on site and send to the customer and even get approval and start to process of the repairs. I also like that a customer gets the photos and that has made a big difference with our customers. They typically don't go on the roof and to send photos to them helps them to see what work was performed and that builds trust with the customers.

Nachteile: I believe the biggest con would be the new changes. Some of the changes make our part of what we use in the system more difficult. I wish there would of been a little more time spent on the training with some of the changes. The "employee" portion seems to be the most difficult since we aren't using DF to do payroll, there are extra steps now. Something else that is a "con" is the credit memo process. They show up as "paid in full" and that can be difficult to follow. It would be nice if they showed up as a credit memo.

Dataforma review

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Rudy R.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have solved scheduling and billing issues. we feel better moving forward with a consultant helping us untap the power of the machine by simply dividing the work load to 4 major functions so that each function can master its use.

Vorteile: the ability to track every aspect of your business

Nachteile: to many clicks to enter basic info. needs to be designed/ organized by a roofer and not a computer engineer.
Dataformas on-boarding staff did a poor job in follow up. It would have been nice to have a consultant that we have found that understood the users need and could assist you with gaining more useful / practical help from the system.

No Comparison - Best Overall

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Danielle F.
Maintenance Department Administrator
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have worked with DataForma in varying capacities since 2007. I have also worked with other "online based" contractor systems and hands-down DataForma is the easiest, all-inclusive, best value system I have used. DataForma is built for roofing contractors and when used it just cannot be beat. The functionality is amazing, and the continued growth and development keeps up with technology and the demands of roofing contractors. The complete history kept in easy access.

Vorteile: The way DataForma links everything together is amazing. To be able to know one solid piece of information and search other relationships back from that point to find what you need is amazing!! But then that does not say enough about document storage, ease of access and use, and the 1-point location for finding everything you need at your fingertips.

Nachteile: There are a few things that could use some tweaking. The Leads module - while we use it as a good tool it would be great to be able to transition a lead to a Work Order without having to re-enter the information. It would also be nice when using the search function to be able to click on the headings and sort by that heading.

All In One System

Lisa G.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Dataforma helped us get control over the entire process. It helped to streamline what it takes to go full circle. Keeps everyone in the know and has been a lifesaver in regards to being able to jump in anytime anywhere.

Vorteile: I love the library and being able to customize reports with photos and captions.

Nachteile: Feels like some things can be a bit repetitive

Flexible and robust functionality with great support.

Bewertet am 10.11.2016
Nathan K.
Operations Support
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We started using Dataforma a little over three years ago when we were informed about it during a trade conference. This was a large shift for us and as a roofing company, our end users were not technically proficient to begin with. We immediately noticed how supportive their staff was in making sure we transitioned to the software as smoothly as possible; they even had a company representative visit our offices to help train our staff. The software is fairly robust and there are a number of fields that can be populated in order to retrieve detailed information for reporting and reference as needed. Once familiar with the basics, we were able to speak directly with the Dataforma developers to have custom templates produced for data experts and reporting needs. The stability of the system has been absolutely consistent as they have redundant servers in multiple states. Over time we have been excited to find new ways to improve our operations, scheduling, accounting and basic CRM needs by becoming more familiar with the software and communicating with a helpful and readily available support staff. We now attend biannual super user conferences where the system administrators and various users from different companies can confer directly with the Dataforma design team. The events are very helpful in that we also confer with other users to find new ways to better use and adapt the software to our ever-changing needs.

Vorteile: The software is very robust and capable of producing reporting from a variety of perspectives and directions. The software continues to improve as the developers actively seek input from the end users. System stability and support has always been first rate. Great value for the investment.

Nachteile: Initial learning curve can be a challenge to some but the quality support makes this less of an issue. Looking forward to expanded accounting functionality.

Dataforma for Roofing Companies

Bewertet am 20.4.2017
Kyle N.
Director of Business Developement
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Having had extensive experience with several CRM programs designed specifically for the Roofing Industry over the past 13 years, I have been working with DataForm for the first time over the past year. We have considered leaving them for more functional software better designed for our industry, but with all the information they hold for us, we are still sticking it out. Actually, I am realizing that most of the reasons our company is not happy with it, is because they are only utilizing a fraction of what it is capable of doing. Not only that, but over the past year, they have added an entire envelope of new account management features that improve the front end and follow up account management practices that had been previously lacking. Why are there 3 different ways to do just about everything? Why does it matter so much if you click a notebook icon versus a notebook title when they should be a single movement? These are the things that can be frustrating to a new user, but once learned, this program can do a great deal - a true all-in-one package - for you business. It has been around a bit longer than most, so it is understandable for there to be room for improvement in ease of application.

Vorteile: How much information you can put within it, and how many different aspects of your business it can apply to.

Nachteile: Easy of operation....or should I say, lack thereof

Overall this system has improved our service scheduling tasks by leaps and bounds.

Bewertet am 23.4.2018
Jeannette H.
Controller / General manager

Vorteile: We use this software for our roofing service department. It is very easy to enter work orders. The dashboard is customizable to show you what you need at a glance. Our field crews get their work orders thru the DataForma app. We can change their scheduled calls in real time. It is easy to drill down work order history from a customer to a building address to an exact apartment or suite number. Trainers and customer support are very knowledgeable. The system rarely has downtime.

Nachteile: Reports aren't customizable until you export them. My experience is that I have had to export columns and columns of data I didn't want only to delete those columns in excel to get to the 3 to 5 columns of data I actually wanted. The system is not capable of pulling an AR aging to verify Balance Sheet AR totals. This is not an accounting system even though you can invoice directly from the system.

Great Product, Great Value

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Nathan K.
Solar Energy Systems
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The level of customization, flexibility, and overall stability of this software has made it invaluable to our business. We can reach knowledgeable staff every time we call and the answers we receive hit the mark every time. The numerous fields and sub-categories afford tremendous flexibility that enables us to customize our input/output for reporting on pretty much any attribute that we want. The new accounting modules are also well developed. In all, the functionality has enabled us to rethink and expand the analysis of many aspects of our business while maintaining close control over scheduling and operational demands at the same time.

Nachteile: Some users may find it a little intimidating at first but with proper instruction this should not be a problem. The user permissions are vast so having a system administrator who will remain on staff is important.

Highly recommend - Excellent CRM system

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Kyle J.
Sales Director
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent. Especially the customer service. this system is big and diverse and has a lot of functionality. I am not the most tech savvy person, so being able to talk with a live customer service rep exactly when I need to makes whatever price you charge worth every penny.

Vorteile: Until we procured Dataforma, we were limited in our growth. We could not get past a limited amount of customers because we did not have a system to manage them effectively. Since we partnered with Dataforma our service department has double in size. We are sleekly, more efficient and uniformed. We are able to communicate with our customers effectively and in a timely manner all through Dataforma

Nachteile: I do not like the pop-up viewing function of the pictures input into dataforma, it is clunky and inefficient. there needs to be a faster way to view pictures without exporting them. I have to remove pictures all the time and trying to see them before deciding which to include in the invoice is cumbersome and it doesn't seem to be as efficient as all the other functionality.

Comphrensive CRM and project solution

Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Molly G.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great tool for lead/project tracking, holding sales reps accountable to run leads and enter bids, and having all pertinent project information in one place that everyone can easily see. Industry specific, so not a whole lot of customization needed. Dataforma can customize almost any template to export your data. The price is super affordable for what they offer. If full accounting software was ready, it would be even better. Right now, there's a lot of double entry, but hoping that integrating Dataforma accounting with the current CRM will make things more efficient soon!

Vorteile: Scheduling capabilities
Reporting functionality
User-friendly
Field app
Document Solution
Accessible Remotely

Nachteile: Full accounting functionality not available yet, resulting in double entry of projects in Dataforma and other accounting software
Bulky-- have to enter information for projects in multiple places (buildings, contacts, etc...once it's all there, it's a great tool)

Bewertet am 11.8.2011
Jeannie D.

Kommentare: Our company specializes in commercial flat roofing. Customer service and satisfaction are our primary goals with any roofing project. We struggled for years to create a database that would be at our "fingertips" so we could easily contact our customers. We were using Quickbooks for our accounting and customer database. As our company began to grow, we really needed a database that tied all our contacts and their properties together in one "easy to access" area. A lead gen company put us in touch with a sales rep from Dataforma, and an appointment was scheduled. Scott came in to talk with us regarding Dataforma. Needless to say, Dataforma was exactly what we needed! We were ready to get started - "Where do we sign?!" Shortly after signing our agreement, Mike came to our office for "Dataforma training". We were pleasantly surprised how informative the training session was, and how easily the system flowed. Of course, we couldn't take in all the functionality of Dataforma at that time; however, the basic program was easily learned and implemented. Practice makes perfect - so the more comfortable we all became with the system, the better the information input. Mike would check on us every week or so to see if we had any questions. He could even check our input from his computer. The customer support is wonderful. Any time I have called in, someone always answers the phone and has answered my questions immediately. The system has been a wonderful asset to our company. From lead sheets to projects and work orders, all the information we need regarding a particular customer is just a click away! The Dataforma seminar in Baltimore last fall was so informative. My co-workers and I quickly learned that we were not utilizing half of the capabilities of the Dataforma system. We came away with a new perspective and understanding of Dataforma. Dataforma is always looking for input and suggestions to improve their system. They have a background in the roofing industry, which is a plus for us. Dataforma has minimized data entry and maximized the tracking of each project to give an overall view of the profitability and performance of our company. I would highly recommend Dataforma to everyone!

We use Dataforma for all of our server needs from work orders to bid calendars and document storage.

Bewertet am 16.5.2017
Tyler T.
Project Manager/Estimator
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software allows for a streamlined method of access to the files we need on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. It allows for members of our team to access data and information while on the go and away from the office via the server and the mobile app. The compilation of activities and calendars is a great tool to enhance productivity and manipulate communication obstacles to better address the solutions for them. The software is a tremendous tool for coordination with field technicians as well as office staff members.

Vorteile: DataForma is a great tool for organization of individual jobs/projects/buildings/etc... It compiles all contacts and pertinent documents in one accessible area.

Nachteile: Sometimes, as with all software for this type of use, it can become bogged down with too much information and things can get lost. Typically they are easy to recover, but it's still possible to lose information.

Anytime I need help I just call and I always get my question answered on the first try.

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Leann G.
Sales Admin.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The biggest benefit is being able to see everything we have done since we have been in business without looking thru a filling cabinet

Vorteile: Stores all my information for jobs and helps me keep track of them, you can run reports on just about anything you would every need, at anytime I can see how much work we have done for a customer (no more looking thru years of files), they are always adding new details and upgrades to make the program faster and easier to use, the app is great for the field techs, it emanates a lot of paperwork, I can do my work from anywhere as long as I have a computer or table

Nachteile: Sometimes a work order gets opened on a wrong build and I would like to be able to move it to the correct building instead of closing it out and opening a new work order

Dataforma has helped the chaos of our business become more efficient and standardized.

Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Karissa I.
Service Coordinator
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Real time information from our men in the field
Creating and implementing our roof inspection reports - this cut down 80% of the time I used to spend doing this.
Being able to answer to our clients how many times we have been on a job site
Having access to all documents relating to a building at my fingertips
We are currently utilizing the webinar videos for a new hire and I am so very thankful for those as I am not the best at training
Capturing and following leads from cradle to grave

Vorteile: It is not only a big filing cabinet but we are able to see everything in real time. It is also very helpful to see the progress each person makes through a sale. We have been able to capitalize on many more opportunities.

Nachteile: The one difficulty we have had which is also a blessing in a way is that there are numerous ways to do one thing. I have had to create a system for everyone in our office to follow by due to the numerous amount of different ways to enter something in.

Provides efficient tracking of our service calls.

Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Stacey H.
Administrative Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It review was easy to navigate through.

Vorteile: The software does a great job of allowing us to keep all records (service calls, maintenance calls and pictures) tied to a particular location together. This gives us a running history of when were at a location and what we did on each visit.

Nachteile: The difficulty with creating/printing/exporting reports. All reports are canned and export every item in the module. If you want to customize a report, you have to work through the Help/Customer Service team to have them generate a custom report. I would prefer to be able to select which details I want in a report and then be able to export it.