MISys Manufacturing

Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Michael J.
IT System Administrator
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When I first encountered MISys at this company I looked at it and saw what looked like an older software application built by a small company. My experience has changed over the last 6 months as this software is easy to use, mostly intuitive and is extremely easy and straightforward to maintain. Also whenever I have had to reach out to the company, the service is phenomenal.

Vorteile: MIsys is a great software package that is written well, performs well and is easy to install and maintain. Issues are few and far between, and when they have come up, they were easy to resolve by ourselves or with a quick call to customer support. This company has fantastic support that is knowledgeable and quick to respond! I would recommend this software to any business that keeps inventory.

Nachteile: Occasionally users get locked in the logged in state and have to be kicked by the admin. I would also like an option to set the default client connection options from the server admin so when a new client machine is loaded I do not have to configure it by hand.

Great software, great people and great support.

Bewertet am 25.8.2015
Bill S.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Vorteile: We’re a small manufacturing company and we like to be “lean and mean.” That’s our motto. We do a lot more with fewer people and that is a huge advantage for us. Staying lean and mean helps keep our employees involved in the business. Many of them have taken a huge interest in MISys because they know it helps them do their job better. Involving them with MISys has helped with morale.
MISys has improved the accuracy of our counts for inventory parts, finished product, and service parts. As much as we like QuickBooks, the software was not good for inventory. We could conduct a physical inventory and two days later it would be off and couldn’t figure out what problem was. With MISys, our inventory is right on.
MISys helped with our work orders as well. When we build a product, MISys helps us track the project from beginning to end so that we know what is being built, what inventory is being used, and when the project will be complete. We know exactly what we’ve got in the works.

Nachteile: I think that the MISys software is a well oiled machine running smoothly as well as the company and it's people. I like everything about it. I have no issues.

Using MISys

Bewertet am 17.1.2020
Linda K.
Medizinische Geräte, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our company has been using MISys for several years. We manufacture completed items and sub-assemblies, and individual replacement parts. We really needed to keep track of our inventory more efficiently than a spreadsheet and MISys was the solution. The on-Line training has been good but we have found it challenging to find the time we need to learn how to use the MRP features and also Serial/Lot Tracking. Support provides great assistance when we need them.

Vorteile: Comprehensive, Training Videos, Inventory, Quick response from the Help Desk when needed.

Nachteile: I would like an easier way to customize reports.

Powerful but cumbersome manufacturing software

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Dave K.
Production Manager
Medizinische Geräte, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It provides quick inventory checking, and thorough history analysis. Purchase history and stock movements are easy to track. Technical help is readily available.

Nachteile: This software is cumbersome and cryptic. After a sweeping learning curve, materials requirements planning is still not implementable after several years. Item and assembly input is so inflexible that it can take hours to remedy a minor stock issue. Reporting for accounting purposes (valuation, journal entry, etc.) and for inventory planning is difficult.

Over all a good experience. We have used it for Quick Books Integration for our manufacturing

Bewertet am 20.9.2017
Matt G.
Support Supervisor
Sport, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Integration between Quick Books

Vorteile: Works with Quick books integration which was necessary for our company as we operate as a manufacture but also sell our product. We needed to be able to manage everything directly through Quick Books. This feature has been great for our team!

Nachteile: While our integration with Quick Books is function it has been clunky and seems that the two do not always shake hands correctly. Some of this seemed due to versioning with our Quick Books instance, but some of it was left unknown as MiSys couldn't directly comment on the trouble we had seen. Over all it is a good item to use. Seems that it could be a little more intuitive as well. Many tasks require training to use.

Needs to be rewitten

Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Mike H.
IT Consultant
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I think it is a good software but there has to be something better and faster. Maybe a mysql php solution. Or they should clean up their code.

Vorteile: The overall concept is nice and he handles the information well. It does do that job. it is a needed software for manufacturing.

Nachteile: It is so slow even on new server hardware and having a dedicated sql database server it's so so so slow to pull reports. There are multiple databases and it seems like it was just bandaided over the years. I think its still coded for 32 bit and not 64 for most of the architecture.. There are bugs in the software the end users are always complaining about even with printing.

Using Misys is simple for a first time user as myself

Bewertet am 5.12.2016
Brett W.

Kommentare: My company began with MiSys a few years ago and after just a few weeks everything clicked and it has made managing our inventory very simple. I find it easy to discover lots of details on a part we sell with just a few clicks.

MISys BOM is easy to use

Bewertet am 13.12.2016
Nan K.

Kommentare: One of my favorite features in MISys is easy to use Build of Material (BOM) which quickly lists all parts in an assembly, allowing you to easily calculate the material costs.