Great partner for our business

Pamela W.
President/owner
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a small, family-owned, unique property with a loyal clientele. I spent several years searching for reservation software. Nothing was a good match for us. We found ReservationKey through a guest whose daughter was an innkeeper. We have a loyal customer since 2012.

Vorteile: As a former technology teacher, I appreciate representatives expertise with all the complexities when dealing with software and how to integrate with so many moving parts. He and his team are very customer friendly and responsive. representative is always open to new ideas and works hard to keep improving his software to meet customer’s needs and changes in the market.
ReservationKey is very customizable. It is easy to make large or small tweaks to one’s reservation page or pricing without having to pay a programmer. While this may seem like a little thing, one of our needs was the ability to mark a reservation as ‘Do Not Move.’ Our loyal customers request their favorite units and trust that we will not disappoint. This need confused other software vendors, while ReservationKey had an easy-to-use solution. I see representative working out similar solutions for other businesses’ unique needs.
ReservationKey has many add-ons. The list of reports is extensive and are extremely helpful when making business decisions. I find the User’s Forum useful, not only for the software but also for new business ideas. The software is easy to use and offers many built-in training tools for new staff.
I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to try to run our business without ReservationKey.

Nachteile: Not many. I struggle with some of the overall financial reports and find it easier to build what I need in Excel. However, that may be more a function of how I work rather than a problem with ReservationKey.

Unless you are a chain hotel, there is no reason to use anything else.

Bewertet am 16.2.2019
Michael V.
Innkeeper
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Pretty much flawless.....We've been using this system for about a decade now....I think it's gone down a total of 4 times during that decade (that's definitely over 99.99% uptime). Any downtime is minimal (usually a few minutes,) and things come back up with minimal hiccoughs. Honestly...this software...it's perfect for small-medium businesses.

Vorteile: Simple, intuitive, easy to use. I love every view, and the flexibility of adding custom fields. Exporting customer data and payment data, through csv is a god send. The price is amazing for what you get...and the support is fast and reliable. I have used many different PMSs in my career, for both large chain, and small boutique hotels.

Nachteile: It would be nice to be able to have different custom fields based on the type of customer (Transient, group, business traveler, or a monthly tenant.) Rather than the same fields for every reservation. I wish the payment details report could also show taxes and levies (if any) paid for each line item. The expense reports need a bit of work...but they are INCREDIBLY helpful for smaller business who do not have their own accounting system. I love the expense by vendor page for sorting out Booking.com/expedia commissions (and I love how it automatically calculates those commissions through our connection through myallocator.) However, the dates of those reported commissions are listed when the reservation is created....not when the reservation actually checks out (which is when the commission is actually charged.) This makes extrapolating, or verifying commisions from monthly commission bills (from OTAs,) more difficult.

Great reservations system, integrates well with your web site, excellent features, highly recommend!

Marc Y.
Owner/Operator
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have enjoyed full integration with our own web pages such that you don't even realize that you are
using RK's booking engine. It was fairly easy (if you know some HTML/CSS) to integrate and RK's support
is fast and thorough, thanks to customer support staff. RK is fast and reliable for our needs and works well with our desktop
computers, Android/Apple phones and tablets while on the road.
The grid shows inventory status nicely with out clutter. Very configurable for colors, column sized and
titles. This is the screen you work with almost almost all of the time, so it need to be what you want to
see and allow you go make important elements obvious with color and fonts, etc. RK does it all!
Highly recommended!

Vorteile: Many pages of reports and settings, very configurable to our needs. Short learning curve to get going.
Links are provided on many pages which can be sent to people or staff to load a selected report or page.
Plenty of CSS configurations are available as well as "custom text" for things that appear on RK's pages.
Lots of photos of your rooms and description space. Can be configured for rooms and RV/Tent sites
as we have here.

Nachteile: Not many, we have used this system for 6 or 7 years and once set up it is a daily part of our routines.
I think there is still a small issue on bill totals, it doesn't agree with our cash register, off by pennies.
Couldn't adjust for first nights deposit to consider multi-night discounts on that amount, so we still
have to hand calculate the 1st night deposit for longer stays.

von ReservationKey an 3.10.2018

Thank you for the great review! Yes, we have worked hard to make things as configurable as possible, while keeping the interface clean and simple. We are glad to hear you are enjoying those features. We will take a look at the report issue you've noted and will see if we can correct that.

Best Bang for your Buck

Ron L.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using ReservationKey for 8 years now and would give it an overall rating of 9.8
We have been very pleased with its functionality and capability and for our needs it has been a very cost effective solution. We would highly recommend giving this try.

Vorteile: Easy to initially set up
Simple to use and menus make sense for the most part
Lots of capability for the money
Very cost effective when compared to other products/services
Integrates well and simply into our web site
Integrates with Tripadvisor so you don't need to use an OTA
Support is responsive when an issue has popped up
RK is constantly working on improvements and upgrades

Nachteile: There are a few reports which could be added or improved
The gift certificate function could be updated and provide more ability to customize

Love their Free Trial and the product they offer!

Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Sheri S.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very positive experience so far! I look forward to working with this tool more!

Vorteile: I love the 30 day Free Trial they offer. The product is really easy to use and the free trial allows you to decide if you like the product and if it meets the needs of your lodging business. I found that I really like the ease of use. I've used other reservation software programs and have found that often times you aren't able to see all the pieces of the puzzle in one place. What I like about Reservation Key is that I can see at a glance the daily rate, the minimum stay and any promotions that I may have incorporated. With other products I've found that I have to drill down and open up several windows to be able to see all of this information. Not so with Reservation Key. I also like how quickly information about daily rates and minimums can be copies over to in the individual rate plans that you set up. I'm still learning Reservation Key but am extremely happy with what I've seen so far. The customer service is great! If you have a question and cannot reach someone via phone they return your call very quickly and respond to emails. Lastly I like the guest user end look. Availability is attractively displayed when a guest is searching for availability. The page is displayed well and is easy for a guest to use to quickly make a booking. There are also many features included in this product and at a very fair price. I like the email templates that are included and the flexibility of being able to change them or to create your own and schedule the emails automatically.

Nachteile: I would like to see more ready made templates for the availability display that a guest does see. Reservation Key offers a few limited ready made options, that said...they do offer to customize the look of that page for a reasonable fee. Well worth it if you would like the user end of the system to match the look and feel of your website.

Easy to get started and use.

Bewertet am 13.10.2018
Peter R.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Reservation Key has been fairly faultless in helping me run my business. I wanted a simple platform to get me started in running a bed and breakfast and I have stuck with them for that reason, despite monthly calls from the competition.

Vorteile: We went straight on to Reservation Key when establishing our bed and breakfast some time ago. We wanted software that was fairly simple to get started and represented excellent value for money compared to the competition. Help was always available during this process and, since then, additional support has been readily available, often within 12 hours through e-mail and sometimes over the phone if necessary.

Nachteile: Could do with a few more options for credit card processing. We went to Yapstone a couple of years ago and the cost of processing has increased beyond what I consider to be reasonable, especially for a small three room bed and breakfast.

von ReservationKey an 17.6.2019

Thank you for your long time support and use of the system. Besides Yapstone (currently 2.75%) we also integrate with a number of other processors - authorize.net, Square, GoEMerchant, and PayPal. Update: As of June, 2019 we now also support Stripe.

many years of great experience

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Reinhold M.
Co-owner, Manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In our experience the integration with MyAllocator was one of the biggest achievements that the company did and it happened just in time for us, when it became unfortunately necessary to join OTA to keep bookings strong. The customer service of this company is simply outstanding. Whenever you have question, they get resolved via the "forum" , which seems to be a great way to communicate. In our memory we never needed a problem solved over the phone.

Vorteile: We are using Reservation Key since 2012 and chose it because at this time it was one of the most affordable softwares around and easy ti use. The integration into our website and customizable look made it an outstanding choice. Of course the customer service was ready to help setting things up to our liking. Never once did we feel we made a wrong choice. The software definitely has all the features you might be looking and we must admit that we don't even take advantage of things that are there to run a successful business.

Nachteile: For us cons don't exist. Only this question seems to be a con since it is looking for more words.

Flexible and Responsive

Bewertet am 26.9.2018
Linde D.
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I've been using Reservationkey for years. It is reasonably priced, very versatile, so I can set up an interface that I prefer. It links well with other sites like MyAllocator, so all of my sites are in sync, which helps prevent double bookings. Most of all, the representative is very responsive. If I don't understand something or I want to do something unusual, he helps me get the problem solved quickly and graciously. Reservationkey is constantly being expanded and improved, so I am even more satisfied with it now than when I first started using it.

Nachteile: It can be wonky, sometimes I have to use a little html to get exactly what I want, but that just adds to the flexibility. I'm sure that if you don't know any html, the representative would take care of your needs directly, though.

von ReservationKey an 4.10.2018

Thank you for your very nice comments.

Yes, by adding HTML to most of our fields it is possible to really get creative in what you can do. As you've noted, we are happy to help out with this whenever anyone has questions about it.

C'est La Vie Inn B&B review

Bewertet am 3.11.2018
Josh B.
inn keeper
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have found Reservation Key user friendly and intuitive. I have appreciated the technical support when I have had questions on the inner workings of Reservation Key. We bought and started to run C'est La Vie Inn Bed and Breakfast a year ago with no previous experience in running a B&B. It was hit the pavement running and Reservation Key made this transition much easier with its day by day display screen showing current reservations and those that have, for a variety of reasons, have cancelled. I have enjoyed setting up rate plans for the rooms as well as the rate adjustments for local special events that tend to lead to peak occupancy. I would certainly recommend this product to others.

Vorteile: I have found Reservation Key user friendly and intuitive. I have appreciated the technical support when I have had questions on the inner workings of Reservation Key. We bought and started to run C'est La Vie Inn Bed and Breakfast a year ago with no previous experience in running a B&B. It was hit the pavement running and Reservation Key made this transition much easier with its day by day display screen showing current reservations and those that have, for a variety of reasons, have cancelled. I have enjoyed setting up rate plans for the rooms as well as the rate adjustments for local special events that tend to lead to peak occupancy. I would certainly recommend this product to others.

Nachteile: None

Best system for the money, excellent support, great for newbies and experienced users!

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Jessica D.
Proprietor
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Absolutely excellent! From functionality, to support, to progress, 5 stars.

Vorteile: Lots of help to get set up and once you are up and running, super community for assistance, as well as developer assistance. The system of communication with our guests has been a huge part of our success in gathering reviews and staying in touch with our guests. The calendars and reports make the day to day management super easy and I love the ability to set up multiple logins to track the work of my staff. All the tools I could ever need at a price that I can afford for my small business! (No, I was not paid to write this! Promise....I've been using the system for well over 5 years and have met with almost every other provider out there...every one is missing a key feature and are charging more!)

Nachteile: Since I am being forced to choose something I like least, I suppose I'll go with the themes, but that's not really a negative....ask for help and you shall receive!

RK helped me grow by business

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Charla T.
Owner/Operator
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We love it! If you have a handful of units and are still using spreadsheets to keep track of reservation data, do yourself a favour and sign up for RK. Easy set up, and helps owners provides a higher level of service to their guests. Definitely worth the investment.

Vorteile: —That the designers truly cared. They were active in the User Forum. We could suggest ideas and see them be implemented.
—The price point made it a simple decision to to sign up even when we had just a few units. The time saved by using RK more than paid for the Monthly Fee. It was a great return on investment.
—We love the AutoEmails, Yield Management Settings, being able to easily take resrverations online,

Nachteile: —It doesn’t push our listing content to Online Tracel Agents. We just update those manually.
—The Property Listings have just a TextBox to describe the prooerty. It would be nice to have some standard fields like “# of Bedrooms” or “Square Footage” so that the information could be displayed more consistently.

ReservationKey Software

Bewertet am 14.2.2019
David W.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Extremely cost-effective solution for easily tracking bookings and customers for my small B&B. I tried several others over the 16 years I've been in business and am very happy to have finally found something that works well for me!

Vorteile: Super-responsive customer support where you can talk directly with owner of the business who seems to be intimately involved in the actual software development. (Probably does his own coding, is my impression.) He engages with you until you have a solution, and is very appreciative of suggestions and feedback, always improving the software. This is full-featured software, but from a small business that is still super-responsive to its customers.

Nachteile: Still a few odd quirks with the software, in my opinion. Like the tax is calculated by item and then added up afterward so it often does not match to the penny the tax that is charged by my credit card processing system - so I have to make manual adjustments on receipts.

They Anticipate Your Needs!

Judy B.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over time with experience, I have been able to communicate with my guests more efficiently. It makes my website look much more professional with this software and it presents my property as an up to date, modern facility with the technical capabilities of a much larger property.

Vorteile: I can modify so many things on my own. Whenever I need an answer to a dilemma, I just go to the Tutorial Page and search out my problem. Or, I just sign onto the Forum and look for a similar situation to my own. Case in point, I was able to adjust my confirmation template on my own just by using the search mode on the Forum and I’m all set with a solution to a problem.

Nachteile: Sometimes I wish there was a chat option but I understand how the team feels about this program and they have very hands on.

von ReservationKey an 3.10.2018

Thank you for the nice review and idea about having a chat option. That could be a nice enhancement we add in the future. We are glad to hear you find our forum and tutorials useful.

Great product

Bewertet am 9.7.2019
Margo R.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Have been using since 2014 and not planning to change any time soon. I was able to set it all up with a minimal help. Support is great. Even though I am in different time zone it never takes long to get the help.
Thank you, it makes my life easier.

Vorteile: Once set up the system is easy to use and update the info as needed.

Nachteile: There is nothing that I do not like about it.

Been using Reservationkey going on 8 years

Bewertet am 26.9.2018
Steve F.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love that fact that when we had a question the founder of the company would respond. He was always willing to solve problems or create software to solve our questions. He is great and I hope he never sells the company to a larger company that does not care about its customers like he does.

Vorteile: It essentially runs the back end of my business as well as it links to the front end through our website and online calendars.

Nachteile: It was difficult to set up but one it was set up any questions I had got answered quickly. I would like to to be able to add a cleaning schedule that links with my calendar so I could create a schedule for my cleaners that showed specific check in check out dates and the names of the parties.

von ReservationKey an 4.10.2018

Thank you for being long time users and for your nice review.

We do have two housekeeping reports that you could take a look at to see if those would work for your cleaners. We also have a way to link to calendar reports, so perhaps those could be used for the cleaners.

Excellent value for the cost

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Laura F.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I am very happy with the service provided by ReservationKey, and am particularly pleased with the excellent customer support and ability to directly communicate with the developers.

Vorteile: The software is highly customizable, so it can be made to fit your property exactly the way you want to run it. The visual layout of the calendar is excellent, and the direct booking platform is easy to manage.

Nachteile: Managing pricing is still a little tricky, though they've been making ongoing improvements ever since I started using the software in 2015. Basic pricing, discounts, and things like minimum stay requirements are easy enough, but once you start getting into the really fancy stuff (multiple rates per room varying by season, to be super specific), the software is still functional but currently lacks elegance.

Suggested by Innkeeping friends

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Jim H.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Having used pencil and paper for our small motel for over twenty years Reservation Key allows us to offer guests the chance to book or view available rooms online and cuts out a ton of telephone calls.

Vorteile: We have used for several years, price is reasonable and it does what I need. Prior to using Reservation Key we used pencil and paper and took reservations by telephone (many years) wife isn't a computer person. Reservation Key allows our guests to book online and does a good job in my view. I check the RK forum often for new ideas and my education.

Nachteile: At the moment I can't think of any negatives, does what we need. I see others comments about minor differences in money totals, having worked with a database in a prior job, well every bit of software seems to round a bit differently.

So easy and so many options

Jeanine P.
Owner/Office Manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When we started our business, we had never used any software for the hospitality industry. We picked it up in about five minutes of training. You constantly are learning as they bring on new reports, and updates to the software. For a total of only 8 cabins, this is the best price we have ever found, still to this day.

Vorteile: We are Rustic River Cabins, love ReservationKey. So easy to add, remove, and quote guest for reservations. We have been running ReservatioKey for seven years and would not have any other software. The calendar, on the page is one of my favorite features. I can not only see all my reservations, but I also can see my schedule by just clicking in a box.

Nachteile: Honestly, I can not think of a thing.......support is great, community will help you out if you cant figure something out.

We Love ReservationKey

Keren C.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and intuitive. If you have a question, it's easy to search the FAQs and find a detailed answer with links to their blog and videos on how to get where you need to go. Additionally, they are pretty quick about getting back to you about a problem.

Nachteile: The only thing we think could make this better, is easier integration with the third party sites, without having to buy another piece of software to interact.

von ReservationKey an 4.10.2018

Yep, we agree, we need more direct connections to OTAs such as booking.com and Expedia. These projects are top on our list. For these channels we work currently through a channel manager. We do have a direct connection with TripAdvisor TripConnect and iCal links work well for Airbnb and VRBO among other.

Thank you for your very nice review, and for being a long time user of the system.

ReservationKey is a good value

Bewertet am 13.10.2018
Burney B.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ReservationKey has worked well, and has been improving over the years that we have been using it. Customer service has been good when issues have come up.

Vorteile: The platform is flexible, with the ability to make many different reservation pages. It also works well with MyAllocator and iCal calendars for interfacing with outside platforms.

Nachteile: 1) Guest addresses are all in one text field...organizing marketing efforts to previous guests by zip code is problematic.
2) Only one alternate rate plan can be used in a reservation page...it would be helpful to have more available to apply to various marketing sources.

von ReservationKey an 30.10.2018

It actually is possible to split the address field into multiple fields. This is an option under the Settings tab, Account Preferences. Thank you for using the system and for your review.

Reservation Key is Invaluable to my Business

Bewertet am 11.10.2018
Robert K.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I started a small hotel 7 years ago with never having been in the business and no idea where to start with a reservation system. Another hotel recommended Reservation Key and I am glad I followed their advice. From the beginning, it was very easy to set up and learn. Also, they continue to refine and add features. I am also amazed how fast and thorough the support is. The system is very easy to use but it also has LOTS of functions that I can sometimes forget. No question is too small for an answer, and it is easy to search on their support site for most answers. I do not hesitate at all to recommend Reservation Key to others.

Vorteile: Flexibility, amazing support for questions, ease of use, email templates (with tracking capabilities), access on my computer and iPad.

Nachteile: There really is nothing I am unhappy with.

von ReservationKey an 30.10.2018

Thank you for your very nice and supportive comments!

Reservation Key helps me manage my B&B business

Bewertet am 14.2.2019
Thomas C.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have been using Reservation key for more than 5 years to manage my 3 room Bed and Breakfast here at Dreams Come True on Maui Bed and Breakfast. I looked at other alternate systems both before and after deciding to select Reservation Key. It is the least expesive option and seems to give me everyting I need to accept online reservations, manage my calendar, including synching with my airbnb and VRBO calendars, and analysing my data for tax reporting and setting up policies to maximize my occupancy. I would recommend Reservation Key to any small accommodation provider from a single unit vation rental to a 50 room inn.

Vorteile: I like that it allows online reservations and collects and helps me manage the data.

Nachteile: It is a bit complicated to set up and get ot to do exactly what you may want it to do. But once you set it up, it is easy to use.

The *best* reservation system!

Bewertet am 30.10.2018
Stacy K.

Kommentare: Exceptional!

Vorteile: The customer interface for my guests is simple and easy to use. The back office contains numerous useful reports: occupancy, revenue by room, year-by-year comparisons, taxes collected by month or quarter, even sales by item so innkeepers can easily view which add-on packages are selling the best. There are so many reports that I’ve only used about 50% of them!

Nachteile: It’s sometimes a little difficult to find the information I need because of the numerous reports & pages. However, a huge portion of this difficulty is me not remembering where to find something, like the url link information. There are a lot of training videos available to help users navigate though the system.

Easy to use & cost effective

Jim S.
Owner/Manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fast support and great forum allow anyone to get quick and easy solutions for any lodging establishment without having to hire tech staff. It's all included with ReservationKey

Vorteile: As the former IT Director for a billion dollar retailer I appreciate that with ReservationKey anyone can afford a well designed, easy to understand reservation system. It is so flexible it can meet the needs of any lodging establishment, small or large

Nachteile: There is nothing I don't like except that the interface with expedia isn't done yet.

von ReservationKey an 3.10.2018

Expedia integration is high on our list. Also booking.com. These are the two channels we see our clients connecting to the most so we are putting a high priority on building these direct connections.

Thank you for your support and for being a long time subscriber.

Excellent software as well as support

Bewertet am 11.10.2018
Anthony S.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Anytime you have a problem they take care of it for you. You need something changed ask and it will most likely be done. Really quick response from support and 100% satisfied

Vorteile: I literally spent about a month researching different software programs for our reservation needs and reservation key hit the mark. We have over 50 properties that we rent and appreciate the ease of use and functionality of reservation key it makes our lives much easier and helps us get more business by freeing up our time to focus on renting.

Nachteile: I honestly can't think of any negative aspects of the software it really fits our needs quite well and we are completely satisfied we have been a customer since 2007 and we are not going anywhere