Dyknow Keeps the Students Honest..or else!

Bewertet am 19.3.2017
John D.
Science Teacher

Kommentare: I use DyKnow primarily to keep up with student's on-task behavior. Blocking schemes work well to keep them from specific sites and applications OR to allow them only on certain sites and applications. I can take a quick look and the thumbnails will very easily allow me to detect "off-task" computer activities. I can tell if they are doing something they shouldn't be doing (games, shopping, and watching video are easy to spot with a quick glance). Dyknow is an extremely valuable tool for a teacher in a 1:1 environment.

Vorteile: Most important functions for me are accessed quickly.
It's "Class Analytics" feature keeps a "history" of student activity while you are monitoring them, making it possible to go back later and see what they were doing...or not doing.

Nachteile: There are some features when using "Class Analytics" which have been a little "buggy" for me, such as clicking on one date in the past to see student activity (I have found a workaround on that one by clicking on an adjacent date.)
There are isolated cases when blocking that students have an issue using a program which is not being blocked. This gets into a more technical aspect than I can explain well and I am sure it can be rectified in the future. Could be the other applications which cause this for a small number of students.

von DyKnow an 20.3.2017

Hi John - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about using DyKnow Cloud! We're so glad to hear how beneficial it is to your classroom.

Class Analytics: If you double click a single date, you can view Analytics for only that day :)

Blocking: If you ever find an app or website that isn't being blocked as expected, please email support [at] dyknow [dot] com or use our in product chat feature, and we'll get to the bottom of it right away!

Great for monitoring, could be better when it comes to action

Anthony B.
6th Grade Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Works great for helping teachers monitor student behavior on chromebooks. The two main flaws that I have noticed are:
1) If a student downloads a chrome extension (many games are available this way), it does not show up on the monitoring screen, but rather says "Out of Browser". Teachers are unable to block these activities.
2) Teachers cannot take over individual student screens. The ability to take over an individual student's screen and click on the correct link (or links) for them would allow for redirection or assistance without hassle. This would also help alleviate the above issue, as it would allow teachers to manually "x out" gaming apps.
Other than these two issues, I enjoy using Dyknow and trauly believe that it holds students accountable for their actions on the Chromebook.

Vorteile: Holds students accountable, allows me to multitask.

Nachteile: No manual takeover, no way to combat gaming through web extensions

von DyKnow an 17.3.2017

Hi Anthony! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. As for the extensions on student devices, it's our best practice for the campus to prevent this at the Google Admin level. If that's not the case, an "Allow Only" plan with the websites your students should be using will prevent access to all extensions. Add "Web Browsers" as an application to your Allow Only plan. Thanks for the idea about taking "remote control" of student devices! We will share this with our Product Manager.

Here's a "how to" article for building an Allow Only blocking plan: https://support.dyknow.com/hc/en-us/articles/204065406

I love DyKnow!

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Loran P.
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has helped tremendously with classroom management. I am able to maintain rapport by not calling distracted students out to the entire class. It also allows me to see what my students are actually working on in real time during independent work time. That is huge! They can't just quickly minimize the video they were actually watching instead of working on their assignment. I wish I would have had DyKnow where I last worked. I don't know what I would do without it now!

Vorteile: I did not realize how great that DyKnow is until I started working where I do now. I don't have to wander about the room and have students quickly minimize the YouTube video they were watching instead of working on their assignment. I can block distracting activities and send a discreet message telling a student to get to work instead of making an announcement to the class that a specific student is distracted.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to make multiple segmented blocking groups. I want to be able to block everything from kids who are far too distracted and unblock some things for those students who are more intrinsically motivated.

Helpful, Functional, and Fun

Bewertet am 5.12.2017
Chelsea L.
English Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love that this software is easy to use and functional in the classroom. DyKnow truly has made a difference in my classroom. Not only is it helpful in monitoring and limiting computer use, but it also helps keep students engaged. The feature where you can poll the audience, check for understanding, and send the students to a certain website by opening it on the computer has really revolutionized the way I teach. It has also saved classroom time. Instead of waiting for students to type a URL, find a website, etc. I can just open it on their computer screen and not have any troubleshooting.

Nachteile: The hardest thing about this software is really just user error. I sometimes forget to end and start the monitoring each class period. I wish there was a way to set time parameters and have it automatically end and stop class periods according our bell schedule.

von DyKnow an 7.12.2017

Hi Chelsea! Thanks so much for leaving your kind feedback :) It's actually on our short term roadmap to release the ability to automatically monitor ;) We'll be in touch about that soon! -Abbey

DyKnow must be known by all teachers to hold students liable for every classroom activity!

Bewertet am 30.12.2018
Juvy M.
Grade 8 ELA Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Most of the teachers are having problems on monitoring the students' activities on their gadget and this software solves my classroom management issues on proper used of the iPad. I am no longer thinking whether my students are on-task or off-task because through this software every single action of the student on the gadget is monitored.

Vorteile: I was searching on the net of the perfect software that can help me strictly monitor the iPad activity of my students and then DyKnow came out. DyKnow is a very useful classroom management software because this innovation helps me to handle my class well in identifying every online activity of my students. This software monitors every single detail of every task that student is doing on their iPad and what particular applications they are doing - a very cool application and it empowers me because I can do multitasking. The feature that I like most about this software is that I can block and unblock each student's screen and I can takeover of what they can and cannot do on their gadget.

Nachteile: This software is the answer to my problem on how to strictly monitor on the use and abuse of using the technology. If this software is properly set-up, everything works perfectly. I have nothing to complain as far as the technical functionalities of the software are concerned. This software for me is excellent to make sure that technology used is properly implemented in my classroom.

Dyknow's been a huge help in a 1 to 1 setting as a teacher

Bewertet am 28.3.2018
Joshua F.

Kommentare: Accountability and Control of the digital classroom

Vorteile: This software enables you to completely and reliably monitor students, control their acess, record their activities, and provide accountability for online assessments. I don't know how I could teach in a 1 to 1 setting without dyknow or a program similar to it. Dyknow tames the internet and the tablet for learning in a classroom full of kids with tablets to actually occur. It also is fairly easy to set up and run with minimal effort on a day to day basis.

Nachteile: It's dependent on the internet connection, so students still can be sneaky in some ways if testing. Students can and will find ways around it or create headaches; although this is a minority of students. It's not perfect, but its the best thing I've found out there for all practical purposes, and it works well 95% of the time with 90% of students.

GREAT tool for student monitoring

Beth W.
teacher

Kommentare: DyKnow is a fantastic product for monitoring your students in real time! I LOVE the features of being able to instantly block students who are making inappropriate choices and messaging them to get them back on track. The blocking plans are also another wonderful feature to keep students focused on the task at hand. Overall, DyKnow is a wonderful tool and has become essential in my daily classroom activities. Highly recommended!

Vorteile: The ease of use & being able to message students/block students in real time

Nachteile: I wish that I was able to see all the tabs they had open instead of just the open screen... many of my students keep game or music tabs open, but I can't see them unless that is their active screen. I'd LOVE to be able to see all tabs!

von DyKnow an 17.3.2017

Hi Beth! Thank you so much for taking the time to share :) I'll mention your request to see all tabs to our Product Manager! In the mean time, if students navigate to one of those open tabs, not only will you see it in Activity Tracker and the thumbnail, but it will also make an appearance on the student's Analytics report :) That way if you happen to not see it in real time, there's still a record that it happened. Here's a "how to" article on Analytics: https://support.dyknow.com/hc/en-us/articles/215244648

Thanks again!

When it works, it is really good!

Jim S.
Teacher, Instructional Leader
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software actually delivers what it promises. The only negative experiences I've had have been server related, as in when the servers hosting DyKnow go down. There are some quirks, as with any software, but overall I'm satisfied with its reliability and performance. Kids figure out ways around it occasionally, but we have ways of thwarting them. I especially like the way I can quickly switch between blocking plans and have different students, or groups of students, on totally different plans. Some I want to lock down, others will control themselves! The messaging component is also another favorite feature.

Vorteile: Does what it says. Very responsive customer service. Flexibility with blocking and allowing sites and apps. Messaging component is a nice "Big Brother" touch.

Nachteile: Glitchy at times. Some students don't show up. Sometimes slow to work.

von DyKnow an 17.3.2017

Hi Jim - We appreciate you taking the time to share! We've been doing a lot of work on our servers to keep them in tip top shape, and continue to prioritize this work for our customers. If you ever find a student isn't showing up, please let us know by using our chat feature in the product, or by emailing support@dyknow.com with the student's name and time of day this happened. We'll get to the bottom of it right away!

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with dyknow over the years.

Bewertet am 7.5.2017
Josh F.
teacer

Kommentare: Accountability and less stress in classroom discipline

Vorteile: It's allowed me to better facilitate learning and accountability in the classroom. I love the diagnostic features which help me know which kids are on task or are not. Also, I enjoy that while students are being "monitored," I don't have to constantly monitor them, which has been my experience with other programs.

Nachteile: The only main issues I've had with Dyknow have more to do with connectivity and troubleshooting problems. These issues were handled in the IT department as opposed to the classroom. Those problems over the years have grown fewer and fewer as the product and as well as our school internet connections have developed.

von DyKnow an 20.9.2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Josh!

Do You KNOW what your students are doing?

Amy H.
8th Grade Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: DyKnow is a must have for any school that utilizes technology on a regular basis. Yes, it is important that teachers are up and walking around to check what students are doing, but students are VERY sneaky and they can often hide things with just a single swipe. With DyKnow, teachers have instant access to the student across the room or even the student in study hall who SHOULD be working on homework. I've even used it from home when I have a sub so my kids at school know I'm always watching. DyKnow helps students stay on task, and it is an essential tool in a 1:1 school like mine.

Vorteile: Teachers can instantly access one student's screen or the whole class's. I can also block or restrict certain sites. This is especially awesome when we are doing an online quiz. No Googling for answers!

Nachteile: Sometimes it lags and it makes it difficult to monitor. This is not the norm, however.

von DyKnow an 17.3.2017

Amy - thank you so much for taking the time to share! We appreciate it and are so glad to hear DyKnow is a valuable addition to your classroom :)

DyKnow Cloud is a Lifesaver

Sandra L.
Technology Integration Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As the DyKnow admin, I have to say that the ease of use in Cloud far exceeds the previous DyKnow Monitor. I am especially appreciative of your efforts to continually improve the product by taking the advice and suggestions from your customers. Your support team is attentive and knowledgeable and can answer questions in "English"--unlike some other IT support teams that I personally think make up big words to confuse the customer. : ) Thanks for all you do to keep us up and running.

Vorteile: Various ways you can monitor students--not just thumbnails. The Activity Trackers is a great addition. Segmented blocking was greatly appreciated too.

Nachteile: Of course some of our teachers still bemoan the loss of some of the "Vision" features.

von DyKnow an 20.3.2017

Thanks for the feedback, Sandra!! We love serving STM classrooms :)

Very Helpful

Todd B.
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used DyKnow in my classes for two years. I like that I am able to see my student's screens and monitor what they are doing. One drawback is that if the students set up a split screen, DyKnow can't see them both...only the first one. So students have found a way around monitoring. But....the teacher can limit the class to one or only a few sites easily. I like the product. I wish they would find a way around the split screen issue.

Vorteile: Can monitor students while the visit websites.

Nachteile: Students have found a way around monitoring by using split screens.

von DyKnow an 17.3.2017

Hi Todd, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. It sounds like the students may have two windows open side by side. Due to some limitations in Chrome OS, DyKnow shows the active window as you noted. However, when the students click into the secondary window, any blocking plan immediately takes place here, and that URl is now also documented in Analytics :) For more detailed info about this, feel free to use our in product chat feature, or email csm [at] dyknow [dot] com any time!

Great Way to Keep Your Students on Task

Christopher I.
Middle School Business/CTE Teacher

Kommentare: I have anxiously waited for and embraced this technology since day one. I am so happy that our school district realized the importance of have such a useful tool. One of my favorite aspects is the ability to be able to print which website students have been using or trying to use. I will take that information to a parent/teacher conference and the students never see it coming and the parents are usually shocked! It speaks for itself. One feature that I have recommended was one whereby a teacher could share their blocking plan with another teacher, content area, grade level, etc. Finally, I would like to see an easier way to "capture" a screen shot. Having to copy and paste into a Word document, then save it, can be tedious. Overall, the best thing that our district has ever invested in.

von DyKnow an 17.3.2017

Hi Christopher - Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your positive experiences with us :) We love hearing DyKnow has been a valuable addition to your classroom!

Thanks for the idea to share blocking plans between teachers, I have mentioned this to our Product Manager for a future enhancement!

One tip for you:
To save a screenshot, just right click and "Save as Picture". Here's a "how to" article: https://support.dyknow.com/hc/en-us/articles/215244778

Great easy-to-use product

Hollie N.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I teach middle school, and anytime my students are on their chromebooks, I use Dyknow. I know whenever they try to sneak away from our assignment to check their email, surf the web, or to do anything else. It's easy to use and very effective. I have stopped several fights due to emails popping up and me accidentally seeing what was about to happen... When a student strays from an assignment, I can easily send them a private message saying to get back to work. They then know I'm watching them, and very rarely do I ever have a kid commit a second offense. The program is very efficient and even teachers with very little technology experience can use it.

Vorteile: Easy, quick, and efficient to use.

Nachteile: Sometimes a few kids don't come up. If they don't come up, we can't keep an eye on what they're doing.

von DyKnow an 17.3.2017

Hi Hollie - we really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you! I'm so glad to hear DyKnow is valuable to your classroom :) Any time a student doesn't appear in your class, a great first step is to ask the student to restart their device. Also, please feel free to email support [at] dyknow [dot] com with the name of the student, and our team in Indianapolis will take a look right away!

Dyknow - This changes everything

Eric A.
Teacher

Kommentare: This software enables users to monitor the activities of students on their computers. Before Dyknow we had to situate monitors facing a teacher desk or constantly move around the room to check on what students are doing. This made small group instruction nearly impossible!! Now we can monitor in real time from one screen and check history if questions arise. Dyknow will also allow me to send messages to select students or the entire group so now I don't have to speak across the class to ask for small flexible groups to come and meet. A simple silent message to targeted students is all that is needed. My voicebox thanks you! I can also send out a link when it is time to move on to new instruction and the computers will go there directly instead of me needing to walk around and fix everyone's link or find their bookmarks. I can also block sites that students keep going to everytime I turn my back. You can even make groups of students with certain websites allowed or blocked. That means trustworthy student might be able to access sites like you tube when other students are blocked. It's a great investment.

Vorteile: It does so so much to help me manage the computers in class in a way that enables me to multi-task.

Nachteile: It can get slow and crashes more often than I would desire.

von DyKnow an 17.3.2017

Hi Eric - You're a true power user! You hit on so many of our features, we're so glad to hear you're getting the most of DyKnow and it's valuable to your classroom. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are constantly striving to continue improving the performance of DyKnow Cloud, and you have our commitment that performance and reliability are our #1 priorities!

Essential tool for a 1-to-1 classroom

Emily S.

Kommentare: We've been using DyKnow in some form since 2010, and it has proven to be a huge help in managing distractions. The newer Cloud version is easy to use on the teacher side--it's highly intuitive and has a simple UI. I primarily use an "Allow Only" plan, which lets students access a preset list of sites and apps that we regularly use in class, but it's quick and easy to edit the blocking plan you're using (where you get the option of making a change only for the current session, or save it as a permanent change), switch to a "Block Only" plan, or just release the students from blocking entirely and block sites/apps on the fly if you need to. A few things I've appreciated:
- Segmented blocking - This is especially useful when students are working in groups, taking tests (students who finish can be released to a different blocking plan), or when a student is absent but happens to be using their laptop during class.
- Timed blocking - This is awesome for those of us who sometimes forget to release the students when class ends...
- The activity tracker - An easy way to know at a glance what the students are doing.
- Adding apps - DyKnow customer support has been really quick to respond when an app isn't in their database--I can't think of a time when I had to wait longer than a day for them to act on a request.
One feature I miss from the old desktop version is the chat feature, which I used to use to allow students to ask questions during tests. Cloud does have tools for teachers to send out messages and multiple choice/true-false/yes-no questions, but doesn't (yet?) have a way for students to ask their own questions. The ability to push documents to students was nice too, but we have other tools for that now, so I don't really miss it.

von DyKnow an 20.3.2017

Hi Emily - WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such detailed feedback on how you use DyKnow in your classroom. We appreciate it!

Efficacy in Honors Science

Bewertet am 18.3.2017
Corban W.
High school chemistry teacher
Schreiben & Editieren, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've found that this software is a very simple and effective way to limit distraction in the classroom. The black and white data shows, without bias, whether the student was engaged with the content or choosing to wander the internet. This software is helpful in gaining an understanding of a student's pattern in classroom behavior, leading to conversations between students, parents, and educators concerning what may be best for their child's success.

Vorteile: The ability to track history over specific ranges of time; the past 6 months, the past year, since the beginning of class, in the past week, etc.

Nachteile: Unlocking a student's screen can sometimes be more difficult than it should be.

von DyKnow an 18.3.2017

Hi Corban - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about DyKnow Cloud! We're so glad to hear you find our Analytics to be valuable in your classroom. We'd love to hear how you might improve our "unlock" feature - please use the in product chat or email csm [at] dyknow [dot] com anytime to share with our Product Manager!

Really Good, Could be Great

Justin T.
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The product is really easy to use. Very intuitive and visual. There are a couple of features I wish it had. The questions sections could use the ability to organize it into units or themes. I would like the ability to send messages to students from the class view, instead of having to go to the specific student view first. Also, the program is a little slow to respond and load. That could be improved. Overall this is a really good program and I use it often for a variety of things.

Vorteile: Easy to use.

Nachteile: Slow to respond and load.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for taking the time to share! To send a message to all students from your Class view, check out the Bell icon on the right side of your screen. When you click this icon and select "Send a Message," you can select "Select all Students" and send your message with one click! Here's a How To article with screen shots: https://support.dyknow.com/hc/en-us/articles/217202737

We definitely like the idea of organizing your questions, and will share this with our Product Manager!

We're also constantly continuing to improve the speed with which DyKnow is delivered to you :)

Thanks again!

Well worth the money

Corabn W.
Chemistry Teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: DyKnow allows for behavior and engagement to be managed in a very gentle manner. This eliminates arguments and struggles for power that ever might occur; great tool.

Vorteile: The ability to pull up usage data for individual students over specific ranges of time is nice.

Nachteile: The blocking is sometimes too general or too difficult to remove. A simple feature is made complicated.

von DyKnow an 20.3.2017

Hi Corabn! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback :) Here's a trick: If you copy the URL you want to send to students, you can paste it into an Unlocked Message and click "Send" - this will launch the website on each student's Chromebook!

We'd love to hear more about how you'd simplify blocking. Please chat us in the product or email csm [at] dyknow [dot] com any time!

DyKnow is perfect for my Alternative Classroom as a tool to stay on task.

Bewertet am 23.3.2017
David H.
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My expereince with DyKnow has been all positive. During my day Students are often online as well as wroking in the classroom. DyKnow is the tool that has allowed me to manage multiple classes at teh same time. With DyKnow I am able to hold classroom discussions while at the same time monitor other students working online and keep them on task. DyKnow is the product that facilitates my teaching experience. I cannot imagine not have it available. A great tool that is customizeable to the individual teacher.

Vorteile: Ease of use.

Nachteile: Dependent on internet connectivity.

von DyKnow an 23.3.2017

Thanks so much for sharing, David! We're so proud to be part of your classroom and teacher workflow :)

Helpful to Focus

Christina B.
ELL teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have enjoyed using DyKnow in my classroom. It helps me keep my students focused and on track with what we have to do for the day. It is easy to block and unblock websites and apps as I need to. I like having the message feature that allows me to send individual messages to students as they are doing their work. I also like the feature of being able to see my students' computer screens all on my computer. It helps me know if they are having trouble with something in their work.

Vorteile: I can block unnecessary apps and websites during class.

Nachteile: I seem to have a lot of problems with it just loading. It also blocks some apps even when I have them listed under the allow only tab.

von DyKnow an 17.3.2017

Hi Christina! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. When you get a chance, we'd love to help you with your blocking plans. Please email support [at] dyknow [dot] com or use our in product chat feature! :)

DyKnow Teacher User

Bewertet am 13.9.2018
Corban E.
Chemistry Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is useful.

Vorteile: The ability to save setttings is really helpful. I am able to monitor any site my students access and keep them on task without having to walk around the room.

Nachteile: It’s very strange to me that a student can’t be monitored by more than one teacher. It makes the software freak out. It seems like DyKnow should boast about its depth and processin power.

von DyKnow an 20.9.2018

Hi Corban, thank you for reviewing DyKnow! DyKnow does allow up to 2 teachers to monitor a class at once. You can find more information on how to co-teach a class with DyKnow here: https://support.dyknow.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004221187-DyKnow-Cloud-Add-a-Co-Teacher

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

-Rachel

Love being able to monitor my students during class!

Agatha B.
Department Chair
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My school has an account for all freshmen and sophomores because we started a chromebook program. I love being able to block certain sites or allowing only the sites I want to use during that class period. It does freeze sometimes and I have to restart but that's the only problem I've had. I really love it! I wish we had accounts for the seniors and juniors too!

Vorteile: Ability to block sites
Ability to allow only certain sites
Ability to see student activity in real time
Reports of student usage

Nachteile: Sometimes freezes

von DyKnow an 20.3.2017

Hi Agatha - Thanks so much for taking the time to share! We love hearing how DyKnow is helping your classroom :) If you run into a specific event when the product freezes, please email support [at] dyknow [dot] com and we'd be happy to look into it!

DyKnow Review and Appeal

Sharon G.
English Teacher/Department Co-Chair
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really enjoy the functionality and features of DyKnow Cloud but still miss DyKnow Vision greatly. I loved the interactive nature of the program and my ability to control certain aspects of teaching/presentation/assessing. DyKnow Vision was a 5-star tool; DyKnow Cloud/Monitor is more a 3 or 4-star program--largely because it doesn't transform instruction the way the the other tool did.

Vorteile: The ability to keep my students focused and free from distraction; also the ability to share screens/student work with other students.

Nachteile: Sometimes I get frustrated with waiting for the bubbles to "explode"--a problem I did not have with DyKnow Vision--and I greatly miss the features DyKnow Vision provided for guided and interactive learning.

von DyKnow an 17.3.2017

Hi Sharon - Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback on DyKnow! We appreciate how much you loved Vision :) Microsoft OneNote is a really awesome program to replace Vision with almost an identical feature set!

Classroom lecture management made easy

Bewertet am 23.8.2018
Summer Intern
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Technology can either be a distraction in a classroom if students are using them in non-productive ways, yet they can be a boon if they can be used properly in a classroom setting. Dyknow is a tool that helps point tech in the classroom towards the latter, more helpful outcome. It provides many useful tools for monitoring students, delivering lectures, and student engagement. Since Dyknow is cross-platform, it can be deployed on school computers as well as a variety of personal devices owned by students.

Nachteile: Students will try their hardest to work around Dyknow monitoring. In environments where students have Dyknow installed on their computer, reliability can be spotty, cutting into class time while trying to diagnose certain problems.