GoCodes Asset Management Bewertungen

von GoCodes

Über GoCodes Asset Management

Das Unternehmen bietet eine umfassende IT-Asset- und Inventarverfolgungslösung, die die Leistung von Smartphones, QR-Codes und Cloud-Software nutzt.

Erfahre mehr über GoCodes Asset Management

Michael G.
Hire an iPad - Phone +353 86 2239 678
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.1.2019

"Managing iPads"

Kommentare: I am a repeat purchaser and its a reasonably priced product that gives a lot of functionality for the price.

Vorteile: The online activation and tracking is excellent. I have a rental business and checking assets in and out is quick and simple compared to the time consuming manual way I did it before. Simple to add new assets once you get the hang of it,

Nachteile: I cannot really figure out the depreciation reports but thats not why I bought the tags so it does not matter to me. Would be nice to have a feature to add multiple activations where say only the serial number of the asset needed changing.

von GoCodes an 23.1.2019

Hello Michael, thanks for providing your feedback. We would be happy to explain how our IRS GAAP deprecation reports work is needed. Also, did you know that there are three ways to add lots of assets quickly. There is a scan and copy feature, mass update feature and an upload. These three should really help you with data entry for new assets. As always call or email for additional assistance.

• Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Tom D.
Sole Proprietor/Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 13.1.2019

"Held my inventory list hostage"

Kommentare: As a small Photographer in DC we didn't find ourselves needing to use it every day or in some cases every month. Therefore we simply wanted to use it when and as needed. Sadly the team had no interest in helping us when we needed the files. We had started to use them very early on when you could create your own asset tags - we had ordered a bunch of them and it took us a long time and we still haven't even gotten to use them all however the GoCodes teams wouldn't let us use them or even refund us just because we didn't really meet their client model.

Vorteile: The concept of it is great, However for us it just seemed like they didn't have services for the little guy

Nachteile: wasn't friendly to the small business owner

von GoCodes an 23.1.2019

Hello Tom, sorry to hear that things did not go as planned. As a GoCodes customer, you can view and download your asset data at any time. We always make it available to you from your online account. If you contact us with more information we can work to resolve any issue you had with our services.

• Bewertet am 13.1.2019
Ruth D.
Project Management
Unternehmensberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.1.2019

"stock overview"

Kommentare: Great thing. Happy what we have reached on automazation so far (using the customized fields for our specific needs). And very happy that the alert on minimum quantities was introduced so fast. Looking forward to more improvements.

Vorteile: Easy check-in/out,
automated emails when low quantity is reached,
ability to draw inventory/order list

Nachteile: reports need to be formatted to excel each time manually. I also need to delete many fields each time manually. Would be great if I could create a template of my customized report and would have it on one click in future.
I also calculate order quantity minus stock quantity (enter formula in excel) each time I prepare material order. would be great to have this report automated.
Why can I scan codes without logging in? was confusing until I found out (why it was that I was asked if it was my item). I guess there is a reason but does it make sence to be on first level?
Your format of labels are only available in US as far as I know...

von GoCodes an 30.1.2019

Hello Ruth, thanks for the review and glad to hear you like using GoCodes. Did you know we have an optional reporting module that would allow you to design and save custom reports charts and dashboards?

• Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Kelly H.
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

"Great Tool to have"

Kommentare: we have yet to lose any equipment with GoCodes, the reporting is very easy, just overall a great piece to add to your company's arsenal..

Vorteile: the ease of usage, very user friendly and customization was what I think the selling point for us.

Nachteile: so far I have not found any part that I do not like

von GoCodes an 6.11.2019

Glad to hear that you think GoCodes is a great tool to have, and that you specifically like the ease of use and customization features.

Joshua K.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.1.2019

"Great for Small Businesses"

Kommentare: Prior to using GoCodes, I attached pre-printed numeric SKUs to my inventory. This was an issue for times when my business received a high volume of orders in one day because some numbers look alike and can be confusing. GoCodes has simplified everything by using QR technology.

Vorteile: GoCodes makes tracking inventory super easy by assigning a unique QR-code to each item. This helps my business particularly in making sure that we are not picking and shipping wrong items for our orders.

Nachteile: Overall, I am disappointed that the lowest priced plan includes only 200 allowed SKUs. If you want to go to the next package which allows for 500 SKUs, you’ll pay three times the monthly rate of the base plan.

von GoCodes an 15.1.2019

Hello Joshua, thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that you think GoCodes is great for small businesses. On the topic of price, you are correct but also bear in mind that competing systems often cost 2-3x more than GoCodes and provide very little of any additional value for most customers.

Andrey S.
Network Administrator
Lagerung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.10.2019

"Pretty good asset tracking"

Vorteile: What I liked the most about the software was the qr codes that we could place on our assets. Being able to just quickly scan the code and see the info of the device and where its located at is very useful.

Nachteile: The thing I liked least about this software was that it kind of has an out of date feel to it on the site. Seems like it could use an update to its interface. Clicking on an asset I wish it wouldn't take you to a whole other page but would show you a preview with a few options and give you an option for full detailed view.

von GoCodes an 4.11.2019

Hello Andrey, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes.Did you know re released GoCodes 2.0 earlier this year with an industry leading UI and user experience. We also just added as asset preview feature to our mobile apps in October and are adding a preview feature to the web software this month.

Denise O.
CFO/COO
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.11.2019

"DOD Go Codes Review"

Kommentare: It is a good product for a good price but we cannot afford to jump up in cost for the additional assets but we like what we have.

Vorteile: The User Interface is easy to use and easy to train others on how to use.

Nachteile: We find that sometimes we make updates via the mobile app and they d not always go all the way through on all of our devices.

von GoCodes an 14.11.2019

Hello Denise, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes.Glad you like what you have.

• Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Lee S.
  • Bewertet am 8.11.2019

"Best way to track your Equipment "

Vorteile: What is great about GoCodes is that you can look up any piece of equipment and see who has used the equipment and where it is located at last scan.

Nachteile: Con is its only as good as the employees using it, or really not using it.

von GoCodes an 11.11.2019

Hi Lee, thanks for your review and for rating GoCodes 9/10 to recommend to others.

• Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Nick P.
Supervisor
Hausmeisterservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"Good Experience"

Kommentare: Helps us better track all our equipment. Definitely a solution that we see working.

Vorteile: Very simple to use. The app is very easy to use and haven't had any complaints about it not working. Pinpoints the location almost spot on.

Nachteile: Not really any complaints. Website did crash on me once, but nothing that's uncommon. Wish there was a way that we could get more heavy duty QR codes.

von GoCodes an 6.11.2019

Hi Nick, thanks for the positive review. We're glad you find GoCodes very easy to use. Did you know we offer rugged QR code tags too. We will have a representative call you to see what you need or you can email sales@gocodes.com to upgrade the tags for your account.

Cindy K.
Office Mgr. Adminstration
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"Good"

Kommentare: Tracking of vehicles and trailers for our company

Vorteile: Simple to use on Ipad. Easy to check vehicles in and out and know where they are

Nachteile: haven't found anything I don't like at this time. Need a place to enter mileage and service work

von GoCodes an 8.11.2019

Hi Cindy, thanks for the awesome review. You mentioned wanted to track service work, we have a data field called Service Notes to track service history information for equipment. You also mentioned wanting to track Mileage, did you know you can add a custom field for that as well. If you need assistance, just email or call us on 1 800 513 5778, or sales@gocodes.com

Joshua A.
Safety Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.7.2019

"Tools and Safety Equipment Inventory"

Kommentare: Amazing! We will continue to use Go Codes for all of our inventory, and fleet, needs. It has saved us so much time looking for tools and shortages. And time is money!

Vorteile: Go Codes is extremely User Friendly. Anyone with a basic knowledge of computers and/or smart phones can easily learn how to utilize the entire system in just a couple of hours. The features of this product are simple enough that I can easily manipulate menus, change information, update photos and change descriptions. we have used it for all of our tools, safety equipment and Fleet Vehicles.

Nachteile: The only feature I wish I had, is the ability to create "kits". For example; if we issue a tool kit to a carpenter, we have to add each tool to Go Codes and then add a key word that will allow us to easily find each tool for that particular kit, without having to spend a lot of time searching. Adding a "kit" feature will allow us to add entire kits, with an attached inventory sheet listing each tool in that particular kit. So, if one carpenter is issued "Kit 1", all I have to do is search "Kit 1" and each tool will populate under that one kit.

von GoCodes an 19.7.2019

Hello Joshua, thanks for the great review. We're glad your seeing the benefits of using GoCodes to track and manage your tools and equipment.

• Bewertet am 15.7.2019
Sam F.
Educational Facilitator (I also manage the inventory)
  • Bewertet am 8.7.2019

"Excellent inventory system"

Kommentare: We needed to keep track of teaching resources that were being distributed across 13 communities. This tool was very helpful in keeping track of exactly what was allocated to each location, and thus helpful later on when we double checked the inventory and then did some reallocation. Rather than going through a list of items and checking each one off as you find it, we could simply scan everything , modify a field (status or notes), and then filter on the website to see if anything was missed. Super simple and it saved a lot of time.

Vorteile: • The app. Its simple and yet does everything I want. I can easily do inventory in bulk and update everything at once. Changing only one field will make sure everything else stays the same • The website filters. As long as your assets are properly named and consistent, the filters on the website make it super simple to filter exactly what you want.

Nachteile: • The website. It has definitely improved with the recent update that keeps your field settings between logins. What I'd like to see though (and maybe I'm just missing something) is a way to bulk update asset info on the website. The quickest method is to have the website open, filter for what I want, and then go down the left side and click on the QR code icon next to each line while my phone is pointing at the screen to capture it. While its a decent work around, it would be nice to just select a bunch of items and update them, all from within the website.

von GoCodes an 12.7.2019

Hello Sam, thanks for the positive review. You make a good suggestion regarding making multiple updates at once and we will look to implement a more efficient approach in our next upgrade cycle.

• Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Delivery & Mastering Coordinator
Unterhaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.1.2019

"Meets Expectations"

Kommentare: For what we pay, and as a bare minimum of our needs it meets the bar. While there is certainly room for improvement, it is still a valuable resource and database that was created with a good amount of thought and effort.

Vorteile: When it comes to meeting expectation for creating a database for physical assets, GoCodes does an excellent job at that. The app is very easy to use, it makes it easy in check things in/out as well adding photos and creating fields. There's minimal lag time between holding a camera over the code and it recognizing and reading it. The sites search functionality works great as well, I'm able to search and it will find those keywords within any of the fields available for an asset. This makes it easier to use a secondary way to reference an asset

Nachteile: A bit archaic. The site could definitely use a facelift that aligns more with 2018/19. It would be nice to create secondary databases, for example where I can just search once specific type of asset and see if something is checked in or not. It would also be nice to be able to create customizable views and dashboards that I can share internally with other departments who may be affected by the status of a specific asset

von GoCodes an 15.1.2019

Thanks for the review and detailed feedback. You will be pleased to hear that GoCodes 2.0 is coming in Q1 2019 and will be a complete modern overhaul of the web based UI and user experience.

• Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Goran G.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2018

"Great beginning software "

Kommentare: Overall I am happy with GoCodes, it has made it much easier to know where everything is and what we have which has led to a decrease in unnecessary buying of things we already own. This has led to a decrease in the amount of storage space needed at the shop.
There could be minor improvements as I mentioned above, and there should be an option to add more assets without upgrading the account to a much higher paid bracket with extra features. For our purposes the basic version works great but we are getting close to our Asset allowance. Id like to see asset increment upgrades available at a fair cost to the consumer.

Vorteile: Quick loading time when entering bar codes. Easy to use and enter data on the app. Reports available on the website to easily see the "big picture" of where everything is located.

Nachteile: - Scrolling down to find an empty asset in order to create a new item. I wish there was a button to open a new Asset form to start filling out.
-Sometimes when searching for a bar code, it shows other results of equipment containing the same numbers.
- Reports on Excel show too many fields, most of which are not in use for my purposes and it can't be set to not show them when opening the reports so they must be manually deleted.

von GoCodes an 24.8.2018

Hello Goran, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. You provided some great comments and suggestions.

For adding new assets, we will look at adding a button to update the first available blank asset.

For searching, did you know you can also filter on multiple columns to get the desired list.

For reports, you can use the Grid View to create a custom view with just the columns you need in the order you want and then download in Excel.

We would be happy to help you with these tasks by phone or email support@gocodes.com

• Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Simon P.
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Review from Norway"

Kommentare: GoCodes is a great management system and very easy to use. I would how ever pay more for a better product. There are a few things that don't work as one would wish. for example different time zones don't work. export to excel does not work. There are a few more features that would make it better and i would pay more for.

Vorteile: i can see were may assets are on a map. and see all assets info on my mobile or pc.

Nachteile: I would like to be able to personalize my account more to our market, I would like to be able to print off of see my assets in Excel, and also with my own Custom Fields, (not possible for me although they say it is) . The date and time zone is a bit problem for us to know when the asset whats installed or purchased 02/04/16 means the 02 of april for us in norway but for gocodes it means 04 of febuary. so this is a feature we cannot use correctly

von GoCodes an 2.11.2016

Thanks for the review.
It's possible to export to Excel, there are sometimes some Excel settings which need to be updated for use outside USA/UK. Contact us directly and we can help with this. We are working on adding the local time zone feature.

Karen E.
Administrator
  • Bewertet am 25.1.2019

"Protect your assets by tracking"

Kommentare: Very good. Very thorough. It’s a great til to help you keep track of the so many parts of a world of assets.

Vorteile: Ease of set up and support. We misunderstood a few things at the beginning but support was so helpful in helping us. Great customer service.

Nachteile: For our purposes we needed some additional equipment to erect it’s use. But we operated fine manually with this until we set up an electronic process.

von GoCodes an 18.3.2019

Hi Karen, thanks for your review.. We were a bit confused about your overall rating vs. likelihood to recommend? If you can explain further we would be pleased to assist you.

Allison I.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.10.2016

"Saves us money and helps avoid conflict!"

Kommentare: We use this software for rental items, and while it only allows us to keep one picture, and does not yet provide notifications to admin on check-in and check-outs (assignments), it has helped the warehouses and customer service team IMMENSELY in communication about the items, and our customers find it hard to wiggle out of paying for lost items that are clearly scanned out to them and not returned. We use the mapping too, to see if an item is in one or the other warehouse. Overall, this has been a great investment in a tool that help us, and continues to improve as we grow as well! thanks GoCodes!

Vorteile: The images, custom fields, app tools, and location services.

Nachteile: No email to admin on assignment and unassignment

von GoCodes an 2.11.2016

Thanks for the review.
We are evaluating adding asset assignment notifications as a new feature.

• Bewertet am 26.10.2016
Franklin K.
EMS Supervisor
  • Bewertet am 21.8.2018

"Great inventory system for static assets"

Kommentare: This has helped our business so much with keeping track of equipment and so many other assets. We go code our lock boxes, ladders, vacuums and almost anything we don’t want to lose. The GPS feature is so helpful.

Vorteile: The ease of putting a sticker in the asset. The ease of scanning the asset. The ability to scan multiple assets

Nachteile: The scanner doesn’t always work. Having to manually put in all of the info for each asset into the system

von GoCodes an 23.8.2018

Hello Franklin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

Sorry to hear you have had an issue with the scanner. We would love to hear more about how that happened so we can track it down and fix the issue.

Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact support@gocodes.com

Tamlin L.
Office Assistant
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.8.2018

"Easy Check In and Check Out"

Kommentare: We love the bulk discount and the kind attention from Todd Penny. He's the best!

Vorteile: We love how easy it is to scan an item in and out of the department. It's FAST and easy. The Faculty love it and the students find it easy too. No more hassles!

Nachteile: It does take some time to put all the info for each item into the GoCode system, but it would be that way with any system.

von GoCodes an 23.8.2018

Hello Tamlin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use check in and out features!

For data entry, have you tried the Update All feature in the mobile apps that will make it very fast for entering lots of near identical assets? We also offer an optional data upload service using an Excel spreadsheet which can really help in that area.

Jackie K.
  • Bewertet am 22.1.2019

"GoCodes Review"

Kommentare: IWe have had a good experience with GoCodes, it seems very easy to use from both the mobile and web platforms.

Vorteile: I like the ability to print our asset list by location so we can always have our foreman verify the assets on their job.

Nachteile: I think there are too many options to list for each asset, it should be kept more simple.

von GoCodes an 23.1.2019

Hello Jackie, thanks for the great feedback. I wanted to let you know that you can remove the asset options by hiding unused datafields. Let us know if you need assistance with setting that up.

• Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Christopher R.
Program Manager
  • Bewertet am 11.10.2017

"Great problem wish it had a few more features for actually filtering through equipment and such"

Kommentare: Equipment accountability is very important for what we do. I have found that we can use it for anything within our warehouse to keep track and make people accountable. Very happy with this.

Vorteile: Great GPS tracking and map locator
App is great and easy to use
Easy to train people to use the program. I have this to be nice.
Effective for its use.

Nachteile: The reports that are produced seem to be a little outdated. A better version of the report or a better template would make it much easier to read.
Filtering through equipment is not the best and needs some sort of update

von GoCodes an 14.10.2017

Hi Christopher, thanks for sharing your feedback on GoCodes. You mentioned the filtering and we can help. There are comprehensive features for filtering and grouping asset data using the grid sub-menu. We would be pleased to demonstrate this to you if that would help.

• Bewertet am 11.10.2017
Nick A.
Shop manager / project manager

"Decent product"

Kommentare: Overall works well does what I need and what I expected. Won’t say it exceeds my expectations but is a decent asset management tool

Vorteile: Maintenance of our equiptment tool very helpful. Monitoring where it was last scanned

Nachteile: It’s tough to scan in limited light. And the scan sticker has a tough time staying on our often used landscape equiptment

von GoCodes an 19.3.2019

Hello Nick, good to hear your feedback that GoCodes was very helpful. You mentioned scanning in low light and did you know that you can turn on your smartphone light to solve that issue. Also you mentioned the labels. We offer a range of tougher materials like metal foil and metal tags which may be better suited to your project.

Frank L.
Technology Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"GO CODES almost there"

Kommentare: Overall, Go Codes is a much better system then our homemade inventory practices

Vorteile: We needed an easier way to track our inventory and GO Codes works great in that way. With the ability to scan tags and to add custom fields, Go Codes is a great value.

Nachteile: Being a school district we often have large quantities of equipment arriving at once. It's a little clumsy to maneuver while scanning large numbers of devices. I have a great vendor who sends me a list of serial numbers and inventory numbers so we can just add them without scanning. I would LOVE to be able to import all these but it can only be done by Go Codes doing it for a $$$. This is a major deal for me. Adding the ability for customers to upload into the system is a must for me.

von GoCodes an 15.1.2019

Hello Frank, thanks for your review. Our product team is looking at ways to make it easier and safer for customers to upload bulk data. To date we have provided this as a service as small user errors can easily result in data corruption and loss.

Keri H.
Technology Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.8.2018

"Small School - works great!"

Kommentare: LOVE - it has saved me so much work!

Vorteile: We can download an inventory and see all the assets immediately. It's great - especially for state reporting!

Nachteile: I want it to be more mobile - easier to use from a phone.

von GoCodes an 23.8.2018

Hello Kari, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad it works so well for state reporting.

We would love to hear your ideas for how we can improve the mobile app to make it easier to use, please email or call us with your suggestions.

Karen E.
Grad Student Asst Cinema Arts

"Track and Protect"

Kommentare: We check out alot of equipment and GoCodes has been a lifesaver in tracking and marking our stock against theft and loss. Highly recommend it.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Very thorough instruction and customer service on initial roll-out.

Nachteile: The initial rollout is a bit awkward and you really do need team as you recommend to get your arms around all the pieces.