Über Cision

Ermöglicht Nutzern das Durchsuchen von Medien, das Erstellen von Medienlisten, das Überwachen der Abdeckung und das Analysieren von Ergebnissen.

Erfahre mehr über Cision

The HARO subscription that comes with this product is incredibly handy. The contact database is useful, especially when I was trying to find blogs willing to review a new product.

Sometimes connecting with your Cision rep is difficult and takes time. Their social media coverage needs some work but they have made strides.

Bewertungen zu Cision

3,7
3,8
3,9
3,5

Cision hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 89 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Cision bereits verwendet?

Heather
Heather
Director Of Communications in USA
Unterhaltungselektronik, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

One stop shop for PR professionals

Kommentare: Use it as a daily tool for media and influencer outreach.

You get contact info from journalist that you wouldn't be able to find online. And they all have opted in. Great search tool to find new outlets and great monitoring service.

Expensive software but you are purchasing a lot of contact information. Great if you have a big PR initiative, otherwise it's hard to validate the expense

Scott
Vice President in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

No longer the industry leader for media research

Kommentare: Every serious agency needs a media research tool in order to build and execute media relations campaigns; we're no exception. Media research is largely the only thing we've used from Cision. Our team has become disillusioned with how difficult it has become to create meaningful media lists. So much so that we're likely to transition away from Cision when our contract expires.

Cision has always been the gold standard for media research. The robust platform boasted hundreds of updates daily, and the media list output has been largely reliable.

Unfortunately, Cision either suffers from poor leadership, poor vision, a lack of care for its customers, or some combination of all the above. Aside from the fact that the results are no longer as reliable as they used to be, each and every update to the user interface has made the platform worse. The UX is not intuitive or easy to use. The customer service is not remarkable in any way. The technical support is a bit of a disaster.

Lea
Director, Marketing Communications
, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good if you're on a budget, but...

Kommentare: I'm so disappointed with all of the people I've encountered at Cision over the past 18 months.

This is a great affordable solution for those monitoring their media (and social media) mentions and you're on a budget.

1. The interface is clunky 2. Sometimes they miss monitoring sites that may be firewall/subscription protected 3. Customer services isn't the best - you are dependent on Cision to change the keywords you're monitoring for vs having the freedom to do it yourself. 4. Training was not clear. We went through it several times, and never received the same guidance. Very confusing. And when there were changes mid-subscription, it took a week to get our new updates implemented and support to use the newer interact. 5. When renewing our service, our sales rep made promises on the phone and discussed price with us. We received a contract a week later with 5 days to sign and return it OR they threatened to increase our price by 5-7%! Completely unacceptable, as we have had a relationship with Cision for years! Our company has a process to sign a contract, and it's definitely longer than 5 days!

Corey
Corey
Director of Strategic Communications in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Keeps Us Current!

Kommentare: Has really improved as our media presence has grown and have no reason to switch to another provider.

Cision allows us to know every time we are mentioned in the media, which gives us the opportunity to not only track where we are and what is said about us, but also share that media with our followers on social platforms. Cision is also crucial in our media outreach, especially when contacting local media where we may not have regular contacts.

A lot of the searches, you need help with their client relations folks, who are amazing, but it's an extra step we don't always have time for.

Bruce
Bruce
Sales & Marketing Manager in Schweiz
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

An integral tool for social media marketing

Kommentare: We have an opinion that this service is a great solution for social media marketing. It can help you to build new contacts, make researches and communicate with clients. Moreover, it is easy to use, so you need to try it for sure.

There is no doubt that Cision is a perfect tool for marketing. This service offers the easiest way to find a particular influencer. With a help of a special menu, you can choose a precise category and choose a proper category in order to get an exact outcome. Moreover, it offers to pick up a theme or a location in order to find a person that is connected with the same informational field as you do. Cision is a great service for social media marketing. It has a solid database, flexible and user-friendly interface and many useful tools for marketing. With its assistance, you can turn into reality different marketing strategies within a second.

Unfortunately, Cision isn’t perfect. An automated search doesn’t work properly, so you to rely only on your personal research. Despite the fact that Cision has a profound database, it still lacks the data itself. Sometimes, their researches can be a little bit slow and there is no chance to find a particular person that you really want to find. Moreover, if you don’t know the right name of the influencer, you won’t find him or her at all.

VP Brand Strategy in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Quality of information gathering seems to have gone down

Kommentare: We use Cision to monitor media mentions and for their media database

I've used Cision on and off throughout my (long) career. It has always been 'on top of things'. I always felt it was innovative and did a good job of gathering media data.

I've found that the database isn't as user friendly as some of the other databases that are out there. I also have a subscription to a competitor and have found that Cision does not pull in the same articles as this competitor.

Christine
Christine
Associate Publicist; Crown, Hogarth, and Random House in USA
Verlagswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

A publicist's dream - perfect for researching media contacts

Kommentare: We use Cision for all of our pitching needs, and it's an invaluable tool for us. I've built lists for specific media campaigns using Cision's "covering..." function, and found niche outlets that I wouldn't have otherwise found. Overall, Cision is a great one-stop for most publicity needs.

I love how easy it is to look up an outlet and find the correct contact to reach out to with a particular pitch. It's also extremely easy to look up outlet circulations, which we research all of the time in order to maximize visibility. Cision is normally pretty up-to-date with different outlets, which is impressive in a constantly shifting media landscape.

Sometimes the search requirements can be a little too specific, and an outlet has to be typed in a very specific way to appear (i.e. with or without "the" in front, etc.) It'd be great if there were suggested terms, similar to Google, so that if you don't know the exact spelling of a last name you could still track down the contact.

, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Quick, easy to use, impactful

As a PR professional, Cision is vital to me. I use it everyday and it can be a huge help in identifying targets across the globe. They are always updating the platform and making it easy to save and search lists.

I don't like how when you use the quick search, having the right spacing of the publication name is important to finding the publication. Additionally, cision will sometimes kick you out of the platform while you are working on lists and those lists wont get saved and you have to start all over. The look and feel of the platform is a little outdated and could use a refresh.

Alex
Alex
Vice President in USA
internationale Angelegenheiten, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great database and ability to filter contacts

Kommentare: Powerful list building and monitoring capabilities

Cision put monitoring, and outreach together in one platform and made it easy to build media lists of relevant contacts

I was using an older version of Cision (CisionPoint) which was very slow, but this appears to have been fixed in the new cloud platform. Not intuitive or easy to fix search terms (again I think this has been updated)

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Solid, Basic Monitoring Software

Kommentare: Overall, Cision is an imperfect but very necessary tool for anyone in the PR and communications field.

Cision allows us to track the online conversation surrounding a certain topic, and allows us to keep a pulse on how our company and products are being discussed.

Sentiment is an issue. Cision automatically grades content as positive, negative, or neutral, but it is FAR from a perfect process. Often times, certain trigger words result in something being graded a certain way, but the context is not interpreted. For instance, a headline may read "XYZ platform prevents bad customer experiences" but because the Cision software sees "bad customer experiences" it is automatically graded as a negative sentiment, despite being positive. This creates a decent amount of manual effort to sort through all content.

Eli
Sr. Comms Associate in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great features

Kommentare: Constantly improving experience for customers and would recommend.

Reporter database constantly updated, new features including social accounts and connections to other reporters covering similar topics are great

Sometimes can be hard to find niche outlets or outlets without clearly defined roles for staff to pitch

Alistair
CEO / CMO in UK
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Lacking some core features of free social tools, and data regularly out of date

Kommentare: Can not recommend the software or the company as when you complain and we have many complaints they will happily respond with your under contract just keep paying

The sales pitch was great and we thought we had found a great tool, a solution that would combine all our PR and tracking needs

The frustrations started soon after go live and support and resolving the issues was not forth coming. This resulted in paying for a tool that reduced productivity and we soon have to result to our original approach of email marketing and social media. The PR is not always up to date and can be limited once you start to drill down.

Shantel
Operations Assistant in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cision Review

Kommentare: We save research time and can build a contact list with ease.

Finding the perfect outlets with accurate contact information to build our media lists for the pitching team has been the most reliable.

The software is user-friendly and no technical complications have occurred. We use Cision every day.

Lauren
Marketing Manager in USA

It's expensive but has up-to-date lists of hard-to-find contacts at major media outlets.

The contact information and search features are extensive, so you can find exactly who you want to reach in the markets that you need. Even the pesky ones who purposely don't want their information published.

List-building can be confusing (or at least, it used to be before I had to cancel), and sometimes too much knowledge can be overwhelming--without knowing how PR works, you can easily blast your information to all the wrong people, and make a gigantic fool out of yourself. This is not for DIY-ers just getting started!

Michelle
Michelle
PR Consultant/Writer in USA

Cision is popular - but I find it hard to use for simple basics

Cision is the most popular media database out there. It has the ability to do a lot of things. You can search for all types of media contacts, build lists, etc.

My experience is mixed, however, as I find it a bit hard to use for basics like searching or building a list. It's also expensive. I'd consider alternatives before purchasing.

Marketing & Werbung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Cision is an industry leader for a reason

I love the new capabilities that Cision rolled-out about a year ago, including a new user interface. I really like that, as a press person, I can easily search using multiple criteria - this really helps when I'm looking for press in a very specific industry.

The only con about Cision that I see is its high price - I think that there should be an option that allows smaller companies to buy-in to some of Cision's basic functionalities for a lower price.

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Incredibly robust database

Cision has an incredible database of editorial contacts. Distributing press releases was also always a smooth process.

We had to partner with other media groups to split the costs. Definitely not inexpensive.

Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Nice for reaching variety!

Kommentare: It's definitely nice to use for press purposes, I just wish it had a few more bells and whistles!

I like that I can mass pitch, search journalists and distribute press releases easily.

With certain packages, you can no longer rush press releases and have to plan way in advance. I also don't like how you can't be more specific when targeting when distributing press releases.

Mithil
Mithil
Digital Marketing Strategist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A great addition at a price.

Kommentare: I have been a user for 2 years now and it amazes me how much data it can pull for my brands.

Easy integrations. The set-up is simple and the solution is in-depth in terms of what marketers need.

Can be pricey. But if you are willing to invest in the technology, it is def. good value for money. Great ROI.

Öffentliche Ordnung

Way Oversold, Barely Usable

Kommentare: Not many.

PRWeb and PRNewswire market share drove our usage (we got upsold into trying Cision Cloud). There is some value in having filterable media contact lists....but not at their price points.

Horrifically bad value for money - our worst software purchase of 2017. We left. "Unified cloud" was 100% overhyped. Rolled out with unclear UX, broken features Too many of the media contacts emails bounce. Many of lists are poorly scrubbed - you end up with random contacts that don't fit the segment you are targetting. "Account managers" are useless at solving issues - lots of back and forth by email with no resolution.

Dylan
Dylan
Digital Marketing Manager in USA
Telekommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

PRweb with Cisiion

Kommentare: Great experience! We are able to push out PR posts to PRweb quickly and in a timely manner. It has helped us get visibility as well.

The ability to get out a press release, the ease of posting a press release, its easy-to-use posting UI, customer service, boosting posts, and visibility reporting direct to my email.

The contact of reporters and bloggers information isn't always up to date. The UI of the list builder function can be difficult to use.

Laura
Marketing Manager in Rumänien
Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy-to-use and intuitive features

Kommentare: I like Cision so far, I like that it didn't come with the pressure that is usually attached to learning a new tool. It's easy-to-use, user-friendly, and efficient. I look forward to learning it more in-depth and using it more often.

I am only just beginning to use Cision but I like how easy it is to navigate through it. Learning the ins and outs is easy because the tool itself makes sense. It's intuitive, it has everything that one may need for PR activities. I also like that they enable access to educational resources and videos about features and functionalities.

The analytics side of Cision is not the greatest, kind of hard to break down and digest. But that is currently the only "flaw" that I can find.

Erin
Marketing Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Grow Your List Of PR Contacts

It's a great way to grow your list of media contacts from a very large database. You can filter by criteria like location, industry, subject, etc, allowing you to tailor a media list depending on your specific needs.

The database willingly includes contact information for media who do not want to be contact by PR professionals. If you do not pay attention to this included information, you risk contacting these individuals and hurting your brand's reputation. At times you will find errors or duplicates in your list, so it's best to download and review in full to weed out any discrepancies.

Kaley
Sustainability Reporter in USA
Medienproduktion, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A Known Name in the PR Biz

Reputable and relatively easy to use. I use for finding press releases, breaking news and emails for relevant contacts.

A little bit of an eyesore to look at when others are building more navigable news and press aggregators

Kathy
Kathy
CFO in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I have been a Cision user for about a month. I really like the media contact section.

Kommentare: My ability to an attach a press release to an email to make it more personal to our specific editors.

The media contact section - while this is the section I've used the most the email functionality is fantastic as well.