Über Direct Mail

Eine MacOS-Anwendung, die einen unterhaltsamen und einfach zu bedienenden E-Mail-Vorlagen-Editor, Listenmanagement-Tools und aufschlussreiche Kampagnen-Analysenberichte bietet.

Erfahre mehr über Direct Mail

I love the fact I can work on campaigns locally on my computer without being online and not in a browser. The lists and address management is simple yet agile.

You get what you pay for. With their one time payment option you don't get much customer service and you'll need to maintain your own servers.

Bewertungen zu Direct Mail

Direct Mail hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 149 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Direct Mail bereits verwendet?

Mark
Mark
Lay Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent and quick tool for managing email communication to groups

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Direct Mail's native application interface is so much smoother to use and quicker than online systems. I regularly use MailChimp and HubSpot for outbound email as well, but for certain purposes Direct Mail is a real winner. It's really a good tool for designing nice looking email newsletters. The reporting is pretty good as well. There's a really elegant mixture of cloud-based services (the email sending and report viewing) and native application.

I do wish it was a little easier to share control of campaigns and lists with another Mac users.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde: DirectMail was quicker and easier, and didn't require me to coordinate with other Mailchimp campaigns and users.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Mailchimp

Producer in Kanada
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect Platform for Small Batch Mailing

Kommentare: This is a core part of my communication toolkit. While I still use other mailing list platforms for specific purposes, this solves very specific bulk mailing needs.

I use this program for lists which have small and specifically targeted audiences. This mainly includes press lists for producing events, and for teaching large classes or workshops. It allows me to create simple mailings where I do not want a lot of noise or fuss, more like direct mail as opposed to broadcasting a message. It's the perfect scale and I love the ease of understanding the reporting, which becomes of direct benefit for following up and moving between lists. It functions for me like the perfect basic database for supporting the ways I need to communicate.

At this point I don't have a lot of complaints, as I've been using it for probably a decade. The cloud synchronization has been greatly improved more recently. I often send things which are just this side of plain text for ease of reading and sharing the content with the audiences I send to, and I do find that it's best to bring in any text unformatted and do the formatting within Direct Mail as the styles can get funky when one copies and pastes.

Pascal
Director in Frankreich
Verlagswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Sending mails from an external database was easier before

Kommentare: Time

It is doing what I want. Connect to an external database, send mail via an externa provider. But things are not working so well. The thing is that data in database are evolving and, in the new version, I have to re-right the request to the database each time in different adress group coming from different database. Spam test is not working. Preferences ares sometime not kept, situation on the screen for exemple.

Again it does exactly what i want but less easier than previous version . Main point is database connection.

Antwort von e3 Software

Thanks for your review, Pascal. If you are having any trouble with importing, spam tests, or preferences, please contact our support team and they'll be happy to get things straightened out. Thanks!

Karis
Assistant Human Resources Officer in Algerien
Personalwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My best Direct Mail

Kommentare: my experiance was good with Direct Mail. i have the option to send emails using my own email server, providing flexibility and control over the email delivery process. its amazing. I hope to develop it with the aim of improving it

what i like about Direct Mail is that includes automation features such as autoresponders and drip campaigns, allow me to schedule and automate email sequences.

Direct Mail might have limitations in terms of collaboration features for teams

Eric
Eric
President in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great mail program with extensive features

Kommentare: I was looking for a low-cost mail program that was very easy to learn and get up and running. The major issue was getting a zap to work, but once that was working, I was very happy with the result. Likewise, zaps for onsite forms. But the learning curve for actually USING it, and sending emails. Cost per email is very very low - I buy 10K at a time for $99 so one cent each. Pretty good pricing! Delivery is almost instantaneous, and it is fun to watch the responses roll in.

Low cost per email, campaign reports, mailing lists easy to build and maintain, easy to use block editor. I use this via zaps with Shopify, as well as forms on my WP site. Much smaller learning curve compared to mail chimp.

Not as common support - required a zap to connect to Shopify, rather than directly connect, as will bigger company products. I appears to not detect duplicates in lists. I would like a more powerful editor, more like Divi for constructing emails. However, the basic block editor works pretty well.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail: It does the basic job of mailing out form letters. Very easy to use and learn. Inexpensive. Fast. The learning curve on other alternatives was daunting, with all of their marketing crapola. Probably very powerful, but not what I wanted at this point.

Doug
Doug
Editor in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Highly Recommend

Kommentare: Excellent

You can compose and edit emails as well as your database offline and without an internet connection. You never have to worry about losing work if your connection goes down. Great reporting as well and the chat support is helpful and fast!

I would love the ability to analyze various list performances.

Moose
Proprietor in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Great alternative to the Mailchimps out there

Kommentare: I use it every month to send out my newsletter. It works like a charm and is easy to use.

It's easy to use. Really customizable and can really put my 'stank' on the newsletter.

Nothing really. Maybe some more options in the 'insert content' area.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail: Don't have to pay a subscription fee and the mac nativity is great.

Brett
Brett
Consultant in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

If Apple made a direct mail app, it would look & feel like this!

Kommentare: It's a perfectly simply solution to creating customer engagement. It's actually a pleasure to use since it looks and feels great.

it's really easy to set up and execute and it integrates with my CRM of choice (Daylite) really well

I don't have any deal-breakers, but would always love more templates

Todd
Todd
SVP Sales in USA
Personalwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing and solved our bulk email issues.

Our team loves how easy this is to manage, set up and keep on top of key clients. Bravo!

We LOVE IT and have zero changes. Thanks so much.

Robert
Owner in Rumänien
Zeitung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Extremely fast

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Was a great period of managing my email campaigns.

Extremely fast for editing and creating the email campaigns. Has a lot of features that ease my workflow.

After switching my platforms on other operating systems I couldn`t use it anymore.

Detlef
Managing Director in Deutschland
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Easy to use, maximise Direct Marketing success

Kommentare: Love it from the beginning.

If you are a Mac-User - there is no better way to start your Email-Marketing. Newsletter setup very handsome, easy to use, import contact date and go ahead. Wonderful templates that you may change as you like.

That I learned about it too late ;) smtp-access-costs around 240 €/year, sounds a little bit expensive for this feature.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: ActiveCampaign

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde: Usability.

Zuvor genutzte Software: GetResponse, CleverReach und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail: Because we needed to use the solution on premise.

Christophe
Record producer in Marokko
Musik, Selbstständig

The best email marketing

Kommentare: This software is so easy to use and so powerful . I wish I had found it before. It has turned my email marketing from pain (with previous systems) to joy ! It is so easy to set up a very cool looking email and send it. I can control my budget to my needs. Recharge my credits when I need it and pay nothing for 2 months if Im not sending anything. And ... the mailing list management system is just amazing. it is so easy now to admin my mailing lists, correct them as I go, group people in different categories and move them around if needed. I have even intagrated the Subscribe forms on my web sites . Again ... flexible and so easy to set up . I LOVE direct mail . My music promo has totally changed since I use this software ... and all from the confort of my own computer !!!

Everything !! this is a genious program I had been waiting for for many years. A dream come true

Nothing. I love everything about direct mail. Even the subscribe form is great to use

Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Send all your mails without being worried about that.

Kommentare: Nice experience.

Direct Mail is a popular bulk email marketing software that allows businesses to manage and send large email campaigns. Some of the key features and benefits of Direct Mail include:- Easy to use and intuitive interface: Direct Mail's drag-and-drop editor and user-friendly interface makes it simple for users to create and send email campaigns without prior technical knowledge.- Integrations: Direct Mail integrates with popular CRM and e-commerce platforms, making it easy to manage email campaigns alongside other customer interactions.- Automation: Direct Mail offers advanced automation features, such as autoresponders and targeted campaigns, that can help businesses streamline their email marketing efforts and improve engagement with customers.- In-depth reporting and analysis: Direct Mail provides detailed reports on the performance of email campaigns, making it easy to see which campaigns are working and which need improvement.

Some of the challenges or limitations that Direct Mail users may encounter include:Cost: Direct Mail can be more expensive than other email marketing software.Limited features: Direct Mail focuses on bulk email, so some advanced features like list segmentation or deep personalization may not be available or be limited.Limited integrations: Direct Mail only integrates with a limited number of CRM and e-commerce platforms, so some users may find they need to use additional tools to cover their integration needs.Technical requirements: Although Direct Mail has a user-friendly interface, it may be necessary to have technical knowledge to set up and use some of its advanced features.

Jayesh
Creative Director in Indien
Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Direct mail Direct Profit

Kommentare: Its based on three factors. One) Being a designer gives me freedom to design as I like. It looks pro yet very user friendly. I never feel any inconvenience from day one I am using this app. Smooth file integration gives me ease of operation. Two) The most useful and very important thing is the report. I can give the summery of my campaign in respectable manner. Three) Price of mailer is affordable. Very economical, customers always happy with the budget.

Freedom of design. Smooth file integration. Campaign Summery. Affordable price.

Nothing compared to other applications from any point.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde: All-round excellence.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Adestra und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail: Professional yet Economical

Director in UK
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Effective, low cost direct marketing

Kommentare: What I like most about Direct Mail for the Mac is that, having used it for several years, it is just there and reliable. I know that if I go a couple of months without using it that it will still meet my requirements. Sometimes, it can take a while to get back up to speed but the effort is always worth it.

This is a straightforward and easy to learn piece of software that is packed full of functionality. It has certainly made our marketing more focused and effective over a number of years, first with our management consulting business and latterly with our bed and breakfast business.

Probably the most challenging aspect is getting to be familiar with the newsletter layout and making adjustments. Once you get to know this it seems you don't need to be a graphics designer or creative to produce a passable newsletter that looks good.

NA in UK

Great Software but AWFUL management and support after

One of the easiest and good looking mail sender on the Mac have used it for years. (not anymore though)

You have to pay them to send using your SMTP, which is fine, but as soon as you offend their very strict rules they disable the whole part of the sending process, meaning the softwares useless. Then thats where you find out the support is AWFUL, as it seems to me theres only 2 people that work there, they refuse to talk on phone, and despite promises when chased up, they don't answer emails. genuinely terrible.

Antwort von e3 Software

Thanks for your review, John. Sorry that you had a bad experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service (via email and live chat), and are grateful for the many five star customer service reviews we've received here and on other sites. In order to maintain a high quality of service, we ask all of our customers to agree to an anti-spam policy that forbids the use of illegal or purchased email lists. If that policy is violated, we are happy to explain how to resolve the issue. However, we are not able to help customers who repeatedly harass and threaten our employees.

Imtiaz
Executive Chairman in Südafrika
Sport, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

In Love with Software

Kommentare: Awesome, reliable, and easy to use.

In containing and distributing updated content and news to our members is critical on time and knowing that the email is getting to them. Email addresses verification is also important together with usable templates. This is what makes Direct Mail so critical for us as an organization. It is user friendly reliable and quick.

Bundles should be more affordable and more templates for sports should be included together with a feature to include the collection of funds from the email management. Also, consider including a database add on.

Kirby
proprietor in USA
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Terrific Basic Service for Digital Marketing

Kommentare: Very Good!

Great product for the price We use Direct Mail to manage our customer base for two separate target audiences. The service is helpful and easy to use, being able to create, reuse and modify previous campaign flyers, driving traffic to our websites, providing useful metrics, keeping our database relevant when clients change email addresses or are no longer interested in receiving annoucements. Overall DM has worked well for our small business. We cannot afford to invest in other CRM services such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, GetResponse or other email marketing services. DirectMail fulfills our current needs.

Wish the interface were more user friendly Wish there were more customization tools for the templates

Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for basic emailing and if don't need modern automation, ecommerce, etc. needs

Kommentare: Overall, is a super great tool to manage regular advertising emailing campaigns and periodically newsletters, but will find trouble if need integration with ecommerce or automation tools.

Mac native and works offline. Graphic and html easy switching and simple to use to achieve great looking emails. Free and affordable subscription or pay per mail plans. Detailed tracking system. Integration with own domains for SMTP.

Lacks of modern marketing automation tools. My sensation is like other sender get lower bounce rate. Full features are unlocked by paying and subscribing.

Craig
Marketing Coordinator in USA

Excellent application. Fairly easy to use. Good interface design.

Best means (by which users are honored in terms of their time for messaging) to communicate with various constituents.

Often have to retype names of messages as the app updates indiscriminately. Would love to be able to stop sending, then start again without starting at the beginning of the mailing list.

Sid
Presiden in USA

I love using this program

I love using this program. But best of all, when my computer damaged a key file, I sent it to Direct Mail. They sent an auto email saying it would be repaired in 24 hours. They sent the file back in two hours and it has worked perfectly ever sense. I highly recommend this program and company.

I would love this program to some how tie into the Outlook database so I only have 'one' set of contacts.

Brian
Assistant Manager in USA
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good product for nonprofit organizations

Kommentare: We use it daily and it is a necessity for our marketing outreach to get more customers.

This is an easy-to-use marketing and customer email management tool.

There are some limits to the free version.

Ray
Ray
Co-Founder / Fine Art Photographer in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing

Kommentare: Great product. Great customer service!

It does everything I'd ask for in an email blast program -- localized software, easy to import, create groups, build templates, send out mail campaigns, collect online data, link with other software, etc.

The only one thing that I don't like about it is -- if I schedule a number of emails (over the course of the week) and new subscribers come in -- those new subscribers won't get my already-scheduled emails. Because of this, I can't schedule more than 1-2 days of emails.

Bob
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A Great email marketing application

Kommentare: Having used Direct Mail for many years I can attest to the effort put into keeping it fresh. The customer support is outstanding.

Well thought out and updated on a regular basis, you can tell that the developers of Direct Mail take pride in their product. It is a solid and stable application that I have relied on for years to do my email marketing campaigns for clients.

As with any application you always say, I wish it did x, but nothing significant enough to warrant inclusion here.

Dave
Broker Associate in USA
Immobilien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

This mailing software does it all

Kommentare: We started using this software right away with no issues. It is intuitive and flexible.

I like its ease of use and the format is friendly enough where contacts think you are connecting with them exclusively

Although very easy to use could have been a bit better with a "getting started" module. We figured most of it out. Have been using it for a few years now so this is probably offered to new users