Über TestRail

Eine webbasierte Test-Case-Management-Software zum Verwalten, Verfolgen und Organisieren Ihres Softwaretestprozesses.

Erfahre mehr über TestRail

I use this software for integration with Jira for software testing documentation. I enjoy the fact that I can work directly on the Testrail UI and it will update our Jira issues.

Configuration options so that some users have fewer permissions are missing.

Bewertungen zu TestRail

TestRail hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 168 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du TestRail bereits verwendet?

Bruce
Bruce
CEO in Australien

Regression testing

Kommentare: TestRail was implemented to do the record taking for manual regression testing and planning.

Great product allowing us to keep history of our testing and specifically regression testing of our software development team

Find some reporting can be difficult, but in general it is a great tool for managing our regression testing test cases, and ensuring that they have all been run.

Antwort von IDERA

Hello Bruce, thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your experience using TestRail. We are always looking to improve the experience for all users. If you could share any more detailed feedback around what you'd like to see differently in the reporting capabilities (either here or by sending us a few screenshots at contact@gurock.com) that would be very much appreciated!

Basha
Test Architech in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Testcase Management

Kommentare: We enjoy using this tool because it takes little time to train new members and easy of using. SImple and faster.

Ease of use. Simple and intuitive flow for the workflows that can be customized based on your work.

Traceability is based on how you configure. Little confusing if you try to explain to users not familiar with the tool.

Antwort von IDERA

Thank you for your review! Our experts are working hard towards improving TestRail's user experience, especially for beginners.

Kathleen
Sr QA Eng in USA
Gastgewerbe, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Used to be great, now it is horrible

Kommentare: I've been told their team was decimated after it was bought out. They have only 20 people to handle 11,000 customers. A product that is supposed to be for QA, is not QA'd before releases. If you are considering this product my advice is to run in another direction. You will be disappointed if you invest in TestRail.

I loved it before it was sold. It was solid, easy to use, and made our work flow simple and efficient. That is no longer the case

Since it was bought out, it is now horrific. Test data disappears or is inaccessible. Test runs disappear. EVERY single release is extremely buggy. And knowing that, they still continue to push the release in waves to other customers instead of fixing high priority issues first. Tickets are opened and we get the canned "we're working on it" but rarely are bugs fixed correctly the first time (if at all). We have had months of work disappear with a single release. We've had things break where we were unable to access our tests for days or even weeks at a time. I went from convincing my entire company to join in to use this product, to now only having 3 of us left who will touch it. It's just sad how far it has fallen.

Neil
Neil
Sr QA Analyst in USA
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

If you are executing manual test cases on a large scale then Test Rail is for you

Kommentare: Having using various test management suites TestRail does excel in that it was built to run manual test cases and display results in an easy glance for the whole team. Linking to defects is simple, generating a report when the test run is complete. I feel like reusing regression suites could be improved, it does what it is meant to however you have to repeat several steps each time you want to generate a regression suite.
Some areas for improvement would be a test case type for API tests, I am sure everyone needs this but struggles to find a way to record this data.

I think report generation is the strong suit of Test rail, the percentage pie chart of passed, failed blocked cases at a glance make daily reporting for scrum stand up meetings ideal. Integration with Jira is excellent, although some room for improvement.

Trying to do something simple like import test case steps from a .csv is not so easy. You can import a suite but that is not ideal. Trying to duplicate cases can be tedious, let's say you have a lot of cases, trying to copy paste them in to various projects is a lot of hassle, it is surprising they have not addressed issues like this after so many years.

Antwort von IDERA

Thank you, Neil, for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your experience using TestRail. We are always looking to improve the experience for all users. If you could share any more detailed feedback around what you'd like to see differently in the interface for importing and copying test cases (either here or by sending us a few screenshots at contact@gurock.com) that would be very much appreciated!

Shelly
Software test analyst in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Informationsdienst, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Test rail : systematic arrangement for testing resources

Kommentare: Very very happy to use test rail, transition was. Smooth everything is arranged logically. Move copy delete all the features are available and easy to use.

Test rail is very easy to use from creating the test plan to creating test runs.We can easily pull test cases as per our requirements and execute them as a test run.

Test results uploads of videos is comparatively slow.Scree capture and voice recording features should also be there

Boyana
QA Engineer in Bulgarien

Unfortunately, disappointing experience.

Kommentare: When I started to use it it was a relatively good test management tool, but in the second year it turned into a day-to-day struggle, I was wasting a lot of time writing and editing test cases - one of the key job characteristics of the QA. It's important to mention that I am not using TestRail for almost two years, and I hope the things got better. But honestly, I wouldn't risk to go back again.

The test suites and test case structure were good and easy to navigate.

The small tiny bugs that appeared every day and bothered our work. Things like the inability to open a screenshot in full-screen with 1 click.. To do that I had to open it on a new browser tab which was very annoying. And plenty of other similar issues that were arising day by day. This was the reason for switching to another test management system.

Yana
Yana
QA in Kanada
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best test management tool for QA

Kommentare: It saves my time and its very useful for QA use this tool, actually you can create everything in this tool and not use other tools.

I'm using this tool everyday at my work, create test cases, tracking their status, and also create different reports to see the status. This tool works fast, has good user friendly design, by tracking results you can get an email notification.

Didn't find any drawbacks its really fast and convenient in using, also help to keep all info in one place.

Antwort von IDERA

Hi Yana, thanks so much for leaving us a review! Super glad to hear how useful TestRail has been for supporting and streamlining your QA work. Feel free to reach out to us at contact@gurock.com if there's ever anything we can do to help! - Matt C from TestRail

Sandeep
Qa Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great solution to improve testing efficiency

Effective test case managment:- TestRail provides a highly customizable test case management system. You can create test suites, parts, and cases to suit the unique needs of your project. Easy to use:-Test cases using TestRail are efficient and simple. The ability to add test results, comments, and attachments directly from the interface simplifies the testing process.

There should be option for comments or chat to communicate within TestRail for communication amongst team.

Ashi
Ashi
Product Manager @ eMusic in USA
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Perfect QA platform for teams spread across the globe

- Web based - doesn't require a localized server installation (unless you want to) and can be accessed by anyone with credentials, no matter where they are located without any effort - Very easy to use and gives you a very neat category division when it comes to test cases, test runs and milestones

Can't search and replace words in multiple test cases at the same time which makes it harder to re-use existing test cases with only small changes

QA Engineer in Spanien
Telekommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and mantain. Very useful to do regressions.

Kommentare: I use it every day. It's very easy to define the tests and execute them manually and with automations.

It's very easy to use, with different kind of configurarions and customizations.

The tests scenarios are not versioned. There's not possibility to see previous changes or have different versions of them.

Antwort von IDERA

Thanks David! We'll take your feedback into consideration!

Bryan
QA Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Stellar Feature Rich Platform

The ease of use for maintaining, connecting and sharing test cases are unrivaled. The platform is so feature rich every time I think of a feature I want to request they already have it!

Takes a good amount of time to spin up a valuable framework. I think this can be mitigated by some test case best practices or maybe a super-user demo within the platform.

Antwort von IDERA

Thank you for your review. TestRail's team regularly holds free live webinars on how to use TestRail - the are also available on demand: https://www.gurock.com/testrail/webinars?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=dach_en_dsa&utm_content=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw09HzBRDrARIsAG60GP_ehxFpBMXyq4LpRnrpbUWQtfZSisx5yVS9728coJKu3wSHmoKbsesaAlTxEALw_wcB You can also watch our training videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-KDkGJYA2k&list=PL0VF8QJoqsVjVIr-KFpquhGidVQxGbSIo

Piotr
QA Automation Engineer in Irland
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

TestRail - test management better than competitors.

Kommentare: I used TestRail in my previous company and I am using it in my current one. Firstly, it is easy to use, and all options and settings are close at hand. The structure of test management is also pretty clear. Projects -> Suites -> Sections -> Test cases. Easy to handle and maintain. The whole system is quite simple to integrate with e.g. Jenkins, Cypress, or Jira through the TestRail API. Some products are seamlessly integrated - like Jira, but for some products, scripts have to be written from scratch. Also, thanks to the fact that TR is widely used, there is plenty of help on the internet. Reporting and analysis can be adjusted to the user's needs and set to execute automatically, which can reduce the amount of work. Charts and analyses are easy to understand and can be expanded with the data you need. A big advantage is test parametrization and the ability to recognize and use test data sets. That allows having significantly fewer test cases to maintain. Product is being constantly developed and the customer service is good.
As for the downsides, sometimes minor bugs appear e.g. for some time there were duplicated input fields during test case creation/edition - nothing crucial, but it could be annoying. It was fixed two months later and now everything works correctly. The price is quite high and depends on the number of users.
All in all, in my opinion, TestRail is the best on the market providing user-friendly testing management.

The product is constantly developing. A lot of functionalities - API, test structure, reports, bug integrations, milestones, etc. Ease of use. Customizability. Integration with other software (e.g. Jira, Cypress, etc.)

Minor bugs. Quite a high price. Rather plain design (not really intuitive)

Deepa
QA in Singapur
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A tool which can become powerful

Kommentare: Able to showcase the test cases executed to improve the overall quality

TestRail helps to manage the test runs and test plan in much simpler way. Adding or changing test plan is allowed during execution is a huge plus.

Unable to recover deleted test cases, as once I accidentally deleted a test suite when I was trying to delete a test plan. Also bulk option to mark test cases Pass / Failed / Blocked is not possible Don't know if there is a option to link Jira test cases.

Antwort von IDERA

Thank you for your review! We hope you can find some useful answers here: https://discuss.gurock.com/t/is-there-any-way-to-recover-deleted-test-cases/2967

Eduardo
Lead QA Engineer in USA

Organize and Prioritize

Kommentare: Coming from a Quality Assurance team which had zero test cases and no system TestRail has become a huge asset. It allows for our team which has members working in a different time zone to continually work independently while still having the entire team engaged.

Right off the bat the software is very easy to use The software allow us to manage our time effectively focussing on running regression tests on any particular task. It has been a useful tool for our Quality Assurance team to prioritize and organize test cases. The fact that we can implement the use of Jira is also a huge plus since this is a tool we also use within our organization.

Not many cons, the only two minor aspects that come to mind are one if you have no knowledge of how to use it does take some time to learn it. However if you have even the basic background on a tool like this the learning time does shorten. The other is the fact that results can only be shared with the registered users, so we are having to take screen shots of results to share with the rest of our company teams.

Mirza
Software QA Engineer in Bosnien und Herzegowina
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very mature test management tool

Kommentare: I'm very happy with it, it's stable, has a slick UI and overall it's a well-built product.

It can cover all of my needs in the entire test life cycle, it's very customizable - I've been adding a lot of my own custom fields to test case templates, for instance. It supports adding shared steps to make your tests more concise, lot of reporting options, milestones, test planning. Pretty much everything a tester needs.

I would like to see an option to add data parameters for my tests.

Antwort von IDERA

Hello Mirza, we're super glad to see the feedback on TestRail's existing features.Thank you so much. Regarding functionality to add data parameters in tests, we already have an open feature request for the same and we are happy to add your vote to it. :)

Srikanth
Quality Engineering Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A good test management tool that gets the work done

Kommentare: We are a start up and as we grow, our test cases and test executions are growing. We could successfully manage our tests and executions very well. With a little work on integrating Test rail into our build process, we could get make it part of our build process.

Good way to organize test plans, cases and runs Report is good at test planning level Configuring runs for multiple devices/browsers in run configurations instead of creating new runs APIs are good, Can be integrated into our build process well.

nothing much. may you can support hippa complaint could offering?

Kenneth
Data Migration Specialist in USA
Informationsdienst, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Organization of Test and Issues Resolution

Kommentare: Excellent tool for managing the chaos! Much better than passing around emails.

Ownership and organization of issues is my favorite feature. We load data into our cloud solution and issues arises. Using TestRail, we can log issues, provide all pertinent notes and files about that issue in one place. Also, we always know who "owns" the next step on the issue to resolution. The "ToDo" view is also very useful. Todo lets me know what I own across many projects.

Reporting may be available but I don't see it.

Antwort von IDERA

Thank you Kenneth! Here is an introduction to TestRail's reporting options: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-custom/reports-introduction

Mark
Senior Software QA Analyst in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Solid test case management tool

Kommentare: Overall, we love the tool and have directed more teams to use it with the caveat that they do not have a lot of reporting needs.

Super easy to use and organize test cases. It works great and allows multiple structures depending on how your team manages test cases

The reporting capabilities are extremely limited. There are some canned reports that you can tweak. We struggle to find what we need without a custom report. You cannot download them as PDF. You need to download them as HTML which is not ideal in most work place scenarios. We can get most of the info we need from the dashboard, but it would be nice to download as a pdf to excel/csv.

Juan
Juan
QA Director in USA
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easily modified to work with your testing methodology

Kommentare: We were able to import our large set of tests in just a few short days and be up and running with a more robust tool that offered us an agile transformation.

*customized for any project * easy to get reports from * web based * can import from variety of other tools * good forums for help and ideas

* can easily make it complex for others depending on how you setup * a few known issues that can cause data loss

Antwort von IDERA

Thanks so much from the TestRail team Juan for taking the time to complete this review.

Sapana
Director of QA in USA
Internet, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and very useful for metrics

Kommentare: My team is using this tool to add testcases for all the projects and we uses testplan for the releases.

This tools helps us to organize the testcases and testplan. Adds lot of visibility to the entire team and it’s reporting is very useful

We can’t add testcases in the testplan across different project. Each platform has its own project so when we want to combine the common cases in one testplan, it doesn’t provides us the way.

Clyde
QA ENGINEER in USA

HELPFUL FOR TEST CASES

Kommentare: OVERALL IT HAS BEEN A GREAT EXPERIENCE.

LOVE THE SOFTWARE. IT CAN BE DIFUCULT TO NAVIGATE AND SET UP TEST CASES BUT ONCE THAT IS DONE IT IS EASY TO USE.

IT CAN BE HARD TO SET UP CASES THE WAY YOU NEED TO.

Antwort von IDERA

Thank you Clyde! TestRail's team aims at improving every aspect of the test management tool. We will add your comment onto out list.

Cherry
Staff QA Developer in Kanada
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Test Rail review

It is easy to use and user friendly. Also I can create the report easily

When moving the test to another test suite will remove the test result history

Antwort von IDERA

Hi Cherry! Perhaps this discussion forum might come in handy: https://discuss.gurock.com/t/preserving-test-results-after-moving-test-case-between-test-suites/2741

Carolina
QA Lead in Chile
Informationsdienst, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excelent management tool

Kommentare: We are using testrail to manage all of our core tests in the platforms and the experience is excelent.

Easy to configure and use projects, testsuites and testcases. Can manage all projects independent. Integrations are easy for automatize testruns executions .

I miss some integrations with others tools.

Banu
QE in Indien
Personalwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It would be better if you work on your cons.

Kommentare: Good

It's very helpful to manage all your test cases at one place and easy to document things.

1. If you can add word wrap to test case summary, it would be easy to read instead of hovering on it. 2. If you can add top and bottom buttons , it would be easy to use instead of scrolling over hundreds of test cases to reach top or bottom.

Antwort von IDERA

Thank you for your feedback! We will take your suggestions into consideration!

Design, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Best in class Test Case Managemenr

Easy to see status of projects on dashboard, test runs are quick and easy to set up. DB is backed up, but also the availability to make local backups as well.

Can be a little tricky to get the project set up and configured at first but soon becomes intuitive