Über MongoDB

Von Startups bis hin zu Unternehmen, MongoDB ist die Datenbank der Riesen-Ideen für moderne und konventionelle Betriebe

Erfahre mehr über MongoDB

Using it with MongoDB Atlas gives you a good managed database as a service at a cheap price but it also works great when it is self hosted.

The initial setup of MongoDB and specifically the Mongod can be quite confusing.

Bewertungen zu MongoDB

MongoDB hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 365 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MongoDB bereits verwendet?

Giuseppe N.
Giuseppe N.
Software Engineer Manager in Italien

Best in class NoSQL

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

We developed a social network and as a first approach we had everything based on a relationship DB but the loading times of the data feed were really slow. We have migrated everything to MongoDB and the feed loading times have drastically reduced.

No problems encountered during use, but if you don't structure your data correctly but maintenance becomes very complicated.

Piotr P.
QA Automation Engineer in Irland

Interesting alternative for relational DBs

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: To be honest, I wasn't too convinced about non-relational databases. Before I encountered MongoDB in one of my jobs, I was working only with MySQL and PostgreSQL and treated MongoDB as a curiosity. I was sorely mistaken. It is fast, reliable, and intuitive. A lot of clear documentation and helpful customer support made learning easy. However, in the beginning, I felt a little lost about queries or the creation of a reliable and efficient structure. The main disadvantage I noticed is some redundancy in documents to maintain dependencies (or maybe it is my lack of knowledge). Good structure creation was also a challenge, but as I mentioned, documentation was extremally helpful. Also, data migration, exports, and imports are user-friendly and I didn't really have any problems with them. I am also using MongoDB in my private projects, and to be honest, I really don't want to come back to standard SQL databases. All in all, if you haven't tried it yet - it is definitely worth it. The entry threshold may be a little higher than for SQL (especially if you are used to it), but it's useful to have more skills.

Ease of use. Customer support and documentation. Speed and functionalities. Flexibility.

May be hard to maintain if the structure is created in the wrong way. Beginners may get lost in more complicated queries

Rob L.
Backend Developer in USA

Mongo allows you to take off easily, but makes it harder to do more advanced analysis.

-Easy Setup -Getting simple data in/out is painless & straightforward -Basic analytics are easy, as is managing multi-server clusters

-Working with complex data is a difficult. -Many original features or design choices were incorrect and slow to be corrected. For example, timezone support is minimal and days/dates/months use a custom numbering rather than ISO. Mongo is only now adding ISO versions of aggregation commands

Anees H.
Solution Architect in Indien

MongoDB is the goto datatbase for any solution

Kommentare: Great, greatest

The ease of use. JSON type document helps me to scale my database model as the application is growing. Along with the powerful query language of MongoDB it's so easy to pull data from the data. MongoDB also gives free 500MB is space without giving any credit card and I found that very awesome!

I would like to see the compass getting more powerful and having many more features.

Darian P.
Darian P.
Senior Developer in USA
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Review of MongoDB

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: We used Mongo to host some incoming user data on one of our portals. We needed a solution that could host variable length data where the format could change semi-irregularly. Mongo was both quick to implement and reliable in use and has caused us no problems once we finished all the configurations.

MongoDB was our go-to solution for a NoSQL database due to the ease of installation and simplicity. We had used Mongo before for smaller projects but decided to use the MongoDB Atlas service to have a reliable instance online. Using the hosted version alleviated a lot of the configuration issues we had experienced also, although it isn't required to use the hosted version depending on the use case.

The visualization aspect of Mongo constantly was an issue for our team. We wanted to display dashboards of our data through a variety of methods but most were difficult to implement using Mongo, or were simple/slow at best. There was also a lot of trouble trying to connect MongoDB Atlas with our AWS VPC, specifically so that our cloud functions could access it.

Anil C.
Marketing Executive in Türkei
Marketing & Werbung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Database Platform MongoDB

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I used MongoDB for my customers website to cover all the databases and working with developers to implement them.

Virtualization is perfect feature for MongoDB to understand your dataset and performings.

MongoDb is quite expensive when you compare other kind of database platforms.

Sajal A.
Senior Software Engineer in Indien
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

NoSql connector

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Ease of connecting to nosql databases with URI as well as entering credentials separately. We can save the connections in the MongoDB and later on connect those with a single click. It is quite fast as we get result in no time. Also it is quite easy to use. Also while writing queries, we can apply different filters and get the filtered data.

switching between different database is tough, as we need to close old one and connect new one. opening collection again and again is also a issue, as there is no tab options.

System Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A outperformed software..

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

I have been using the software for my daily work and there not even a day i go without having blown away by the software. Who would have thought that working with big data is that easy.

The same interface is sometimes a little boring though there is not much smthing to say abou the performance, but i feel the interface is sometimes really monotonous and boring to work with.

Barış T.
Data Scientist in Türkei
E-Learning, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

DDL and DML with mongoDB

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: This is an application where we store and manage the information coming from the front end pages made by our company. Then we extracted the data and performed ML operations.

The interface of the application is simple and user-friendly. The application is easy to use. You can perform all your operations regarding the database.

There is nothing wrong with the app. It's nice to have the visualization feature added.

Daniel M.
Software Developer in Brasilien

Great database for working with unstructured data

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

It allow us to build fast, and deploy fast, and with the flexibility of document oriented data model.

Couldn't find anything missing in this database until now.

Co-owner in Australien
Bibliotheken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

MongoDB is my choice of nosql / document database for paired use with Node.JS

Kommentare: I needed a free but industry standard database for my Node.JS based library management application. MongoDB was just what I needed, I did consider MySQL but I wanted to try nosql / document orientated. It has been fantastic - it's hard to believe productions like these are free for all.

I love how MongoDB integrates with code in such a way that queries look just like any other code. I also love how the documents from MongoDB are returned natively to Node.JS as objects without any mapping at all. MongoDB is an intuitive and very performant database, I recommend trying it if you haven't.

The big thing with MongoDB you have to get your head around is the whole redundant data thing - it is usually recommended that you store a lot of redundant data in your documents instead of having data normalised with relationships as you would in a relational DB. Have redundant data can make your query code really simple, but it can make your update code very complex / cumbersome. However, you can opt out of this approach and use MongoDB with relationships - I would recommend using Mongoose (an npm package) that will handle a lot of the work with relationships for you.

Aniket P.
Student in Indien
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

MongoDB - The Best No-SQL Database!

Kommentare: I used MongoDB in a laboratory environment, adding access levels for users to access the data remotely. I also interacted with the database a lot and it was way easier to create and manage it. Furthermore, I never experienced a server-crash whilst accessing the data, which is fairly common for most other no-sql databases. Even-so, it just proves that it manages the memory well.

MongoDB has integrations with almost all computer languages used today, with even having an integration with Erlang (a very rarely used language). The drivers are easily available from open source contributors and works amazingly well. For a No-SQL database, it is amazingly well managed and easier to use in almost all other languages.

Its sort of confusing to manage the access control levels of the users, as it is all stored in json file. If there was a way to sort of make this process graphical or interactive, it would have reduced many access threats in a database.

R&D in Tschechien
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great data storage solution with space for improvement

Kommentare: Using MongoDB for years, mostly as local storage in docker containers. Latest project is based on cloud solution.

I like the Atlas Cloud solution. It enables various tricks and cross-integrations of single database between multiple apps (containers) with simple user management - for a reasonable price.

I cannot get over this Atlas Compass UX issue - I want to open at least two "tabs" with collections at the same time. This is not possible and even worse, when you switch between collections, thee state is completely reset. So I'm compiling the search query carefully with all the commas, brackets and identifiers, I often need to search for ID from another collection or maybe from the same collection. When i change collection scope -> BAM! The whole query is gone :( The input should retain its actual value... Second "issue": When it comes to schema changes in living DB, sometimes it behaves unexpectedly (no error, no data). Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I would like to know it...

Tyson H.
Senior Software Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Amazingly Flexible Database Capability

I don't usually rave about products, but I do about MongoDB. * MongoDB's schemaless document-centric approach to database makes it easy to store any kind of data I need to, even subdocuments and array fields with minimal fuss within code or tools. This allows for a lot of flexibility and makes it easy to upgrade or refactor existing software. * MongoDB's indexes provide amazing performance even in a schemaless world. Simple and compound indexes, as found in the relational database world, are just the start. Add to that multikey indexes (indexes over array fields), string and geolocation indexes, and indexes where entries expire documents with time. Mongo has it all. * MongoDB's approach to scalability - using replica sets for high availability and fault-tolerant failover and sharding databases over a potentially large number of servers - makes it easy to scale huge amounts of data without overly expensive hardware and failover complexity. * MongoDB driver support is available for a variety of languages. * Mongo University, free graded courses covering various aspects of MongoDB from development to administrative activities to security, etc., offers a solid path to learning.

I'm a huge proponent of MongoDB but because of the nature of schemaless document-oriented databases, there are still some problems for which a relational database is still the answer. There are some applications and technical domains where relational databases still have a huge lead over Mongo for performance.

Michael M.
Michael M.
Senior Software Developer in USA

Fast, fast, fast, and agile

Kommentare: Very positive. I will likely use MongoDB on every future project of moderate to extreme complexity.

One of the most difficult parts of software development, especially with complex projects, is keeping the software maintained. As business requirement change, the effort required to make those changes grows over time. MongoDB opened up a whole new world for me. I can make structural changes to my underlying data with ease without too much modification the data access layer. It reduces initial development significantly, and allows my team to pivot to new requirements with unprecedented ease. Because related data is encapsulated, queries are much faster, and our software is extremely performant. Highly recommended.

The tooling isn't great. Compass is a decent tool for accessing and lookup, but it lacks polish. It's slow to start up and sometimes difficult to pull up the data I'm seeking

Abdelmadjid H.
Developer in Kanada

A great companion to Javascript back ends

Kommentare: I've launched a few products that use MongoDB and have been very happy with the performance and scalability.

MongoDB integrates very well with JS-based server code. It's fast and its dynamic, NoSQL nature allows for a lot of flexibility and creative use.

As MongoDB isn't as ubiquitous as other solutions like MySQL, there's a bit less tooling available and some IaaS platforms treat it as a second class citizen.

System Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Why mongodb is widely used database in current market situation.

Kommentare: I have merged mongodb with the react js and building a fully dynamic website for a client.
And mongodb have the user authentication in builtin so it’s easier for me so no need to extra code for that part.

Mongodb is a no-sql( not only sql) database.so it is different from other traditional database.its support partitions and indexing both so the data fetching is way more faster then other traditional database. We can use both partition and indexing for storing data and also make use of partition we can fetch data in less time as compared to others database and its store data in horizontal way so no relation and no scheme needed so its gives faster performance in data analysis.

Mongodb doesn’t support procedure which is now supported bat many other no sql database and mongodb have little bit complex queries to understand for a new user.

Frank R.
Frank R.
Co-Founder, CTO and Product Lead in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

MongoDB is the NoSQL leader and getting better

Kommentare: The first decision about whether to use MongoDB or not is whether you need a relational or non-relational DB. Once you decide a non-relational is best for you project, then MongoDB is a solid choice. It has the ongoing support of a professional team and is widely used in the market, especially for projects utilizing the MEAN stack. This makes it easier to deploy than other solutions.

MongoDB is incredibly easy to set up and use. The fact that non-relational DBs are better for more unstructured data, makes it so that you don't necessarily have to know exactly what the end state is going to be before building your schema. Its data throughput is also a key differentiator, so anything with Big Data is going to be a good fit for a non-relational DB and MongoDB, in particular. Finally, the team behind MongoDB is constantly improving the product and releasing updates, and there are several good data viewers in the market, including one from Mongo, for viewing the data and creating queries.

Creating metrics dashboards can be challenging due to the potential need for JOIN queries in your data. Anything that contains these will be harder to aggregate. Their aggregation framework can be hard to use and limiting for certain requirements.

Shashank V.
Software Trainee in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best No-SQL Database.

Kommentare: MongoDB has no proper structure like rows and columns in RDBMS. There is a feature called indexing where each and every row in the MongoDB database is identified with a unique id. The unique id is provided for each and every new document. The queries are easily understandable without involving any
complex joins, unions. It also obeys the Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability known as ACID properties which are essential for a database. MongoDB supports sharding means huge data can be divided into smaller data and can be stored in multiple databases across a network. Different collections in MongoDB can be clubbed together and it also supports transactions which involve data needed from multiple documents across a collection. Based on these properties I have worked on different use cases and because of these features, work became simpler.

1) There is no fixed schema like RDBMS. We can alter the table structure insert any number of rows and columns. 2) Data retrieving from this No-SQL database is very much fast when compared to other No-SQL databases. 3) Very easy to install. Provides JSON data support. 4) Can be integrated into different languages like Java, PHP. 5) There are no complex joins of queries like RDBMS. 6) The technical support can be available from MongoDB clients in case of any complex issues that occur while working. 7) Having extra features like a backup of stored data, sharing the data to multiple systems across the network is an added advantage. 8) Handles unstructured data i.e the data which has no format, no proper structure.

I did not find any flaws with this software.

Omair V.
CTO in UK
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Robust for scaling

Kommentare: We switched from MLabs after MongoDB bought them and have since been able to make much better use of the MongoDB ecosystem with Compass, Charts, stronger cluster configuration etc.

We can see that MongoDB are on a growth-mindset, constantly adding new features like serverless functions, analytical text search, global write ops, and many other at-scale, enterprise level features. Some of these are already helping us reduce our infrastructure costs, for example, we've recently began switching off our third-party search service that was costing us £££ thanks to the introduction of MongoDB search.

We've had some recent headaches around the MongoDB connection string changes and issues with whitelisting some of our private VPNs on AWS. But these are minor issues. I personally think the Performance Advisor feature is poor - it would be far better to get a list of all unindexed queries listed by overall usage by time-period, rather than the adhoc suggestions that we see.

Juan manuel C.
Juan manuel C.
Web Developer in Argentinien
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Best no-sql database

Kommentare: My experience is very good, it works very fast, it is configured quickly, you can view and make queries from your software to see the data of your database. Making backups is very simple and integrates perfectly with our javascript development.

Very fast installation and use. It has very complete tools to manage you, such as the Mongo Compass or the possibility of having everything in your cloud with Mongo Atlas. The installation is very simple and the power of the tool is incredible and integrates perfectly with our system built in NodeJS. It has a very detailed documentation which facilitates its integration.

The main cons is that it does not have the possibility of making queries with JOINS but this is a limitation of NO-SQL databases

Software Engineer in Sri Lanka

Mongo DB

Kommentare: According to my experience with MongoDB it is good NoSQL database. It has good query capacity, Also when we going to solve some business problems some requirements are change when we build the system. At that time we have to change same database collections. MongoDB support it.

Mongo DB is non relational database (NoSQL). It is a document database. it has good query capacity. Very easy to install and setup Mongo DB. Also Mongo DB is schema-free, there fore our software (code) defines the schema. It support BSON data format, there fore no complex to write code with mongo db (most of programming languages support BSON data format. We can index the mongo collections and increase the query performance

When we need to query using two mongo collections (join two collection), we can use lookup feature. but the problem is Mongo DB lookup feature is slow. Also we have no option to run query among two or three collections like as Elastic Search. When we using Elastic Search we can run query among two or three indexes(collections). There for in Elastic Search we can move historical data to separate collections and improve query performance. if we need query with historical, Elastic Search support it. But using Mongo DB we have to handle it in programming side.

Naseeb B.
Developer in Nepal

One of the best for Web Developers

Kommentare: My overall experience with MongoDB is good. I'm satisfied with it. It is much perfect when we are integrating it with JavaScript backend. I recommend using MongoDB for all the web developers as it provides great developer experience. The developers can setup easily and configure with their technology. I find MongoDB very useful, not only for the developers but also for the beginner students which can help them in their college projects.

First thing is there's no need of any Queries; it is the king of NoSQL. MongoDB is easy to user and learn too and also a flexible schema for changing data elements. Being a web developer, i work on JavaScript, so it's too good for Integrating with JavaScript backend like NodeJS. For the beginner and new comers, they have Mongo DB for free with certain amount of data storage.

Unlike SQL, it has no joins, which can sometime be an issue in some data retrieval cases. Sometimes it works very slow in the cloud environment. There are no functions available for Transaction. MongoDB's documentation is much confusing to the users. Even if it's easy to use and learn, learning MongoDB might take some time. I thinkg it is hard to work with complex queries.

Heshani H.
Heshani H.
Software engineer in Sri Lanka

Fastest leap In database management

Kommentare: I use mongo with our applications. For any set of data, this is the best database.

Really speedy and requires less memory. We can create collections without a definite number of rows and columns to come. We can add data without restrictions It gives a JSON output which is really easy to work with Easy to add , edit and remove data If a certain section has more than one data, we can insert them as sub arrays, and it makes the developments so flexible.

The free version allows limited memory so that we have to upgrade it to insert unlimited data. Other than that this is the best.

Eric r. B.
Eric r. B.
Chief Product Officer in USA
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

MongoDB is great but it AWS is coming for them

Kommentare: I have used MongoDB across multiple companies because of the reliability, the strong security and backup procedures, and the exceptional team they have supporting their products. However, I am concerned that with Dynamo being solid now, MongoDB won't have much of anywhere to go. We used MongoDB with AWS for a long time and now it's just easier to also use Dynamo. This is a shame because Mongo's team is exceptional.

MongoDB's support for setup and when we have run into problems was the best part about using Mongo and why I've come back to it many times.

MongoDB has good relationships with other providers but the fact that it's not part of a larger suite of cloud-based solutions is a shame.