Über Greater Giving

Automatisiere, verfolge und verwalte deine Fundraising-Bemühungen über ein Dashboard. Die Greater Giving Event Software wird zur Verwaltung von Ereignissen verwendet.

Erfahre mehr über Greater Giving

For the top level, there are instructional videos for everything along with access to customer service representatives all the time.

Some of the features are difficult to use/not up to par- peer to peer fundraising for ex.

Bewertungen zu Greater Giving

3,7

Greater Giving hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 85 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Greater Giving bereits verwendet?

Ann
Executive Director in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Greater Giving Saved Our Auction

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great. It's a learning curve for sure, but worth it.

Greater Giving has been instrumental in ensuring a smooth transition from in-person auctions to the online way of doing business now. Prior to Covid we had the opportunity to begin using Greater Giving for our in person events and it made such a difference in the management of our auction. The transition to online fundraising was a breeze with Greater Giving. I especially appreciate the amazing customer service whenever I have a question. So very helpful.

Sometimes when I "chat" with help I'm referred right to an article to read to figure it out. I admit, that frustrates me a bit, but I get it. I'm a visual person and figuring out this program all on my own, well, as an ED sometimes I just need you to tell me what to do and show me how to do it. Figuring out the website and the scrolling marque has been the most frustrating. I don't like that you can't resize the marquee of donors to make them bigger. It would be a better visual especially when you are trying to brand your event and be consistent with graphics.

Kimiko
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Steady [sensitive content hidden] but could use a makeover

Kommentare: I will continue to use since it's what is most used but I truly hope they make improvement on the program in the months to come.

I think it's one of the most commonly used Fundraising platforms, so that would be it's plus side.

I truly don't like the back end of the greater giving, it's what drove me away for two years and it isn't very visually stimulating or pretty. I think many other platforms do a better job of this.

Stephanie
Special Event Chair in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hard to use and expensive for nonprofits

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: If you can afford GG and the additional assistance, it can be worth it, but for small nonprofits I would not recommend.

Customer support was useful when we needed help and there is an option to pay to have someone on site who can do a lot of the day-of work for you **for an additional cost

GG is difficult to use and not very intuitive. It is also expensive when compared with competitors.

Antwort von Greater Giving

vor 2 Tagen

Thank you for your feedback about our software. We release updates regularly to improve our products and making them more easy-to-use and intuitive is a high priority. We are glad to hear you are utilizing our wonderful client services team! We strive to price our products and services to be affordable for all sizes of nonprofits and schools, while providing live support for every aspect of your event, including 24/7 free event support.

Lisa
Director of Advancement in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Greater Giving is A Great Platform

Kommentare: Definitely the best value out there for platforms of this sort. I would refer anyone to use it who works with events and fundraising.

It is easy to use with solid, quick support when necessary. Very user friendly overall. Great value for the cost! Works better than many more expensive programs. This is the second place I have worked where I have used it and will continue to endorse it going forward.

There are some areas where more training is needed or pieces can be added to make the creation of an event or fundraiser more complete or easier.

Monica
Monica
Graphic Designer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It is good, bu so hard to use and understand!

Kommentare: Overall the experience was ok. If 501 Auction had the same price as this one, I would go with 501 no questions asked. This one has a better price and better annual plan, but boy oh boy, it was hard to use!

What I liked the most was the price and the plan they offered us. It was considerably cheaper than other fundraising platforms and in the demonstration called that we had with them looked so easy and logical (beware!)

It is not easy to use AT ALL! It is super confusing to set up packages, import supporters, donors. Just building the website was a little nightmare. If it is your first time using this software make sure to have someone to hold your hand during the process. I really thought it would be easy to use, since I have worked with other fundraising programs before. Mistake! It took me a while to work around it and the tutorials didn't feel like enough to me.

Ron

Greater Giving: Great software for event management

Kommentare: We use Greater Giving to manage our Marquee events (galas, golf, wine tasting, etc.) - events that usually have an auction component and the staff, volunteers and constituents love it. I've personally used Greater Giving software for the past eight years and have never worked with a software vendor that is more in tune with their customer's wants and needs. They actually ASK for ways they can improve the product and LISTEN! I've seen our suggestions appear in product updates repeatedly over the years and they never stop trying to improve their product. We began using their mobile bidding service over the past couple of years and the staff and patrons love it. Their Go Time event night software is so easy to use I barely have to train volunteers on event night - the software just walks them through the check-in/registration process and makes check out at the end of the night a breeze. As previous reviews mentioned, their website and reporting areas are a little more cumbersome to use, but I know that they are working on that too - we've already seen some great advances in reporting with the latest software release. Greater Giving software and event support is outstanding - they are only a phone call away anytime, but most importantly on the day of your event and a LIVE person answers the phone who knows the product and can fix your issues and get you back on track in no time! They are fantastic. I would highly recommend Greater Giving to any non- profit interested in experiencing a great event management tool. This is one fantastic organization!

Ease of use, outstanding customer support, mobile bidding option/component, auctioneer features for a professional live auction, leader boards, smooth check-in/check-out event process, ability to e-mail receipt to patrons at check out, volunteers absolutely love it! Patrons are very impressed at the flow of the event when we move the event management to Greater Giving.

Reporting is confusing and needs work and they need to make improvements in the backend website creation process but we are able to get the information out of the system that we need and we have great looking, easy to use websites.

Georgi
Event Chair Auction Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Asset to our Auction!

Kommentare: There was so much to learn as auction manager/admin but using the help and taking it step by step was a remarkable journey. Our event is biennial and coming back 18 months later was much easier knowing the staff and help center were prepared to assist.

The help videos, links, and articles are essential and extremely well put together. Help chat was helpful too but mostly satisfied by the self-help videos and articles. Software is very well organized and not difficult to learn and manage; help chat is always there with a quick solution to your problem.

I found absolutely nothing wrong with the product.

Liz
Director of Community Engagement in USA

Would recommend!

It's user friendly and the donor-facing software is intuitive even for less confident users. Of all of the software platforms I have used, Greater Giving by far has the best help/support features and chat. I don't think I've ever waited more than 2 minutes for a response to a question.

It would be nice to have a little more customization opportunity in the event building on the back end. But overall it works for what we need.

Madi
Madi
Development Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Greater Giving

Kommentare: Overall great. There are occasional glitches but their customer support team is outstanding.

The auction and check in portion of the software are the most valuable. Allowing early and self check in for participants at events is fantastic and helpful.

This does not link to any of our other databases and we have to enter all information without any transfers

Arthur
Arthur
Systems Engineer in USA
, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We use it for an annual auction event

Kommentare: It works perfectly for our client to do their annual fund raiser

It is now all done on a web page. This has been a large improvement over the older versions. It is quick and easy for our volunteers to use. Support is excellent when you need it.

It can sometime time out when your are in a conference center wifi. Logging in can be confusing for volunteers

Mary
Owner/Event Producer in USA
Eventservice, Selbstständig

Visually Appealing and Functional Auction Software

Greater Giving is my preferred auction software - the main page is visually appealing and straight forward and the Greater Giving team continues to make updates that amplify the platform for virtual events (for example, their engagement center where you can embed a video). The thermometer view that can be shown during events to capture live donations is better than any others and that alone usually convinces my clients to use Greater Giving.

Greater Giving is not as affordable as other platforms and if my clients decide not to use it, it is usually because of the price - specifically because of the online auction add on. Greater Giving really corners the market but I wish it was less expensive so I could more fully recommend it to non-profits with less resources and smaller budgets.

Rebecca
Fundraising Chair in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Really nice program but not in our budget

Kommentare: I like Greater Giving. It is a very good program. It's just the cost priced us out because we are such a small organization it makes a significant difference to our net fundraising.

I like that is it an all-in-one program, so don't have to cobble together multiple programs. Everything we need is included in Greater Giving. I have helped with fundraising events for multiple organizations that used Greater Giving and I found it intuitive and easy to use.

The cost. I checked it out during 2020 to use for an online/virtual auction and found the pricing had dramatically changed from the last time I used it. We tried another program recommended by an event planner. The next year I again checked several software programs and discovered one that did about the same thing (at least everything we needed ) for dramatically less cost. We are a very small non-profit, so for us, that is a deal breaker. We would rather have a not-so-robust program and work with it than pay more for a program. Turned out the one we used was absolutely fine and we made a lot of money. So much that a lot of other clubs contacted me to ask which program we used.

Kiki
Director of Special Events in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

After extensive research very happy

Greater Giving is an evolving company and continues to improve their product. It is extensive having many features, reports and different ways of going about getting things done. They are PCI compliant which takes away worry about security and adds value to your overall event. Whether you are a small shop or large, any nonprofit can use it with a little bit of training, some practice and time. It is cost effective and adds value to our events. It is amazing that anyone from volunteer to staff can reach out to tech support. I like that it is web based and that you can have multiple events simultaneously. Also the capability to have different permissions for each user including multiple account admin helps s multi department development team like ours. Relatively speaking the mobile bidding works easily.

The "join me"feature is still new and we haven't been able to master it's use yet. The website capability is great but requires a little extra training. However the tech support is excellent with an almost 12 hour a day call hour. If the tech can't answer the question they get back to you. Most often though they will walk you through a step.

Cindy
Website manager in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Nightmare to use on the backend

Kommentare: I can't wait to get rid of this software. It looks good on paper until you use it. We couldn't make heads or tails of the reports. Designing the website pages were challenging (and I'm a website designer). Not intuitive. Inflexible. Want to had a field? Forget it. Want to add instructions or a different title to a field? Forget it. At the bottom of your website will be an ugly black bar with the Greater Giving logo - and you can't get rid of it. I've ask them to change it from a black bar to transparency or white, no luck.

Antwort von Greater Giving

Thank you for your very valuable feedback. First off, we are sorry to hear your experience was so incredibly frustrating. Your feedback is helpful to us as we continue to develop and improve our products. We recently hired a new Product Manager and he is very interested in speaking with you further to gain more insight. Secondly, we've been listening to feedback about the reports and the black bar and are already updating those areas for further customization so users do not feel stuck. Overall, thank you for your candidness, and we would like to work with you on accurately collecting your pain points and suggestions to improve our solutions. Jill Boyer Senior Marketing Manager

Heather
Senior Consultant in USA

Like it for Galas

Kommentare: Greater Giving really helped us to track our auction donations and number them, to track our bidders and assign them a number for bidding for Fund the Need and kept everything in one easy place for reporting. We were then able to export the data into our donor software. It simplified our process for the auction, quite simply.

We have used this software for our gala for many years. I inherited it and began using it and found the transition to be pretty smooth. I really like it for assigning bidders to tables and to individuals and for tracking auction donations and values.

My least favorite thing was the lack of online bidding software but I believe they now have that too. We are not doing our gala anymore so we were unable to try that feature.

Tracy
Student Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple Event Software

Kommentare: We have used this company for years and will continue on.

Greater Giving made the event process so much easier with transitioning into an online event during Covid. We were still able to host a fundraising event and families could still participate from the comforts on their home.

We have not had too many issues with Greater Giving.

Dawn
Dawn
eCRM Project Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Greater Giving Review

I like the Customer Support and I like the standard reporting otpions.

I think it is VERY hard to navigate and very hard to set up a set. I feel the program is outdated and needs to be more admin user friendly.

Allie
Operations and Finance Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Greater Giving is great for nonprofit fundraising

We use Greater Giving to track our events and it is very convenient. The card readers and system help us keep track of and charge donors immediately.

It isn't as intuitive as I would like but still works well.

Ashley
Dir. of Communications in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for Fundraising Event Logistics, Bidding

The best thing about Greater Giving is the mobile capability that allows attendees at our annual gala to bid on silent auction items from their seats. We've yet to find this capability with any other fundraising software.

I'm a newer user and still getting used to the platform, but I'd love for it to be more user-friendly.

Cara
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Too difficult for average volunteers

Kommentare: Greater Giving is very feature-rich. Too feature-rich for my needs, it turns out. We are a small private school and used Greater Giving for 2 years for an annual gala with an auction as well as a Fun Run fundraiser. I liked the flexibility to customize reports and printed materials, but the way it handled auction items was extremely time to consume. You are required to enter each thing as a single item, then create a package. It didn't matter if it really was a package of 2 or 3 items or if it was just one thing - everything had to end up a package. That basically doubled the amount of data entry for me. I found the program far too difficult to use with volunteers - way too much of a learning curve. I did really like the event-night software and found it easy to use, even with the volunteers.

Chantelle
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Another great event with the help of Greater Giving!

Kommentare: I have used Greater Giving's Event Software and mobile bidding platform for the past several years and just finished my largest gala event yet - with over 400 people attending - and I don't know how I could have done so without it! From tracking all of my items and packages, to assigning guests to tables, viewing their purchases and organizing mobile bidding and a text to give campaign, it makes me look like a pro. My volunteers love it, my guests appreciate the ease with which they check in and check out, and I find the system itself to be very user friendly. And for those rare times when I can't figure it out myself, chat support is fabulous! I have recommended this software to several colleagues and will continue to do so.

Katie
Director of Development and Communications in USA

Greater Giving has helped make our event process easier.

It helps keep us organized when we plan for events and the online auction feature is fun to use and helps us raise more money then we could if we did it with paper bid sheets.

The reports are hard to use and hard to customize and the event website it limited in what you can do with it. I wish there was more flexibility in the design aspect.

Matthew
IT Director in USA
, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Event Management Software

Kommentare: Greater Giving provides all the functionality we need at a very reasonable price. The event registration and check-in/check-out process is easy and much appreciated by our guests. Silent auction online bidding has become very popular, and we've seen a dramatic increase in the amount of money raised through the auctions.

Nice set of features for the cost. Online auctions have been a tremendous benefit for our organization

Admin interface is sometimes difficult to work with, and could use a redesign. Reporting is also a bit cumbersome.

Leah
Development Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Made an impression on our guests!

Kommentare: Using Greater Giving Express Pay allowed our guests to have a more seamless experience at our silent auction. Guests commented on how easy it was to participate in all aspects of the event using their bid number and not have to worry about standing in a checkout line at the end of the night. I wouldn't go back to using anything but this! As a small nonprofit, we are always looking to save money, so the price tag is a hurdle - but once you think about the gained revenue because your guests are focused on giving and not worries about check out - the price is worth it in increased revenue.

Makes checkout seamless at silent auction event. You don't loose revenue trying to hunt down someone who bid but didn't pay at the end of the night.

I'd love for it to be cheaper!

Heather
Development Coordinator in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Helpful but not intuitive

I liked the auction features and the ease of running event reports.

It felt clunky to use and the various features did not integrate well with one another.