Über CANVAS

Als die benutzerfreundlichste, am stärksten personalisierbare, anpassungsfähigste und zuverlässigste Lernplattform (99,9 % Verfügbarkeit) für Universitäten und K-12-Schulen.

Erfahre mehr über CANVAS

I can find answers to just about any question I have very quickly with the online community or I can call and get direct help. If I can think of it, Canvas has a way to do it.

Also students sometimes 'get lost' on Canvas, and upload their work in the wrong place, try to communicate via alternative channels, etc. Students also complain about poor mobile layouts.

Bewertungen zu CANVAS

CANVAS hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 3.479 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du CANVAS bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (3.479)

Pritam
Pritam
Client Service Specialist in Bangladesch
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best training & learning management system

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: If you are seeking out an smooth to control platform for training and trainer team of workers members, Canvas is one of the excellent software out there. Great for remote team of workers and might without problems be used in-residence as well, as Canvas shops documentation in smooth to navigate modules. While in a few instances, locating positive features may be difficult, in case you empower your group to simply "click on around" then they may don't have any troubles operating within-side the platform and gaining knowledge of the essential material.

We have used Canvas as training education platform. it absolutely was integrated with the staff job training and education for the continued learning program. Canvas could be a nice platform to mix and combination all the training activities, info and courses. Canvas is employed across the native faculties within the space and have used it on variety of occasions for that furthermore.

They have some glitches nearly not possible for many organization to line up properly. An enormous disappointment for user.

Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

The Blackboard Slayer

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: The benefits of canvas over blackboard make it the clear winner. It built the habit of checking my grades and checking the schedule for more work really easy and convenient.

Canvas is a flexible learning management platform that integrates well with zoom, panopto, proprietary websites, and more. It helps students take exams and submit homework with reliable automatic grading and robust grade calculations. It does a good job at providing an efficient interface between teacher and learner, and helps students make better study habits. Very happy user of CANVAS

The biggest drawback of using canvas is easily the possibility that an administrator doesn't set their course up efficiently. However, this is no fault of the platform itself as many make it perfectly easy to use and reliable.

RTO Manager in Australien
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Disappointing

1,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: We are solving none of our business problems. It does deliver on what we require as an organisation wants, and in fact is creating more issues and using more of our human resources than prior to using Canvas. We realised this was the case a few weeks after signing up but when a request was made to release us from our contract this was refused. Very poor customer service overall and would definitely not recommend to any colleagues in the VET sector.

It is relatively easy to upload our learning resources and present them in an interesting way for our students.

It is aimed at schools and higher education, but was sold to us as suitable for the Vocational education sector. It does not have many of the features we need when assessing, gathering evidence, mapping etc. That are vital for compliance. It is not user friendly for our course developers, trainers, assessor or admin staff. We cannot wait to move on to another system. Also, the onboarding and initial training was tortuous and at the early stages when we a training organisation is getting used to a new system, too much information to take on board.

Jacob
E-Learning, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A student's review of CANVAS after four years

Kommentare: Overall, I have had a good experience using CANVAS. It was crucial during 2020 and 2021 for online learning and it still serves a vital role for class resources and information, regardless of virtual or in-person learning.

The best things about CANVAS are the ability to receive information about the class as-needed and not just in class, the option to re-examine old classes, and serving as a source for homework assignments and class materials.

While CANVAS is a useful software, it is still clunky in some areas, particularly its test-taking software and class library page. Also, it's gradebook software will not reflect a student's actual grade if the class is weighted, which can be deceptive.

Daouda
Daouda
Social Media Manager in Kamerun
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Making simple and stylish presentations is made possible by canvas

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It's a great tool that I can't do without because I use it to make visuals for social networks, make presentations, small animatons and many others. This tool is essential to the survival of my business.

what I like most about this tool is that it takes no more than 30 minutes to learn everything you need to know and the most important thing is that you don't have to start from scratch if you lack inspiration.

It goes without saying that canvas even in its free version offers to do a lot of things, but still the professional version is much better and the latter is not within the reach of everyone, especially for young startups who have just launched and do not have enough resources.

Outreach coordinator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Canvas Review

Kommentare: Happy to use a program that makes sharing courses simple, yet holds all the needed curriculum.

Canvas is very user friendly, allows for a large number of users to have individualized platforms and tables while still maintaining a cohesive look and arrangement.

Some issues with update lag, but usually resolved by logging out, and back in.

Heejin
Program assistant in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The go-to for college classes

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Canvas has become the new standard for online class tools. Professors can post resources such as readings and videos (even full length documentaries) for course materials, grades, assignments, and online discussions all in one place for convenience.

Some professors had a hard time understanding how to use it so perhaps it was difficult for older generations folks to learn it.

Richmond
Manager in Ghana
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

A great experience so far

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

It's such an awesome software i must say. I'm really blown away by the Progress Tracking aspect!

It was just fine. I actually didn't have anything wrong

Tom
Tech Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Canvas for the win!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Google sign-in option makes it easy to connect with our students. Works well with our Chromebook set-up. Once you learn where everything is located, Canvas is easy to navigate around. Tech support is great!

Canvas and Canvas Cloud/Support are not the same, that took some time to work through the confusion for me. We have to spend a lot of time merging accounts because of an ongoing glitch of some sort.

Andrew
Teacher in USA
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Absolutely ESSENTIAL to ANY CLASS!

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I love using it and will be continuing to use it for years to come! It definitely enhances my classroom experience for students and me.

The software makes it very easy to track, manage, and administer a class. Many of its features can be used to enhance a live class. I prefer to use it as a supporting tool as opposed to a hub for my class. Many of its tools and features are intuitive and user friendly.

Some customization options are confusing as to how they can be used effectively.

Ariya
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Review on Canvas

5,0 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: As a user of 2 years and counting, I am very satisfied with my overall experience with Canvas and am very likely to share it with others. It is software that will continue to be used in the future; it's a major improvement to online learning.

This software is very well organised with minor issues. I think as a user of 2+ years, I am extremely satisfied with the software. Although there are some minor improvements to be made, I believe that this software is the future of remote higher education.

I think my major complaint about this software would be the fact that hiding and/or deleting certain courses' cards/lists isn't an option. When one year is over and another begins, half of the courses still on my dashboard can be considered clutter and are no longer needed. I think another feature that would make organising easier is editing the name of the course on my dashboard. Organisations usually title their courses in the same format with minimal changes which does make it harder to differentiate from one another. Adding subtle features that allow for personalising your dashboard without compromising the content of the courses would be helpful, I believe.

Deepali
Self Employed in Australien
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Canvas - A full range of online training apparatuses

Kommentare: Excellent

1) Gives inward correspondence, not needing an external message or email framework. 2) Incorporates a file sharing structure for informative materials inside the framework. 3) Gives an evaluating stage that is distinguishable by students and instructors.

Record names used to be shortened - however that is fixed at this point.

Emil
manager in USA

Canvas for Teachers

Kommentare: It's extraordinary for instructors, coaches, distributers or anyone with any interest in making better approaches to learning. It helps structure your plan interaction and assists you with settling on the most ideal decisions route. We need everybody to have the option to utilize the Canvas and that is the reason offer it for nothing! Assuming you really want a little assistance with utilizing the material.

Advanced education instruments that play pleasantly with others. Rubrics. Modules. Schedules. Plans. Tests. Prospectuses. Investigation. Speed Grader! (Signal heavenly messengers singing.) Canvas has so many master bang includes that will add flair to your courses. Furthermore, we could go on and on about the combinations. The Canvas API pals straight up with apparatuses like Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Adobe, and many other innovation accomplices to convey one brought together learning center point.

Instructors are influential individuals doing significant, groundbreaking things. Material doesn't impede that-it simply makes those significant, Canvas is groundbreaking things more straightforward to do and simpler to share.

Assoc VP for IT in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

The Last LMS You Will Ever Purchase

Kommentare: As a staple in higher education, online and hybrid learning have played a central role in offering courses to a geographically dispersed demographic of students. Canvas provides this ability with a solid product and reliable up time to help us meet these goals.

A very powerful platform with a low threshold for adoption and ease of use. Our instructors rave about the intuitiveness of the course builder features and functionality. Since the pandemic, nearly all of the institution's thousands of courses have content online in Canvas - including the traditional in-person classes.

Integration with our student information system required some additional outside services to that students, courses, and grades could be synced in real time in order to give students immediate access once enrolled for the class.

Christian
Instructor-Biology in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

CANVAS-A Great LMS

Kommentare: Overall Canvas has made my job as a professor more fluid and convenient. It has saved me many hours of time and has provided my students with a great tool to succeed in college. I have a very positive opinion of this LMS and am glad my institution uses it. There are some things about it that I am not too happy with, but the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

The thing I like most about Canvas is the user interface and the ease of use. Canvas makes it very easy to provide students with all course materials that used to be copied and handed out in class. Not only does this save time and effort, but it is great for the environment. I have been trained several times on Canvas though it is quite easy to learn and use. Once you become accustomed to the nuances of using it, you start to appreciate its design. I really appreciate the tools that are available with Canvas such as the attendance feature and the ability to integrate publisher's materials.

The thing I like least about Canvas is the lack of ease of importing test banks from publishers. I am not sure if this is due to Canvas or the publishers. But I try to avoid using quizzes as much as possible. I hate to type 60 questions and answers for each test and for each class. I usually give 5 exams per class and I typically teach 3 different classes.

College Student in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Canvas - The Best Online Classroom A Student Can Ever Have!

What I love most about Canvas' software was how simple and easy it is to use. It is the one platform that I have used for six-to-seven years that has allowed me to feel connected to my fellow students and professors most even during classes that were strictly online. It has options like a calendar that automatically shows you all of your assignments on their due dates a weekly and monthly glances. It has neatly color-coded panels that allow you to divide up and access your courses easily. It even has a built-in grade book so students can manage their grades, estimate their overall course grade using the built-in grade estimation system so they aren't in the fark about their grades the whole semester. It even has a feature where students can email other students and teachers directly through Canvas and a system where students can record themselves saying their name so it won't be mispronounced! There are so many other tools to name and I love that so very much about Canvas. For its inexpensive price, accessibility, and variety of tools, I would wholeheartedly recommend Canvas to any school or teacher to use.

While it's hard to pick out something that I didn't like about Canvas, I would say that the test and assessment grading system could use some improvement. It's a challenge for students and teachers alike to enter numerical equations that require certain formats such as scientific notation, for example, and it would be wonderful if that could be improved for future use. Even so, Canvas still has a great grading system for other courses that do not require equations and such so I still very much recommend it to anyone.

Nicole
Nicole
Academic Advisor in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Unique uses

Kommentare: Canvas is flexible enough to allow us to implement courses for unique purposes outside the traditional college course (online or with online support). I have built a course framework in the LMS for a semester-long class, with traditional assignments, grading, etc. (The gradebook and SpeedGrader are great.) However, it's also let my team create information hubs and portals, using Mastery Paths to direct different people to different resources, and offering flexible components (such as "mark as done" vs. actual assignments) that allow courses to stay evergreen throughout multiple semesters without having to be recycled. I've been able to use Canvas not only as a LMS platform for moving learners through courses and content, but to provide training and information and instruction on programs and processes.

Canvas is flexible and has great integration with certain add-ins, including Microsoft Office, Zoom, Ally (an accessibility checker tool), and Echo360, which are the ones I use the most. It allows authors to integrate a variety of content in a way that makes sense, and the grouping of modules and content is convenient and easy to change. The support forums are also typically very helpful. There are plenty of tools that I haven't even gotten around to using to their full potential, i.e. the calendar, chat features, rubrics. I haven't used them this way yet, but the Mastery Paths feature would be excellent for providing personalized learning experiences or implementing pre-tests.

I wish there was a more sophisticated way to subscribe to certain types of notifications (e.g. certain threads within discussion topics). There's limited ability to author courses within the LMS, and you mostly have to rely on content you create or import yourself. When used for nontraditional purposes (e.g. providing a central hub for students in an honors program, rather than students in a particular class), there have been some issues with our SIS integrating correctly with Canvas. This also may just be an issue with my campus' implementation of Canvas, but I wish that you could have 1 page linked to multiple courses and that updating it in one place made the updates in all the courses in which the page existed; this would help for centralizing information. There are no templates or pre-created objects and libraries, which again may be an issue with my particular campus rollout, and also just a general downside of open-source products.

Managing Editor in USA
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

A huge step up!

Kommentare: As a student in several certification courses, I'm largely just relieved by the move away from Blackboard since my time in university! Canvas works reliably—it's always a relief to know that you'll be able to access your course when you need to—and has a variety of compelling features that really benefit the online learning experience, including well-designed quizzes and interactive forums.

I feel that the quiz tool is one of the best assets to online learning I've seen in recent years. With our virtual learning system in which back-and-forth conversation (a more traditional lecture style) is not currently possible, the quiz tool allows instructors to gauge student knowledge and understanding of everything taught so far, without requiring a grade for accuracy. So much more powerful than the old-fashioned approach of requiring a weekly forum post to promote "engagement"! Canvas has a huge variety of learning tools that really enable instructors to customize their teaching styles. Instructors who use it to the best of their abilities really empower their students to learn, even in this crazy virtual world.

The platform can be difficult to navigate at times—it's not a particularly intuitive design—and materials can get lost or overlooked (not a great situation when grades are involved!). In addition, it doesn't always play nicely with certain web browsers or ad blockers. If it's best accessed under certain settings, that should be clearly communicated!

Maritza
Assistant Professor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Design Your Dream Course on Canvas

Kommentare: Designing online course content has been easier with the use of Canvas. It has made teaching in an online setting much more rewarding as I am able to focus more on students and their learning instead of spending time trying to figure out how to use software.

The intuitive design features and ease of use are great! You can create a great course in a short amount of time and you can share courses with colleagues for this purpose, too! If you're new to online course design, Canvas is definitely the platform to use. It also has design features for more advanced users that let you customize your content even further. There's definitely something for everyone here - whether your a new online content creator or well-versed.

If I had to pick one thing it would be the actual process of integration of external software. While I love that I can integrate external software, the process is multi-step and counterintuitive. You have to secure permissions (product key or registration number externally) and separately add/activate the software in the settings feature for the course (for EACH course), and a few other steps when you actually want to use the external program in Canvas for an assignment. It does require a bit of setup and patience. The good thing is that once you do it, you're set for the term.

Rebekah
CMO in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Couldn't have gotten through college (as a student and as a TA) without it

Kommentare: It's interesting reading other reviews using Canvas as a tool for certification and similar modular learning. As it was used during my years at college and as a teaching assistant, it reliably got every job done well and seemed perfectly built for each small adaptation we found to use it for.

I've mentioned quite a few technological pluses in the rest of this review, but for this particular response I think the most important thing was how friendly the system was. It handled tens of thousands of us constantly logged in at my university, relayed grades instantly, never crashed while administering tests, and simply had an aesthetic layout (using our college colors!) that didn't treat you like a criminal (think of other test monitoring software) or unduly freak stressed students out with how they present grades, feedback, deadlines, and more.

Honestly, I found no faults with the software while using it as either a student or TA. Given the option however, I would have suggested integration options with other, lesser tools we used as TAs such as timesheets and hour submission portals.

Juliette
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A Good Software with Minor Complaints

Kommentare: Overall, Canvas is a good software. I've used Blackboard before as well, but it was outdated and had a more confusing interface than Canvas. Canvas makes it easy to see and download assignments. The two minor issues with the software are the inconvenient mobile view and the notification settings.

Canvas is useful because I can see all of my coursework on one platform that is simple to use. I can organize my courses on the home page as I like, and when I click on the course, I can see modules, assignments, and tests attached to the course. Documents load very easily on Canvas, and I like being able to "preview" documents posted before downloading them.

I have two complaints about the Canvas software. First of all, the mobile version does not work well. I never downloaded the Canvas app, but did try to go on the website on my phone. The text was so small and the menus on the left side of the screen did not load well, so I could never use my phone to get on Canvas without the app. My other complaint with the software is that whenever anything was graded for a course, even if it was an older assignment, I'd get a notification. Perhaps this is just the settings set by the instructor and not Canvas itself, however.

Oragnaizer in Ägypten
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

CANVAS is a great tool for Courses and International competitions.

Kommentare: It's a nice program for communicating with students and is very organized. I really like to use it.

If you work in a school or a scientific competition, or if you wish to teach a class, you can use CANVAS. It's an excellent application because the grade book offers an Effective Teaching option for tracking progress against a set of academic criteria. Students and teachers will benefit from this mobile-friendly and easy tool. The largest business would be distance education, although it performs excellently in general.

It can be tough to cope with at first when using the application, and it takes a long time to publish a post on the student page. Students occasionally carried assessments in the incorrect location and took time to get acquainted with the mobile phone application.

Ryan
Ryan
Assistant Professor of Instruction in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best of the bunch (but still not stellar)

Kommentare: I've been a full-time professor for six years now, and before that I was a full-time graduate student for three, and an adjunct instructor for another six, not to mention the time I spent as an undergraduate myself, when LMS software was becoming ubiquitous. This means that I've used virtually every LMS package out there as either an instructor or a student (or both), and despite its bugaboos and flaws, Canvas continues to outpace the others in terms of usability, innovation, and overall quality.

I've used the Canvas learning management system (LMS) as both a student and an instructor for years now, and I can say with a high level of confidence that it is, by far, the best LMS available today. It strikes a good balance between available features and ease of use, meaning instructors have a reasonably high level of customization at their fingertips at the course level, but students won't be confused or overwhelmed since every Canvas course retains certain similarities that can't be altered (e.g., navigation). There also appears to be a great deal of control that can be exerted by administrators in terms of locking down (or opening up) features, so it can be tweaked accordingly for any given institution. There are a LOT of features available to instructors in Canvas, and those can be expanded indefinitely by adding third-party integrations.

There are a range of frustrating quirks, missing features that require hack-y workarounds, confusing user interface issues, and inexplicable limitations that regular users will run into with routine use. For example, if you create an assignment and enable peer reviews of that assignment, it is difficult for students to figure out how to access the documents they are supposed to evaluate. Once they do find them, the embedded document editor is buggy and limited, and occasionally fails to save student edits. On top of all of this, if peer reviews are set to "anonymous," the embedded editor is disabled entirely--not just for students, but for the instructor as well, making it impossible to make inline comments or suggestions. Even more frustrating is the Canvas/Instructure support website, with its arcane, verbose design and overreliance on "community" message boards instead of dedicated agents to solve problems.

Lorraine
ELearning Designer, Owner in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Canvas - Secure E-Learning Platform for All

Kommentare: Positive. The Canvas guides, videos, Community and help desk are really fabulous. Being able to access the answer to development questions 24/7 is a game changer for motivated learners. For personalization and differentiation Canvas supports mastery paths which when built carefully give this platform an innovative edge for teachers. Canvas continues to improve their product with every update. Canvas is aware of industry trends and learners needs and makes sure their platform exceeds expectations.

When Canvas became our LMS for e-learning I was delighted. Having a secure, self-contained platform was a game-changer for teachers and students. Using SSO (single sign on) enabled users to access their classes easily and without fail. The course customization and integration with other tools (OneNote, Google, Flipgrid, Formative, etc.) made advanced users look like wizards of course design. The calendar feature which allows students to track and plan for assignments empowers learners. Canvas was ahead of the curve when it comes to individual feedback. Their voice or video comment feature has been personalizing the virtual classroom for years. Canvas is great for Professional Develpment especially with the discussion feature. Learners can respond to and interact with one another asynchronously and this authentic interaction benefits students and teachers alike.

There were times when the customization features were not enough in Canvas. The platform itself is not visually appealing at first. The user has to carefully desing the course, beginning with the end in mind, to make it visually appearing and navigable for the learner. Additionally, it may just have been our district instance but the integration with PowerSchool gradebook was both a plus and a minus. Teachers loved that interaction as it saved so much time grading. When that interaction had glitches it was a nightmare and sometimes difficult to solve or to find the root cause. This was often the fault of browser updates or software bugs, not Canvas.

Louisa
Louisa
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Canvas in three words: reliable, convenient, and innovative.

Kommentare: My overall experience with Canvas has been incredible. From my days using the platform at my large public high school to my current use of Canvas at the University of Pennsylvania, I have found it to be extremely instrumental in fostering my learning. The landing page for each of my courses presents the necessary information, such as grades or quizzes, in a way that is consistent across the platform, yet also enables professors to customize what different links to information appear in order to allow them to design a page which best fits the scope of their course and its associated assignments. I have loved using Canvas, and look forward to doing so throughout the rest of my college career!

I first used Canvas long before I ever even entered college as a high school student. However, throughout the years the platform has always remained extremely easy to use and provided me stable and secure access to my course content. With the advent of online learning brought on by the pandemic, I began to use Canvas even more this past year as a current junior in college. Reflecting on my increased use of the platform over the past year, I can appreciate how Canvas has remained not only reliable and convenient to use, but also innovative in that they have continued rolling out updates which make the platform even better, such a the "like" feature which enables students to engage more with their classmates' responses on discussion posts.

The one feature which could be improved on Canvas would be more clear instructions on how to update your profile photo! One of my professors requested that we change our profile photos to a picture of ourselves last week, and while I was eventually able to do so successfully, it took me a little but to figure out where to take this action.